PDA

View Full Version : The last word on Damon Huard

Pages : [1] 2

the Talking Can
09-23-2007, 06:41 PM
We chose to play a QB who is the definition of mediocre. We CHOSE to play him.

This fact drives me to the brink of insanity as a Chiefs fan. We WILLINGLY play this rubber armed check down artist. We waste a talent like Bowe on 2-3 floating ducks a game from Huard. We do this ON PURPOSE.

If his play today in the first half didn't get him benched then nothing will. Ever. A 12 year vet, in his 3rd game of the season, at home, looked like a high school freshman.

Having managed 1 TD in 8 quarters, he remains the starter. And he will start the rest of the season. That question is settled. Croyle is done.

Huard is our Franchise QB. Croyle, or any other young QB, will never start a single game for this franchise. Say it to yourself until you no longer throw-up in your mouth. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

I am going to say no more about the embarrassment of Huard taking snaps for the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm done. The True Fans win. Mediocrity wins. Carl wins. He always wins.

I'm going to enjoy the defense - which is fun to watch with Allen back. And I'm going to enjoy Bowe, who looks like the JACKPOT. And I'm going to imagine our QB is a nameless, faceless, blank. Maybe a robot, or a root vegetable.

"Huard"

"Huard who?"

Molitoth
09-23-2007, 06:44 PM
nice post. i think i screamed "bench huard" more then anything else today. he is just horrid horrid horrid.

splatbass
09-23-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm starting to get the idea you don't like Huard, TC.... :rolleyes:

We get it. You don't like Huard. Now shut up. I don't like Huard either, but I don't make 300 posts a day saying so. You are like a broken record.

KC Jones
09-23-2007, 06:49 PM
I would be shocked if Huard remains the starter for the rest of the season.

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 06:49 PM
I commend Solari for calling the pass plays when we needed to get the ball down the field, then in the endzone to Bowe. The next possession, Solari screwed the pooch. Solari found a way to get the right pass plays that Huard could execute.

Get used to Huard. Don't waste your time bagging on him, as he's here to stay. I thought he was going to get yanked after the first half, but they called plays Huard could throw when we needed it.

Hats off to the D. Jared Allen was the MVP of the game.

MadMax
09-23-2007, 06:50 PM

This fact drives me to the brink of insanity as a Chiefs fan. We WILLINGLY play this rubber armed check down artist. We waste a talent like Bowe on 2-3 floating ducks a game from Huard. We do this ON PURPOSE.

If his play today in the first half didn't get him benched then nothing will. Ever. A 12 year vet, in his 3rd game of the season, at home, looked like a high school freshman.

Having managed 1 TD in 8 quarters, he remains the starter. And he will start the rest of the season. That question is settled. Croyle is done.

Huard is our Franchise QB. Croyle, or any other young QB, will never start a single game for this franchise. Say it to yourself until you no longer throw-up in your mouth. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

I am going to say no more about the embarrassment of Huard taking snaps for the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm done. The True Fans win. Mediocrity wins. Carl wins. He always wins.

I'm going to enjoy the defense - which is fun to watch with Allen back. And I'm going to enjoy Bowe, who looks like the JACKPOT. And I'm going to imagine our QB is a nameless, faceless, blank. Maybe a robot, or a root vegetable.

"Huard"

"Huard who?"

Yep, and I too am done making comments it's ****in pathetic and well if this is what ppl want them **** them too.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Micjones
09-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Huard turned it around in the Second Half.
If they open the offense up a bit and mix it up I think he'll be at least serviceable.

Bowser
09-23-2007, 06:52 PM

We get it. You don't like Huard. Now shut up. I don't like Huard either, but I don't make 300 posts a day saying so. You are like a broken record.

Dude, he's a passionate fan who is pissed off that his team's management has their collective heads in their asses. Honestly, I agree with him. Don't be pissed because he speaks the truth.

MadMax
09-23-2007, 06:53 PM

Prepare to be shocked cause Carl and Herm are ****in retarded!!!!!

chop
09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
There is no way Croyle will do any worse than Huard has done thus far. The best part of starting Croyle is that he will be getting valuable game experience. Herm has made his decision and, minus an injury to Huard, we most likely will not see Croyle.

the Talking Can
09-23-2007, 06:55 PM

I don't know who you're talking about.

I also have never seen the gun that forces you to read all these mythical threads about this guy you know.

I'm going to guess, based your comments, that you like this mediocre guy, whoever he is. You seem like the kind of person who would love mediocrity. A perfect match. Give my regards to this guy you're talking about.

Micjones
09-23-2007, 06:56 PM
The only thing that intrigues me about Croyle is the fact that his arm will help us open this offense up.

dj56dt58
09-23-2007, 06:57 PM
they said on Fox Herm nearly benched his ass

splatbass
09-23-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't know who you're talking about.

I also have never seen the gun that forces you to read all these mythical threads about this guy you know.

Mythical threads? Ever since they named Huard the starter all you do is complain about it. You even have it in your avatar.

Tactical Funky
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM

splat! :)

Long time no talk, man - how's life treatin' ya?

splatbass
09-23-2007, 07:09 PM
splat! :)

Long time no talk, man - how's life treatin' ya?

Good. I haven't seen you around the other board lately. What's up?

JuicesFlowing
09-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I love the absolute hypocracy of "quarterback of the future" ... I feel so sorry for Croyle ... Huard is a neo-maxie-zoom-dweebie. Sorry, 80's movie quote, but seriously ... Lightning in a bottle for Huard ... I don't know if it's Solari or Huard, but I'm sick of it. Ragardless, Bowe is a badass. He is the real deal, and the best receiver we have. Start Croyle now. Oh wait, I guess we need to lose more games ...

Tactical Funky
09-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Good. I haven't seen you around the other board lately. What's up?
Not too much, man - just trying to finish up my last year of undergrad and applying to grad schools. I'm not online nearly as much as I used to be, but I guess I'm the better for it focus-wise.

I'm still jealous that you live in Hawaii. :cuss:

:)

movinbones
09-23-2007, 07:15 PM
I just finished watching the game on Tivo, had to coached my son's team. I am horse from yelling at the TV in the first half, just hoping someone in KC would pull Horrid out of this game. I had to watch most of the 1st half in fast forward because I couldn't wait to get to the part where Croyle would come in to save this game.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
serviceable.Is that now synonymous with 'winning'?
:shake:

Coach
09-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm not surprised that most of us are calling for his head. It's what I predicted thus far. Now, in week 4, I would think that Huard will lay a big egg.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
The only thing that intrigues me about Croyle is the fact that his arm will help us open this offense up.Well, no shit?

Buehler445
09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
they said on Fox Herm nearly benched his ass

He should have....3 games ago. Seriously. Croyle is better than Huard.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2007, 08:12 PM
The only thing that intrigues me about Croyle is the fact that his arm will help us open this offense up.
our offense is being held back by the coaching more than Huard's arm.

Floridafan
09-23-2007, 08:20 PM
I just finished watching the game on Tivo, had to coached my son's team. I am horse from yelling at the TV in the first half, just hoping someone in KC would pull Horrid out of this game. I had to watch most of the 1st half in fast forward because I couldn't wait to get to the part where Croyle would come in to save this game.

Love your avatar the "lateral drop"

What's the movinbones stand for?

KC Tattoo
09-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I think it has something to do with the #11 :hmmm:

I don't know, it couldn't possibly be because we have an 11 year career clipboard holding back up QB, ya think?

I agree with ya The Talking Can.

Ari Chi3fs
09-23-2007, 08:46 PM
QQ

TEX
09-23-2007, 08:47 PM

"Huard"

"Huard who?"

Do you PROMISE this is your last word on the situation? :rolleyes:

TEX
09-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Yep.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2007, 08:53 PM
I am horse from yelling at the TV in the first half

Are you related to John Elway?

Coach
09-23-2007, 08:56 PM

It's a combination of both. Huards arm is very weak, and it does limit the playbook to a degree.

However, since this offense is Hermcuffed, I guess the first part is irrevelent.

NewChief
09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Lay off of Huard for doing exactly what his HC wants him to do. He's executing the game plan for this team, nothing more and nothing less. They can BS about how Herm was going to bench him all they want, but the truth is that Herm has exactly the QB he wants in Huard: a guy that will do what he says and not take risks.

FringeNC
09-24-2007, 06:47 AM

Huard is anything but mediocre. Mediocre in the NFL is pretty good -- Huard is near or at the bottom.

That said, Herm Edwards is the bigger problem with the offense.

StcChief
09-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Maybe it's a Herm setup to get Croyle in...

Must show Huard isn't it.... must be trying to selll King Carl.

Lzen
09-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Mythical threads? Ever since they named Huard the starter all you do is complain about it. You even have it in your avatar.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of us agree with him.

Reerun_KC
09-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately, I think a lot of us agree with him.

Yeah same here....

donkhater
09-24-2007, 09:07 AM
My desire to see Croyle play stems from just years of this team not developing a young QB. Carl simply is too scared. This team will not make the playoffs inthe AFC. And even if they did, they will be right back where they started next season. And for what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Huard is a likable guy. He is what he is. Maybe they are limiting the playbook because of his arm, but I will say this:

As much as I bag on the guy, I'm not sure he is the reason this team is 1-2. Special teams and turnovers (not really by Huard) kept this team from having a very good chance at winning those first two games DESPITE how the offense has looked. The first two games, Herm's gameplan wasn't that bad, they just failed to hang on to the ball and committed a TON of stupid penalties. That's not on Huard.

Herm's offensive braintrust was awful yesterday and the penalties are aggravating as hell. That's all coaching.

I happen to agree that Croyle would open up the offense and that Huard is limited in ability, but specail teams and coaching have stood out more in the losses and offensive failings more to me.

Crashride
09-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Huard won the game.. you fail again

FAX
09-24-2007, 09:34 AM
This is an interesting year, to be sure. There have been countless seasons where, had we been 1 game out of first place in the West after 3 games, I would be pretty happy.

Herm has hit the brakes on our offense so hard, I've suffered a brain bruise.

FAX

Extra Point
09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Herm has hit the brakes on our offense so hard, I've suffered a brain bruise.

Get well soon. Next week's the road goes thru a mud slide.

The Rick
09-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Keep in mind this though:

I too was calling for Huard's head in the first half. Absolutely horrible. However, he played serviceable in the second half.

If he really did call out the offensive coaches on the field though and his tirade led to the opening up of the offense, then it's worth having him start. I can't see Croyle, being young and unproven, calling out the coaches the way Huard did.

If Croyle is the starter, but the playcalling is what it was yesterday during the first half, it won't matter who the starting QB is.

Frankie
09-24-2007, 09:48 AM
The clip on Hard Knocks convinced me. CP wants Huard and Herm has practically no say in the matter. I've always been on the fence with CP. But this is the issue that has tipped me over to the "Peterson-must-go" side.

Lzen
09-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Keep in mind this though:

I too was calling for Huard's head in the first half. Absolutely horrible. However, he played serviceable in the second half.

If he really did call out the offensive coaches on the field though and his tirade led to the opening up of the offense, then it's worth having him start. I can't see Croyle, being young and unproven, calling out the coaches the way Huard did.

If Croyle is the starter, but the playcalling is what it was yesterday during the first half, it won't matter who the starting QB is.

That's an interesting take. Although I will say this. Last week in Chicago when Croyle came in, it was like the offense woke up. He started throwing the ball vertically.

boogblaster
09-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Last word, Huard=pratice-squad ..........

MahiMike
09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
As long as all the teams in the AFC West maintain their crummy records and the Chiefs are within 2 games, he keeps playing - like it or not. Personally, I think he's doing as good as he can with the play calling as predictable as you knew it would be.

Katie
09-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Why can't Huard audible a different play? You see 8 in the box, why the heck can't he change the call? Seeing the ball run up the middle against Minnies DT's over and over again, just made me sick!

ChiefsDJ56
09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
The problem is not all with Huard. I hate to say it, but if you bench Huard yesterday and bring Croyle out in the second half, we do NOT win that game. When you run up the middle on first and second down and get -3 yards, the whole world knows that you have to drop back and pass on 3rd and 13. He had no time to throw...period. In the second half when they started mixing it up some, he had time and made the throws. Hhuard can be a good QB when he is given enough time to make throws. He is not a play maker on his own though. He needs help.

patteeu
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM

Same and that's as it should be, IMO, although the way he sets tTC off, I almost wish he would.

InChiefsHell
09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
The thing to me is, yes the play calling sucks ass. But when you have time to throw, and you still throw a shitty pass, that's on the QB. Exhibit A, the opening pass to Gonzo.

Huard was not really pressured all that much yesterday, yet in the first half he looked like poop. Add to that the shitty predictable play calling, and you have a formula for failure.

If we are going to suck, I'd rather suck with Brody so we can see if the boy can play ball or not.

Rausch
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Say it to yourself until you no longer throw-up in your mouth. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

"I had learned to love Big Brother..."

Rausch
09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I agreed with the decision to play Huard to start the season, but when it's time to bench a guy it's time to bench a guy.

Whe should have sat Trent's ass the 2nd half of the playoff game and we should have sat Huard's ass the 2nd half of the Vikes game.

Huard has FAILED to maintain the starting job.

Deberg_1990
09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Huard might be the worst Chiefs starting QB since Steve Peuller.

Chiefnj2
09-24-2007, 02:32 PM
. When you run up the middle on first and second down and get -3 yards, the whole world knows that you have to drop back and pass on 3rd and 13. He had no time to throw...period. In the second half when they started mixing it up some, he had time and made the throws. .

I don't have the time or inclination to look it up, but I'm pretty sure KC continued to bang its head against the wall by runring it up the gut for no yards on first down throughout the 2nd half. The big difference was that on long yardage plays Huard started throwing toss ups to TG and Bowe instead of 1 yard passes to Wilson.

Sure-Oz
09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
If Huard struggles again they better put in Croyle, but give him a damn game winning plan, it's ridiculous how the offensive gameplan makes it nearly impossible to win. Sabotage!

DFB
09-24-2007, 02:40 PM
I agreed with the decision to play Huard to start the season, but when it's time to bench a guy it's time to bench a guy.

Whe should have sat Trent's ass the 2nd half of the playoff game and we should have sat Huard's ass the 2nd half of the Vikes game.

Huard has FAILED to maintain the starting job.

He WON the game! The pass to Bowe in the endzone....you really think Brodie could have made that pass? Croyle is a gunslinger, no doubt. And everyone is in love with him for it, but what good is a cannon if he cant throw the ball in the right place?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2007, 02:42 PM
He WON the game! The pass to Bowe in the endzone....you really think Brodie could have made that pass? Croyle is a gunslinger, no doubt. And everyone is in love with him for it, but what good is a cannon if he cant throw the ball in the right place?
STFU n00b.

Secondly, yes Brodie could have easily made that throw. He has the physical tools to make any throw. The only thing he needs is mental preparation at the NFL level, something he hasn't been given the chance to receive as of yet.

Rausch
09-24-2007, 02:46 PM

What good does protecting the football do if you're just going to punt it in 2 plays anyway?

These none-yard passes are why we have a league high 3& Out number. Huard didn't win that game, we won it despite him.

With the WR's we have we need to push the ball DOWN THE FIELD. Pull the defense away from the LOS and make them stop the 8 n' 9 man fronts.

Pound LJ, PA deep to EK or Bowe or Gonzo.

DFB
09-24-2007, 02:48 PM
STFU n00b.

Secondly, yes Brodie could have easily made that throw. He has the physical tools to make any throw. The only thing he needs is mental preparation at the NFL level, something he hasn't been given the chance to receive as of yet.

No n00b here. LONG time lurker. Ever been to Municipal? STFU

All this Huard bashing has driven me nuts. The pass was perfectly thrown to Bowe. High enough for him to leap up and grab it. Brodie would have sent that pass too low...or over towards Kauffman. I watched this guy for 4 years in college.

Brodie has all the makings of being the next Todd Blackledge....which is EXACTLY why Blackledge was the last time the Chiefs spent a high draft pick and pinned their hopes on a homegrown QB.

If Brodie would have came in 2nd half, we would be 0-3 right now. Instead, we're a game out of first place.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Bowe made a heck of a cath, that was a pretty crappy throw.

Frankie
09-24-2007, 02:51 PM
When Brodie is on he has shown he has a much larger repertoire of throws than huard. And he throws them nice and crisp. When he's not on it's a mental thing. I have no doubt Brodie could have thrown that pass.

DFB
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
What good does protecting the football do if you're just going to punt it in 2 plays anyway?

These none-yard passes are why we have a league high 3& Out number. Huard didn't win that game, we won it despite him.

With the WR's we have we need to push the ball DOWN THE FIELD. Pull the defense away from the LOS and make them stop the 8 n' 9 man fronts.

Pound LJ, PA deep to EK or Bowe or Gonzo.

Damon Huard is not the OC! I completely 1000% agree. Everytime we ran it up the gut, I banged my head on the wall. And then when a pass play is called, it's a $#@* screen pass for 2 yds. When Solari calls a 4yd swing pass on 3rd and 15, that's not Damon's fault.

Case in point, when they started calling downfield passes, Damon made the throws. The guy was 20-29 for 206yds. Imagine if they would let him have the reigns for a whole game!

keg in kc
09-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Imagine if they would let him have the reigns for a whole game!Thanks for that. I may never sleep again.

DFB
09-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks for that. I may never sleep again.

Yeah...we might just get back to the playoffs again. And some people would be unhappy about it... :shake:

splatbass
09-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Everytime we ran it up the gut, I banged my head on the wall.

You must have a hell of a headache..... :banghead:

Tribal Warfare
09-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah...we might just get back to the playoffs again.

Puhhhlease ROFL

FAX
09-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I just saw a replay of the touchdown pass to Bowe in the corner of the endzone. That, my friends was a hell of a catch and effort to get both feet down.

By all rights, Downfield should be buying Bowe dinner tonight.

FAX

Buehler445
09-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Damon Huard is not the OC! I completely 1000% agree. Everytime we ran it up the gut, I banged my head on the wall. And then when a pass play is called, it's a $#@* screen pass for 2 yds. When Solari calls a 4yd swing pass on 3rd and 15, that's not Damon's fault.

Case in point, when they started calling downfield passes, Damon made the throws. The guy was 20-29 for 206yds. Imagine if they would let him have the reigns for a whole game!

I have to disagree. Huard has thrown like 3 good passes all season. He can't throw a swing pass, he can't throw a long ball without it being a friggin rainbow. He overthrows Gonzo consistently. Brodie threw more good passes in the Chicago game than Huard has all season.

The reason we won the game, was because the receivers hauled in his rediculously aweful passes. Bowe showed me his hands, TG is always a monster, and Stupid ****ing Parker even made some nice catches over the last couple weeks.

I have to admit that Huard impressed me yesterday, but it is still NOTHING compared to what I have seen in Brodie. I sincerely beleive that Brodie gives us the best chance to win now.

BTW. Welcome to the planet. Lurker or not:).

sportsman1
09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Watch Casey Dick ( the other #11) throw. It'll change your perceptions of Huard in atleast a small way.

Dick= QB who hasnt thrown 3 decent passes all year.

Sure-Oz
09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Croyle is in the wings waiting, Huard is a week to week starter at this point

Frankie
09-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah...we might just get back to the playoffs again. And some people would be unhappy about it... :shake:
Even if the unlikely scenario you are submitting here had an ice cream cone's chance in hell, a lot of us are truely tired of barely backing into the playoffs knowing full well the rest of the field is way better than us. Getting our ass kicked in the PLAYOFFS is no longer satisfying. I don't think I'm alone in accepting a step backward for two or three forward later. If we are not a playoffs team let's not get there as a pretender. The next time we are in the playoffs I for one would like to be comfortable with our chances.

movinbones
09-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Are you related to John Elway?

I said " I am horse" not I have a face like a horse...

splatbass
09-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I said " I am horse" not I have a face like a horse...

I think his comment was because the word is "hoarse", not horse.

ChiefaRoo
09-24-2007, 10:59 PM

Elvis is right. The play calling is making LJ look like a chump as well.

DFB
09-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Elvis is right. The play calling is making LJ look like a chump as well.

Thank ya....thank ya very much.

DFB
09-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Even if the unlikely scenario you are submitting here had an ice cream cone's chance in hell, a lot of us are truely tired of barely backing into the playoffs knowing full well the rest of the field is way better than us. Getting our ass kicked in the PLAYOFFS is no longer satisfying. I don't think I'm alone in accepting a step backward for two or three forward later. If we are not a playoffs team let's not get there as a pretender. The next time we are in the playoffs I for one would like to be comfortable with our chances.

The three playoff appearances before last year, we had GREAT chances to bring it all home. 03, 97, and 95 -- we came in a franchise best 13-3, all three times. This past year was the first time since 94, we came in a "pretenders", as a wild card.

We've only been to the playoffs twice in the last decade. I for one would like to be in the playoffs EVERY year. But I also completely understand what you're saying and I agree that losing in the playoffs sucks. But you have to be IN it to WIN it.

Frankie
09-25-2007, 12:49 AM
The three playoff appearances before last year, we had GREAT chances to bring it all home. 03, 97, and 95 -- we came in a franchise best 13-3, all three times. This past year was the first time since 94, we came in a "pretenders", as a wild card.

We've only been to the playoffs twice in the last decade. I for one would like to be in the playoffs EVERY year. But I also completely understand what you're saying and I agree that losing in the playoffs sucks. But you have to be IN it to WIN it.
Obviously our 13-3s were flukes, or we would have moved beyond the first playoff game. We were always an incomplete team even with those records. On one side of the ball or the other. Plus I'm not really arguing about our 90s teams. My point is the current team needs to be built into a contender not patched up pretenders only to have reaching the playoffs as it's highest goal.

Extra Point
09-25-2007, 01:02 AM
I don't think most of the Planet gets Huard. His tirades this weekend only show you that he HATES Dick Curl's meddling, thinks Herm's offensive take is INFLEXIBLE, and that Solari's ideas about taking it to the air (from what he learned with DV) are relevant and applicable.

The conference in the locker room at the half, had to have had Huard's, Gonzalez', and other receivers' input. Herm must have said to the offense, "Do you think you can get it there? Alright then, let's do it!" And he must have asked his D to help them do it. If not, it couldn't have happened. I give Herm at least that much credit.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 01:46 AM
BTW...not to knock Huard...but on that deep pass to Bowe that was almost intercepted (Huard couldn't step into the throw, he had a huge rush in his face), Tony G got wide open down the middle.

I have a good feeling about next week.

CHIEF4EVER
09-25-2007, 03:29 PM
This isn't going to be a popular post but what the heck. We are not going to SNIFF the playoffs this season. I see no viable reason to continue starting a career backup. Let the kid (Croyle) get his reps and make his mistakes. He isn't learning squat holding a clipboard.

Extra Point
09-25-2007, 03:37 PM
This will go down in infamy as the "Huard Association Game" thread. Last post wins!

Frankie
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
This isn't going to be a popular post but what the heck. We are not going to SNIFF the playoffs this season. I see no viable reason to continue starting a career backup. Let the kid (Croyle) get his reps and make his mistakes. He isn't learning squat holding a clipboard.
That's my leaning as well.

FAX
09-25-2007, 04:14 PM

Actually, this is one of the craziest seasons in a while ... at least it's starting out that way, Mr. CHIEF4EVER. We're one game away from a first place tie in the division, for crying out loud. Who knows what's going to happen? Payton Manning could kill a dog this week and it's wide open in the AFC.

FAX

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 08:27 PM

I've been saying since preseason that we need to start Croyle because he is BETTER than Huard.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 08:29 PM
I've been saying since preseason that we need to start Croyle because he is BETTER than Huard.

I'm not so sure...Huard played really well in the second half yesterday. He played like he did last year. I don't know if Croyle is capable of that right now.

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm not so sure...Huard played really well in the second half yesterday. He played like he did last year. I don't know if Croyle is capable of that right now.

I would venture a guess that he can. Plus he can move better, and the passes he makes are better.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm not so sure...Huard played really well in the second half yesterday. He played like he did last year. I don't know if Croyle is capable of that right now.I honestly thought Huard looked scared in the first half last week. He was so hesitant... I was begging for him to throw the damn ball.

He did look like a different man in the second half. Either it was play calling, or he suddenly found his balls.

I thought Kris Wilson was going to have 100 yards at 2 yards a catch.

movinbones
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
I think his comment was because the word is "hoarse", not horse.

Awe sh*t you got me there...

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
I would venture a guess that he can. Plus he can move better, and the passes he makes are better.

Croyle was making mental mistakes in preseason. I don't trust him on third downs right now. Huard did a great job in the second half yesterday.

And then there's the interceptions...Huard isn't throwing dumb picks.

I was actually ready to throw Croyle in there yesterday at halftime, because right now the offensive line is going to protect him. I'm no longer scared that Croyle will get killed. But Huard showed he plays great when we run the same offense we did last year...keep it up!

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I honestly thought Huard looked scared in the first half last week. He was so hesitant... I was begging for him to throw the damn ball.

No one was open. That's why he was hesitating.

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Croyle was making mental mistakes in preseason. I don't trust him on third downs right now. Huard did a great job in the second half yesterday.

And then there's the interceptions...Huard isn't throwing dumb picks.

I was actually ready to throw Croyle in there yesterday at halftime, because right now the offensive line is going to protect him. I'm no longer scared that Croyle will get killed. But Huard showed he plays great when we run the same offense we did last year...keep it up!

Huard was making dumbass decisions in preseason too. The fact is BRODIE PLAYED BETTER in preaseason. Also, he has more upside to open up the defense. His throws don't reach the stratosphere or get people killed. The kid can throw a swing pass. He can bootleg (god forbid we run one of those). His passes are much sharper and harder to intercept. He showed that he can get out of pressure as opposed to just getting sacked.

Most of Huard's throws in Sunday's game were bad balls. He overthrows receivers, or throws behind them. He puts so much arc in them that the defenders have plenty of time to get there. If Huard was throwing those balls to Sammie Parker, there are at least two interceptions. Bowe came to play, and Gonzo showed why he is HOF material. Huard did not play well. TG and DBowe did. You talk about Huard being ice on third down, but what about the third downs where he folded or turned the ball over. A fumble does precisely the same thing as an INT, except its closer to the oppositions end zone.

On top of that, in the one series he had at Chicago, he didn't force anything and moved the ball 100X better than Huard.....Even on third down. I think a lot of his problem in preseason was that he was forcing stuff to win the job.

Brodie's upside is so much larger than Huard's it blows my mind. The two times they have been compared in a similar environment, Huard blew and Brodie made plays. I think you take the pressure of winning the job off Brodie and a lot of the dumbass mistakes go away. He will make them, but from what I have seen, he will make enough plays to get through them.

I agree Huard stepped up on Sunday, and I'm glad. It made the game bearable. I still contend, though, that Brodie is better than Huard. Huard was remarkably better than the first half, but I still think Brodie in that situation is more productive.

JMO, you are entitled to yours.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 09:03 PM
No one was open. That's why he was hesitating.Really? Bowe and Gonzo suddenly started getting open in the second half?

Why?

(I'm not being a smartass.. serious question)

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Really? Bowe and Gonzo suddenly started getting open in the second half?

Why?

(I'm not being a smartass.. serious question)

Playcalling.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Huard was making dumbass decisions in preseason too. The fact is BRODIE PLAYED BETTER in preaseason.

Not by any stretch of the imagination.

He can bootleg (god forbid we run one of those). His passes are much sharper and harder to intercept.

1. We ran a bootleg yesterday.
2. Huard isn't interception prone. Right now Croyle is.

Most of Huard's throws in Sunday's game were bad balls.

I think this is complete garbage.

I like Brodie and want to see him play...but I don't know if he's ready right now. We can't afford to put a guy in there that's going to throw a 25-yard rocket on one play and then throw a pick on the next.

I've maintained all along that there was no problem whatsoever with Huard. It was all on the offensive coaching staff. And lo and behold, they open it up in the second half yesterday, and he brings us back.

Does anyone think Brodie would have had the balls to scream in Dick Curl's face at halftime yesterday? That's what prompted the change in playcalling.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Playcalling.Fair enough.

Surely they learned a little something from it, then.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Does anyone think Brodie would have had the balls to scream in Dick Curl's face at halftime yesterday? That's what prompted the change in playcalling.The announcers seemed to think he was screaming at LJ.

Since then, it sounds like LJ and Huard were on the same side.

Whatever it was, it seemed to work. Still, it's a sad state of affairs when that has to happen. Shouldn't the coaches know more about what will and wont work than the players?

CrazyHorse
09-25-2007, 09:16 PM
No one was open. That's why he was hesitating.

By your answer it sounds like you were unable to make the game. He was throwing high and off target, when he did throw. People were open because the Viks had 10 guys on the LOS for most of the game. They were manned up on the outside all day long. NO WRS or TG was doubled. When we did throw we sucked at it.

The offense opened up in the second half because Huards late throws were still caught by highlite reel type catches from Bowe and TG taking huge hits and still holding the ball. Huard had little contribution to the win.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Shouldn't the coaches know more about what will and wont work than the players?

Not this bunch of rubes. I put it in the article last week and I'll repeat it again...no one on this offensive staff has any legit credentials whatsoever. The offensive braintrust in OAKLAND has more skins on the wall.

DeezNutz
09-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Does anyone think Brodie would have had the balls to scream in Dick Curl's face at halftime yesterday? That's what prompted the change in playcalling.

Unfortunately, this is probably the best reason to continue to play Downfield. He has enough seniority that he can challenge the idiocy of our coaching staff. Makes me feel sooo much better.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately, this is probably the best reason to continue to play Downfield. He has enough seniority that he can challenge the idiocy of our coaching staff. Makes me feel sooo much better.Huard does have some fire. That guy was PISSED.

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
1. We ran a bootleg yesterday.
2. Huard isn't interception prone. Right now Croyle is.

I missed it. My bad. Apologies.

Huard has 3 Interceptions and 2 TD's I wouldn't neccessarily call him NOT interception prone.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Huard is likely serviceable this season. And that's good for him. But I believe Brodie is better. In every instance that I've seen them play the same D Brodie has looked better.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Huard has 3 Interceptions and 2 TD's I wouldn't neccessarily call him NOT interception prone.

Why? One interception was a receivers fault, one was a freak play when the game was already decided, and the third was an unbelievable play by a DB. Only one of those really counts for anything. The INTs Brodie was throwing in preseason were DUMB throws.

In every instance that I've seen them play the same D Brodie has looked better.

There's not really enough data to make a comparison. Huard didn't play much in preseason. Yeah Brodie made a nice throw in Chicago. Big deal. The rest of his completions were checkdowns. Wooooooooeeeeeee!

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 09:25 PM

I do have to give that one to you though. That was complete horseshit that it came to that....Rediculous.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 09:26 PM
I missed it. My bad. Apologies.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Huard is likely serviceable this season. And that's good for him. But I believe Brodie is better. In every instance that I've seen them play the same D Brodie has looked better.I'd go with Croyle, not because I think he'd win more games this season, but because Huard can't win enough more to matter much.

In the grand scheme of things, we're just spinning our wheels with Damon. I don't dislike him, but he does nothing for our future.

If he's not in our long-term plans, and we're not a contender this season.. why?

I think most fans agree with that.. but I'm not sure Carl understands it.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
I'd go with Croyle, not because I think he'd win more games this season, but because Huard can't win enough more to matter much.

In the grand scheme of things, we're just spinning our wheels with Damon. I don't dislike him, but he does nothing for our future.

If he's not in our long-term plans, and we're not a contender this season.. why?

I think most fans agree with that.. but I'm not sure Carl understands it.

I honestly think they'd lose the locker room if they started Croyle. The veterans don't want it. They want to win and make the playoffs.

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Why? One interception was a receivers fault, one was a freak play when the game was already decided, and the third was an unbelievable play by a DB. Only one of those really counts for anything. The INTs Brodie was throwing in preseason were DUMB throws.

True, but the throws Huard was making were retarted also. Why does he get a free pass?

There's not really enough data to make a comparison. Huard didn't play much in preseason. Yeah Brodie made a nice throw in Chicago. Big deal. The rest of his completions were checkdowns. Wooooooooeeeeeee!

Brodie threw 4 good passes against Chicago in a couple of minutes. Huard threw 0 good sharp passes the entire game.

There isn't enough evidence to do an effective analysis. I agree. But why in the name of shit don't you go with the more talented kid. Huard hasn't been a god. And in the albeit limited access we had to Brodie, he has looked better than Huard. I still have no evidence that Huard is better than Croyle.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I honestly think they'd lose the locker room if they started Croyle. The veterans don't want it. They want to win and make the playoffs.In a way that's understandable.

Guys like Tony G? He doesn't have a lot of time left... and he sure knows the QB's better than any of us.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 09:34 PM
True, but the throws Huard was making were retarted also. Why does he get a free pass?

Really? Let's look at his interceptions.

1. Perfectly thrown ball, dropped by the WR and batted up into the air. Not Huard's fault in any way.

2. Great play by a DT when the game was already over.

3. Pretty good throw. Great play by a DB to tip it to the safety/

None of these were dumb decisions. In preseason Croyle was throwing into coverage.

Brodie threw 4 good passes against Chicago in a couple of minutes. Huard threw 0 good sharp passes the entire game.

Wow. This is a really biased opinion, man. Huard threw some good passes in that ballgame.

I still have no evidence that Huard is better than Croyle.

Last season. The second half against Minnesota.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Even Croyle would tell you his INT's were dumb. He said so.

That's just what young, inexperienced QB's do.

(Don't give me some retarded example who's the one exception to the rule)

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Really? Let's look at his interceptions.

1. Perfectly thrown ball, dropped by the WR and batted up into the air. Not Huard's fault in any way.

2. Great play by a DT when the game was already over.

3. Pretty good throw. Great play by a DB to tip it to the safety/

None of these were dumb decisions. In preseason Croyle was throwing into coverage.

Wow. This is a really biased opinion, man. Huard threw some good passes in that ballgame.

Last season. The second half against Minnesota.

I wasn't talking about Huard's interceptions in the regular season, I was talking about preseason when we could compare him to Brodie. They were both making bonehead plays.

As for the Chicago game, Huard looked like shit. Total shit.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I wasn't talking about Huard's interceptions in the regular season, I was talking about preseason when we could compare him to Brodie. They were both making bonehead plays.

Huard barely played in the preseason. I'm not following you. He threw one interception, which was a good decision, it was just slightly overthrown. Brodie was far worse.

As for the Chicago game, Huard looked like shit. Total shit.

He made a few good throws. Saying they all sucked is biased. The guy was 19 for 28. You wanna see shit? Put Brodie in that game from the beginning. Interceptions galore.

The grass is decidedly NOT greener on the other side.

CHIEF4EVER
09-25-2007, 09:51 PM
What exactly are we going to gain by letting Huard be the starter? We aren't going to the playoffs and even if we do squeak in, we will get killed in the first round. Sad but true. We need to be looking to the future. We are rebuilding. Our younguns on the D are finally coming together. Let Croyle get through his growing pains and make his mistakes. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain IMO.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 09:52 PM
BTW...Bowe was down:

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/5018/downsc8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Huard barely played in the preseason. I'm not following you. He threw one interception, which was a good decision, it was just slightly overthrown. Brodie was far worse.

He made a few good throws. Saying they all sucked is biased. The guy was 19 for 28. You wanna see shit? Put Brodie in that game from the beginning. Interceptions galore.

The grass is decidedly NOT greener on the other side.

Huard barely played in preseason, but he still played like shit. He threw one interception but had several others that could have been. To point out Brodie's Interceptions in preseason is pointless because Huard was doing the same shit.

As for the Chicago game, just because he completed 19 passes doesn't mean they were good passes. 0 may have been an exageration, but Croyle's drive looked significantly better than anything Huard could put together.

As for your interception postulation, what makes you think it would have been pick city. He didn't force anything. He very well could have, it was the end of the game and we were down, but he didn't force it.

It's tough to compare them, because they haven't been on the field too much together. But I still feel Croyle is better than Huard. Hands down.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Huard barely played in preseason, but he still played like shit. He threw one interception but had several others that could have been.

Garbage. The dude threw like 7 passes and most of them were checkdowns. You're flat out wrong here. Brodie was BY FAR worse. BY FAR.

As for the Chicago game, just because he completed 19 passes doesn't mean they were good passes. 0 may have been an exageration, but Croyle's drive looked significantly better than anything Huard could put together.

Croyle threw ONE GOOD PASS in that drive. Then he started checking down. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE!

As for your interception postulation, what makes you think it would have been pick city. He didn't force anything.

Chicago was bringing pressure all game. Brodie for sure would have made a mistake like he did in preseason.

But I still feel Croyle is better than Huard. Hands down.

I don't. I have zero confidence that Croyle can go in a game right now and not throw a dumb interception. I'm pleased with the protection right now, so I don't mind putting Croyle in there, but not until Huard shows he's incapable of moving the offense. The second half yesterday was a return to what we did last year.

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Garbage. The dude threw like 7 passes and most of them were checkdowns. You're flat out wrong here. Brodie was BY FAR worse. BY FAR.

Croyle threw ONE GOOD PASS in that drive. Then he started checking down. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE!

Chicago was bringing pressure all game. Brodie for sure would have made a mistake like he did in preseason.

I don't. I have zero confidence that Croyle can go in a game right now and not throw a dumb interception. I'm pleased with the protection right now, so I don't mind putting Croyle in there, but not until Huard shows he's incapable of moving the offense. The second half yesterday was a return to what we did last year.

I disagree.

I disagree.

I disagree.

I disagree.

At this point its pretty much a matter of opinion on both our parts, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

I like what Huard has done for KC, but I think Brodie is better.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
It's not a matter of opinion, sorry. Brodie sucked in preseason. Huard barely played.

What gives you any confidence that Croyle won't continue throwing interceptions?

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 10:23 PM
It's not a matter of opinion, sorry. Brodie sucked in preseason. Huard barely played.

What gives you any confidence that Croyle won't continue throwing interceptions?

Dude, most of what you posted was opinion.

Brodie sucked in preseason. Huard did too. He played plenty to see that he wasn't any better than Croyle.

As to what gives me confidence that interceptions won't happen? None. Huard already has three and at least one fumble. Peyton Manning threw 2 the other week. Interceptions will happen guarenteed.

Brodie has talent enough to play through them. I think he learned a lot from preseason. Which is why he was throwing checkdowns against Chicago. I'm willing to give the guy a shot because his upside is so much larger than Huard's. And he proved that he can move the ball when Huard can't, in both preseason and against Chicago.

It's like saying I can mow lawns for $7 an hour for the rest of my life or I can go to college endure some shit classes and make some damn money.

Furthermore, I think his ability to move the offense will keep him out of some of the shitty situatoins Huard gets into. Moreover, if he expereinces some sucess, LJ will become a monster, and he won't be forced into obvious throwing situations like Huard is.

Its ultimately my opinion that Brodie is better than Huard.

I can't say for a fact that he will be better, but you also can't say that Huard won't resort to the first half type play that we had seen for the previous 10 quarters of ball.

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Dude, most of what you posted was opinion.

Nope.

Brodie sucked in preseason. Huard did too. He played plenty to see that he wasn't any better than Croyle.

Huard attempted nine passes this preseason. He didn't make any bad decisions. All we really saw from him was a bunch of checkdowns. Saying he "sucked" is biased. Brodie REALLY sucked. I mean he was GOD AWFUL. Huard NEVER looked that bad at any point. It's a fact.

I can't say for a fact that he will be better, but you also can't say that Huard won't resort to the first half type play that we had seen for the previous 10 quarters of ball.

I have confidence that Huard will continue to play well as long as the coaches remove their heads from their asses.

I don't have confidence that Brodie won't continue to sling interceptions.

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Nope.

Absolutely positively wrong. You can spout stats all you want but it is your OPINION on whether or not they are good. A fact is that I weigh 250 pounds. Its my OPINION that 250 pounds is a good weight for me.

Huard attempted nine passes this preseason. He didn't make any bad decisions. All we really saw from him was a bunch of checkdowns. Saying he "sucked" is biased. Brodie REALLY sucked. I mean he was GOD AWFUL. Huard NEVER looked that bad at any point. It's a fact.

Still your opinon. He threw overthrew a pass to TG that bounced off his hands. That screams interception. It was then publicized on HBO that he was looking for DBowe who ran a wrong route and he THREW IT ANYWAY.

9 passes is a fact. He didn't make any bad decisions is YOUR OPINION.

I have confidence that Huard will continue to play well as long as the coaches remove their heads from their asses.

I don't have confidence that Brodie won't continue to sling interceptions.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to that. But I disagree

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Seriously...Brodie's performance in the preseason graded out as a D.

Huard got an incomplete.

At this juncture anyone that wants Brodie in is just suffering from grass is greener syndrome. Either that or they really want to tank the season.

sedated
09-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Huard had no chance in preseason, all of his plays were runs.

And he played like shit in 2006 preseason, when he saved the season IN THE 2006-2007 REGULAR SEASON.

what has Croyle shown in the regular season, besides 2 picks?

Give the team a chance before you flush the season down the drain thinking of the future. If we are out of it after half the season, put in the youngster, but not a minute before you have to. Huard did better than Green last year, and we might have had a chance in Indy last year (given our D) if Huard would have seen the field.

KcMizzou
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM

Huard got an incomplete.

At this juncture anyone that wants Brodie in is just suffering from grass is greener syndrome. Either that or they really want to tank the season.Who's grades are those?

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Who's grades are those?

Those are mine. Can you seriously argue otherwise? Croyle was a disaster in preseason. His touchdown drive raised his grade up from F.

Buehler445
09-25-2007, 10:51 PM

Huard got an incomplete.

At this juncture anyone that wants Brodie in is just suffering from grass is greener syndrome. Either that or they really want to tank the season.

I'm not disagreeing with anything in the first two statements. But you can't tell me that Huard DID play better than Croyle.

Maybe I do have the grass is greener syndrome. But I do believe Brodie is better than Huard. Disagree all you want.

Even if Brodie is the one and only SUCK, at least we know. Huard isn't taking us to the big game, so I fail to see why we need to wait another year, let our playmakers age, waste more draft picks on a potential QBOTF.

The fact is that while Huard has been very servicable as a backup QB, but he isn't the answer. We POTENTIALLY have the answer sitting on the goddamned bench. If he isn't the answer, we need to dump his ass before April. We have absolutely no idea what we have until we get him in a game. If the coaching staff was convinced he was NOT the answer, they would have sent him packing with Printers. And playing Huard because he "isn't sucking" is not finding out what we have at QB.

If that is the grass is greener syndrome or wanting to tank the season, then so be it. I'm content with that.

RustShack
09-25-2007, 10:59 PM
It's hard to throw the ball when you are down big and they know you have to pass to come back, which is whey Brodie had those picks. Huard always looks bad in preseaon, so it doesn't matter that Croyle did. Croyle didn't have Bowe, LJ, or McIntosh, during most of camp and pre season. Not everyone played at once during pre season, and there was no game plan so Croyle didn't have to look good. I was very impressed with him against the Bears, they might not of blitzed as much, but still with no blitz they can get just as much if not more pressure as a lot of other teams. Either way, Croyle has a better arm, better mobility in the pocket, and waaay more of an upside.

Cochise
09-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Don't forget - he gets PAID to do this. Therefore he > you

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Don't forget - he gets PAID to do this. Therefore he > you

Don't put words in my mouth. I certainly don't get paid to post on message boards.

ChiefsCountry
09-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Dang what a flip flopped opinion in a month.
http://chiefs.scout.com/2/669592.html

DFB
09-26-2007, 12:02 AM
I honestly think they'd lose the locker room if they started Croyle. The veterans don't want it. They want to win and make the playoffs.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. And whether everyone likes it or not, Damon Huard gives this team the best chance to win RIGHT NOW. Which is why he is the starter.

Why is everyone against winning? That's ridiculous!

DFB
09-26-2007, 12:11 AM
What exactly are we going to gain by letting Huard be the starter? We aren't going to the playoffs and even if we do squeak in, we will get killed in the first round. Sad but true. We need to be looking to the future. We are rebuilding. Our younguns on the D are finally coming together. Let Croyle get through his growing pains and make his mistakes. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain IMO.

I would much rather squeak in the playoffs and have a chance, then sit through a 5-11 season watching Brodie Blackledge throw INTs into the endzone. You have to be IN it to WIN it. But you mean you would rather throw the season away so a kid who needs a haircut can practice his throws for 2010??

A win Sunday and a likely Denver loss....and we would be tied for first with 1/4 of the season gone. But you want to let Blackledge play so he can practice and get better?!? Brodie can get better just like everyone else....in the offseason or when the playoffs are out of reach. And not until then. And that is what will happen. Book it.

You would think that with a guy that rescued the season last year, took them to the playoffs for only the second time in a decade, and is 7-0 at home as a starter, people (including Solari) would give him a chance to lead this team again. :shake:

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Did Carl move to Memphis?

CHIEF4EVER
09-26-2007, 12:26 AM
I would much rather squeak in the playoffs and have a chance, then sit through a 5-11 season watching Brodie Blackledge throw INTs into the endzone. You have to be IN it to WIN it. But you mean you would rather throw the season away so a kid who needs a haircut can practice his throws for 2010??

Herm and Carl have you programmed eh?

A win Sunday and a likely Denver loss....and we would be tied for first with 1/4 of the season gone. But you want to let Blackledge play so he can practice and get better?!? Brodie can get better just like everyone else....in the offseason or when the playoffs are out of reach. And not until then. And that is what will happen. Book it.

Optimism is a wonderful thing. Myopia isn't.

You would think that with a guy that rescued the season last year, took them to the playoffs for only the second time in a decade, and is 7-0 at home as a starter, people (including Solari) would give him a chance to lead this team again. :shake:

Color me unconvinced.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Denver is playing the Colts. They're toast.

DFB
09-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Did Carl move to Memphis?

:shake: Carl wouldn't come to Memphis. This place isn't safe for the young or the old.

DFB
09-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Herm and Carl have you programmed eh?

Optimism is a wonderful thing. Myopia isn't.

Color me unconvinced.

If by being "programmed" you mean wanting to field a playoff-caliber team EVERY year not once every FIVE, then sure call me a TI-80.

After the Colts dismantle a limping Donkey team, I'll gladly accept your retraction and apology.

CHIEF4EVER
09-26-2007, 01:54 AM
If by being "programmed" you mean wanting to field a playoff-caliber team EVERY year not once every FIVE, then sure call me a TI-80.

After the Colts dismantle a limping Donkey team, I'll gladly accept your retraction and apology.

After the Colts dismantle a Donk team that just got assraped by the Jags you mean? At home. LMAO

CrazyHorse
09-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Um....this just in, Huard sucks.

After 3 games played, who in thier right mind thinks he is going to take us to the Superbowl?

The only part of this team that has given us any hope of winning a football game is the defense.

The arguement that Huard is the best QB we have to win now is weak. He may give us the best chance to win compared to a QB that has no NFL experience. However, he doesn't give us much of a chance to win playing against other NFL teams.

I'm not sure why all you Carl Petersons are so afraid of biting the bullet and seeing what we have in the young QB. Winning an extra game or two this season will net us 0. This offense under this QB will not have what it takes to do anything post season. That's assuming we would make the post season with him, which I dont.

At least with the youngster, we have an opportunity for something better. There's alsoo a chance that he will be worse. What better time to find out than now? Would you rather wait till next season? Because it will happen. The only question is when.

Is there anyone here that feels we will win the SB with Huard? If not, then we are wasting our time.

If you do feel like we have a chance to win the SB with Huard then step up and say so. Because everything else is just a message board circle jerk.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. And whether everyone likes it or not, Damon Huard gives this team the best chance to win RIGHT NOW. Which is why he is the starter.

Because n00b, Huard hasnt done anything that has shown us in 3 games that he is the future of this franchise and that he gives us the best chance to win right now....

Actually he has looked worse than a 2nd year player and he is supposed to be the savy proven vet that everyone in KC Dreams of....

But as along as he can complete 15 swing passes a game for 10 yards and keep that completion percentage up.. Everyone will be lining up to defend him..

chagrin
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
DFB - The problem with herm (out of the many but to this particular beef) is that he let Trent go in the name of YOUTH, he has made YOUTH his mantra all offseason, and gives the team to Damon Huard - he's not even a leader of the team.

His back and forth on the QB vs his getting younger speeach is a problem, it shows weakness and lack of confidence in making decisions.

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 09:44 AM
His back and forth on the QB vs his getting younger speeach is a problem, it shows weakness and lack of confidence in making decisions.Or it shows that the decision was taken out of his hands.

Really impossible to tell...

Otter
09-26-2007, 09:52 AM

If you don't get it by now please quit ****ing asking.

Extra Point
09-26-2007, 10:29 AM
When Huard holds onto the ball too long and a DL turns him into wood pulp, then Croyle will get his shot.

Dick Curl: "Brodie, see that vegetable that we sent into the locker room just now? Take my advice: Just don't let it happen to you."

Brodie: "Thanks for the great advice, Coach Curl. Who do you want me to throw to for two yards on 3rd and 18, Kris or Larry?"

Frankie
09-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Even Croyle would tell you his INT's were dumb. He said so.

That's just what young, inexperienced QB's do.

(Don't give me some retarded example who's the one exception to the rule)
I much rather Croyle would toss his dumb INTs this year than next. This is the year he needs to get experienced. I do like Damon for what he is. A very reliable backup. But I really don't see us having a competitive season this year. On the other hand, try to convince TG and other vets about that. I say as soon as we look like we are not gonna make it, they should have a meeting with our vets and ask them to help and cooperate with Croyle's development. But till then I can understand why Huard is our QB.

DFB
09-26-2007, 11:06 AM
I much rather Croyle would toss his dumb INTs this year than next. This is the year he needs to get experienced. I do like Damon for what he is. A very reliable backup. But I really don't see us having a competitive season this year. On the other hand, try to convince TG and other vets about that. I say as soon as we look like we are not gonna make it, they should have a meeting with our vets and ask them to help and cooperate with Croyle's development. But till then I can understand why Huard is our QB.

Don't worry, Brodie will have plenty of time to show us he's the second coming of Todd Blackledge.

Chiefnj2
09-26-2007, 11:23 AM
At the end of last year Herm said he approached offseason evaluations by asking two questions:
1. Can I win a championship with this player?; and
2. Is this player ascending, descending or at a plateau in terms of developement.

If he is honest with himself and asks those questions right now, there is no way he can justify his decision to continue to start Huard.

DFB
09-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Neg rep for calling Brodie the second coming of Todd Blackledge. ROFL

Sully
09-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Interesting that a thread titled "The Last Word..." is now nearly 150 posts long.

Raiderhader
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Talk of playoffs and Super Bowls... good God. Huard may be our best chance to win now, but we aren't winning now so what the hell is the point? We were embarrassed in Houston, lost a game we could have won in Chicago and eeked out a win at home on Sunday. Playoffs? Get a grip on reality.

It amazes me how Huard came in last year and played better than expected, not great mind you, just better than we feared, and now he is somehow the guy who will lead us to glory in the post season. Huard is better than we feared, but he still is not that good. Brodie is going to have growing pains wether he plays this season or next; let's let the kid grow up this year and build a team for next year versus waiting to build a team next year for the next year. Pushing the deadline back benefits NO ONE.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Don't worry, Brodie will have plenty of time to show us he's the second coming of Todd Blackledge.

We arent worried... Huard is proving to be the second coming of Todd Blackledge...

DFB
09-26-2007, 02:52 PM
We arent worried... Huard is proving to be the second coming of Todd Blackledge...

What? Apparently, you don't remember Todd Blackledge. :hmmm: Huard vs. Blackledge is night and day. Huard is on pace to statistically murder Blackledge...and that's just after 13 games. Not to mention, Huard is 7-0 as a starter at home.

Blackledge-

+ Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT |
+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+
| 1983 kan | 4 | 20 34 58.8 259 7.6 3 0 |
| 1984 kan | 11 | 147 294 50.0 1707 5.8 6 11 |
| 1985 kan | 12 | 86 172 50.0 1190 6.9 6 14 |
| 1986 kan | 10 | 96 211 45.5 1200 5.7 10 6 |
| 1987 kan | 3 | 15 31 48.4 154 5.0 1 1 |
| TOTAL | 40 | 364 742 49.1 4510 6.1 26 32 |

That's right, our first round draft pick we took ahead of Dan Marino threw more picks than INTs for his career. Blackledge is the reason that KC has never tried again to groom a homegrown QB until now. Blackledge never led the team in passing, either. It was Bill Kenney all 5 years.

Huard- (by comparison)

| 2006 kan | 10 | 148 244 60.7 1878 7.7 11 1 |
| 2007 kan | 3 | 61 90 67.8 549 6.1 2 3 |
| TOTAL | 13 | 209 334 62.5 2427 7.3 13 4 |

But the comparison made from Brodie to Blackledge has more to do with than stats. Both highly touted QBs in college. (Blackledge won the National Title!) Both had lots of hype. Both were "the future". Everyone was excited and pushing for Blackledge to be THE guy. But every opportunity he had, he blew it. You get the idea. Not saying Brodie will automatically suffer the fate that Blackledge did, but I get an eerie feeling about it.

Don't think CP has forgotten HOW he got to KC. Blackledge wound up being the downfall of John Mackovic, Jack Steadman, and Jim Schaaf. <>gulp<>

Raiderhader
09-26-2007, 03:05 PM
But the comparison made from Brodie to Blackledge has more to do with than stats. Both highly touted QBs in college. (Blackledge won the National Title!) Both had lots of hype. Both were "the future". Everyone was excited and pushing for Blackledge to be THE guy. But every opportunity he had, he blew it. You get the idea. Not saying Brodie will automatically suffer the fate that Blackledge did, but I get an eerie feeling about it.

Don't think CP has forgotten HOW he got to KC. Blackledge wound up being the downfall of John Mackovic, Jack Steadman, and Jim Schaaf. <>gulp<>

Rarely do you have great reward with out great risk attached to it. Quit fearing what MIGHT happen. We already know what will happen if we don't take the risk, the same thing that has been happening for nearly two decades now. I'll take my chances, thank you very much.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
What? Apparently, you don't remember Todd Blackledge. :hmmm: Huard vs. Blackledge is night and day. Huard is on pace to statistically murder Blackledge...and that's just after 13 games. Not to mention, Huard is 7-0 as a starter at home.

Blackledge-

| 1983 kan | 4 | 20 34 58.8 259 7.6 3 0 |
| 1984 kan | 11 | 147 294 50.0 1707 5.8 6 11 |
| 1985 kan | 12 | 86 172 50.0 1190 6.9 6 14 |
| 1986 kan | 10 | 96 211 45.5 1200 5.7 10 6 |
| 1987 kan | 3 | 15 31 48.4 154 5.0 1 1 |
| TOTAL | 40 | 364 742 49.1 4510 6.1 26 32 |

That's right, our first round draft pick we took ahead of Dan Marino threw more picks than INTs for his career. Blackledge is the reason that KC has never tried again to groom a homegrown QB until now. Blackledge never led the team in passing, either. It was Bill Kenney all 5 years.

Huard- (by comparison)

| 2006 kan | 10 | 148 244 60.7 1878 7.7 11 1 |
| 2007 kan | 3 | 61 90 67.8 549 6.1 2 3 |
| TOTAL | 13 | 209 334 62.5 2427 7.3 13 4 |

Don't think CP has forgotten HOW he got to KC. Blackledge wound up being the downfall of John Mackovic, Jack Steadman, and Jim Schaaf. <>gulp<>Awww... isn't it cute? He loves Huard...
:rolleyes:

DFB
09-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Rarely do you have great reward with out great risk attached to it. Quit fearing what MIGHT happen. We already know what will happen if we don't take the risk, the same thing that has been happening for nearly two decades now. I'll take my chances, thank you very much.

Completely agree. It WILL happen. But let's don't rush into this thing and ruin what still could be a perfectly good season...especially after just THREE games.

DFB
09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Awww... isn't it cute? He loves Huard...

No, not necessarily. He compared Huard to Blackledge and I backed up my answer with hard evidence. What a novel idea around here!

I just want the best chance to win. Not next year, not 2010, RIGHT NOW. SUNDAY. And that is Huard. If the guy fails miserably down the road, then by all means bring in Brodie. But until then....

Brodie had a QB competition weighted in his favor. And couldn't win it. Look, I know Brodie is the sexy pick to play, he's young, he has a cannon, young QBs are some kind of trend now, etc. And it's easy to get caught up in the euphoria. But I'm focused on winning ball games, starting with the Eggos.

chagrin
09-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Or it shows that the decision was taken out of his hands.

Really impossible to tell...

That is a very interesting point

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 03:29 PM

You would think that with a guy that rescued the season last year, took them to the playoffs for only the second time in a decade, and is 7-0 at home as a starter, people (including Solari) would give him a chance to lead this team again. :shake:Go away. You are clueless.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 03:32 PM
No, not necessarily. He compared Huard to Blackledge and I backed up my answer with hard evidence. What a novel idea around here!

I just want the best chance to win. Not next year, not 2010, RIGHT NOW. SUNDAY. And that is Huard. If the guy fails miserably down the road, then by all means bring in Brodie. But until then....

Brodie had a QB competition weighted in his favor. And couldn't win it. Look, I know Brodie is the sexy pick to play, he's young, he has a cannon, young QBs are some kind of trend now, etc. And it's easy to get caught up in the euphoria. But I'm focused on winning ball games, starting with the Eggos.I'm sorry, you are not clueless, you're fuggin retarded... :shake:

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Why is everyone against winning? That's ridiculous!Do you like the fact that we haven't won a play-off game since the '93 season?

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Those are mine. Can you seriously argue otherwise? Croyle was a disaster in preseason. His touchdown drive raised his grade up from F.I really liked Huard's TD drive during the preseason...

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Huard got an incomplete.

At this juncture anyone that wants Brodie in is just suffering from grass is greener syndrome. Either that or they really want to tank the season.You go, Carl's bitch.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Nope.

I don't have confidence that Brodie won't continue to sling interceptions.Huard is playing like shit now, and he's got LJ to hand off too.

FringeNC
09-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Huard starts because Herm has a hard-on for check-down "managers of the game". Why the **** else would he be starting? Huard and Herm are perfect for one another.

DFB
09-26-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry, you are not clueless, you're fuggin retarded... :shake:

Wow, what an intelligent response to a factual argument.

DFB
09-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Do you like the fact that we haven't won a play-off game since the '93 season?

Absolutely not. It's gut-wrenching. Do you like the fact we've only BEEN to the playoffs twice in the last decade? :hmmm:

DFB
09-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Huard is playing like shit now

61 for 90 (67.8%) 549 yds in 3 games. Yeah, that's horrible! :thumb:

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Absolutely not. It's gut-wrenching. Do you like the fact we've only BEEN to the playoffs twice in the last decade? :hmmm:But, your are in favor of the status quo.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow, what an intelligent response to a factual argument.Not factual, your delusions..

penguinz
09-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I pooped a few minutes ago.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 04:05 PM
61 for 90 (67.8%) 549 yds in 3 games. Yeah, that's horrible! :thumb:6 YARDS PER ATTEMPT, DIPSHIT! I could do that...

DFB
09-26-2007, 04:10 PM
6 YARDS PER ATTEMPT, DIPSHIT! I could do that...

Damon Huard doesn't call the plays! He's not the OC! At what point during the translation does that get lost?? :banghead:

DFB
09-26-2007, 04:13 PM
But, your are in favor of the status quo.

No, absolutely not. Not at all. But I'm also not in favor of turning over the reigns of the team too early to a guy that hasn't proven anything versus a guy that lead us to the playoffs last year.

ChiefaRoo
09-26-2007, 04:39 PM
The last word on Damon Huard? He's not very good. That is all

FringeNC
09-26-2007, 04:45 PM
61 for 90 (67.8%) 549 yds in 3 games. Yeah, that's horrible! :thumb:

How many points has the Chiefs' offense scored again?

DFB
09-26-2007, 04:57 PM
How many points has the Chiefs' offense scored again?

26 pts. Right. I know. But again, I would attribute that to the playcalling selection. LJ has only 211 total yds, but I don't think we would say he sucks. The playcalling has alot to do with this.

KC Tattoo
09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
The last word on Damon Huard? He's not very good. That is all

This is true, ChiefaRoo. I am dumbfounded that people actually think DH is a good QB and is going to take KC Chiefs to the playoffs :eek: Super Bowl ROFL

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Damon Huard doesn't call the plays! He's not the OC! At what point during the translation does that get lost?? :banghead:

More than one player runs a route on a play. Huard panics and throws it to Wilson in the flat majority of the time.

DFB
09-26-2007, 05:01 PM
This is true, ChiefaRoo. I am dumbfounded that people actually think DH is a good QB and is going to take KC Chiefs to the playoffs :eek: Super Bowl ROFL

Just like everyone said the season was over after Trent went down last year?

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
More than one player runs a route on a play. Huard panics and throws it to Wilson in the flat majority of the time.

This doesn't fly with what happened on the field last year.

DFB
09-26-2007, 05:06 PM

I get your point. But out of 20 completions, only 3 were to Wilson. And all 3 were in the first half....when we were playing bumper cars with Minnie's D line. When the playcalling opened up, he didn't catch another pass. Coincidence? I'm just saying....

KC Tattoo
09-26-2007, 05:25 PM
DH did good last year, better than what Trent did also. This is this year and so far he has looked like sh*t and he is not as good as Brodie. Brodie did better than DH in preseason, sorry but the drive against the Dolphins was very good and he can repeat that performance (see Bears game) many times over than DH in any game. Yes Croyle is going to throw Ints., but I doupt that many of them, and he is going to throw a heck of alot more TDs (mostly to Bowe). Croyle can zip the ball downfield with accuracy, he is mobile and makes sure decisions with the football and makes his throws on time. I believe that our play calling can open up with Croyle but it is going to stay stale with Huard.

Frankie
09-26-2007, 05:39 PM
HD did good last year, better than what Trent did also. This is this year and so far he has looked like sh*t and he is not as good as Brodie. Brodie did better than HD in preseason, sorry but the drive against the Dolphins was very good and he can repeat that performance (see Bears game) many times over than HD in any game. Yes Croyle is going to throw Ints., but I doupt that many of them, and he is going to throw a heck of alot more TDs (mostly to Bowe). Croyle can zip the ball downfield with accuracy, he is mobile and makes sure decisions with the football and makes his throws on time. I believe that our play calling can open up with Croyle but it is going to stay stale with Huard.
Eh,... who's HD?

KC Tattoo
09-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Eh,... who's HD?

Oops. Huard Damon that's who.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2007, 06:05 PM
I get your point. But out of 20 completions, only 3 were to Wilson. And all 3 were in the first half....when we were playing bumper cars with Minnie's D line. When the playcalling opened up, he didn't catch another pass. Coincidence? I'm just saying....

No Huard just hit the right reads with Bowe and Gonzo like he should have earlier in the game. I sit in the upper deck and it was real easy to tell the routes and Huard was just checking down in the first half.

DFB
09-26-2007, 06:28 PM
No Huard just hit the right reads with Bowe and Gonzo like he should have earlier in the game. I sit in the upper deck and it was real easy to tell the routes and Huard was just checking down in the first half.

First half:
17 runs
10 passes

Second half:
11 runs (+3 to run down clock)
19 passes

Playcalling.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Damon Huard doesn't call the plays! He's not the OC! At what point during the translation does that get lost?? :banghead:Oh, I see. The 3-yard dump-off is the #1 read in this offense...

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:32 PM
No, absolutely not. Not at all. But I'm also not in favor of turning over the reigns of the team too early to a guy that hasn't proven anything versus a guy that lead us to the playoffs last year.Croyle hasn't proven anything BECAUSE HE HASN'T PLAYED.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:34 PM
26 pts. Right. I know. But again, I would attribute that to the playcalling selection. LJ has only 211 total yds, but I don't think we would say he sucks. The playcalling has alot to do with this.Huard has everything to do with it. Defenses are dictating. They know Huard sucks, so they put 8-9 in the box to stuff LJ, knowing Huard cannot beat them...

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 06:35 PM
First half:
17 runs
10 passes

Second half:
19 passes

Playcalling.

DING DING DING!

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Eh,... who's HD?Horrible Damon?

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2007, 06:38 PM
We were down in the second half of course you are going to pass more.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:38 PM
DING DING DING!Carl's bitch

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
The 5 short passes Huard completed in the first half (out of his 6 total completions) were not because of playcalling, they were because he was checking down. He missed Gonzalez early, then missed another pass the next series, and after that he appeared to just stop trying to go downfield.

He missed open receivers, he lost confidence, he didn't try hitting his first or second options after that.

It really is that simple.

Hopefully he's on the sideline soon and we start to see whether or not Croyle is potentially an NFL starting quarterback.

We already know Huard isn't.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 06:40 PM
I still can't believe people are saying Huard "missed" Gonzalez. The ball hit him IN THE HANDS. That's on Gonzalez.

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 06:41 PM
If Gonzalez was 27 feet tall that might've been a catchable pass.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2007, 06:41 PM
The 5 short passes Huard completed in the first half (out of his 6 total completions) were not because of playcalling, they were because he was checking down. He missed Gonzalez early, then missed another pass the next series, and after that he appeared to just stop trying to go downfield.

He missed open receivers, he lost confidence, he didn't try hitting his first or second options after that.

It really is that simple.

Hopefully he's on the sideline soon and we start to see whether or not Croyle is potentially an NFL starting quarterback.

We already know Huard isn't.

:bravo:

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 06:45 PM
If Gonzalez was 27 feet tall that might've been a catchable pass.

Whatever. Gonzalez has always liked the ball high. Green threw tons of high balls to Gonzalez. Is this a perfect pass? No. But it hits Gonzo IN THE HANDS. CATCH IT.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9335/dropmx2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
If you think that one's on Gonzalez you need a new prescription on your bifocals.

Bad throw.

End of story.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Whatever. Gonzalez has always liked the ball high. Green threw tons of high balls to Gonzalez. Is this a perfect pass? No. But it hits Gonzo IN THE HANDS. CATCH IT.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9335/dropmx2.gif (http://imageshack.us)TG was in the air when it glanced off his hands. Huard hung him out to dry. TG will say he should've caught it, but the fact is it was high.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 06:51 PM
So awful it hit him in the hands.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
TG will say he should've caught it, but the fact is it was high.

GONZALEZ LIKES THE BALL HIGH. ALWAYS HAS.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I still can't believe people are saying Huard "missed" Gonzalez. The ball hit him IN THE HANDS. That's on Gonzalez.Isn't it difficult to type with one hand on your keyboard, and the other on Huards junk?
:)

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:55 PM
So awful it hit him in the hands.Poor throw. TG is not only jumping up, but forward.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 06:55 PM
God, people will make every excuse in the book for everyone BUT Damon Huard. This forum will NEVER get over his bad preseason two years ago. EVER.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
God, people will make every excuse in the book for everyone BUT Damon Huard. This forum will NEVER get over his bad preseason two years ago. EVER.I don't give a shit about that. This is the reason he has been a back-up his whole career. He should NOT be starting. Period.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
God, people will make every excuse in the book for everyone BUT Damon Huard. This forum will NEVER get over his bad preseason two years ago. EVER.

How come you have changed your whole tune since the season started? In training camp and before it was all Brodie from you.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:59 PM
How come you have changed your whole tune since the season started? In training camp and before it was all Brodie from you.CLAY = ATTENTION. WHORE.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:00 PM
How come you have changed your whole tune since the season started? In training camp and before it was all Brodie from you.

Because Brodie sucked ass in preseason...

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 07:01 PM
So awful it hit him in the hands.I don't know that it's even worth continuing this discussion with you if you think a pass that comes in 3 and half feet over the receiver's head with two DBs closing is a good deep middle throw. It's probably good for Gonzo's sake that it was too high even for him, because both those guys were coming in for a kill shot and Huard left him fully extended and exposed. We'd have been seeing that one on 'jacked up'. Assuming they didn't knock him out with something serious.

It wasn't a bad pass, it was a f*cking horrible pass. And pretty much a photocopy of flamin' Damon's downfield repertoire. He throws two kinds of deep balls: overthrown, easy pick, kill your receiver; and wounded duck, floater, hope your receiver is fast enough to get there first.

How anybody in their right mind can think this guy has any business being on an NFL field is beyond me.

CrazyHorse
09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
DING DING DING!

Edwards said the play calling was the same. They got away from the pass in the 1st half becuase they weren't being completed, so they had to get away from it. In the second half they were hitting a few more. Same playcalling. Different execution. Said if Huard hadn't started playing better when he did, Brodie would have been in there by the end of the game.

I guess sucking for 10 quarters of football is okay, as long as for 1 and a half quarters you play mediocre.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't give a shit about that. This is the reason he has been a back-up his whole career. He should NOT be starting. Period.

What reason? People act like Trent Green was some kind of wunderkind. He didn't hit every pass with 100% accuracy. Jeez.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Edwards said the play calling was the same.

Yeah, I liked the downfield routes they were calling for Kris ****ing Wilson in the first half. When we stopped doing that and started throwing downfield to guys who are actually SUITED to run those routes, the offense worked. Amazing.

Buehler445
09-26-2007, 07:04 PM

Dude, it took everything TG had to get his fingertips on that ball. It is physically impossible for him to get to that ball. Have you ever tried to catch a pass like that?

TG likes to reach up and pluck it out of the sky when he's still on the ground so he can make a move and beat somebody while he is still in his route. He completely aborted his route as soon as Huard threw it just so he could get a couple of fingers on it.

Just because he made a miraculous move to get up there doesn't mean it is catchable. Much less where he wants it.

Bad pass.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Edwards said the play calling was the same. They got away from the pass in the 1st half becuase they weren't being completed, so they had to get away from it. In the second half they were hitting a few more. Same playcalling. Different execution.A nice way of saying your QB sucks balls...

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 07:05 PM
What reason? People act like Trent Green was some kind of wunderkind. He didn't hit every pass with 100% accuracy. Jeez.Compared to Huard, his were lazer-guided...

CrazyHorse
09-26-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't know that it's even worth continuing this discussion with you if you think a pass that comes in 3 and half feet over the receiver's head with two DBs closing is a good deep middle throw. It's probably good for Gonzo's sake that it was too high even for him, because both those guys were coming in for a kill shot and Huard left him fully extended and exposed. We'd have been seeing that one on 'jacked up'. Assuming they didn't knock him out with something serious.

It wasn't a bad pass, it was a f*cking horrible pass. And pretty much a photocopy of flamin' Damon's downfield repertoire. He throws two kinds of deep balls: overthrown, easy pick, kill your receiver; and wounded duck, floater, hope your receiver is fast enough to get there first.

How anybody in their right mind can think this guy has any business being on an NFL field is beyond me.

He did it again later to Gonzo, except Gonzo caught it despite the bad throw. The 2 best catches by Bowe were bad throws.

CrazyHorse
09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I liked the downfield routes they were calling for Kris ****ing Wilson in the first half. When we stopped doing that and started throwing downfield to guys who are actually SUITED to run those routes, the offense worked. Amazing.

Wilson is a check down. Huards decision.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Wilson is a check down. Huards decision.

No no no no no. Huard threw two DEEP passes to Kris Wilson in the first half. Why the coaches are trying to use him as a deep threat is beyond me. It's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen us do. He might be the slowest RB/FB/WR/TE on the offense.

DFB
09-26-2007, 07:14 PM

DING DING DING!

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Seriously, you'd think the guy was Jake Plummer the way people talk about him on here. He's played really well in his limited time here. I won't call for his head until he starts throwing a bunch of picks and making dumbass decisions.

FringeNC
09-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Seriously, you'd think the guy was Jake Plummer the way people talk about him on here. He's played really well in his limited time here. I won't call for his head until he starts throwing a bunch of picks and making dumbass decisions.

Jake Plummer is significantly better than Damon Huard -- only a homer would think otherwise.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Jake Plummer is significantly better than Damon Huard -- only a homer would think otherwise.

Jesus. This is getting ridiculous. Especially considering the state of our running game. Plummer would be throwing INTs like they were going out of style right now.

DFB
09-26-2007, 07:26 PM

Now that you've mentioned it, I'd imagine someone here will say Plummer IS better than Huard. Just wait for it.... :shake:

The guy saved our season last year and until he CAUSES us to lose a game, I have no problem with him. With the picks Brodie would throw, that wouldn't be very long.

DFB
09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Now that you've mentioned it, I'd imagine someone here will say Plummer IS better than Huard. Just wait for it.... :shake:

HOLY COW.

FringeNC
09-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Jesus. This is getting ridiculous. Especially considering the state of our running game. Plummer would be throwing INTs like they were going out of style right now.

Why the **** do you think our running game is so bad? I'll tell ya why -- opposing defenses have ZERO respect for Huard and Herm's downfield passing game, stack the line -- it's pretty ****ing simple.

FringeNC
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM

The guy saved our season last year and until he CAUSES us to lose a game, I have no problem with him. With the picks Brodie would throw, that wouldn't be very long.

NOBODY but us wanted anything to do with Huard.

CrazyHorse
09-26-2007, 07:39 PM
So you guys are basically saying that with Huard, we could win the Superbowl?

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Why the **** do you think our running game is so bad? I'll tell ya why -- opposing defenses have ZERO respect for Huard and Herm's downfield passing game, stack the line -- it's pretty ****ing simple.

That doesn't explain last year.

The coaches pulled their heads outta their ass in the second half last Sunday. If we continue to throw downfield - TO PEOPLE OTHER THAN KRIS WILSON - the running game will come.

KC Tattoo
09-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow...Just sit and think about who is in the AFC...Would you bet your money, Damon over any of these QBs?

AFC QBs vs Damon Huard

Peyton Manning > Damon Huard
Tom Brady > Damon Huard
Ben Roethlisberger > Damon Huard
Vince Young > Damon Huard
Carson Palmer > Damon Huard
Chad Pennington > Damon Huard
David Garrard > Damon Huard
Matt Schaub > Damon Huard
Steve NcNair or Kyle Boller > Damon Huard
Jay ****face Cutler > Damon Huard
Trent Green <=> Damon Huard (debatable)
Philip Rivers = or > Damon Huard... we shall find out this weekend

Get it.

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 07:48 PM
That doesn't explain last year.

The coaches pulled their heads outta their ass in the second half last Sunday. If we continue to throw downfield - TO PEOPLE OTHER THAN KRIS WILSON - the running game will come.Tell that to Huard, he's the one skipping his first two options and tossing the ball to his checkdown receiver. None of those are scripted plays.

And they called the same pass plays in the first half as the second. The difference is that they actually executed them, after Huard relaxed a little. For about 10 minutes. He played well enough to get them one touchdown, at least. That's more than we should probably expect from him.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:50 PM
How many times do I have to tell you Keg. Huard was throwing BOMBS to KRIS WILSON.

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey, for his arm, that is a bomb. That's the equivalent of a 60-yarder from Croyle. He winds-up and everything.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow...Just sit and think about who is in the AFC...Would you bet your money, Damon over any of these QBs?

Jake Plummer once beat Tom Brady. It can happen.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Seriously, you'd think the guy was Jake Plummer the way people talk about him on here. He's played really well in his limited time here. I won't call for his head until he starts throwing a bunch of picks and making dumbass decisions.Its easy not to throw picks when you are to chickenshit to throw it downfield...

DFB
09-26-2007, 08:06 PM

Right. Minnesota had a good gameplan. Stop the run and make KC throw. But like a bunch of dummies, we kept running LJ up the gut with 8-9 in the box. :banghead:

The second half, we started throwing on 1st and 2nd down. And we won the game. Whether or not Minnie respects Huard or not, when the handcuffs were taken off, we won.

First half:
17 runs
10 passes

Second half:
19 passes

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Last I checked, we started the game throwing on first and second down, and flamon' Damon couldn't get his wobbly ducks on target.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Its easy not to throw picks when you are to chickenshit to throw it downfield...

Sigh.

How many times do I have to say it? Huard was 6th in the league in yards per attempt last year. And he was lights out on first down. 7 TD, 0 INT. 9+ YPA.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Why the **** do you think our running game is so bad? I'll tell ya why -- opposing defenses have ZERO respect for Huard and Herm's downfield passing game, stack the line -- it's pretty ****ing simple.Exactly. I've said this numerous times. They don't listen...

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Sigh.

How many times do I have to say it? Huard was 6th in the league in yards per attempt last year. And he was lights out on first down. 7 TD, 0 INT. 9+ YPA.Last year? Who gives a shit?

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Last year? Who gives a shit?

I do. If you were rational about this you'd see that the absence of Terry Shea and Trent Green is to blame for the anemic passing offense. It took an outburst from Huard and LJ and to get the coaching staff to wake up.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I do. If you were rational about this you'd see that the absence of Terry Shea and Trent Green is to blame for the anemic passing offense. It took an outburst from Huard and LJ and to get the coaching staff to wake up.Wake up? 13 points at home is sleepwalking...

DFB
09-26-2007, 08:22 PM

You think defenses would respect Brodie right now? :doh!: D's will be disguising coverages, it would be a field day for defenses!

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Wake up? 13 points at home is sleepwalking...

We had TWO HUNDRED yards of offense in the second half.

We could have easily done that in the first half had the coaching staff not been committed to showcasing Minnesota's defensive tackles.

DFB
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Last I checked, we started the game throwing on first and second down, and flamon' Damon couldn't get his wobbly ducks on target.

Passes on first and second downs:

First half - 5

Second half - 13

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM

We could have easily done that in the first half had the coaching staff not been committed to showcasing Minnesota's defensive tackles.You are never gonna convince me that Huard is anything more than a career backup. We will not win shit with him. Did you fall and hit your head recently?

DFB
09-26-2007, 08:29 PM
This is my favorite:

1st-10, KC43 9:11 L. Johnson rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
2nd-9, KC44 8:39 L. Johnson rushed up the middle for 6 yard gain
3rd-3, 50 8:03 L. Johnson rushed to the left for 2 yard gain
4th-1, MIN48 7:09 D. Colquitt punt, touchback

If that's not bad playcalling.... :shake:

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 08:30 PM
You think defenses would respect Brodie right now? :doh!: D's will be disguising coverages, it would be a field day for defenses!Ah, see the difference is Croyle throws ALOT harder. Sure, Brodie will make some mistakes, but I am OK with that because WE ARE NOT WINNING JACK WITH DAMON.

CrazyHorse
09-26-2007, 08:31 PM

We could have easily done that in the first half had the coaching staff not been committed to showcasing Minnesota's defensive tackles.

So......

you're saying that Huard could take us to the Superbowl?

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2007, 08:31 PM
This is my favorite:

If that's not bad playcalling.... :shake:

I lost it when that happened. They SQUANDERED the field position Drummond gave them. Just PISSED IT AWAY.

The FIRST PLAY should have been a play action fake and an attempt at a deep throw.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 08:32 PM
This is my favorite:

If that's not bad playcalling.... :shake:Bad playcalling doesn't have shit to do with Huard being too timid to throw it to the 1st or 2nd read.

DFB
09-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Ah, see the difference is Croyle throws ALOT harder. Sure, Brodie will make some mistakes, but I am OK with that because WE ARE NOT WINNING JACK WITH DAMON.

It doesn't matter how HARD he can throw if he can't throw it in the RIGHT place! What good is that? Throwing it 90mph to the wrong team doesn't help us any.

And I am NOT OK with anybody making any mistakes.