PDA

View Full Version : Hey everybody, It's Raderhader's Birthday

Joe Seahawk
05-31-2001, 03:42 AM
Happy Birthday RH..I wish I was 20 again.....:)

So does my wife...:p

Gaz
05-31-2001, 07:45 AM
Happy birthday from the dark side of 40...

xoxo~
Gaz
Would settle for 30.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-31-2001, 08:04 AM
Congrats Raiderhader.:cool:

Try not to enjoy yourself TOO much tonight:D

Joining Gaz on the Dark Side :eek:

BIG_DADDY
05-31-2001, 11:42 AM
Happy Birthday Jamie - Keep those guns a blazin and don't get TOO hammered tonight.

BIG DADDY

Wishin he was 20 again.

alanm
05-31-2001, 11:55 AM
20! I hit 20 in 1977. Man that seems so long ago. And then it feels like yesterday. I'm getting old, sniff :( But those were also some great times! :D

keg in kc
05-31-2001, 11:57 AM
20 in 1977! Man, I was 3 in 197-errr, never mind ;)

Happy birthday "almost legal" raderhader.

morphius
05-31-2001, 12:12 PM
Keg - I was thinking the same thing, only I turned 4 that year...

RH - Happy B-Day!

KS Smitty
05-31-2001, 12:25 PM
Happy birthday raiderhader!

From another of the "dark side of 40" club.

I think I see light up ahead....Nope just a reflection from a bald head.

Mark M
05-31-2001, 12:51 PM
Even though I stated this in Austin's thread ...

Happy b-day raiderhader. I wish I was 20 again ... but then I'd have to have my sister buy me beer. ;)

You know, I was thinking ... turning 20 was fun, but the 21st birthday is the last one people usually look forward to. After that, it's all kinda downhill.

I turn 30 in 2 weeks, and I'm a bit upset about it. Why? At 30 others look at you as a true adult. Think about it ... when someone is 20 and a screw-up (not saying you are, Jamie, just for argument here) people might say: "He should have his act together by the time he's 30." But by age 30, it's too late. You never, ever here anyone say "He should have his act together by the time he's 40." Just doesn't happen. I no longer have an excuse, and I guess that's the hard part.

alan--
In 1977 I was 6. :p

MM
~~Adding salt to the wound.

old_geezer
05-31-2001, 01:24 PM
Happy birthday Hader. If you want to know what you'll be like 35 years from now I'll send you my picture. :eek:

old_geezer was 31 in 1977. Now entering 2nd childhood as evidenced by my Chrysler Sebring LXI. :D

Iowanian
05-31-2001, 02:11 PM
happy birthday...you should go out for a glass of "juice" ;)

(*)(*)

Y

shakesthecat
05-31-2001, 02:43 PM
Happy B-day RH!
I'll drink my first in your honor tonight.

Other than the chicks, I can't think of any reason I'd want to be 20 again. Sure it was fun. But a lot of crappy jobs, crappy apartments, crappy cars. Your mileage may vary.

Best years of my life so far have been after 30.

shakes- 37 and glad I still DON'T have my act together yet.:D

Mi_chief_fan
05-31-2001, 02:59 PM
Just kiddin' buddy. ;)

Look at the bright side: at least it's not during midterms or finals!

ExtremeChief
05-31-2001, 04:53 PM
Happy Birthday Raiderhader!!!

I'm actually glad I'm not 20 again...my acne is gone, I don't have to chase women anymore (never enjoyed the chase, just the end result..)

in 1977 I was 9....sheeesshhhhhh

DanT
05-31-2001, 07:15 PM
Happy Birthday, Raiderhader!

milkman
05-31-2001, 08:51 PM
I'd like to tell you about all the good times I had when I was 20.......but I can't remember 'em. Think all the alchohol has something to do with that?

1977, I graduated HS.

AJKCFAN
05-31-2001, 09:03 PM
Happy 20th Jamie...

I'd give the real ID a test run. Maybe you'll get a dumb bouncer and you'll get a head start on true manhood :p

Frazod
05-31-2001, 10:28 PM
Happy birthday, Jamie. Didn't realize you were such a punk :D

Can barely remember 20 at this point....

Raiderhader
05-31-2001, 10:33 PM
Man, I was going to start a thread on this, and looked down on the page and saw someone had beaten me to it (evidence that i am loved by you guys:)). Thank you everyone for the best wishes, and warnings of doom.:) I spent most of my day working and then went out for my favorite, bbq at Smoke Stack (or Jack Stack as it is now called, but I stick with the old name). Then I went over to see some of my extended family, which was nice because this is my first birthday away from my family. And even though I am up here with my grandparents, it was still a little hard when my Mom called me this morning (yes I am a self proclaimed momma's boy). I have been blessed in the fact that my family has always been very close, and since they wern't able to make it up this weekend, it has been a little strange. Well enough of my sad story, I am sure you all have better things to read on this board.:)

As I don't like liquor, I'll let the couple of you who said you would raise a glass to me tonight do all the drinking. I suppose I'll have to go get a drink next year, just because. It seems strange being twenty, I stop and think me, Jamie, I'm twenty? Not that it seems old, it just sounds weird. Oh well, that is life. Thanks again everyone.

Hader,
plans on thinking young no matter the age

morphius
05-31-2001, 11:08 PM
RH - You can't even call yourself a teenager any more. The first real odd b-day for me was 25, because suddenly I'm 1/4 of a century. 30 is going to feel real, real odd for me.

The Bad Guy
05-31-2001, 11:14 PM
Hader,

Happy belated birthday. I hope it was a memorable one.

I just turned 21 in January, and because I'm like you and don't drink, I have yet to reap any benefits of my of being legal.

I believe the Chiefs are the only subtance I could handle. My parents sure feel that way during gamedays on Sunday.

But they are Steelers fans, what would they know?

I keep hoping all I read on here is right about life getting better in your 30s. I had the time of my life in high school, but since then, college has been a big letdown.

But then again, I went to school close to home, and next semester I'm spreading my wings and going away to school.

I guess I'm one of the babies of the group. I graduated way back in 1998.

Raiderhader
05-31-2001, 11:15 PM
Morph,
I know, I am no longer a teenager, yet I am not an entirely legal adult. I don't know what I am.:)

My Dad said that when he was 25 he would go around telling the girls he was 1/4 of a century old, and it would blow their minds. Dames.:rolleyes:

Raiderhader
05-31-2001, 11:21 PM
Frank,
thanks. It has been memorable, but according to some of these guys it won't stay that way.

What college are you going to attend? I have to get my GED taken, then this fall I plan on taking a couple of courses at juco to get some of the basics out of the way before going to KSU next year (hopefully).

My sympathy for your condition of your parents being Steeler fans.

The Bad Guy
06-01-2001, 12:02 AM
Hader,

I'm going to Kutztown University. Its a state school in Pennsylvania, and the place where John Mobley and Andre Reed graduated from.

I already have two years invested in broadcast communications as my major, but ever since my senior year of high school, I took a serious interest in writing. I continued that passion when I wrote for NFLScoop.

After writing for that site, it made me realize that I want to make my living writing for something I truly love, which is football.

I plan on taking a dual major while I'm there in creative writing, and taking another minor in print journalism on top of finishing off my broadcast communications degree.

I plan on moving out to Kansas City after I graduate.

Hopefully one day, you will all see my name on the Stars website instead of Adam Teicher.

Keep aiming for KSU. Make that your goal and settle for nothing less.

Logical
06-01-2001, 12:51 AM
Maybe this is belated, but Happy Birthday oh what I would give to be 20 but have my job and money. Youth is wasted on the young, LOL

Gaz
06-01-2001, 07:41 AM
Other than the chicks, I can't think of any reason I'd want to be 20 again.

Knees.

Chicks may come and chicks may go, but I really miss my knees.

xoxo~
Gaz
Also misses his hair once in a while.

alanm
06-01-2001, 08:14 AM
Yes I may be 43 but my girlfriend insists I act 23. And if people try to guess my age they usually think I'm 33 or 34. They think I'm lying when I tell them my age. I thank my Moms genes for that. No one on her side of the family looks anything close to how old they are. :D

BIG_DADDY
06-01-2001, 09:51 AM
Hader,

If your not drinking you must be a panty ripper extrodinaire.
:) How else would you be burning up all that youthful energy?

Raiderhader
06-01-2001, 10:39 AM
Frank,
trust me, KSU is my goal, the thought of going some place else doesn't even register. There is only one school for me, my beloved Kansas State.;)

BDaddy,
actually no. I am really pretty mild (until I get into politics, as you well know). I have been raised with certain ethics and standards that for the most part I live up to realitively easy. I also have to do my best to keep from making any big mistakes that could come back to haunt me. My probable future career, while it doesn't mandate that, it would make life a whole lot easier.

Hader,
a good boy, most of the time;)

BIG_DADDY
06-01-2001, 11:02 AM
Hader,

Sounds like you have your act together for a yougen. So what DO you do for fun anyway?

BIG DADDY
:confused:

Raiderhader
06-01-2001, 11:11 AM
So what DO you do for fun anyway?

I talk to you guys.:) I also enjoy reading (Clancy and Marcinko mostly), hiking, camping, paintballing (not that I have done a ehole lot of those last three), I enjoy fishing but never seem to get around to it, occasionaly going bird hunting, and getting together with some guys and playing some kind of sport (except soccer). But I really don't get much of that done, it is usually one of the first two (I wonder why I don't get that other stuff done).

Hader,
likes a number of things, but usually only does a couple

alanm
06-02-2001, 07:25 AM
Hey RH, By the way there's a new Dick Marcinko book coming out. I've allready ordered it thru the Military book club. Should be here any day now. Just thought I would let you know.