PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: My Son Is A Fan Of The Denver Broncos

Donger
09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
As I was "watching" the Chiefs' game on NFL.com last weekend, my almost six-year old son walked up to me looking very nervous. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Daddy, please don't be mad at me." I responded, "What did you do wrong?" He replied, "Well, I don't want to be a Chiefs' fan. I like the Broncos. I want cheer for them, but I'm afraid that you'll be mad at me if I do."

Now, he was born in Colorado and has no personal connection to KC or the Chiefs. It was very upsetting, since he was clearly and honestly concerned that I'd be angry. That got me thinking: Is being a Chiefs' fan worth it?

I told him that he can cheer for the Broncos, and that I'm fine with that. Then, the little f*cker said, "Okay, but I'd really like it if you'd cheer for the Broncos with me."

Carl save me, but I'm actually considering it.

What would you do?

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
If it weren't for the fact I consider myself an enlightened man, I'd say this is worse than your son coming out and saying he's had three-way sex with Richard Simmons and RuPaul.

Ebolapox
09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
antifreeze.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Burn em

Donger
While not unexpected, this is actually a serious, VERY serious, question. I'd appreciate some serious answers.

Thanks.

JBucc
Tell him he can root for the Broncos, but from now on he has to tuck his weewee in and wear a pink dress.

Count Zarth
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Explain to him that the Denver Broncos are cheaters. They cheated the salary cap in order to win two Super Bowls. When the Denver Broncos play football, they also try to injure players by blowing out knees, one of the most serious injuries in football. Tell him that in a playoff game against the Chiefs one time, the Broncos cheated by covering their jerseys in a slick, vaseline-like substance in order to gain an illegal advantage. Tell him that if he wants to, he can root for the Broncos, but he'll be rooting for a dirty, lowdown, cheating, no-good team that has zero character.

Tell him the Chiefs are the epitome of NFL class and the complete opposite of the Denver Broncos.

It's his decision, but rooting for the Broncos is like rooting for the terrorists.

Planetman
He's 5. Humor him. As long as you keep your fingers crossed while you root with him, no one here will come to your house and dismember you.

RustShack
Kill him while he's young and make another one... force the Chiefs down their throat. I'm jk. Tell him the Broncos are the DEVIL! (I watched Waterboy a couple days ago)

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2007, 02:36 PM
While not unexpected, this is actually a serious, VERY serious, question. I'd appreciate some serious answers.

Thanks.

Easy...

Tell him that you love him and appreciate that he's thinking for his own, but he should know that the Broncos are cheaters

List what they did to the cap, against the Chiefs in the playoffs, and many other of their shady dealings. Also, tell him that their most famous player was a horrible sportsman who disgraced the game.

Tell him, that while you value his opinion, in light of those things, you'd be disappointed if he rooted for a bunch of cheaters. Then hand him a piece of merchandise for an NFC team and see what he thinks.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-21-2007, 02:36 PM
If you're living in Colorado, he's probably being influenced by his classmates at school, who're probably 90% Bronco fans.

1) Let him root for whomever he wants. When I watched baseball, I rooted for the Royals, while my Grandfather and Father were huge Cardinal fans. The Royals were founded when I was 10, so it was easier to get into them than have to deal with all the Cardinal traditions and stuff.

2) Explain to him that if he can have a favorite team, you're allowed to have one to, so you'll continue rooting for the Chiefs. (Then invest in two seperate TVs - preferably as far apart in the house as physically possible.)

SBK
09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
That's tough. You should tell him you'll root for the Broncos if he'll wear a pretty pink dress and play with Barbies.

CoMoChief
09-21-2007, 02:38 PM
As I was "watching" the Chiefs' game on NFL.com last weekend, my almost six-year old son walked up to me looking very nervous. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Daddy, please don't be mad at me." I responded, "What did you do wrong?" He replied, "Well, I don't want to be a Chiefs' fan. I like the Broncos. I want cheer for them, but I'm afraid that you'll be mad at me if I do."

Now, he was born in Colorado and has no personal connection to KC or the Chiefs. It was very upsetting, since he was clearly and honestly concerned that I'd be angry. That got me thinking: Is being a Chiefs' fan worth it?

I told him that he can cheer for the Broncos, and that I'm fine with that. Then, the little f*cker said, "Okay, but I'd really like it if you'd cheer for the Broncos with me."

What would you do?
There's always the leather belt. That would make him rethink whether or not to EVER cheer for the Donks again.

Nightfyre
09-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Explain to him that the Denver Broncos are cheaters. They cheated the salary cap in order to win two Super Bowls. When the Denver Broncos play football, they also try to injure players by blowing out knees, one of the most serious injuries in football. Tell him that in a playoff game against the Chiefs one time, the Broncos cheated by covering their jerseys in a slick, vaseline-like substance in order to gain an illegal advantage. Tell him that if he wants to, he can root for the Broncos, but he'll be rooting for a dirty, lowdown, cheating, no-good team that has zero character.

Tell him the Chiefs are the epitome of NFL class and the complete opposite of the Denver Broncos.

It's his decision, but rooting for the Broncos is like rooting for the terrorists.
Easy...

Tell him that you love him and appreciate that he's thinking for his own, but he should know that the Broncos are cheaters

List what they did to the cap, against the Chiefs in the playoffs, and many other of their shady dealings. Also, tell him that their most famous player was a horrible sportsman who disgraced the game.

Tell him, that while you value his opinion, in light of those things, you'd be disappointed if he rooted for a bunch of cheaters. Then hand him a piece of merchandise for an NFC team and see what he thinks.

:hmmm:

Radar Chief
09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow Donger. :eek: My condolences.
He was so young too.

Donger
09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
If you're living in Colorado, he's probably being influenced by his classmates at school, who're probably 90% Bronco fans.

1) Let him root for whomever he wants. When I watched baseball, I rooted for the Royals, while my Grandfather and Father were huge Cardinal fans. The Royals were founded when I was 10, so it was easier to get into them than have to deal with all the Cardinal traditions and stuff.

2) Explain to him that if he can have a favorite team, you're allowed to have one to, so you'll continue rooting for the Chiefs. (Then invest in two seperate TVs - preferably as far apart in the house as physically possible.)

That's about as close to what I'm thinking at this point. However, what I'm struggling with is what HE thinks. Do I really put my desire to be a Chiefs' fan over his desire to share something with his father?

ChiefsCountry
Well at least both of you will hate the Raiders.

Sure-Oz
I would definetly disown him and say pack your bags or toys or whatever

jk

Ebolapox
09-21-2007, 02:42 PM
in all seriousness, I haven't the slightest clue as to what one could do in this situation. I was always a chiefs fan, and bonded with my pops (still do) over our fellow fandom (although I tend to be a bit more 'into' the chiefs than my dad)... my dad never forced me to be a chiefs fan, it just came naturally to me

are you sure it's your kid? is there manwhoreish mailman in the area?

Donger
09-21-2007, 02:43 PM
in all seriousness, I haven't the slightest clue as to what one could do in this situation. I was always a chiefs fan, and bonded with my pops (still do) over our fellow fandom (although I tend to be a bit more 'into' the chiefs than my dad)... my dad never forced me to be a chiefs fan, it just came naturally to me

are you sure it's your kid? is there manwhoreish mailman in the area?

I'm relatively sure that being a Chiefs' fan is not genetically predisposed. If it were, we would all be extinct.

ZepSinger
09-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm sure it's safe to assume that as much as you love the Chiefs, you love the little guy about a thousand times more. Bond with your son, proudly wearing your Elway jersey while watching the game with him. He will remember these times with his dad for the rest of his life.

Of course, feel free to spit on the jersey when he's not there. :)

Count Zarth
09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm quite serious. Tell him the Broncos cheat. See what he thinks.

CHENZ A!
tell him he can root for whoever, but that you'll always root for KC and no one else, and by the time he gets old enough, or the Broncos have a couple shitty years then he'll just root for the Chiefs along with you. When I was real little I "liked" the Giants for no real reason, that lasted about a year or two.

Donger
Well at least both of you will hate the Raiders.

Salient point. But, I'm just projecting when the Chiefs and Broncos play. I'm imagining him watching me, not wanting to cheer his team because it might upset me...

F*ck that.

Frazod
09-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Kick his ass on a daily basis until he gets over it. If that doesn't work, go with the antifreeze.

You might also consider moving out of the belly of the beast.

Donger
09-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Kick his ass on a daily basis until he gets over it. If that doesn't work, go with the antifreeze.

Not a chance. We love it here.

The Red Sea
09-21-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm remembering back when I told my father I wanted to be a Chiefs fan & not a Giants fan..

I'm 40 now & I believe I was 14 when I told my dad the bad news.

The Giants jacket I got for X mas that yr that I knew I wanted nothing to do with.
At 14 though how do u buy your own gear..its difficult.

To make matters worse just the fact I live in NY home of 3 NFL teams..if you forget the fact that the Giants & Jets actually pay Taxes in NJ!!
So hes like umm how about the Bills or the JETs even?
Naw dad sorry I need to go my own route.
At that time I told him I'd be a Fan of both.
Slowly all Giants stuff I had around got replaced with the Red & gold.

At any rate I forgot how exactly I told him but he was bummed to say the least.
Especially since the Giants were a bit better then the Chiefs at this time.

In the coming yrs though It was an adventure..I dont need to tell any of you that.

Deberg to Marcus Allen to Marty ball to Nigerian nightmare to Elvis to the 90s defense.
& oh so much more as time went on.

I'll always pull for my dads team on the NFC..for him...but here in my home & the AFC I bleed the Chiefs as does my 7 yr old son & my now learning 4 yr old son.

What will I do if they come up to me & tell me there Raider fans??

NOT UNDER MY DAMN ROOF!!!!!

...ok I'm not sure what my reaction will be but I know I'll at that time know my fathers pain!

FAX
09-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Tough situtation, Mr. Donger. Your son has to make up his own mind about which team to support. Unquestionably, you must give him this freedom as his father. Tell him it's fine for him to root for the Broncos, but you will continue to root for the Chiefs because that is the decision you made, just as he is making his decision.

Then, beat his ass and chain him in a closet for a couple of weeks.

FAX

HemiEd
09-21-2007, 02:47 PM

Thanks.

Explain to him how long and why you have been a Chiefs fan. How much you have invested.
I have a similar situation with my Grandsons and the Cowboys.

We keep it light and fun.

I explain that I have and will always be a Chiefs fan, but they can enjoy their Cowboys.

I quiz them on the Cowboys, just to make sure they are keeping up.

Frazod
09-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Not a chance. We love it here.

Yes, but at what cost?

kepp
09-21-2007, 02:48 PM
That's about as close to what I'm thinking at this point. However, what I'm struggling with is what HE thinks. Do I really put my desire to be a Chiefs' fan over his desire to share something with his father?
It is important for a child to have someone to share their goals/victories with, along with their defeats. It will go a long way towards building a confident, independent character.

Donger
09-21-2007, 02:50 PM
As if it weren't bad enough, the wife just came back from shopping, with a f*cking Broncos' ball cap and Cutler jersey for him.

She is evil.

HemiEd
09-21-2007, 02:52 PM
As if it weren't bad enough, the wife just came back from shopping, with a f*cking Broncos' ball cap and Cutler jersey for him.

She is evil.

He should fit right in with all of his buddies.

Count Zarth
09-21-2007, 02:52 PM

She is evil.

What the shit. What the ****ing shit.

TELL HIM THEY ARE CHEATERS.

If he still wants to root for them after that, so be it.

Ebolapox
09-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm relatively sure that being a Chiefs' fan is not genetically predisposed. If it were, we would all be extinct.

(heh, I was joking obviously)

I stand by my first response. antifreeze.

Third Eye
09-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Salient point. But, I'm just projecting when the Chiefs and Broncos play. I'm imagining him watching me, not wanting to cheer his team because it might upset me...

F*ck that.
Such is life. At some he's going to have to learn to have his own mind and you can't always do what Daddy wants. It's part of being a man. Better to learn those lessons young.

ChiefaRoo
09-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Tell him he can root for the Broncos, but from now on he has to tuck his weewee in and wear a pink dress.

ROFL - REP!

morphius
09-21-2007, 02:56 PM
If all the talk of them cheating fails, and most likely it will, then just try to have some fun with it. Instead of getting nervous that you are going to hurt his feelings, play up the event when the two teams play and try to turn it into something fun.

Amnorix
09-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Tell him that he can cheer for who he wants, and you will still love him.

But you will cheer for who YOU want, and hope he still loves you.

And then kneecap him and while he's rolling around in agony, tell him that THAT is what the Broncos try to do to their opponents on every play, that it's illegal, and that you hate those f**kers and would have to disown him if he rooted for them...

Jenson71
09-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Like Anthony Corleone becoming an opera singer.

Frazod
09-21-2007, 02:59 PM

BTW, I found it somewhat amusing that in his reply to the above post, the only thing Donger objected to was moving. :evil:

underEJ
09-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Take him to Arrowhead now!!!!!!

It's the only way to fix it. Get in the car now, and go to Sunday's game, Somebody around here is bound to be tailgating, call out your spots, we have to intervene.

Show him what it means to you. Then if he still wants to root for the Broncos, your evil wife can watch them with him.

Count Zarth
09-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Perfect solution. Arrowhead will cure his disease.

DTLB58
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
My kids didn't have a choice. Chiefs, period.

My 14 year old hates watching sports so that's not an issue.

The 21 year old...I knew I had him on my side when at 10 years old he was in his bedroom crying after a playoff loss. My wife was pissed that he would get so upset over a game. I told her, get use to it, it's gonna be a long ride......

Pestilence
09-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Seriously....just tell him that's fine but you're still going to root for the Chiefs.

Then if the Chiefs score a TD against the Broncos....rub it in his face.

Reaper16
09-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't see why you'd have to change teams because of him. You both could follow the league together and the bonding will come from being general fans of football.

You could easily make the differing teams aspect fun by not being very serious about it. Create an atmosphere where its nice to joke about each other's teams. Let him laugh and tease you about how the Donks are 2-0 and the Chiefs are 0-2.

It's not that bad of a situation if you two can meet each other half way.

ChiefaRoo
09-21-2007, 03:04 PM

What would you do?

You have failed as a man and a father. Get out a big knife and fall on it.

cdcox

For me, my love of the Chiefs is too ingrained for me to go against it. It would be a lie. Such as pretending to enjoy brushing my teeth with sewage.

I'm also guessing this has something to do with the fact that the Broncos are good right now and the Chiefs are bad. He's probably taking a lot of flack from the kids at his school about how bad his team is.

I'd keep my allegiance to my team, but emphasize your mutual enjoyment of football. I have a very good friend who is a Steelers fan. Through the season, we'll spend several hours discussing football in general and each others teams in particular. (We figured out today that the Steelers could easily go 13-3 this season, by going through their whole schedule game by game.) It's a little tougher when the two teams are in the same division, but I think the best course is for the two of you to be true to your hearts and follow the team of your own choosing, respect the others choice and enjoy the sport as a whole together.

Probably not a good idea to fan the flames of the rivalry between the two of you, unless that would seem normal in your overall household environment.

Donger
Would you wish the "Chiefs' Fan Experience" on anyone, even your worst enemies?

It's like being a fan of the Jamaican bobsled team.

Direckshun
A Raiders joke wouldn't be out of line. "At least we both hate the Raiders." Might clear up the air since he's obviously concerned.

My personal advice would be to humor the kid. Root for the Donks against every team but the Chiefs simply so your kid can be happy.

When he grows up and matures a little more, you can reveal that you truly despise the Donks. Then you can have yourself an old-fashioned rivalry in the family. Lots of fun that can honestly be had there.

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Perfect solution. Arrowhead will cure his disease.

I'm not sure I WANT him to be a Chiefs' fan.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-21-2007, 03:06 PM
It's waaay, waaaay more fun as your kids get older to have them cheering for another team - I have one at 15 that cheers for Buffalo and one at 19 who cheers for Miami (we are ALL 0-2 - LOL) ... it spurs LOTS of competition, practical jokes - and I think FAR more bonding that if we all cheered for the same team.......

beer bacon
09-21-2007, 03:07 PM

That is a whole other problem. If you don't want your son to enter the fold, it sounds like you are having a crisis of faith yourself.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Son, I brought you into this world and I can take you out. LMAO

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
That is a whole other problem. If you don't want your son to enter the fold, it sounds like you are having a crisis of faith yourself.

Indeed. I think that is part of it. I've lived here for 10 years now. It's infectious.

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Son, I brought you into this world and I can take you out. LMAO

"And I can make another one that looks just like you."

Yes, that's been said to him before. Of course, he looked confused and said, "I don't think that you and Mommy could make another baby that looks exactly like me" and walked away.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Of course, he looked confused and said, "I don't think that you and Mommy could make another baby that looks exactly like me" and walked away.
What a dumbass.

Planetman
09-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Indeed. I think that is part of it. I've lived here for 10 years now. It's infectious.
Decide. Now. Either suck it up or take your ass over to Taco's site. We can't have this right before the home opener. :shake:

:p

Mile High Mania
09-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I live in Dallas and I hate the Cowboys... my oldest is 6 and I am sure that at some point soon, I'm going to have a similar experience.

Growing up, I was very close with my dad... however, I liked cheering for the teams that he didn't like. I wouldn't worry about it, plus you have to consider geography here... how can he have a connection to your team when you don't live in KC?

Let him be... he's come to the good side. Plus, shouldn't one of you enjoy a full season?

Amnorix
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Would you wish the "Chiefs' Fan Experience" on anyone, even your worst enemies?

It's like being a fan of the Jamaican bobsled team.

As a long-suffering fan, it makes the ultimate ride at the top all the sweeter when you get there. (ignoring the fact that my father rooted for the Red Sox for 70 years and the Pats for 40, and never saw them win a damn thing as he got alzheimers in around 1999.)

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I live in Dallas and I hate the Cowboys... my oldest is 6 and I am sure that at some point soon, I'm going to have a similar experience.

Growing up, I was very close with my dad... however, I liked cheering for the teams that he didn't like. I wouldn't worry about it, plus you have to consider geography here... how can he have a connection to your team when you don't live in KC?

Let him be... he's come to the good side. Plus, shouldn't one of you enjoy a full season?

Eh. I suddenly know what Jesus felt like in the f*cking desert and that naughty snake showed up...

talastan
09-21-2007, 03:16 PM

And then kneecap him and while he's rolling around in agony, tell him that THAT is what the Broncos try to do to their opponents on every play, that it's illegal, and that you hate those f**kers and would have to disown him if he rooted for them...

ROFL - REP!!

Seriously, let the kid root for who he wants. You root for who you want and show him some healthy competition. Chiefs/Donks days will be fun for each of you. Plus it is a great way to teach him that just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you can't hang out and have fun!!

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
As a long-suffering fan, it makes the ultimate ride at the top all the sweeter when you get there. (ignoring the fact that my father rooted for the Red Sox for 70 years and the Pats for 40, and never saw them win a damn thing as he got alzheimers in around 1999.)

That's another part of it. If I had some, any, hope that this franchise had a strategic plan to win the Super Bowl, I would not be having this 'crisis.'

Unfortunately, I do not.

beer bacon
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Somebody needs to put together a compiliation video of Denver O-linemen knee dives.

DaFace
09-21-2007, 03:20 PM
I willingly married a Bronco fan a couple months back. Being fans of rival teams is kinda fun. I know he's young, but I'd imagine that he'll get over the "root for the broncos with me" phase soon enough and start having fun with the fact that he likes something of his own.

Simplex3
09-21-2007, 03:21 PM

Thanks.
I'd be rooting for two teams. Period.

Count Zarth
09-21-2007, 03:22 PM
I willingly married a Bronco fan a couple months back. Being fans of rival teams is kinda fun. I know he's young, but I'd imagine that he'll get over the "root for the broncos with me" phase soon enough and start having fun with the fact that he likes something of his own.

You're gay?

cdcox
09-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I'd be rooting for two teams. Period.

Yep. Chiefs and whoever was playing the Donks.

DaFace
09-21-2007, 03:23 PM
You're gay?

"He" = Donger's son. And no.

However, you're correct that I screwed up my pronoun association pretty bad there.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Just don't go bonkers if Denver wins a playoff game before KC does... let him enjoy it and buy him the gear.

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2007, 03:27 PM
"And I can make another one that looks just like you."

Yes, that's been said to him before. Of course, he looked confused and said, "I don't think that you and Mommy could make another baby that looks exactly like me" and walked away.

LMAO Well that's sure a buzz kill.

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Just don't go bonkers if Denver wins a playoff game before KC does... let him enjoy it and buy him the gear.

Die.

Simplex3
09-21-2007, 03:34 PM
I need to fire back up that random team picker...

Otter
09-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Make lemonade

Twice a year you have an opportunity to spend time with your son with a mutual interest that is as care free and inconsequential as can be and you get to quietly teach him about sportsmanship.

It could have been the Raiders. :shrug:

Braincase
09-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Tell him Chris Crocker is a Broncos fan.

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Okay, this is getting out of hand. My wife not only bought the gear for our son, but she bought a f*cking Broncos bra for herself.

I feel like General McAuliffe at Bastogne.

DaFace
09-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Okay, this is getting out of hand. My wife not only bought the gear for our son, but she bought a f*cking Broncos bra for herself.

That's just mean.

Amnorix
09-21-2007, 03:44 PM
That's another part of it. If I had some, any, hope that this franchise had a strategic plan to win the Super Bowl, I would not be having this 'crisis.'

Unfortunately, I do not.

Well, I mean, King Carl has to die sooner or later right, so there is hope.

Red Sox had to wait for the Yawkeys to die, and then the stupid Haywood Sullivan era to end, before they could find the promised land... At least you don't (presumably) have genetically incompetent ownership...

Frazod
09-21-2007, 03:45 PM

McAuliffe actually won.

I think you're more like Custer at the Little Bighorn.

Otter

haha, dork

RedDread
If it weren't a division rival I could see no problem in rooting for his team as well as the Chiefs, but their fortunes are just too intertwined to make that possible.

At best you can share a deep-seeded hatred for the Raiders.

Pestilence
09-21-2007, 03:46 PM

The kid is young and naive. The wife on the other hand should know better. It's time to ditch her.

JuicesFlowing
09-21-2007, 03:47 PM
OUCH.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
...she bought a f*cking Broncos bra for herself....

VERY hot... nice!

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
McAuliffe actually won.

I think you're more like Custer at the Little Bighorn.

I picked that analogy for a reason.

Frazod
09-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I picked that analogy for a reason.

I picked mine for a reason, too.

I'm sure Kevin can hook you up with contact info for a dealership in the Denver area when it comes time to get your Bronco-orange Beemer.

:fire:

Donger
09-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Okay, I apparently married Satan. I'm about to knock off work and go and mow the yard. I went up to our bedroom to get my old Chiefs cap out of the closet, and guess what's missing, only to be replaced with new Broncos cap...

I must admit, it's kind of turning me on.

Amnorix
09-21-2007, 03:52 PM

Easy fix. Rip it off her (breaking it forever in the process) and then jump her bones in wild ecstasy. Tell her that wearing a Broncos bra is an invitation to rip it off her, and the subsequent consequences are obvious, being a hot blooded male and all.

As a married woman with children, she'll inevitably revert to dowdy attire to ensure that you return to pathetically begging for weekly rendezvous.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-21-2007, 03:53 PM

What would you do?

Sorry to hear that.

That's the same as being gay. I feel sorry for you.

cookster50
09-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I vote we ban Donger. He obviously isn't a real Chiefs fan if he is even considering switching sides to the donkeys.

stumppy
09-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Okay, I apparently married Satan. I'm about to knock off work and go and mow the yard. I went up to our bedroom to get my old Chiefs cap out of the closet, and guess what's missing, only to be replaced with new Broncos cap...

Pussy

Donger
09-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Easy fix. Rip it off her (breaking it forever in the process) and then jump her bones in wild ecstasy. Tell her that wearing a Broncos bra is an invitation to rip it off her, and the subsequent consequences are obvious, being a hot blooded male and all.

As a married woman with children, she'll inevitably revert to dowdy attire to ensure that you return to pathetically begging for weekly rendezvous.

That may have been her nefarious plan all along...

/fingers crossed

Donger
09-21-2007, 04:02 PM
I vote we ban Donger. He obviously isn't a real Chiefs fan if he is even considering switching sides to the donkeys.

I'm more a fan of my son than of the Chiefs, that much is true.

Count Zarth
09-21-2007, 04:02 PM

Satan is pretty hot, huh?

Extra Point
09-21-2007, 04:05 PM
You're screwed, Donger, in more ways than one. It's up to you to sort out the good screwing (bootleg panty strip) from the bad screwing (bootleg, panty waist), but

YOU'RE SCREWED!!!!

cookster50
I'm more a fan of my son than of the Chiefs, that much is true.

What makes you think you can't be a Chiefs fan and him a brownco fan? I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Cochise
He probably hangs around other kids who were contaminated by Donkey fandom from their own parents. So I'll bet that he just wants to fit in with them by converting.

You should let him know that he doesn't have to like the same teams as his friends do and teach him to appreciate the sport as a whole.

Donger
09-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Satan is pretty hot, huh?

It works for me. Her evil streak isn't exercised very often, and she's usually very sweet, but this is obviously very important to her, or she wouldn't be doing it.

Anyway, I'm off to mow the yard wearing my new Broncos cap. If I'm lucky, the neighbors' dog shat in the grass again and I can roll around head first in it.

cookster50
He probably hangs around other kids who were contaminated by Donkey fandom from their own parents. So I'll bet that he just wants to fit in with them by converting.

You should let him know that he doesn't have to like the same teams as his friends do and teach him to appreciate the sport as a whole.

The kid should definitely be a bronco fan, he's just rooting for the local team. Nothing wrong with that.

Donger
What makes you think you can't be a Chiefs fan and him a brownco fan? I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I can do that. But my son is asking me to join him as a Broncos' fan.

I thought I made that clear.

Iowanian
09-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Why oh why couldn't he have confessed something acceptable.....like "daddy, I'm gonna be a transvestite".

At least you could admit that to people you know.

cookster50
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM

Yes, but certainly the kid will survive if you say you'll watch with him and cheer on when they play anyone but the Chiefs, but you are still a Chiefs fan first.

Cochise
09-21-2007, 04:09 PM

"by now you must know that your father can never be turned from the Dark Side. So will it be with you."

Count Zarth
09-21-2007, 04:09 PM
If you had raised your kids proper in Kansas City this wouldnay happened.

Son of Logical
09-21-2007, 04:12 PM
When I was a kid I didn't "really" root for anyone, I just wanted to wear the clothes everyone else was wearing, and I am guessing he feels about the same. For me, it was the 49'ers, and even a Raiders hat for about a month. My dad being Dr. Doom, I am sure you guys can guess how well that went over. On Sunday's I would sometimes sit down, and watch part of the game with my Dad. That was the special thing, not what team was playing. So...watch the game with your son, and let him root for the Broncos, and you can root for whoever is playing them, but just be quiet about it. Basically don't start dropping F'bombs when the donks score, and he will have a good time no matter what. Then as he gets older show him the red and gold light.

Nightfyre
09-21-2007, 04:14 PM
If it were me, I'd tell him to save himself and root for a team who wins a championship every once in a while. I'm too far gone.... *last breath*

Iowanian
09-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Bring him to KC for the Chiefs-Donks at Arrowhead.

Point out what dickbags the Bronco fans are....

Kids switch alliances more than people on Survivor. Whomever wins, sells alot of size small jerseys every year.

Definitely pile on the greased jersey, salary cap violations, player arrests(avoid the conversation on KC)......and if it doesn't work......I love the Chop block during Cartoons and Chris Crocker is a Bronco fan options.

"LEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeave Jay Cuutler ALooooooooOOOOOOOOONE!"

Kaylore
09-21-2007, 04:31 PM

What would you do?
My Nephew who I'm close to likes to root for the Jaguars and the Panthers. He's 5 1/2. He lived in Florida for awhile, so I understand where he's coming from. Just humor him and he'll appreciate you as a Dad, which is more important. It's more important you build a realtionship where he can trust you than one where you jam a red jersey down his throat. The upside is that there's a good chance he'll outgrow his desire to follow his friends' team and his respect for you will turn him back around.

That's my "real" answer

My smack answer is answer is that asking any child to root for the sorry organization that is the Chiefs is a form of child abuse and all Chief games should have that litle icon of TV-MA in the corner because watching them play is a regular slaughter.

BA-ZING!

Oh, and it sounds like your kid is a pretty smart, cool guy. ;D

Extra Point
09-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Son, when two people love each other,...... Vaseline helps.........

Son, when two coaches hate each other,........
Vaseline helps.........

Mr. Flopnuts
09-21-2007, 04:39 PM

Thanks.

Like, you're seriously considering becoming a Broncos fan? Like, seriously, seriously? I guess my question is this, if you're fed up with the Chiefs and their mediocre run to the 15th pick in the draft year after year ok, but how are you going to switch your alliegences to the Broncos? Is it because you have some kind of tie to "the cleanest dump in America" or something? I just don't understand how you go from rooting for the Chiefs, to rooting for a bitter rival of the Chiefs. How much of a Chiefs fan have you really been?

Fruit Ninja
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Let him cheer for who he wants. If you like the Chiefs, stay a Chiefs fan. He's young right now. When he's older he will understand what the rivalry is all about. Game day at your house Broncos/CHiefs will be a very very fun thing and no matter what the outcome of the game is, someone is going to be happy.

There is no reason for any of this to get out of hand.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Stay a chiefs fan, let him root for whoever, chiefs>son haha

beer bacon
09-21-2007, 04:42 PM

Your wife's boobs are taboo.

beer bacon
09-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Why oh why couldn't he have confessed something acceptable.....like "daddy, I'm gonna be a transvestite".

At least you could admit that to people you know.

Broncos fandom is the gateway to sexual deviancy.

trndobrd
09-21-2007, 04:57 PM
That may have been her nefarious plan all along...

/fingers crossed

Or she is planning to take out your knees.

CrazyHorse
09-21-2007, 05:12 PM
My Nephew who I'm close to likes to root for the Jaguars and the Panthers. He's 5 1/2. He lived in Florida for awhile, so I understand where he's coming from. Just humor him and he'll appreciate you as a Dad, which is more important. It's more important you build a realtionship where he can trust you than one where you jam a red jersey down his throat. The upside is that there's a good chance he'll outgrow his desire to follow his friends' team and his respect for you will turn him back around.

That's my "real" answer

My smack answer is answer is that asking any child to root for the sorry organization that is the Chiefs is a form of child abuse and all Chief games should have that litle icon of TV-MA in the corner because watching them play is a regular slaughter.

BA-ZING!

Oh, and it sounds like your kid is a pretty smart, cool guy. ;D

Wow!

The way you trash this board and all the posters on it over on the orange mane, I have to say I'm surprized to see you here. You're either a hypocrite, or to much a pussy to talk the same shit here.

What gives?

beer bacon
09-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow!

The way you trash this board and all the posters on it over on the orange mane, I have to say I'm surprized to see you here. You're either a hypocrite, or to much a pussy to talk the same shit here.

What gives?

We all reserve the right to be dicks on our home territory.

KCChiefsMan
09-21-2007, 05:13 PM
well it's probably good for the mental health of your son. It is quite depressing being a Chiefs fan

ChiefaRoo
09-21-2007, 05:46 PM

You married an underage male Bronco fan?

Onion_Knight
09-21-2007, 05:47 PM

What would you do?

I'd say that right now, your kid most likely is seeing all the kids in school talking about the broncos. There is a lot of excitement about the team and he wants to be part of it. Its better for him to fit in right now, you don't want him to turn into gochiefs do you?

Later on in life, he'll want to show himself to be different and thats when you can turn him to the dark side.

I'm from Colorado and love my broncos, but I'm the only Nebraska fan in the family. My Mother and Father are very dissappointed in me, but fuc the buffs. You don't have to convert, but we'll welcome you if you.

Mr. Plow
09-21-2007, 05:56 PM

What would you do?

I had a similar incident with my, then 7 years old, boy about him "supposedly" liking KState. Considering his room has KU pillows, sheets, blankets, curtains, stuff from games, and is painted KU colors, I was a tad bit shocked. UNTIL........

I've been the only one in my family to go the right direction when choosing a college to root for. My mom/dad don't really care, but my brother & sister are both KState "fans". I guess you could call them that. But, my sister's daughters put it in my boys mind that it would be "funny" to trick me into thinking he liked KSU. It only took some pictures of KSU students, a swift beating with my Jayhawk shaped paddle, and then 36 hours straight of KU video's before he learned the error of his ways.

Logical
09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Truthfully I would tell my son that daddy will support him and love him no matter who he cheers for but that daddy will continue to cheer for the Chiefs. Then I would give him a hug and beat his ass. J/K

KCChiefsMan
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
You married an underage male Bronco fan?

HypnotizedMonkey
09-21-2007, 06:11 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha it's ok a lot of other people have gay sons too.

Ari Chi3fs
09-21-2007, 06:44 PM
hahah. Donger is gonna become a Donko fan.

unlurking
09-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Wow, huge post. I'll go back and read after I reply! :)

Same thing happened to me, a major issue living in Denver.

My son came home from elementary school and one of the idiot "Three Amigos" had been to his school handing out posters and doing some really retarded neighborhood outreach thing.

Anyways, I said no problem. You can root for whoever you like, but I told him I'm not changing, I bleed red!!!

Now, my father and brother and I have made it a tradition to travel back to KC every year or two to catch the Donx/Chiefs at Arrowhead (my Dad converted to Donx fandom). We took my son in his little John Elway Jersey and had a great time. My son and Dad got a lot of light ribbing, but they both felt completely safe and had a great time.

A few years later, we all went to my son's first Donx game. I was really worried, but I figured with him wearing a Kevlar Elway, we'd be fine. Well, this was right after Incestco opened up, and ALL the season ticket holders were pissed off about there seats being moved. It used to be that at Pile High, you could sit anywhere outside of the south stands, and the crowd was actually pretty polite. Not anymore. He said he was so afraid for me the entire time, he never wanted to go back (we left at halftime). He never wore his Elway jersey again, and proudly wore his #58 for years after (speaking of which, time to get him something new that fits this season).

Imagine sitting in "enemy" territory proudly wearing your colors, but holding your 8 year old in your arms wearing "friendly" colors. I figured the Donx fans would be polite, boy was I way off base. I have never heard so many threats or insults in my life. I have never been back again.

digi2fish
09-21-2007, 07:19 PM
move to somewhere without football

beach tribe
09-21-2007, 07:26 PM
You have to teach your son that you cannot root for The Broncos, because the chiefs are your team.

You don't want to set an example of disloyalty.

Rain Man
09-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Has anyone called social services yet?

Donger, if you tolerate this behavior now, 30 years from now you're going to be old and decrepit, and instead of putting you in a good assisted living facility, your son is just going to chop block you in your walker.

scott free
09-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Put him down gently...

morphius
09-21-2007, 07:40 PM
hahah. Donger is gonna become a Donko fan.
No, actually he is going to teach his son to be a bandwagon fan, well, and bad hygiene, but that is barely related.

jidar
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Not a chance of that shit. I'd tell my kids "Uh, no. not allowed. Not while you're under my roof."

kcfanXIII
09-21-2007, 07:57 PM
i'd probably tell him he could root for whoever he wanted, but i was staying true to my roots. the wife should know better, and i'd explain to her that you were going another route. then politely ask her "WHERE'S MY ****ING HAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??"

alanm
09-21-2007, 08:47 PM

She is evil.
I swear the first thought that popped into my head was that the wife had something to do with it. ROFL
Roll with it. How long could it last. Then I'd consider putting out a bowl of antifreeze for the wife. :D

Ultra Peanut
09-21-2007, 08:48 PM

What would you do?Kill him, then yourself.

Coach
09-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Has anyone called social services yet?

Donger, if you tolerate this behavior now, 30 years from now you're going to be old and decrepit, and instead of putting you in a good assisted living facility, your son is just going to chop block you in your walker.

I agree as well. You better make sure you know this.

RodInCanton
09-21-2007, 09:10 PM

Did a Patriot fan really just call out another team for cheating???:hmmm:

That's like OJ trying to condemn Scott Peterson for the way he treats women...:shake:

stevieray
09-21-2007, 09:56 PM
bye, donger, we hardly knew thee...

Ari Chi3fs
09-21-2007, 10:00 PM
If my dad was wishy-washy with me on team allegiance, it would almost show a lack of integrity. It will not appear as a sacrifice to your son. It is the continuation of the pussification of the modern male.

I can only imagine how wishy-washy the kid might be in his future relationships and decisions. Peer pressure might work a little better.

Personally, If he became a Donko, I would actually relish the jokes and future antagonisms on both sides. We only have one present moment, so make the most of it, and control only what you can control.

Shit, who cares, why not agree to both become... Rockies; Nuggets -or Avalanche, fans?

And please don't forget to wash your legs. Teach him that.

InChiefsHell
09-21-2007, 10:01 PM

Thanks.

Note my username. I am InChiefsHell, for my wife has stolen my son from me and turned him into a damned Donkey fan. It does suck, because my daughter doesn't give 2 shits about football so every Sunday my wife and my turncoat mama's boy son root against my Chiefs. Add to that the fact that we have sucked his entire life, never won anything. His earliest memories are of the Donks back to back SB's. I can't fight that.

Love your son. Football is just a game.

...but no, you can not root for the Donks. Show your son that you are commited, even to a team that breaks your heart year in and year out...

...I feel your pain.

FAX
09-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Has anyone suggested tiny little six-year-old nuthooks, yet?

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
09-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Has anyone suggested tiny little six-year-old nuthooks, yet?

FAX

Oh damn, Mr. Fax. That shit was hilarious.

FAX
09-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh damn, Mr. Fax. That shit was hilarious.

Just a thought. Sometimes, you have to nip these things in the buds.

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
09-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Note my username. I am InChiefsHell, for my wife has stolen my son from me and turned him into a damned Donkey fan. It does suck, because my daughter doesn't give 2 shits about football so every Sunday my wife and my turncoat mama's boy son root against my Chiefs. Add to that the fact that we have sucked his entire life, never won anything. His earliest memories are of the Donks back to back SB's. I can't fight that.

Love your son. Football is just a game.

...but no, you can not root for the Donks. Show your son that you are commited, even to a team that breaks your heart year in and year out...

...I feel your pain.

Wow, InChi3fsHell. I feel your pain, more so than Fax's joke was funny.

chris_benoit
09-21-2007, 10:56 PM
I surely know what I would do in your situation, eh?

chris_benoit
09-21-2007, 10:56 PM
TRIPLE SUPLEX FTW

Smed1065
09-21-2007, 11:18 PM
The kid I can understand, the wife needs replaced.

I guess we see who wears the pants here. (more ways than one)

Its not the son either.........

:)

lostknight
09-21-2007, 11:40 PM

What would you do?

You can continue to pretend that Brodie has a actual NFL future ahead of him that might someday match that of the illustrious Brian Griese.... -or-

You can give in, and root for a team that actually gets disgusted with itself for not winning the superbowl. A team that traded Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey and is in the playoffs far more then not...

Seriously, why would you want your kid to be a chiefs fan? Talk about setting him up for a lifetime of pain and suffering.

RustShack
09-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Now you guys can watch the Chiefs Broncos game together in Denver, and he can rub it in your face on the ride home that we can't beat them in Denver. Until this year of course... ITS GOING DOWN!!!

ClevelandBronco
09-21-2007, 11:57 PM

Thanks.

I think you could have a really good time with this, Donger.

Ask him who his favorite Bronco is (Since he's six you might have to help him pick one.), and get him a jersey that he can wear when he watches the two big games this year. Not an authentic, of course, but any name he comes up with will probably be available in a knockoff version at Wal-Mart.

Make some friendly bets. If the Broncos lose, he has to eat a double helping of vegetables. Or he has to help you clean the garage. Something that you can use as a teaching moment in some way. If the Chiefs lose, you have to take him to a movie on Saturday. Something you can do together. You know you're his hero. He'll look at it likes he's really won something great.

I really think you can have as much fun over the years with this as you want to have. And having read your stuff for a while here, I'm sure that you and he will survive the rivalry well into your old age. He's lucky to have a guy such as you for his dad.

SNR
09-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Donger:

I think it'd be bad parenting to be a Donk fan just to please your son. Seriously. You kid has to know about loyalties and respecting those loyalties, and this is a perfect example. You live in Colorado and now (apparently) your entire household has turned Bronco on you. You've got to remain true with your Chiefs gear.

The kid is 6 for crying out loud. It's not like you're going to talk football smack with him or anything. Just tell him that you love the Chiefs too much to become a Donk fan.

If you want to spread that love bullshit all over it, say something like, "I've loved the Chiefs for 10 years and I can't love any other team. That would be like me loving any other woman but mommy." But for God's sake, kids have to learn life isn't all cotton candy and chocolate taffy, ESPECIALLY in the family.

You guys will have plenty of time to bond. It's still football, isn't it? Enjoy teaching him the game and watching games on Sundays. Chiefs/Broncos games will be excellent opportunities to teach him sportsmanship. Be a good winner/loser no matter the outcome and show him the right way to be a fan of the game.

More good can come from you NOT being a Donk fan.

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Donger:

I think it'd be bad parenting to be a Donk fan just to please your son. Seriously. You kid has to know about loyalties and respecting those loyalties, and this is a perfect example. You live in Colorado and now (apparently) your entire household has turned Bronco on you. You've got to remain true with your Chiefs gear.

The kid is 6 for crying out loud. It's not like you're going to talk football smack with him or anything. Just tell him that you love the Chiefs too much to become a Donk fan.

If you want to spread that love bullshit all over it, say something like, "I've loved the Chiefs for 10 years and I can't love any other team. That would be like me loving any other woman but mommy." But for God's sake, kids have to learn life isn't all cotton candy and chocolate taffy, ESPECIALLY in the family.

You guys will have plenty of time to bond. It's still football, isn't it? Enjoy teaching him the game and watching games on Sundays. Chiefs/Broncos games will be excellent opportunities to teach him sportsmanship. Be a good winner/loser no matter the outcome and show him the right way to be a fan of the game.

More good can come from you NOT being a Donk fan.

I couldn't agree more. Loyalty is an important character trait to instill in your son. Your loyalty to the Chiefs should not waiver. I'm sure he'll understand, respect and take his own cues from your example as he gets older.

Thig Lyfe
09-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Screw him; you were here first.

Taco John
09-22-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm just sayin'... With Cutler coming on board, and your son getting in on the ground floor... At some point when you're watching games with him, you're going to recognize a higher quality product on the field and have no choice. Why delay the inevitable. ;)

Seriously though, I can only imagine what a dilemma that would be. I loved watching games with my Dad and rooting right along side him. But that said, a good father can turn this situation into win/win no matter what you do. You're son just wants to be close to you. Do whatever will grant him that, whether it's one way or the other. :)

Smed1065
09-22-2007, 02:02 AM
My family was not a football family when I got addicted.
My family was a baseball family and I went against the grain with baseball. (Royals VS Cardinals)

When I got older, it made me realize that my family is more than fans of a certain team.
Family is a lifelong connection that sports can never interfere with.
I had the best times and lessons in life with understanding you might not agree on everything but you accept each other no matter what.

At a certain point, I feel it made me and my family stronger (bonding wise) because life is not always agreeing and accepting the status quo but willing to accept and respecting the different views. Just like life.
I am not always right but today it makes for a great bonding experience after 30 years.

Smack talk is great just like the learning experience.

If your child feels like they need to mimic you or you mimic them, that is a sign of bad communication. IMHO.

blueballs
09-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Jeffery Dahmer's father felt better
after opening this thread

Cntrygal
09-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Donger tell him that it's okay for him to love the donks... but that it's also okay for you to love the Chiefs (there's plenty of time to give him hell about it when he's older).

Bwana
09-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Umm, it's time to go out for some ice cream and never come back.

runnercyclist
09-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Tell him you'll love him all his life no matter what poor decisions he makes.

Tell him you'll cheer for the Broncos on occasion. Those occasions when a Bronco win helps the Chiefs.

Buy him Chiefs gear at Christmas.

Rocky Mtn Stampede
09-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Donger, go with your heart here. I am a diehard Denver Broncos fan through and through, but I'd work for the Kansas City Chiefs in a heartbeat and do whatever it takes to beat Bowlen's team if given the chance. I think everybody here can admit they fell in love with the NFL/football as a game before they affiliated with a team.

David.
09-22-2007, 11:02 AM
My kids didn't have a choice. Chiefs, period.

My 14 year old hates watching sports so that's not an issue.

The 21 year old...I knew I had him on my side when at 10 years old he was in his bedroom crying after a playoff loss. My wife was pissed that he would get so upset over a game. I told her, get use to it, it's gonna be a long ride......

Jan. 7, 1996 - AFC Divisional - Indianapolis 10, Kansas City 7

I was 10, and I was balling like I lost a family member.

SNR
09-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Donger, go with your heart here. I am a diehard Denver Broncos fan through and through, but I'd work for the Kansas City Chiefs in a heartbeat and do whatever it takes to beat Bowlen's team if given the chance. I think everybody here can admit they fell in love with the NFL/football as a game before they affiliated with a team.If you can parrot back football philosophies about "playing conservative" and "being a good sportsman", I'm pretty sure Herm would be able to find an opening for you on his staff...

HypnotizedMonkey
09-22-2007, 11:25 AM

nice.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Thanks.

He's a little kid he want's to share something with you that you both enjoy, hell I remember going to all the assorted kids movies with my dad and know now that he probably hated it. he still had a smile while going to the glorified 2 hour long toy commercial so sit back have a good time with your kid. Once he gets old enough tell him how we really feel about those horse humping sons of bitches.

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2007, 12:19 PM
What are the signs of early homosexuality?

cookster50
09-22-2007, 12:39 PM
What are the signs of early homosexuality?
Thinking GoChiefs is a cool dude.

Thig Lyfe
09-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Jan. 7, 1996 - AFC Divisional - Indianapolis 10, Kansas City 7

I was 10, and I was balling like I lost a family member.

Holy crap, a David. sighting!

boogblaster
09-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Two words...rope..tree.....

David.
09-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Holy crap, a David. sighting!

Yeah I lurk occasionally. Just too damn busy to post like I used to.

88TG88
09-22-2007, 01:57 PM
ROFL

Joie
09-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I'll admit that I have not read this entire thread, but this seems like a good time to teach individuality. Let him be a Broncos fan, but help him to understand you're still a Chiefs fan. His space in the house (his bedroom) can have memoriabilia from HIS team while you still have your Chiefs stuff around. Just because you're father and son doesn't mean you can't have different likes and dislikes.....at least the little guy's a football fan!