PDA

View Full Version : How much was it BOWE and not JaMarcus Russell?

Ari Chi3fs
09-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I think we may have a Draft Steal. Dude looks like an animal out there.

If you have someone who can go out and own it, it helps your QB out tremendously... maybe JaMarcus owes DBowe some of that signing bonus.

blueballs
09-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Bowe is a stud
but the VIkes do suck in pass d

KcMizzou
09-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't know... but I sure like our guy.

He's got the attitude, and the skills.

I don't know when I've ever been excited about a Chiefs WR like I am now.

RustShack
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
The D'Bowe Show is for real!

DaKCMan AP
09-23-2007, 03:18 PM
This thread is teh ghey.

SBK
09-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Bowe looks a lot better than all the other WR's we could have taken so far.....

Smed1065
09-23-2007, 03:19 PM
50/50 but no OL in faiders helps.

Oh Snap
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Bowe is a stud
Give bowe props. He made some nice catches that not everyone in this league can make. Given how well he played in college, I would say that it isnt just because of lack of talent from the opponent. That catch in the corner of the endzone where he had to go up for it was a perfect example of a badass reciever in the making.

Did you notice how open Tony G was today? Especially after we started utilizing bowe? The safety had to play honest because D Bowe made him. I really think we have the makings of a great offense, D bowe, Tony G, and LJ... OL needs to improve, Croyle needs to start so we can see what we have there... all in all I saw alot of good things from teh cheifs today.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
We haven't seen Russell play yet, so you can't tell. I'm just glad to see that thus far, Bowe is playing well.

I'm holding off my judgment until 2009. Remember people, most Chiefs fans were pretty excited about Sylvester Morris after his rookie season.

Phobia
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm holding off my judgment until 2009. Remember people, most Chiefs fans were pretty excited about Sylvester Morris after his rookie season.
If DBowe blows out his knee you can make that comparison. Until then, it's kinda silly.

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Who was it on the Planet that said we'd pick Bowe in the first round?

At least I can take credit for something good in the last year. I'm so far behind on stuff I need to get done, my wife's added a wing to the doghouse....

DenverChief
09-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Bowe is all gameday hype...if it wasn't gameday Bowe would be a nobody[/Wendler's Sippioesq rant]

Shag
09-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Bowe is a stud

Mostly irrelevant to the Bowe discussion. His most impressive plays have been in good coverage, where he goes up and makes a play. Hell, he out-jumped two defenders to prevent a sure interception on that duck of a "bomb" Huard threw...

The guy is great once the ball is in the air - he has a great ability to pull down the ball in a crowd of defenders...

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Mostly irrelevant to the Bowe discussion. His most impressive plays have been in good coverage, where he goes up and makes a play. Hell, he out-jumped two defenders to prevent a sure interception on that duck of a "bomb" Huard threw...

The guy is great once the ball is in the air - he has a great ability to pull down the ball in a crowd of defenders...

AMEN! That's why we took him!

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2007, 05:21 PM
If DBowe blows out his knee you can make that comparison. Until then, it's kinda silly.
No, I'm excited about the kid. I think he's got a lot of potential. But I'm not going to call him a stud WR until he does it consistently over a full season, maybe two. Definitely OK with calling him a "stud in the making WR." If he contines on his current path, he'll get there.

Cochise
09-23-2007, 05:37 PM
It's too bad we didn't take that clearly superior Jarrett guy, who's been inactive for 3 straight weeks for Carolina

Sully
09-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Hell, he out-jumped two defenders to prevent a sure interception on that duck of a "bomb" Huard threw...

Sadly, when the ball was thrown on that play, he was open by a good 4-5 yards... God I wish Huard was on the bench.

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't know... but I sure like our guy.

He's got the attitude, and the skills.

I don't know when I've ever been excited about a Chiefs WR like I am now.

I think he has skills this team has not had since I have been watching them. Damn, he made two great catches today.

FAX
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm genuinely excited about DB. If we had a QB who could rifle the passes deep instead of lobbing them gently in his general direction, he would be a real threat. I wonder where we could find such a person?

FAX

NaptownChief
09-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Russell had Bowe, Davis and Doucet to throw to....Not only the best WR corp in college football but possibly 3 of the 5 best WR's in all of college football period last year.

Bowe and Davis were first rounders this year and most believe Doucet is even better than both of them. Despite that Russell only put up good but not great numbers. Hard to say anything for certain at this point but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't look like Culpepper without the Moss safety net now that he doesn't have all that enormous talent around him.

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm genuinely excited about DB. If we had a QB who could rifle the passes deep instead of lobbing them gently in his general direction, he would be a real threat. I wonder where we could find such a person?

FAX

On da bench, actually on the sidelines holding the clipboard. He should have played today and was pretty close, I guess, until Bowe saved Huard's job.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
It's too bad we didn't take that clearly superior Jarrett guy, who's been inactive for 3 straight weeks for Carolina

I really didn't rain on the Bowe pick so I hope that isn't some shot at me for being an SC fan...

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Hard to say anything for certain at this point but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't look like Culpepper without the Moss safety net now that he doesn't have all that enormous talent around him.

That would leave a mark. ROFL

Brock
09-23-2007, 06:26 PM
I really didn't rain on the Bowe pick so I hope that isn't some shot at me for being an SC fan...

Very upsetting, I'm sure.

FRCDFED
09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Russell had Bowe, Davis and Doucet to throw to....Not only the best WR corp in college football but possibly 3 of the 5 best WR's in all of college football period last year.

Bowe and Davis were first rounders this year and most believe Doucet is even better than both of them. Despite that Russell only put up good but not great numbers. Hard to say anything for certain at this point but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't look like Culpepper without the Moss safety net now that he doesn't have all that enormous talent around him.
What if..........WE picked Doucet in next years draft? STFU

Skip Towne
09-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Didn't he say last week that this week is the "Bowe Show"?

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
What if..........WE picked Doucet in next years draft? STFU

Good theory. WR's are inexpensive signees in the draft. I don't know why we didn't first-round a DB in spring, but they just thought that Bowe was too good to pass up, and today proves it.