PDA

View Full Version : The "Official" Heroes Season 2 Discussion thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Bronko1977
11-01-2007, 01:03 AM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/285/2605hp3um3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BigRedChief
11-01-2007, 08:53 AM
The unsettling effect of having so many characters is that the storylines I once enjoyed are only shown twice a month and even when they are explored, nothing significant happens.
Yep, but you wouldn't be bitching if they were interesting. Thats the core issue.

kaplin42
11-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I realize this is a few days late, but I have been sick all week.

Is anyone else absolutely disgusted with the plot reveal in the last episode? It's save the cheerleader, save the world all over again. Devastation from a "Hero's" power, that Peter needs to stop some how. Sylar is the evil mastermind, again, and it's in New York for f'ucks sake.

Dear Writers,

I understand that there is probably a lot of stress in your life due to the upcomming strike, but can you maybe not recycle the same plot as the previous season so blatantly.

You are turning what was once a compelling and very character driven show, into nothing more than a night time version of what ever crap soap operas are on durring the day.

Amnorix
11-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I realize this is a few days late, but I have been sick all week.

Is anyone else absolutely disgusted with the plot reveal in the last episode? It's save the cheerleader, save the world all over again. Devastation from a "Hero's" power, that Peter needs to stop some how. Sylar is the evil mastermind, again, and it's in New York for f'ucks sake.

Dear Writers,

I understand that there is probably a lot of stress in your life due to the upcomming strike, but can you maybe not recycle the same plot as the previous season so blatantly.

You are turning what was once a compelling and very character driven show, into nothing more than a night time version of what ever crap soap operas are on durring the day.

I really like Heroes, but at the end of the last episode, I turned to my wife and said if it's the EXACT same plot as last year, then I'm going to be done with it. I like the HIro goes BACK in time thing. But the paintings, New York blown up, etc. is waaaay too similar to last year. I'm hoping it's all some kind of huge twist on what they did last year, cuz if it really is save the cheerleader, save teh world, I'm going to write it off.

kaplin42
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Cheers and rep. I've also RPG'ed in VtM

Ha!! Didn't think anyone was gonna get that.

Have you tried Requiem? I looked into it a bit, but I loved OWoD so much, I just couldn't justify the new one.

HolmeZz
11-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Is anyone else absolutely disgusted with the plot reveal in the last episode? It's save the cheerleader, save the world all over again. Devastation from a "Hero's" power, that Peter needs to stop some how.

It's a different plot and if you liked the Hiro storyline, I think you'll enjoy watching how everything ties together.

Sylar is the evil mastermind, again...

Nope, he's taking a backseat this season.

I dunno if anyone here has G4TV, but I believe they're doing a Heroes marathon tomorrow night showing the Season 2 eps up to this point. Then after they're going to have some live interactive show, with interviews with the cast and sneak peaks to upcoming episodes.

kaplin42
11-02-2007, 01:28 PM
It's a different plot and if you liked the Hiro storyline, I think you'll enjoy watching how everything ties together.

What that Kensei is the main bad guy, and that Hiro is the one that turned him evil? The shot of the future they showed said a plague had wiped everyone out, isn't that Maya's gift, who is the "New Toy" of Sylar? I know they can turn it out to be something differant, but it really looks like leftovers, reheated, and with some extra sauce served right up for us to see.

And I'm not being sarcastic at all, I would love to hear what you take on it all is.

Nope, he's taking a backseat this season.

I don't know, he seems pretty prominent in the lives of the twins right now.

I dunno if anyone here has G4TV, but I believe they're doing a Heroes marathon tomorrow night showing the Season 2 eps up to this point. Then after they're going to have some live interactive show, with interviews with the cast and sneak peaks to upcoming episodes.

HolmeZz
11-02-2007, 01:31 PM
The plague didn't wipe them out. I'm pretty sure it's just the Shanti Virus. Sylar couldn't kill 93% of the world's population on his own. Nor would those chemical suits and showers shown in the preview have done any good. It's clearly a contagious disease that has spread.

Third Eye
11-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Since I don't see it posted here, Heroes: Origins (the planned 6 episode spinoff) has been officially postponed due to the impending writer's strike.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13333.html

Tribal Warfare
11-02-2007, 01:56 PM
The plague didn't wipe them out. I'm pretty sure it's just the Shanti Virus. Sylar couldn't kill 93% of the world's population on his own. Nor would those chemical suits and showers shown in the preview have done any good. It's clearly a contagious disease that has spread.

Sylar doesn't want to kill everyone just other "heroes"

HolmeZz
11-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Sylar doesn't want to kill everyone just other "heroes"

Pretty much. Though he had no problem killing the kid who's car they took, or the border patrol, or his mom, or Chandra Suresh, or the cheerleader who wasn't Claire. ;)

Valiant
11-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I really like Heroes, but at the end of the last episode, I turned to my wife and said if it's the EXACT same plot as last year, then I'm going to be done with it. I like the HIro goes BACK in time thing. But the paintings, New York blown up, etc. is waaaay too similar to last year. I'm hoping it's all some kind of huge twist on what they did last year, cuz if it really is save the cheerleader, save teh world, I'm going to write it off.

I don't think it gets blown up as much as a plague hits it.. The devastation future that was in Nathans head was just an image put in there by the mastermind guy..

Valiant
11-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Pretty much. Though he had no problem killing the kid who's car they took, or the border patrol, or his mom, or Chandra Suresh, or the cheerleader who wasn't Claire. ;)

When we would nerd out and choose what hero you wanted to be I always chose Apocalypse, Sylar is running a close second.. That our superman, nothing wrong with kryptonite being your only weakness as a villain.. That and talking too much..

BigRedChief
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't think it gets blown up as much as a plague hits it.. The devastation future that was in Nathans head was just an image put in there by the mastermind guy..
Yep, if you can control a mind or place images, memories into someones head that opens a helluva lot of doors.

tk13
11-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Since I don't see it posted here, Heroes: Origins (the planned 6 episode spinoff) has been officially postponed due to the impending writer's strike.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13333.html
I think this is one of the shows most affected by the strike since it has a cohesive storyline.

I'd read rumors that they were shutting down production, and it turns out they are reshooting an alternate ending for the Dec. 3 episode so that it could be the season finale.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

Third Eye
11-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I think this is one of the shows most affected by the strike since it has a cohesive storyline.

I'd read rumors that they were shutting down production, and it turns out they are reshooting an alternate ending for the Dec. 3 episode so that it could be the season finale.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049
I guess some form of closure for this season would be better than none.

Valiant
11-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Would rather them just take a break then, then end the series early...

Tribal Warfare
11-02-2007, 05:56 PM
When we would nerd out and choose what hero you wanted to be I always chose Apocalypse, Sylar is running a close second.. That our superman, nothing wrong with kryptonite being your only weakness as a villain.. That and talking too much..

http://www.vampires-fr.com/images/dvd/hellsing/hellsing.jpg

Alucard is my fav Anti-hero

HolmeZz
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Some ice cold bumpage.

Bump
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I've only seen a few episodes from the 1st season, I liked it. I'll have to rent the 1st season and see if I can get into it

Valiant
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
So did the writers get their money.. Cause ending Heroes early in five episodes is really going to suck..

Valiant
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Okay.. Chuck is ****ing amazing.. Next weeks episode looks great also..

HolmeZz
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
This has been a great ep so far. Probably the best of the season to this point.

HolmeZz
11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm amazed at how good this episode's been, but disappointed it took them this long into the season to get going.

Valiant
11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Bob is on the take also...

HolmeZz
11-05-2007, 08:00 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Valiant
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Kensei is Adam Monroe?

Oh yeah.. give me a cookie..

HolmeZz
11-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Might be the best ep of the whole series. Ton of action and answered a lot of questions.

Reaper16
11-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Sweet episode. Hiro back in present = season 2 back to life.

Delano
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
The preview for next week makes it seem like they are going to tie up all of the loose ends from the end of last season to the beginning of this season. I really hope they give some satisfying answers instead of leaving more mystery than before.

Finally, the show can get moving, only to end prematurely because of the strike or whatever it is people are talking about.

HolmeZz
11-05-2007, 09:20 PM
They're not ending early. They already have the first 11 episodes shot, which answer everything in regards to Volume 2.

And for those of you have been paying attention to the Biblical connections, Kensei's name being Adam is fitting given he's the first know evolved human and potentially the descendant of all the evolved humans(which would make 'Generations' relevant for the volume title).

Guru
11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Great ep. I hope things start speeding up now.

BigRedChief
11-06-2007, 09:58 AM
They're not ending early. They already have the first 11 episodes shot, which answer everything in regards to Volume 2.

And for those of you have been paying attention to the Biblical connections, Kensei's name being Adam is fitting given he's the first know evolved human and potentially the descendant of all the evolved humans(which would make 'Generations' relevant for the volume title).
I had him pegged as numero one hero and maybe the father of all the present day heroes.

Looks like we care going to get some answers next week.

Agree with most here. Best episode yet this season.

Reaper16
11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Oh, and Parkman trapping Maury inside Maury's own mind from Parkman's own mind was bad-ass.

kaplin42
11-06-2007, 10:19 AM
This is like watching the Herm Edwards and Damon Huard.

Herm (played by the fans): "Damon, you are starting to piss me off. You can't move the offense, and when ever you have the ball you just check down to who is right in front of you.

If you don't pick it up, I'm benching your ass."

Damon (Played by Heroes): "I know coach, I have sucked big time lately, but watch how I do this next game, I'm gonna tear it up."

...a week later

Damon: "See coach, I blew it up"

Herm: "Yes Damon you did, you may keep your job for another week."

By far the best show of the season, and next week looks great too. We know that Jessica is Zero patient, which is a nice twist. Perhaps after the big blow up, Claire will start to come to her senses, and figure out that West is a douche bag.

I'm betting that Peter is the one that helped Adam/Kensei escape. I do question though, Peter already had Claires ability, now that he has Kensei's does that literally make him even more powerful? What other powers does Kensei have, and does Peter have those as well?

Delano
11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
By far the best show of the season, and next week looks great too. We know that Jessica is Zero patient, which is a nice twist. Perhaps after the big blow up, Claire will start to come to her senses, and figure out that West is a douche bag.

I'm betting that Peter is the one that helped Adam/Kensei escape. I do question though, Peter already had Claires ability, now that he has Kensei's does that literally make him even more powerful? What other powers does Kensei have, and does Peter have those as well?

I believe Claire has cell regeneration powers, or self healing, while Adam has immortality.

Claire has aged, Adam has not.

Tribal Warfare
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Oh, and Parkman trapping Maury inside Maury's own mind from Parkman's own mind was bad-ass.

That was PIMP, making Maury his bitch !!!!!!!!!

Tribal Warfare
11-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I believe Claire has cell regeneration powers, or self healing, while Adam has immortality.

I imagine Kensei is interested in Peter's "human bomb" capabilities too

kaplin42
11-06-2007, 10:35 AM

So, does this mean that if Sylar goes to do his brain thing on Peter, he wont be able to, because Peter is now immortal, and would just heal too quickly?

I mean, Kensei survived that gunpowder blast at White Beards camp so it's reasonable to say that even the most devastating of injuries present little to no serious ill effects to him.

HolmeZz
11-06-2007, 10:35 AM

I've heard theories on this. He's not truly immortal(he can be killed if you did something to his brain), his healing ability just dramatically slows his aging process. Basically like Wolverine.

But what they end up doing with Adam is pretty funny in it's own right.

HolmeZz
11-06-2007, 10:39 AM

Bob showed Nathan a press clipping about snow in Miami and told him Adam was behind it. Perhaps he himself as some kind of elemental control, or he just put another person with powers up to it.

I just like the whole idea of Adam basically thinking he's a God, and wanting to enact holocausts and plagues for his vision of humanity. I think it's clear he's behind the Shanti Virus getting out, probably using Peter as his pawn like he did Maury.

kaplin42
11-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Bob showed Nathan a press clipping about snow in Miami and told him Adam was behind it. Perhaps he himself as some kind of elemental control, or he just put another person with powers up to it.

I just like the whole idea of Adam basically thinking he's a God, and wanting to enact holocausts and plagues for his vision of humanity. I think it's clear he's behind the Shanti Virus getting out, probably using Peter as his pawn like he did Maury.

I was actually thinking that the Shanti virus, while possibly serving Adam's goals, started in the episode last night. It mutated there, and now is uncurrable. Depending on what happens with Claire and HRG, it could become the holocaust.

The next few episodes will be very telling. The only thing I hope is they don't do next weeks episode like they did the one that was hyped the same way in season 1.

"(dunh, dunh duunnnhh) You have questions! They have the answers!, Next weeks episode will be the one you have been waiting for (duuuunnnhhh)"

And then, after watching the episode, you realize that they didn't answer anything, but only gave you more questions. So you feel a little bit more jipped.

patteeu
11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I've heard theories on this. He's not truly immortal(he can be killed if you did something to his brain), his healing ability just dramatically slows his aging process. Basically like Wolverine.

But what they end up doing with Adam is pretty funny in it's own right.

Kensai said something to Hiro at one point in the episode about whether Hiro was going to cut off Kensai's head (as if that would be a lethal move) but Hiro said that he wouldn't do it because he still considered Kensai his friend.

Valiant
11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Kensai said something to Hiro at one point in the episode about whether Hiro was going to cut off Kensai's head (as if that would be a lethal move) but Hiro said that he wouldn't do it because he still considered Kensai his friend.

Better hope Sylar gets offed before then.. He will have no problem taking his head..

Silock
11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Great episode!

duncan_idaho
11-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I just want to know when we're going to see Kensei/Monroe slip into the Sark persona...

Buck
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Last episode was the shit, once again I forgot to watch the preview.

Someone please provide a link to next weeks trailer.

Guru
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I just want to know when we're going to see Kensei/Monroe slip into the Sark persona...
I loved Alias.

Delano
11-06-2007, 07:30 PM
What if the only way to kill Adam is the Shanti virus?

Buck
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM

I doubt it.

Remember, they want Claires Blood to cure the Virus, he has the same power.

Buck
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Found next weeks preview if anyone is interested.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3eqoh_heroes-episode-2x08-preview_news

HolmeZz
11-06-2007, 07:36 PM

He can't get sick.

They find a way go get rid of him though.

Buck
11-06-2007, 07:37 PM
He can't get sick.

They find a way to get rid of him though.

Duhh...You have to chop off his head...or maybe you have to cut out his heart, like in Hiro's story of him.

HolmeZz
11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Duhh...You have to chop off his head...or maybe you have to cut out his heart, like in Hiro's story of him.

Nope.

And Hiro's story was a metaphor. He was essentially cutting out his own heart by leaving Yaeko and returning to the present.

Buck
11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Nope.

And Hiro's story was a metaphor. He was essentially cutting out his own heart by leaving Yaeko and returning to the present.

I cant really think of any way he can die.

Unless he time traveled, he cannot die of old age.

BigRedChief
11-09-2007, 06:13 AM
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0Hello - commatard on the loose.20158840,00.html?print

'Heroes' Creator Apologizes to Fans

Tim Kring admits mistakes were made at the beginning of season 2, but promises to get back on track

On the chilly Monday morning that Hollywood's writers went on strike, Heroes creator Tim Kring called from the streets outside the Hollywood studio where his NBC series is shot. ''Yes, I'm picketing my own show,'' says the 50-year-old writer-producer. ''So surreal.''
But Kring wasn't calling to discuss labor woes he was calling to explain why Heroes, suffering a creative decline and a 15 percent ratings drop from the same period last year, went from Human Torch hot to Iceman cold.

The good news? A turnaround appears to be under way. After weeks of sluggish storytelling, the Nov. 5 episode recaptured some of last season's fanciful energy. We've also seen the next two episodes and we like them, too. The cliff-hangers are back. Narrative purpose has been discovered. Old favorites like Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) and Horn-Rimmed Glasses (Jack Coleman) take center stage. Even more encouraging: Kring himself is keenly aware that Heroes is broken.

Here's his candid critique:
THE PACE IS TOO SLOW ''We assumed the audience wanted season 1 a buildup of intrigue about these characters and the discovery of their powers. We taught [them] to expect a certain kind of storytelling. They wanted adrenaline. We made a mistake.''

THE WORLD-SAVING STAKES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED SOONER The premonition of nuclear apocalypse created a larger context that unified every story line last season. Kring now sees that Volume 2 (the first 11 episodes of season 2) would have been better served if Peter's vision of viral Armageddon had appeared in the season premiere rather than episode 7. ''We took too long to get to the big-picture story,'' he says.

THE ROOKIES DIDN'T GREET THEMSELVES PROPERLY New Heroes Monica (Dana Davis), Maya (Dania Ramirez), and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) ''shouldn't have been introduced in separate story lines that felt unattached to the show. The way we introduced Elle (Kristen Bell) by weaving her in via Peter's story line is a more logical way to bring new characters into the show.'' (That said, Kring says a few newbies won't make it beyond this second volume, which wraps Dec. 3.)

HIRO WAS IN JAPAN WAY TOO LONG Hiro's (Masi Oka) time-bending adventure in 17th-century Japan where he mentored samurai hero Takezo Kensei (David Anders) finally came to an end on Nov. 5. But Kring says it ''should have [lasted] three episodes. We didn't give the audience enough story to justify the time we allotted it.''

YOUNG LOVE STINKS Kring regrets sticking Claire (Hayden Panettiere) with a super-dud boyfriend and forcing Hiro to moon over a cutesy princess. ''I've seen more convincing romances on TV,'' he admits. ''In retrospect, I don't think romance is a natural fit for us.''

Yet while Heroes has finally found some dramatic traction, this second volume is pretty much a wash. The Dec. 3 episode has been retooled to function as a potential season finale a move inspired by the writers' strike and a desire to give the show ''a clean slate'' when it goes back into production for Volume 3. At that point, Kring wants to craft a rebooted Heroes that can attract new fans and win back those who've tuned out: ''The message is that we've heard the complaints and we're doing something about it.''

BigRedChief
11-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Why did this thread get moved?

Delano
11-09-2007, 07:15 AM

Because Heroes is media?

MIAdragon
11-09-2007, 09:04 AM
um can this get moved back?

Reaper16
11-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Who moved the thread over here? Is it off-topic now because to doesn't pertain to KU? This is a lively, active thread that was just fine in The Lounge. Someone needs to get thier head out of their ass.

Tribal Warfare
11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Kring wants to craft a rebooted Heroes that can attract new fans and win back those who've tuned out: ''The message is that we've heard the complaints and we're doing something about it.''

Sylar is gonna F*CK people up, and Kensei is going to trump him

Valiant
11-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Some mod has little dick syndrome.. Might as well move 95% of the threads off the main page as they do not pertain to Chiefs or Jayhawks stuff..

whoaskew
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Damn, I had a hard time finding this thread.

Fruit Ninja
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Why dont they just separate every damn thing now? lol

Tribal Warfare
11-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Some mod has little dick syndrome.. Might as well move 95% of the threads off the main page as they do not pertain to Chiefs or Jayhawks stuff..

FIGHT THE POWER :fire:

Bump
11-11-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm almost done with season 1, I've been renting them through the blockbuster mail-in thing and I love it! I'll have to wait for season 2 to get out on DVD before I can watch it, but I hope it's not as bad as people have been saying.

kaplin42
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
So do you all think tonights big reveal will be as telling as they keep advertising, or will it be a lame let down like last years?

patteeu
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Why dont they just separate every damn thing now? lol

Please limit your questions to the new Q forum. All answers will be provided in the corresponding A forum.

patteeu
11-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm almost done with season 1, I've been renting them through the blockbuster mail-in thing and I love it! I'll have to wait for season 2 to get out on DVD before I can watch it, but I hope it's not as bad as people have been saying.

I don't think season 2 is as good as season 1 was at this point, but that's a pretty high bar to set. I think season 2 has been well worth watching, nonetheless. The crucial part to the season is how well they bring it to it's climax at the end. IMO, without any specific spoilers, season 1's ending was slightly underwhelming compared to the top notch buildup throughout the season.

If you don't want to wait for season 2 to come out on dvd, you can watch previous episodes at nbc.com.

patteeu
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
So do you all think tonights big reveal will be as telling as they keep advertising, or will it be a lame let down like last years?

I'm optimistic that it will be somewhere in between. I think you'd be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect too much.

HolmeZz
11-12-2007, 07:22 PM
I couldn't even find this topic. Shouldn't have been moved.

HolmeZz
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
That episode explained what happened to Peter and tried to add some doubt as to whether the Company is good and Adam is bad.

That's it.

Valiant
11-12-2007, 08:09 PM
That episode explained what happened to Peter and set up Adam for an eventual heel-turn. That's about it.

Didn't even explain what happened to Sylar, which was what they hinted at during last week's preview.

Maybe they changed/edited so they can bring him back for season 3 instead of having adam/peter kill him in season 2.5..

With the writers strike it is pretty much a guessing game on how they will alter the season ending..

HolmeZz
11-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Sylar's not dying anytime soon.

I meant they did the series of questions for the promo last week. One of them was "What happened to Sylar?".

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 10:01 PM
That episode explained what happened to Peter and tried to add some doubt as to whether the Company is good and Adam is bad.

That's it.

Did you like it?

Guru
11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Sylar's not dying anytime soon.

I meant they did the series of questions for the promo last week. One of them was "What happened to Sylar?".
Las weeks promo had me thinking that the reveal would be over more than one episode. Maybe the Sylar question will be answered next week. Of course, with only 3 eps left, maybe not.

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 11:10 PM
I loved the episode, personally. Of course, they're bread and butter was time shift episodes (going back into the past or flashing forward).

Heroes creator Tim Kring has revealed that the show will cap volume two on December 3 with an "out of the blue cliffhanger".

Confirming that volume two will end on December 3, Kring said that fans can expect a complete turnaround in the pace of the show over the next month. "[The episodes] are among the absolute best we have ever done."

Cast member Milo Ventimiglia added that "we'd gotten away a little from what the show is" and that "we're getting back on track".

Kring, who is refusing to cross WGA picket lines to work on the show, said that the series' segmented approach permitted an early end to volume two. "In an oddly kismet kind of way, we have a real finale that could act, God forbid, as the end of season two," he explained.

HolmeZz
11-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Did you like it?

I figured they'd connect more dots. All it really was about was Peter. I guess I like the dynamic of trying to make Adam sympathetic(at least trying to confuse the audience on his motives), but there wasn't too too much to this week's ep.

HolmeZz
11-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Las weeks promo had me thinking that the reveal would be over more than one episode. Maybe the Sylar question will be answered next week. Of course, with only 3 eps left, maybe not.

This was the only flashback episode. I guess they left Sylar's story with just Candice talking him from the Plaza and into the sewer.

I wish they would've attempted to clear up Sylar's storyline. It would've been a lot more interesting than the South American twins doing the same exact thing they've done every ep they're in.

Guru
11-13-2007, 02:17 AM
This was the only flashback episode. I guess they left Sylar's story with just Candice talking him from the Plaza and into the sewer.

I wish they would've attempted to clear up Sylar's storyline. It would've been a lot more interesting than the South American twins doing the same exact thing they've done every ep they're in.
The twins are about to make me want to puke.

ZootedGranny
11-13-2007, 03:04 AM
These first 8 episodes should've been reduced into 2 or 3.

Unfortunately the show starts rocking with only 3 episodes left due to the strike.

LOL @ Rico just putting a bullet in DL and keeping it moving.

Guru
11-13-2007, 03:16 AM
These first 8 episodes should've been reduced into 2 or 3.

Unfortunately the show starts rocking with only 3 episodes left due to the strike.

LOL @ Rico just putting a bullet in DL and keeping it moving.
That made zero sense too. Should have went right through him.

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 06:06 AM
That made zero sense too. Should have went right through him.If I was a betting man I'd say that will be revisited. Maybe Elle was lurking in the background and masked his powers. He just showed that he couldn't be hit but on the other hand Linderman did shoot him?

I liked the eposide. Started clearing up the story lines and getting the show back on track.

And I'm still :mad: that this thread got moved.

Amnorix
11-13-2007, 06:18 AM
If I was a betting man I'd say that will be revisited. Maybe Elle was lurking in the background and masked his powers. He just showed that he couldn't be hit but on the other hand Linderman did shoot him?

I liked the eposide. Started clearing up the story lines and getting the show back on track.

Elle masked his powers? I thought Elle was the electro-sociopathic bitch? Do you mean the illusion that Sylar likely killed?

Too many characters....argh!

In other news, how FREAKING STUPID is the Company to put Peter and Adam in adjacent cells, and let them talk freely, and NOT tape record or eavesdrop on anything in any damn way.

I mean . . . it really is completely retarded. Soundproofing? No. Eavesdropping? No. Put them far away from each other? No.

It's ridiculous...

Amnorix
11-13-2007, 06:22 AM
That made zero sense too. Should have went right through him.
Well, eh has to turn the power on, right? I mean, he's not always immune to stuff because it passes right through him.

That said, when the guy put the gun to his ribs, unless he was in shock/stupid, he should've gone flimsy...

Delano
11-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Elle masked his powers? I thought Elle was the electro-sociopathic bitch? Do you mean the illusion that Sylar likely killed?

Too many characters....argh!

In other news, how FREAKING STUPID is the Company to put Peter and Adam in adjacent cells, and let them talk freely, and NOT tape record or eavesdrop on anything in any damn way.

I mean . . . it really is completely retarded. Soundproofing? No. Eavesdropping? No. Put them far away from each other? No.

It's ridiculous...

I think Peter has super hearing (from Sylar), but I can't really understand how Adam could hear Peter.

Amnorix
11-13-2007, 06:51 AM
I think Peter has super hearing (from Sylar), but I can't really understand how Adam could hear Peter.

There wasn't even a hint that Peter needed super-hearing to hear him. Nor are we sure that he even got it from Sylar. Sylar had a brief problem adjusting to it, as you may remember. They haven't shown that with Peter.

Not saying it's impossible, but they sure didn't suggest it.

patteeu
11-13-2007, 09:22 AM
If I was a betting man I'd say that will be revisited. Maybe Elle was lurking in the background and masked his powers. He just showed that he couldn't be hit but on the other hand Linderman did shoot him?

I think DL has to consciously phase himself out for things to pass through him. If he's shot from behind or by surprise, I think he's vulnerable.

I think the whining about the thread being moved is funny. This is what we get for segmenting the forum instead of keeping everything in the lounge in the first place.

Delano
11-13-2007, 09:49 AM
There wasn't even a hint that Peter needed super-hearing to hear him. Nor are we sure that he even got it from Sylar. Sylar had a brief problem adjusting to it, as you may remember. They haven't shown that with Peter.

Not saying it's impossible, but they sure didn't suggest it.

I agree. I was trying to rationalize the producer's decision to leave this gaping hole in the story.

When Peter phased through the wall, it appeared extremely thick, and the ventilation duct was extremely odd. I just don't know how the production team thought that was acceptable.

Perhaps the company is overconfident in their drug cocktail.

HolmeZz
11-13-2007, 09:58 AM
If I was a betting man I'd say that will be revisited. Maybe Elle was lurking in the background and masked his powers.

Elle doesn't prevent powers. The Haitian does.

He just showed that he couldn't be hit but on the other hand Linderman did shoot him?

DL has to make a conscious effort to use his power. It doesn't happen automatically. He didn't react quickly enough in the two cases where he got shot.

HolmeZz
11-13-2007, 10:03 AM

Peter was able to hear Adam even when he was taking his power-negation pills.

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 10:29 AM
It was also good acting/direction/writing that Adam could in fact be a "good" guy. But there is still that grudge against Hiro though.:hmmm:

Fish
11-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Peter was able to hear Adam even when he was taking his power-negation pills.

Are we sure that Peter was actually taking the pills? He seemed slightly hesitant....

HolmeZz
11-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Are we sure that Peter was actually taking the pills? He seemed slightly hesitant....

He was taking them the first two months until Adam convinced him to stop so that they could break out.

Amnorix
11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Question -- at one point it seemed Peter let that ***** shock him. When she zapped his hand. It wasnt' clear to me why he let her.

Later, he let her to try to influence her etc. That was after Adam had started to convince him. I'm talking about the first time.

And am I the only one that wants Elle like seriously suffering and then DEAD? Her sociopathy pisses me off royally.

irishjayhawk
11-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Question -- at one point it seemed Peter let that ***** shock him. When she zapped his hand. It wasnt' clear to me why he let her.

Later, he let her to try to influence her etc. That was after Adam had started to convince him. I'm talking about the first time.

And am I the only one that wants Elle like seriously suffering and then DEAD? Her sociopathy pisses me off royally.

I want her in bed, but I digress.

She does play a really good sociopath though, which is scary.

Personally, I think when he instigated it it was a conscious effort at the time to steal/absorb the powers.

Amnorix
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
I want her in bed, but I digress.

She does play a really good sociopath though, which is scary.

Personally, I think when he instigated it it was a conscious effort at the time to steal/absorb the powers.
But if he's taking the pills, that would suppress his ability to absorb powers, as well as the powers that he's absorbed, no?

And don't get me wrong, I'd shag her rotten....but only after she had some pills... Otherwise she'd do shockcock. :eek:

Valiant
11-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I think DL has to consciously phase himself out for things to pass through him. If he's shot from behind or by surprise, I think he's vulnerable.

I think the whining about the thread being moved is funny. This is what we get for segmenting the forum instead of keeping everything in the lounge in the first place.

There would be no whining if they were consistent about it.. They are picking and choosing what to move and being a douche about it..

Valiant
11-13-2007, 02:48 PM
But if he's taking the pills, that would suppress his ability to absorb powers, as well as the powers that he's absorbed, no?

And don't get me wrong, I'd shag her rotten....but only after she had some pills... Otherwise she'd do shockcock. :eek:

When they kissed though he could absorb her powers..

Valiant
11-13-2007, 02:49 PM
And wouldn't Adams blood also be a cure for the Shanti virus???

And cure any other virus/std?

irishjayhawk
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Theory is he has the virus or is the virus.

Reason being: Nathan was in "the first wave" of infection.

Valiant
11-13-2007, 02:57 PM

Reason being: Nathan was in "the first wave" of infection.

Ahh.. good catch.. I just guessed he was one of the few just to die first..

patteeu
11-13-2007, 04:29 PM
There would be no whining if they were consistent about it.. They are picking and choosing what to move and being a douche about it..

I doubt that's true. People whine when their ox is gored whether it's consistently gored or just randomly gored.

patteeu
11-13-2007, 04:30 PM
When they kissed though he could absorb her powers..

Does he have to make contact to absorb a power or can he just be in close proximity?

kaplin42
11-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Does he have to make contact to absorb a power or can he just be in close proximity?

Proximity.

Elle (Kristin Bell) is fine. Oh the things that could be done that body, damn.

Interesting theory about Nathan being patient zero, I still think that it's Nikki, but I could be wrong.

I also think that Peter is the one to kill Hiro's pops. Who ever it was, more than likely could fly. This leaves Peter, Nathan, or West. Hiro's father knew his killer, and he also likely knows who Peter and Nathan are. And seeing as how Nathan has no reason what so ever to do it, that leaves Peter, who is working with Adam, under the impression that he is saving the world.

I also was pissed that they didn't clear up any of the Sylar plot line, since that did advertise that they would.

Along with the Sylar stuff, the twins just annoy the hell out of me. Someone kill them, rape them, and eat their costumes already. Their plot line is thin, and incredibly boring.

I did like the episode, and they did deliver a good amount of show that was worth watching. And I can't wait for next week.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2007, 05:01 PM

close proximity

Baby Lee
11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
You could pull out your Deadwood Season 1 DVDs and watch Vice President Daniels beat her cross-eyed and feed her to Wu's hogs. . .

irishjayhawk
11-13-2007, 05:31 PM
close proximity

Forgot about that and then thought that he had lost his memory, but that was later.

HolmeZz
11-13-2007, 06:19 PM

He's not the virus and he doesn't yet have the virus. He'll be looking for it though.

BigRedChief
11-14-2007, 05:05 AM
Correct, There was a Big Bang theory thread and a Sopranos thread on the front page yesterday.:harumph:

Hydrae
11-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Correct, There was a Big Bang theory thread and a Sopranos thread on the front page yesterday.:harumph:

Even the 24 thread got bumped even though it is not currently running. At least this show is currently airing! :cuss:

Guru
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Even the 24 thread got bumped even though it is not currently running. At least this show is currently airing! :cuss:
In defense of the fans of 24, they had just released their season 7 preview. That was pretty big news for us.

Then the thread died again, just as it should.

Doesn't matter now though with the strike.

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Stings like a bitch, doesn't it?

MIAdragon
11-19-2007, 07:45 PM
it WAS Adam that killed Hiro's dad

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 07:47 PM
That was a gimme. I also think they had Kaito allude to the fact that he allowed his son to become a hero. He probably had Adam jailed so that he couldn't do anything to Hiro.

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Mohinder killed Noah.

Or did he? ;)

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 08:00 PM
DUN DUN DUN

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Great episode.

Valiant
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Snap..

And another shot out to the dickless mod who moved our thread..

YOu got about 16 threads that need moved off the front page..

MIAdragon
11-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I called that!!! I knew he wasnt dead

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Apparently Claire's blood can bring back the dead.

I guess that's what makes Adam so dangerous.

They also explained why Adam doesn't physically age, which was something I'd hope they'd touch on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Could Hayden Panettiere suck the chrome off a trailer hitch?

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Bennet shouldn't need glasses again. Claire's blood should've fixed his vision.

Delano
11-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Kristen Bell > the cheerleader.

Fantastic episode. I can't wait to see the catfight between those fine twats. The preview looks very good, but there were a LOT of worms dangled in it. Two episodes left and a lot of story to cover.

A pissed off Hiro vs. the Peter and Adam duo should be sweet.

Delano
11-19-2007, 08:40 PM

They also explained why Adam doesn't physically age, which was something I'd hope they'd touch on.

They locked up Adam before. They can do it again.

I wonder how the woman that old lady Patrelli is hiding will influence the story. Can she stop Adam?

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Kristen Bell > the cheerleader.

Fantastic episode. I can't wait to see the catfight between those fine twats. The preview looks very good, but there were a LOT of worms dangled in it. Two episodes left and a lot of story to cover.

A pissed off Hiro vs. the Peter and Adam duo should be sweet.

Eh, I agree with Bell > Hayden, but Hayden wins for me because she's more my age. Well, more so than Bell.

Regardless, my theory is that Claire's blood is the cure for the virus which is Adam's blood.

Though my back up is that The people's blood are reversed above.

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 09:12 PM
They locked up Adam before. They can do it again.

They certainly can. And this time they might just take it to another extreme. ;)

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Regardless, my theory is that Claire's blood is the cure for the virus which is Adam's blood.

The Shanti Virus prevents people from using their abilities. Nathan has been able to use his power since getting the transfusion from Adam.

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 09:27 PM
The Shanti Virus prevents people from using their abilities. Nathan has been able to use his power since getting the transfusion from Adam.

I don't remember this.

Valiant
11-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Eh, I agree with Bell > Hayden, but Hayden wins for me because she's more my age. Well, more so than Bell.

Though my back up is that The people's blood are reversed above.

Shanti virus I thought was Suresh's blood??? At first it could cure their superpowers then it transformed/manipulated into the virus..

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't remember this.

Don't remember what? Nathan using his powers? He flew Matt to Philly to meet his dad.

Valiant
11-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Claires power is basically the same as Adams just in a way younger stage...

And from the way they said his cells just quit aging all together it makes him a tough enemy.. Especially if he can grow back limbs like Claire did with her toe..

Guru
11-19-2007, 09:40 PM
You know, I kind of like this 11 ep and end thing. Maybe Battlestar Galactica had something there with the split seasons.

When the strike is over, they should look into this. Straight ep run to November sweeps and then a straight ep run to May with no weeks off at all other than Thanksgiving though New Years.

One of the things that has been pissing me off the last few years is the onslaught of programming that will go 3 weeks take 2 weeks off. 4 weeks take a week off and so on.

Tribal Warfare
11-19-2007, 09:43 PM
What's gonna go down with Noah? Now, that's going to be interesting

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 09:47 PM
What's gonna go down with Noah? Now, that's going to be interesting

One theory that I'm subscribing to right now (off Phog.net) is that Elle put the blood in him.

Bob wanted him dead anyway and him doing it seems so obvious (after Claire's dialogue). And Mohinder (one of the best turned worst characters in the history of television) is too stupid this season to do that.

And Elle, I think is turning against her father.

However, one major thing against this is the shooting down of Claire.

Tribal Warfare
11-19-2007, 09:53 PM
One theory that I'm subscribing to right now (off Phog.net) is that Elle put the blood in him.

Bob wanted him dead anyway and him doing it seems so obvious (after Claire's dialogue). And Mohinder (one of the best turned worst characters in the history of television) is too stupid this season to do that.

And Elle, I think is turning against her father.

However, one major thing against this is the shooting down of Claire.

Interesting, it just made think of Noah's old partner "The Invisible Man" I wonder if he'll be a factor in this "season"

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 09:54 PM
How would Elle have access to the blood or that room to put him in, particularly without Bob's knowledge?

I can't see it not being Bob. He was kinda adamant about Mohinder killing Noah if need be, but after he saw Mohinder shoot him, you could see him feel bad about it.

They've tried to cast some doubt on Bob in the show's writing, but at the moment his intentions are good.

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 09:58 PM
How would Elle have access to the blood or that room to put him in, particularly without Bob's knowledge?

I can't see it not being Bob. He was kinda adamant about Mohinder killing Noah if need be, but after he saw Mohinder shoot him, you could see him feel bad about it.

They've tried to cast some doubt on Bob in the show's writing, but at the moment his intentions are good.

Fair points.

I think Bob is a little too-good-to-be-true at the moment.

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Fair points.

On second thoughts, It absolutely could be Mohinder. It solidifies him - if he does it with out Bob's knowledge - in the Company. He knew full well the blood could help and knew Bob took it. And he owed him for not shooting him earlier.

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Mohinder's a possibility. I'm just not sure how he would know that Claire's blood could bring Noah back to life like that. He wasn't privy to that knowledge.

Tribal Warfare
11-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Another issue that could point to that it is his old partner is the instantaneous regeneration, if one remembers Peter was still in the room when Nathan was recovering. It isn't too far off to believe that the "invisible man" snaked the plasma to give to Noah while he was still in the room.

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Mohinder's a possibility. I'm just not sure how he would know that Claire's blood could bring Noah back to life like that. He wasn't privy to that knowledge.

Ah, but it isn't that much of a stretch. Mohinder is supposed to be the smartest character, and this could solidify that. It's putting two and two together.

Tribal Warfare
11-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Ah, but it isn't that much of a stretch. Mohinder is supposed to be the smartest character, and this could solidify that. It's putting two and two together.

Like M. Night Shyamalan their has to be a twist. :D

HolmeZz
11-19-2007, 10:29 PM

Still, all he knows is that her blood can cure the virus. Even his own blood could cure the virus at one point. :p

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Still, all he knows is that her blood can cure the virus. Even his own blood could cure the virus at one point. :p

Another valid point.

I think I'll stop for now. :harumph: :)

Buck
11-19-2007, 11:06 PM

Then again, Bob could have given it to him to prove how helpful it would be.

HolmeZz
11-20-2007, 12:44 AM
If anyone cares, Isaac's dad was one of the Group of 12.

http://heroeswiki.com/images/3/34/Group_of_12_postitnotes.jpg

http://heroeswiki.com/images/3/34/Group_of_12_postitnotes.jpg

'Carlos Mendez'

Can't make out the other names very well.

MIAdragon
11-20-2007, 04:04 AM

Could it have been Adams blood. Using Noah to take down the company?

Delano
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM

I don't see how Adam, or any potential associates of his, could have recovered Noah's body.

It has to be someone at the scene or a member of the company.

HolmeZz
11-20-2007, 09:59 AM

Adam's still in Montreal. He'd also have no use for Bennet. He has no abilities and he's not a major player in the Company.

BigRedChief
11-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Okay so Adam doesn't age. Doesn't Claire have the same thing? Why is she aging?

HolmeZz
11-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Okay so Adam doesn't age. Doesn't Claire have the same thing? Why is she aging?

Angela said the cells stop aging at a certain point(likely whatever the body perceives as the person's physical prime). Claire is going to grow until her prime, the same way Adam did. Adam wasn't born looking like a young 30 year old. ;)

FWIW, Adam had already hit his 'prime' prior to even meeting Hiro. According to Kensei's birthday from one of the earliest episodes, he should've been about 70 when he encountered Hiro in 1671. Adam had to have been aware of the fact he wasn't aging. I hope that gets explained at some point as well.

BigRedChief
11-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Fair points.

welllll he may just be of th ebelief that doing wroing for the greater good is okay. Stopping Adam and a global meltdown means breaking a few rules. Or Adam is trying to stop Bob from doing the same? Who knows?

Valiant
11-22-2007, 06:40 PM
welllll he may just be of th ebelief that doing wroing for the greater good is okay. Stopping Adam and a global meltdown means breaking a few rules. Or Adam is trying to stop Bob from doing the same? Who knows?

Well the originals did want the nuke to go off so they could gain power and control through nathan.. Maybe the virus is another step by a few of them.. Basically most of the originals bad guys, Adam a different bad guy, and Syler a more evil bad guy..

Lots of bad guys..

Delano
11-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Angela said the cells stop aging at a certain point(likely whatever the body perceives as the person's physical prime). Claire is going to grow until her prime, the same way Adam did.

She looks prime to me. Giggity.

HolmeZz
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Some family friendly bumpage.

irishjayhawk
11-26-2007, 07:29 PM
For the greater good...

Adam & Bob on same side.

HolmeZz
11-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Dunno why they hired a midget to be a young Takei. And he was just a tad too young looking for 1977. He was supposed to be about 40 and he looked 20. And the young Pratt looked nothing like the old Pratt.

HolmeZz
11-26-2007, 07:32 PM
For the greater good...

Adam & Bob on same side.

Definitely not on the same side.

irishjayhawk
11-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Definitely not on the same side.

Why too obvious? They both use greater good. I guess that's true (that it's obvious).

HolmeZz
11-26-2007, 07:38 PM
If that's the way to kill Adam(a shot to the brain), I don't know why they go the route they do in getting rid of him.

HolmeZz
11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Why too obvious? They both use greater good. I guess that's true (that it's obvious).

They both have their own versions of what they believe to be the greater good, but they're not working towards the same.

Adam's philosophy stems from the fact he's lived for 400 years. He believes these big tragic events are needed for the sake of humanity, and instead of waiting for them to happen on their own, he's taken the initiative to put them into motion(as Bob said, he thinks he's a God).

irishjayhawk
11-26-2007, 07:40 PM
If that's the way to kill Adam(a shot to the brain), I don't know why they go the route they do in getting rid of him.

Fair point. But I don't think that necessarily means anything.

MIAdragon
11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Can a mod move this to the main lounge on Monday nights?

BigRedChief
11-27-2007, 05:22 AM
They both have their own versions of what they believe to be the greater good, but they're not working towards the same.

Adam's philosophy stems from the fact he's lived for 400 years. He believes these big tragic events are needed for the sake of humanity, and instead of waiting for them to happen on their own, he's taken the initiative to put them into motion(as Bob said, he thinks he's a God).So Adam thinks killing off 93% of the worlds population will help the world be a better place? It's all Hiro fault. He made adam the bitter dude he is today. He should have taken him out back the 1600's. He's got to chop off the dudes head.

Still hate the friggin mexican angle. Skylar without powers sucks.

Nice twist that Bob is actually trying to stop the virus. Bennett was wrong etc.

But the only explanation for this is that a faction of the founders wanted power and thus the bomb and setting up Nathan for political office. But not all were involved in the plot correct?

Amnorix
11-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Anyone able to explain how Sylar found Molly?

HolmeZz
11-27-2007, 07:18 AM
So Adam thinks killing off 93% of the worlds population will help the world be a better place?

It would be impossible to truly know the extent of the damage releasing the virus would do, but he believes things like holocausts and wars are needed to bring mankind together. He's seen the human race go through a lot in 400 years. Perhaps he wanted to kick it up another notch. :p

It's all Hiro fault. He made adam the bitter dude he is today. He should have taken him out back the 1600's. He's got to chop off the dudes head.

It was a bit of a trade-off. In exchange of taking Adam's love, Hiro had taught him about his power. Without Hiro, Monroe was nothing more than a scam artist and a drunk.

But the only explanation for this is that a faction of the founders wanted power and thus the bomb and setting up Nathan for political office. But not all were involved in the plot correct?

The company heads were split due to Adam's philosophy. There were some, like Linderman, who believed in his theories. Maury was also brainwashed by Adam and I suspect Angela was at some point as well. Then there were others(Bob, Kaito, Victoria) who opposed Adam and saw him as a danger to society.

MIAdragon
11-27-2007, 09:11 AM

SHe was in Sureshs apartment Sylars been there before.

duncan_idaho
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Did anyone else cheer when Sylar killed Alejandro? I know I did. Now, just kill the sister... kill the sister... kill the sister.

Please?

HolmeZz
11-27-2007, 09:47 AM

Sylar went to New York to find Mohinder. When he got to his apartment, he found Molly. :p

The bigger question is where was Matt?

noa
11-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Sylar went to New York to find Mohinder. When he got to his apartment, he found Molly. :p

I know. I get that they can't put every character in each episode, but they should have at least shown where Matt was. I guess he hired a babysitter so he was probably at work, but still they could have cut one of those disgusting soap opera lovey dovey scenes between Sylar and the chick and shown Matt for a second.

Delano
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I know. I get that they can't put every character in each episode, but they should have at least shown where Matt was. I guess he hired a babysitter so he was probably at work, but still they could have cut one of those disgusting soap opera lovey dovey scenes between Sylar and the chick and shown Matt for a second.

Or the horrible acting between Claire and West.

Oooh, i've been burned and ****ed in teh ass by a horse, but this really hurts!

Oooh claire! I can't stand to see you this way!

:deevee:

Jeeze..

cadmonkey
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM

I think Matt was the "baby sitter" he let go early

Delano
11-27-2007, 11:41 AM

I think the now-powerful Matt would dominate a powerless Sylar.

Reaper16
11-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Definitely. Parkman could easily take Sylar right now. Parkman is a complete BAMF; Matt trapped his dad, Maury, who has the same powers as him, inside of Maury's own mind... while Matt was ostensibly trapped inside Matt's mind. Insane.

HolmeZz
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM

Or maybe Maya was the babysitter Mohinder hired.

Tribal Warfare
11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Definitely. Parkman could easily take Sylar right now. Parkman is a complete BAMF; Matt trapped his dad, Maury, who has the same powers as him, inside of Maury's own mind... while Matt was ostensibly trapped inside Matt's mind. Insane.

now when peter comes in contact with Parkman again , then Peter would be uber almost godlike powerful.

cadmonkey
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM

thats to bad, because I hate Matt and really like Sylar

kaplin42
11-27-2007, 02:04 PM
At least they killed off one of the twins. And it looks like the other is going to live long either. They were the most pointless plot.

Who do you guys think the two heros to die are going to be?

And really, another season of Sylar as the main bad guy on the rise? Come on.

patteeu
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
At least they killed off one of the twins. And it looks like the other is going to live long either. They were the most pointless plot.

Who do you guys think the two heros to die are going to be?

And really, another season of Sylar as the main bad guy on the rise? Come on.

My wild guess: Adam and Bob. (That would set Veronica Mars up with a revenge motive for next season).

Or Adam and the sister.

I don't really see how one more episode can lead to a very satisfying season conclusion in any event. I suppose it will have a cliffhanger and leave plenty of loose ends for the future. Does anyone know if that's definitely going to be the end of season 2 even if the writers strike ends tomorrow?

Delano
11-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't think Adam will die for some reason.

I think they are building up a group of villians that will, in the future, plot to control or eliminate humanity.

I think they are paving the way for a Claire/Nathan and other "good" heroes to reveal the big secret and then protect humanity from the villians.

HolmeZz
11-27-2007, 02:30 PM
now when peter comes in contact with Parkman again , then Peter would be uber almost godlike powerful.

Peter can already do what Parkman does. He doesn't need to come in contact with him a second time.

HolmeZz
11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I know one of the Heroes that dies. Most of you won't care much at all about that loss.

I don't know if they're counting Adam as the other person who 'dies', as technically he doesn't. If it's not Adam, then the other rumor is of someone pretty big. A villain at that.

HolmeZz
11-27-2007, 02:37 PM
My wild guess: Adam and Bob. (That would set Veronica Mars up with a revenge motive for next season).

She's already got a motive that will be on display next episode. :p

Does anyone know if that's definitely going to be the end of season 2 even if the writers strike ends tomorrow?

It's definitely the end of Volume 2. Volume 3(called Exodus) was scheduled to start after the break and finish out the rest of the season. That's obviously on hold with the writer's strike. They're gonna do a little teaser at the end of Volume 2 though, like they did at the end of the first season.

Valiant
11-27-2007, 08:39 PM

I think it will take more then that.. Claires blood cured her father, and that bullet should have taken a good part of his brain im thinking..

Valiant
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
I know one of the Heroes that dies. Most of you won't care much at all about that loss.

I don't know if they're counting Adam as the other person who 'dies', as technically he doesn't. If it's not Adam, then the other rumor is of someone pretty big. A villain at that.

I hope it is jessica and then they write off all of her family as that storyline is boring as hell... That and Sylar is going to kill Maya, because I don't think they are dumb enough to have him fall in love with her..

keg in kc
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM
They're making it look like Hiro's going to behead Julian Sark.

Tribal Warfare
11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Peter can already do what Parkman does. He doesn't need to come in contact with him a second time.

Yes he can only do the 1st stage of the of mind manipulation listening on others thoughts, but Parkman would unlock the other parts of his abilities just like Maury did

HolmeZz
11-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes he can only do the 1st stage of the of mind manipulation listening on others thoughts, but Parkman would unlock the other parts of his abilities just like Maury did

Nope. He has the same power potential as everyone he comes into contact with. That's why Claude was teaching him how to perfect his abilities.

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Nope. He has the same power potential as everyone he comes into contact with. That's why Claude was teaching him how to perfect his abilities.

Yes, but he doesn't know of it's ability, it's like learning karate when one gets a blackbelt he's mastered the basics(Claude), but if one has a guide from the same path to take him further then it wouldn't decades to master, but enhance the growth process to ones best possible ability. Parkman experienced his father's mind entrapment, and learned how to adapt in that environment

Valiant
11-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Baki Hanma, we need him..

HolmeZz
11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes, but he doesn't know of it's ability, it's like learning karate when one gets a blackbelt he's mastered the basics(Claude), but if one has a guide from the same path to take him further then it wouldn't decades to master, but enhance the growth process to ones best possible ability. Parkman experienced his father's mind entrapment, and learned how to adapt in that environment

Yes, Peter has to be taught the extent of his power. Your original post said something about him needing to come in contact with Parkman, as if he didn't have the ability to begin with.

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Peter has to be taught the extent of his power.

This is what I was trying to convey

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Did anyone else cheer when Sylar killed Alejandro? I know I did. Now, just kill the sister... kill the sister... kill the sister.

Please?No way. She's hot.
:)

BigRedChief
11-28-2007, 07:52 PM
No way. She's hot.
:)
But she's annoying as hell. And we have the cheerleader for eye candy.

Delano
11-28-2007, 08:03 PM

Claire and Elle can't be in every scene.

Fish
11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Claire and Elle can't be in every scene.

why?

:drool:

Guru
11-28-2007, 11:21 PM
I take it you haven't seen Elle then. :shake:

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 06:00 AM
why?

:drool:
Yeah, what's the problem with that?:)

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Bumpage.

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
K bets on which two die..

I am going Bob and the annoying Mexican bitch..

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
K bets on which two die..

I am going Bob and the annoying Mexican bitch..

I wouldn't go placing any money on that. ;)

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't go placing any money on that. ;)

Well my other one is Jessica, to replace Bob..

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Well my other one is Jessica, to replace Bob..

Nikki. And that would be wise.

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Well I got one so far..

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Nikki. And that would be wise.

Hopefully its her, but bob's daughter is going to where Sylar is.. If Sylar gets his powers she is dead and Sylar gets more powerful...

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Makes it more pointless that they wasted our time with the stupid twin storyline.

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Hopefully its her, but bob's daughter is going to where Sylar is.. If Sylar gets his powers she is dead and Sylar gets more powerful...

Don't count out KBell. ;)

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
DUNDUNDUN

What a tweest.

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Makes it more pointless that they wasted our time with the stupid twin storyline.

Agreed.. But I think this is the writers remedying that mistake and going back to what made season 1 great...

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Don't count out KBell. ;)

hell no, I don't want her to go cause she is smoking hot...

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Who did Peter get those powers from???

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Who did Peter get those powers from???

Which? To open the vault? It was telekinesis.

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Which? To open the vault? It was telekinesis.

Yeah, who did he pick them up from..

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, who did he pick them up from..

Sylar.

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Sylar.

Who did Sylar get them from???

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Peter just made it airborne??

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Who did Sylar get them from???

The first guy he killed in that flashback ep in season 1: Brian Davis. He clocked him over the head with a glass thing.

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
I always love how buildings blow up for no reason..

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Peter just made it airborne??

Nah. The dust in his hand was likely the glass from the tube. He destroyed the virus.

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 07:54 PM
http://heroeswiki.com/Brian_Davis

The guy Sylar got telekinesis from.

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Snap Adam...

Man we want Kbell and Claire together making out... Dammit move this show to cinemax...

Valiant
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
http://heroeswiki.com/Brian_Davis

The guy Sylar got telekinesis from.

Sweet...

Valiant
12-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Damn... They forced Claires dad to kill him...

Season 3 should be great when they get around to it...

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Damn... They forced Claires dad to kill him...

Looks like it.

And Angela was likely talking to Bob.

irishjayhawk
12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Great episode. I was 1 3/4 on my prediction.

I predicted Nathan and THe virus lady. She almost died I thought I nailed it.

And then she comes back.

BUT, I got my death. Nikki is dead. Finally, she was annoying.

irishjayhawk
12-03-2007, 08:09 PM

He apologized for that. And I think this was his final act in that apology.

EDIT: AND you can't say it was pointless since they halted this season - for all intents and purposes - because of the writers strike. This ep wouldn't have aired if no strike. It was written to be a stop gap.

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 08:18 PM
It's not a given Nathan dies. The hints were continually 'two heroes fall'. Peter could bring Nathan back to life with his own blood if need be.

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
This ep wouldn't have aired if no strike. It was written to be a stop gap.

Nope. This was the end of the volume and what you saw was the original episode. It was shot months ago. I had most of it spoiled to me by an extra.

irishjayhawk
12-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Nope. This was the end of the volume and what you saw was the original episode. It was shot months ago. I had most of it spoiled to me by an extra.

Really? All the internets and outlets said it was rewritten for the strike....

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 08:43 PM
They might've changed a thing or two to add to the cliffhangers, but the major plot points were certainly all the same. I've known them for a while now.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2007, 12:56 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHCJu8BHls8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHCJu8BHls8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sylar's back BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guru
12-04-2007, 01:01 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHCJu8BHls8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHCJu8BHls8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

NICE!!!!

Valiant
12-04-2007, 01:28 AM

This one is my favorite..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsf8a2oE6mI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsf8a2oE6mI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Guru
12-04-2007, 01:35 AM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsf8a2oE6mI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsf8a2oE6mI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I like the music in that one better but like the video of the first one more.

Fruit Ninja
12-04-2007, 01:41 AM
It was ok. This season has been kinda lame overall though. Really dissapointed with how this is going. All of a sudden no one can die. Peter got shot. Oh noes, get Clairs blood and its like it never happened.

Guru
12-04-2007, 01:53 AM
It was ok. This season has been kinda lame overall though. Really dissapointed with how this is going. All of a sudden no one can die. Peter got shot. Oh noes, get Clairs blood and its like it never happened.
I am afraid of that as well. I hope they DON"T go down that road.

Personally, I think Claire evolved or something. There was a brief pause before she tried to lift it again. I don't know. Just something strange about that scene.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2007, 07:01 AM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4fJiBz3KhI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4fJiBz3KhI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NBYBClw35RM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NBYBClw35RM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Some more cool vids

KcMizzou
12-04-2007, 07:20 AM
That's been very annoying.

irishjayhawk
12-04-2007, 07:22 AM
That's been very annoying.

Eh, again, I'm one to side with the show based on the fact that it was technically a half season.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2007, 07:30 AM

Their is an easy out that, one is the Jason Voorhies/Micheal Myers stalking method of Sylar by picking other "heroes" one by one when neither one of the regenerators are present. The other one they'll go Highlander and start taking peoples heads off or a gunshot to the head.

Braincase
12-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Kill Hiro's dad, spend a couple millenia in hell.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2007, 10:42 AM

I bet in the next go around Sylar kills Claire, "save the cheerleader save the world". Then Noah will go Jack Bauer/Harry Callahan on anyone who steps in his way.

kaplin42
12-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Kill Hiro's dad, spend a couple millenia in hell.

Sylar kills Molly, and then finds Adam, together they team up to take the company down. The company in the mean time goes against Peter and Matt. HRG is only pretending to be loyal to the company, and really working against it. Suresh dies, becauce he is the dumbest ****ing "smart guy" on the face of the planet. Peter and Sylar have a big blowout, since Peter is in full control of his powers now, and is not such a sissy any more.

Claire and Elle discover their natural attraction to each other, and decide to run off together to have some freaky circus lesbian sex.

Matt/Peter VS Sylar/Monroe vs The Company.

All in all, not a bad Season 3 on the way.

Oh, and last nights episode was completely rewritten as an alternative ending to the season due to (at the time) the impending writers strike. Yes it may have been filmed a month or two ago, but it was NOT how the season was originally planned to end. Especially considering, that Vol. 3 was supposed to be called "Exodus" if I remember correctly.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Sylar kills Molly, and then finds Adam

The Adam issue may not happen, because Sylar doesn't know what Adam looks like and would rather kill him instead of following orders

BigRedChief
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
The Adam issue may not happen, because Sylar doesn't know what Adam looks like and would rather kill him instead of following orders
Yep, thats the fly in the ointment of those two teaming up. Both want to be supreme leader and have others follow their orders. They won't play nice together.

HolmeZz
12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Sylar kills Molly, and then finds Adam.

They're not going to kill the little girl. :p And I'm not sure if Anders has a role in next season. I'll have to look.

Oh, and last nights episode was completely rewritten as an alternative ending to the season due to (at the time) the impending writers strike. Yes it may have been filmed a month or two ago, but it was NOT how the season was originally planned to end.

I believe the Nathan assassination was re-done, but everything else went as originally planned. The scene at PrimaTech, Adam being buried alive, Nikki dying, Elle fighting off Sylar, the Nathan speech, ect. I've known all of that for a while.

Especially considering, that Vol. 3 was supposed to be called "Exodus" if I remember correctly.

It was supposed to be Exodus and I'm really not sure what happened there. 'Villains' doesn't sound great. But I think it'll center around the company's evil turn, Angela, and Sylar. And maybe Adam returns but I haven't heard anything definitive on that.

BigRedChief
12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
So who was mama talking too on the phone?

And who/what is in the pandoras box?

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2007, 01:13 PM
And who/what is in the pandoras box?

Peter is gonna pissed, and will go on a rampage by taking out company agents

Delano
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Isn't Pandora's Box in this case the desire for several heroes (Nathan and Claire at least) to out the whole lot of 'em?

Nathan did get quite a bit of his message out. Anyone with half a brain is going to do some digging and see what's up.