PDA

View Full Version : Save QB, this offense has the talent to make noise.

Direckshun
09-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Anybody else feel that way besides myself?

This could be a Top 20 offense. Not spectacular, but solidly productive. If the defense is going to hold people to 17 points a game, there's no reason an offense with this talent can't do the trick. And who knows, we may have the talent at QB on the bench, but we certainly don't have it in Huard.

We're golden at RB. We're adequate at OL. Left side, we're good. We've got some playmakers on the recieving side. Wilson, Tony G, Bowe, and Parker's kind-of resurgence...

Once the Chiefs opened the offense up, this team could move the ball.

I just think it's the playcalling handcuffing this team.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:00 PM
I enjoy how our RB is averaging 50 yards a game and that's golden...

The offense is bad and the philosophy isn't sound for todays game....look what the general record around the league is when you score less than 20...

The Chiefs are generally going to give up 20-28.

banyon
09-23-2007, 03:00 PM
The O Line is in no way adequate.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Anybody else feel that way besides myself?

This could be a Top 20 offense. Not spectacular, but solidly productive. If the defense is going to hold people to 17 points a game, there's no reason an offense with this talent can't do the trick. And who knows, we may have the talent at QB on the bench, but we certainly don't have it in Huard.

We're golden at RB. We're adequate at OL. Left side, we're good. We've got some playmakers on the recieving side. Wilson, Tony G, Bowe, and Parker's kind-of resurgence...

Once the Chiefs opened the offense up, this team could move the ball.

I just think it's the playcalling handcuffing this team.

didn't i try and tell you it's about coaching awhile back and you didn't believe me?

Fruit Ninja
09-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Oline pass blocked pretty damn good in the 2nd half.

Herm on the post game show said that in the first half they were calling for downfield passes and for some reason Huard was just dumping it off. He plays not to lose his job, but he figured out he was about to lose it, so then he started attacking. Its amazing how he turned it around from the first half.

RustShack
09-23-2007, 03:03 PM
BRING IN BRODIE CROYLE!!!

blueballs
09-23-2007, 03:04 PM
the offensive coordinator on the bench
Dick Curl

irishjayhawk
09-23-2007, 03:04 PM

The offense is bad and the philosophy isn't sound for todays game....look what the general record around the league is when you score less than 20...

I agree with everything except the last statement.

Chiefs haven't given up that many points. Today's 7 was due, in my opinion, to Drummond being a retard.

The Bad Guy
09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
The right side of the line is horrid.

The OC can't figure out you don't run at the strength of a defense 20 times a game.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I was giving 28 as a bad game projection......in general I'd say 20-24 with the offenses in todays game holding teams under 20 is very difficult.

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 03:08 PM
The O Line is in no way adequate.

We're okay on the left side, but our right side is frightening. Welbourn is particularly disappointing at the moment.

Having said that, though, our pass protection is adequate. It's the run blocking where we're getting killed. It's hard to tell if that's our talent or the fact that defenses are putting 12 in the box. Probably both.

Direckshun
09-23-2007, 03:10 PM
I think Welbourne's alright, he just got embarrassed by the best DT tandem in the league today.

Turley's the one that's embarrassing.

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I was looking at Bryant McKinnie today and thinking, "...and we won the race for Ryan Sims."

mylittlepony
09-23-2007, 03:17 PM
I hope you're right I just got the feeling our O line really has some issues, had it not been for the sweltering heat the Vikes defence could have kept up the pace all day. I was thinking when they comented on how good they moved for being big guys "I wonder how long they can keep it up in that weather".

Valiant
09-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I was looking at Bryant McKinnie today and thinking, "...and we won the race for Ryan Sims."

How is old donut boy doing this year...

beach tribe
09-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Dude.... The O-line is HORRIBLE in run blocking.

Bowe looks like T O.

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Winning feels very good again, very good.

Bowe was incredible, not sure I have ever seen a Chiefs receiver make two catches like that, they were crucial.

This Defense hit a gear, shifted into by Jared Allen. Welcome back!

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 03:28 PM

**** fantasy numbers for Larry, did you have Bowe?

You called what it would take to win, earlier this week. Webb is the only WR that didn't have a good game, ****ing ticky tack call.

20 is a long way front 28, We finally have a true NFL WR, I think you are go

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 03:31 PM
didn't i try and tell you it's about coaching awhile back and you didn't believe me?

Huard has to execute as well. The second half was his first good half of the season IMO.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
**** fantasy numbers for Larry, did you have Bowe?

You called what it would take to win, earlier this week. Webb is the only WR that didn't have a good game, ****ing ticky tack call.

20 is a long way front 28, We finally have a true NFL WR, I think you are go

Yep I knew what they had to do to win, they surprised me by doing it in all honesty.

Bowe played a good game now he has to show it consistently. Larry has to pick it up fantasy numbers or not having 130 yards after 3 games is not good....of course there are numerous factors for that.

The game was what I expected the Chiefs surprised me by actually throwing it and doing what it took to win the game. I wanna see how they look against teams that aren't as bad on offense as them though.

The 1 thing that concerns me is Minnesota has 1 player on offense and he still owned us for the most part.

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Oline pass blocked pretty damn good in the 2nd half.

Herm on the post game show said that in the first half they were calling for downfield passes and for some reason Huard was just dumping it off. He plays not to lose his job, but he figured out he was about to lose it, so then he started attacking. Its amazing how he turned it around from the first half.

Seriously? I have got to go read that, I only hope it is true.

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Yep I knew what they had to do to win, they surprised me by doing it in all honesty.

Bowe played a good game now he has to show it consistently. Larry has to pick it up fantasy numbers or not having 130 yards after 3 games is not good....of course there are numerous factors for that.

The game was what I expected the Chiefs surprised me by actually throwing it and doing what it took to win the game. I wanna see how they look against teams that aren't as bad on offense as them though.

The 1 thing that concerns me is Minnesota has 1 player on offense and he still owned us for the most part.

Maybe our fine OC reads the Planet?

Bowe has gotten progressively better with each chance. I think it will continue, and that is exciting as hell.

He saved our ass and Huards job( :banghead: ) today. Tony had a nice game.