PDA

View Full Version : The refs gave a a nicely wrapped present today!

Wa-Z
09-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Vikes got ****ed on the TD call.

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
True.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Yep. Maybe part of the reason it doesn't 'feel' like a win...

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Pretty much, maybe for the rest of the year we won't hear about how the Chiefs are hated by the league and always get ****ed by officials.

They took 4 points from the Vikings, very lucky break call but hey you take whatever you can when you are in the Chiefs spot.

Valiant
09-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Well there was not an angle from the refs viewpoint.. All we seen was him catching it, him hitting the ground(with his body blocking the view of the camera) and them him rolling over with the ball protected.. He could have let the ball touch the ground when he hit the ground intiatly but we will never know because of the camera angle..

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Agreed. That was a touchdown. We also got a spot on that Kris Wilson catch that was about a yard past where Wilson even hoped to reach.

At times like these, I can recognize that refs are human and that mistakes happen, and I'm willing to be a big person and overlook them. And it's not like we didn't get hosed in Chicago last week.

blueballs
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
The eeked out win will be more tollerable
with a Denver loss in Denver
20-7 Jags

Baby Lee
09-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Well there was not an angle from the refs viewpoint.. All we seen was him catching it, him hitting the ground(with his body blocking the view of the camera) and them him rolling over with the ball protected.. He could have let the ball touch the ground when he hit the ground intiatly but we will never know because of the camera angle..
And I don't think that there was an angle possible that was better than that of the ref who made the call. Guy was so close he could smell the ball sweat.

KCJohnny
09-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Vikes got ****ed on the TD call.

And we got hosed on the mysterious "illegal shift" call last week.

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Let's not forget the wide open receiver Kelly Huard-colmbe missed in the end zone.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:52 PM
It's nice to try to justify it like the ref had a good angle, if that call had gone against us this board would be exploding about how we get jobbed.

Saulbadguy
09-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I think i'll be happy with any win we get this season, regardless of the circumstances.

irishjayhawk
09-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Let's also realize that calls go both ways. Block in the backs, phantom offensive holding on TG, illegal motion...

Bowser
09-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Let's also realize that calls go both ways. Block in the backs, phantom offensive holding on TG, illegal motion...

Yeah, WTF were those two "delay of game" penaltes on us? One was on LJ?

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I was disturbed that we had a defensive holding call against Ron Edwards on a running play. How often is that called?

And what's with all these illegal shift penalties? Did a rule change this offseason or something?

noa
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
What did you guys think of that play where the refs called Bowe down but he got up and kept going down the field? I was watching the game at a bar, so I couldn't see it that well, but it looked to me like he might have already been off the ground by the time he got touched.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
If you spike the ball or throw it and it rolls away or bounces away to the point the ref has to go get it and i takes like 10 seconds they'll call that...

They're being stricter about it this year. That was what the delay penalties were about.

Bowser
09-23-2007, 03:57 PM
What did you guys think of that play where the refs called Bowe down but he got up and kept going down the field? I was watching the game at a bar, so I couldn't see it that well, but it looked to me like he might have already been off the ground by the time he got touched.

Another shit no-call. Should have been a TD.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:57 PM

He was starting to get up when he got touched his knee was still on the ground....

As far as defensive holding the NFL has really tightened up on Dlineman grabbing Olineman and pulling them out of plays so now they call that too...

The shifts is just the Chiefs being dumb, you have to know what is legal and what is not, I don't think they are as nearly as well coached about with Saunders not here.

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2007, 03:59 PM
I think i'll be happy with any win we get this season, regardless of the circumstances.

Absolutely.

I'm ready for us to go on another two game losing streak. it's what we are.

Baby Lee
09-23-2007, 04:00 PM
It's nice to try to justify it like the ref had a good angle, if that call had gone against us this board would be exploding about how we get jobbed.
GFY Mecca, I'm not justifying anything. So far as I can tell, no one in the NFL organization calls upon my input.
I was pointing out his angle because he was right there. I do that however the call comes out, because how good a look the ref got is a relevant consideration.
Are you really such an anti-Chiefs douche that you'll try to spin an empirical observation about the angle a ref had on a call as some homeriffic bias?

Bowser
09-23-2007, 04:01 PM
He was starting to get up when he got touched his knee was still on the ground....

I do believe this statement is incorrect.

Valiant
Yeah, WTF were those two "delay of game" penaltes on us? One was on LJ?

spiking the ball when you do not score a TD is going to get you that every time now..

Frazod
I watched the game at HemiEd's, and we both agreed - the Vikes got screwed on that TD non-call.

Bwana
09-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Perhaps, but I'll take the win.

Bowser
09-23-2007, 04:03 PM
spiking the ball when you do not score a TD is going to get you that every time now..

What? What happened to unsportsman like conduct? That I can understand, but delay of game?

Mecca
09-23-2007, 04:03 PM

Nah on the slow mo replay part of his leg was still on the ground when he got touched he hadn't gotten all the way off the ground.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 04:04 PM
What? What happened to unsportsman like conduct? That I can understand, but delay of game?

They never use to call anything for this, it's not doing it at another player it's doing it in general. They want guys to stop spiking balls or throwing them around in the middle of the field after plays.

WilliamTheIrish
I thought he got up. But hey, the ref was right there.

Not that that makes any difference....

irishjayhawk
Nah on the slow mo replay part of his leg was still on the ground when he got touched he hadn't gotten all the way off the ground.

I agree.

Valiant
I watched the game at HemiEd's, and we both agreed - the Vikes got screwed on that TD non-call.

See the whole thing is there is a good second there when the Vikes body is blocking the view of the camera when he hits the ground.. That is where the ref had the view, and I am guessing saw the ball touch the ground...

Mosbonian
09-23-2007, 04:09 PM

And you think he didn't have the best angle?

mmaddog

mrub4
09-23-2007, 04:11 PM

In the highlights video on nfl.com, they show it in slow motion. Bowe's knee was still down.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Oh cmon man, this has nothing to do with being a Chiefs fan, most of us admit it was a full on break. Will we take it sure...

But if that call had gone against us everyone would be going apeshit. You are defaulting to the ref when most times on here you'd think everyone was convinced there was some league conspiracy against us.

Bowser
09-23-2007, 04:13 PM
In the highlights video on nfl.com, they show it in slow motion. Bowe's knee was still down.

OK, I'll defer to majority. The replays they were playing in the stadium made it look like he was up off the ground.

Doesn'y matter now. I'm glad it didn't impact us in losing the game.

Mosbonian
09-23-2007, 04:20 PM
But if that call had gone against us everyone would be going apeshit. You are defaulting to the ref when most times on here you'd think everyone was convinced there was some league conspiracy against us.

An assertion that is only an assumption.

mmaddog

Baby Lee
09-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh cmon man, this has nothing to do with being a Chiefs fan, most of us admit it was a full on break. Will we take it sure...

1. I'm not making an argument, the call was made and no one can or will change it. I'm making an observation.
2. I'm not 'everyone.'

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 05:00 PM
The eeked out win will be more tollerable
with a Denver loss in Denver
20-7 Jags
They should be 0-3. Can you believe that Shannahan call? OMG, he is no longer a genius in my mind.

mikey23545
09-23-2007, 05:02 PM

I love it when your day is ruined by a Chiefs victory, you cockholster....

Mecca
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Uh did I say it was ruined?

Way to over read into what I said about a particular call though, not a day goes by on Chiefsplanet where someone doesn't feel they have to personally attack me.

Classy people, I tell ya, seeing as I never do that.

redbrian
09-23-2007, 05:08 PM

Way to over read into what I said about a particular call though, not a day goes by on Chiefsplanet where someone doesn't feel they have to personally attack me.

Paranoid much?……..”Just cause your paranoid doesn’t mean someone’s not out to get you”

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Paranoid much?……..”Just cause your paranoid doesn’t mean someone’s not out to get you”

Paranoid and emo. Tough combination. I bet he feels the walls just closing in on him.

Sure-Oz
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't give a shit if the vikes got ****ed, its about time a call went OUR way once in a decade, seriously.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 05:11 PM
There's nothing paranoid he personally insulted me....it's not like I think he's going to do it he did it..

Jesus some people's brains fell out today.

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 05:12 PM

Hey it was great to watch a win with you two, good to see ya! :thumb:

Frazod
09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey it was great to watch a win with you two, good to see ya! :thumb:

Same here, thanks for having us over.

Check your PMs.

Skip Towne
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Absolutely.

I'm ready for us to go on another two game losing streak. it's what we are.
We're a losing streak waiting to happen.

KCChiefsMan
09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I guess we were due to get a favorable call

Molitoth
09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
So did the chiefs get screwed on any ref calls today?

*cough* Huard fumble.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 05:26 PM
So did the chiefs get screwed on any ref calls today?

*cough* Huard fumble.

It was a backwards lateral which makes it a live ball.....if your QB turns and throws the ball backwards and it's not caught it is a live ball, that is why it was the Vikings ball.

Molitoth
09-23-2007, 05:27 PM
It was a backwards lateral which makes it a live ball.....if your QB turns and throws the ball backwards and it's not caught it is a live ball, that is why it was the Vikings ball.

I did not know that ball went backwards lateral... looked forward to me from where I was sitting. Although I was on the opposite side of the stadium.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Ah ok, that's acceptable then since he didn't explain it as such when he made the ruling. But it as clear on TV he basically threw the ball backwards.

blueballs
09-23-2007, 05:52 PM

It is interesting that you recall this
but don't recall the announcers talking about the
refs angle on the TD call -selective memory

Mecca
09-23-2007, 05:54 PM
I was going by more on what I saw than what the 10th rate announcing crew thinks...

Micjones
09-23-2007, 05:55 PM
It was definitely a Touchdown, but referees are human and there was plenty of game left to overcome that play.

mikey23545
09-23-2007, 05:55 PM
There's nothing paranoid he personally insulted me....it's not like I think he's going to do it he did it..

Jesus some people's brains fell out today.

Bad day because of that Chiefs win, huh?

blueballs
09-23-2007, 05:56 PM
what a waste of my time

Mecca
09-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Bad day because of that Chiefs win, huh?

Psh I never have a bad day, did you check the game thread? Oh yes I'm just so pissed they won......

The Chiefs winning and you insulting me have 0 to do with each other, dipshit.

beer bacon
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
They did get screwed on that call, but the refs screw everybody. Minnesota had more then a half to make up for it.

jidar
09-23-2007, 06:04 PM
You dumb ****ing retards. The Camera angle didn't show shit, but the ref who called the incomplete had a much better angle, he was right there about 2 feet away.

banyon
09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
You dumb ****ing retards. The Camera angle didn't show shit, but the ref who called the incomplete had a much better angle, he was right there about 2 feet away.

I must've been watching a different broadcast. On my TV the announcers had a replay that clearly showed the ball landing several yards behind the hash mark that Huard threw from.

jidar
09-23-2007, 06:11 PM
I must've been watching a different broadcast. On my TV the announcers had a replay that clearly showed the ball landing several yards behind the hash mark that Huard threw from.

Oh yeah that I agree with, I was talking about the Vikings TD that got called incomplete.

You can't overturn it, the camera angles were both at the guys back while the ref who called it incomplete was standing in pretty much the perfect spot to watch that catch from about 2 feet away. It would have been nearly impossible to **** the call up from there so he probably got it right but we will never know what he saw.

banyon
09-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh yeah that I agree with, I was talking about the Vikings TD that got called incomplete.

You can't overturn it, the camera angles were both at the guys back while the ref who called it incomplete was standing in pretty much the perfect spot to watch that catch from about 2 feet away. It would have been nearly impossible to **** the call up from there so he probably got it right but we will never know what he saw.

Yeah, there wasn't a good angle on that.

the Talking Can
09-23-2007, 06:14 PM
we got screwed at the Texans....screwing goes around

jjjayb
09-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I was at the game and had a great angle on the play. The ball clearly hit the turf. You can't see it on the only two angles the tv coverage had from the opposite side of the turf. It was a good call.

Valiant
09-23-2007, 06:59 PM

Glad to see you have never called someone on here stupid/moron/idiot.. :rolleyes:

HemiEd
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM

They owed us one for their admission of error from week 1. The key was, they didn't have indesputable evidence to overturn the call.