PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Make It A Better NBA Final?

kcfanintitanhell
05-30-2001, 10:02 PM
I just watched the finish of game 5 between the Sixers and Bucks. Although I am rooting for the Bucks, I think the Lakers would have them for lunch if they made it to the final round, although I may be missing something. I think LA and Philadelphia would make a much more interesting series-at least it would go five games instead of four-

morphius
05-30-2001, 10:03 PM
Maybe Duke...

kcfanintitanhell
05-30-2001, 10:07 PM
I would bet Tony G could assemble a pickup team that might be able to compete.

California Injun
05-30-2001, 11:06 PM
The Eastern Conference is pathetic.

Mutumbo will get snapped in half by Shaq.

Iverson cannot keep throwing 6-28 nights up and expect the Sixers to stay close. If he gets 50 points, the Sixers lose by 10. If he gets 20-25 they lose by 20+.

The Bucks have a shooters chance of taking one game from the Lakers.

Both teams look horrible....

Alton deFlat
05-31-2001, 09:26 AM
I would rather see the Bucks in the finals. Although I've never been a true NBA fan, I first started being (kinda) interested when (and I'm showing my age here) the Bucks had a young guy by the name of Lew Alcindor playing for them.:eek:

kcred
05-31-2001, 09:36 AM
A split squad game of Lakers.

BIG_DADDY
05-31-2001, 10:04 AM
I thought the game last night was horrible. I think the Lakers will kill either team. Philly seems to have it together mentally much more than the Bucks do. Cassell is the same virus to his team as Rasheed is to his. The Bucks would have won that game last night if Cassell hadn't turned into such a knuckelhead. He disrespects the officials, his coach, himself and ultimately the game. Then Robinson and Johnson have to do the same thing. The result being the loss of the game. STUPID!! Cassell is probably the biggest crybaby in the game as well. On the other hand Ray Allen is a class act. He doesn't do anything detrimental to his team. He just makes baskets.

BIG DADDY

GO LAKERS.

Baby Lee
05-31-2001, 10:19 AM
I don't disagree that the Lakers seem to have the weapons to beat the 76'ers, but what on earth would lead one to the conclusion that Shaq would tear Mutumbo in half? Mutumbo is defensive player of the year and has ALWAYS been a shutdown on D. I haven't kept a close eye on their head-to-head history, but I would imagine that he's done just fine against Shaq in the past.

Believe, I don't know why [guess it was my lack of respect for the Nuggets as a franchise] but I've been dragged into respect for Mutumbo kicking and screaming, but I have been dragged there. This isn't Minut Bol. This isn't "My Giant" [George "not even gonna try to spell his last name"]. Enough players have withered under his presence to merit a little respect.

BIG_DADDY
05-31-2001, 10:31 AM
The award itself is enough to tick off Shaq. Shaq will dominate that matchup. If we gave very much merit to how the heavily weighted E. coast media saw things the 76ers would kill the Lakers considering they swept all 4 big awards this year. Coach of the year. MVP. Best defensive player and best 6th player.

BIG DADDY

Putting his money on Shaq Daddy!!! Mutumbo's getting beat up.

Cannibal
05-31-2001, 11:23 AM
Philly beat the Lakers as early as a month or so ago rather easily.

Iverson schooled Bryant [and anyone who covered him] for 42 points and 10 assists.

I saw the highlights and Iverson made Bryant look like a b1tch numerous times by breaking him down w/ his dribble.

I might actually watch the finals if Philly makes it there. They're the only team that has a chance. If it's the Bucks... who give a f()ck.

I hate the fuggin Lakers w/ a passion. Their bandwagon fans are almost as bad as the Cowc()nt fans.

BIG_DADDY
05-31-2001, 11:28 AM
Cannibal,

The Lakers have not lost a game in two months. Iverson can break anybody down off of the dribble. It still doesn't mean that the 76ers can win. I know you are not reffering to anyone on this BB as a bandwagon fan.

BIG DADDY

Get used to watching this team win champioships. :cool:

Cannibal
05-31-2001, 11:32 AM
If Philly gets by the Bucks they do have a chance against the Lakers.

They might not win, but they have a shot. The Bucks have no chance whatsoever.

Lzen
05-31-2001, 11:57 AM
Cannibal,
I have to agree. That's been my thought process all along. If Philly wins, at least Mutumbo should be able to slow down Shaq a little(you know you can't stop him, only he can stop himself). Albeit, George Karl is a great defensive coach but, I don't think the Bucks have anybody who can matchup and they would get torched by Shaq. Frankly, I don't give a crap about the teams that are left. My favorite NBA teams, since KC has no team, are Utah, New York, and Phoenix. Of course, they all were done rather early(can't believe the Knicks got beaten by Toronto). Either way, I hate the Lakers and I would love to go back to the good ole 90s when the Lakers always choked in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Kobe, Shaq, & Phil, I just don't like em. Rick Fox is just a punk. The sucky thing for Laker haters is, this team is looking like a dynasty. I don't think anybody even had a chance when the playoffs started. Of course, Philly could make the finals interesting.

morphius
05-31-2001, 12:07 PM
Izen - That is one funny picture, LMAO!

chiefs_freak
05-31-2001, 12:57 PM
i think philly has a shot at beating L.A. even though they have not lost agame in the playoffs the to teams match up very well to gather in the regular season they split 1-1 i think if philly gets bast the bucks philly D will shut down shag and kobe and pilly will win the series 4-3 just my opion i know it sounds crazy but we will not have to see.

California Injun
05-31-2001, 02:34 PM
Mutumbo is a waif and will get his arse kicked sideways by Shaq.

To those throwing up regular season stats? Why don't you go ask the Spurs how well they did in the regular season against the Lakers?

The only thing breaking in Philly is Iverson's tailbone and Snow's ankles. The Sixers are having a tough time beating a Bucks team with NO center!!!

What is Mutombo going to do with a 300 pounder leaning of that pixie-stick body of his? If he sounds hoarse now during interviews, he'll be a mute after Game #1.

Get use to a LA dynasty Laker-haters. Now the East Coast media will have to actually watch something after the 11PM newscast because the talent resides on the West Coast.

Logical
05-31-2001, 02:57 PM
KCred

I know you were tossing out a one liner, but that split squad would be real interesting if Kobe was on one side with Horry and Shaq was on the other side with Fischer.

I would take the Shaq and Fischer squad in 7.

California Injun
05-31-2001, 06:47 PM
Logical,

Could you imagine Shaq against Mark Madsen or Greg Foster?

Fox MIGHT be able to do a "Peja" on Kobe to limit him to 50.

Shaq inside with Fish throwing down 3 point rainbows would close this series out in 5.

Unless JR Rider was allowed back and found his game....

milkman
05-31-2001, 07:08 PM
This Laker team has come together since Fisher returned to the lineup, after missing the first 62 games. He has been the catalyst for a Laker defense that was just going through the motions prior to his return. Shaq and Kobe have learned to coexist again.

Iverson is the single most overrated player in the NBA, and is proving it with his piss poor performances in this series. His poor shooting is not an abberation. He's had a number of nights with the same type of shooting.

Doesn't matter who plays the Lakers, once they shake the rust off from the long wait for this JV series to finish, they'll bury the winner the same way they did to SA.