PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so you don't like Huard ... BUT

Silock
09-23-2007, 06:06 PM
No, Huard isn't the future. No, he's not a great QB. He was terrible in the first half. He was good in the second half. Most importantly, though, he didn't throw a pick. Can you honestly say that Croyle would not have thrown a pick, either?

Croyle may or may not be the future. Hell, he may even be the future for this season. But when you bench Huard in favor of Croyle, you're also saying that you're okay with turning the ball over. When Croyle finally gets the start and has a 1 TD, 2 INT 170 yd day, I fully expect to see people clamoring for Huard.

Huard is old and broken. However, as long as we aren't out of the playoff race, it's best that we start him if we are, indeed, trying to win. Croyle showed in the preseason that he doesn't always make the best decisions. Huard may not be the greatest QB ever, but he manages the game pretty well.

If our run blocking were a little bit better, I don't think we'd even be having this discussion. You really want to start Croyle when LJ is getting less than 50 yards a game? I don't. That's a TON of pressure on a young QB. At least, not if we're still in it. When we're out of it, I don't really care what leads to us playing all the risky guys, because we need to see what those guys are made of.

pr_capone
09-23-2007, 06:12 PM
The answer to the question in your sig is Silock.

Huard cannot and WILL not ever lead this team to a Super Bowl. That is the reason the game is even played... is it not? To win the Super Bowl.

By not starting Croyle ahead of Huard the organization is saying that mediocrity is acceptable.

I would 10 times rather develop a quarterback for the future who during his development throws interceptions as opposed to waste a season on a never-has-been quarterback who has only 2 more years of mediocre play left in him.

I was on the Huard bandwagon last year. Not so much this year.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 06:13 PM
People on this board are stupid.

I made a poll the other day, and the majority of fans on this board would prefer a 3 win season with Croyle as opposed to a #6 seed in the playoffs with Huard.

Scorp
09-23-2007, 06:15 PM

I made a poll the other day, and the majority of fans on this board would prefer a 3 win season with Croyle as opposed to a #6 seed in the playoffs with Huard.

Haha, does 1 and done mean anything to you?

banyon
09-23-2007, 06:15 PM
We're going to have a top 10 draft pick, we need to know if we should spend that on a QB or not.

If we don't play Croyle, we don't know the answer.

Micjones
09-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I think we'll see Solari open the offense a bit and we'll all be a bit more satisfied with Huard's performances. That's what happened last season remember? The offense was famished early on until Solari took the handcuffs off of this offense. From there Huard started making plays.

Planeteers are being a bit disingenuous.
I'd like to see Croyle myself, but only because he'd open up the offense with his arm.

He'd make a crap ton of mistakes that Huard isn't going to make regularly.

Silock
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Huard cannot and WILL not ever lead this team to a Super Bowl.

Trent Dilfer has a ring. It can be done.

JuicesFlowing
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
I can't fathom what Croyle and Bowe will be doing together on Sundays ... We won't need fade passes anymore ... Send in an arm, and the defense won't put 10 guys in the box. Hmm, maybe it's worth a try??????????????????????????????????

cdcox
09-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Most importantly, though, he didn't throw a pick. Can you honestly say that Croyle would not have thrown a pick, either?
But when you bench Huard in favor of Croyle, you're also saying that you're okay with turning the ball over.

The backward pass fumble was every bit as bad as an INT.

Huard had a TO today, and has in every game this season.

Silock
09-23-2007, 06:20 PM
The backward pass fumble was every bit as bad as an INT.

Huard had a TO today, and has in every game this season.

How many do you think Croyle will have? I would bet that it's substantially more.

movinbones
You can't block 8 guys with 5. Therefore we will not have a running game with Huard as the starter.

blueballs
The Vikes pass d is suppose to suck
there were some pick-able passes by Huard
he throws 5 feet over the receiver's heads

Dartgod
09-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Croyle could have done anything Damon did today...and more.

pr_capone
09-23-2007, 06:21 PM

They also had a killer D.

We have a D that lets a ROOKIE run for over 100 yards and catch nearly another 50.

We have a D that made Holcome look like a 2nd tier QB instead of the 2nd string QB he is.

We also have QB in Huard that is playing about as well as a post-concussion Trent Green.

Huard can only wish he were Trent Dilfer. The only way he will get a Superbowl ring is if he were to dig up Lamar Hunt and steal it off his finger.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Huard can only wish he were Trent Dilfer. The only way he will get a Superbowl ring is if he were to dig up Lamar Hunt and steal it off his finger.

Or hold Brady's clipboard for him.

cdcox
09-23-2007, 06:23 PM
How many do you think Croyle will have? I would bet that it's substantially more.

I can live with that for several games, as long as he is making progress. It's all about the upside with Croyle. If Croyle has no up side, at least we will know we need a QB. Right now we are playing someone that we KNOW is not very good and won't be in the league for very much longer.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
How many do you think Croyle will have? I would bet that it's substantially more.This isn't even the point. You are missing it completely. OMG I am done trying to explain this...
:banghead:

blueballs
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
if it makes you feel any better
Green would get the same treatment
except he throws at the receiver's feet

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 06:26 PM

I made a poll the other day, and the majority of fans on this board would prefer a 3 win season with Croyle as opposed to a #6 seed in the playoffs with Huard.Yes. If it prepares this team for the FUTURE, you can bet your ass I would.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I think we'll see Solari open the offense a bit and we'll all be a bit more satisfied with Huard's performances. That's what happened last season remember? The offense was famished early on until Solari took the handcuffs off of this offense. From there Huard started making plays.

Planeteers are being a bit disingenuous.
I'd like to see Croyle myself, but only because he'd open up the offense with his arm.

He'd make a crap ton of mistakes that Huard isn't going to make regularly.4 of his 5 wins were against the shitty NFC west.

movinbones
09-23-2007, 06:28 PM
:banghead:

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Trent Dilfer has a ring. It can be done.I could've gotten a ring with that D...

Simply Red
09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't think you're retarded for feeling this way, nor do I totally agree with it. In fact, at this point; I don't really know what the hell to think anymore. I will say this; It was a nice earned win today and our defense played their heart out.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
How many do you think Croyle will have? I would bet that it's substantially more.Your sig is fitting for you...

MadMax
09-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I can live with that for several games, as long as he is making progress. It's all about the upside with Croyle. If Croyle has no up side, at least we will know we need a QB. Right now we are playing someone that we KNOW is not very good and won't be in the league for very much longer.

BINGO! YAHTZEE!!! To hell with the morons who dont see this.

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Dilfer was twice the QB Huard is.

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
...and when you start him next year you'll still have to go through the same thing. Let's get that out of the way now.

Silock
09-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Your sig is fitting for you...

What's the matter? Couldn't come up with that witty response the first time you quoted it?

Micjones
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
They also had a killer D.

This defense isn't that good, by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe we're a Top 10 unit this season.

We have a D that lets a ROOKIE run for over 100 yards and catch nearly another 50.

You're being disingenuous. This kid may well be Rookie of the Year by the end of the season. He's not exactly chopped liver.

We have a D that made Holcome look like a 2nd tier QB instead of the 2nd string QB he is.

Huh? He completed just 50% of his passes.
And threw no TD's.

Silock
...and when you start him next year you'll still have to go through the same thing. Let's get that out of the way now.

The AFC West is wide open at this point. We could still win and get to the playoffs. Once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen. We get into the playoffs and maybe our offense lights up like Indy's defense did last year.

You never know.

Simply Red
Actually, I see both options/opinions and can understand them both. This is a very hard "O" to figure out (by us) (not by the opposing teams though.)

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2007, 06:39 PM

If KC doesn't play him how will we know?

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 06:41 PM
The AFC West is wide open at this point. We could still win and get to the playoffs. Once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen. We get into the playoffs and maybe our offense lights up like Indy's defense did last year.

You never know.
Indy's D got Bob Sanders back. Who are we going to get back?

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 06:41 PM
What's the matter? Couldn't come up with that witty response the first time you quoted it?No, I'm retarded...

Silock
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Indy's D got Bob Sanders back. Who are we going to get back?

Their whole defense stepped up. Bob Sanders did not shut us down single-handedly.

chop
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM

How much more production would Croyle have? I would bet substantially more. Huard has led the Chiefs to two td's in three games. How many three and outs have the Chiefs had? IMO, Croyle is an upgrade.

Silock
09-23-2007, 06:44 PM
How much more production would Croyle have? I would bet substantially more. Huard has led the Chiefs to two td's in three games. How many three and outs have the Chiefs had? IMO, Croyle is an upgrade.

With LJ being shut down like he's been, I don't think anyone would be much more productive.

pr_capone
09-23-2007, 06:50 PM
This defense isn't that good, by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe we're a Top 10 unit this season.

Perhaps we will be a top 10 defense but if it were not for Jared Allen, this would have been an embarasing loss.

You're being disingenuous. This kid may well be Rookie of the Year by the end of the season. He's not exactly chopped liver.

You are correct sir, but a Rookie RB in his 3rd NFL game after missing most of his previous college season has no business gaining 150 offensive yards on us at home... especially if we are a top 10 D.

Huh? He completed just 50% of his passes.
And threw no TD's.

He looked like a men among boys in the first half. At the very least there was a threat of a completed pass which opened up the run game unlike St. Huard.

chop
09-23-2007, 06:50 PM
With LJ being shut down like he's been, I don't think anyone would be much more productive.

I guess we have to disagree. I think Croyle would be better but that is just my opinion. Maybe Croyle can help LJ by making opponents respect his down the field play ability.

movinbones
09-23-2007, 06:57 PM

LJ is running into 8 and 9 man fronts because of HUARD. He will continue to get shut down as long as our QB's best play is an overthrown swing pass for 2 yards.

movinbones
09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
I guess we have to disagree. I think Croyle would be better but that is just my opinion. Maybe Croyle can help LJ by making opponents respect his down the field play ability.

Bingo!

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
With LJ being shut down like he's been, I don't think anyone would be much more productive.Huard IS the reason the running game sucks. Think about it. Defense puts 8 in the box and dares Huard to beat them. Which they know he can't with his noodle arm. Croyle throws twice as hard. That can make a defense more honest...

Silock
09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
LJ is running into 8 and 9 man fronts because of HUARD. He will continue to get shut down as long as our QB's best play is an overthrown swing pass for 2 yards.

Okay, so when Croyle starts, and there are still 8 man fronts, who are you going to blame? Solari? Herm?

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Okay, so when Croyle starts, and there are still 8 man fronts, who are you going to blame? Solari? Herm?When Brodie fires a few of his 40 yrd ropes, the D should back off.

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 07:02 PM
The inside slant pass calls were timely.

Silock
09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
When Brodie fires a few of his 40 yrd ropes, the D should back off.

I don't think he'll have enough time for the play to develop for that to happen.

pr_capone
09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Okay, so when Croyle starts, and there are still 8 man fronts, who are you going to blame? Solari? Herm?

Teams will continue to put 8 or 9 in the box until Croyle burns a few of them down field.

At the very least, Croyle has the tools to burn them down field. Huard can burn them 10 yards at a time and only pray for YAC.

gta0012
09-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Bowe is a monster. That is all.

pr_capone
09-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't think he'll have enough time for the play to develop for that to happen.

Huard got decent protection today. Our O-Line is much improved this year now that I-65 is gone. If Croyle is given that much time... he can make something happen.

KC Tattoo
09-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Vikes had 3 starters out, starting QB, starting RB, and starting FB. They could have killed us today with those guys. We got lucky they didn't call that a TD for the Vikes in the endzone.

Bowe made Huard look good this game (2nd half). Croyle would have done much better and we could have scored TDs in the first half. Our D can bail us out if Croyle throws INTs but we can't continue to expect them to shut every team down under 10 points (this is the NFL not baseball). We need a ballance attack with running and passing. Croyle could have made some big plays and run for a first down instead of throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage.

I'm in favor of starting Croyle against Houston and restart our season.

Huard may do just enough to keap his job, but he is not going to be better than a mediocre QB. Huard is not going to win us a SB. This was a waisted W because our future is about as good as the last 18-20 years.

Silock
09-23-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm in favor of starting Croyle against Houston and restart our season.

I would like to pay for access to your time machine.

chop
09-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Vikes had 3 starters out, starting QB, starting RB, and starting FB. They could have killed us today with those guys.

Do you really think having Chester Taylor start in place of Adrain Peterson would have helped the Vikings?

T. Jackson is not exactly a great QB either. T. Richardson most likely wouldn't have been in the game enough to make that much of an impact.

movinbones
09-23-2007, 08:09 PM

I can't wait to find out who I will blame. Right now I would love to blame some one besides Huard. All I ask for is that we have a QB that does not curl up in the fetal position or throw a wounded duck when a different color shirt is within 3 yards of him.

pikesome
09-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I can't wait to find out who I will blame. Right now I would love to blame some one besides Huard. All I ask for is that we have a QB that does not curl up in the fetal position or throw a wounded duck when a different color shirt is within 3 yards of him.

:holdman:
You typed just about everything I would have right here. Both that WTF!? pass to LJ's feet over the LOS and the wonderful "pass" backwards to the ground made me sick to the stomach.

Brock
09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Vikes had 3 starters out, starting QB, starting RB, and starting FB. They could have killed us today with those guys. We got lucky they didn't call that a TD for the Vikes in the endzone.

LOL, Tony Richardson would have helped. But Tarvaris Jackson and Chester Taylor? Like I already said, LOL.

Fruit Ninja
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
When Brodie fires a few of his 40 yrd ropes, the D should back off.
if they dont? your already second guessin yourself when you said should.

I am all for Croyle, but if its not going to be done, i just hope that Huard can do something. I wont ever ever hope the Chiefs lose. I want them to win every game. I know its not going to happen, but like Herm says, play to win.

Fruit Ninja
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM

We played with a hurt LT, and LJ who they said has been nursing a sore hamstring all week. It happens, its the NFL. Not to mention our Starting WR has been out since the first play of the season.

Shag
09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
No, Huard isn't the future. No, he's not a great QB. He was terrible in the first half. He was good in the second half. Most importantly, though, he didn't throw a pick. Can you honestly say that Croyle would not have thrown a pick, either?

Croyle may or may not be the future. Hell, he may even be the future for this season. But when you bench Huard in favor of Croyle, you're also saying that you're okay with turning the ball over. When Croyle finally gets the start and has a 1 TD, 2 INT 170 yd day, I fully expect to see people clamoring for Huard.

Huard is old and broken. However, as long as we aren't out of the playoff race, it's best that we start him if we are, indeed, trying to win. Croyle showed in the preseason that he doesn't always make the best decisions. Huard may not be the greatest QB ever, but he manages the game pretty well.

If our run blocking were a little bit better, I don't think we'd even be having this discussion. You really want to start Croyle when LJ is getting less than 50 yards a game? I don't. That's a TON of pressure on a young QB. At least, not if we're still in it. When we're out of it, I don't really care what leads to us playing all the risky guys, because we need to see what those guys are made of.

Huard was most definitely not good in the second half - sure, it was better than the first half, but I think anyone on this forum could have managed that. ROFL His numbers were inflated by excellent play from Bowe and TG, saving some pretty bad throws. While technically he had no picks, it wasn't for lack of effort - Bowe saved him from a sure pick on his "bomb" with a fantastic defensive effort. Hell, Huard's TD pass would have been a pick to any other receiver on the roster - it was a poorly thrown ball, and gave the defender a better chance at the ball than the receiver. And, let's be sure not to forget that fumble, bringing Huard's turnover total to 4 on the season...

If you're going to play the "what if" game - how many more TDs would Croyle have thrown for, against a porous pass defense? How many more yards would LJ have run for, if the defense had to actually respect the pass?

I promise you that nothing Croyle could do would ever have me clamoring for Huard. Regardless of what Croyle does or does not do, Huard is not the future, and should not be starting for this team. If Croyle went out and stunk it up horribly every game, then the Chiefs would know what they have to do in next year's draft and in free agency. Right now, the future of this franchise is being hindered by an 11 year backup QB...

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Bowe is a monster. That is all.

second coming of Sterling Sharpe

boogblaster
09-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Bowe looks more like a Moss... Huard did play decent in the second half..his first half was practice-squad ....