PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Pushing Daisies

DFB
10-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Tonight...on ABC...anyone catch it?

Phenomenal show. Visually stunning. It's like Dr. Seuss meets Nightmare Before Christmas. Amazingly clever dialouge. First keeper of the new shows.

"Pushing Daisies, meet TiVo Season Pass...." :clap:

KcMizzou
10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Alright. I've heard nothing but good things about this show. Gonna DL it now.

Reaper's first ep was great, but I thought the 2nd was pretty dull in comparison.

I wish they'd get Kevin Smith onboard for the whole series.

DFB
10-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, I've checked out Chuck, Journeyman, Life, and Dirty Sexy Money. None are good enough to be can't-miss. Good enough to keep me watching one more week. DSM was better this week.

...BUT...

Pushing Daisies. I'm tellin' you. Brilliant. It has this fairy-tale, dark humor-esque story. The dialogue and writing are so fast and witty.

Wowie wow wow.

Smed1065
10-03-2007, 10:27 PM
I will have to check it out now. Lost of ads but still worried from previews.

I am a hands on person myself.

:)

DFB
10-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Check it out. And when you love it, feel free to rep away! :)

Smed1065
10-03-2007, 10:40 PM

I will either way. LOL

I do not watch much TV except football, I should warn you.

DFB
10-03-2007, 10:56 PM
I will either way. LOL

I do not watch much TV except football, I should warn you.

It's unlike anything else on TV. Which is AWESOME. :clap:

Thig Lyfe
10-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow, this show is getting rave reviews.

Which means it will soon get canceled.

I better check it out before it does.

DFB
10-03-2007, 11:11 PM

If it gets canceled, I give up on TV. It is the most original and brilliant show since.....Price is Right.

Seriously though, it's phenomenal. :clap:

Guru
10-03-2007, 11:23 PM

ABC is good at that aren't they.

chiefsfan987
10-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Tonight...on ABC...anyone catch it?

Phenomenal show. Visually stunning. It's like Dr. Seuss meets Nightmare Before Christmas. Amazingly clever dialouge. First keeper of the new shows.

"Pushing Daisies, meet TiVo Season Pass...." :clap:

Have you seen the movie Big Fish? Thats what this show reminds me of. Then again most of Tim Burton's stuff is pretty much the same.

Short Leash Hootie
10-04-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm a big fan of this DFB guy...I wonder why he was a lurker so long...ANY LURKERS OUT THERE THAT ARE COOL LIKE THIS GUY FEEL FREE TO START POSTING.

Short Leash Hootie
10-04-2007, 12:57 AM
P.S. I'm downloading episode 1, I'll let you know what I think...

ChiefsCountry
10-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Hootie found him a boyfriend how sweet.

Smed1065
10-04-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm a big fan of this DFB guy...I wonder why he was a lurker so long...ANY LURKERS OUT THERE THAT ARE COOL LIKE THIS GUY FEEL FREE TO START POSTING.

Not a post whore?

Short Leash Hootie
10-04-2007, 01:01 AM
I TOLD YOU NOT TO SAY ANYTHING!

Smed1065
10-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Maybe if you win, I can buy u a new keyboard.

LOL

DaKCMan AP
10-04-2007, 05:15 AM
It reminded me of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Delano
10-04-2007, 06:30 AM
I'll ruminate on this.

And by ruminate I mean ponder, not chew my cud.

DFB
10-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Have you seen the movie Big Fish? Thats what this show reminds me of. Then again most of Tim Burton's stuff is pretty much the same.

Heard of it, but no, haven't seen it. A friend of mine has the DVD. I'll have to check it out.

DFB
10-04-2007, 09:09 PM

I'm a big fan of his, too.

Honestly, it was a number of reasons. I didn't have alot of time to check here often enough. I would be reading a thread, then come back in a few hours, and it'd be on page 4. Then, when I would want to add something, the topic would change. So many people posting so fast.

That...and there was nothing for me to disagree with on here, for the most part. THEN...the Huard bashing came. And it seriously blew me away. Generally, there's at least once a year where I would get so close to registering and posting, then would back off. But the "no credit for Damon campaign" sent me over the edge. So then I started making time to be on the board more often. Then I just had to throw my $.02 in and that was it. But then someone would make a stupid disagreement (I'm fine with intelligent disagreements :) ) and it was off to the races. The occassional "stupid n00b" comment always makes me laugh.

If everyone had a brain around here, it would be no big deal. But then again, if there was no crime, there'd be no need for police. It is what it is.

Anyways, back to Pushing Daisies...

DFB
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM

And I'm hotter than Kelli Croyle. :toast:

Mr. Laz
10-04-2007, 09:16 PM
i thought it was kind of silly :shrug:

kristin chenowith is nice though :D

Skip Towne
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Are you asking for rep?

DFB
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM

ABC has ordered a full 13-episodes. Not that means anything, but at least they showed commitment after seeing the pilot. Good sign.

It reminded me of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

I can see that.

I'll ruminate on this.

And by ruminate I mean ponder, not chew my cud.

Ah, you've seen it.

"Split it three ways. 30-30-40. I died for it, it's only fair."

DFB
10-04-2007, 09:19 PM
i thought it was kind of silly :shrug:

kristin chenowith is nice though :D

:thumb: "Does he touch you?"

DFB
10-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Are you asking for rep?

Is that you Skip, the man who lost his smile? Did you see Pushing Daisies?

Skip Towne
10-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Is that you Skip, the man who lost his smile? Did you see Pushing Daisies?
OK, boys, the man wants rep. You know the drill. Stupid n00b.

DFB
10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
You're a retard, g00b. Go get a sense of humor, and get back with me.

And go watch Pushing Daisies.

Skip Towne
10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
You're a retard, g00b. Go get a sense of humor, and get back with me.

And go watch Pushing Daisies.
Why would I watch that ignorant shit? I got some rep left, you want it?

irishjayhawk
10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Downloading.

If it's as good as you say it is, it'll probably just end up like Arrested Development. At which point, I'll lose more faith in the suffering TV area.

DFB
10-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Downloading.

If it's as good as you say it is, it'll probably just end up like Arrested Development. At which point, I'll lose more faith in the suffering TV area.

It's just so different. Excellent writing. Visually unlike anything on TV. Let me know what you think after d/l it.

To everyone else that hasn't downloaded it yet or doesn't know anything about torrents, you can watch the full episode at abc.com

FYI

Guru
10-05-2007, 03:49 AM
The creator has to be related to Tim Burton in some way shape or form.

It is good but it won't last.

Splat420
10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Have you seen the movie Big Fish?

It made me think of Big Fish and Stranger Than Fiction when I was watching it I really enjoyed PD like many people have all ready said it was just different. I didn't realize how much I liked it till I was telling my Dad about it the next day it was a great show.

Delano
10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
There is a lot more than just good writing and that unique style people are talking about that has me so interested in the show.

The show had me thinking about all kinds of things. Death, relationships with my parents, and folks with social anxiety. I don't watch many shows on network TV that have this kind of impact on me.

DFB
10-05-2007, 10:49 AM
The creator has to be related to Tim Burton in some way shape or form.

It is good but it won't last.

Bryan Fuller is the creator and executive producer. He was a writer for Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. And just recently, was a writer and co-executive producer for Heroes. So he's been around and seems to really be a sci-fi type guy.

DFB
10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
There is a lot more than just good writing and that unique style people are talking about that has me so interested in the show.

The show had me thinking about all kinds of things. Death, relationships with my parents, and folks with social anxiety. I don't watch many shows on network TV that have this kind of impact on me.

Yeah, I agree. The second time I watched it, I picked up on alot of different things, like you mention. It's definitely multi-dimensional.

I'm a day late on this, but I pulled up the fast national ratings (just means it's unofficial) for Wednesday....Pushing Daisies is "roses!"

-----------------------------------------

Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2007

ABC scored a narrow ratings win Wednesday night as critical darling "Pushing Daisies" got off to a pretty good start.

For the night, ABC averaged a 7.7 rating/13 share, just beating CBS, 7.5/12. NBC finished third at 6.5/11. FOX, 4.0/6, came in fourth, and The CW earned a 2.4/4 for fifth.

ABC also led among adults 18-49, scoring a 4.1 rating. CBS, 3.4, took second in the key ad demographic, edging NBC's 3.3. FOX averaged 2.7 and The CW 1.7.

The premiere of "Pushing Daisies" earned an 8.3/14 for ABC at 8 p.m., topping NBC's "Deal or No Deal," 7.1/12. "Kid Nation" put CBS in third. "Back to You," 4.4/7, and "'Til Death," 4.0/6, gave FOX the No. 4 spot, beating the 3.0/5 for "America's Next Top Model" on The CW.

------------------------------------------

Awesome. :clap: So far, so good. I might be wrong, but I think that might be the first NEW show to lead in the ratings. Chuck was solid but was still second or third when it premiered, I remember. Not only did PD give ABC the win for Wed night, but also the 18-49 adult demo. And it beat Deal or No Deal easily. Nice. ABC execs have got to happy! Too bad there's talk of moving LOST to Monday nights, b/c ABC could have one hell of a Wednesday night block!

irishjayhawk
10-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Solid show. I'll be tuning in next time.

How come no one told me it had Jim Dale as narrator. That makes the show.

Delano
10-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I agree. The second time I watched it, I picked up on alot of different things, like you mention. It's definitely multi-dimensional.

I'm a day late on this, but I pulled up the fast national ratings (just means it's unofficial) for Wednesday....Pushing Daisies is "roses!"

-----------------------------------------

Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2007

ABC scored a narrow ratings win Wednesday night as critical darling "Pushing Daisies" got off to a pretty good start.

For the night, ABC averaged a 7.7 rating/13 share, just beating CBS, 7.5/12. NBC finished third at 6.5/11. FOX, 4.0/6, came in fourth, and The CW earned a 2.4/4 for fifth.

ABC also led among adults 18-49, scoring a 4.1 rating. CBS, 3.4, took second in the key ad demographic, edging NBC's 3.3. FOX averaged 2.7 and The CW 1.7.

The premiere of "Pushing Daisies" earned an 8.3/14 for ABC at 8 p.m., topping NBC's "Deal or No Deal," 7.1/12. "Kid Nation" put CBS in third. "Back to You," 4.4/7, and "'Til Death," 4.0/6, gave FOX the No. 4 spot, beating the 3.0/5 for "America's Next Top Model" on The CW.

------------------------------------------

Awesome. :clap: So far, so good. I might be wrong, but I think that might be the first NEW show to lead in the ratings. Chuck was solid but was still second or third when it premiered, I remember. Not only did PD give ABC the win for Wed night, but also the 18-49 adult demo. And it beat Deal or No Deal easily. Nice. ABC execs have got to happy! Too bad there's talk of moving LOST to Monday nights, b/c ABC could have one hell of a Wednesday night block!

I thought Bionic Woman was going to dominate Wednesday ratings. ABC will **** this show up by moving it into a rough time slot like Monday or Thursday night only to see the Daisies die.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Looks like ABC wants to try and right a wrong by bringing back "Cupid" with its original creator. Sadly, Piven wont be involved...WTF???

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117973234.html?categoryid=1238&cs=1&p=0

DFB
10-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Looks like ABC wants to try and right a wrong by bringing back "Cupid" with its original creator. Sadly, Piven wont be involved...WTF???

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117973234.html?categoryid=1238&cs=1&p=0

Wow, 9 years later. No Piven, that's weird.

DFB
10-05-2007, 12:50 PM
If you missed the first episode Wednesday, and haven't downloaded it yet, ABC is airing an encore of it tonight. 8e/7c

You can also watch it online at ABC.com

FYI

KcMizzou
10-05-2007, 05:58 PM

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117973234.html?categoryid=1238&cs=1&p=0Pfft... what's the point?

Baby Lee
10-06-2007, 05:26 AM
Loved Wonderfalls, loved Dead Like Me. Loved this, though there was a little too much exposition/voiceover. Guess that was required by the complexity of the premise that needed to be set up.

Line of the night; "Bitch, I was in the immediate vicinity!!"

Bwana
10-06-2007, 07:59 AM
I caught it last night and would rate it at average. It wasn't one of those shows that I MUST tune into next week, but it wasn't a total dog steamer either.

irishjayhawk
10-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Loved Wonderfalls, loved Dead Like Me. Loved this, though there was a little too much exposition/voiceover. Guess that was required by the complexity of the premise that needed to be set up.

Line of the night; "Bitch, I was in the immediate vicinity!!"

Definitely the line of the night.

But I hope they don't cut out the voice over. :p Jim Dale is sweet.

Deberg_1990
10-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Its official. Overall, this years new crop of fall shows are duds.

Delano
10-06-2007, 09:36 AM

According to whom?

DFB
10-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Definitely the line of the night.

But I hope they don't cut out the voice over. :p Jim Dale is sweet.

Emerson: Well, who died instead?
Ned: It's sort of a random proximity thing.
Emerson: Bitch, I was in proximity!

ROFL ROFL

Jim Dale will stay. He gives it that fairy-tale edge.

DFB
10-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Duds? Pushing Daisies is definitely not a dud. It waylayed everyone in ratings Wednesday night crushing Deal or No Deal and Kid Nation.

The others-Chuck, Life, Journeyman, Dirty Sexy Money, etc, etc.-I think the jury is still out. IIRC they all did well on premiere night. Whoever drops off in the next few weeks will get booted. I know ABCs Big Shots did poor this week. PD is the only one so far that has me excited.

ABC ran an encore of PD last night vs. an all new Deal or No Deal. If PD wins again..... ROFL

Mr. Laz
10-06-2007, 11:03 AM
dude .... do you have some kind of invested interest in the show?

it's almost like your "selling" something

Ultra Peanut
10-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Holy shit, decent ratings? For a new show I'm interested in? What kind of bizarro world is this?

Also, I'm still refusing to admit to myself that Veronica Mars is over. So I can't watch Reaper. I just can't.

DFB
10-06-2007, 11:08 AM
dude .... do you have some kind of invested interest in the show?

it's almost like your "selling" something

It's just a great show. Completely different than anything on TV. That's exciting.

And if I did...I couldn't tell you. :(

KcMizzou
10-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Holy shit, decent ratings? For a new show I'm interested in? What kind of bizarro world is this?

Also, I'm still refusing to admit to myself that Veronica Mars is over. So I can't watch Reaper. I just can'tReaper's first episode was great, but I thought it fell off a bit with the second. (No Kevin Smith)

Still worth watching, IMO. It's just fun.

Deberg_1990
10-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Duds? Pushing Daisies is definitely not a dud. It waylayed everyone in ratings Wednesday night crushing Deal or No Deal and Kid Nation.

The others-Chuck, Life, Journeyman, Dirty Sexy Money, etc, etc.-I think the jury is still out. IIRC they all did well on premiere night. Whoever drops off in the next few weeks will get booted. I know ABCs Big Shots did poor this week. PD is the only one so far that has me excited.

ABC ran an encore of PD last night vs. an all new Deal or No Deal. If PD wins again..... ROFL

I just meant overall.

There doesnt appear to be any breakout hits like LOST, Heroes, The Shield, Sopranos, ER, Desperate Housewives etc....

Thig Lyfe
10-06-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm halfway through Pushing Daisies, and it's everything it's been made out to be. I'm really impressed. Just about all the other new shows look pretty lame. The Office, 30 Rock and now Pushing Daisies might be the only three I make an effort to watch this season.

DFB
10-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm halfway through Pushing Daisies, and it's everything it's been made out to be. I'm really impressed. Just about all the other new shows look pretty lame. The Office, 30 Rock and now Pushing Daisies might be the only three I make an effort to watch this season.

Yeah, I was expecting a let down before I watched it. Looked and sounded amazing, but just knew ABC would screw it up. But holy cow, it was everything I thought and wanted it to be. Glad you liked it. Remember where you heard about it first. ;)

keg in kc
10-06-2007, 01:42 PM

Also, I'm still refusing to admit to myself that Veronica Mars is over. So I can't watch Reaper. I just can't.Reaper's pretty awesome. Probably my favorite new show so far this season.

I've got Pushing Daisies up to watch tonight, if I have time.

KcMizzou
10-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Reaper's pretty awesome. Probably my favorite new show so far this season.
I loved when Sock smacked that little dog with the car door.

Still makes me chuckle.

keg in kc
10-06-2007, 02:49 PM
The whole show just works, so far. Reminds me of the good ol' days of Buffy, but with I think the potential to be a better show.

irishjayhawk
10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Man, another great episode. (Canada airs it on Tuesdays so downloaded it last night.) Originality continues to impress.

Once again, the situational humor as well as the witty dialogue makes the show.

The only question I have is whether every episode is going to be about another dead person.

DFB
10-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Man, another great episode. (Canada airs it on Tuesdays so downloaded it last night.) Originality continues to impress.

Once again, the situational humor as well as the witty dialogue makes the show.

The only question I have is whether every episode is going to be about another dead person.

Wait, so you've already seen the second episode? :deevee:

Lucky! I can't wait to see it tonight. The premiere killed in the ratings last week, #1, 27 million.

I'm sure every ep will be "a case to solve", with the backstory of Chuck and Ned underlying everything.

HolmeZz
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Love the premise and the story. Can't wait to see where it goes.

DFB
10-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Another great ep

"I have so many questions, my mind wanders..."

"You need to feed it warm milk and a turkey sandwich. And let it curl up in a warm sunny spot and take a nap."

KcMizzou
10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Reaper was good too.

As long as these two shows stick, I'm happy.

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
I liked the first episode - can't wait to download this one!

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
what is Reaper all about?

DFB
10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
I liked the first episode - can't wait to download this one!

It's one of those shows where if you watch it twice, you pick up so much more stuff the second time around. Especially dialogue-wise. Good stuff. :clap:

KcMizzou
10-10-2007, 08:08 PM
what is Reaper all about?Sam Oliver's parents were always easy on him, letting him skate through life as a slacker. On his 21st birthday he found out why. His parents sold his soul to the devil.

Before Sam was born, his father was stricken with a fatal illness. Satan approached Sam's parents with a deal. He would heal his father if they sold him their first born child's soul. On his 21st birthday that child would have to work for him. No matter how much they tried to never have kids, they did. Now Sam must become the new Reaper, collecting escaped souls and returning them back to Hell.

It's kinda like Buffy with better acting and production values.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-10-2007, 08:10 PM
watched it tonight - was as painful as watching herm's offense. Now I can't get that hour back

KcMizzou
10-10-2007, 08:12 PM
watched it tonight - was as painful as watching herm's offense. Now I can't get that hour backI can certainly see how it's not for everybody.

redsurfer11
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Watched it tonight. Show should be cancelled after 4 episodes.

DFB

Which one?

Fruit Ninja
Tried to watch it tonight. I didnt see anything good about it. It just didnt catch me.

KcMizzou
10-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Watched it tonight. Show should be cancelled after 4 episodes.Yeah... make room for another CSI or Law and Order spin-off.

:cuss:

DFB
10-10-2007, 09:40 PM

If you're referring to Pushing Daisies, it won't. It was the #1 show last week for the premiere, 27 million viewers. That's ABC's Wednesday night baby now. Especially since LOST seems to heading toward Monday nights.

KcMizzou
10-10-2007, 09:42 PM
If you're referring to Pushing Daisies, it won't. It was the #1 show last week for the premiere, 27 million viewers. That's ABC's Wednesday night baby now. Especially since LOST seems to heading toward Monday nights.He is... Reaper's on Tuesdays.

Still though... like I said before... I can see how it's not for everyone.

It's different, "quirky".

Guru
10-10-2007, 09:44 PM
If you're referring to Pushing Daisies, it won't. It was the #1 show last week for the premiere, 27 million viewers. That's ABC's Wednesday night baby now. Especially since LOST seems to heading toward Monday nights.
And yet they canceled Invasion and The Nine when they had monster ratings the first couple weeks too.

DFB
10-10-2007, 09:50 PM
And yet they canceled Invasion and The Nine when they had monster ratings the first couple weeks too.

Didn't get into Invasion, but did watch The Nine. Ratings starting declining after the premiere. IIRC, when LOST when on hiatus, The Nine tanked.

Either way, Invasion and The Nine didn't have the MONSTER rating that Pushing Daisies had, an 8.3 with a 14 share. A full point ahead of Deal or No Deal. If it did that again this week, ABC will coddle it.

Guru
10-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Didn't get into Invasion, but did watch The Nine. Ratings starting declining after the premiere. IIRC, when LOST when on hiatus, The Nine tanked.

Either way, Invasion and The Nine didn't have the MONSTER rating that Pushing Daisies had, an 8.3 with a 14 share. A full point ahead of Deal or No Deal. If it did that again this week, ABC will coddle it.

I enjoyed it but I just don't see it carrying that number the entire season. I think everyone is intrigued because it is so original. That newness will wear off though.

DFB
10-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah, perhaps. Show always do well for the premiere. But PD did exceptionally well. We'll see. I hope it sticks. Something different and unique on TV would be good.

irishjayhawk
10-10-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't know if the originality will fade. Today's episode was, well, original as I've ever seen.

KcMizzou
10-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't know if the originality will fade. Today's episode was, well, original as I've ever seen.The Willy Wonka factor was high.

Baby Lee
10-11-2007, 09:16 AM
and Digby considered how much he loved salt...

Mr. Laz
10-11-2007, 09:21 AM
now i know you have some kind of investment in the show

isn't this "spam" of some sort

going around to message boards and pimping a show you're connected with.

not that i really care ...... i'm just sayin'

irishjayhawk
10-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Another great episode. :)

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Yep. A truly great show on ABC? Weird. I thought LOST would be that show, but it hasn't quite held me.

Delano
10-17-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm pissed I have to work tonight, but thankful I recently began DVR service.

I can not wait to see the new episode.

DFB
10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm pissed I have to work tonight, but thankful I recently began DVR service.

I can not wait to see the new episode.

DVR is a lifesaver. You can also watch it on ABC.com, but it takes a day or two for them to post it, I think.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
I just download the episodes off of mininova or demonoid...commercials are cut out and the quality is exceptional...and I don't have to sit at the computer and deal with the 30 second ads every 5 minutes on ABC.com or have to fast forward (albeit not much of a hassle) using DVR...

Sure, it's illegal...but I've watched every episode of The Office now and it took me 3 days to do it rather than 4 years like some of you =)

DFB
10-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Sure, it's illegal...but I've watched every episode of The Office now and it took me 3 days to do it rather than 4 years like some of you =)

ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I hope they never catch me - I have 300+ GB's of TV shows/movies and music all illegally downloaded on my computer.

Delano
10-17-2007, 03:47 PM
My TV > My computer monitor.

But I guess if you are stuck in your bedroom with nothing but a computer, it's okay.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
My TV > My computer monitor.

But I guess if you are stuck in your bedroom with nothing but a computer, it's okay.
I burn everything to a DVD.

Delano
10-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I burn everything to a DVD.

Your process seems much easier than DVR.

Searching for the torrent, downloading it, coversions, burning to a DVD, etc...

DFB
10-17-2007, 03:52 PM

LMAO

Splat420
10-17-2007, 03:54 PM
I loved the show the first week it was just ok week two I'm hoping for a better one tonight.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Conversions? I've stepped into the REAL world and bought a DivX DVD player ;)

Also, DVR has enough room to store JACK SHIT. So I'd have to watch and delete, I have enough storage to keep probably around 300,000 episodes of Pushing Daisies...so I'll cross my fingers they don't stay around for 30,000 seasons...then I'll have to upgrade.

DFB
10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
It went down in the ratings last week. Still good, just not the 8.4 for the premiere. It and Deal or No Deal swapped places week 2. Week 1 PD killed, week 2 DND killed. I can see a heated rivalry building on Wednesday nights.

DFB
10-17-2007, 03:56 PM
so I'll cross my fingers they don't stay around for 30,000 seasons...

Hater.

DFB
10-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I thought tonight's episode was much much better than last week. On par with the premiere. Mainly because it tied into the first week's story. Last week's ep was out of left field. Amateur cops solving a crash test dummy case....what??

Obviously, the death of Chuck's father is going to get drug out, the longer the better.

Oh, and Chi McBride makes the show. :)

Smed1065
10-17-2007, 10:19 PM
It went down in the ratings last week. Still good, just not the 8.4 for the premiere. It and Deal or No Deal swapped places week 2. Week 1 PD killed, week 2 DND killed. I can see a heated rivalry building on Wednesday nights.

I feel DND was boosted because most thought they would give away a million before they stopped adding another million each time.

These are the only two shows I watch regularly on TV. DND stopped adding an extra million each time and only have 1 player per hour lately.

Too many commercials for my liking now.

Guru
10-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I feel DND was boosted because most thought they would give away a million before they stopped adding another million each time.

These are the only two shows I watch regularly on TV. DND stopped adding an extra million each time and only have 1 player per hour lately.

Too many commercials for my liking now.

They need to do away with all of these dumbass game shows.

irishjayhawk
10-17-2007, 11:52 PM
They need to do away with all of these dumbass game shows.

First the reality ones.

Guru
10-18-2007, 12:02 AM
First the reality ones.
Either or. BOTH need to be gone.

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Am I a bad person because I want to see some full body plastic wrap vag pounding?!

Guru
10-18-2007, 03:56 AM
That was a much better episode than last weeks.

DFB
10-18-2007, 04:09 PM
That was a much better episode than last weeks.

Fast overnight ratings:

NBC, Deal or No Deal 7.8/13 share
ABC, Pushing Daisies 6.6/11 share
CBS, Kid Nation 4.7/8 share

Thig Lyfe
10-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Last night's episode was superb. I would grade them so far thusly:
Episode 1: A
Episode 2: B
Episode 3: A-

I really like this show. Also, AdBlock Plus seems to be blocking the ads when I watch it on ABC.com. It's awesome!

DFB
10-18-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree for the most part. I'm still in love with the pilot though. :)

Ep 1 A+
Ep 2 B-
Ep 3 A

irishjayhawk
10-18-2007, 05:32 PM

Ep 1 A+
Ep 2 B-
Ep 3 A

I'd agree with that. Of course, the most originality is in the lowest rated one.

Thig Lyfe
10-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Ep 1 A+
Ep 2 B-
Ep 3 A

As much as I loved the pilot, I'm always hesitant to give an A+. My A was a 99% if 100% is an A+/

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Emerson: Well, who died instead?
Ned: It's sort of a random proximity thing.
Emerson: Bitch, I was in proximity!I'm still repeating this out loud a few times a day.

Baby Lee
10-20-2007, 05:58 AM
Kick, Pooh, kick!!!

Deberg_1990
10-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Pushing Diasies??

Nip/Tuck Season Premiere Oct. 30th!!

irishjayhawk
10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
And this episode is, unfortunately, the worst yet. C by my count.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
not enough Kristen Chenowich to offset the goofy plot .... they lost me.

Click

Thig Lyfe
10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Huh? The next episode hasn't aired yet.

irishjayhawk
10-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Huh? The next episode hasn't aired yet.

Canada.

Thig Lyfe
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Canada.

Wha? They play the episodes in Canada before they play them here? That's not exactly sufficient explanation.

HolmeZz
10-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Wha? They play the episodes in Canada before they play them here? That's not exactly sufficient explanation.

That's actually how it happens. I know Heroes got shown on Sundays for a while up there last season. Usually the stations that air those shows already had something on in the timeslot that they're shown in America.

HolmeZz
10-24-2007, 07:01 PM
That wasn't a terrible ep. The case just wasn't very suspenseful.

Thig Lyfe
10-24-2007, 08:40 PM
When I go to CTV, it tells me that since I'm not in Canada I can't watch it.

How do I get around this?

Short Leash Hootie
10-24-2007, 10:36 PM
This show is starting to bore me =(

elvomito
10-30-2007, 02:33 AM
This show is starting to bore me =(
the novelty of the whole idea has kinda worn off huh?

anyway, here are some topless pics of Chuck, i thought some of you may appreciate boobs
NSFW (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4334035#post4334035)

Ultra Peanut
10-30-2007, 03:41 AM
This show is starting to bore me =(Yeah? Well, **** you pal.

Kick, Pooh, kick!!!Mind over matter makes Pooh unfatter!

Short Leash Hootie
10-31-2007, 01:43 AM
Next episode is up on mininova...

I'll keep watching it because I started watching it, but it doesn't really grip me to my seat...I don't really see where it's going.

Thig Lyfe
10-31-2007, 01:47 AM
Yeah? Well, **** you pal.

Agreed. Funk you, Hootie. This show rocks the casbah.

Short Leash Hootie
11-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Just got around to watching this episode...definite step up this week...I liked it. I'm back on the bandwagon...for now!

Alton deFlat
11-01-2007, 08:02 AM
the novelty of the whole idea has kinda worn off huh?

anyway, here are some topless pics of Chuck

I don't know, I'm kinda stuck on Olive Snook.

http://brouhaha.blogs.com/brouhaha/images/glinda3_3.jpg

Baby Lee
11-01-2007, 08:07 AM

The girl who broke Sorkin's brain.

ROYC75
11-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I caught part of it last night for the 1st time..... didn't take me long to turn it off.

keg in kc
11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Just read it was picked up for a full 22, writer's strike notwithstanding.

Last night's might have been the best yet.

Delano
11-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Just read it was picked up for a full 22, writer's strike notwithstanding.

Last night's might have been the best yet.

Wonderful episode. Great news about another season.

Thanks.

The only way your post could be improved is if you added a link to the video of Kristin Chenowith in her magic cleavage outfit from last week.

keg in kc
11-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Wonderful episode. Great news about another season.Just to clarify, it's not a 2nd season, ABC upped their initial 13-episode pick-up to a full 22-episode order for the first season.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I think the show has been excellent as of late...it helped they showed of Olive's tits for an entire episode a few weeks ago.

Bowser
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM

Yes. Big fan. Love the boobahs.

AZORChiefFan
11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Follow the yellow thick hose.
great show, great writing and so on.

Baby Lee
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes. Big fan. Love the boobahs.
Love Kristen resurging after Sorkin's self-immolation with Studio 60.

keg in kc
10-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Back on tonight, starting in about 5 minutes.

Guru
10-01-2008, 06:51 PM
NIce to have it back.

Ultra Peanut
10-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Maybe Ned can reanimate the corpse of the Cubs' chances in this stupid ****ing game.

Ultra Peanut
10-02-2008, 05:51 AM
I love you, Lil' Gumshoe.

Short Leash Hootie
10-02-2008, 08:01 AM
time to find the torrent!

Delano
10-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Good God Almighty.

I'd eat a shitpie to Snook her.

Short Leash Hootie
10-02-2008, 08:26 AM
don't get me wrong, I would pound the living hell out of her...she's just a little short for my taste =)

Guru
10-02-2008, 01:38 PM
don't get me wrong, I would pound the living hell out of her...she's just a little short for my taste =)

That is a problem why?

oaklandhater
10-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Sad there is talks of this getting canned :(

Tribal Warfare
10-11-2008, 03:12 PM

I just found out that the season premiere was last Wednesday

Guru
10-11-2008, 03:30 PM

Well, two eps in and I am already bored with it. Loved it last year but just not getting into it this year.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:35 PM
I liked the 1st episode...I am downloading the 2nd one as we speak (this season)...It's not marketed very well, that's for sure...and I'm not helping the cause by downloading it via torrent but I could live just as easily without this show so I don't really care, either.

oaklandhater
10-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I liked the 1st episode...I am downloading the 2nd one as we speak (this season)...It's not marketed very well, that's for sure...and I'm not helping the cause by downloading it via torrent but I could live just as easily without this show so I don't really care, either.

Some networks rate there shows by how many ppl torrent them aka NBC did with heroes Season 1.

Delano
10-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Well, two eps in and I am already bored with it. Loved it last year but just not getting into it this year.

I feel the same way with Chuck.

Pushing Daisies is in the top five shows for me.

keg in kc
10-13-2008, 08:06 AM
I wasn't all that into the first episode this season, but I finally caught the second on ABC.com last night, and now I'm back into the show.

Delano
10-17-2008, 02:44 PM
I wish I could find this scene in .gif form or on youtube or something.

Alas, only this picture:

Ultra Peanut
10-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I wasn't all that into the first episode this season, but I finally caught the second on ABC.com last night, and now I'm back into the show.The first episode was a bit explainey, but these past two were really, really great.

Tribal Warfare
10-24-2008, 10:15 PM
http://ll.static.abc.go.com/streaming/move/00090000/static.html?aff=kode&affTo=kode&useexternal=0&channelid=27721&episodeid=147879&partner=hulu&campaign=null&wrapped=1&affFrom=abc&affLost=kode&dmarank=145&dmazip=64728&hostname=www.hulu.com

episode 4