PDA

View Full Version : After 3 Games...On Pace For #'s

Buck
09-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Through 3 games, Larry Johnson has rushed for 140 yards and has not scored a Rushing TD.

He is on Pace to Have 747 Rushing Yards and 0 Rushing TD's (we all know that he will score some time though)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Through 3 games, LaDainian Tomlinson has rushed for 130 yards and has scored 1 Rushing TD.

He is on Pace to have 693 Rushing Yards and have 5-6 Rushing TD's

So, will either one not crack the 1000 rushing yard mark?

Will either one not crack the 10 Rushing TD plateau???

Will either one make the Pro Bowl?

Will either one's team make the playoffs???

These are supposedly the best 2 RB's in the game, so what say you???

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 09:57 PM
I say we're both cursed.

cdcox
09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Both will easily top 1000 yards, barring injury.

10 TDs is a little higher bar, but I'd think yes.

Pro-bowl who cares.

Playoffs, yes for LT.

pikesome
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Norv Turner & Herm Edwards.

cdcox
09-23-2007, 10:02 PM

I heard on local (Tennessee) sports radio this morning "Norv Turner is trying to do for the Chargers what Herm Edwards did to the Chiefs."

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:03 PM
I think LT will be fine, the Chargers first 3 games were just brutal.....

LJ there's a lot more cumulative affect there, not sure if he gets 1000 because I'm still not sure he'll make it through this year.

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I heard on local (Tennessee) sports radio this morning "Norv Turner is trying to do for the Chargers what Herm Edwards did to the Chiefs."
:banghead:

morphius
09-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Damn, if that isn't a kick in the gut.

pikesome
09-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Damn, if that isn't a kick in the gut.

It's worse for the Chargers, they still have mostly the same team that did so well for Marty. But yea, it sucks.

Logical
09-23-2007, 10:11 PM
I am just glad I don't have either one in FF.

88TG88
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
LJ > LT

w00t

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM

LJ was the only one worthing keeping in my keeper league.

I think I had Tiki Barber as my #2 back.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM

I have LT and that team is just about to go to 3-0....so when he comes on I should really get movin.

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 10:17 PM

LJ there's a lot more cumulative affect there, not sure if he gets 1000 because I'm still not sure he'll make it through this year.

Levels of optimism/pessimism

1 Glass half full.
2 Glass half empty.
3 Glass five seconds from falling and breaking.
4 Glass five seconds from being pulverized along with all of humanity by an inadvertent nuclear strike
5. Mecca

Buck
09-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh yeah, and both guys are endorsed by Campbell's Chunky Soup....I forgot to mention that in the initial post...

pikesome
09-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah, and both guys are endorsed by Campbell's Chunky Soup....I forgot to mention that in the initial post...

That's not a plus in my book.

carlos3652
09-23-2007, 10:23 PM

ROFL, See Mecca, I dont understand why you say that just the chargers first 3 games are brutal... why arent the chiefs first three games brutal too.. you dont defend LJ... you defend LT... ROFL...

LT has faced: (Ranked Rushing Defense)
#4 Chicago
#5 New England
#10 Green Bay

LJ has faced:
#2 Minnesota
#4 Chicago
#6 Houston

:hmmm:

Yea, But LT and the chargers have it much harder... lol

Ari Chi3fs
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM

Wow. That is a dumbass Duo.

Ugly Duck
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Through 3 games, Larry Johnson has rushed for 140 yards and has not scored a Rushing TD.

He is on Pace to Have 747 Rushing Yards and 0 Rushing TD's (we all know that he will score some time though)

Through 3 games, LaDainian Tomlinson has rushed for 130 yards and has scored 1 Rushing TD.

He is on Pace to have 693 Rushing Yards and have 5-6 Rushing TD's

These are supposedly the best 2 RB's in the game, so what say you???

Through 3 games, Lamont Jordan has rushed for 350 yards and has scored 2 Rushing TDs.

He is on Pace to have 1,867 Rushing Yards and have 10-11 Rushing TD's

Who wudda thunk it? He's the #2 rusher in the league. Oakland is just one opportune RatFace timeout call from leading the AFCW.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
ROFL, See Mecca, I dont understand why you say that just the chargers first 3 games are brutal... why arent the chiefs first three games brutal too.. you dont defend LJ... you defend LT... ROFL...

LT has faced: (Ranked Rushing Defense)
#4 Chicago
#5 New England
#10 Green Bay

LJ has faced:
#2 Minnesota
#4 Chicago
#6 Houston

:hmmm:

Yea, But LT and the chargers have it much harder... lol

I think the overall defenses that LT faced are better, is Minnesota's run D a bitch, yea. The only reason I say LT will get on track is because he isn't the only weapon on his teams offense and he didn't carry it 420 times.

When I say I think he'll get on track it has more to do with my belief that a guy that carried it 400+ times won't be the same. LJ has looked beat down since last years playoff game.

Buck
09-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Through 3 games, Lamont Jordan has rushed for 350 yards and has scored 2 Rushing TDs.

Who wudda thunk it? He's the #2 rusher in the league. Oakland is just one opportune RatFace timeout call from sharing the AFCW lead.

Eh hem....

I hate to do it, but the Raiders are one Time Out Call away from owning the AFC West Lead....by themselves....

Then again, they are one Time Out Call away from being 0-3

OctoberFart
09-23-2007, 10:27 PM

Who wudda thunk it? He's the #2 rusher in the league. Oakland is just one opportune RatFace timeout call from sharing the AFCW lead.

Oakland did same thing today. I don't know why everyone is talking about that stupid time out the rat called but that has been going on for years.

88TG88
09-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Eh hem....

I hate to do it, but the Raiders are one Time Out Call away from owning the AFC West Lead....by themselves....

good one

Ugly Duck
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Eh hem....

Good thinking... I fixed it as you were posting....

cdcox
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM

I'm honestly glad to see you guys on the verge of competitiveness again. It will make it more fun to hate you guys.

Buck
09-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Speaking of which, where are all the donkey fans?

pikesome
09-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Speaking of which, where are all the donkey fans?

Trying to find a new MLB?

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Denver isn't very good either, this whole division is so blah, the Chargers should still take it though.

Buck
09-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Trying to find a new MLB?

Oh wait, I forgot now a days they are Rockies Fans.

Logical
09-23-2007, 10:37 PM

1 Glass half full.
2 Glass half empty.
4 Glass five seconds from being pulverized along with all of humanity by an inadvertent nuclear strike
5. MeccaROFL

carlos3652
09-23-2007, 10:43 PM
I think the overall defenses that LT faced are better, is Minnesota's run D a bitch, yea. The only reason I say LT will get on track is because he isn't the only weapon on his teams offense and he didn't carry it 420 times.

When I say I think he'll get on track it has more to do with my belief that a guy that carried it 400+ times won't be the same. LJ has looked beat down since last years playoff game.

:hmmm: Weapons for Chargers: LT, Gates, V Jackson
Weapons for Chiefs: LJ, TG, Bowe...

I think this is a wash...

And I dont see LJ breaking down...

LT has faced: (Overall Ranked Defense)
#5 Chicago
#1 New England (faced #27, #32 Bills offense)
#15 Green Bay (faced #9, #10 offense)

LJ has faced:
#11 Minnesota (faced #1, #14 offense)
#5 Chicago
#13 Houston (faced #4, #18 offense)

I see this as a wash too..

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Holy shit, are you really going to tell me the Chiefs offense is as good as the Chargers....

Just stop.

Luke
09-23-2007, 10:45 PM
[ LJ has looked beat down since last years playoff game.]

Say what you will, bad play calling, poor blocking, whatever, Diaper Boy is not producing the numbers of the last 2 years. Hopefully he can get back on track after being called out by Haurd.

In his defense however, he seemed to be blocking better in the 2nd half today.

Maybe the big contract will put him in for the full training camp next year. :shake:

carlos3652
09-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Holy shit, are you really going to tell me the Chiefs offense is as good as the Chargers....

Just stop.

Did I say that...

I was comparing the "weapons" you said they had...

And San Diego is #27 on total offense this year with their incredible "weapons" good thing their offense isnt as bad as our #29 offense... :rolleyes:

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:51 PM
They're playing good teams.......NE and GB are better than any team we've faced, we'll get the joy of getting raped by Favre later this year.

I think as an overall team they are quite a bit better, LT still doesn't have the same look about him LJ does, LJ just looks like he's totally beaten down.

carlos3652

Just stop.

BTW, good thing you dont resort to name calling :rolleyes: , are you telling me that my opinion is wrong...? I am giving you facts... nothing else...

SNR
Anyone know what Stephen Jackson is on pace for? He can't be much better.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:52 PM
He put up 130 today.....so Jackson kinda got back on track.

Buck
09-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Anyone know what Stephen Jackson is on pace for? He can't be much better.

Hes on pace for 1242 Rushing Yards and 0 TDs

carlos3652
09-23-2007, 10:54 PM
They're playing good teams.......NE and GB are better than any team we've faced, we'll get the joy of getting raped by Favre later this year.

I think as an overall team they are quite a bit better, LT still doesn't have the same look about him LJ does, LJ just looks like he's totally beaten down.

wow :rolleyes: NE faced the incredible Bills and the amazing Jets... while Minnesota has faced the #1 offense... and Houston has faced #4... yep... chargers d has faced harder d;s especially in the running game... whatever...

Mecca
09-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Are you really downplaying the Pats?

The Pats are the best team in the league. I mean it's fine to make your argument but really don't try to downplay the best team in football.

You are playing up Minny and Houston and downplaying going to NE, think about that.

carlos3652
09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Are you really downplaying the Pats?

The Pats are the best team in the league. I mean it's fine to make your argument but really don't try to downplay the best team in football.

You are playing up Minny and Houston and downplaying going to NE, think about that.

No, NE is the best OVERALL TEAM in the NFL... and they are actually the best D right now... but who have they faced?

Minny's Rushing D is second to none... just because Minny doesnt have an offense, doesnt mean they are not a good d...

I didnt say the chargers arent facing tougher teams... I said they are not facing harder Defenses... better...

Buck
09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
On the Other Hand, Antonio Gates is on Pace for 1600 Yards and 11 TDs

carlos3652
09-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Im done... I cant argue with facts... I guess you are right Mecca... i'll change my opinion because you backed it up so well...

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:00 PM
And like I said, I fully believe LJ will decline, I said it 6 months ago. That kind of wear of carrying it that many times does that to guys, backs that carry it that many times are never the same again.

He may still be productive this year just as much as last year, then sometime in the next 2 years expect the huge fall off year.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Im done... I cant argue with facts... I guess you are right Mecca... i'll change my opinion because you backed it up so well...

Ok let's discuss the 400 carry history.....or that even on a plain field LT is still better than LJ..

When I say get on track I mean start playing like they did last year. I think LT has a better chance for that than LJ does for a multitude of reasons.

carlos3652
09-23-2007, 11:02 PM
And like I said, I fully believe LJ will decline, I said it 6 months ago. That kind of wear of carrying it that many times does that to guys, backs that carry it that many times are never the same again.

He may still be productive this year just as much as last year, then sometime in the next 2 years expect the huge fall off year.

Wait I thought you said he was declining this year... now you are saying he might decline in a couple of years... :rolleyes: I guess that this post will be marked to Mecca can say I told you so, he will decline in the next 3 years or something....

carlos3652
09-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Im done, I cant argue, im not going to win anyway, you have your opinion, i have mine... we will see at the end of this year... lets stop arguing and enjoy our first win...

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:05 PM
That was suppose to say "just not as much as last year" typo....

It's all relative to what you consider production....He's not going for 1700 yards again, ever in my belief.

Skip Towne

1 Glass half full.
2 Glass half empty.
5. Mecca
:LOL: So true

Rain Man
Wait I thought you said he was declining this year... now you are saying he might decline in a couple of years... :rolleyes: I guess that this post will be marked to Mecca can say I told you so, he will decline in the next 3 years or something....

Sometime over the next fifteen years, I fully expect to see a decline in LJ's performance.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Expect a consistent decline over the next 3 years if he doesn't just have a huge face first fall like Eddie George did.....

History says it will happen...

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 11:08 PM
He's one of only three players who has ever gained 1,700 yards twice in a season. I think that no one has ever done it three times, so I think it would be a bit unreasonable to expect that. If that's a dropoff, then yeah, the odds say that he'll have a dropoff. However, that occurrence still wouldn't preclude him having a very good season.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Tell me what you think a very good season is and I'll tell you if I think he gets it or not...include carries or YPC because it totally changes yardage if he carries it 400 times again.

RINGLEADER
09-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Only if LJ gets 10 yards on his first carry each game because dude just gives up after he runs and gets stuffed a couple times.

Buck
09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh by the way, I was wondering what the general rules are on me talking shit to you guys about next week?

Am I supposed to give you 24 Hrs to celebrate the victory or what?

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:14 PM
I just want to know if LT is going to get me fantasy points or not, I'm now 3-0 with him not doing a whole lot......

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
In general terms, I'd be very happy with a lead running back who carries 300 carries for 1,260 yards (4.2 yards per carry) I think he can reach or beat that yardage mark despite the slow start. Unless the 1st down playcalling improves, though, he might not get 4.0 yards per carry, which I think is more important. That's completely not his fault, though, and is no reflection on him since he's usually racing to beat the defense for the handoff.

Buck
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I just want to know if LT is going to get me fantasy points or not, I'm now 3-0 with him not doing a whole lot......

If he got fantasy points for being a little whiny bitch you'd get 'em...

I'm tired of his bullshit.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:18 PM
In general terms, I'd be very happy with a lead running back who carries 300 carries for 1,260 yards (4.2 yards per carry) I think he can reach or beat that yardage mark despite the slow start. Unless the 1st down playcalling improves, though, he might not get 4.0 yards per carry, which I think is more important. That's completely not his fault, though, and is no reflection on him since he's usually racing to beat the defense for the handoff.

Ok....I don't see 4 YPC.....he'll probably carry more than 300 times.....

I think he will average somewhere around 3.5 YPC and 11-1200 depending on the carry numbers....which is a significant decline from last year, and that's if he plays all 16.

KurtCobain
Expect a consistent decline over the next 3 years if he doesn't just have a huge face first fall like Eddie George did.....

History says it will happen...

And history says everytime we WIN A GAME, you will bitch.

best chiefs fan evar.

pikesome
Oh by the way, I was wondering what the general rules are on me talking shit to you guys about next week?

With the way things are you could probably just let some of us Chiefs fans talk all the shit for you. It ain't exactly Happy Time even with the win.

OctoberFart
09-23-2007, 11:19 PM
350 carries 1350 yds 3.8 ypc 10 tds

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:21 PM
And history says everytime we WIN A GAME, you will bitch.

best chiefs fan evar.

Just go get high again and relax.

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 11:22 PM

What bolt board do you post on? I want to go raise hell.

And btw, next week Chiefs will win 20-17

Buck
09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
What bolt board do you post on? I want to go raise hell.

And btw, next week Chiefs will win 20-17

Are you kidding me???

The most posts I have on any Bolt Board is 200, and I've been a member for 3 years...

This is basically the only board I post on.

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Just go get high again and relax.

I try but your posts alone make it hard.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:25 PM
I enjoy screwing with peoples high's.......I honestly wouldn't **** with you if you wouldn't predict the Chiefs to win every game like we're the Pats here......

Minnesota game fine, that was a winnable game this one..not so much.

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Are you kidding me???

The most posts I have on any Bolt Board is 200, and I've been a member for 3 years...

This is basically the only board I post on.

Cool. I'm on a few bolt boards, but only have a couple hundred posts myself. I'm pretty frequent on a pats board though.

Anyways, my predictions for this week in Cali.

LT 95 yards rushing, 73 yards recieving 2 TDs, both recieving

LJ 124 yards rushing, 21 yards receiving, 1 rushing TD.

Buck
09-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Cool. I'm on a few bolt boards, but only have a couple hundred posts myself. I'm pretty frequent on a pats board though.

Anyways, my predictions for this week in Cali.

LT 95 yards rushing, 73 yards recieving 2 TDs, both recieving

LJ 124 yards rushing, 21 yards receiving, 1 rushing TD.

I would say LT 75 Yards Rushing, 30 Yards Recieving, 1 TD

LJ 100 Yards Rushing, 30 Yards Recieving, 1 TD

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't think LJ is getting a 100 yards this week either....

I say LJ goes for 74....

Rain Man
Ok....I don't see 4 YPC.....he'll probably carry more than 300 times.....

I think he will average somewhere around 3.5 YPC and 11-1200 depending on the carry numbers....which is a significant decline from last year, and that's if he plays all 16.

I think that's quite possible. However, why do you think it's because he can't handle it? If it happens, I'm pinning the blame on the fact that he's got to beat two guys every play to get to the line of scrimmage. Today was horrific - there were half a dozen plays where he had a guy on him by his second step with the ball.

KurtCobain
I enjoy screwing with peoples high's.......I honestly wouldn't **** with you if you wouldn't predict the Chiefs to win every game like we're the Pats here......

Minnesota game fine, that was a winnable game this one..not so much.

Alright, the Bears game was ridiculous. 11-5 is a little far-fetched. Winning the division is slim, but this game, I feel good. I've never been to a kc loss, and I'll be in sd. Not that that matters, but I think we've got a shot. How many points do you think their defense will score honestly?

Buck
09-23-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't think LJ is getting a 100 yards this week either....

I say LJ goes for 74....

Our D-Line and LB Corps are chock full of injuries...LJ will run...

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:32 PM
It's the Chiefs on the road...

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Honestly I think we could hold the Chargers to 17 points. And there's a pattern in our offense. Week 1, a FG. Week 2, a FG and a TD, IN THE SAME GAME! Week 3, a TD and 2 FGs! Week, 2 TDs and 2 FGs? possible?

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 11:33 PM
It's the Chiefs on the road...

Oh shit, NM. I forgot, we may lose.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 11:56 PM

and the Chiefs first 3 games weren't brutal?!

Jesus.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 11:58 PM
I don't rate Houston with NE...even though someone tried to say I should.

KurtCobain
09-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Will someone change Mecca's handle to PATRIOTFANMECCA?

Short Leash Hootie
09-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Will someone change Mecca's handle to PATRIOTFANMECCA?
or IFTHEREISANYPOSSIBLEWAYTOPUTANEGATIVESPINONANYTHINGCHIEFSRELATEDIWILLFINDAWAYTODOIT

KurtCobain
09-24-2007, 12:12 AM
or IFTHEREISANYPOSSIBLEWAYTOPUTANEGATIVESPINONANYTHINGCHIEFSRELATEDIWILLFINDAWAYTODOIT

nice and subtle

carlos3652
09-24-2007, 09:29 AM
I don't rate Houston with NE...even though someone tried to say I should.

:rolleyes: my bad,

I didnt say you should rate Houston with NE... why do you take things out of context....

Houston's run D is better than GB's, Vikings Run d is better than NE, chicago is a wash as both played them in chicago... oh wait nevermind...

I said LJ has faced more brutal run d's this year than LT, that is a fact... but you are deflecting every fact i give you...

The you say LT has faced harder schedule and LJ will just not produce this year because of the 400 carry rule (which has only happened a few times)...

Have you cut your wrists yet...

Then you say minny was a winnable game, when you told us Minny was going to beat us in another thread... make up your mind...

Buck
10-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Through 5 games, Larry Johnson has rushed for 275 yards and has not scored a Rushing TD.

He is on Pace to Have 880 Rushing Yards and 0 Rushing TD's (we all know that he will score some time though)

He has 19 Receptions for 99 Yards...and 0 TDs

He is on pace for 317 Reception Yards and 0 TDs

Through 5 games, LaDainian Tomlinson has rushed for 329 yards and has scored 2 Rushing TDs.

He is on Pace to have 1053 Rushing Yards and have 6-7 Rushing TD's

He has 22 Receptions for 194 Yards...and 1 TD

He is on pace for 621 Reception Yards and 3 TDs

Valiant
10-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I hope the same Denver team shows up that showed up against SD today when we play them.. Man that was ugly..