PDA

View Full Version : Just give em' the freakin Championship!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
05-23-2001, 01:43 PM
Morphius,

So whats your point? kidding:D I know what your talking about, but I know basketball, but I just love the NBA!

CG

what can I say but... "I love this game"

but I love football more (NFL)

Chiefs Pantalones
05-27-2001, 06:52 PM
Say it with me... sssswwwwwweeeeepppppp!!!

CG

philly/mil...you're not gonna stop us:p

DaKCMan AP
05-27-2001, 08:16 PM
Cody, haven't heard your story on the other thread on how you became a Laker fan...

milkman
05-27-2001, 10:30 PM
When this series started, I figured it would be a tough match-up, that most of the games would be like game 2 in SA.
After the Lakers went into the locker room with a 10 point lead at the half in game 3, and they'd outplayed the Spurs in every aspect in that half, the Spurs became demoralized and quit. They played without any heart for the rest of that game, and for today's game.
I would have expected more from them. Seems like their pride would have demanded it. Apparently, their pride was not a factor.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-27-2001, 11:20 PM
You mean I have to explain why I'm a Lakers fan again? I think Milkman and everyone else knows why, but I'll tell why again. Ok...I am an ex-Chicago Bulls fan, I was ever since 87'. When the Bulls were broken up (thanks to Jerry R. and Jerry C.:mad: ) I didn't follow the NBA for a year. But then, when I found out that Phil Jackson, Tex Winter, and later on followed Ron Harper and co., were going to the Lakers, I adopted the Lakers as my team. And I don't look at it as being a fairweather fan, more like adopting a team because two pukes broke up my beloved team, the Bulls. So I followed Phil and co. to LA, and now they are my team. The Bulls are and will always be my team at heart, but the two Jerrys (Reinsdorf and Crause) broke a special thing. I was ticked off at what they did, and I still am, IMO, Jordan and co. (if kept in tact) would still be winning Championships if they weren't broken up. So I say again, the Lakers are my team, now. I followed the good guys over to LA. JR and JC were/are the bad guys...still in Chicago.

CG

thats why

morphius
05-27-2001, 11:23 PM
Personally I would rather watch basketball then the NBA...

Chiefs Pantalones
05-27-2001, 11:26 PM
Morph,

What?:confused:

morphius
05-28-2001, 12:19 AM
Cody - The NBA is nothing like basketball, other then they play on a court with a basket and a ball. I have just lost stomach for a game where they change rules to make traveling and charging legal and have refs who do not even attempt to call a game fairly. Heck, I can't even stomach the fact that looking at a ref after a bad call is a foul, that doesn't happen in hockey, baseball or football. If kids were to try to play like the NBA in high school or college they would foul out before half time.

The quote I was thinking of was a little mean spirited, but it went something like, "Those who watch basketball watch College or below, those who don't play or don't know the game watch the NBA".

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2001, 04:47 PM
Simply put: COMPLETE DOMINATION. Yea baby!!!!!

California Injun
05-29-2001, 07:53 PM
Cody,

So if Phil Jackson went to the Vancouver Grizzlies you would be a fan of theirs?

Kind of convenient that you took a sabbatical for a year AFTER the Bulls piled up 3 straight rings and then climbed upon the Lakers bandwagon with the top 2 players in the league and looking down the barrel of back-to-back Championships.

So you never had the joys of watching Elgin, Jerry, Wilt, and Gail tearing up the hardwood, eh?

Did you know that Riles was actually on the Lakers as a player before jumping from the color man to head coach on all those 80s Championships?

Have you ever heard "Chickie Baby" announce a Lakers game?

Ever heard him put a game "in the refirgerator".

Chick Hearn even got a side gig announcing Bowling For Dollars in the off season during the mid 70s!

The problem with adopting teams is you cannot appreciate the crappy times when the Lakers went through coaching carousels like Magic, Drew, Rambis, Dunleavey, and Del Harris.

You couldn't get the satisfaction of watching Dunleavey choke last year in Game #7 after he bolted the Lakers for more money in Milwaukee prior to his Portland gig.

Or watching Del Harris become a nobody on the Mavericks staff (even Donn Nelson has more clout than this turd of a coach!)

I guess next year you will be a Wizards fan because MJ might be returning?

Actually, you've got the following teams covered...

San Antonio (Steve Kerr)
Portland (Scottie Pippen)
Lakers (Jackson and Harper)
Sixers (Kukoc before he was traded)
Hawks (Kukoc after he was traded)
Utah ( Luc Longley if he is still on their roster)
New York (Bill Cartwright is assisant coach)

Not a bad way to adopt teams if you think about it...

milkman
05-29-2001, 08:17 PM
Injun,
Even if Cody had started out as Laker fan, rather than jumped on the Zenmaster's coattails from the Bulls to the Lakers, he still would not have enjoyed the Wilt, West, Elgin and Goodrich show.
He's far to young. Probably just old enough that he could have enjoyed the Magic years.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-29-2001, 10:04 PM
Cali,

Uhh...are you ok? Perhaps you are taking this a bit too seriously. Emphasis on "too". Yes, I would have like the Grizzlies if Phil would have went there. And, no, I would not be a Wizards fan, if MJ comes out of retirement to play for them. I would support him. But you don't get it. I love football and basketball. But I love football more and I take the game of basketball less seriously now (since my beloved Bulls have been broken up, oh, and do you know what its like to have your team, a dynasty, broken up by the two most rotten men in basketball, the Bulls would still be winning Championships if it wern't for JC and JR!, guaranteed.) Basketball hasn't been the same since the Bulls were broken up, for me. Phil Jackson and co. got screwed by JC and JR. Phil and co. are good people and didn't deserve that. Just read Jordans book, "For The Love of The Game" and then you'll get a better feel of why I feel the way I do.

JC and JR chipped my love for basketball when they broke up the Bulls. And until they get canned, I will never support them.

"Jerry Reinsdorf and Jerry Crause were businessmen, and the business happened to be basketball, they had no repect for the players, coaches, or the game. They wanted to make a profit."
by MJ.

CG

its perfectly ok to stand by Phil and co. in LA...because I think it is...and thats all that counts, and if you don't like it, you know what to do.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-29-2001, 10:13 PM
Cali,

Uhh...are you ok? Perhaps you are taking this a bit too seriously. Emphasis on "too". Yes, I would have like the Grizzlies if Phil would have went there. And, no, I would not be a Wizards fan, if MJ comes out of retirement to play for them. I would support him. But you don't get it. I love football and basketball. But I love football more and I take the game of basketball less seriously now (since my beloved Bulls have been broken up, oh, and do you know what its like to have your team, a dynasty, broken up by the two most rotten men in basketball, the Bulls would still be winning Championships if it wern't for JC and JR!, guaranteed.) Basketball hasn't been the same since the Bulls were broken up, for me. Phil Jackson and co. got screwed by JC and JR. Phil and co. are good people and didn't deserve that. Just read Jordans book, "For The Love of The Game" and then you'll get a better feel of why I feel the way I do.

JC and JR chipped my love for basketball when they broke up the Bulls. And until they get canned, I will never support them.

"Jerry Reinsdorf and Jerry Crause were businessmen, and the business happened to be basketball, they had no repect for the players, coaches, or the game. They wanted to make a profit."
by MJ.

CG

its perfectly ok to stand by Phil and co. in LA...because I think it is...and thats all that counts, and if you don't like it, you know what to do.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-29-2001, 10:16 PM
So, basically, I'm a Lakers fan now. And I take football more seriously than basketball, and I'll always be a Chiefs fan, no matter what. With Bball, its different, because, like I stated, I don't take it as serious, anymore.

CG

uno football Americano'
duece el balancesto'

NaptownChief
05-29-2001, 10:16 PM
FYI,

It is Jerry Krause not Crause

Chiefs Pantalones
05-29-2001, 10:21 PM
jl80,

I put the "C" in there for other reasons...;)

I explained that 3 or 4 months ago.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-29-2001, 10:29 PM
Well, good night all, got a class in the morning.

CG

summer sessions suck! I am not taking no classes again in the summer!!!:mad: