Cortez Kennedy DT
Bryan Cox LB
Terrell Buckley CB
Chidi Ahanotu DE
Chris Slade LB
Brock Marion S
D'Marco Farr DT
Antowain Smith RB

This is without the June 1st cuts. Any interest in any of these players?

This list was in the USA Today.

Mark M
06-01-2001, 06:18 AM
I'd cut Carlton Grey and pickup either Buckley or Marion to fill a Nickel spot. And I'd still like to see the Chiefs cut Brister and get Dilfer as a veteran backup ... he'd be a good locker-room guy, and I honestly believe he can play in the Chiefs new offensive system (as long as he has run support).

Just my 2.

MM
~~Once gain playing GM.

Bwana
06-01-2001, 06:26 AM
Hmm? I wonder what kind of green Cortez Kennedy DT would need to throw on a little red this season. Do you think he still has what it takes to play some quality ball?

Lzen
06-01-2001, 08:58 AM
Mark,
Brock Marion is a safety. I don't think he'd do too well at the nickel cornerback spot.

kcred
06-01-2001, 09:01 AM
Be careful what you wish for. Our recent success with late signing FAs has not been that great. Carlton Grey, and Lew Bush come to mind.

Cormac
06-01-2001, 09:05 AM
IMO we could use a couple of defensive linemen for DV's supposed personnel rotating system, unless Downing and Beisel figure to contribute soon. The one place we need depth right now is at safety IMO. Marion would be a very good pickup there. I'd also prefer Dilfer to Brister. But I'm not in favour of signing guys for the sake of signing them, unless our youngsters need more time.

Lzen
06-01-2001, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by kcred
Be careful what you wish for. Our recent success with late signing FAs has not been that great. Carlton Grey, and Lew Bush come to mind.

I don't know about Gray but, I don't believe Lew Bush was a late FA signing. On the other hand, we have had a lot of success over the years when it comes to late FA signings.

58Forever
06-01-2001, 10:12 AM
While some of these guys might be able to help the Chiefs or any team they'd play for, you have to wonder why no one has signed them...one of two reasons...

They aren't as good as they use to be and they still want too much money...

Dilfer would be an expensive backup...think he'd play for less then a mil a year?...I don't think we can afford these guys unless they are willing to play for a lot less...

HC_Chief
06-01-2001, 10:17 AM
Don't be too quick to dump on Bush. He went through some horrible family problems last season - his head just wasn't in the game. The guy can play OLB - he was a run-stuffing monster in San Diego. This season, I expect him to return to form.

58Forever
06-01-2001, 10:26 AM
The fact that they didn't cut Bush leads me to believe that you may be right...I too think he can fill the needs we have...but he will definitely have a fight on his hands...if Patton secures the middle, that leave Bush and Maz to fight it out for the other OLB...unless the Chiefs go back to a 3-4

keg in kc
06-01-2001, 10:29 AM
I don't think we're cutting Bush; I believe he's going to get a shot to play the outside. Hopefully he'll step up, and apparently (if Greg Robinson can be believed...) he really wants to atone for last season's performance. Honestly, I'm more worried about Patton than Bush, at this point, because I think age has to catch up to him sooner or later and I'm not certain Maz is completely ready to shoulder the whole load yet. Then again, Maz could beat him out in training camp...

I just hope we sign Cadrez to give us depth at all 3 spots.

King_Chief_Fan
06-01-2001, 01:39 PM
I guess I am missing something. I cannot see where Dilfer would be an advantage over the current back ups( and I am not crazy about Brister at all). Other than his personality, his hard work ethic and solid life values, he cannot help this team from a performance stand point. Look at the games he played for Baltimore. Not impressive. He is a great locker room presence, but not QB. If the Chiefs sign Dilfer, I will wait for the results before I pass further judgement. :confused:

DaKCMan AP
06-01-2001, 01:50 PM
This past February I scored for Terrell Buckley and Eric Dickerson at Dan Marino's Celeb. Golf Tourney. I volunteer there every year and meet a ton of great current and past players of all sports. Anyways, TBuck was real cool, great guy. If he were a better corner I'd love to have him in KC. Actually, when you think about it he might be a better corner than some of what we have now.