PDA

View Full Version : hated rivals

dwm
05-28-2001, 12:11 AM
Who is the Chiefs most hated rival now? The Raiders, Broncos or Rams.

AJKCFAN
05-28-2001, 12:54 AM
The Raiders will always be our most hated rival, especially as long as Hunt and Davis are alive.

Now, that we will be together after realignment, we can raise a few more generations on the evils of the Raiders.

The Broncos rank a very close 2nd and in the minds of current Chiefs fans, actually are most despised. But it's not close anymore, especially after Elway retired. They've been our whipping boys since...

The Rams? No love lost there, but the Green deal felt like signing a peace treaty with them. For both sides to pull the trigger and reach a fair deal seemed like a ceasefire which will hold up for years to come. Sure, there's bitterness on both sides, but being in separate conferences, it's never going to be as hot a rivalry as the Raiders rivalry or the Broncos rivalry.

Shoot, I'd put the Chargers rivalry ahead of the Rams and I'd also put our rivalries with the Seahawks, Dolphins, and Bills ahead of the Rams. Could also put the Steelers and Colts in that category too, considering our recent wars with them.

morphius
05-28-2001, 01:35 AM
It is still going to be a battle between the Raiders and Denver, but most of that will rely on when you started watching the Chiefs. If you started watching in the 90's then you may still just think of the Raiders as the ones we beat most the time without much of a battle, while Denver is the one with some pushing and shoving.

Right now, to me, they are both pretty equal on my hit list.

tommykat
05-28-2001, 01:51 AM
:p Always the Riaders....The Rams have nothing to do with us. Remember, they are MO. too. If we can't ( and I think we WILL) go all the way then why not a MO. team?

Bronco's Hum, they have some stout. But na, can't do it againist The Chiefs...:D

DanT
05-29-2001, 04:45 PM
The Raiders.

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2001, 05:04 PM
It has been and will always be, the Raiduhs.

BIG DADDY

Or at least that is the way I see it.

California Injun
05-29-2001, 07:34 PM
While it is easy to nominate the Raiders as we've played them twice a year since 1960 but the team I hate the most is the Miami Dolphins for the play-off damage they have given us.

1971: Dolphins 27 Chiefs 24:

Easily the biggest game in regards to the fortunes of both teams.

DOLPHINS: Catapulted them to the first of 3 straight Super Bowl appearances and cemented Don Shula's impact upon Miami for next 30 years.

CHIEFS: Went into the toilet until 1986. Exposed the team as an aging group of veterans. The beginning of the end for Stram.

1990: Dolphins 17 Chiefs 16:

The Dave Szcott phantom holding call

Chiefs were cruising 16-3 at half with the only Dolphin points on Stoyo's 58 yarder in the first quarter. Dolphins mount furious 2nd half comeback until Okoye rumbles to the 15 yard line late in the 4th quarter for an easy Lowery chip shot BEFORE that bogus late flag on Szcott. 52 yarder comes up inches short as Deberg is shown the door in favor of Dave Kreig.

1994: Dolphins 27 Chiefs 17:

Montana's last game. Marcus Allen getting ripped off on that fumble near the sidelines. Montana throws pick at the goal line that could have brought the Chiefs to within 3.

This ushered in Steve Bono in 1995, who promptly INT'd us out of the game against the Colts at Arrowhead.

Screw the Fish!!!!

Mark M
05-29-2001, 10:35 PM
Death to the Raiders and all they stand for!! http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/owen/vader1.gif http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/ut2/rocketwhore.gif

Of course, I feel the same way about the Broncos ... and the Chargers and the Seahawks and the Dolpins and the Rams and the 49ers and the Cowboys and the Patriots and the Jets and the Ravens and the Redskins and the Giants and the Jaguars and the ...

I think you all get the point. :D

MM
~~Monogamous.

shakesthecat
05-30-2001, 04:16 PM
Have to be the Raiders, IMO.
But if there is one team that we owe one to, it's the Dolphins.

Thanks for the gruesome recap Injun.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-30-2001, 05:03 PM
There is no question that the Raiders are our most hated rival (at least in this household).:cool:

I'd have to say, IMHO it would go:

Raiders
Broncos
Dolphins
Chargers
Steelers
Seahawks
Bills
Colts
Titans(Oilers)

The Rams don't even show up on the scope. We've played them what .... ? Twice in regular season since they moved to St. L? Please, let's actually develop some history with a team before it is given the dignity of being called a rival.
:confused:

Otter
05-30-2001, 05:09 PM
No, my friends. We may not like the Broncos, but there is only one “hated rival” for the R&G, and that is the Silver and Black Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders.

Raiderhader
05-30-2001, 07:16 PM
The faiduhs will always be the focal point of my spite and hatred in the world of football. The donkeys a close second, but not that close. No one compares to the faiduhs as the most despised team in the league. To he!! with 'em!:mad:

Judging by my username, did anyone have any doubts?:)

NaptownChief
05-30-2001, 08:52 PM
This is a slam dunk....Raiders and whoever is 2nd is a very distant 2nd...

Mile High Mania
05-31-2001, 08:28 AM
Looks like KC should find a new whipping boy... the Broncos will end the 2 year sweep this season. KC has had success against Denver since John reitired, but it's coming to an end very soon.

As from my perspective, I'm not sure which team I would pick as the Broncos' greatest rival. Over the last 16 years, I would say it's a close race b/t Oak and KC. Oak had their number for so long and then Shannahan took over. Elway made KC look silly so often, that I never really grew to hate KC as much as you guys appear to hate Denver.

Now, Denver owns the Raiders and they've been shut out 4 straight by KC. However, it's all about to change. Denver is learning to be something other than Elway's team and they're about to grow up in a major way this season.

I guess I would rank Oakland first and KC second, simply b/c I like to see the Raiders (Al) lose and I love how fired up the Broncos' get for those two games each year. I hate making the Raider fans think that their team is "everyone's most hated rival" though. They're a pretty arrogant bunch, considering they support a team with minimal playoff success over the last 12 years.

bishop_74
05-31-2001, 09:18 AM
Rai- DUHR-ZUH!!!

keg in kc
05-31-2001, 09:55 AM
There are two teams I hate in football above all others, that they are equal to me in terms of venom:

1a Washington Redskins
1b Oakland Raiders

Prior to my move to Kansas City I was a long-time Dallas Cowboy fan living within a few hours of Washington D.C. As a matter of fact, I think I may have become a Cowboy fan because everyone I knew sported that god-awful Redskin gear and rooted for the "hogs". I DESPISE that team, and becoming an AFC fan halfway across the country will NEVER EVER change that.

Even when I was a Cowboy fan, I hated the Raiders. I don't know why, I think it's because they have the stupidest looking uniforms I've ever seen, but in any event, I always hated them. Now I'm a Chiefs fan, and I don't have to wonder why anymore, I simply have to hate. It's just the way it is. ;)

kcred
05-31-2001, 10:34 AM
The Raiders are so far ahead of anyone else, it is not worth thinking about. I appreciated the recap by Injun on the Fish though, and agree, they might be that distant second choice. I actually like Shanahan, not as a coach, but as a salesman, who else could convince 25 ex pro bowlers to sign for the vet minimum, just to play for him.

alanm
05-31-2001, 11:44 AM
There's just too much history involved with the Faiders for there to be anyone else. And then it goes to the Broncos and the Chargers. But that's just the old AFL. But for the life of me I can't think of anyone else. Maybe Miami only because we can't seem to beat them ever. It's always bad Ju-Ju when we play Miami.

Logical
06-01-2001, 12:48 AM
Sofeisty and Logical,

Easily most heated and hated rivals in the West. Oh wait this is about football. Still think it is Raiders - Chiefs.

Have had to install cooling off period and go incommunicado with Sofeisty. Good for removing bruises from bashing head against wall, bad for increasing frustration from reading and not responding.

Raiders/Chiefs split this year as do Chiefs/Doncs not going to be great fun or real depressing just going to be an evaluation year! :confused:

Saggysack
06-01-2001, 02:37 AM
IMO the KC's most hated rival is whichever opponent they face next...kinda the take no prisoners approach.