PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get this sick feeling we missed out on....

Frankie
09-23-2007, 02:21 PM
... getting good value on a Larry Johnson trade? :(

blueballs
09-23-2007, 02:22 PM
your retarted

Mecca
LOL, well if they could have gotten a 1st rounder they should have moved him without even thinking about it.

Smed1065
Duh. We got better than figured value.

Frankie
09-23-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm afraid he's a fat cat with a full belly now. Still doesn't block and doesn't look like he runs with a chip on his shoulders. Hopefully the rest of the season will prove me wrong, but if this is the new LJ season long we won't be able to move him and get anything good in return. Yuk!!!

Valiant
09-23-2007, 02:33 PM
... getting good value on a Larry Johnson trade? :(

We will be fine.. We just need a better Oline and get a new offensive coordinator next year... The team just needs balance.. (Hopefully Herm will follow Dungy formula of what he allowed at Indy and let the O-coordinator run the offense...)

It will unfortunately not happen this year..

KcMizzou
09-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm afraid he's a fat cat with a full belly now. Still doesn't block and doesn't look like he runs with a chip on his shoulders. Hopefully the rest of the season will prove me wrong, but if this is the new LJ season long we won't be able to move him and get anything good in return. Yuk!!!If you watched that game, and your only thought is that LJ's become fat and happy... you're ****ing stupid.

I'm sorry.. I'd try to clean it up, but I can't.

You're ****ing stupid.

siberian khatru
09-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Still doesn't block

He made some excellent blocks today, including one that saved Huard's life.

blueballs
09-23-2007, 02:36 PM
great block
on throw to Bowe in the endzone
moran

Brock
Some of the dumbest fans in the league, bar none.

Mecca
If you wanna bitch, bitch about the play calling or the shitty QB that causes every defense to put the whole team in the box...

Or the dumbass coach that gave him 420 carries which is a career killer.

Spott
09-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I get a sick feeling that by winning we just lost about 6 spots in the draft for next year.

Hydrae
09-23-2007, 02:37 PM
When you are playing a team with one of the best (and biggest) DT tandems in the league and fail to stop the safeties from cheating up to the line, your RB will have a very long, unproductive day. I am not worried about LJ except for the way the play calling is working out, nothing about him personally.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I get a sick feeling that by winning we just lost about 6 spots in the draft for next year.
There's plenty of games left on the schedule to lose.

Frankie
09-23-2007, 02:57 PM
We will be fine.. We just need a better Oline and get a new offensive coordinator next year... The team just needs balance.. (Hopefully Herm will follow Dungy formula of what he allowed at Indy and let the O-coordinator run the offense...)

It will unfortunately not happen this year..
So LJ is good behind a great O-line. That would be true for most RBs.

Frankie
09-23-2007, 02:59 PM
When you are playing a team with one of the best (and biggest) DT tandems in the league and fail to stop the safeties from cheating up to the line, your RB will have a very long, unproductive day. I am not worried about LJ except for the way the play calling is working out, nothing about him personally.
Yeah, but we have a SUPERSTAR RB! At least everyone on this bb tells me.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Some of the dumbest fans in the league, bar none.

What?

Frankie
09-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey with SD losing and Denver nothing special, we may still win this division! :p

penchief
09-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Because it's that you don't get that if our offense were even remotely unpredictable there wouldn't be 8 and 9 in the box the entire game.

If you want to see how effective LJ could be if this offense were remotely unpredictable, take a look at how Minny's version of LJ performed when given the ball with space to maneuver.

Shag
09-23-2007, 03:06 PM
So LJ is good behind a great O-line. That would be true for most RBs.

When you're repeatedly hit behind the LOS almost immediately after receiving the handoff, no RB is going to succeed...

Frankie
09-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Because it's that you don't get that if our offense were even remotely unpredictable there wouldn't be 8 and 9 in the box the entire game.

If you want to see how effective LJ could be if this offense were remotely unpredicable, take a look at how Minny's version of LJ performed when given the ball with space to maneuver.
I never said LJ is not talented. He's just not hungry like previous years. Big contracts sometimes do that to a player. And I have already said I HOPE I'M WRONG (for the benefit of those who wre calling me names on this thread). I'm just playing devil's advocate. I still think we should have tried to get a blockbuster trade out of him before his perceived value drops in the league. Long run, that would have been far more benefitial to a team in transition.

And btw, Minni's version of LJ has moves LJ does not have.

shyguyms
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
they should of traded him , he is a great back but i would much rather of had Brady Quinn on this tea than LJ

beach tribe
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
The o-line got blown the **** up.

beach tribe
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
they should of traded him , he is a great back but i would much rather of had Brady Quinn on this tea than LJ
I would rather have Bowe than Queer.

Bowe=T O

Brady=no, not Tom

DaKCMan AP
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
On the thread about Bowe making JaMarcus Russell look good in college, I lied.

THIS thread is teh ghey.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok how about you wait until Bowe is good for at least a full season before you say he's equal to TO who has hall of fame stats....

88TG88
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
What?
My thoughts exactly

JohnnyV13
09-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Actually, Dwayne Bowe looks like Michael Irvin. I'm not saying he's as good as Michael Irvin, but he's that kind of receiver.

KcMizzou
09-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Actually, Dwayne Bowe looks like Michael Irvin. I'm not saying he's as good as Michael Irvin, but he's that kind of receiver.
Sure... you're right.

KcMizzou
09-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok how about you wait until Bowe is good for at least a full season before you say he's equal to TO who has hall of fame stats....Nobody's saying that... just that he has that kind of body, and he can go up and grab a ball in the same way.

penchief
09-23-2007, 04:23 PM

I've posted on this board multiple times that that is EXACTLY how Gil Brandt (Cowboys) described Bowe. In fact, Brandt praised Bowe for being (exact quote): "Michael Irvin with better hands."

PastorMikH
09-23-2007, 04:38 PM
LJ doesn't stand a chance with this playcalling. LT wouldn't look any better.

I doubt Barry Sanders could do much either.

When there are 8-9 defenders in the backfield when LJ gets the ball what chance does he have?

Notice how he did on the first running play after a bunch of passes? Looked like the old #27 to me. Solari needs to mix it up A LOT better and quit handing it to LJ ALL THE TIME.

PastorMikH
09-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Nobody's saying that... just that he has that kind of body, and he can go up and grab a ball in the same way.

'Course he can't be compared to TO, even though he's really big, really fast, makes spectacular catches, and scoring more TDs than the rest of the team put together....

I do like what I see in Bowe - could be even a bigger first round pick than LJ.

KCChiefsMan
09-23-2007, 04:47 PM
only Barry Sanders could run with the blocking LJ has been getting

GoHuge
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
I never said LJ is not talented. He's just not hungry like previous years. Big contracts sometimes do that to a player. And I have already said I HOPE I'M WRONG (for the benefit of those who wre calling me names on this thread). I'm just playing devil's advocate. I still think we should have tried to get a blockbuster trade out of him before his perceived value drops in the league. Long run, that would have been far more benefitial to a team in transition.

And btw, Minni's version of LJ has moves LJ does not have.I think it is pretty obvious that in this league if a team has the personnel, they can shut down the run no matter how good the running back is. Look at LT against the Bears, LJ against the Bears, LJ against the Vikings, etc. These teams are very good against the run, so they try and use that as a strength. Crazy concept!!

Going into this week (through week 2) LT was getting 34 yards per game, LJ-49, Stephen Jackson-59, and Frank Gore-68. Does this mean they all suck and the teams they play for should try and trade them every off season? Well according to you the answer is yes, but what it really means is the teams they've played have tried to take away the run. They know these are the elite running backs in the NFL. The thought process of these teams is to "take away the run" and make their QB "beat you with the pass" like we did today against the Vikings. It's the "ol' try and take away their strength and make them beat you in another way" thing.....or the "insert your own cliche philosophy."

In your mind Larry should have rolled up 150 yards today, with 8-9 men in the box, against the #1 rushing defense in the NFL, as he was getting hit three yards behind the line of scrimmage because the O-line was getting BLOWN up!! If he had a bigger chip on his shoulder and didn't have that big fat juicy contract to drag around, he would have gotten it done :rolleyes:

As far as your sick feeling, I'd see a doctor.

Sure-Oz
09-23-2007, 05:11 PM
LJ=Bust omg hi2 u

Frankie
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
That's not the trade I had in mind. Maybe a first and a second.

Sully
09-23-2007, 08:35 PM
LJ blocked fairly well today.

Frankie
09-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Going into this week (through week 2) LT was getting 34 yards per game, LJ-49, Stephen Jackson-59, and Frank Gore-68. Does this mean they all suck and the teams they play for should try and trade them every off season? Well according to you the answer is yes, .... :rolleyes:

As far as your sick feeling, I'd see a doctor.

Hey prince charming, what part of I don't say LJ is not talented did you not understand? I'm saying the time to get top inflated value for a "star" RB was last off-season before his production dropped. Assuming we could at least get a first and a second for him for a team in transition those two extra high draft choices could bring in a couple of stud OTs. That woulsd set us up for long term success. LJ behind a terrible line < Bennet or Smith behind a terrific line.

Brock
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM
What offers did they get? Provide links.

the Talking Can
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM
if i were LJ, I'd walk off the field, up the stairs to the coaching box and proceed to beat tar out of Solari, then say "that's what it feels like to run into 9 man fronts, you asshole..."

Frankie
09-23-2007, 08:47 PM
What offers did they get? Provide links.
Dallas and Cleveland were hot for him if I recall correctly. I'm not sure they offered us "inflated" value, but it didn't seem like we tried much to keep them salivating either. I think CP was hell bent on keeping LJ and said so publicly, pretty much discouraging those teams from further pursuit.

movinbones
09-23-2007, 08:52 PM
if i were LJ, I'd walk off the field, up the stairs to the coaching box and proceed to beat tar out of Solari, then say "that's what it feels like to run into 9 man fronts, you asshole..."
ROFL