PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Kyle - broken function

Phobia
05-29-2001, 11:12 PM
Kyle,

The notification of edit function is now broken. This will surely create some potential problems for future "discussions".

Just wanted to let you know.

Test Edit - there should be a message at the bottom of this indicating the topic has been edited.

Phobia
05-29-2001, 11:13 PM
test response

Test edit - there should be a line indicating that I've edited this response.

Test of edit by Kyle...

2nd Test of edit by Phil

AustinChief
05-29-2001, 11:40 PM
Actually... it's working... but there is a time frame that you can edit within and not have it say "editted by..." this is so that you can correct typos...

Any suggestions for what this default time delay should be?

--Kyle

P.S. Go back and edit your post now and see if it says something.

Phobia
05-29-2001, 11:47 PM
OHHHHH! That's VERY cool! I like that MUCH better!

I think 1-2 minutes should suffice.

What is it set to now?

AustinChief
05-30-2001, 12:00 AM
2 minutes.

I figured that 2 minutes is plenty of time to reread a long post and make any corrections...

--Kyle

Phobia
05-30-2001, 12:14 AM
so,.... can a moderator edit someone's post within the 2 minute window? :D :) :o :p :rolleyes: :cool:

AustinChief
05-30-2001, 12:15 AM
If I WAS gay... my ex-wife would probably want me back even more... (inside joke)

--Kyle

Phobia
05-30-2001, 12:17 AM
Damn, Kyle - I suspected you were, but was a public announcement really necessary?

Logical
05-30-2001, 12:20 AM
OK Austin,

Is that a very happy man or have you been fibbing about those Spanish senoritas. Or perhaps this explains why your Spanish Senoritas have no hair in their pitts. This may be best left alone.

I'm gay, too Kyle. May I fly to meet with you sometime?

Phobia
05-30-2001, 12:21 AM
Jim, I just think he wants to get his load on in a chat room with one of us. He's been acting strange lately. I'm guessing it's just an experimental phase.

Logical
05-30-2001, 12:23 AM
Well ok if it is a phase,

But now that whole buddy button down below has me worried.

Kyle, please PM your phone # with me, I have a chubby right now.

Rausch
05-30-2001, 12:23 AM
As a former "other boarder" this clown was NOT one of ours...:D

Trolls get thick in times of little news...:rolleyes:

AustinChief
05-30-2001, 12:25 AM
Very funny guys...

OK so it looks like a moderator can change the post within two minutes and not get caught... hmmm ok I'll look into hacking that section of code.

(right after I go edit that post)

--Kyle

Phobia
05-30-2001, 12:28 AM
LOL - at least I was having fun w/ it. I don't think anyone else was, though.

...but seriously... This is my last post tonight... I have to go soon and put on my g/fs underwear.

Logical
05-30-2001, 12:31 AM
Kyle

I feel better about that buddy button now, maybe someday I will find out what is for, but for now I am still a little spooked (just kidding, but maybe you want your ex back)

Phobia
05-30-2001, 12:32 AM
Kyle,

you've seen me and should know I couldn't fit into my g/f's underwear - luckily, I saved some of my ex-wife's for nights such as this.

AustinChief
05-30-2001, 12:33 AM
The "inside" joke about my ex... has to do with her previous relationship (after she and I broke up) with a person who is probably straight but we all have our doubts....

--Kyle

AustinChief
05-30-2001, 12:36 AM
Kphobia,

True.

btw... I've stayed clear of any serious entanglements in Austin and I'm back to my shallow (and safer) ways.

--Kyle

(P.S. I had a fleeting chance (that I screwed up) at another one of those "once every 5 years" situations we talked about!)

Phobia
05-30-2001, 12:41 AM
Glad to hear you escaped unscathed.

Sorry to hear about the missed opportunity. I don't know if you caught it on another thread, but I just broke it off w/ my longtime g/f....

AustinChief
05-30-2001, 12:49 AM
Sorry to hear that...

Well let me welcome you back into the ranks of single men.

My most recent experience along that front...
I postponed my trip back to Spain so that I could go to a Luau party. (This was the 5th annual one!) Myself and a friend hold one every year... this year we had it in Port Aransas, TX. Well, I was one of three single guys the rest were there with their g/fs. It sucks when everyone seems to be getting old but me!

Well, the one redeeming part of the trip was the last night. A group of recently graduated (from high school!) youths were having a toga party... three doors down from our party.

Being the last single guy that was still awake at 3:00 am... when they ran out of booze they (they being 6 girls) came and abducted me. I realize that they were simply using me... but hey! nothing wrong with that!

--Kyle

Phobia
05-30-2001, 12:57 AM
Hey, I was sorry, too. But, better to be in the ranks.... than to be married.

Sounds like a cool kiddy party. So, Mark Chmura, when is the trial? :D

AustinChief
05-30-2001, 01:05 AM
HEY!! Easy with the Chmura references... they were ALL over 18... and the ones that I met were actually 20 ... Yeah I know... I still felt a little sleazy.

BUT I do have to agree with you on the married part, it will be a LOOONG time before I get caught again.

--Kyle

kcfanintitanhell
05-30-2001, 09:45 PM
Hey Kyle-Port Aransas, eh? I've spent a week or so in the area fishing every year for the past five years doing bayfishing two days and offshore two days (one day on a private charter and the other on what they call "the party boat"-I have no idea why they call it that because at 5:45 AM the boat leaves Port Aransas harbor, and by 6:15 half the 50 or so people (most of them hungover) are puking their guts out before the boat is halfway out that long jetty.
Is that cajun restaurant in Port Aransas still around? The one that doesn't have plates or silverware, just dumps the food on the table?

AustinChief
05-30-2001, 10:43 PM
Are you talking about the "Boiling Pot"? If so than yes, it is still there. I've done some fishing there myself... but I've never been on the "Party Boat."

Port A was definetely a change of pace from the Mediterranean!!

--Kyle

kcfanintitanhell
05-30-2001, 11:17 PM
Kyle-
The Boiling Pot doesn't ring the proverbial bell. But I'm sure that there aren't a whole lot of places in Port A that have that format, so I'll rest assured that I will be able to get a meal dumped on my table this summer!

As to the Party Boat, consider yourself fortunate.