PDA

View Full Version : Need Java? script help

dtebbe
09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I have a little "latest news" section that shows up on a ton of pages across my website. I would like to update this more frequently, but I current have to duplicate it across almost 70 pages every time I make an update. Does anyone know of a simple script I could put in there to "call" the html from one central location? These pages are all generated by my Miva shopping cart, so that limits things somewhat.

Free Dammit Carl! T-shirts for a solution to the problem :)

DT

Simplex3
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
It would help tremendously if I had the script that needs to be modified.

penguinz
09-26-2007, 01:59 PM
You can put your 'latest news' code in a file and call it to all the pages that need it via a php includes function. (assuming your pages are all php)

dtebbe
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
You can put your 'latest news' code in a file and call it to all the pages that need it via a php includes function. (assuming your pages are all php)

My pages are not php. Miva has it's own propritary script, but you can run java within it.

I was hoping that there was a "off the shelf" script available that would just call html from a given location and populate it across multiple pages.

DT

KC Jones
09-26-2007, 09:49 PM
javascript != Java

ZepSinger
09-27-2007, 07:25 AM
My pages are not php. Miva has it's own propritary script, but you can run java within it.

I was hoping that there was a "off the shelf" script available that would just call html from a given location and populate it across multiple pages.

DT

Can you do server side includes in your system? If so, you write the code you need for the update section, copy that code into an include file, and then put the reference to the include file wherever else in the entire site that you want. Then, when you want to update it, just update the include file, and the change is reflected across the whole site.

Z

StcChief
09-27-2007, 08:43 AM
but the news in a database table row.