PDA

View Full Version : The Washington Chiefs

NaptownChief
05-30-2001, 07:41 PM
Coach Marty Schottenheimer has said that the primary candidate for the back-up tailback position is Greg Hill, a free agent whom Schottenheimer coached in Kansas City...

Add another Chief connection to the Skins...I hope they win as many championships in Washington as they brought to KC...

:D

milkman
05-30-2001, 07:57 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that Marty will bring DC just as many titles as he brought to KC.
The milkman
singing his one note once again.

morphius
05-30-2001, 08:09 PM
Milkman - I have to agree with, I really hope he falls flat on his butt, which is looking very likely with everyone that has gone on so far out there.

Phobia
05-30-2001, 08:34 PM
from ESPN's roundup:

Redskins name Seahawks' Schneider VP of player personnel
ASHBURN, Va. Washington Redskins coach Marty Schottenheimer chose another familiar face to be his No. 2 man, reaching an agreement in principle Wednesday to hire John Schneider for the new position of vice president of player personnel.

Schneider will manage the scout staff and oversee preparations for the NFL draft. His hiring takes a tremendous load off Schottenheimer, who has been running virtually every football-related aspect of the franchise since becoming head coach and director of football operations in January.

Schneider essentially replaces Vinny Cerrato, the former director of player personnel who was fired shortly after Schottenheimer came to town.

Schottenheimer has surrounded himself with players, coaches and other personnel from his tenure with the Kansas City Chiefs, and Schneider is no exception.

The 30-year-old Schneider spent three years in the Kansas City front office before moving last year to the Seattle Seahawks, where he was director of player personnel.

Schottenheimer interviewed several candidates, including former Chicago Bears executive Mark Hatley, former Philadelphia Eagles executive Tom Modrak and Redskins scout Ron Nay.

milkman
05-30-2001, 08:51 PM
That team is shaping up nicely into a playoff-loser calibre team.

Skip Towne
05-31-2001, 06:39 AM
I'll take Marty any time. He wins much more than he loses. He just needs to let someone else call the plays.

morphius
05-31-2001, 08:18 AM
Skip - Marty didn't call his own plays while he was here, at least not that I know of.

alanm
05-31-2001, 08:25 AM
You know what would really be ironic? If Marty finally wins that Lombardi trophy in D.C. Ya just never know. :rolleyes:

morphius
05-31-2001, 08:52 AM
Alan - That would take a miracle with the coordinaters that he hired out there.

keg in kc
05-31-2001, 08:58 AM
They have a tremendous amount of talent on that team, maybe even enough to cover coaching ineptitude...

morphius
05-31-2001, 09:13 AM
Keg - I'm not sure there is enough talent in the NFL to make up for that level of ineptitude, Jimmy Raye might be excusable, but his brother as DC and Stock as ST is just setting a team up to fail.

milkman
05-31-2001, 06:41 PM
Marty will never go to or win a SB, until and unless he learns that to win in the playoffs you must attack the defense when you have the ball.

I've said this many times. And I lied. I will very likely say this many more times.

If Marty lasts 5 years in DC, he will approach what I have now dubbed "Knoxville".
Chuck Knox has the most regular season victories as a HC to never have appeared in the SB. If Marty averages 10 wins a season over the next 5 seasons, he will surpass Knox, and he will do it in 2 less years.

California Injun
05-31-2001, 06:54 PM
What the heck is Greg Hill thinking?

This guy got the hook more than those horrible acts on Vaudeville.

Greg's nickname should be "Snagglepuss"

"Exit, stage left, after I rumbled for 35 yards.."