PDA

View Full Version : Where is everybody?

htismaqe
05-29-2001, 12:17 PM
It's like a freaking ghost town in here...

AustinChief
05-29-2001, 03:21 PM
htismaqe,

I had the BBS off for most of the day... You were able to get on because you're an Admin.

--Kyle

NaptownChief
05-29-2001, 03:32 PM
I see we have a slightly different look...Any new features?

AustinChief
05-29-2001, 03:33 PM
not really... just background fixes to make everything more stable... I'm working on fixing a few little appearance probs right now.

--Kyle

Mark M
05-29-2001, 03:56 PM
I think that a lot of people are over at pigskin park. It's more of a mix of Star people and here. It's kinda cool, but I like it here.

MM
~~Gald to see his home back.

Phobia
05-29-2001, 04:04 PM
I didn't know we were back up.

BIG_DADDY
05-29-2001, 04:08 PM
I registered at pigskinpark, but this is home. I still haven't posted over there though. I like the new look. Keep up the good work Kile. :)

One Arrowhead Dave
05-29-2001, 04:18 PM
Go CHIEFS

Logical
05-29-2001, 04:53 PM
Well I have been busy with a Hatfield and McCoy event :mad: (with a certain person who shall remain nameless that spread to being between me and Jawaba as well) at the Pen, spent all weekend there and did not even know the Planet was down. That is over except for the creation of my new fictional alterego "Tothirsty" and the Planet is still working for maintaining my sanity base. Life is indeed wonderful.

I thought of Russ an awful lot this weekend though, and how this board came about. :cool:

Frazod
05-29-2001, 05:52 PM
Just glanced over your little feud, Jim. What a friggin soap opera.

I've posted a handful of times over there, but never really cared much for it. Think I'll stay here.

The best thing about the Pen? It gives Denise and her minions a place to go so they won't annoy the people here. There are enough idiots in the world to argue with - doing it for recreation is getting a bit old.

Love the "tothirsty" thing! :D

Logical
05-29-2001, 07:02 PM
Thanks Tim,

Denise keeps changing the rules so that I will not offend her so I have to stay within those rules to stay and attempt to slow her down. Tothirsty was in response to her saying that my saying what she was going to say ahead of time was offensive. I nailed it at least twice prior to that and I think it really pissed her off as a few of them like Kphobia and Raiderhader were congratulating me. Thus Tothirsty was born. I still prefer this site but it has seemed to not have much activity when I get on, probably bad timing on my part. Come late July this will become my primary home again. For now I am tri-boardal Planet, Park and Pen.

TheFly
05-29-2001, 07:28 PM
What is the PEN?

And I was also very disappointed my favorite board, Chiefsplanet, wasn't up this weekend!

:confused:

old_geezer
05-29-2001, 07:52 PM
I spent the weekend at Pigskin Park. I tried several times and couldn't get on here.

The Logical and Denise show kept everyone entertained. Thanks for the show man. :D

milkman
05-29-2001, 07:55 PM
Fly,
The pen is a secondary board off of pigskin park for all non-football topics.

TheFly
05-29-2001, 08:00 PM
The schizoid nature of Chiefsplanet being up or down is starting to really bite. I love this place. But if I can't get on then what's the use...???

Never been to the PEN. Have browsed threads at the PIG. But have never posted there. Always loyal to Chiefsplanet.

I will wait to the start of preseason to decide what to do if Chiefsplanet bites the dust during game time and the number of posters continues to decline...

:(

Logical
05-29-2001, 08:16 PM
If anybody can get word to Kyle it seems that most of the recent downtime is due to modifications, maintenance and repair. Jawaba is a really good guy and I am sure he would not object to a thread announcing these activities in the future. Sometimes I think Kyle has a tendency to want to perfect this place just a little too much, but I respect that desire. I think he should take advantage of the Pen and the Park to let people know. If it is a planned shutdown people are much less likely to get annoyed. Just my thoughts.

old_geezer
05-29-2001, 08:23 PM
Dear Mr. Fly, :D

I consider myself bi-boardal at this time. I switch back and forth between the Planet and Pigskin Park all the time and most likely will do the same in the future. :cool:

NaptownChief
05-29-2001, 08:42 PM
I just haven't been able to whore myself out to another board yet...I would just feel dirty...:D

Frazod
05-29-2001, 09:38 PM
Jim, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You get waaayyyy too worked up over the Raiderette. I feel kind of bad for you that you tanked so much of a holiday weekend trying to bring logic to the void.

Perhaps you should try beating your head against a brick wall in real life - the pain would make you stop....

Phobia
05-29-2001, 09:44 PM
LMAO Frazod. That is the perfect analogy. For someone whom claims to be so logical, it sure seems silly. Hell, I do the same but I don't claim to be super logical. :D

Sorry Jim - it was on the tip of my tongue and slipped out. No offense, of course.

Frazod
05-29-2001, 10:25 PM
Jim's battles with the Raiderette remind me of the old Star Trek episode where the crew defeated a group of androids by being so deliberately illogical that it made their circuits fry. In reading many of their exchanges, I can almost smell Jim's brain burning. Of course, I guess on some level he must enjoy it, because he keeps going back for more.

I had an ex-girlfriend (strong emphasis on EX) who had a similar MO. My ship of reason was dashed upon her shoals of insanity for seven of the longest months of my life. I'd sooner be able to teach my cat to play chess than make her understand a logical point. Don't need anymore of that sh!t in my life :mad:

Jim, I mean you no disrespect. But it hurts my brain just to read the banter between you two. IMO, you'd be much better off if you abandoned your journey into madness.

Logical
05-29-2001, 10:25 PM
Yeah but guys I could never get the wall to tell me I am a testoterone obsessed with winning rageoholic who is attacking it and being offensive. I would miss those precious moments of my life!

God I am really one sick masochistic puppy. Helppppppppppp! :eek:

Frazod
05-29-2001, 10:30 PM
Jesus! She actually said that? Wow....

Phobia
05-29-2001, 10:32 PM
LMFAO

Yeah, she said that but it was in her, please love me because I'm the innocent one, Jawaba voice. :rolleyes:

Frazod
05-29-2001, 10:39 PM
Who the hell is "Jawaba"? I don't remember that handle from the Star days.

Phobia
05-29-2001, 10:41 PM
He is the AustinChief of the pigskinplanet board.

Super nice guy but not a vet of kc.com, so he's not privvy to the sofiesty modus operandi

Logical
05-29-2001, 10:41 PM
Besides being a sick puppy, it was raining or misting almost the entire weekend here in Sunny San Diego. I still managed to get in a Picnic, a Barbecue, eating out because we could not get into that darn Pearl Harbor movie to save our life as well as renting and re-watching Vertical Limit, Men of Honor, and finishing the last 2/3s of Web Griffin's Brotherhood of War - The Lieutenants. I guess I just like to keep busy. :rolleyes:

Phobia
05-29-2001, 10:45 PM
Jim - were you the guy I convinced to try WEB Griffin? I had forgotten about that discussion. Do you like him so far?

Logical
05-29-2001, 10:47 PM
Based on the final PM I got from Jawaba I think he is beginning to understand. But face it she is a master suck-up to BB administrators and he is a virtual rookie to her ways. I hold nothing against him and I think we learned quite a bit about each other. He has good intentions for his BBs and he did take my suggestion and accepted DanT as a replacement moderator. I can think of few I would recommend higher on that BB than Dan that are not already moderators somewhere, he will be great.

California Injun
05-29-2001, 10:48 PM
Logical,

Are you that young lad that is seen on that commercial where he is banging his head against the rear seat window while his parents see "polly-wolly-do-dah day"?

You can probably guess what the parents represent in your little tet-a-tet at Pigskin Park....

Frazod
05-29-2001, 10:49 PM
Okay. I guess that explains why I never heard of him.

I guess I'm thread-jumping here, Jim, but don't get your hopes up on PH. Strictly middle-of-the-road film, and if you are a student of history, it'll likely offend you a bit. I thought it was okay, but I was more dissappointed than moved. And that's a shame. Of course, summer blockbusters often come in sets (Volcano & Dante's Peak, Armageddon & Deep Impact, etc.) so perhaps we'll get another PH movie that less love story sh!t and more PH.

Still, I'd have rented friggin Barney videos rather than rant at the Raiderette all weekend.

And I'd rent myself out to a firing squad before I'd watch Barney. :D

Logical
05-29-2001, 10:50 PM
Kphobia,

Yes I was and the Lieutenants is the first book I tried and I love it. I think you actually recommended the Marine series, so after I finish Atlantis by Cussler I will probably get the first of the Marine series. I really needed some additional material because I have exhausted everything from every author I like, and since I really prefer the convenience of paperback it gets to be a long wait.

So thanks.

Phobia
05-29-2001, 10:52 PM
Well, I was gonna offer to loan out my collection but I prefer hardback for collection purposes. Plus, that shipping $$$ might get hefty. Finally, I guess you could go to the library if you wanted hardback.

Glad you enjoy him. If you like Lts, I think you'll enjoy all his work.

morphius
05-29-2001, 10:53 PM
Damn this is a funny thread! Good to see this back up, I saw it go up and down a couple of times, so I just stayed away. Was also having to much fun with the Logical illogical battle.

She reminds me of my mother-in-law. My Father-in-law told my wife not to argue with her because she basis everything off of feelings and nothing on logic.

Logical
05-29-2001, 11:00 PM
Actually I am starting out with low expectations but a high degree of curiousity, with the beach and all the other activities it is rare for a movie to get this kind of attention. Now the rainy weekend probably offset that but today it was a great day again and the theatres were sold out for the whole night.

California Injun

I busted a gut when I saw that commercial for the first time, it is appropriate to my situation. But I must admit I am so damn stubborn that I will dog her for an awful long time now, eventually I will get bored because she is really so predictable. I am not sure but I may have ran her off today because during the morning she was on a lot and then made her complaint about my speaking her thoughts, after I changed to Tothirsty she just disappeared. I really can be a pesky nuisance you know. I have found that she absolutely hates three things when I call her out on the Big Lie, my new trilogy term for her style "Squiggle, Wiggle and Equivocate) and finally when someone is able to accurately predict what she is going to do and say.

Ah but my head is swelling, so tommorow I will probably need to beat it against the wall awhile to compensate.

You know this whole BB stuff is really like a dependency that is hard to break.

Frazod
05-29-2001, 11:04 PM
Jim, I highly recommend low expectations - they saved the movie for me. Had I not read any reviews, I would have been p!ssed.

Still, you're better off renting Tora Tora Tora or From Here to Eternity - the latter is a PH love story that worked on all levels.

Rausch
05-29-2001, 11:05 PM
Hate ta' butt in here, but is there a late crew on here most nights? I couldn't get on lately, but I'm mostly on here post 11 pm.....

Logical
05-29-2001, 11:07 PM
I remember Tora, Tora, Tora it was indeed a great flick, I cannot remember from here to Eternity anymore perhaps I should rent it.

Welcome Brad, how have you been? You are not interupting this is pretty much a BS session.

Frazod
05-29-2001, 11:13 PM
Seriously, Brad, butt away. The more the merrier.

I'm pretty much an evening/weekend guy - I've been on late recently due to moving taking up much of my free time. Don't know how long it will take to get back up on line after I move, either. Hopefully not too long.

Jim, From Here to Eternity was made, I believe, in the early to mid-50's - old B/W movie starring Burt Lancaster and Montgomery Cliff. Uses actual footage from the attack (being in B/W they could get away with it). One of my favorite old movies - in fact, I think I'll make that and Tora Tora Tora the next additions to my collection. Both far, far better than this latest offering.

Rausch
05-29-2001, 11:20 PM
I've been told by more than one person that TORA TORA TORA was the definitive PH film. It's out on DVD and CHEAP! So, it WILL be mine!

I'm a big WWII buff, having been of german heritage and my grandfather and his two brothers being envolved. I'D hear one story of Omaha beach, then about a battle in the Pacific, then my grandfather would joke about how lucky he was he was based at HOME and they were out there doing all the work! :D

Seriously though, it was unsettling how few people really understood what the past holiday was all about. MY family has deeply ingrained how lucky I am and how privilage, but most people seem ignorant of anything before MTV and what cost was paid to make Dawson's Creek available to the brain-dead youth...

Frazod
05-29-2001, 11:27 PM
I agree, Brad. People seem to think it's just an extra day off anymore. I always take the time to reflect on Memorial Day's true meaning. I was also happily surprised to see a lot more American flags flying yesterday than I remembered in the past (even in my current neighborhood).

Rausch
05-29-2001, 11:37 PM
I wish I could say the same...I saw three...My grandfather's and two others....

Yer' right, bbq and a day off work...But I guess part of getting old is realizing that as WWII get's almost 100 years in the past, people start to look at it as Columbus landing and the first Ford car....They get removed and just think "that was soo long ago."

I guess that's a good thing though. I'd trade all the ignorance in the world for avoiding WWIII....

Frazod
05-29-2001, 11:39 PM
I heard that. Hopefully no WWIII in our lifetime.

I'm off to bed. Goodnight to all.

Logical
05-29-2001, 11:44 PM
Guess I really am getting old, not even 11 and sleep is seeming important. Also good night folks, great to be back on the Planet.

Thanks Kyle.

DenverChief
02-13-2003, 06:46 PM
This seems rather appropriate for now:hmmm: :spock:

ENDelt260
02-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Who the hell is this htismaque guy?

;)

DenverChief
02-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ENDelt260
Who the hell is this htismaque guy?

;) :LOL:

DenverChief
02-13-2003, 07:25 PM
ZZZ.....it must be time to pull out the SD KC game and watch Boe run 99 yards:) :D

Zebedee DuBois
02-13-2003, 07:36 PM
Why is histamacks name not linkable on the forum list page?

DenverChief
02-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Zebedee DuBois
Why is histamacks name not linkable on the forum list page?

I was wondering the same thing:hmmm: