PDA

View Full Version : How many field goal will the Chiefs miss this week?

Logical
09-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Post your prediction below.

Bonus points for predicted missed extra points.

RustShack
09-15-2007, 11:14 PM
0-0

Fruit Ninja
09-15-2007, 11:15 PM
13-6 Bears.

Crashride
09-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I think were gonna make all of them

Logical
09-15-2007, 11:19 PM
13-6 Bears.13 missed field goals seems like a pretty high prediction.

papasmurf
09-15-2007, 11:25 PM
0 the same number that we try.

Direckshun
09-15-2007, 11:28 PM
There's a very large part of you that enjoys this, isn't there, Jim.

luv
09-15-2007, 11:30 PM
0 the same number that we try.
What? You think we'll score a TD every time?

tommykat
09-15-2007, 11:33 PM
What? You think we'll score a TD every time?

ROFL

Logical
09-15-2007, 11:45 PM
There's a very large part of you that enjoys this, isn't there, Jim.

Deep in my charachter is the Evil Genius, what can I say I put it right above my Avatar for all to see.

AZORChiefFan
09-15-2007, 11:49 PM
"What is not enough? Alex"

blueballs
09-16-2007, 06:42 AM
hope you get
bitter bear face

blueballs
09-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Kickers have a hard-knock NFL life
By JASON KING
The Kansas City Star

He crammed his belongings into a box last week and left Arrowhead Stadium — probably for the last time.

His name has been erased from the team roster, his locker assigned to someone new. Instead of preparing for today’s game at Chicago, former Chiefs kicker Justin Medlock is back in his native California, wondering what went wrong.

The snap was good. The hold was down.

Yet somehow Medlock missed a 30-yard field goal in the Chiefs’ season-opening loss at Houston.

“I can’t make any excuses,” Medlock said. “This is a business, and I didn’t perform. My first kick with the Chiefs was basically my last.”

Medlock booted a meaningless field goal later in the game, but it didn’t matter. His initial shank led to his release the day after the loss. One week into the 2007 season, and the first kicker taken in last spring’s draft is already out of a job.

“Here’s the thing you need to know about kickers,” Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said. “If it doesn’t work out, there’s always another guy out there. You can always find another kicker.”

The same day Medlock was released, the Chiefs signed Dave Rayner, who started for Green Bay last season before being cut during training camp in favor of highly touted rookie Mason Crosby.

Still, one has to wonder how many misses Rayner will be allowed before he, too, gets the hook from Edwards.

More and more these days, kickers are being disposed of like junk mail, with even the most seasoned veteran realizing that one or two mistakes could be enough to cost him his roster spot.

“With kickers, it’s not about, ‘What have you done for me lately?’ ” former Chiefs standout Nick Lowery said. “It’s about, ‘What have you done for me today?’ ”

For Chiefs special-teams coach Mike Priefer, cutting Medlock after just one miss hardly seemed harsh. Priefer points out that Medlock struggled during the preseason and that his kickoffs were falling short.

Heck, Priefer was on Jacksonville’s staff in 2002 when the Jaguars went through four kickers in one season.

“Justin didn’t do what we needed him to do,” Priefer said. “That was a huge miss on Sunday. It wasn’t like it was a 55-yarder in the wind. It was a 30-yarder in a dome. Coach (Edwards) had been very patient with Justin, but, at some point, you have to move on.”

Patient? Medlock was around for only one game.

Rayner just hopes he’s not the next name on the transaction wire. He knows the empty feeling that accompanies being released. The Packers cut Rayner despite a preseason in which he made all four of his field goals while leading the league with a 72-yard kickoff average.

“When you’re a kicker,” Rayner says, “you’re definitely playing a position that doesn’t get a whole lot of respect.”

It does seem rather odd.

Each week, games in the NFL are won by narrow scores or with last-second field goals. Yet kickers rarely carry much clout in the locker room. Their salaries aren’t exactly astronomical compared with their teammates, and they don’t seem to be held in very high regard by upper management.

Only four kickers in the last 20 years have been selected in either the first or second round of the NFL draft.

Lowery is the Chiefs career scoring leader, but he said he was cut 11 times before finally hitting his stride. Morten Andersen is the NFL’s all-time leader in points with 2,445. But the team that drafted him, New Orleans, released Andersen after the 1994 season when people thought he was losing his touch.

htismaqe
09-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Heck, Priefer was on Jacksonville’s staff in 2002 when the Jaguars went through four kickers in one season.

Exactly what I expect from the Chiefs this year.

Oh, and we'll miss at least 1...

Bwana
09-16-2007, 07:43 AM

evolve27
09-16-2007, 08:54 AM
No missed FG's. 13-24, Bears. Our defense will have a hard time against their deep threats.

unothadeal
09-16-2007, 09:29 AM
What will Herm's excuse be in he misses one today? "Well you can't just cut a guy if he misses a field goal. That's not real football" I'm very interested in hearing what he says if the new guy plays like crap.

The Red Sea
09-16-2007, 09:38 AM
14 yarder - missed
26 yarder - missed
33 yarder - missed

48 yarder - made ... go figure

Chiefs lose by 6

The Red Sea
09-16-2007, 09:39 AM
17 yarder - missed
26 yarder - missed
39 yarder - missed

47 yarder - Made Go figure

& the Chiefs lose by 6

Reerun_KC
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I hope for our comedy sake that we miss the first one attempted..

I would pay good money to see the dumbfounded priceless look on Herms pathetic face...

Would be worth framing!

blueballs
09-16-2007, 11:27 AM
your and idiot

StcChief
09-16-2007, 11:29 AM
One long one. +45 yds

PinkFloyd
09-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Zero... We won't get close enough to try any FG's...