PDA

View Full Version : Glazer: Herm says Huard's second half bought him another start

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Jay Glazer just said that Herm told him Huard's second half bought him another start.

THAT is why some of us wanted the Chiefs to get pummeled today. Instead it's another week or more of Huard.

banyon
09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Yhey![/Hootie]

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 07:00 PM
but we won! with Huard. so yeah! I DONT GIVE A SHIT! MORE HUARD

Extra Point
repost

blueballs
Herm is entertaining the idea
that's better than some have hoped

Mecca
Simplex we are bad fans, and it's bad that a Chiefs win ruined our day, that is what I've learned.

jidar
09-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Simplex we are bad fans, and it's bad that a Chiefs win ruined our day, that is what I've learned.

probably pretty accurate.

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 07:04 PM
I refuse to learn.

;)

Mecca
09-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Just like some people don't understand what thinking long term or what it takes to win a Super Bowl are either eh?

KcMizzou
09-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Simplex we are bad fans, and it's bad that a Chiefs win ruined our day, that is what I've learned.Or that you're a douche... it works either way.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Or that you're a douche... it works either way.

So when was the last time I called you a name like a 5 year old, oh wait....

DaWolf
09-23-2007, 07:08 PM
So what? Either he plays well next week, or he gets benched. Either way, it sounds like the leash is pretty short if he doesn't perform, and we'll see Croyle sometime.

Thus, we'll either keep playing better on offense and he'll keep starting, or we'll see Croyle and have to deal with his boneheaded plays and occasional brilliance. I don't see what we lose here...

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't see what we lose here...
Time.

MadMax
09-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Jay Glazer just said that Herm told him Huard's second half bought him another start.

THAT is why some of us wanted the Chiefs to get pummeled today. Instead it's another week or more of Huard.

WOOT! Downtown Demon can suck ma baws!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disgusting!
Please bring Todd back if we are gonna be tortured all season...

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Or that you're a douche... it works either way.
At least he's not a Darche, who has no business as our long snapper.

donkhater
Like I said, a pyrrhic victory.

KcMizzou
So when was the last time I called you a name like a 5 year old, oh wait....I'm sorry about that.

Seriously.

It's just frustrating to me when you continue to trash everything about every player on my favorite team.

I'm ready to hear more about how shitty DJ is....serouisly.

You're just here to rub it in.

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry about that.

Seriously.

It's just frustrating to me when you continue to trash everything about every player on my favorite team.

DJ looked good. Hali looked good. I like the play of all the DT's today. The entire D looked good with the possible exception of the secondary which had some serious breakdowns.

Bowe looks outstanding. Gonzo looks like he can still contribute despite being a 30+ year old TE.

Honestly, if Croyle were starting I'd have no real complaints right now even if we were in the exact same place we are now.

JuicesFlowing
09-23-2007, 07:22 PM
I suppose next season our "Quarterback of the future" will be riding the bench also ... You have to start Croyle sometime ... WHEN?????????

Mecca
I'm sorry about that.

Seriously.

Ok man you are blowing the DJ stuff from the other day out of proportion no one said he sucked, but everyone had these expectations that he hasn't lived up to that is all.

Like i said I thought Bowe played a good game today, especially when you consider how many shitty passes he made unreal adjustments to, to catch. The D played well but at the same time I take it for what it's worth, I've never said anything bad about either end, they usually play well.

I just don't like how they look like they are trying to win 7 games instead of doing what they should do....

donkhater
DJ looked good. Hali looked good. I like the play of all the DT's today. The entire D looked good with the possible exception of the secondary which had some serious breakdowns.

Bowe looks outstanding. Gonzo looks like he can still contribute despite being a 30+ year old TE.

Honestly, if Croyle were starting I'd have no real complaints right now even if we were in the exact same place we are now.
From a player personnel standpoint, I honestly think this team is a left tackle and a QB away from being a very tough team to beat. Maybe the line gells and Huard and/or Croyle picks up the QB play another notch this year, but I doubt it.

Fruit Ninja
I just wanna win. I really dont care who the starter is. If huard plays like he did in the first half, i will be calling for Croyle. He played tons better in the 2nd half. Wether we are a 2-14 team or a 9-7 team. You dont ever give up. YOu keep playing and you k eep trying to get better and whatever happens, happens.

Fruit Ninja
09-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Ok man you are blowing the DJ stuff from the other day out of proportion no one said he sucked, but everyone had these expectations that he hasn't lived up to that is all.

Like i said I thought Bowe played a good game today, especially when you consider how many shitty passes he made unreal adjustments to, to catch. The D played well but at the same time I take it for what it's worth, I've never said anything bad about either end, they usually play well.

I just don't like how they look like they are trying to win 7 games instead of doing what they should do....What should they be doing besides playing Croyle?

Mecca
09-23-2007, 07:26 PM
They should be playing Croyle and basically any young player they think can be part of the future....experience is really important.

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 07:28 PM
From a player personnel standpoint, I honestly think this team is a left tackle and a QB away from being a very tough team to beat. Maybe the line gells and Huard and/or Croyle picks up the QB play another notch this year, but I doubt it.
By the end of this year I think we'll have MAJOR OL issues. They're all old and injury prone and some of them have been hinting about retirement. It sure would be nice to know if we also need to address QB in the next offseason.

kstater
09-23-2007, 07:34 PM
This shouldn't suprise anyone. We all knew Huard was going to start the brutal 4 game stretch to open the season. We all knew we were going to go 1-3, 2-2 at best. Herm's comments are designed to get Huard out of there after next week.

The Bad Guy
09-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Playing Croyle against SD on the road for his first start is a really bad idea.

Buehler445
09-23-2007, 07:41 PM

I cannot disagree with anything in this post.

Buehler445
09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
This shouldn't suprise anyone. We all knew Huard was going to start the brutal 4 game stretch to open the season. We all knew we were going to go 1-3, 2-2 at best. Herm's comments are designed to get Huard out of there after next week.

GOD I HOPE SO.

Guru
09-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Even when Huard was chucking downfield, his passes were crappy. Come on!!!!!

I am happy we won but we all know that Herm will go back into his RRPP shell next week.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 07:46 PM
So what? Either he plays well next week, or he gets benched. Either way, it sounds like the leash is pretty short if he doesn't perform, and we'll see Croyle sometime.

Thus, we'll either keep playing better on offense and he'll keep starting, or we'll see Croyle and have to deal with his boneheaded plays and occasional brilliance. I don't see what we lose here...With Huard you still get boneheaded play and NO brilliance.

Molitoth
09-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Huard did not win this game. His receivers just pulled down his shitty passes. The throws he threw today any QB in the league should be able to make.

Baconeater
09-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't believe for a second had we lost today that Huard WOULDN'T be the starter next week. Herm is just hiding behind today's win.

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't believe for a second had we lost today that Huard WOULDN'T be the starter next week. Herm is just hiding behind today's win.

Truth. Glazer is full of shite. Herm isn't about to make a big decision like that. To do that would go against the grain of mediocrity that has mired this franchise since .... forever.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Playing Croyle against SD on the road for his first start is a really bad idea.Blah blah blah

Fruit Ninja
09-23-2007, 08:00 PM
This whole damn season may end up to be a bad idea, but you still gotta play it.

gta0012
09-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow look at what green bay did to SD when they threw the ball. SD is sooooo weak on thier secondary. I hope Huard brings his A-Game and we utilize Bowe like we should.

Zouk
09-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow look at what green bay did to SD when they threw the ball. SD is sooooo weak on thier secondary. I hope Huard brings his A-Game and we utilize Bowe like we should.

Please get the thought of the Chiefs throwing a lot out of your head as soon as possible so as to avoid disappointment next week.

The Chiefs will play that game like the Bears game - try to avoid turnovers at all cost and make Phillip Rivers look like Brodie Croyle in the preseason.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 08:17 PM
There's quite a big difference in Brett Favre and Damon Huard...

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Favre is black?

splatbass
09-23-2007, 08:47 PM

I will never, as long as I live, understand why a fan would ever want their team to lose. If I ever get to that point it will be time to find another team or give up football altogether.

Then again, I'll never understand why you are a Chiefs fan. You have been the most negative, Chiefs hating poster since you've been here. There are Raiders and Broncos fans here that don't hate the Chiefs as much as you.

gta0012
09-23-2007, 08:50 PM

Of course. All i am saying is that it IS possible to throw on SD!

KC Tattoo
09-23-2007, 08:50 PM
This is my biggest fear for this season. #11 plays good enough and we win a few games here and their but nothing to build a championship with. We can go all year with games going either way W L and at the end of the season we are 9-7 with maybe a Wild Card loss. Our QBOFT doesn't get to play and we are screwed next year with a QB from the past. Carl Peckerhead is not going to draft a QB with our first round pick next year. Croyle is our only hope and yet we won't see him this year.

TEX
09-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I will never, as long as I live, understand why a fan would ever want their team to lose. If I ever get to that point it will be time to find another team or give up football altogether.

Then again, I'll never understand why you are a Chiefs fan. You have been the most negative, Chiefs hating poster since you've been here. There are Raiders and Broncos fans here that don't hate the Chiefs as much as you.

Yep. I may HATE HERM with every fiber in my body, but I NEVER want the CHIEFS to lose. I never understood either how anyone could actually want thier team to lose?

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I will never, as long as I live, understand why a fan would ever want their team to lose.
...because I would like to see a Lombardi in my lifetime. It's obvious the Hunt family needs to see a serious dent in their pocketbook before the necessary changes will be made.

The Bad Guy
09-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Blah blah blah

Nice comeback.

I'd rather let the 34 year old who this organization has no plans for in the future take his lumps as the starter against a blitz-happy defense, with a great front-seven, on the road.

I'm glad you want to throw him into the fire to get burned, but I'd rather hold off his start one week to play the Jaguars at home.

splatbass
09-23-2007, 09:09 PM
...because I would like to see a Lombardi in my lifetime. It's obvious the Hunt family needs to see a serious dent in their pocketbook before the necessary changes will be made.

Cuz losing has really helped Arizona, Buffalo, and Detroit. :rolleyes:

KC Tattoo
09-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I would rather win games with a young QB who is going to build us a championship than to waist wins with an 11 year clipboard holding career back up QB. I would rather watch a team in "transition" with the QBOTF not a QB who has 11 years holding a clipboard experience for our future that is not going to win us a SB this year or next.

#11 is just a waist of time with this team, he is not going to get us a SB this year or next year.

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Those teams keep trying to retread old has beens. Sound familiar?

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:07 PM
That's because for several of those years, those teams have lacked direction.

You wouldn't rather be Arizona than us? They have tons of young talent and a head coach that isn't a retread...

splatbass
09-23-2007, 10:55 PM
You wouldn't rather be Arizona than us? They have tons of young talent and a head coach that isn't a retread...

Let's see, Arizona is 1-2 and starting an old retread QB. Hey, we ARE Arizona.

KCChiefsFan88
09-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I anticipate Croyle getting PT next week, when the Chargers are smacking the Chiefs around.

RustShack
09-23-2007, 11:00 PM
During the 2007 preseason, the starting quarterback job in Kansas City was Brodie Croyle's to lose.

And lost it he did.

But, per Jay Glazer of FOX, Croyle almost got another chance to lose the job on Sunday. Glazer reports that Chiefs coach Herm Edwards was pondering the possibility of benching Damon Huard if his performance didn't improve in the second half of Sunday's win over the Vikings.

Huard's performance indeed improved, and Croyle will remain No. 2, at least for another week.

For the day, Huard completed 20 of 29 passes for 206 yards and a touchdown, to rookie receiver Dwayne Bowe.

PFT
(sorry if repost, didn't check to look- at least it wasn't a whole new thread if it was a repost)

boogblaster
09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Huard 1st half= practice-squad .. Huard 2nd half= second-string ....

ChiefFan31
09-24-2007, 04:51 AM

My thoughts exactly.

I just did not anticipate my disdain for Dick 'piece of useless crap' Curl and Herm just flat out being not smart when it comes to offense.

I like what he is doing with the Defense, that is what he was brought here to do, (Starts by having two solid defensive player drafts) but he is an absolute ****tard when it comes to game planning an offense.

I want to blame Solari, but Herm is the one who is dictating all the calls.

Reerun_KC
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM

Funny we arent much better as a franchise then those!

At least Arizona and Buffalo have won playoff games since 1994...

We arent even in the same league as Buffalo... When is the last time Peterson built a team that went to 4 straight superbowls and lost?

Reerun_KC
09-24-2007, 08:09 AM

Bingo.... Solari has no chance... See Herms offense for 6 years in NYJ... About as productive and pathetic as ours now...

We look like the NYJ's just in Red and Gold now...

Chiefnj2
09-24-2007, 08:09 AM
My biggest problem with Huard right now is the high floaters he is throwing. It's only time before Tony or Bowe take a good shot stretching out for one of his overthrows.

King_Chief_Fan
09-24-2007, 08:18 AM
My thoughts exactly.

I just did not anticipate my disdain for Dick 'piece of useless crap' Curl and Herm just flat out being not smart when it comes to offense.

I like what he is doing with the Defense, that is what he was brought here to do, (Starts by having two solid defensive player drafts) but he is an absolute ****tard when it comes to game planning an offense.

Ever hear of "two in a box"? Major companies use this concept when a balance is needed in major roles within the company. I think the Chiefs should use the same. Keep Herm for defense and hire a co head coach to manage the offense. Say good by to all those dumb butt assistants and let the game begin?

Reerun_KC
09-24-2007, 08:19 AM
My biggest problem with Huard right now is the high floaters he is throwing. It's only time before Tony or Bowe take a good shot stretching out for one of his overthrows.

Same thing in Miami last year... He almost ended Tony Gonzo's career with his weak ass crap....

HonestChieffan
09-24-2007, 08:21 AM
The real issue is the first half play calling should send Curl/Solari to the groundskeepers department

Rausch
09-24-2007, 08:22 AM
It should be clear by now that Huard does NOT make us able to compete right now. 1-2 with 8 & 1/2 quarters of crappy play.

Once we started to go downfield everything changed. I don't know if Huard is playing completely different (and $#itty) this year or the Herm/Solari offense expects the LOS pass as a staple...

I'm ready to see Croyle in there.

MahiMike
09-24-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't understand why you don't like Huard. He's fine. Why the diss?

Rausch
09-24-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't understand why you don't like Huard. He's fine. Why the diss?

I'm not a Huard-hater. I agreed with the decision Herm made to start the year with him. Croyle looked piss-****ing-poor in the preseason. If Huard gives us the better chance to win now we should start him.

After 3 games Huard is HURTING the offense. None-yard passes, swing passes, 2 yard check downs, on nearly every friggen play. Put the kid in and let him throw the ball.

DOWNFIELD.

MORE THAN 8 YARDS DEEP ON 3RD AND 11...