PDA

View Full Version : New Nightwish videos!

Nightwish
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM
The new Nightwish album, with the new singer, Annette Olzon, is scheduled for US release next Tuesday, October 2nd. Here are a couple videos from the album:

Amaranth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZn7k5rZLQ)

Bye Bye Beautiful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTdhXxxWREo)

I don't know what is up with the girls on the instruments in parts of the second video, but whoever they are, they're hot!!!

Radar Chief
09-28-2007, 12:57 PM
I take it you’re, like, a fan of the band, or something? ;)

Braincase
09-28-2007, 02:02 PM
I take it you’re, like, a fan of the band, or something? ;)

Don't worry, NE, I got your back. I've been a fan for years. Miss Tarja, but when she went all Diva, the boys had no choice. Annett sounds alright, and should do well. Very different timbre to her voice, but then again, Tarja was operatic.

alt.binaries.mp3.heavy-metal
The new album can be found...posted the other night.

Radar Chief
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Don't worry, NE, I got your back. I've been a fan for years. Miss Tarja, but when she went all Diva, the boys had no choice. Annett sounds alright, and should do well. Very different timbre to her voice, but then again, Tarja was operatic.

alt.binaries.mp3.heavy-metal
The new album can be found...posted the other night.

Not intended as an insult, just a guess from NW’s log on name.
The band NW has an ok sound, but they’re just not my style. They’re not nearly dark, gritty or self loathing enough for my tastes.

Mr Luzcious
09-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Quite a bit better than I expected.

Nightwish
09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
I expect the musical style is a big change from what Annette is used to. Would you believe she came over from a Swedish (hence why her English is much better than Tarja's) Abba tribute band?

Nightwish
09-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Not intended as an insult, just a guess from NW’s log on name.
Hehe, you're only just now figuring that out? :p Believe it not, though, despite my logon, they're not quite my all-time favorite band - that honor goes to Helloween (with Rush a very close second). But they're very high on my list.

The band NW has an ok sound, but they’re just not my style. They’re not nearly dark, gritty or self loathing enough for my tastes.
Some of their stuff is very dark and gothy, but some is very pop. They're one of those bands that is very hard to nail down, as far as style. "Symphonic" and "operatic" (at least during the Tarja years) are about the only terms that fit very consistently.