PDA

View Full Version : Left or Right-Handed?

stevieray
06-02-2001, 03:38 PM
I read somwhere that only 10% of the US is left handed, and 80% of Hollywood are lefties. Also that left handers get injured more using machinery, etc. That would make sense since the communist righties design everything for right handers. It's a conspiracy I tell you. School desks in the 60's, 70's ?

Lefties don't get much. Turn siganl and the knob to flush your toilet.
So which is it?

Are you in your "right " mind, or left?

old_geezer
06-02-2001, 03:43 PM
Left handed in everything I do (except swing a baseball bat, which is very seldom anymore. :rolleyes: )

keg in kc
06-02-2001, 03:44 PM
I'll answer right-handed although I'm actually ambidextrous. I can do virtually anything left-handed that I do right handed, although my writing skill has declined from lack of use.

AJKCFAN
06-02-2001, 04:16 PM
Lefty writing, lefty swinging, but righty kicking. Go figure....

Cormac
06-02-2001, 06:02 PM
I'm a leftie. By the way, the Hollywood thing might have something to do with the "left brain - right brain" theory. Left handed people are supposed to use the right hemisphere of their brain more than the left and are known as right-brained. The right hemisphere is supposed to be the more "art-sy" (acting etc.) and scientific side. I don't know how true this is - it's just a theory.

Gaz
06-02-2001, 06:39 PM
Righty.

xoxo~
Gaz
Tighty.

HC_Chief
06-02-2001, 06:49 PM
Right-handed, but box/spar as a south-paw. Don't ask why - it just feels more natural

Bat, throw, write, feed, wipe etc. with right hand.

Phobia
06-02-2001, 06:51 PM
I'm alright, I write with my right hand on the right paper as a rite. ;)

I bat & golf rightie - brush my teeth leftie, eat rightie, but wipe my *** leftie. I also type rightie.

I have no idea what to do with myself.

California Injun
06-02-2001, 07:09 PM
StevieRay,

Did you forget about the red (right) and the green (left) scissors in elementary schools? Remember how they never had enough of them?

Ever try to cut paper with today's scissors? I have to flip them upside down to cut properly.

Those communists desks in school are why a majority of the lefties write with that crooked retarded grip. They needed to somehow support their forearms.

I love being a leftie in sports as it totally psyches out your opponents who are use to right handers. (i.e Tennis, Baseball, QBs in football.)

Conversely, facing another leftie would alter my game the same way...

ck_IN
06-02-2001, 07:11 PM
One of the few, the proud, the superior, a lefty!
We will rule, and then by gawd will there be changes!

old_geezer
06-02-2001, 07:18 PM
There will have to be changes or else we won't be able to work the machinery properly. :rolleyes:

ck_IN
06-02-2001, 07:24 PM
I remember in grade school when they tried to get me to use left-handed scissors among other things. Couldn't get those blasted things to work!

Actually the only left-right thing that really gives me trouble is tightening-loosening something. I always do it backward if I'm not careful.

BTW: It's been proven that lefties recover faster from brain injury. Since we're adept at adapting to a right handed world, our brains adapt and compensate more quickly for the damaged portion of the brain.

LWA - Fear of a left handed planet!

*testing the obscure musical knowledge of the audience*

milkman
06-02-2001, 07:29 PM
From HC,
"wipe etc"
From Kphobia,
"but wipe my *** leftie"

File these away under the category of
Things we really didn't need to know.

I'm a Mighty Righty, including the wiping.

California Injun
06-02-2001, 07:32 PM
milkman,

Does your toliet paper hang OVER or UNDER?

BIG_DADDY
06-02-2001, 07:37 PM
BIG DADDY is a Righty with almost everything. I will switch hit left sometimes and will spar southpaw probably 60% of the time.

BIG DADDY

It keeps my power up front though so I guess that doesn't count.

milkman
06-02-2001, 07:45 PM
Injun,
Since you asked, and this is a pet peeve, my wife always puts the rolls under, and I have to fix it.

ExtremeChief
06-02-2001, 07:59 PM
Righty all the way...I do suck at art though ;)

Ya'all are right about the paper...It should hang over. I have to fix it all of the time too.

Hey, why can't they put the lid back up for us????

still doing things the right way...I don't wanna get left behind!

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2001, 08:11 PM
I write & eat lefty but everything sports related is righty.

California Injun
06-02-2001, 08:12 PM
Milkman,

I think that is a woman thing because my gal does the same thing.

How can you properly do the one handed rip off method standing up? With it under you just keep getting more tissue!!!

milkman
06-02-2001, 08:28 PM
I, too, think it's a woman thing.
It's a good thing women don't run the world, everthing would be upside down.:D

As long as this topic has gone straight to the toilet,
when you go to a public restroom, which do you prefer,
paper towels or air blowers?

Zebedee DuBois
06-02-2001, 08:35 PM
Right is right and left is.... well - wrong! (for me anyway)

I have no problem getting toilet paper from either the top or the bottom, and can't quite figure out why this is a problem for others.

I prefer paper towels in public restrooms, because it is drys hands faster, and sometimes the paper towels have other usefull functions that can't always be taken care of under a blower. ( I stepped in what !!?!!)

California Injun
06-02-2001, 08:57 PM
Milkman,

I'll let you in on a sanitary secret when using public restrooms;

If the room has paper towels, grab an extra one to use on the doorknob.

If it is air dry, then wait until someone enters or opens the door for you.

It makes absolutely NO SENSE to wash your hands properly and THEN grab the doorknob on your way back to the table.

Don't you remember taking Biology in college and doing those culture samples? The doorknobs were ALWAYS the worst bacteria collectors.

California Injun
06-02-2001, 08:59 PM
Dubois,

You must be the type that uses two hands to rip the paper off the roll.

It is a problem when it is UNDER for the one hand swipers....

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2001, 09:05 PM
Another thing- The first stall is usually the cleanest. Most use the last one.

California Injun
06-02-2001, 09:07 PM
chiefs30,

Yeah, but the last stall has all the cool graffetti!!

milkman
06-02-2001, 09:11 PM
Injun,
I might remember that college biology course if I had bothered to go to college.:eek:
I wasn't about to continue on a path I totally despised (school)
In retrospect it might have come in handy. I might have learned something about computers.:)

I absolutely hate to touch anything in public bathrooms. I never touch the knobs on my way out.

I'm a paper towel guy. If there aren't any paper towels, I use toilet seat covers, both to dry, and to open doors.

And no, those toilet seat covers aren't used.:p

Chiefs Pantalones
06-02-2001, 09:52 PM
I use my right hand for everything, although I can handle a basketball with my left hand and shoot, I am not totally ambidexderious like some of you are.

CG

throws a football righthanded, but I can throw one lefthanded too (like a girl)

KS Smitty
06-02-2001, 10:10 PM
Ok I don't use my right or left hand to wipe....I use tiolet paper. Sorry couldn't resist. Tiolet paper in our house is the overhand way. If you use the underhook way it'll unroll the whole roll at your feet. Gentlemen please let your women know the proper way to put on tp is overhand. I'm also right handed. I've heard that you have to be left handed to be in your right mind
Obviously I'm not!!!:eek:

FloridaChief
06-02-2001, 10:20 PM
I write, throw, eat, LEFTY but have always kicked right and batted right, despite other's well-intentioned efforts to mold me into a more 'accepted' shape....amazing what adults will attempt to 'fix' in children, isn't it?

California Injun
06-02-2001, 10:25 PM
smitty,

How many of us guys out there calculate the length of the roll to leave j-u-s-t enough so that the woman has to replace it the next time she squats?

And then we are STILL too lazy to take the roll off and switch it around anyways?:D

KS Smitty
06-02-2001, 10:41 PM
$hit Cal, we got two kids and they both have it down to an art! We have a cupboard above the comode so most of us can reach the new role and change it without too many problems. I hate it when that happens.

Logical
06-02-2001, 11:31 PM
I write right, I can throw a football or bowl right or left, I throw and hit a baseball best right, but I can hit left if I desire, but for some reason I cannot throw a baseball left handed to save my soul.

I am told that I was pretty much left handed until at the age of 5 I broke my left collarbone in a School bus accident. But who knows.

The left handed thing did not correspond with the right brained creativity at least as far as music and art. I write pretty well though and my fiction is pretty darn good. You might ask a certain Queen Bee how annoying my fiction can become.

stevieray
06-03-2001, 08:07 AM
Man, good to know a lot of us are in our right minds...

I can switch hit, but I golf right handed.

anyone else get exiled to the corner of the dinner table so you don't bump elbows/

Also, when I help my wife fold sheets , she always folds BACKWARDS. I was hoping one my girls would be a leftie, but like Tony Soprano says, "Whataya gonna do?

Thanks for all the replies.

alanm
06-03-2001, 09:28 AM
Started out as a leftie but I broke my collarbone as a wee lad. Changed to being right handed. But I can do most anything equally well except write. Don't know what sided brain I am but I do like the arts.

Bearcat
06-03-2001, 09:52 AM
I throw, bat, shoot a basketball, left-handed... and also have a left handed hockey stick.

I write, eat, kick (and since it's been brought up, wipe, using toilet paper that is in the overhand postion) right handed.

When I play raquetball I have such a crappy backhand, that I will switch hands occasionally and use two forehands, even though I use my right more than left.

Overall, I would classify myself as ambidextrous or a lefty, but I am definitely not right-brained.

old_geezer
06-03-2001, 12:02 PM
Milkman

Re: post #25 "I never touch the knobs on my way out." How many doors have you paid to replace? :p