PDA

View Full Version : This is Crap

Hoover
05-25-2001, 01:30 PM
"The Rams move up in the rankings due to an outstanding draft that focused on defense, including three first-round picks. The Rams also added veteran linebacker Mark Fields and safety Kim Herring.

The offense we know about. With a slight improvement on defense, the Rams have a good chance to get back to the Super Bowl -- and win it." From CBS.Sportsline.com

Yet the Chiefs sign Tremnt Green, Priest Holmes, Will Shields (One Of the best Guard in the league) and we move down. I don't get it. We have upgraded this offense, yet we slip. The Rams add three #1 Draft pick to their Defense, who might start, and their now All World. what Crap.

Hoover
Venting

NaptownChief
05-25-2001, 01:34 PM
Until we actually win a playoff game we won't get any respect....

Iowanian
05-25-2001, 02:07 PM
they should have given us a bonus point for cutting Chester"1st and 5" McGlutton, and Carlton.....and knocked Denver down in ranking for signing the load...

our defense should improve 5 spots just by eliminating Chesters 2 "freebee" first downs per game.

No Worries about dis' preseason poll mon' :cool:

Baby Lee
05-25-2001, 02:07 PM
I can see the Rams possibly doing great things in the future with their new defensive coaches and new draftees. But to suggest that the prognosis for THIS year is improved bears no relation to reality in the NFL. There has been too much upheaval in the D to see immediate improvement. And don't forget, the shelflife for an innovative system is about 3 years. The Rams are due for a bevy of very prepared defenses.

HC_Chief
05-25-2001, 02:17 PM
I understand the Rams' ranking: their O is a <i>machine</i>; their D was the reason for all of their losses. By improving the D, they become legitimate SB candidates.

KC rarely gets any respect - when we do, it seems to go to our heads(players & coaches' that is) - and we SUCK. I prefer the national media & the rest of the league view us as nobodies - so when we beat the hell out of supposedly 'great' teams, it really shocks 'em ;)

58Forever
05-25-2001, 04:35 PM
Alas, no respect unitl a playoff win is what we can expect...and I'm not even sure one win will do it...unless we get to the SB, we will alway be considered chokers...were is that jerk that always use to call us chokers?...Was his name Da Coach or some ****...?

Frazod
05-25-2001, 05:15 PM
We don't get respect from the national media for a good reason - everytime someone sticks their neck out and predicts great things for us, WE FAIL, and they end up looking like idiots (along with all of us). We have no choice but to stick with 'em - they don't.

In order to get respect, you have to rate respect. Other than brief flashes (like the Lambs game last year) the Chiefs are simply sowing what they reaped. This team must do something truly great to get out of the media doghouse. Period.

Hope it happens soon.

47mack
05-25-2001, 05:36 PM
Being the underdog is better. The Chiefs now have nothing to lose. The Rams, on the other hand, have to live up to these expectations.

Frazod
05-25-2001, 05:56 PM
I just checked out the list. 23 out of 31? Damn, that's pretty harsh. Bottom of the division, ranked behind sh!tballs like the Chargers, Lions, Packers, Steelers and Falcons?

No respect is one thing. This is anti-respect.

This Pete Pr!cksco guy can suck my a$$. :mad:

DaWolf
05-25-2001, 06:02 PM
What's funny is that CBS Sportsline is calling the pickup of McNugett by Denver "brilliant" because he "looks motivated" in practices.

How many times did we hear the exact same thing from Dumbther about Chet during our practices? Only every week. It sure didn't seem to make a difference once our D took the field...

Zebedee DuBois
05-25-2001, 06:55 PM
You must admit, Chester looked brilliant for us on certain plays.
But his net worth (positives minus negatives) made him way overpaid. .:mad: I am glad we let him go, and am hoping that he doesn't have any of his occasional brilliant plays against us.:(

old_geezer
05-25-2001, 07:04 PM
St. Louis will not be in the Super Bowl this year and neither will Kansas City IMO. The Rams are not as good as they are picked and the Chiefs are not as bad.

Three rookies (if they start) on defense does not make St. Louis all-world this year. They need time to learn and jell as a unit.

The Chiefs are better simply through subtraction i.e., the coaching staff. If Green's knee holds up this year I expect us to be in the running for a playoff spot.

NaptownChief
05-25-2001, 09:26 PM
I think they are way off base...But that is best that way...As most of you know, with few exceptions, I am one of the more critical fans on the board. I prefer to call it being realistic, but most consider me critical. Regardless, I don't always look at everything throw homer goggles like many fans. That being said I truly think we win the division if T.Green is 100% healthy...

We proved last year that we were only a half step behind the better teams in the NFL. We smacked the Donks twice, we beat the Raiders at home if SlyMo doesn't fight for a couple extra yards only to fumble. We controlled the Titans in their crib only to lose the coin toss in OT. We smacked the Scrams. All this despite having GOONTHAR and the stooges at the helm....Just cleaning out the coaching staff makes us 2-3 wins better before you even factor in personnel upgrades with Green, Holmes, Crockett, Horne, Stryzinski etc.

Another factor that works in our favor is that teams generally respond the best to coaches that work them extra hard, ie Vermeil, the 1st year. After the 1st year or two then that act can mentally wear some guys out...

It is impossible to predict how the breaks fall in the playoffs, but I am very confident in saying this is a playoff team and most likely a division champ...

Zebedee DuBois
05-25-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by jl80
...but I am very confident in saying this is a playoff team and most likely a division champ...

Drunk with preseason hopes! :D

But wait... I'm drinking from that bottle too!:eek:

The good thing about this time of year is that all the good possibilities are still possible. Even 19-0, while improbable, is not completely ruled out.

I predict a wild card spot ( but I dream of more )

philfree
05-27-2001, 11:13 AM
Preseason predictions based on player acquisitions. Did the Skins win it all last year? What a joke! Rams were great in '99 but without the glue that held it together their team chemistry was breaking up in '00. We've stolen their glue (o.k we bought it) and we are taking over in 2001. This Rams hype reminds me of our own '98 Chiefs. 16-0? LOL

PhilFree:cool:

ck_IN
05-27-2001, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't agree with the Rams at #1. Personally I'd rank it Denver, Oakland and Baltimore. I'd rank the Rams around 4 or 5. They had a glaring weakness and made moves to address said weakness.

On the other hand, I'd say we're ranked just about right. Defense was our glaring weakness last year and we've taken backward steps on that front. We have a brutal schedule. We've subtracted on defense. And I'm not sold on the idea that Green is anything special. Couple this with the expected burn in time for a new coaching staff and new scheme.

I expect this to be a 6-10 year. 5-11 if we're not careful. With us competing with SD for the basement.