PDA

View Full Version : nice defensive plan huh

shyguyms
09-16-2007, 03:16 PM
rush the lineman linebackers drop off 10 yards and dbs run backwards as fast as they can.
I don't know if Carl needs to go but gunther solari and Herm need to get out of town

Silock
09-16-2007, 03:18 PM
It's not the plan. It's the execution. Hali should have had Grossman, but instead, it goes for a huge gain.

Micjones
09-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm beginning to hate this soft Cover 2 defense.

bobbything
09-16-2007, 03:20 PM
This defense is extremely soft. It's consistent with Herm's mentality. Play back and hope that the offense screws up and gives you something. Similar to trying to draw the Bears offsides earlier. Instead of going and getting the 1st down, he was hoping the Bears would just slip up and give it to him.

This season is gonna be rough to watch.

shyguyms
09-16-2007, 03:21 PM
not the plan? how many times can we let the TE and WR's catch 4-5 yard quick passes with noone around them let alone the Tackle's catch for a TD

gblowfish
09-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm officially out of my comfort zone.
Whatever that means.

Dunit35
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Grossman=Manning

against KC anyways.

Micjones
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM
This defense is extremely soft. It's consistent with Herm's mentality. Play back and hope that the offense screws up and gives you something. Similar to trying to draw the Bears offsides earlier. Instead of going and getting the 1st down, he was hoping the Bears would just slip up and give it to him.

This season is gonna be rough to watch.

Just sickens me that he's so deathly afraid of failure that he won't bother to take any chances.

Bwana
09-16-2007, 05:58 PM
They did fine. How many points did they allow again today? Not the special teams but the D. The O and special teams is what sucked the giant meat pole.

kcpasco
09-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Our D only gave up 10 points today, its the offense and special teams you should be complaining about.

The Bad Guy
09-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Are some of you morons blind?

This defense gave up 26 points in 2 games and all of a sudden it's the defenses fault?

What ****ing games are you watching?

This defense has played well enough to be 2-0.

Bwana
09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Are some of you morons blind?

This defense gave up 26 points in 2 games and all of a sudden it's the defenses fault?

What ****ing games are you watching?

This defense has played well enough to be 2-0.

Exactly, spot on. There are a few people that need to study the game before posting again. :shake:

Rain Man
09-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Gunther's defensive scheme has always featured soft play by the corners during a blitz. I honestly can't figure that out. We throw a bunch of guys at the quarterback, and then also put a big neon sign out there that says, "THROW HERE!"

I would think that if you're blitzing, you would play the corners tight to stop the dumpoff. Am I the stupid one here?

bobbything
09-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Gunther's defensive scheme has always featured soft play by the corners during a blitz. I honestly can't figure that out. We throw a bunch of guys at the quarterback, and then also put a big neon sign out there that says, "THROW HERE!"

I would think that if you're blitzing, you would play the corners tight to stop the dumpoff. Am I the stupid one here?
Agreed. I've said this for a long time as well. I always thought playing press coverage on a blitz puts your corners in better position to make a play. You'll probably see a few more PI calls, but more picks as well.

If the DC is concerned about giving up the long ball, keep your safeties home.