PDA

View Full Version : Octoberfest and Pumpkin Ales

runnercyclist
09-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Haven't brewed mine yet but will shortly. I like this time of year. Get to tast some different brews.

I had the DogfishHead Punkin Ale this week. Too much allspice. It dominated the flavor.

Phobia
09-22-2007, 08:35 AM
I've never had a pumpkin ale I enjoyed. I stopped buying them.

runnercyclist
09-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I've never had a pumpkin ale I enjoyed. I stopped buying them.

Stop by the house on Halloween. I've yet to have anyone not enjoy mine :toast:

Phobia
09-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Imperial or Charleston?

Smed1065
09-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Tast?

Smed1065
09-22-2007, 08:47 AM
The fall is the best beer and best time of year. IMO.

Beer, football and Halloween. (In the old days, A priest always worked because they wanted to be blessed)

I am going to start a show based on the ingredients.

StcChief
09-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Sam's Oktoberfest is good.

Schlafly's Oktoberfest .... ok

haven't tried the Beck's Oktoberfest but they are a yearly favorite

Dartgod
09-22-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm not big on pumpkin ales, but I love the Oktoberfest offerings this time of year.

I'll have to run out to Lukas Liquors and see what's available.

Phobia
09-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Sam's Oktoberfest is good.

Schlafly's Oktoberfest .... ok

haven't tried the Beck's Oktoberfest but they are a yearly favorite

Yeah, the Sam Adams Oktoberfest left something to be desired for me. It wasn't bad, it just didn't grab my senses like a quality Oktoberfest normally does. I just love the Warstener Oktoberfest. Waldo Pizza usually has it this time of year.

StcChief
09-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah, the Sam Adams Oktoberfest left something to be desired for me. It wasn't bad, it just didn't grab my senses like a quality Oktoberfest normally does. I just love the Warstener Oktoberfest. Waldo Pizza usually has it this time of year.

had the Sam's Oktoberfest on draft last nite it was smooth and enjoyable....I have a 6er of Schlafly,Sam now.

The Schlafly I was less than impressed with.

will look for Warstener haven't seen it.

Beck's Oktoberfest is usually very good. (despite the baby blue label)

it's out here now will get some today we will see.

runnercyclist
09-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Imperial or Charleston?

Imperial. IF I take the job, I wouldn't buy a house until around Thanksgiving.

Spicy McHaggis
09-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Been drinking the Capital Brewery Oktoberfest up here in Madison, quite tasty.

JuicesFlowing
09-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Blue Moon's Pumpkin Ale is the only one I've tried and it was okay. Sam Adam's makes the best Octoberfest.

StcChief
09-22-2007, 05:12 PM
The Beck's Oktoberfest is very smooth.... Better than Sam Adams IMO.

MichaelH
09-22-2007, 05:53 PM
The Harpoon Oktoberfest is very good. I have seen some pumpkin beers for sale but I've never tried them. Somehow pumpkin beer doesn't sound good to me.

http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/harpoon/Image/labels/beer_photos/ofest_bg200x367.jpg

Jilly
09-22-2007, 06:17 PM
The fall is the best beer and best time of year. IMO.

Beer, football and Halloween. (In the old days, A priest always worked because they wanted to be blessed)

I am going to start a show based on the ingredients.

:clap: agreed. I play sand volleyball through mid October, so I would throw that in the mix because it's freaking awesome to play with a chill in the air and a cold brew...

ChiefaRoo
09-22-2007, 06:53 PM
:clap: agreed. I play sand volleyball through mid October, so I would throw that in the mix because it's freaking awesome to play with a chill in the air and a cold brew...

Do you play in those little tight shorts?

Jilly
09-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Do you play in those little tight shorts?

no, i don't like sand in my va jay jay

ChiefaRoo
09-22-2007, 07:07 PM
no, i don't like sand in my va jay jay

Then I'm not coming to watch. hrumph.

Jilly
09-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Then I'm not coming to watch. hrumph.

you can just come to drink then!! :D

Shag
09-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Summit Oktoberfest is quite tasty. Not sure if distributed down in the KC area or not...

runnercyclist
09-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I bought a case of Buffalo Bills Pumpkin Ale today. It is brewed in Hayward, CA and claims to be the original pumpkin ale. Flavor again dominated by all spice. Not bad though.

I also bought a case of Victory Festbier. A very nice Octoberfest lager.

Lzen
09-22-2007, 10:18 PM

Really? Wow. I absolutely love the Sam Adams Octoberfest. I'm drinking that right now. Mmmmmmm.

QuikSsurfer
09-22-2007, 10:18 PM
this thread made me pick up a 6er of sam adams octoberfest - never had it before. pretty good. prettaaaaay, prettaaaaay good.

Phobia
09-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Really? Wow. I absolutely love the Sam Adams Octoberfest. I'm drinking that right now. Mmmmmmm.
Don't get me wrong. I liked it - it just didn't blow me away like others have.

runnercyclist
09-23-2007, 07:38 AM
this thread made me pick up a 6er of sam adams octoberfest - never had it before. pretty good. prettaaaaay, prettaaaaay good.

If I can improve just one life, my work here is done...

JuicesFlowing
08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm bumping this thread because it's that time of year ... I am ready for some Oktoberfest beers! Might try some new ones this year, but I usually like Leinenkugel and Sam Adams.

StcChief
08-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah. Schlafly and Sam Oktoberfest are here now.... Had the Schlafly's solid.

Will give a Sam Adams report later, taking some to a BBQ. MU/Ill watch party.

Looking for the local stuff at Augusta and Square One Microbrews here soon.

1st Sat in October for all that to do serious micro sampling for $25 tax deductable day party with music/food.