PDA

View Full Version : Long Weekend....what are youuuu doooing?

Frazod
05-23-2001, 02:43 PM
Just got back from the new place, packed a few more boxes, and after this post I'm off to bed.

Things have been going pretty smoothly (knock on wood). Got about 2/3rds of the stuff I'm moving myself out. It's amazing how crap two people can accumulate during their lives - I think of everything I've taken out so far, and then look around at what's left, and I can't help but wonder DAMN, where'd all this sh!t come from? :eek: But it's almost over - the movers come to get the big stuff on Friday, and that'll be it.

You guys are correct in your assessment - I'm thrilled to be getting the hell out of here, and there are lots of ear-to-ear grins on my face when I'm in my new home. The b!tching may be a bit misplaced, but if I wasn't b!tching about something, it wouldn't be me!

Picked up a new 36" TV :D :D :D today - can't wait to see my first satellite-provided Chiefs game on that big muther!!!! Also got a bicycle (for commuting to the train station) - first time I'd ridden one since my last bike was stolen in 1983 (they're right - you never forget). I'll likely die in debt from everything I've bought in the past month, but what the hell, you can't take the debt with you, either.

Well, off to bed with me-should sleep well tonight. I'll check back in tomorrow. Thanks for the good wishes.

Iowanian
05-25-2001, 03:22 PM
I'm heading home for the Iowanian dirtbike championships with my brothers and some family....should be a riot...

2. possibly attending a big paintball fight at the lake...

3. fishing, drinking beer, relaxing....and maybe work in a little time with my woman....

(just for big daddy)

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2001, 03:53 PM
BIG DADDY is going to be riding all weekend. Get out in the morning for about 3 hours Sat, Sun, & Mon. I'm stoked. The little woman wants to try riding for her first time, that should be amusing. If she wrecks and wants to go home, she is never coming again.(nice guy huh?) Going to do a little barbecuing, some drinking, and watch my lakers kick arse. I always wanted to do that paintball thing but there are no places close to me at all. I guess I am going to have to really want to do it. You all have a good weekend.

BIG DADDY

GO LAKERS

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2001, 03:55 PM
BTW, I am really going to be working on my jumping this weekend. Hope I make it back in one piece.

seclark
05-25-2001, 03:57 PM
the wife's going to eastern il. w/her sister for the weekend, so old sec's batchin it...gonna try to get all the mowing done tonight, and spend the rest of the weekend arrowhead hunting. the 4wheelers gassed up and the rivers are low enough...

play safe iowa...and i aint just talking about you riding that dirt bike.
sec
oh yeah...i'll drink a beer or two also

Iowanian
05-25-2001, 04:19 PM
Lil' bro is getting pretty close to finishing a Superman...I think he'll get it this weekend...We've all had some tough crashes the last couple of weeks....I knocked a hole in my aluminum water pump...thought it was the block...had to push the damn thing out of a ravine, up a hill through the timber(1st time through, making a trail) through a creek....damn tired when i got home...

I'm taking my GF home too....my cousin is bringing an 80 4stroke over...she'll be fine on that....

Sec,
I'm careful on the paintball...we used to have people over all the time...my folks' have 120acres of timber around the house....a good buddy's older brother put his goggles on his forhead and got shot next to the eye...detached retina....sued my folks....the dumb MF!

I've been looking for arrowheads a little...haven't found anything yet...

Frazod
05-25-2001, 05:20 PM
This weekend? Well, let's see... I'll be packing, and moving, and unpacking, then packing, and moving, and unpacking, and then, just for a change, I'll try a bit more packing, and moving, and unpacking... :mad:

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. Doesn't change the fact that MOVING SUCKS, however.

May you all have a more pleasant weekend than I'll have! :D

redhed
05-27-2001, 06:06 AM
Well, right now I'm sitting in Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam 'cuz my flight is delayed. 3 friggin' hours!! This sucks, but the rest of my trip was great. Wotta country! Is tomorrow Mem. Day?!?! Dam, I need an extra day to recover. I can't wait to get back on the bike, too.

47mack
05-27-2001, 06:33 AM
What airline are you flying?

alanm
05-27-2001, 06:46 AM
Presently enjoying what's left of my usual two days off(Fri+Sat) I have to go back to work tonight and tomorrow(Mon) Fraz you should be enjoying your move. Man it sounded like you couldn't wait to get outta Chicago!! But your right moving is a b!tch and I'm sure you had to turn friends away from wanting to help. :D

47mack
05-27-2001, 06:49 AM
alanm

I hear you. I am at work right now. Kinda sucks when everyone with a "normal" job has Sunday & Monday off. Oh, well.

old_geezer
05-27-2001, 07:12 AM
Frazod

I hear you moaning about all the hassel involved in moving but I bet your new neighbors probably think the Chessire Cat is moving in next door.
I know how much you've been looking forward to getting out of your present area and you probably can't wipe that ear to ear grin off your face. :D

Hope your moving goes smoothly and you're soon settled into your new digs. :cool: