PDA

View Full Version : Hootie shows confidence in Chiefs D

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Starting them (and Huard) over the Bears (and McNabb) in a $100.00 winner-takes-all fantasy league.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1858/kcgu9.jpg

doomy3
09-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Definitely worth its own thread.

the Talking Can
09-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Hootie takes a wide stance with Huard.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Huard is going to throw at least two TD passes tomorrow and the Chiefs D is going to score some sick points!

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 09:02 PM
and I'm an ESPN FANTASY GAMES LEGEND! So I know my sheeeezay.

Mecca
09-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Ahaha I hope you have fun with Huards 2 points....

Chiefs defense is a decent play, Huard not so much.

the Talking Can
09-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I like our defense.

but its wasted on our uber-shitty QB...

banyon
09-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Does your league award points for "seconds spent in fetal position"?

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Ahaha I hope you have fun with Huards 2 points....

Chiefs defense is a decent play, Huard not so much.
He's played pretty poorly the first two weeks (against equally tough defenses - if not better AND on the road) and he's had more than 2 points each week.

Mecca
09-22-2007, 09:09 PM
In that Houston game he probably got very few points unless you have funky scoring......200 yards, 0 TD's and 2 Int's usually equals about 4 points.

dj56dt58
09-22-2007, 09:10 PM
wow..your starting Huard against Minnies D over McNabb against Detroit? I think McNabb is overrated, and while I agree with the defense pick(chi faces Dal and Kc creates turnovers and sacks the qb), the qb pick is just...dumb

I will gladly admit I was wrong if Huard throws 5 td passes however

Mecca
09-22-2007, 09:11 PM
The Chiefs may be good for 1 TD tomorrow, that's about what this offense has shown.

And yes this Minnesota D is really good.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 09:14 PM
wow..your starting Huard against Minnies D over McNabb against Detroit? I think McNabb is overrated, and while I agree with the defense pick(chi faces Dal and Kc creates turnovers and sacks the qb), the qb pick is just...dumb

I will gladly admit I was wrong if Huard throws 5 td passes however
you haven't watched McNabb play thus far, apparently...

He sucks (not accurate), and more importantly, his receivers suck.

HOWEVER

I might re-think the Huard over McNabb decision around gametime, because I'm just now remembering how Josh McCown tore up that secondary week 1.

Mecca
09-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Considering how the Lions play offense they'll make the Eagles pass...and Andy Reid loves passing anyway.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 09:16 PM
The Chiefs may be good for 1 TD tomorrow, that's about what this offense has shown.

And yes this Minnesota D is really good.
San Diego's D was really good when we played them last year (at home) and Huard tore them up...

Huard played well in every home game last year...

What makes you think he won't play good tomorrow?

This Vikings D has much to prove - they've played THE LIONS and THE FALCONS...

Seriously...

Harrington and 1/2 Kitna, 1/2 O'Sullivan...

It's not hard to look Chicago Bears-esque against those shitty offenses...

ARROWHEAD

doomy3
09-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I would also play Cooley over Winslow this week. THe Giants D is awful.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I would also play Cooley over Winslow this week. THe Giants D is awful.
I haven't gotten that far yet, but after last week, I'm probably going to stick with Winslow...

Cooley had a nice TD grab last week, but he isn't targeted nearly as much as Winslow.

doomy3
09-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I haven't gotten that far yet, but after last week, I'm probably going to stick with Winslow...

Cooley had a nice TD grab last week, but he isn't targeted nearly as much as Winslow.

He will be this week. Oakland's LBs and secondary are WAY better than New York's

dj56dt58
you haven't watched McNabb play thus far, apparently...

He sucks (not accurate), and more importantly, his receivers suck.

HOWEVER

I might re-think the Huard over McNabb decision around gametime, because I'm just now remembering how Josh McCown tore up that secondary week 1.
What? Haven't you heard? McNabb doesn't suck, He's just black.

Seriously, Your right McNabb does suck..but you still take him against Detroits D over Huard against Minnies..

However Huard did play wel at home last season so I'm gonna change my mind and say stick with Huard, I think he'll break out tomorrow

Mecca
Damon Huard is Damon Huard, it's time to realize that last year was the exception. He's going to play more like what he really is now....

He's not going to "tear up" anyone this year.

Mecca
09-22-2007, 09:21 PM
What? Haven't you heard? McNabb doesn't suck, He's just black.

Seriously, Your right McNabb does suck..but you still take him against Detroits D over Huard against Minnies..

However Huard did play wel at home last season so I'm gonna change my mind and say stick with Huard, I think he'll break out tomorrow

LOL......

I think the Chiefs will have an extremely hard time moving the ball in this game let alone anyone breaking out.

Skip Towne
09-22-2007, 09:28 PM
and I'm an ESPN FANTASY GAMES LEGEND! So I know my sheeeezay.
YOU'RE A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND. NO TELLING HOW SMART YOU'LL BE WHEN YOU GROW UP.

dj56dt58
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
LOL......

I think the Chiefs will have an extremely hard time moving the ball in this game let alone anyone breaking out.
I'm tryin to think positive here...Damon is 6-0 at home and I see this game being somewhat like the niners game last year, except I don't see us scoring over 30..but I think we're gonna finally put up some points. We can't average 6.5 pts all year can we? Mark my words..we're scoring at least 24 tomorrow and Huard is throwin for 2 tds

mylittlepony
09-23-2007, 01:10 AM
This Vikings D has much to prove - they've played THE LIONS and THE FALCONS...

Seriously...

Harrington and 1/2 Kitna, 1/2 O'Sullivan...

ARROWHEAD

Bravo :clap: exactly my sentiments. Same thing could go for the Vikes Offence they managed to score only 1 TD against the Detroit lions Defence and we're tons better then them.

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Hootie2485.... get ready to have your AIM spammed.

shrek6849
09-23-2007, 02:25 AM
You have basically become GoChiefs with a gimmick. Both crave attention, but each goes different ways about attaining it.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 03:10 AM
You have basically become GoChiefs with a gimmick. Both crave attention, but each goes different ways about attaining it.
well gollee gee darn

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 06:06 AM

Once again, you act like Atlanta and Detroit are "shitty" offenses, and ours isn't.

Somebody needs to go to NFL.com.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Once again, you act like Atlanta and Detroit are "shitty" offenses, and ours isn't.

Somebody needs to go to NFL.com.
you haven't seen our offense @ Arrowhead yet...

it's ok though, you will today, and I'll reference this post to LOL @ you (again)...

But as usual, you'll be all 'omg I'm THE MAQ, I'm always right' so it doesn't matter...

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 08:06 AM
you haven't seen our offense @ Arrowhead yet...

it's ok though, you will today, and I'll reference this post to LOL @ you (again)...

But as usual, you'll be all 'omg I'm THE MAQ, I'm always right' so it doesn't matter...

I'll admit I'm wrong, just like I always do.

One would think your sense of dignity and pride would kick in at some point.

Of course, you're college-age and spend all of your time acting like a moron on an Internet message board.

Do you need some money to buy some Clearasil?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 08:18 AM
THE MAQ

Priest4Prez
09-23-2007, 08:34 AM
I know this might sound like a very negative comment, but wat makes u think a change of scenery will instantly improve our shitty o? Usually when teams play at home, it boosts the defense's confidence and they make plays they normally wouldn't make at home.

Also, Huard might throw a couple of tds because of the talent of Bowe and TG, not because he will break loose. I can see it now: "Huard drops back, picks his nose, and throws a wounded duck pass towards TG and 5 Viking defenders. TOUCHDOWN KC!

Trust me, Huard might get lucky today, but that doesn't make him good. Also, when i go to san diego, should i hold up my Go Home Huard sign with a picture of him on the bench, or my Put in Croyle sign?

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 08:47 AM
THE MAQ

Exactly what I thought. You've got zilch.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Exactly what I thought. You've got zilch.
Ha

Because all you want to do is argue.

You come on here looking for an argument.

REAL cool/mature/are you sure you're not 22?!

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Have you checked out huard's numbers at home last year...simply incredible

117.1 QB rating, 65% completion with an unheard of 9.7 yards per attempt... his road numbers were pretty average, but damn he played well at arrowhead.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Have you checked out huard's numbers at home last year...simply incredible

117.1 QB rating, 65% completion with an unheard of 9.7 yards per attempt... his road numbers were pretty average, but damn he played well at arrowhead.
Yeah, BUT

hahaha

don't worry

I CANNOT wait until the Chiefs make the playoffs, I'll have the same laugh as I did when Huard resigned, Huard was named starter, the Chiefs made the playoffs last year, Huard proved he was better for the Chiefs than Green last year, etc. etc. etc.

THE MAQ
doesn't have shit on Hootie

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Personally i'd rather have Croyle start, but nothing i can do about that.
I just decided to look at how Huard fared last year and he had some pathetic games on the road last year...just like this year...at home though he played very well.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Ha

Because all you want to do is argue.

You come on here looking for an argument.

REAL cool/mature/are you sure you're not 22?!

You've got me pegged. You know everything. You're the smartest person in the world.

After all, that's why YOU are here, right?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Yep. Smartest person in the world...

A fan of a team who'd rather see them win 9 games as opposed to 3...

What a terrible fan I am.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Yep. Smartest person in the world...

A fan of a team who'd rather see them win 9 games as opposed to 3...

What a terrible fan I am.

I've only been a fan since the early 80's. I've only suffered through 5 times the number of losing seasons you have. I'm a terrible fan.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm real sorry that you're older than I am...

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Obviously, I'm wiser as well...

But you're much, much smarter than me. All one has to do is ask you.

banyon
09-23-2007, 09:56 AM

Wow that's the kind of comeback usually reserved for dilletante trophy wives. Dudes usually understand the concept of time and don't try to insult people for their inability to place themselves at a specific point in the continuum.

htismaqe
09-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Wow that's the kind of comeback usually reserved for dilletante trophy wives. Dudes usually understand the concept of time and don't try to insult people for their inability to place themselves at a specific point in the continuum.

Obviously, me being older is relevant to Hootie, because it's the ONLY reason I've been a fan for so long.

What the CHIEFS have done during that time period has no bearing on the situation. I'm a bad fan.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 09:59 AM
THE MAQ
always looking for that next argument

and take anything Banyon says towards me with a BIG grain of salt...we have a lot of anti-hootie people around here (because of the Huard/Green thing last year), and Banyon happens to be the ringleader.

Sorry, Trent Green FOR life!

banyon
09-23-2007, 10:01 AM
THE MAQ
always looking for that next argument

and take anything Banyon says towards me with a BIG grain of salt...we have a lot of anti-hootie people around here (because of the Huard/Green thing last year), and Banyon happens to be the ringleader.

Sorry, Trent Green FOR life!

I'm the ringleader? Hell I'm a DC whore. I barely post in the lounge at all. Surely someone else berates you more on this inanity?

Skip Towne
09-23-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm real sorry.
I agree, you are sorry.

Coach
09-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Looks like that I'm not confident with this defense.

banyon
09-23-2007, 11:18 AM
How many fantasy points you got so far Hootie?

Coach
09-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Hell of a confidence when Damon Turd is really ****ing up the place.

Coach
09-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Should had been 21-3 instead of 10-3.

banyon
09-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Good thing you put McNabb on the Bench, huh?

He's only got 4 TD's and 300 yards ...at the half. LMAO

Hutard: 37 yards, 1 fumble 0 TD's.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Good thing you put McNabb on the Bench, huh?

He's only got 4 TD's and 300 yards ...at the half. LMAO

Hutard: 37 yards, 1 fumble 0 TD's.
I ended up starting McNabb over Huard ;)

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
LT
LJ
Ronnie Brown

How do I work my magic??!?!

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8062/ffltradebc5.jpg

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Team:

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5379/teammu9.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
10-05-2007, 09:43 PM
That league is pretty ghey. 2 QBs and and extra spot for a OP? But you only have to start 1 Rb if you wanted to....weird.

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2007, 09:47 PM
That league is pretty ghey. 2 QBs and and extra spot for a OP? But you only have to start 1 Rb if you wanted to....weird.
It's a WEIRD league...

I ****ed up big time...

I took Portis over Romo and IMMEDIATELY regretted it when he was taken a pick later...couldn't believe I allowed myself to slip up like that.

I do, easily, have the best team...I was spot on with a lot of my sleeper picks, and Ronnie Brown managed to fall to the 6th round (like he was in ALL of my leagues, it was ridiculous, I told myself I was going to have a good year if Ronnie had a good year, or a bad year if he didn't because I literally have him in 4 of 5 leagues...)

You have to admit, LJ/LT/Ronnie is a scary trio...throw in one of those WR's/QB's or LenDale as my OP and when Andre Johnson gets healthy again...watch out!

This isn't any big deal, though...only a $25.00 winner take all fantasy league, which is why I have 5 friggin' Chiefs (way too many players to have on one team) Huard/LJ/Bowe/Gonzalez/Chiefs D...

L.A. Chieffan
10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
You're running backs are good but QBs account for so many points it'll be tough to keep up with some guy who's got Manning and Favre or something like that. That's why most (legit) leagues you only start 1. Starting 2 is lame.

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2007, 09:59 PM
You're running backs are good but QBs account for so many points it'll be tough to keep up with some guy who's got Manning and Favre or something like that. That's why most (legit) leagues you only start 1. Starting 2 is lame.
RB's are always the top scorers in ESPN leagues...

What you should've said was, QB's account for MUCH MORE consistency, because they're always going to pass for 200 yards and a TD (most of the time) which is 12 points...

but no QB is capable of what LT, LJ or even Ronnie Brown can do...200 total yards and 2 TD's is 32 points...that would be equivalent to a 300 yard passing and 5 TD game for a QB...

Consistency is also extremely hard to find at the RB position, but I have three great ones, and a good spot starter (LenDale)...

Personally, I think QB is the easiest position to fill in an ESPN league...

Now, I'm in other leagues that are totally QB heavy...too the point where 6 or 7 QB's are taken in the first round...

HemiEd
10-05-2007, 10:02 PM
I've only been a fan since the early 80's. I've only suffered through 5 times the number of losing seasons you have. I'm a terrible fan.
STFU n00b!

L.A. Chieffan
10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
RB's are always the top scorers in ESPN leagues...

WRONG. I'm looking at my ESPN league right now and out of the top eight point earners 7 of them are Qbs. The one that's not? A WR. Moss.
Your magic sucks.

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2007, 10:13 PM
WRONG. I'm looking at my ESPN league right now and out of the top eight point earners 7 of them are Qbs. The one that's not? A WR. Moss.
Your magic sucks.
well this is incorrect:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaders

and this year QB's have been off to an unusual strong start...

and here were the top scorers last year:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/freeagency?leagueId=109019&teamId=10&avail=-1

Top 3 RB's...

L.A. Chieffan
10-05-2007, 10:14 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/freeagency?leagueId=186537&avail=-1

L.A. Chieffan
10-05-2007, 10:15 PM
different types of leagues I guess

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2007, 10:25 PM
different types of leagues I guess
that isn't traditional ESPN scoring you're using...

4 points for a TD
1 point for every 25 yards passing

that's traditional, fantasy football scoring...

the link you posted gives 6 points for touchdown passes...which makes your league a QB league rather than a RB league...

I am in leagues where a passing TD inside of 9 yards is worth 6 points, 10-39 9 points, 40+ 12 points and if a QB rushes for a TD it's double points (12, 18, 24) and same for a RB if he were to throw a TD pass or catch a TD pass...

But a STANDARD ESPN league is most definitely a RB league.