PDA

View Full Version : C. Johnson says he'll jump in the Dawg Pound...

Archie F. Swin
09-14-2007, 03:05 PM
If he scores in Cleveland :hmmm: :shake:

Thig Lyfe
09-14-2007, 03:06 PM
That's awesome. But he better hope nobody sneaks a knife past security.

StcChief
and they will pound on him.... Go for it Chad.

Archie F. Swin
linky poo (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-09-13-2199574031_x.htm)

CLEVELAND Chad Johnson kicked off his touchdown-celebration tour Monday night on Cincinnati's sideline, where the Bengals outlandish wide receiver slipped a faux gold Hall of Fame blazer over his shoulder pads.
Canton, he's predicting, will be a final destination.

Until then, next stop: The Dawg Pound.

"I hope I get in there," Johnson said in preparation of Cincinnati's visit on Sunday to Cleveland. "They can give me some popcorn - throw some beers at me - whatever they want to do. I'm going to jump in the Dawg Pound."

It remains to be seen if anyone will be sitting there.

Even the most die-hard Browns fled early from last week's season-opening 34-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, a humiliating defeat that prompted Cleveland general manager Phil Savage to trade starting quarterback Charlie Frye to Seattle two days later.

The Browns, just 18-39 at home since their 1999 expansion return, are fumbling and bumbling once again.

And now that Frye has been jettisoned, the Browns will start Derek Anderson, their former No. 2 QB who failed to win the starter's job in training camp and was inserted to replace a rattled Frye in the first half last week.

Anderson's future under center could last one play, one quarter or a few games. He'll stay in as long as he's healthy and as long as he's not throwing passes to the opposition. That's when rookie Brady Quinn will get the call from coach Romeo Crennel.

Cleveland fans are already clamoring and chanting for Quinn, Notre Dame's departed star, who could make his regular-season debut against the Bengals.

"There's always a chance a guy can play," Crennel said. "He's only one play away from being in the game."

Expecting, well, at least hoping, to be competitive this season, the Browns barely put up a fight while being pulverized by the Steelers, who capitalized on early turnovers and generous field position to win their eighth straight over Cleveland.

Now, here come the Bengals, licking their lips after getting six turnovers and beating the Baltimore Ravens 27-20 in their opener.

On paper, it doesn't look good for the brown-and-orange against their black-and-orange Ohio brethren.

"We're probably going to have to play the best games of our lives," Crennel said.

There's some confidence, huh?

For Cleveland to have any chance, the Browns, beaten 30-0 by the Bengals last season at home, must do a better job on pass defense after allowing Ben Roethlisberger to throw four touchdowns passes a week ago. Two of those scores came on broken coverage by Cleveland's secondary.

The Browns' No. 1 priority will be trying to contain No. 85, the affable Johnson who, in addition to leaping into the stands, could make a significant jump in the Bengals' record books.

Johnson, whose early Hall of Fame resume includes leading the AFC in receiving yards the past four years, needs 81 yards to tie Isaac Curtis' career club mark (7,101). But although he's on the brink of making team history, Johnson has bigger goals in mind for himself and the Bengals.

"It doesn't mean much," said Johnson, downplaying the significance of catching the speedy Curtis, who also wore 85. "I respect all records that I do achieve. It says a lot about what I've accomplished, what I've worked for since I was young.

"But my focus right now from this point on in my career is getting a ring. That's it. I could care less about the numbers right now. I've done all I can do. My goal coming in here was to get to the Pro Bowl. I've been there. My goal behind that was break a couple of records, set my name in the foundation of this organization. I've done that. My goal now is getting to Arizona (site of this season's Super Bowl), period. That's it. And I will do it by all means necessary."

Johnson has enjoyed modest success against the Browns, scoring six TDs in 12 career games. Cleveland has been able to contain him largely because of cornerback Leigh Bodden, who Johnson calls a friend and "one of the best cover corners in the NFL."

Bodden missed Cleveland's last meeting with the Bengals because of an ankle injury, but he's looking forward to another crack at Johnson.

"That's one of the best receivers in the league," said Bodden, who was limited in practice this week by a groin injury. "To play him twice a year, that's great for me to show where I am as a corner. If I do a good job against him, I can do a good job against any receiver in the league."

Johnson had seven receptions for 123 yards the last time he faced the Browns. However, he didn't score, failing to make good on a previous promise to vault into the Dawg Pound on his last trip to Lake Erie's shoreline.

Bodden's aware of Johnson's latest plan to enter Cleveland's notoriously rowdy bleacher section without a ticket. He has ideas of his own.

"If I'm going to be on him all game, I'm responsible for him getting in the end zone," Bodden said. "So he's not going to get in the end zone."

And if Johnson does, Bodden says he should go ahead with his jump.

"If he wants to get beaten up," Bodden said.

chasedude
They'll tear him to shreds... ROFL

ChiefaRoo
09-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Some one will rip his helmet off and then take a pee in it.

El Jefe
09-14-2007, 03:09 PM
They'll tear him to shreds... ROFL

Literally, I have been around the Dog Pound, and all it is, is a bunch of drunk Cleveland natives who don't have anything better to do than go to the game. They will probably try to choke him too death.

crazycoffey
09-14-2007, 03:12 PM
nah, I bet they look away from him and push him back down, maybe one or two will even sorta pat his back.

Chad is funny, I want to see it....

Count Zarth
09-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Chad is a moron. I hope some Bengals fans get tickets in the Dawg Pound.

alpha_omega
09-14-2007, 03:21 PM
This dude is nonstop fun, isn't he?

Jenson71
09-14-2007, 03:22 PM
I can see this get ugly, and leading to a banning of player/fan interaction during the game.

Duck Dog
09-14-2007, 03:23 PM
He's a ton of fun when he's on your fantasy squad.

Nzoner
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Chad is a moron. I hope some Bengals fans get tickets in the Dawg Pound.

Horseshit,Chad is what this game needs,it sure beats the hell out of wannabe gangstas getting in constant trouble and trying to make rap songs.

TurdFerguson
09-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Chad is an entertainer, but that might be the dumbest move he'd make if he does so.

El Jefe
09-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Horseshit,Chad is what this game needs,it sure beats the hell out of wannabe gangstas getting in constant trouble and trying to make rap songs.

I disagree with one part of your post. I hate watching CJ because he never stops running his mouth, he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The guy is an ego maniac, wether it be for fun or not, let your game talk for you, Mr. Gold Teeth and blonde Mohawk (last year).

Splat420
09-14-2007, 03:29 PM
You have to love 85.

Nzoner
09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I disagree with one part of your post. I hate watching CJ because he never stops running his mouth, he thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The guy is an ego maniac, wether it be for fun or not, let your game talk for you, Mr. Gold Teeth and blonde Mohawk (last year).

Well if given the choice I'd rather hear Chad and his egomania than a dude like Pacman swearing he didn't do it.

Duck Dog
09-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Not sure if the game needs more Chad Johnsons antics, but the latter is correct.

Thig Lyfe
09-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Chad is an entertainer, but that might be the dumbest move he'd make if he does so.

I'll bet he runs towards the fans with the appearance that he'll follow through... and stop right before the jump to throw $5,000 in tens into the crowd.

BWillie
09-14-2007, 03:33 PM
If Marvin lets him do this, it is poor coaching IMO. Letting one of your star players jump into the stands and risk possible injury is just retarded. Just because you have pads doesn't mean you are immortal. NBA players would get fined 5 games for this.

Count Zarth
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM

I like Chad. I'm just concerned for his safety.

BWillie
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM

You SOB, I wanted the handle "Turd Ferguson" forever, but no mod would change my name for me. Damn you

:banghead:

Splat420
09-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I like Chad. I'm just concerned for his safety.

He will be fine the guys around him will just be glad to be on TV.

El Jefe
09-14-2007, 03:42 PM

TurdFerguson, man that's a funny name.

Mile High Mania
09-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Ocho Cinco should stop "talking" about what he's going to do and just do it. I think he's a great player and he's fun to watch. He's having fun with this and he knows that a majority of the fans like his fun-loving antics.

I am not saying he shouldn't talk - he's too entertaining, but he just shouldn't talk so much about what he'll do when he scores. Just do it.

Mile High Mania
09-14-2007, 03:46 PM
TurdFerguson, man that's a funny name.

ROFL - The origin of Turd Ferguson

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MxUhfHoaP0Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MxUhfHoaP0Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Coach
09-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Chad better hope that he doesn't get dog food dumped on him.

Ari Chi3fs
09-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Does Chad Johnson have a rap, though? Call me when he gets a rap. All the cool Johnsons are doing it.

KCChiefsMan
09-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't call him a moron, he is a loudmouth. He usually backs it up though

Mecca
09-14-2007, 05:59 PM
The league needs guys like Chad Johnson, personality is what it's all about. It's not nearly as much fun when the league is full of guys who have the personalities of dry wall.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-14-2007, 06:03 PM
i love chad - everyone does - including Cleveland fan - there will be no probs with this - maybe if Cleveland was competitive????

Simply Red
09-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Couldn't agree more. I have a hard time disliking him. He is just playful.

Archie F. Swin
09-14-2007, 06:58 PM
What if a Raider receiver lept into the stands at Arrowhead?

Mecca
09-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I'd laugh....

Priest4Prez
09-14-2007, 07:15 PM
What if a Raider receiver lept into the stands at Arrowhead?
what if a raiders reciever caught a TD pass in arrowhead?

rtmike
09-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I always think of this little bit...which just so happened against Cleveland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw5TjhYQgr4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgNREzBAnY4

BWillie
09-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I have a feeling Ocho Cinco might of bought out a section of seats, and replaced them with some Bengals fans from his crew. They will be dressed up as the dog pound, have dog masks on, but then when chad does it they'll bust out their ocho cinco jerseys. He honestly couldn't be this stupid

KcMizzou
09-14-2007, 08:03 PM
what if a raiders reciever caught a TD pass in arrowhead?Heheh, nice.

TurdFerguson
09-15-2007, 09:03 AM
You SOB, I wanted the handle "Turd Ferguson" forever, but no mod would change my name for me. Damn you

:banghead:

Sorry man...I've always thought it was a funny name. Thanks to the Mile High guy for the youtube post. That never gets old.

evolve27
09-15-2007, 09:14 AM
I have a feeling Ocho Cinco might of bought out a section of seats, and replaced them with some Bengals fans from his crew. They will be dressed up as the dog pound, have dog masks on, but then when chad does it they'll bust out their ocho cinco jerseys. He honestly couldn't be this stupid

Interesting. "Here We Go, Brownies, Here We Go!" "Woof! Woof!". With that kind of chant, they sound harmless.

Sure-Oz
09-15-2007, 11:46 AM
I always think of this little bit...which just so happened against Cleveland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw5TjhYQgr4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgNREzBAnY4
That was classic, i remember that from last year. ROFL

TurdFerguson
09-15-2007, 11:57 AM
That was classic, i remember that from last year. ROFL

That hospital shot was all Palmers fault for eyeballing Chad as soon as he said hike. The hit was nice though.

Priest4Prez
09-15-2007, 01:28 PM
naH, HES GOT CAJONES