PDA

View Full Version : I'm watching the Lions spread it out and pass ALL OVER the Vikings...

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 08:22 PM
But you can bet you're ass we won't do anything close to it...

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 08:51 PM
They just cut away to show Hester's TD return and then the announcer of the Vikes/Lions game made a comment about how much easier it was for the Bears to score now that they're playing the Chiefs. Jayice Pearson just laughed. He knows how bad the Chiefs suck...

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I watched both of their games. Their LBs suck for a Cover 2 defense...but we won't take advantage of it. We're gonna pound Larry's dick into Casey Wiegmann's ass 40 times until Dustin Colquitt's leg falls off.

And they are going to blitz the HELL out of us. We might see Brodie, because there's a very good chance Huard gets hurt.

I'm predicting a loss.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 08:56 PM
I watched both of their games. Their LBs suck for a Cover 2 defense...but we won't take advantage of it. We're gonna pound Larry's dick into Casey Wiegmann's ass 40 times until Dustin Colquitt's leg falls off.

Henderson is faster and superior to Nap in both run support and pass coverage.

And Greenway is absolutely as good as DJ.

We have Donnie Edwards, but their tackles are infinitely better than ours are.

That being said, they run Cover 2. They're vulnerable up the seems and the Lions exploited it up to the point where Kitna got hurt. We won't be doing any of that.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 08:57 PM
This season has so far been a repeat of the 2006 season; I don't see why this won't be the same as the San Francisco game.

1st game -- Disappointing loss that was a perceived opportunity for victory.
2nd game -- Surprisingly close loss that was a perceived opportunity to get blown out.
3rd game -- Offense at home against iffy defense finally opens up and Chiefs roll big.

It's entirely possible the Chiefs open up their offense and put up some points. And the Vikings LITERALLY have ONE weapon on offense.

I'm predicting a win, even though I don't have those fancy press credentials and people don't pay to read my opinion.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 08:58 PM

That being said, they run Cover 2. They're vulnerable up the seems and the Lions exploited it up to the point where Kitna got hurt. We won't be doing any of that.

They don't run Cover 2 like they used to....there's a ton of blitzing going on. Although there was more in the Atlanta game. They played Detroit more conservatively.

I'm sure you've noticed how they don't give up anything on inside runs...and I mean ANYTHING. It's a nightmare.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I don't see why this won't be the same as the San Francisco game.

Because Minnesota has a great defense.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 08:59 PM

The Vikings' D is largely untalented, but looks a lot better than it is because they have the best DT tandemn in the NFL. Henderson looks great in run coverage compared to Nap because the Williams' brothers absorb the entire OL. Greenway doesn't have DJ's physical tools, but he does seem to have a lick of talent.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Because Minnesota has a great defense.
Minnesota has a decent defense with one of the best DT tandems in the history of the NFL.

Buehler445
09-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I agree with htismaq. I posted it in another thread. I think in order to be successful, we need to pass the ball effectively (more than a pass in the flat to Wilson). I don't think LJ can pound it against 9 man fronts anymore. He just can't do it and win games.

I honestly think Brodie with or without turnovers gives us the best chance to win the game. He is more mobile, he isn't scared to the point that he starts the throw to his checkdown before he finishes his drop, he throws the ball better, especially downfield, seems to be making better decisions, and most importantly CAN MOVE THE CHAINS.

Huard isn't playing mistake free this year. I would rather watch Croyle take sacks and throw INTs than Huard. To compound that, 4 first downs and an INT gives the defense a lot more rest than a 3 and out.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:01 PM
The Vikings' D is largely untalented

You're on crack. Dwight Smith, Darren Sharper, Antoine Winfield...i like Henderson and Greenway, and their DEs are solid.

Minnesota will have the best defense on the field Sunday.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:01 PM
They don't run Cover 2 like they used to....there's a ton of blitzing going on. Although there was more in the Atlanta game. They played Detroit more conservatively.

I'm sure you've noticed how they don't give up anything on inside runs...and I mean ANYTHING. It's a nightmare.

They don't run the Tampa 2, but they do run cover 2. Whether they're blitzing or not, the 2 safeties are always deep.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:02 PM
The Vikings' D is largely untalented, but looks a lot better than it is because they have the best DT tandemn in the NFL. Henderson looks great in run coverage compared to Nap because the Williams' brothers absorb the entire OL. Greenway doesn't have DJ's physical tools, but he does seem to have a lick of talent.

Top to bottom, their defense is more talented than ours...

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:02 PM
They don't run the Tampa 2, but they do run cover 2. Whether they're blitzing or not, the 2 safeties are always deep.

Watch the Atlanta game. They'll send the house on a blitz. They were sending safeties at times.

Their DC played on the '85 Bears....he's much more agressive. I was reminded of our gunther/herm hybrid a great deal.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Watch the Atlanta game. They'll send the house on a blitz. They were sending safeties at times.

Their DC played on the '85 Bears....he's much more agressive. I was reminded of our gunther/herm hybrid a great deal.

In the Atlanta game, they sent Sharper once. They play aggressive, but it's still Cover 2...

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:05 PM
By the way, George Foster is FAT.

ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
In the Atlanta game, they sent Sharper once. They play aggressive, but it's still Cover 2...

OK. I'm just telling you...the blitzes are gonna be coming fast and furious on Sunday. Huard's gonna get JACKED UP!

Direckshun
You're on crack. Dwight Smith, Darren Sharper, Antoine Winfield...i like Henderson and Greenway, and their DEs are solid.

It's all the DTs.

Their DEs get to the ball because they are always one-on-one, and their secondary is merely opportunistic, little more.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
OK. I'm just telling you...the blitzes are gonna be coming fast and furious on Sunday. Huard's gonna get JACKED UP!

The thing is, K&P Williams are such a load that Edwards, Udeze, and Robison are gonna get to Huard, even if they don't blitz...

It's gonna be a long day I fear...

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Top to bottom, their defense is more talented than ours...
Nuh uh?

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:07 PM
It's all the DTs.

Their DEs get to the ball because they are always one-on-one, and their secondary is merely opportunistic, little more.

I don't care. This defense destroys people. It actually scares me more than Chicago's.

htismaqe
It's all the DTs.

Darren Sharper is better than anyone in our secondary...

Count Alex's Losses
The thing is, K&P Williams are such a load that Edwards, Udeze, and Robison are gonna get to Huard, even if they don't blitz...

It's gonna be a long day I fear...

I don't wanna see Wiegmann 1-on-1 with either of those guys... :shake:

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Nuh uh?

Their talent at DT alone, given the importance of the position to the overall strength of a defense, gives them the edge. We're superior at DE, but not by much. We're superior at one OLB spot, they're superior at MLB, and the other OLB spot is a dead heat.

We have a slight edge at CB, but just barely, because we're so old. And they have Sharper.

Yep, they're better top to bottom, because strong defenses are built from the inside out. They're better at both tackle spots, MLB, and safety.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't care. This defense destroys people. It actually scares me more than Chicago's.
We negated Chicago's DL to a large extent with one- and two- step drops.

Probably will do the same against Minnesota.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:13 PM

That's great. Larry's gonna get 20 yards. And we'll complete 15 3-yard passes. WOOHOO!

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:14 PM

Chicago and Minny are very different up front.

Huard had alot of passes batted down last year because of the way he throws the ball. The Minny defensive linemen are very good at getting their hands up and getting a palm on the ball.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Their talent at DT alone, given the importance of the position to the overall strength of a defense, gives them the edge. We're superior at DE, but not by much. We're superior at one OLB spot, they're superior at MLB, and the other OLB spot is a dead heat.

We have a slight edge at CB, but just barely, because we're so old. And they have Sharper.

Yep, they're better top to bottom, because strong defenses are built from the inside out. They're better at both tackle spots, MLB, and safety.
I don't think Greenway and DJ are a wash. I simply don't.

And the Vikes' DEs get a combined 5 sacks, maybe, on a team with mere mortals at DT. I haven't seen overwhelming speed, power, or moves from any of them.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:15 PM
And the Vikes' DEs get a combined 5 sacks, maybe, on a team with mere mortals at DT. I haven't seen overwhelming speed, power, or moves from any of them.

It doesn't matter. They are going to blitz us into hades.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:15 PM
That's great. Larry's gonna get 20 yards. And we'll complete 15 3-yard passes. WOOHOO!
I won't lie to you, I think we're looking at a gameplan that's 80% passing, 20% running.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
I won't lie to you, I think we're looking at a gameplan that's 80% passing, 20% running.

Did you forget who's running our team?

We'll be lucky to get 50/50 out of these clowns.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't think Greenway and DJ are a wash. I simply don't.

DJ is overrated, plain and simple.

Greenway has a better nose for filling the gap, and he's better in pass coverage.

And you can discount their ends all you want by hypothetical isolating them from the tackles. The simple fact is that, when Sunday comes, those tackles will be there and their DE's will benefit from it.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:18 PM

If that's the case, we might set an NFL record for fewest 1st downs in a game...

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Did you forget who's running our team?

We'll be lucky to get 50/50 out of these clowns.
I know, I know it's unorthodox for them, but they watch game film. They know they're up against one of the toughest DT tandems in the history of the NFL.

And they know the rest of the defense is merely mortal.

I simply can't believe Herm is going to go 40-pass, 60-run. I think it's going to be 80/20. They'd honestly be morons not to.

HemiEd
09-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Mecca was saying that our best shot is 4 wides.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:19 PM
They'd honestly be morons not to.

Um, have you been watching this team for the last year?

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Mecca was saying that our best shot is 4 wides.

We don't even have 4 wides on the roster...

Easy 6
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Greenway has a better nose for filling the gap, and he's better in pass coverage.

I agree with the first part, but not one 'lil bit with the second.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:21 PM
DJ is overrated, plain and simple.

And you can discount their ends all you want by hypothetical isolating them from the tackles. The simple fact is that, when Sunday comes, those tackles will be there and their DE's will benefit from it.
DJ's easily above average at filling the gap. He garnered 5 sacks and good tackle numbers around the LOS despite playing with weak DTs and missing a few games. He's got a sack this year, too, I believe.

Greenway fills the gap because there's nobody there. The Williams absorb all the pain, allowing those LBs to do pretty much whatever they want. Hell, if they were remotely talented they'd be routine Pro Bowlers in that defense.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Um, have you been watching this team for the last year?
Doing moronic things != moron.

I'm not yet willing to accept that these folks are morons.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Where you at, Negs? o:-)

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:25 PM

This game is the final straw for me. If we don't generate at least 250 yards of offense, I'm done.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:26 PM
This game is the final straw for me. If we don't generate at least 250 yards of offense, I'm done.
Yeah, at that point you'd pretty much have to resign the season to rebuilding.

Or perhaps just sucking in general.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:26 PM
I agree with the first part, but not one 'lil bit with the second.

Who has DJ ever covered WELL?

I just got done watching Greenway neutralize Alge Crumpler, who is one of the better TE's in the league...

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:27 PM

Then re-watch last year's playoff game. You'll be willing after that...

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 09:27 PM
dumb offense, mediocre-to-bad OC, bad QB with weak arm, Herm's love of our OL's butts....definite recipe for success...

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:29 PM
DJ's easily above average at filling the gap. He garnered 5 sacks and good tackle numbers around the LOS despite playing with weak DTs and missing a few games. He's got a sack this year, too, I believe.

Greenway fills the gap because there's nobody there. The Williams absorb all the pain, allowing those LBs to do pretty much whatever they want. Hell, if they were remotely talented they'd be routine Pro Bowlers in that defense.

Bullshit.

A gap, by DEFINITION, has nobody in it. Greenway hits the gap and makes the tackle. DJ tries to arm tackle or strip the ball and ends up face down with the ball carrier still on his feet.

I'm sick of hearing about the guy. For all the hype, he better start showing something.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:29 PM
dumb offense, mediocre-to-bad OC, bad QB with weak arm, Herm's love of our OL's butts....definite recipe for success...
Well geez, zeroing in on our weaknesses a bit? We have these components all season -- so I guess you'd predict 0-16.

That's fine, but winning and losing is all about matchups. We matchup fairly well against the Vikes and I think that gives us a realistic shot at victory.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Well geez, zeroing in on our weaknesses a bit? We have these components all season -- so I guess you'd predict 0-16.

That's fine, but winning and losing is all about matchups. We matchup fairly well against the Vikes and I think that gives us a realistic shot at victory.

We matched up well with the Texans, too.

Favorable matchups are only favorable if your coaching staff is willing to take the risks necessary to exploit them.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:32 PM
DJ tries to arm tackle or strip the ball and ends up face down with the ball carrier still on his feet.

I'm sick of hearing about the guy. For all the hype, he better start showing something.
14 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 passes defensed through two games.

Underachiever, tell you what.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:33 PM
We matched up well with the Texans, too.

Favorable matchups are only favorable if your coaching staff is willing to take the risks necessary to exploit them.
I'm not excusing the loss to the Texans. That was a winnable game and we screwed the pooch. Doesn't mean every winnable game for the rest of the season has now evaporated before our very eyes.

The team is a mirror image of where we were last year. Week 3 is our time.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:34 PM
14 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 passes defensed through two games.

Underachiever, tell you what.

How many turnovers has he forced?

Tamba Hali, the 20th overall pick who nobody wanted, had more game-changing plays in his rookie season than DJ has had in all of his 3 years COMBINED.

HemiEd
09-21-2007, 09:34 PM
We don't even have 4 wides on the roster...
You must be forgetting about Sippio?

Dicky McElephant
09-21-2007, 09:35 PM

Dwight Smith and Darren Sharper are injured.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:36 PM
How the **** do we match up well against the Vikings?

We can't pass....they suck against the pass. Break for them.

We can't run....they're great against the run. We're ****ed.

We couldn't stop the run last week in Chicago...they have a monstrous offensive line and a killer RB. We're ****ed, again.

Only advantage I see is our pass D.

htismaqe
I'm not excusing the loss to the Texans. That was a winnable game and we screwed the pooch. Doesn't mean every winnable game for the rest of the season has now evaporated before our very eyes.

The team is a mirror image of where we were last year. Week 3 is our time.

Yep. It's our time to make everybody think maybe something has changed. We win big and the coaches start talking about "turning a corner".

There will be several weeks like this. And all the way, we'll have people just like this telling us that we're not a bad team and we can get the job done.

Only to get thoroughly embarrassed at the end of the season.

And then next year we do it all again.

htismaqe
You must be forgetting about Sippio?

ROFL

Count Alex's Losses

They're both gonna play.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:37 PM

I believe both are listed as Probable.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:37 PM

Tamba Hali, the 20th overall pick who nobody wanted, had more game-changing plays in his rookie season than DJ has had in all of his 3 years COMBINED.
That's understandable. I have the same criticism of DJ.

That doesn't mean necessarily that he's been unimpressive this year. He's looked fast and outside of that embarrassing juke against the Texans he's looked like a Pro Bowler.

But I agree. The turnovers gotta start coming.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Yep. It's our time to make everybody think maybe something has changed. We win big and the coaches start talking about "turning a corner".

There will be several weeks like this. And all the way, we'll have people just like this telling us that we're not a bad team and we can get the job done.

Only to get thoroughly embarrassed at the end of the season.

And then next year we do it all again.
Hey, you want to criticize our team's direction and philosophy, be my guest.

I'm talking Week 3.

Mecca
DJ isn't remotely the player people thought he'd be, to this point in his career he's nothing more than a league average LB, which isn't good enough for a first round LB.

It's also disconcerting when young guys step in the league like AJ Hawk and Chad Greenway and are already miles better than DJ.

He may be more naturally gifted than either of them but he's not as good of a player.

htismaqe
That's understandable. I have the same criticism of DJ.

That doesn't mean necessarily that he's been unimpressive this year. He's looked fast and outside of that embarrassing juke against the Texans he's looked like a Pro Bowler.

But I agree. The turnovers gotta start coming.

I really wouldn't have much problem with DJ's play if it hadn't have been for the hype that came with him. Hell, you would have sworn he was Jesus Christ himself...

Direckshun
They're both gonna play.
Good. Throw at them.

HemiEd
09-21-2007, 09:40 PM
It gets old quick, we were spoiled to moving the ball and scoring. Now, ten points behind, is insurmountable.
I hope it changes Sunday, we need to click.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Good. Throw at them.

Sharper will be at least 20 yards of the LoS in the Cover 2. We won't be able to throw at him, because our QB CAN'T get it that far, and our gameplan WON'T get it that far.

FAX
I really wouldn't have much problem with DJ's play if it hadn't have been for the hype that came with him. Hell, you would have sworn he was Jesus Christ himself...

The Chiefs seem to have a pretty bad track record when it comes to developing their own draft picks.

FAX

Direckshun
How the **** do we match up well against the Vikings?

We can't pass....they suck against the pass. Break for them.

We can't run....they're great against the run. We're ****ed.

We couldn't stop the run last week in Chicago...they have a monstrous offensive line and a killer RB. We're ****ed, again.

Only advantage I see is our pass D.
We can pass okay against this team because we can utilize short drops to largely take away their pass rush and expose their secondary.

Running, we're ****ed. I concur.

Jackson or Bollinger are going to be simply victimized by our secondary.

When they're running, you're right, we've got a serious battle there. But this is a team with ONE WEAPON. Period. We all watch the Chiefs -- that's usually not a good recipe for success offensively.

Plus, we're up against the 0-3 wall and at the home opener.

Advantage, Chiefs.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Sharper will be at least 20 yards of the LoS in the Cover 2. We won't be able to throw at him, because our QB CAN'T get it that far, and our gameplan WON'T get it that far.
That's retarded.

If Minnesota's going to play super deep all game, the Chiefs will gain 350 yards on them, seeing as their entire pass offense will revolve around short- and medium-range throws.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:44 PM
We can pass okay against this team because we can utilize short drops to largely take away their pass rush and expose their secondary.

Running, we're ****ed. I concur.

Jackson or Bollinger are going to be simply victimized by our secondary.

When they're running, you're right, we've got a serious battle there. But this is a team with ONE WEAPON. Period. We all watch the Chiefs -- that's usually not a good recipe for success offensively.

Plus, we're up against the 0-3 wall and at the home opener.

Advantage, Chiefs.

It's Arrowhead. It's always advantage Chiefs.

If I thought a loss in the home opener and an 0-3 start would guarantee that the Hunts would make a change in the front office, I'd openly root for them to lose...

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:45 PM
DJ isn't remotely the player people thought he'd be, to this point in his career he's nothing more than a league average LB, which isn't good enough for a first round LB.

It's also disconcerting when young guys step in the league like AJ Hawk and Chad Greenway and are already miles better than DJ.

He may be more naturally gifted than either of them but he's not as good of a player.
I don't know if I can name 6 LBs that are as talented as AJ Hawk. I still contend Greenway's getting built up around here because he's a Chiefs opponent and some doomsday Planeteers are waving white flags this season.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:45 PM
That's retarded.

If Minnesota's going to play super deep all game, the Chiefs will gain 350 yards on them, seeing as their entire pass offense will revolve around short- and medium-range throws.

Their LB's can cover.

The only way we gain 350 yards is if we pass the ball 70 times.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't know if I can name 6 LBs that are as talented as AJ Hawk. I still contend Greenway's getting built up around here because he's a Chiefs opponent and some doomsday Planeteers are waving white flags this season.

Greenway's getting built up around here because he's a heady player that's exceeded expectations at every level he's ever played at. This is essentially his rookie season and he's already making plays.

On the other hand, DJ came in here with all the accolades and all the hype. And now, in his 3rd season, he's finally starting to play like an average LB.

Direckshun
Their LB's can cover.

The only way we gain 350 yards is if we pass the ball 70 times.
They can't cover everyone, because I'm telling you, we're not sending anybody deep.

We're passing 80% of the game, and they're going to be short- and medium-range throws off a one- or two-step drop.

It's entirely possible I'm wrong about that, but if I'm right, Minnesota will get torched and they'll have to make serious adjustments.

Direckshun
On the other hand, DJ came in here with all the accolades and all the hype. And now, in his 3rd season, he's finally starting to play like an average LB.
Your opinion, not mine.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:48 PM
They can't cover everyone, because I'm telling you, we're not sending anybody deep.

We're passing 80% of the game, and they're going to be short- and medium-range throws off a one- or two-step drop.

It's entirely possible I'm wrong about that, but if I'm right, Minnesota will get torched and they'll have to make serious adjustments.

I can't wait.

What your suggesting is a formula that will require 14-18 plays every drive to score.

We might have 10 turnovers.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Your opinion, not mine.

The hype he came in here with is NOT my opinion, it's a fact.

Mecca
Only a Chiefs fan would try to say that a secondary that has Antione Winfield, Darren Sharper and Dwight Smith sucks and it a weakness.....

Throw at them with Huard watch as they make plays and get picks.....this defense is a horrid matchup for the Chiefs all the way around.

the Talking Can

the whole thread is about how we don't match up on offense, but you're going True Fan on my post?

ROFL

I don't give a **** about our record this year, I've only made that clear about 1000 times. As long as Huard is playing, the games are irrelevant.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:50 PM
I can't wait.

What your suggesting is a formula that will require 14-18 plays every drive to score.

We might have 10 turnovers.
Hey, outside of the Andre Johnson bomb, that's how people have beaten our super-deep Cover 2. Checkdown checkdown checkdown, matriculate the ball down the field, hell of a lot of plays, eats up a lot of clock, lots of success.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:51 PM
The hype he came in here with is NOT my opinion, it's a fact.
I was referring to the latter part of your post.

I do not regard him as an average LB.

Mecca
That's because half our players still don't seem to have a concept of what you are suppose to do in a cover 2...being heady is part of it which is why DJ looks worse than Greenway in the defense.

htismaqe
Only a Chiefs fan would try to say that a secondary that has Antione Winfield, Darren Sharper and Dwight Smith sucks and it a weakness.....

Throw at them with Huard watch as they make plays and get picks.....this defense is a horrid matchup for the Chiefs all the way around.

They're vulnerable up the seams. We don't have ANYTHING in our offense to exploit that.

Gonzales is already complaining. It won't be long before he comes unglued.

Herm is gonna lose this team...

Mecca
09-21-2007, 09:52 PM
They're vulnerable up the seams. We don't have ANYTHING in our offense to exploit that.

Gonzales is already complaining. It won't be long before he comes unglued.

Herm is gonna lose this team...

That's pretty much what I think too, the Chiefs have nothing that will work against this team.

They on the other hand can go right up the butt behind Hutch, Birk and T-Rich with AD and exploit the Chiefs middle.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:52 PM

I'm not saying they suck (maybe I did -- in which case I'd be wrong), I'm saying they're not super-talented and they're opportunistic. Much like the Colts don't have an incredible secondary (outside of Mr. Sanders), they just take advantage of their situation.

Which any decent DB would do with the Vikes' monster DL.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:53 PM
the whole thread is about how we don't match up on offense, but you're going True Fan on my post?

ROFL

I don't give a **** about our record this year, I've only made that clear about 1000 times. As long as Huard is playing, the games are irrelevant.
Allow me to apologize. It seems I don't keep track of your opinion as heartily as you'd like me to.

The logic in your post was clear: these things about our offense suck, therefore loss.

Those things are going to be around all season, so you'd have to be predicting 0-16.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey, outside of the Andre Johnson bomb, that's how people have beaten our super-deep Cover 2. Checkdown checkdown checkdown, matriculate the ball down the field, hell of a lot of plays, eats up a lot of clock, lots of success.

We haven't scored a TD on defense in two seasons. The Vikings have two in TWO GAMES.

People matriculate the ball down the field against the Chiefs because they CAN. That won't work against the Vikings...

Mecca
09-21-2007, 09:54 PM
If you can tell me how the Chiefs can even score in this game I'd welcome it because I think this defense is the absolute worst matchup they have all year...

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:55 PM
I was referring to the latter part of your post.

I do not regard him as an average LB.

There's 32 other starters at his position in the league. You're trying to suggest that he's on of the top 8 or so at his position?

No fuggin way.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:56 PM
That's because half our players still don't seem to have a concept of what you are suppose to do in a cover 2...being heady is part of it which is why DJ looks worse than Greenway in the defense.
I don't think DJ does look worse than much of anybody at this point. He's put up damn good numbers thus far. Outside of the one juke, he's played like a Pro Bowler.

I've already said my piece about Greenway.

B_Ambuehl
09-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I think you guys are being way hard on DJ. He doesn't look impressive because he makes the game look easy. He'll go out and make what looks like an average tackle. It looks average because he doesn't look like he's moving all that fast and doesn't look like he's trying all that hard because he's so smooth. Carl Banks was a lot like that. I think for the most part he's lived up to his billing from day 1 but a lot of the things he does go unnoticed.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Dude, I hope you don't crash as hard as I did...

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Except a RB that's turned out to be a pretty good receiver in the flat, a HOF TE in the seams, and a FB/TE that's adequate at both.

I'm not going to rush to the defense of the Chiefs receivers, but they are exactly where they were last year when they blew it up against San Fran.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I think you guys are being way hard on DJ. He doesn't look impressive because he makes the game look easy. He'll go out and make what looks like an average tackle. It looks average because he doesn't look like he's moving all that fast and doesn't look like he's trying all that hard because he's so smooth. Carl Banks was a lot like that. I think for the most part he's lived up to his billing from day 1 but a lot of the things he does go unnoticed.

I agree with this. We missed him so much when he was out of the lineup last year. I think he's proved his worth.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Except a RB that's turned out to be a pretty good receiver in the flat, a HOF TE in the seams, and a FB/TE that's adequate at both.

I'm not going to rush to the defense of the Chiefs receivers, but they are exactly where they were last year when they blew it up against San Fran.

Unfortunately our offensive coaching staff doesn't see the value in taking a shot deep early in the game. We won't see any 34-yard touchdown passes on Sunday from Damon Huard.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 10:01 PM
If you can tell me how the Chiefs can even score in this game I'd welcome it because I think this defense is the absolute worst matchup they have all year...

Yep. We need three turnovers on their side of the 50 to have a shot, IMO.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 10:02 PM
We haven't scored a TD on defense in two seasons. The Vikings have two in TWO GAMES.

They have three. :shake:

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:02 PM

People matriculate the ball down the field against the Chiefs because they CAN. That won't work against the Vikings...
The Vikes shut down two offenses that just aren't impressive to me. The only guys they've even faced that I'd consider talented are the Lions' receivers, and they lit up the Vikes' secondary.

The Chiefs have played awful offensively but they do have seriously lethal weapons. They have a couple TEs that can catch really well, a promising rookie and one of the best one-two punches at RB in the league.

It CAN work against the Vikings if they stick with short throws off short drops.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I really don't think it's any worse than Chicago or San Diego.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:04 PM
There's 32 other starters at his position in the league. You're trying to suggest that he's on of the top 8 or so at his position?

No fuggin way.
I don't think that'd be a stretch to say.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:04 PM
The Vikes shut down two offenses that just aren't impressive to me. The only guys they've even faced that I'd consider talented are the Lions' receivers, and they lit up the Vikes' secondary.

The Chiefs have played awful offensively but they do have seriously lethal weapons. They have a couple TEs that can catch really well, a promising rookie and one of the best one-two punches at RB in the league.

It CAN work against the Vikings if they stick with short throws off short drops.

Good lord dude. I want some of what you're smoking.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't think that'd be a stretch to say.

Wow.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Dude, I hope you don't crash as hard as I did...
I'm not on the verge of crashing.

I'm just not employing creative language I can muster to predict a Chiefs loss.

Which, on ChiefsPlanet, makes me look like a doey-eyed homer.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately our offensive coaching staff doesn't see the value in taking a shot deep early in the game. We won't see any 34-yard touchdown passes on Sunday from Damon Huard.
I'd like it if we did, but I'm not sure how successful we'd be pulling it off.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm not on the verge of crashing.

I'm just not employing creative language I can muster to predict a Chiefs loss.

Which, on ChiefsPlanet, makes me look like a doey-eyed homer.

Do you think people are predicting the Chiefs to lose for no reason?

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Good lord dude. I want some of what you're smoking.
What have I said that's so controversial? The Vikings have only faced two Pro Bowl caliber players this year on offense, both of which performed quite well against them. The Chiefs have several Pro Bowl caliber players on their offense. Therefore the Chiefs can perform quite well against the Vikes' D. Pretty straightforward syllogism there.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Do you think people are predicting the Chiefs to lose for no reason?
No, I just think it gathers up steam and snowballs to the point of ridiculousness.

Mecca
09-21-2007, 10:08 PM

As the Chiefs are ranked 31st in offense, one of those offensive you are not "impressed by" is better than the Chiefs by a good margin....

This team totally sucks on offense it's time to face reality, tell a Viking fan we are the best offense they've faced, they'd laugh in your face.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Oh... So now Derrick Johnson's worthless too?

I'll make a note of that... it's hard to keep track.

Seriously... this is getting more than a little silly.

Mecca
09-21-2007, 10:10 PM
What have I said that's so controversial? The Vikings have only faced two Pro Bowl caliber players this year on offense, both of which performed quite well against them. The Chiefs have several Pro Bowl caliber players on their offense. Therefore the Chiefs can perform quite well against the Vikes' D. Pretty straightforward syllogism there.

I think you need to face a reality about what the Chiefs offense is this year and not what it once was.....it is a bottom feeder, it is miles worse than Detroits offense.....

13 points in 2 games! The Chiefs rank 31st in offense let's not act like this is a good offense or should be a remote problem for the Vikings defense.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:12 PM
As the Chiefs are ranked 31st in offense, one of those offensive you are not "impressed by" is better than the Chiefs by a good margin....

This team totally sucks on offense it's time to face reality, tell a Viking fan we are the best offense they've faced, they'd laugh in your face.
I think you need to face a reality about what the Chiefs offense is this year and not what it once was.....it is a bottom feeder, it is miles worse than Detroits offense.....

13 points in 2 games! The Chiefs rank 31st in offense let's not act like this is a good offense or should be a remote problem for the Vikings defense.
Listen, I completely agree our offense has sucked.

But I do not believe it does suck. (Yet.) I believe it has bewilderingly underachieved, performing far below what they're capable of.

This is still an offense that is capable of putting up 20 points a game. Same TE, same lethal running attack, same OL, same WR situation.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:12 PM

You said that the two offenses the Vikes have shut down aren't impressive. What then gives you any reason to think they won't shut our offense down. We're worse than both of them.

Then you went on to say that the Chiefs have "seriously lethal" weapons on offense. They don't have a couple of TE's, they have one, and even he is a shell of his former self, especially when opposing defenses can double him on every play because we have nobody on this outside to take the pressure off.

You mentioned our RB catching passes in the flat, which is great if the guy would actually put out the effort to catch the ball.

And then, of course, there's the thing you didn't mention - that ALL offenses in NFL live and die with their QB. And we don't have one.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh... So now Derrick Johnson's worthless too?

I'll make a note of that... it's hard to keep track.

Seriously... this is getting more than a little silly.

Who said he was worthless? Now THAT is silly.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Listen, I completely agree our offense has sucked.

But I do not believe it does suck. (Yet.) I believe it has bewilderingly underachieved, performing far below what they're capable of.

This is still an offense that is capable of putting up 20 points a game. Same TE, same lethal running attack, same OL, same WR situation.

Yep, you're gonna crash. About week 8 or 9, when we're still ranked lower than 30th in scoring offense...

Mecca
09-21-2007, 10:14 PM
You said that the two offenses the Vikes have shut down aren't impressive. What then gives you any reason to think they won't shut our offense down. We're worse than both of them.

Then you went on to say that the Chiefs have "seriously lethal" weapons on offense. They don't have a couple of TE's, they have one, and even he is a shell of his former self, especially when opposing defenses can double him on every play because we have nobody on this outside to take the pressure off.

You mentioned our RB catching passes in the flat, which is great if the guy would actually put out the effort to catch the ball.

And then, of course, there's the thing you didn't mention - that ALL offenses in NFL live and die with their QB. And we don't have one.

Hey you better watch it, I said Tony Gonzalez was a slow declining player and he wasn't a big matchup problem anymore because there are TE's in the league much faster and more gifted than him now....

Stevie and numerous other people melted down like I killed the Pope...

cdcox
09-21-2007, 10:15 PM

That is all we've thrown going back to the Colts game. Everyone knows it is coming. Their corners and LB are going to be looking for the slant and jumping the route. Their LB are going to be pounding the RB in the flats. Thats how Wilson fumbled in the first game. The D was waiting for it and just killed him.

A steady diet of short passes is the defenses best friend. You have to be successful at the medium to deep ball in order to make them cover the whole field.

We'll need at leat 7-8 completions of 15+ yards (through the air) in order to score more than one TD. Herm/Solari/Huard have not shown any willingness to do this this season.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:16 PM

Well for the most part I can defer you to what I said to Mecca. This offense has performed horribly, but not because it is horrible. Much of the same reason none of us were declaring the Saints offense terrible after only scoring three against the Colts.

No, they've totally underperformed. We played without a QB all last season essentially and still had a top-notch run offense and enough of a passing game to get to the playoffs. I don't panic and declare our offense flatly awful this season, I declare it underperforming and still capable, I repeat: still capable, of putting up some decent points.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 10:17 PM
This offense has performed horribly, but not because it is horrible

I've never been laid, but not because I'm a geek...I've just underperformed. I'm capable of being a total stud muffin.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Well for the most part I can defer you to what I said to Mecca. This offense has performed horribly, but not because it is horrible. Much of the same reason none of us were declaring the Saints offense terrible after only scoring three against the Colts.

No, they've totally underperformed. We played without a QB all last season essentially and still had a top-notch run offense and enough of a passing game to get to the playoffs. I don't panic and declare our offense flatly awful this season, I declare it underperforming and still capable, I repeat: still capable, of putting up some decent points.

Well, hang on to your hope and cherish it now.

The Chiefs will suck it from you at some point this season.

Mecca
09-21-2007, 10:19 PM
I think it's pretty horrible.....you are basing a lot of your argument on Huard being what he was last year and that just isn't gonna happen, it was an exception not the rule of his career.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 10:19 PM
I've never been laid, but not because I'm a geek...I've just underperformed. I'm capable of being a total stud muffin.Probably not... but you're capable of getting laid, if you'd try.

The Chiefs are capable of scoring points... if they'd try.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:20 PM
That is all we've thrown going back to the Colts game. Everyone knows it is coming. Their corners and LB are going to be looking for the slant and jumping the route. Their LB are going to be pounding the RB in the flats. Thats how Wilson fumbled in the first game. The D was waiting for it and just killed him.

A steady diet of short passes is the defenses best friend. You have to be successful at the medium to deep ball in order to make them cover the whole field.

We'll need at leat 7-8 completions of 15+ yards (through the air) in order to score more than one TD. Herm/Solari/Huard have not shown any willingness to do this this season.
Wilson didn't get killed, he had a helmet hit the ball.

We moved the ball decently against the Chicago defense with our "predictable" offense. The reason it works despite its predictability is because the plays are extremely low-risk.

And that's against a damn good defense. A weaker defense you can loosen up more against. I do think we're going to see the offense open up more this week like we did last year against San Fran.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 10:22 PM
I like how we have a whole squad of Meccas now to beat down anyone with any kind of optimism.

Jesus, guys... WTF?

doomy3
09-21-2007, 10:22 PM
There is no way to compare our offense to Detroit's. We couldn't throw all over the field for a lot of reasons. THe main reason is that Kitna is a MUCH better passing QB than Huard. Their receivers are infinitely better than ours.

On the flipside, what option did Detroit really have? Are they going to pound Tatum Bell all day?

I would actually be upset if we took the throw the ball all over the field approach, because we don't have the players to do that. Our strength is LJ, and we need to ride him.

I haven't been upset this year that we aren't throwing the ball enough, it's that we aren't using our best player enough.

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 10:23 PM
I've never been laid, but not because I'm a geek...I've just underperformed. I'm capable of being a total stud muffin.

Huard sucks but it is the coaches fault.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:23 PM
I think it's pretty horrible.....you are basing a lot of your argument on Huard being what he was last year and that just isn't gonna happen, it was an exception not the rule of his career.
What has been the rule of his career?

Some small playoff success for the Pats? A successful string of wins filling in for Marino? A sturdy 5-3 stint for the Chiefs?

Now, before I get htis going nuts on me and people declaring me Carl's bitch, I preferred Brody starting. But Huard does have a fairly consistent streak of "managing games" consistently throughout his career.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
I like how we have a whole squad of Meccas now to beat down anyone with any kind of optimism.

Jesus, guys... WTF?
Healthy debate's fine. That's all this is.

It's stacked in their favor this time. It'll be stacked against them the next. Happens.

Mecca
09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Detroit didn't run because they KNEW it wouldn't work, teams with good RB's take that approach with them too, running on the Vikings is basically a worthless activity other than to keep them honest at times.

If we ride LJ his 30 carries are going to equal about 60-70 yards.....

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I think LJ could have a big game.

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

Well, play action could help...

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

But, maybe if they...

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 10:25 PM

It's stacked in their favor this time. It'll be stacked against them the next. Happens.I admire your patience.

Mecca
09-21-2007, 10:26 PM

Some small playoff success for the Pats? A successful string of wins filling in for Marino? A sturdy 5-3 stint for the Chiefs?

Now, before I get htis going nuts on me and people declaring me Carl's bitch, I preferred Brody starting. But Huard does have a fairly consistent streak of "managing games" consistently throughout his career.

This guy was Jay Fiedler's backup....when he was with NE he wasn't even the backup he was the 3rd stringer, he was Rohan Davey's backup!

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Detroit didn't run because they KNEW it wouldn't work, teams with good RB's take that approach with them too, running on the Vikings is basically a worthless activity other than to keep them honest at times.

If we ride LJ his 30 carries are going to equal about 60-70 yards.....
Totally agree.

Mecca

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

But, maybe if they...

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

Logical reasons have been given to why this is a bad matchup and running LJ constantly is a good way to really get pounded in this one...

htismaqe

Jesus, guys... WTF?

The Chiefs have nobody to blame but themselves...

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:28 PM
This guy was Jay Fiedler's backup....when he was with NE he wasn't even the backup he was the 3rd stringer, he was Rohan Davey's backup!
I can put that argument on the shelf along with every "hey, if that guy was so good, why didn't somebody else want him" argument I've run along on the Planet.

Don't care. When he gets a chance to perform, does he perform.

Huard consistently has.

Skip Towne
No, I just think it gathers up steam and snowballs to the point of ridiculousness.
Ridiculosity.

htismaqe

It's stacked in their favor this time. It'll be stacked against them the next. Happens.

Well, given the history of this team, your "time" will be about 30 years from now...

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:29 PM

Consitent streak of "managing games" when he's coming in AS A BACKUP.

He has NO history of managing games a starter because he's never been good enough to be one...

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 10:31 PM

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

But, maybe if they...

NO, WE SUCK!!!!

so what about our offense do you love so much?

cdcox
Wilson didn't get killed, he had a helmet hit the ball.

We moved the ball decently against the Chicago defense with our "predictable" offense. The reason it works despite its predictability is because the plays are extremely low-risk.

And that's against a damn good defense. A weaker defense you can loosen up more against. I do think we're going to see the offense open up more this week like we did last year against San Fran.

The reason the helmet hit the ball was that as he turned up field, the guy blind sided him. Normally on such a short pass you want your guy to turn and be able to see who is coming at him so he can protect the ball. On a catch-BANG play, there is no time for that.

The downside of low risk, at least the way we operate it, is that our drives take too many plays to score. You are not going to run off 12 plays in a row without having a drive ending play (failed conversion on 3rd and short, 10+ yard penalty, or turn over). It is actually a high risk offense, becuase each drive has a high chance of failure.

According to Football Outsiders (who have the best predictive stats of anyone) Minnesota had the 4th best defense in the league last year. San Francisco had the 28th best. The two situations are nothing alike other than we are 0-2 and playing at home.

KcMizzou
The Chiefs have nobody to blame but themselves...If we suck this season... I was prepared for that.

But we'd better get Croyle some serious playing time.

It's all the hate and venom that bugs me. You don't have to act like anyone expecting (or hoping for) a win is a complete ****ing moron.

(I don't mean you specifically)

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Consitent streak of "managing games" when he's coming in AS A BACKUP.

He has NO history of managing games a starter because he's never been good enough to be one...
He's barely a starter this year. Do you think the Chiefs honestly look at this guy and go "yep, there's the guy we can trust our offense with"?

Absolutely not. They're playing him as a starter exactly how they played him last year when he was a backup. The gameplan hasn't changed. There's no reason he can't have the same general success this year that he had last year.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Jesus, guys... WTF?

I say that every Sunday when I watch our offense.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:33 PM
According to Football Outsiders (who have the best predictive stats of anyone) Minnesota had the 4th best defense in the league last year. San Francisco had the 28th best. The two situations are nothing alike other than we are 0-2 and playing at home.

Football Outsiders are biased. The stats lie. Just ask Hootie.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Do you think the Chiefs honestly look at this guy and go "yep, there's the guy we can trust our offense with"?

Um, yeah. That's EXACLTY what they said.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 10:35 PM
There's no reason he can't have the same general success this year that he had last year.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6042/dickcurlsr7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:35 PM
The reason the helmet hit the ball was that as he turned up field, the guy blind sided him. Normally on such a short pass you want your guy to turn and be able to see who is coming at him so he can protect the ball. On a catch-BANG play, there is no time for that.

The downside of low risk, at least the way we operate it, is that our drives take too many plays to score. You are not going to run off 12 plays in a row without having a drive ending play (failed conversion on 3rd and short, 10+ yard penalty, or turn over). It is actually a high risk offense, becuase each drive has a high chance of failure.

I think the situations are similar enough. We're facing a secondary that isn't particularly scary, that can perhaps allow us to open things up a bit. And yes, we're at home and our team simply plays better there.

I can't argue with your high-risk/low-risk analysis. If you get 10 possessions a game, however, there's no reason you can't convert on at least four of them -- two of them being touchdowns. That gives you plenty of opportunities.

Mecca
09-21-2007, 10:36 PM
The schedule is more difficult, and the offense is more Hermified.....and we haven't even seen enough of LJ to know if the 400+ carries will take it's natural toll on him.

Carl thought Damon Huard could win 7-8 games and keep them competitive...he thought wrong Huard is crap and the rest of the team isn't good enough to make up for it.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Um, yeah. That's EXACLTY what they said.See.. that makes my brain hurt.

I can't believe that the guys in charge are that stupid. I refuse to believe it. We're rebuilding, and just won't admit it.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:37 PM
I can't argue with your high-risk/low-risk analysis. If you get 10 possessions a game, however, there's no reason you can't convert on at least four of them -- two of them being touchdowns. That gives you plenty of opportunities.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're talking about the actual Chiefs...

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Um, yeah. That's EXACLTY what they said.
Perhaps I should have clarified "go" to "act like."

Because they've said a hell of a lot of stuff that wasn't the case.

They may say Huard's the guy we can trust, but they have not acted like it, period. They've played him as if he were a backup.

Mecca
09-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I think the situations are similar enough. We're facing a secondary that isn't particularly scary, that can perhaps allow us to open things up a bit. And yes, we're at home and our team simply plays better there.

Are you really telling me you think it's similar? Minnesota's D shits on the 49ers D.....at least the one from last year...

And the Chiefs offense is even worse this year, Herm got rid of Trent and Terry Shea now it is truly shitty and Hermified.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:39 PM
See.. that makes my brain hurt.

I can't believe that the guys in charge are that stupid. I refuse to believe it. We're rebuilding, and just won't admit it.

They're not stupid.

They're STUBBORN.

Herm wants to play his brand of ball. When he said scoring 30 points was Arena football, he was only half joking.

Mecca
Perhaps I should have clarified "go" to "act like."

Because they've said a hell of a lot of stuff that wasn't the case.

They may say Huard's the guy we can trust, but they have not acted like it, period. They've played him as if he were a backup.

It's that guy named Herm, he's overly conservative and scared of offense.....he thinks it's the offenses job to rest his precious defense.

Direckshun
I'm beginning to wonder if you're talking about the actual Chiefs...
Again I'm not saying anything controversial.

We can work the flats pretty well, we can work the seams pretty well, we can probably utilize our WR for at least some success against what I consider to be an unimpressive Vikings secondary, we are therefore capable of pulling a few scoring drives out of our possessions Sunday.

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Do you think the Chiefs honestly look at this guy and go "yep, there's the guy we can trust our offense with"?

then WHY the fug is he our QB? if they had no intention of playing Croyle then they should have brought in a real QB...trade for schaub, whatever...but shit or get off the pot, go young or go with a proven Vet starter, but don't with a guy who - as you point out - they don't trust the offense with...

how f'd up is that this franchise is willing playing a vet QB "that they can't trust the offense with"?

and I'm supposed to run around pretending we're gosh golly great?

can you see why this crap drives me insane?

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:41 PM
then WHY the fug is he our QB? if they had no intention of playing Croyle then they should have brought in a real QB...trade for schaub, whatever...but shit or get off the pot, go young or go with a proven Vet starter, but don't with a guy who - as you point out - they don't trust the offense with...

how f'd up is that this franchise is willing playing a vet QB "that they can't trust the offense with"?

and I'm supposed to run around pretending we're gosh golly great?

can you see why this crap drives me insane?
I can. I don't make excuses for it. It is what it is.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Again I'm not saying anything controversial.

We can work the flats pretty well, we can work the seams pretty well, we can probably utilize our WR for at least some success against what I consider to be an unimpressive Vikings secondary, we are therefore capable of pulling a few scoring drives out of our possessions Sunday.

That's just the thing.

I haven't seen us work the flats pretty well for a LONG time. Green always one-hopped those passes, and when Huard throws them, they're 10 feet over the RB's head.

Even if the ball is there, it's 50/50 as to whether LJ will actually make the effort to catch it.

And if we try to work the seams, Huard will turn it over. He'll have at least 2 picks. Bank on it.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:43 PM
That's just the thing.

I haven't seen us work the flats pretty well for a LONG time. Green always one-hopped those passes, and when Huard throws them, they're 10 feet over the RB's head.

Even if the ball is there, it's 50/50 as to whether LJ will actually make the effort to catch it.

And if we try to work the seams, Huard will turn it over. He'll have at least 2 picks. Bank on it.
Huard's been rough on the flat, I agree.

But who leads the Chiefs in receptions? LJ. He's catching pretty well this season.

I really don't think we're as screwed working the seams as you do.

cdcox
09-21-2007, 10:44 PM
That's just the thing.

2003 was the last time we rolled big in that area. In 2004 Priest wanted to run more and catch fewer passes (in pursuit of the rushing title). Evidently, DV was okay with that idea and went away from the screens and dump offs to Priest.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:45 PM

But who leads the Chiefs in receptions? LJ. He's catching pretty well this season.

I used to be able to manufacture hope. I've gotten to the point in the last 4 or 5 years where I depend on the Chiefs to show me something that will generate hope. They haven't shown me anything this season.

Skip Towne
That's just the thing.

Pay attention. FAX already solved this problem. Just get 14 foot tall RB's.

cdcox

When I hear seams, I'm thinking between the LB and safeties. LJ is catching everything in front of the LB.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Anyway, back to the Lions/Vikings game.

I just want to personally thank Herman Edwards and the Kansas City Chiefs for reducing LJ to Eddie George status.

Watching the way Brad Childress uses Adrian Peterson just makes me sick...

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, I mean honestly, where have our turnovers come from?

Not from working the seams. From working the sideline 20 yards down the field and open field fumbles.

I'm not saying we've been awesome at it, but we aren't catastrophic.

the Talking Can
I can. I don't make excuses for it. It is what it is.

something snapped for me when they said we're moving into the Future with Damon Huard and Herm Edwards...I can't even fake it...it's just so pointless....

Watching Huard play QB is like watching Paris Hilton sing. I can't stop asking, "Why?"

Count Alex's Losses
Watching the way Brad Childress uses Adrian Peterson just makes me sick...

Did you like that little play where they went empty backfield, motioned Peterson from the left and snapped the ball as he took the handoff at full speed?

Yeah.....**** you, Herm.

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I used to be able to manufacture hope. I've gotten to the point in the last 4 or 5 years where I depend on the Chiefs to show me something that will generate hope. They haven't shown me anything this season.
That's fair.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, I mean honestly, where have our turnovers come from?

Not from working the seams. From working the sideline 20 yards down the field and open field fumbles.

I'm not saying we've been awesome at it, but we aren't catastrophic.

Of course we haven't turned the ball over while working the seams.

Because we haven't really worked the seams. Why do you think Tony Gonzales is whining? He's tired of running 4-yard out patterns...

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:53 PM
When I hear seams, I'm thinking between the LB and safeties. LJ is catching everything in front of the LB.
Well I was actually responding to a different part of his post with the LJ comment.

He had made the remark that LJ's a poor receiver, which I would have agreed with perhaps up until this season, where he's done well for himself in the flats.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Why do you think Tony Gonzales is whining? He's tired of running 4-yard out patterns...

Amazing that when we sent Gonzalez downfield we actually got 27 yards! Twenty-seven whole yards! On one play! But that's a little too fast for Herm and his Dick.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Amazing that when we sent Gonzalez downfield we actually got 27 yards! Twenty-seven whole yards! On one play! But that's a little too fast for Herm and his Dick.

That's just a tad too risky for Herm...

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Gonzo should be a cover-2 killer....

could be

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Of course we haven't turned the ball over while working the seams.

Because we haven't really worked the seams. Why do you think Tony Gonzales is whining? He's tired of running 4-yard out patterns...
Yeah, that's fair.

But I don't want us adopting the logic that "the only reason we haven't turned the ball over working the seams is because we haven't worked the seams," because if we have a receiving corps that's built to do anything, it's just that. Our receiving TEs and big wide-receivers are tailor-made for that kind of exposure.

So it's entirely possible that this is a weapon in our arsenal.

FAX
09-21-2007, 10:57 PM
I think you mean "farcenal".

FAX

Direckshun
09-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Alright Negs, I'm out.

Will perhaps rejoin with you gents later.

Edit:
I think you mean "farcenal".
Good note to go out on.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, that's fair.

But I don't want us adopting the logic that "the only reason we haven't turned the ball over working the seams is because we haven't worked the seams," because if we have a receiving corps that's built to do anything, it's just that. Our receiving TEs and big wide-receivers are tailor-made for that kind of exposure.

So it's entirely possible that this is a weapon in our arsenal.

It really doesn't matter what our TE and WR's are capable of.

Our Head Coach won't use them the way they need to be used, and he's got the perfect QB to implement that philosophy...

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 11:00 PM
thing is, a decent OC could take Bowe, Gonzo, and LJ and build a very solid, if not spectacular, offense, even with a schmo like Huard...

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 11:01 PM
thing is, a decent OC could take Bowe, Gonzo, and LJ and build a very solid, if not spectacular, offense, even with a schmo like Huard...
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1135/terrysheaxm6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mecca
09-21-2007, 11:06 PM
That dude looks creepy...

the Talking Can
09-21-2007, 11:11 PM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1135/terrysheaxm6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sure...

anyone who would run a version of the Coryell offense, as opposed to this foul, faux-west cost, wanna-be smash mouth abortion...

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 11:12 PM
That dude looks creepy...

The Chiefs have a conservative photographer...he doesn't want to make anyone look too pretty...smashmouth hermieball photography...

Mecca
09-21-2007, 11:13 PM
He has a child molester kind of look about him...

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2007, 11:20 PM
He has a child molester kind of look about him...

Yeah...he likes to molest defenses...Chiefs don't want anyone that's so aggressive.

Dave Lane
09-22-2007, 01:32 AM
They're honestly morons.

Fixed your post...

Dave

Easy 6
09-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Mein Gott in Himmel, i cant wait until we pound teh MIGHTY WORLD CHAMPION vikes...to hear some of you talk, the Chiefs should just stay home, grill out & play Madden.

When we win, everyone needs to take a DEEP f@cking breath.

:arrow:

htismaqe
09-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Mein Gott in Himmel, i cant wait until we pound teh MIGHTY WORLD CHAMPION vikes...to hear some of you talk, the Chiefs should just stay home, grill out & play Madden.

When we win, everyone needs to take a DEEP f@cking breath.

:arrow:

If there's ANY hope for REAL change in Kansas City, winning this game would destroy it...

the Talking Can
09-22-2007, 08:09 AM
If there's ANY hope for REAL change in Kansas City, winning this game would destroy it...

ROFL

that's how I feel, but I'm trying to suppress it...Huard will start till week 10 probably if we win today..oh well, I still think we will win a close one...

htismaqe
09-22-2007, 08:13 AM
ROFL

that's how I feel, but I'm trying to suppress it...Huard will start till week 10 probably if we win today..oh well, I still think we will win a close one...

1 win, 2 losses...at the end of the day, we're not out of it, we're not out of it, we're in the hunt. And that's ooookkkaayyy...

StcChief
09-22-2007, 08:24 AM
It's Mike Martz and plethora of receivers :shrug:

Ugly Duck
09-22-2007, 10:13 AM
We're gonna pound Larry's dick into Casey Wiegmann's ass 40 times

Creepy juxtaposition of football and sexual fantasy...

RedThat
09-22-2007, 10:19 AM

I hope we lose because I want change.

If they lose this game, then next week they'll lose in SD. i'd like to see an 0-4 start.

Shag
09-22-2007, 10:38 AM

Actually, history shows that to be pretty accurate. Despite big names in the secondary, they ranked #32 in the league last year against the pass, and were torched last week by Kitna, before being injured. So far this season, they're ranked #25 in passing defense, and that's facing Joey Harrington and JT O'Sullivan (mostly).

That's not saying that the Chiefs have the coaching wherewithal or QB talent to exploit that, but that's definitely the weakness of that defense...

htismaqe
09-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Actually, history shows that to be pretty accurate. Despite big names in the secondary, they ranked #32 in the league last year against the pass, and were torched last week by Kitna, before being injured. So far this season, they're ranked #25 in passing defense, and that's facing Joey Harrington and JT O'Sullivan (mostly).

That's not saying that the Chiefs have the coaching wherewithal or QB talent to exploit that, but that's definitely the weakness of that defense...

They were 31st in the league last year in passing YARDS allowed.

They were FOURTH in passing TD's allowed, and FIFTH in the league in interceptions.

The yardage stat is way overrated, and VERY misleading.

Shag
09-22-2007, 11:04 AM

They were FOURTH in passing TD's allowed, and FIFTH in the league in interceptions.

I knew that one was coming... :)

I disagree that it's overrated - it's a true indicator of how effective a team can move a ball versus that defense. Sure, it's not the only stat, but it's a good indicator of where you can attack a team. You can't tell me that even after giving up the most passing yards in the entire NFL last year, that they're somehow a good pass defense. Kitna was throwing the ball around like there wasn't even a defensive secondary on the field...

They may be opportunistic, but it's where they are most vulnerable and it's not really close...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2007, 11:05 AM

I tend to disagree here. They still finished 6-10 with a historically good run D, and a pretty solid year from their RB.

Granted, their QB play was an absolute schschmortion, but a large part of their decline was due to the porousness of that pass D.

Antoine Winfield is overrated, IMO. Sharper is a declining player.

As far as the pimping of A.J. Hawk goes, I don't even think he was the best LB in that draft, let alone one of the 5 most talented in the league. I suppose you could say that's a different argument, but there are several other LBs I'd rather have than the world's ugliest man.

I don't think that we're going to win, but I also don't think that the Vikings D is as good as people make it out to be...but it is a horrible matchup for us.

I've said for a year and a half we should be running out of a 3 WR, 1 TE spread offense given our line's makeup, but that might make sense, so f*ck me.

Skip Towne
09-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Have you seen the World's Ugliest Man's girlriend?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Have you seen the World's Ugliest Man's girlriend?

Yes, she's hot as balls, but....

Just because she's a jock chaser, doesn't mean that he's not a fug monster.

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060729/060729_ajhawk_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

Jesus....

Skip Towne
09-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, she's hot as balls, but....

Just because she's a jock chaser, doesn't mean that he's not a fug monster.

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060729/060729_ajhawk_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

Jesus....
His face could stop an 8 day clock.

Easy 6
09-22-2007, 01:01 PM

When did Mecca shave his goatee???

TEX
09-22-2007, 02:38 PM

Nope. Because HERM is such a dumbass. :loser:

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 02:46 PM
guys...

the Vikings have played the Lions and Falcons...let's not pretend they have a better defense than Chicago.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 02:49 PM

Brian Urlacher got his first sack since 2005 last week and he was DPOY and garnered MVP consideration...

Finally, Gunther is sending DJ on blitzes and look what happened...(2 sacks last week)...

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 02:53 PM
does anyone notice that THE MAQ is never wrong and is ALWAYS arguing...that's all THE MAQ does...he hates the Chiefs and hates anyone that is optimistic in regards to the Chiefs...

GEE WIZ THE MAQ

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 02:56 PM

Jesus, guys... WTF?
I blame THE MAQ more than mecca...

His 'never wrong' button is very enticing too the casual fan...his negativity seeps into others (who aren't able to form their own opinion) and then we have a bunch of negative nancy's dancing around...

Shit, DJ has two sacks on the year...let's say he finishes with 10...they'll still be like 'well he should've gotten 20, DT got 20...' BLAH!

**** you negative faggots.

TEX
09-22-2007, 03:02 PM
does anyone notice that THE MAQ is never wrong and is ALWAYS arguing...that's all THE MAQ does...he hates the Chiefs and hates anyone that is optimistic in regards to the Chiefs...

GEE WIZ THE MAQ

Yep. But it's fun sometimes. He's even more this way since Huard was named the starter. He disappeared for a few days then came back more jaded than ever.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
THE MAQ
agree with him or you are WRONG (and dumb)

Skip Towne
09-22-2007, 03:16 PM
THE MAQ
agree with him or you are WRONG (and dumb)
And if you don't agree with Hootie you are dumb. And he will call you funny names.

Easy 6
09-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Theres no doubt that winning this will only prolong Huards reign & i am staunchly against that.

But theres also no way i can justify to myself rooting for another loss...in our home opener no less.

Theres only 1 logical end to this, it will just take a 'lil longer.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't think that we're going to win, but I also don't think that the Vikings D is as good as people make it out to be...but it is a horrible matchup for us.

Um, take a look at the title of the thread.

The Vikings pass D CAN be exploited. They also force a TON of turnovers.

The way to beat them is to pass the ball downfield. Which we won't do.

I knew that one was coming... :)

I disagree that it's overrated - it's a true indicator of how effective a team can move a ball versus that defense. Sure, it's not the only stat, but it's a good indicator of where you can attack a team. You can't tell me that even after giving up the most passing yards in the entire NFL last year, that they're somehow a good pass defense. Kitna was throwing the ball around like there wasn't even a defensive secondary on the field...

They may be opportunistic, but it's where they are most vulnerable and it's not really close...

See above.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 07:19 AM
guys...

the Vikings have played the Lions and Falcons...let's not pretend they have a better defense than Chicago.

guys...

the Vikings have played the Lions and Falcons...let's not pretend the Chiefs have a better offense than Atlanta and Detroit.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 07:25 AM
I blame THE MAQ more than mecca...

His 'never wrong' button is very enticing too the casual fan...his negativity seeps into others (who aren't able to form their own opinion) and then we have a bunch of negative nancy's dancing around...

Shit, DJ has two sacks on the year...let's say he finishes with 10...they'll still be like 'well he should've gotten 20, DT got 20...' BLAH!

**** you negative pillowbiters.

ROFL

The whole "never wrong" button is amusing. It let's everybody know just how old you are.

If DJ finishes with 10 sacks, I'll say I was wrong, just like I always do, and I'll be happy about it.

You just don't have any idea what you're talking about. You lack any sort of historical perspective.

See, I was THE resident homer on this board. I defended the Chiefs, their coaches, their players, and even Carl Peterson every chance I got. And THIS is what I got in return.

There's a reason I'm not jumping to defend DJ. Because I defended Ryan Sims, and Kawika Mitchell, and Eric Downing, and Snoop Minnis, and...and...and...

I'm sick and tired of defending the Chiefs and their draft picks. All they do is make me look stupid. I'm gonna be down on every last one of them until they prove me wrong. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Oh, and I love the slam on anybody that agrees with me. I'm sure telling everybody that they're too stupid to think for themselves is going to be popular...

Easy 6
09-23-2007, 07:52 AM
guys...

the Vikings have played the Lions and Falcons...let's not pretend the Chiefs have a better offense than Atlanta and Detroit.

I would definitely put us above Atlanta...top to bottom.

Huard is friggin Bart Starr compared to Joey "WHOA" Harrington.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 08:00 AM
I would definitely put us above Atlanta...top to bottom.

Huard is friggin Bart Starr compared to Joey "WHOA" Harrington.

We're 31st in points and 28th in yards.

Atlanta is 32nd in points and 27th in yards.

Atlanta is bad, granted. But let's not pretend we're better.

Easy 6
09-23-2007, 08:07 AM

I bet by mid-season, our O will atleast have climbed to middle of the pack, while Atl will still be wallowing in the mire.

We have the talent to be better than this, they dont IMO.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 08:17 AM
I bet by mid-season, our O will atleast have climbed to middle of the pack, while Atl will still be wallowing in the mire.

We have the talent to be better than this, they dont IMO.

They have infinitely better offensive coaching, though. I bet it balances out in the end.

Zouk
09-23-2007, 08:31 AM

I wish there was a moratorium on using these rank stats until about week 8. We haven't even played a home game yet.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I wish there was a moratorium on using these rank stats until about week 8. We haven't even played a home game yet.

Neither has Atlanta. They played Minnesota and Jacksonville on the road. They just got done facing two of the top 3 tackle tandems in the league.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 09:12 AM
ROFL

The whole "never wrong" button is amusing. It let's everybody know just how old you are.

If DJ finishes with 10 sacks, I'll say I was wrong, just like I always do, and I'll be happy about it.

You just don't have any idea what you're talking about. You lack any sort of historical perspective.

See, I was THE resident homer on this board. I defended the Chiefs, their coaches, their players, and even Carl Peterson every chance I got. And THIS is what I got in return.

There's a reason I'm not jumping to defend DJ. Because I defended Ryan Sims, and Kawika Mitchell, and Eric Downing, and Snoop Minnis, and...and...and...

I'm sick and tired of defending the Chiefs and their draft picks. All they do is make me look stupid. I'm gonna be down on every last one of them until they prove me wrong. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Oh, and I love the slam on anybody that agrees with me. I'm sure telling everybody that they're too stupid to think for themselves is going to be popular...

Come on, Hootie. I hung it out there for you. Why are you avoiding it? :hmmm:

Zouk
09-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Neither has Atlanta. They played Minnesota and Jacksonville on the road. They just got done facing two of the top 3 tackle tandems in the league.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I'm saying the stat is meaningless for both KC and Atlanta.

All teams that started with 2 road games are winless so far.

Easy 6
09-23-2007, 09:31 AM
This is way off the subject, but i just had to vent.

I'm watching the football preview on FSN as they interview Matt Schaub & of course they show Johnsons long bomb.

The shot gets a real good look at Ron Edwards on an OBVIOUS pass play...the guy makes NO effort to get past his man, just rides along with him parallel to the LOS.

No arm maneuvers, no slanting...no NOTHING...i have 0 faith in that guy...zilch...he's a TERRIBLE Cover2 DT.

There, i feel much better.

The Bad Guy
09-23-2007, 09:36 AM

EJ Henderson isn't close to being as good against the run as Nap. He may be better in coverage, but it's hard to argue that Nap is some sloutch.

Greenway as good as DJ? Since when? He's played exactly 2 games, and DJ's game against the Bears last week was 10x better than anything Greenway put up the first 2 weeks.

I understand you've taken a complete 180 and everything about this team sucks, but this is Dr. Doom territory.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm saying the stat is meaningless for both KC and Atlanta.

All teams that started with 2 road games are winless so far.

Well then, to be fair, both sides are bringing it up. It isn't just me.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 09:49 AM
EJ Henderson isn't close to being as good against the run as Nap. He may be better in coverage, but it's hard to argue that Nap is some sloutch.

Greenway as good as DJ? Since when? He's played exactly 2 games, and DJ's game against the Bears last week was 10x better than anything Greenway put up the first 2 weeks.

I understand you've taken a complete 180 and everything about this team sucks, but this is Dr. Doom territory.

I never said Nap is a slouch. But we've got people on here pretending that EJ Henderson IS, and he's arguably better than what we have.

As for the Greenway vs. DJ debate, DJ had a great game last week. He's had great games before and disappeared afterwards for large stretches. I hope you're not trying to argue that DJ has lived up to the hype...

boogblaster
09-23-2007, 09:50 AM
We'll dink & dunk the short shit ...probably more than running plays...hope it will be enough ...

The Bad Guy
09-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I never said Nap is a slouch. But we've got people on here pretending that EJ Henderson IS, and he's arguably better than what we have.

As for the Greenway vs. DJ debate, DJ had a great game last week. He's had great games before and disappeared afterwards for large stretches. I hope you're not trying to argue that DJ has lived up to the hype...

I think DJ has had flashes of being very good.

What exactly has Greenway flashed?

I know you're an Iowa guy, but there is no reason to even have this argument.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 10:55 AM
I think DJ has had flashes of being very good.

What exactly has Greenway flashed?

I know you're an Iowa guy, but there is no reason to even have this argument.

You watched the two Vikings games this year? What Greenway has flashed is the exact thing DJ hasn't - the ability to operate in space.

I have to admit, it sure is fun watching DJ getting faked out of his joke and falling down as the ballcarrier goes by...

Demonpenz
09-23-2007, 10:59 AM
DJ is fine. I don't even think he was that hyped up considering he was Defensive player of the year in college. Anyone who has ever played sports knows that big turnovers come in bunches. DJ gets to balls with his speed he will start creating some. I am not worried about him he will be a solid player for years to come.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 11:00 AM
DJ is fine. I don't even think he was that hyped up considering he was Defensive player of the year in college. Anyone who has ever played sports knows that big turnovers come in bunches. DJ gets to balls with his speed he will start creating some. I am not worried about him he will be a solid player for years to come.

Were you here the year he was drafted?

He wasn't gonna be a "solid player". He was gonna be the next Derrick Thomas...

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 11:06 AM
ROFL

I don't mind this post...

I think you're being overly hard on DJ, that's all...

The guy is a player...

The Bad Guy
09-23-2007, 11:13 AM
You watched the two Vikings games this year? What Greenway has flashed is the exact thing DJ hasn't - the ability to operate in space.

I have to admit, it sure is fun watching DJ getting faked out of his joke and falling down as the ballcarrier goes by...

I guess you must have missed DJ's sack in space, the first drive against the Texans that he filled on.

I can re-hash this at the end of the year to show how stupid it is.

After 2 games this year, DJ has played great.

You want to reference one missed tackle, but want to ignore the 5-6 huge plays he has made this year.

Demonpenz
09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Were you here the year he was drafted?

He wasn't gonna be a "solid player". He was gonna be the next Derrick Thomas...

I was here and I watched most of the games that DJ played on and I said that he was more Derrick brooks than Derrick Thomas. His knock was he couldn't get off of blocks. I think he has done a great job getting his pad level low and blowing up plays head on and going sideline to sideline. I don't remember the HYPE there wasn't any nike commercials or under armor deals no espn love on him.

The Bad Guy
09-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I was here and I watched most of the games that DJ played on and I said that he was more Derrick brooks than Derrick Thomas. His knock was he couldn't get off of blocks. I think he has done a great job getting his pad level low and blowing up plays head on and going sideline to sideline. I don't remember the HYPE there wasn't any nike commercials or under armor deals no espn love on him.

Agreed.

Anyone with a brain knew he wasn't going to be Derrick Thomas. He's not a guy who was good with his hand on the ground.

Demonpenz
09-23-2007, 11:42 AM
DJ will get his turnovers eventually.

CupidStunt
09-23-2007, 11:48 AM

Hahahaha.... just ROFL

Greenway's as good as Derrick Johnson after two games? Fuggin' Iowa homer; Greenway hasn't proven dick.

EJ Henderson better than Nap in pass coverage?

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.