PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Doom Analyzes the Minnesota game....

Logical
09-20-2007, 02:31 AM
1st I think we have a slight chance for victory if we can come out of our shell.

Defense will play loud and proud, bank on it.

LJ needs to be used more as an out for the passing game and a diversion for the running game (don't pound the rock, but skirt the rock).

A couple of trick plays are in order and maybe even a halfback pass.

Time to really get serious about playaction offense.

Go for the TD jugular no conservative field goal football.

Dr. Dooms prescription for victory.

Direckshun
09-20-2007, 02:35 AM
So basically have the HC ignore his lifelong philosophy in football, and to turn against everything he's ever believed in terms of game-planning.

You're a real stupid person.

Fruit Ninja
09-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Throw deep early. Even if its the first play of the game. We dont throw deep early for shit. Get them thinking that there is a chance we can do it again. LJ see's to many damn 8 man fronts.

Guru
09-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Go for the TD jugular?

We're screwed.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2007, 02:39 AM
So basically have the HC ignore his lifelong philosophy in football, and to turn against everything he's ever believed in terms of game-planning.

That's not true. The Chiefs ran a flea-flicker this weekend and if hadn't been for crotchety, worn-out and tired Jason Dunn, there would have been a 3 point difference in the game.

I think Herm's less than adequate at this point BUT he's dealing with the players that's he's got on the field very well.

It's just that key players aren't so good at their jobs...

Logical
09-20-2007, 02:39 AM

Hey I want us to win, I cannot help it Herm is a troglodyte. Not sure that make me stupid, maybe it makes me an innovator.:D

Direckshun
09-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Hey I want us to win, I cannot help it Herm is a troglodyte. Not sure that make me stupid, maybe it makes me an innovator.:D
There's absolutely no difference in saying "Herm should have a gunslinger offense" and saying "Huard should throw the ball 80-yards on a rope to a sprinting Bobby Sippio."

Your advice is rendered useless and therefore sucks.

Logical
09-20-2007, 02:44 AM
There's absolutely no difference in saying "Herm should have a gunslinger offense" and saying "Huard should throw the ball 80-yards on a rope to a sprinting Bobby Sippio."

Your advice is rendered useless and therefore sucks.

This is what I get from you when I try to be positive? Why, you like the negative Dr. Doom better?

Direckshun
09-20-2007, 02:46 AM
This is what I get from you when I try to be positive? Why, you like the negative Dr. Doom better?
Wow, are you sensative to criticism or what.

I mainly have a problem with your stupidity. There are reasonable possibilities for victory in each game, but it involves utilizing your team's talents and abilities, not completely reinventing what they're supposed to be good at.

ClevelandBronco
09-20-2007, 02:54 AM
1st I think we have a slight chance for victory if we can come out of our shell.

Defense will play loud and proud, bank on it.

LJ needs to be used more as an out for the passing game and a diversion for the running game (don't pound the rock, but skirt the rock).

A couple of trick plays are in order and maybe even a halfback pass.

Time to really get serious about playaction offense.

Go for the TD jugular no conservative field goal football.

Dr. Dooms prescription for victory.

I thought you were opposed to victory.

ClevelandBronco
09-20-2007, 02:56 AM
Throw deep early. Even if its the first play of the game. We dont throw deep early for shit. Get them thinking that there is a chance we can do it again. LJ see's to many damn 8 man fronts.

Now that's some Martyball. When he was with Cleveland you could pretty much count on that being the first play of the game.

Fruit Ninja
09-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Now that's some Martyball. When he was with Cleveland you could pretty much count on that being the first play of the game.
Martyball is what we are doing right now. Its embarrassing ball.

ClevelandBronco
09-20-2007, 02:59 AM

I mainly have a problem with your stupidity...

Yeah, you have to stop being so sensitive about Direckshun calling you stupid.

Fruit Ninja
09-20-2007, 03:01 AM
Go for the TD jugular?

We're screwed.
Go for more then a 2 yard pass to Wilson. I never seen to many 1 yard passes in my life.

ClevelandBronco
09-20-2007, 03:04 AM
Martyball is what we are doing right now. Its embarrassing ball.

Wrong. Martyball did the same thing for you as it did for the Browns before you, and the Chargers after you. It had you beating up on teams during the regular season, only to see your dreams dashed when it came to the playoffs.

The difference is (I can't figure out a kind way of saying this) you're 0-2. You're not winning.

luv
09-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Keep it up, Cleveland. You're on a roll. :clap:

Logical
09-20-2007, 03:18 AM

I mainly have a problem with your stupidity. There are reasonable possibilities for victory in each game, but it involves utilizing your team's talents and abilities, not completely reinventing what they're supposed to be good at.

So LJ can't handle being the outlet?

So LJ can't run outside?

So we can't handle a couple of trick plays?

So this offense is not built for Play Action passing?

Wow going for TDs what a horrid concept?

What exactly is it we could not handle?

KurtCobain
09-20-2007, 03:39 AM
So LJ can't handle being the outlet?

So LJ can't run outside?

So we can't handle a couple of trick plays?

So this offense is not built for Play Action passing?

Have you even seen a Herm run Chiefs game?

What I think Direckshun is trying to say, is there is no point in bitching about what the Chiefs should do, when you know they won't. Instead, just bitch about how our players aren't good enough to properly pull off the complex "open holes for LJ to get us field goals then make them" offense. Which could work if executed properly. You know damn well we aren't going to pull off anything tricky, so stop suggesting it.

ChiefFan31
09-20-2007, 03:43 AM
It's the checkdown offense. That is what we currently employ.

crazycoffey
09-20-2007, 07:43 AM

I'm actually impressed you tried to be positive, when I opened this thread I thought for sure you'd say, "don't show up" or something mecca like....

Good for your Logical, show some hope and screw anyone who tries to stop you....

Simply Red
09-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Great analysis. I think you have talent, and I don't mind saying that.

Skip Towne
09-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Herm is a very inventive coach who learns from experience. I expect him to break out the triple reverse pass, the Statue of Liberty and the hook and lateral any time now. Maybe even a Bum-er-ooski or swinging gate. Yes sir! Any time now.

InChiefsHell
09-20-2007, 08:21 AM
We'll unleash the beast this weekend at Arrowhead. Our D with Allen in there and the crowd will crush the Viking O. We were 0-2 last year when we crushed the 49er's. Now, I know the Vikings have a much better D, but really that's all they have. I just think we'll have a break out game this weekend.

...man, these homer glasses are AWESOME!! :thumb:

boogblaster
09-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Anything can happen..but don't waste betting on it ...

SNR
09-20-2007, 09:29 AM
If the playcalling on offense is as bad as last week, we're d00m3d

Chiefnj2
09-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Gretz was correct in his article earlier this week that KC needs to pick an identity and stick with it. Do they want to be a Marty-esq smashmouth team, a conservative west coast Herm-esq team, or something of a DV/Saunder-esq offense that Solari at times seems to want to imitate. Pick one, stick with it and execute.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Actually i'm pretty sure in the jacksonville game last year the chiefs ran a flea flicker and a half back pass in the same game. that game was like bizarro herm.

phobia's skidmark
09-20-2007, 09:42 AM
if we win on sunday it will be because of the things that donnie edwards and jared allen do, not our pitiful offense.

phobia's skidmark
09-20-2007, 09:46 AM
btw I think what jim is saying is that instead of trying to play to the strength of their defense (the middle) we should beat them with passes, and runs designed to go outside, and deep. Their defensive line weighs in at 1200 lbs or something. Thats a volkswagen beetle with an extra motor in the back seat that LJ has to run through. Best to go over the top, or around it.

stevieray
09-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Gretz was correct in his article earlier this week that KC needs to pick an identity and stick with it. Do they want to be a Marty-esq smashmouth team, a conservative west coast Herm-esq team, or something of a DV/Saunder-esq offense that Solari at times seems to want to imitate. Pick one, stick with it and execute.

:clap:

Logical
09-20-2007, 08:54 PM
btw I think what jim is saying is that instead of trying to play to the strength of their defense (the middle) we should beat them with passes, and runs designed to go outside, and deep. Their defensive line weighs in at 1200 lbs or something. Thats a volkswagen beetle with an extra motor in the back seat that LJ has to run through. Best to go over the top, or around it.:clap:

Interesting analogy

Logical
09-20-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm actually impressed you tried to be positive, when I opened this thread I thought for sure you'd say, "don't show up" or something mecca like....

Good for your Logical, show some hope and screw anyone who tries to stop you....Thank you

Buehler445
09-20-2007, 09:39 PM

I disagree. I think in order to be successful and win a Superbowl (which as I understand is a goal of a couple of people around here) you have to be able to beat a variety of teams. There are good teams out there. That's a fact. There are teams that are good at stuffing the run. There are teams that are good at containing the pass. There are teams that will destroy your quarterback. If you're going to be an elite team, you have to BEAT elite teams.

I personally believe that you cannot amass enough talent to force your will on the opposing team on both sides of the ball (see 02-05 Chiefs...Dominant offense, shit D). You can force your will on some teams, but if you're going to bank on it, you will probably neglect other aspects of the game to win.

You can flame away, but I really feel that you have to be flexible enough to beat a variety of different teams. You have to run the ball and pass the ball. Think about the Superbowl. It was raining. Traditional wisdom says you can't have a finesse offense in the rain. Think about when they played the Chiefs. They had to beat a team that ran the ball. So what did they do? Shut down the run.

You can choose what you want to do, but you have to be able to do a lot of things to win the game. I'm sure some will say if you try to be good at everything, you will be good at nothing. That may be, but I say if you only do one thing, you cannot do it well enough to beat all teams.

I don't think Dr. Doom's comments are out of line. You do what you do to win the game. We can run. But if we don't have success, we gotta do something to win the damn game. If that takes a halfback pass. Throw the pass.

I'm not looking to start an arguement, but that is my opinion.

Halfcan
09-20-2007, 09:48 PM
we will murderize them

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Duh...

:p

blueballs
09-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Dr Doom is a Raiders/Yankes fan
he is hated coast to coast