PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hate the Cowboys?

Skip Towne
06-05-2001, 09:45 PM
Actually it is their Owner I dislike' I was a Cowboy fan before he showed up. Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Bob Lilly, Lee Roy Jordan. I could go on and on. Who else hates Jerry Jones?

Rick Stephens
06-05-2001, 10:26 PM
After the way the Dallas Cowboy's treated Tom Landry, Jerry Jones and the rest of the organization can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Warrior5
06-05-2001, 10:30 PM
Yep!

Herzig
06-05-2001, 10:53 PM
Personally, I cant stand Jerry Jones(even though he is a fellow University of Arkansas alumni)...He has no class.

He is running the Cowboys into the ground. I like it because most of the people in my area are either Dallas or KC fans..mostly Dallas though...

Count me in though!!!

Rausch
06-05-2001, 10:57 PM
I hate the 'boys...

Respect the hell out of Emitt and Troy, hate the rest o' them slobs!

:p

aturnis
06-05-2001, 11:22 PM
Nice to see you were driven from a horrible team to join the greatest fans this side of the pacific to cheer on the best team this side of the pacific.

Cowboys suck......Red and Gold til I grow old......and then some.

Rausch
06-05-2001, 11:26 PM
Houston, 93, playoffs....

I remember it like it was yesterday...

Of course, I still have the scars that won't let me forget! :rolleyes:

Bob Dole
06-06-2001, 05:47 AM
Bob Dole was okay with them until the whole "America's Team" thing took hold.

Bob Dole has taken great joy these past few years in walking in the door at work on Monday morning and proclaiming, "How about dem Boyz?" (Would have taken even more joy in it if the Stooges hadn't driven KC into the ground last season.)

If the Chiefs win it's the cake. If the Cowboys lose, it's some tasty icing.

47mack
06-06-2001, 06:40 AM
Jerry Jones has mental problems. IMO, he is the downfall of the organization.

milkman
06-06-2001, 06:55 AM
I'm with Bob Dole on this. That whole "America's Team" just never set well. I live in America, and they ain't my team, dammit.

alanm
06-06-2001, 08:22 AM
I also side with Milkman and Bob. Anyone who proclaims themselves Americas team deserves to go down. :D

BIG_DADDY
06-06-2001, 09:18 AM
BIG DADDY hates:

Cowboys
Raiders
Dodgers
Yankees
Braves
Jerry Jones
Al Davis
Ted Turner

In no particular order.

58Forever
06-06-2001, 09:39 AM
I do , I do....

Sad because I actually like some of the player, Aikman, Smith...Irving can kiss my ***...he's a jerk....and the Jerry can too...he's a rich jerk...

I started hating them because they were all everyone talked about..."America's Team"...**** that...they weren't my team...:mad:

Lightning Rod
06-06-2001, 09:48 AM
Brad-

My x-wife went into premature labor ( see false) in the middle of that game. I had a house full of beer drinkin buddies I had to leave. The nurses thought I was a bit of a jerk turning on the game but what's a guy to do? Good news is that I lived about 3 minutes from the hospital bad news is that I had to see Cash spike the ball in buddies face in a replay.

Phobia
06-06-2001, 09:51 AM
When I was an ignorant child, I liked them because I had more Cowboy cards than any other team and I really liked their colors.

When I got older and wiser (and actually followed football), I fell in love w/ the Chiefs. Then Jerry **** all over Landry and that sealed the deal. I HATE the 'boys.

Mark M
06-06-2001, 10:38 AM
"Hate" doesn't even begin to describe my feelings for the Cowgirls. The reason they have that hole in the roof is so that someday, when the world is a better place and reson reigns supreme, they will use it to fill the stadium full of sh!t ... and Jerry Jones will be foundation on which is rests.

I did respect the hell out of Landry, however. Helluva coach.

MM
~~Likes only one team ... the rest can go 0-16 as far as he's concerned.

Skip Towne
06-06-2001, 11:14 AM
Big Daddy, you read my mind with your list. It wasn't the Cowboys who fired Landry it was JONES, the dumbest owner i football. They also have the dumbest GM in football. Who was it who called Jones & Jimmy Johnson "Dumb & Dumber"?

TEX
06-06-2001, 01:26 PM
I have always HATED the Cowboys. Growing up in Texas, that's not real easy to do but I managed! Tell any die hard Cowboy fan that the Cowboys were Texas" 3RD PRO FOOTBALL TEAM and they'll go postal and argue until they turn blue, but it's the truth.

1. Dallas TEXANS
2. Houston Oilers
3. Dallas Cowboys

TEX
06-06-2001, 01:27 PM
Cowboy fans are almost as arrogant as Donx fans...

keg in kc
06-06-2001, 01:39 PM
Jerry Jones I hate, but I was a Cowboy fan a long time before I moved to the midwest and became a Chiefs fan.

I was actually a reactionary Cowboy fan. Everyone where I grew up was a Redskin fan, and I hated the Redskins (and still do...). So, what did I do? I rooted for Dallas...

keg in kc
06-06-2001, 01:42 PM
Nah, TX, it's the 49er fans who became Cowboy fans who became Donko fans who are now Lamb fans that are arrogant

Skip Towne
06-06-2001, 04:12 PM
Did you say arrogant or ignorant? OK, then it's both. Who has Dallas' 1st round draft choice next year? It would be a good investment. The 'boys are gonna get SMOKED this season. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

Skip Towne
06-06-2001, 04:18 PM
Did you say arrogant or ignorant? OK, then it's both. Who has Dallas' 1st round draft choice next year? It would be a good investment. The 'boys are gonna get SMOKED this season. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

Bob Dole
06-06-2001, 04:36 PM
Yeah...Bob Dole loves the hole-in-the-roof explanation. "So God can look down upon his team." Right.

Every time Bob Dole hears that crap (which is pretty regularly down here), Bob Dole informs the person that it's only there because the fairweather, wine-and-cheese Cowboy fans are afraid the rain will ruin the crease in the khakis and button down oxfords.

The Cowboy fans are the <b>only</b> fans that show up at the local sports bar on Sunday looking like they're headed for dinner at the country club...and are typically the only people that leave before games are over.

Skip Towne
06-06-2001, 06:39 PM
Hey, Bob Dole you got it wrong. You can tell a Cowboy's fan cause they are the ones wearing the new bib overalls.

Phobia
06-06-2001, 06:46 PM
Skip -

That's what Dole said....

We ARE talking about Texarkana here. You wear NEW bibs to the country club and OLD bibs to the sportsbar.... :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

milkman
06-06-2001, 06:50 PM
They're the ones with all the cuts and bruises from jumping off the bandwagon.

Phobia
06-06-2001, 06:53 PM
Cowboys fans are the ones sporting never before seen Rams & Ravens jerseys.

Mi_chief_fan
06-06-2001, 07:28 PM
1. Donx
2. Dolphins
3. Cowboys
4. Raiders
5. Bears

I despise all 5, but some a little more than others.

Skip Towne
06-06-2001, 08:04 PM
Hey,thanks Phobia for enlightening me on the finer points of dress protocol. I wasn't aware that the age of the bibs was significant. Please keep me informed of any new fashion trends!!!