PDA

View Full Version : LJ wants 40 carries against the Vikes. .

percysnow
09-20-2007, 05:31 PM
News: Pro Bowl RB Larry Johnson, who held out for 25 days, has only 36 touches for 174 yards in the first two games - roughly what he normally would get in one. But the Vikings and everyone else know that is almost certain to change. Johnson went to coach Herman Edwards and passionately argued that he wanted 40 carries this week. "I said, 'In one game?'. I went, OK, sounds like a good number to me. So, if we run it 40 then we only have to pass it 20 times," Edwards said. "That's probably right. He won't carry it 40, I don't think."
Analysis: Johnson needs to do something in this game to help Fantasy owners stop worrying about his poor output. He will likely struggle again because the Vikings run defense is stout. Consider LJ a No. 2 Fantasy RB this week.

Skip Towne
09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
We need a QB who can go downfield before we slam LJ into 8-9 man fronts 40 times.

ENDelt260
09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
haha "I don't think"

Micjones
09-20-2007, 05:38 PM
I doubt he touches it 30 times.
I get the feeling he won't need to.
This team will be jacked for this game.

Mecca
09-20-2007, 05:42 PM
That's a horrid idea for this game, he'd have like 80 yards.

Buehler445
09-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Start Brodie. Score 2 TDs. Score off of the defense. When we're aheady by 3 TDs, then run the ball.

WE HAVE TO PASS THE BALL WELL TO WIN. Any game, not just Minnesota. (Hitting the fullback in the flat is not passing the ball well).

KurtCobain
09-20-2007, 07:06 PM
That's a horrid idea for this game, he'd have like 80 yards.

svuba
09-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Start Brodie.

WE HAVE TO PASS THE BALL WELL TO WIN. Any game, not just Minnesota. (Hitting the fullback in the flat is not passing the ball well).

You are correct sir

MTG#10
09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I just realized the vikes have 10 sacks in two games. Maybe we should run it.

Mecca
09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
So I checked out the Vikings game this year, you can move the ball if you spread them 4 wide and go with slants and such but um the Chiefs never go 4 wide.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
The Vikings run defense is not that good. The reason they are ranked high is because their pass defense is so poor teams choose to pass against them instead.

Mecca
09-20-2007, 07:31 PM
.....I mean your run d totally sucks when you have possibly the best DT in the game along with another pro bowler there.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2007, 07:34 PM
The Vikings run defense is not that good. The reason they are ranked high is because their pass defense is so poor teams choose to pass against them instead.

This is just not true whatsoever. You can't run against the Vikings.

Mecca
09-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Their LB's are also really active, if the Chiefs think they're gonna run it 30 times and win this game, it won't work.

They also get tons of sacks and cause turnovers....their defense is better than ours is at this time.

Skip Towne
09-20-2007, 07:36 PM
So I checked out the Vikings game this year, you can move the ball if you spread them 4 wide and go with slants and such but um the Chiefs never go 4 wide.
No, but we run a lot of slants and such.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Actually we have gone 4 wide at times...

Mecca
09-20-2007, 07:43 PM
You'd pretty much have to sit in 4 wide the whole game, that was what Detroit did. They used swings and screens as running plays.

The slants work in 4 wides because the starting corners are good but you can get some plays in the guys in the slots...I don't think we really have the players or the coach to beat a team using a gameplan like that though.

Sit in base offense and scoring is goin to be hard pressed.

SNR
09-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Their LB's are also really active, if the Chiefs think they're gonna run it 30 times and win this game, it won't work.

They also get tons of sacks and cause turnovers....their defense is better than ours is at this time.EJ Henderson is slow as ****

HemiEd
09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
This will be the first Chiefs Victory of the season, I guarantee it. WE will NOT lose to an NFC team two weeks in a row, especially at home.

The offense will need to do more of what they did on the first and last drives, against the Bears. I think our defense is due to score. Welcome back Jared Allen.

Mecca
09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
That really has nothing to do with how well he tackles or defends the run, or gets himself in position...

Simply put the typical Herm offensive game plan will not work in this game.

beer bacon
09-20-2007, 07:45 PM

This is backwards. Their pass defense suffers statistically because teams are afraid to run it on them.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2007, 07:45 PM
This is just not true whatsoever. You can't run against the Vikings.

Well then we're about to lose 10-3 on Sunday because Herm doesn't give a shit.

Mecca
09-20-2007, 07:47 PM

That's pretty accurate actually.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2007, 07:47 PM

I have a bad feeling about this.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4206/gotabadfeelinglh5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mecca
09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Since it's our coaching staff it should be a Spaceballs picture.

MGRS13
09-20-2007, 07:52 PM
That really has nothing to do with how well he tackles or defends the run, or gets himself in position...

Simply put the typical Herm offensive game plan will not work in this game.This is exactly what I was saying in the "will we come out throwing " thread. Herm doesnt game plan based on teams we are playing. Hes gonna "run the ball and play defense" and any other conventional wisdom be damned. We could have thrown on the bears too(and not swing passes in the flat so hush it Clayton) just like the Colts did in the superbowl but hey thats arena ball.

Mecca
09-20-2007, 07:56 PM
If they really do run it 30+ times I'm going to laugh at how inept the coaches are, any dipshit knows running on the Vikings is a stupid idea.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2007, 08:01 PM
If they really do run it 30+ times I'm going to laugh at how inept the coaches are, any dipshit knows running on the Vikings is a stupid idea.

Get ready to laugh.

MGRS13
09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
If we aren't gonna just run run run what else are we gonna do? Herm's got nothing else. The proof is on gameday. Teams take away the run and we do nothing. Thats why Herm always has that look on his face on Sundays. You know he's got to think every once in a while "It's like they new what we were gonna do out there it was freaky." The guys a dumbass never learns. I don't think he's capable of coming up with any thing else.

KCTitus
09-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Down by 7 with 2 minutes to play and no time outs...KC's gets LJ his 40th carry on 3rd and 12 and fails to make the first down. KC's 4th down attempt is caught but 3 yards behind the first down line and KC goes 0-3.

Short Leash Hootie
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I just realized the vikes have 10 sacks in two games. Maybe we should run it.
This number is inflated based on the fact that they've played the Falcons...

MGRS13
09-20-2007, 09:06 PM
This number is inflated based on the fact that they've played the Falcons...
Next week when they have 14 someone will say its inflated on the fact that they've played the chiefs.

Rain Man
09-21-2007, 01:21 PM
40 carries? That's 13 drives.

HonestChieffan
09-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Will the line block as well for LJ as they do for Bennet? I have a feeling there is some stuff going on there but no one ever wants to consider it.

beach tribe
09-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Will the line block as well for LJ as they do for Bennet? I have a feeling there is some stuff going on there but no one ever wants to consider it.
Please don't say shit like that.

My mind cannot handle it.

If is going on, I do not want to know.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 01:31 PM

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

StcChief
09-21-2007, 01:32 PM
25-30 touches with LJ/Bennett

Dartgod
09-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Since it's our coaching staff it should be a Spaceballs picture.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=73153

Herm Edwards: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the game?
Mike Solari: Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
Herm Edwards: What happened to then?
Mike Solari: We passed then.
Herm Edwards: When?
Mike Solari: Just now. We're at now, now.
Herm Edwards: Go back to then!
Mike Solari: When?
Herm Edwards: Now.
Mike Solari: Now?
Herm Edwards: Now!
Mike Solari: I can't.
Herm Edwards: Why?
Mike Solari: We missed it.
Mike Solari: Just now.
Herm Edwards: When will then be now?
Mike Solari: Soon.
Herm Edwards: How soon?
Gunther Cunningham: Sir!
[Herm Edwards has become far too confused and everyone now ignores him even though he's the head coach]
Herm Edwards: What?
Gunther Cunningham: We've sacked their quarterback.
Herm Edwards: Where?

HonestChieffan
09-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Im not saying it is or isnt. But last week it just seemed what i saw that Bennet was getting a shade better push from the boys up front

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Im not saying it is or isnt. But last week it just seemed what i saw that Bennet was getting a shade better push from the boys up front

Is that why he averaged 2 YPC?

InChiefsHell
09-21-2007, 02:04 PM
The line is not choosing to block less for LJ...that is the dumbest damn thing I've ever heard...

kepp
09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
We'd need to get a couple first downs for this to happen.

HonestChieffan
09-21-2007, 02:17 PM
just watch sunday and see what you think

Stinger
09-21-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=73153

Herm Edwards: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the game?
Mike Solari: Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
Herm Edwards: What happened to then?
Mike Solari: We passed then.

ROFL ROFL Very Good :clap:

CupidStunt
09-21-2007, 03:08 PM

Situations vary, dipshit.

If we get up by a touchdown and a FG, they better f'ing run the football and would probably end up with 30 touches.

If LJ is running at 4+ per clip, they better f'ing run the football.

Stop drooling over Minnesota (like any other KC opponent), you moron, and tell us why the Chiefs have a chance to win the game; not why we are doomed to lose.

KC @ HOU: Mecca's chance to suck Andre Johnson's dick.
KC @ CHI: Mecca's chance to suck Devin Hester's dick.
MIN @ KC: Mecca's chance to suck Kevin Williams' dick.

Get a ****ing grip you sad sack of shit. You are supposedly a fan of the CHIEFS. Don't play that "I call it as I see it" shit because you're not calling ANYTHING positive about KC as you see it, but they DO have strengths on their team which you simply ignore.

InChiefsHell
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM

If we get up by a touchdown and a FG, they better f'ing run the football and would probably end up with 30 touches.

Stop drooling over Minnesota (like any other KC opponent), you moron, and tell us why the Chiefs have a chance to win the game; not why we are doomed to lose.

Get a ****ing grip you sad sack of shit. You are supposedly a fan of the CHIEFS. Don't play that "I call it as I see it" shit because you're not calling ANYTHING positive about KC as you see it, but they DO have strengths on their team which you simply ignore.

So, what you're saying is, you disagree with Mecca...

ferrarispider95
09-21-2007, 04:01 PM

Not a great analogy because Johnson and Hester did own us, so that makes Mecca a cocksucking prophet

Calcountry
09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Here's a novel game plan. First down, 15-25 yard pass attempt. Second down repeat first down if it failed.

Third down, quick draw, delayed draw, screen, or repeat of first down. If fails, punt.

Do that until the bitches back off the line, then fire LJ at them. If you lose the game, you might as well die trying. I am sick of this run run pass punt crap.

Skip Towne
09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Here's a novel game plan. First down, 15-25 yard pass attempt. Second down repeat first down if it failed.

Third down, quick draw, delayed draw, screen, or repeat of first down. If fails, punt.

Do that until the bitches back off the line, then fire LJ at them. If you lose the game, you might as well die trying. I am sick of this run run pass punt crap.
My feelings exactly. Slamming LJ into 8-9 man fronts is not only futile but stupid.

Mecca
09-21-2007, 05:12 PM
He's just into personally attacking me, even though I don't do that, it's pure class.

I'm sorry the Chiefs aren't good maybe we should pretend we are.

CupidStunt
09-22-2007, 05:39 AM
Not a great analogy because Johnson and Hester did own us, so that makes Mecca a cocksucking prophet

It isn't an analogy. It's what Mecca does.

I, like many other Chiefs fans, could've told you Andre Johnson and Devin Hester are studs.

Mecca, you're a f*cking moron who thinks you're the ONLY person who can see what the Chiefs are. Don't kid yourself - I can see what they are. The difference between me and you is that I want them to be MORE, you couldn't give a shit and completely enjoy them sucking, hense why you point it out in... EVERY THREAD.

No one smart pretends the Chiefs are any good. That's a lame cop-out. But smart people DO realize the Chiefs have a lot of talent and a lot of things going for them; and pointing them out is generally what fans DO.

Minnesota @ KC: Chiefs have to air it out, play sound defense by containing Peterson and don't make mistakes or those costly turnovers.

Mecca: Chiefs suck, we're like the Falcons of the AFC, Adrian Peterson will break the rushing and landspeed record against us, Kevin Williams is better than our entire team, LJ will average 2 ypc against them despite averaging well over 3 and 4 in his first two games, one against a better defense.

KCChiefsMan
09-22-2007, 05:47 AM
So, if we run it 40 then we only have to pass it 20 times," Edwards said.

Christ :shake:

Mecca
09-22-2007, 05:48 AM
Yes I should totally cheer for the Chiefs to win 7 games, in the grand scheme of things I consider that bad. The organization as a whole needs change, major change.

Look Minnesota and KC are very similar teams, I consider their Oline slightly better and their defense significantly better. They will have the better defense on the field Sunday, as whole yes the Bears unit is better, as a rush defense Minnesota is better.

I consider this a horrid matchup, everything Minnesota is really good at on defense is what the Chiefs do, the way to attack them is by doing things Herm just won't do.

It's like this 2 similar teams I think in pure matchups and coaching Minnesota has an edge, but the game is here. I say I think Minnesota takes it in the end because this team has a knack for making mistakes and not coming up when they need to.

CupidStunt
09-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Yes I should totally cheer for the Chiefs

FULL STOP.

But you don't. That's what's sad. Like I've said before, at least the Logical's of the world do this.

Cochise
09-22-2007, 07:26 AM
We need to be throwing the ball all over the lot. Yeah, giving Johnson carries, but we need to be more aggressive.

Hopefully, something unprecedented will happen like us realizing we need to throw past the first down marker to move the ball.