the Talking Can
09-23-2007, 05:59 PM
a.....i..eh...........

Molitoth
BENCH HIM WOOOHOOOO

Mecca
This win is now detrimental for the long term.......ack.

Extra Point
What do you expect? We only have half of the Six Million Dollar Man. The bionic arm was back-ordered.

stumppy
09-23-2007, 06:00 PM
I just caught that too. I could have gone all year without hearing that.
Why lord ? Why must we endure this.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2007, 06:02 PM
I have a feeling Sandy Eggo will make Hermie to make a QB change.

the Talking Can
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
speaking about the QB position hypothetically:

as an example, if a QB were a 12 year Vet, it is reasonable that said 12 year Vet would need to be groomed like a rookie....ergo, Herm is brilliant...in theory.....

DaWolf
09-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I know we all are supposed to root against and dislike Huard, but isn't it better for the team if he pulls out of his funk and starts playing better like he did last year? Shouldn't it be better for him to succeed? Or has everyone here just already quit on this team?

Cause I'm telling you, "fail now for long term development" is overrated. Just look at the Arizona Cardinals and other perrenially crap teams. If our young guys are good, they'll be able to step in in due time and perform. Otherwise they won't. I don't see any sense in being pissed about Huard all of a sudden playing better...

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Sure. I believe that tripe. Herm wasn't going to go against the grain of mediocrity.

Never happen.

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I have a feeling Sandy Eggo will make Hermie to make a QB change.

Why make a change when you're in the groove?

No way will Herm make a change, unless Huard screws the pooch throwing the ball over the full course of the first half of next game.

blueballs
09-23-2007, 06:06 PM
San Diego will came at any CHiefs QB
like Whitlock after Gates BBQ -hungry mofos
better let Huard get the knocks next week

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
True dat!

donkhater
09-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Seriously. I highly doubt Herm has the call on this one. It was clear he favored Croyle all this offseason. True Croyle struggled in the preseason games, but so did Huard. You all saw the exchanges on Hard Knocks. Carl clearly has input on who starts at QB. If he didn't, he shouldn't speak in coaches meetings.

Ever since he got here, Herm has talked about building his team with an injection of youth. I think he thought he might lose the vets in the locker room by starting Croyle and admitting to a rebuilding year, but I get the feeling he is dying to see what croyle can do with Bowe, Webb, Gonzo and LJ.

the Talking Can
09-23-2007, 06:11 PM
I know we all are supposed to root against and dislike Huard, but isn't it better for the team if he pulls out of his funk and starts playing better like he did last year? Shouldn't it be better for him to succeed? Or has everyone here just already quit on this team?

Cause I'm telling you, "fail now for long term development" is overrated. Just look at the Arizona Cardinals and other perrenially crap teams. If our young guys are good, they'll be able to step in in due time and perform. Otherwise they won't. I don't see any sense in being pissed about Huard all of a sudden playing better...

i don't know who you are talking about...but just in general, better than what?

I've seen lots of contestants on American Idol improve week to week, sometimes dramatically...and guess what? they'd still get booed off the stage at Kamikaze's Karaoke Night in Salina...

HolmeZz
09-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Glazer looks like a penis.

JuicesFlowing
09-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I hate the Sparklers so much that I don't care who throws the ball. I'd rather it be Croyle though.

blueballs
09-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Speaking of Whitlock
he said Curl was a rat and got what he wanted
Curl wanted CRoyle

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Is it better to sacrifice Huard for the sake of learning better blocking, than to risking Croyle getting injured? Whoever gets the playbook right, communicates well with Solari, and doesn't throw too many picks (in practice, too), gets the call.

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
What Glazer didn't get to report was the rest of the sentence:

"I was going to bench Huard, but his second half play redeemed him for another start.

And Carl won't let me."

Skip Towne
09-23-2007, 06:19 PM
What Glazer didn't get to report was the rest of the sentence:

"I was going to bench Huard, but his second half play redeemed him for another start.

And Carl won't let me."
Yep, Carl won't even let him choose the uniforms.

chop
09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Ever since he got here, Herm has talked about building his team with an injection of youth. I think he thought he might lose the vets in the locker room by starting Croyle and admitting to a rebuilding year, but I get the feeling he is dying to see what croyle can do with Bowe, Webb, Gonzo and LJ.

How is he admitting to a rebuilding year just by putting Croyle in? Huard has not done much of anything this season. Croyle may provide a spark and get valuable learning experience at the same time. I think the Chiefs may stand a better chance of winning with someone that is not afraid to go deep.

King_Chief_Fan
09-23-2007, 07:18 PM

the young guy in Arizona got benched in favor of Warner. ML was 9/20 for 53 yards. Warner came in and threw for over 250 and darn near lead the team back to victory. Youth isn't alway the answer. However, in the Chiefs case, it may very well be.

donkhater
09-23-2007, 07:25 PM
How is he admitting to a rebuilding year just by putting Croyle in? Huard has not done much of anything this season. Croyle may provide a spark and get valuable learning experience at the same time. I think the Chiefs may stand a better chance of winning with someone that is not afraid to go deep.
I just think after the preseason Croyle had and the year Huard had last year, he probably felt like he had to go with Huard to save face with the vets. Obviuosly, I think Huard stunk it up even worse in preseason and think Croyle, despite the growing pains he will go through, is the QB for this team.

CLEARLY this offense needs a spark. Where else can they go to get it? This team is 29th in total offense and 31st in scoring. What is there about this offense are they hanging on to?

Mr. Laz
09-23-2007, 07:26 PM
when is Herm gonna bench solari ...... or himself?

donkhater
09-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Imagine how much better the defense could be if the offense didn't go 3 and out 6+ times a game.

Coach
09-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I guess this is what I find funny...

Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham considered benching Allen in the second half, but was rewarded for his faith.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG3&game_id=29230

runnercyclist
09-23-2007, 07:31 PM
This was clearly the week of the secret weapon

Mi_chief_fan
09-23-2007, 07:35 PM

Apparently, you missed Croyle in the pre-season. Very Grossman-like. Unfortunately, we don't have the same D that Grossman does.

movinbones
09-23-2007, 07:48 PM

At what part did he play better????

chop
09-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Apparently, you missed Croyle in the pre-season. Very Grossman-like. Unfortunately, we don't have the same D that Grossman does.

Apparently you hold Croyle to a higher standard than you do Huard. IMO, Huard was worse than Croyle in the preseason. Croyle made a couple of bad decisions along with some good plays. In the last preseason game Croyle would have been 4 for 5 had the receivers not dropped three very catchable balls. Huard did nothing at all to win the job.

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I guess this is what I find funny...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG3&game_id=29230

What in the f*ck could possibly have been the motivation to even consider making that move?

BigRock
09-23-2007, 08:59 PM
What in the f*ck could possibly have been the motivation to even consider making that move?
Only conditioning, but in the very next blurb in that "Quick Take" it says Bowe only had 1 reception coming into this game. Whoever wrote this obviously wasn't paying attention, so maybe he somehow confused Allen with the story about Huard.

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Huzzah! (Applause.)

I think Croyle will get playing time toward the end of the season when we have the division clinched and are resting our starters.