PDA

View Full Version : Dude, just has to be a little ticked

Mr. Laz
09-21-2007, 10:05 PM
i was looking for a Direct tivo to buy on Ebay and notice this guy was selling one and he was obviously trying to make a few extra bucks on shipping. It was 5-10 dollars more than it should of been. Then i noticed that nobody was bidding on the item so i checked it out. The sellar had a pretty bad feedback pretty recently. I looked at the rest of his feedbacks and he had positives on all the rest ... prolly a 100 or so.

so figure what the heck ...... i'll low bid and it will be worth the risk even with the feedback issue.

i was surprised when the bid held. :)

most people are going High Def ...... but $16.50 for a regular Directivo is still pretty good.

PBJ PBJ

got it today and it's in good condition and works like a charm.

he can't be too happy :p

Mr. Kotter
09-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Congrats. :thumb:

....cheap bastard..... :p

TinyEvel
09-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Welcome to three years ago.
:shrug:

Simply Red
09-21-2007, 10:46 PM
i was looking for a Direct tivo to buy on Ebay and notice this guy was selling one and he was obviously trying to make a few extra bucks on shipping. It was 5-10 dollars more than it should of been. Then i noticed that nobody was bidding on the item so i checked it out. The sellar had a pretty bad feedback pretty recently. I looked at the rest of his feedbacks and he had positives on all the rest ... prolly a 100 or so.

so figure what the heck ...... i'll low bid and it will be worth the risk even with the feedback issue.

i was surprised when the bid held. :)

most people are going High Def ...... but $16.50 for a regular Directivo is still pretty good.

PBJ PBJ

got it today and it's in good condition and works like a charm.

he can't be too happy :p
hey, I was pissed when my 299.00 Prada's sold for 45.00. But part of the deal.

Simplex3
09-21-2007, 10:57 PM
hey, I was pissed when my 299.00 Prada's sold for 45.00. But part of the deal.
Just be glad I didn't find out you owned Pradas. I would have had to revoke your man card.

chiefsfan987
09-22-2007, 02:41 AM
He probably stole it in the first place and is just happy to get rid of it for something.

kepp
09-22-2007, 08:26 AM
i was looking for a Direct tivo to buy on Ebay...
So its the actual TiVO brand? I need to get another one. We have the TiVO downstairs and its great. Then we got DirecTV's DVR upstairs and it sucks...always cutting off shows...or not recording them...etc.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2007, 10:20 AM
So its the actual TiVO brand? I need to get another one. We have the TiVO downstairs and its great. Then we got DirecTV's DVR upstairs and it sucks...always cutting off shows...or not recording them...etc.

yep ... tivo brand still sell all the time on Ebay

http://search.ebay.com/SD-DVR40_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQsatitleZSDQ2dDVR40

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2007, 11:13 AM
It reminds me of the time that I bought mine new.....for free.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2007, 12:07 PM
It reminds me of the time that I bought mine new.....for free.
any cute and cuddly puppies nearby for you to kick?

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Just be glad I didn't find out you owned Pradas. I would have had to revoke your man card.I don't think he was ever issued one...

David.
09-22-2007, 02:17 PM
I work at radioshack and there have been multiple times where we've sold tivo's for $219 with a $220 Mail-in Rebate. :shrug:

Skip Towne
09-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I work at radioshack and there have been multiple times where we've sold tivo's for $219 with a $220 Mail-in Rebate. :shrug:
Why do all these companies want to use rebates? Is sending shit back and forth more economical?

David.
09-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Why do all these companies want to use rebates? Is sending shit back and forth more economical?

Basically they count on the fact that about 1 in 4 or 5 people are too lazy/dumb to actually do the correct procedure to get the rebate back. You'd be surprised how many people will bring me back a rebate 4 months after I've sold them a phone when the rebate is already expired and ask me how to fill the form out.

Basic corporate deviousness.

greg63
09-22-2007, 02:32 PM

I think it's because they know most people won't take the time to bother with them.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2007, 02:43 PM
they no longer make Directv Tivo's

why are so many people determined to crap on my parade? :cuss:

Anyong Bluth
09-22-2007, 03:01 PM
There's talk of Directv bringing back a tivo option.

Comcast is about to introduce tivo boxes, but the difference is the box won't actually have to be Tivo manufactured, you download their interface into your box and you get the Tivo style remote sent to you. It's supposed to be like 5 bucks a month, and I'll be jumping all over that in a heartbeat.

Tivo is lightyears better than any other setup. Not to mention I love reprogramming the remote for extra features and customizing it!!

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Tivo is lightyears better than any other setup. Not to mention I love reprogramming the remote for extra features and customizing it!!Eh. I've had Tivo. I now have a Dish DVR. It has the same functionality.

crazycoffey
09-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I have a direct TV Tivo brand, not too bad, older...