PDA

View Full Version : So whats your favorite Guy Movie?

Deberg_1990
10-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Ive come to the conclusion that "Heat" is my favorite mans man movie. What an awesume flick. Never gets old for me.

Whats yours?

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Pulp Fiction
My newest fav is Death Proof.

KcMizzou
10-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Hairspray

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2007, 03:16 PM
HairsprayFollowed closly by Dream Girls?
:)

irishjayhawk
10-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Pulp Fiction

I think Pulp Fiction is overrated.

I'll have to go with Boondock Saints.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Tango & Cash hahahaha

Deberg_1990
10-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Pulp Fiction

Im a huge Tarantino fan, but i found Death Proof a chore to sit though. Kurt Russell was awesume and the car chase was cool at the end. Everything else.....blah...

runnercyclist
10-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Fight Club
Brian's Song
Animal House
Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack
...all tied for fav

Rain Man
10-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Is Ferris Bueller's Day Off a guy movie? If not, then either Pulp Fiction or Yellowbeard.

HonestChieffan
10-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Patton
Bullit
Blazing Saddles

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I think Pulp Fiction is overrated.
I'm sorry, but you are gonna have to surrender your man card...
:)

Bowser
10-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Good God this has been done to death. And there are way too many to mention.

luv
10-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Hairspray
Seeing JT in drag really does it for you, huh?

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Im a huge Tarantino fan, but i found Death Proof a chore to sit though. Kurt Russell was awesume and the car chase was cool at the end. Everything else.....blah...
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/72/37/62/10f.jpg Her in that cheerleader outfit made it easier to sit through...

Deberg_1990
10-06-2007, 03:32 PM
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/72/37/62/10f.jpg Her in that cheerleader outfit made it easier to sit through...

A red X box??

Personally, i need to rent the DVD so i can see the hot lap dance. That chick was fave out of all of them.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2007, 03:35 PM
A red X box??

Personally, i need to rent the DVD so i can see the hot lap dance. That chick was fave out of all of them.WTF? My pic disappeared.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2007, 03:36 PM
That chick was fave out of all of them.Butterface.

Fruit Ninja
10-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Die hard 3
Ferris Beuller
Old School
Road Trip
Scarface
Braveheart
Menace 2 Society

jjchieffan
10-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Godfather trilogy. How about Oceans Eleven. I also like some oldies. The Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, and Cool Hand Luke.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
The Godfather trilogy. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz....

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Godfather is mine. I can watch it any time.

Runners up: Heat; Ronin; Payback; Carlito's Way

Guilty Pleasures: Dick Tracy; Con Air; Any Given Sunday; Demolition Man.

Frazod
10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
The Long Riders.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Godfather is mine. I can watch it any time.

Runners up: Heat; Ronin; Payback; Carlito's Way

Guilty Pleasures: Dick Tracy; Con Air; Any Given Sunday; Demolition Man.

Adding...

Foreign: Run Lola, Run; Samurai I, II & III; The Seven Samurai; Metropolis; 8 1/2; Diabolique.

Adept Havelock
10-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Paul Newman, George C. Scott, Piper Laurie: The Hustler.

Runner-ups: The Godfather Trilogy, Unforgiven, Cross of Iron (Sam Peckinpah's only war flick), Shawshank Redemption.

Diabolique.

The original?

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Runner-ups: The Godfather Trilogy, Unforgiven, Cross of Iron (Sam Peckinpah's only war flick), Shawshank Redemption.

The Huster... fantastic. I will take issue, however, that you name Newman, Scott, and Laurie, but leave out the catalyst to the entire film.

"Fat man, you shoot a great game of pool."

"So do you, Fast Eddie."

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:06 PM

The original?
Of course.

Adept Havelock
10-06-2007, 04:14 PM
The Huster... fantastic. I will take issue, however, that you name Newman, Scott, and Laurie, but leave out the catalyst to the entire film.

"Fat man, you shoot a great game of pool."

"So do you, Fast Eddie."

Agreed. :banghead:

A little to much J.T.S. Brown, I suppose. Classic Greek tragedy, set in a poolroom. What a flick.

Allow me to atone:

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Agreed. :banghead:

A little to much J.T.S. Brown, I suppose.

Allow me to atone:

I submit this in place... :D

Gotta give the love to Jackie Gleason, all by himself.

http://www.newdeco.com/billiards/photos/Photo4.jpg

Adept Havelock
10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
I submit this in place... :D

Gotta give the love to Jackie Gleason, all by himself.

http://www.newdeco.com/billiards/photos/Photo4.jpg

Very nice. I saw an interview a while back. Apparently he pretty much grew up in pool halls.

Newman had to practice for weeks before shooting the film, and he was fairly accomplished at pool IIRC. Jackie just walked in, picked up a cue, and went to work.

Damn pity a chunk of the world only knows him as Sherrif Buford T. Justice. Ralph who? :banghead:

Well, time to take out the DVD and pop it in the player. :D

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Very nice. I saw an interview a while back. Apparently he pretty much grew up in pool halls.

Newman had to practice for weeks before shooting the film, and he was fairly accomplished at pool IIRC. Jackie just walked in, picked up a cue, and went to work.

Damn pity a chunk of the world only knows him as Sherrif Buford T. Justice. Ralph who? :banghead:

Well, time to take out the DVD and pop it in the player. :D
That is a shame. I may watch that when I get off work tonight. Great film.

But I've seen that interview, as well. Although, I remember that Newman was a bit of a natural. Also, Tom Cruise was a natural when he started learning for The Color of Money.

In the same vein, Michael J. Fox did his own skateboarding in Back to the Future.

Extra Point
10-06-2007, 04:29 PM
1) Unforgiven
2) Midway
3) The Valachi Papers

ChiefsFan4Life
10-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Easily 300 for me

http://www.aolcdn.com/aimpgs_horror_acd/300-movie-400a0309.jpg

grandllama
10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Easily 300 for me

http://www.aolcdn.com/aimpgs_horror_acd/300-movie-400a0309.jpg

um, 300 is just a tad to gay to be a guy movie.

farking n00bs

ROFL

DenverChief
10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Red Dawn
Heat
Troy

Deberg_1990
10-06-2007, 04:31 PM
No love for Top Gun??

grandllama
10-06-2007, 04:32 PM
In the same vein, Michael J. Fox did his own skateboarding in Back to the Future.

I heard he did his own van surfing prior to Teen Wolf too...

ChiefsFan4Life
um, 300 is just a tad to gay to be a guy movie.

farking n00bs

ROFL

It's cool if you're a homophobe

I'll make sure to watch out for the tapping from you if I am ever in a stall next to you

Fried Meat Ball!
Troy
:Lin:

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:33 PM
No love for Top Gun??
That's RIGHT! No love... Ice... Man...

http://www.lazydork.com/movies/topgun.jpg

grandllama
10-06-2007, 04:33 PM
It's cool if you're a homophobe

I'll make sure to watch out for the tapping from you if I am ever in a stall next to you

no biggie, I've been having a running week long conversation with a chick I know about the homoerotic overtones of the movie.

had to chip in, even though this board has no farking clue about the conversations.

grandllama
10-06-2007, 04:34 PM
No love for Top Gun??

top gun is a chick flick disguised as a guy flick

SBK
10-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Braveheart, Desperado, Saving Private Ryan and old WW2 movies like Tora Tora Tora.

DenverChief
10-06-2007, 04:36 PM
:Lin:

what is wrong with Troy? that had some awesome battle scenes

DenverChief
10-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Braveheart, Desperado, Saving Private Ryan and old WW2 movies like Tora Tora Tora.

DOH! how could I forget Saving Private Ryan?

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:39 PM
what is wrong with Troy? that had some awesome battle scenes
There's a lot wrong with Troy. Granted, not as bas as Alexander, but Troy was awful. I was paid to see it when I was a film reviewer... if I could have had my time back, I would have GLADLY given the money back.

The only good things about Troy were Peter O'Toole and Brian Cox. Sadly, both were under-utilized.

grandllama
10-06-2007, 04:44 PM
There's a lot wrong with Troy. Granted, not as bas as Alexander, but Troy was awful. I was paid to see it when I was a film reviewer... if I could have had my time back, I would have GLADLY given the money back.

The only good things about Troy were Peter O'Toole and Brian Cox. Sadly, both were under-utilized.

I don't buy that. You never worked as a film reviewer in Warrensburg, you went and saw it at the crappy old walmart like the rest of us...

or was that after you moved ;-)

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I don't buy that. You never worked as a film reviewer in Warrensburg, you went and saw it at the crappy old walmart like the rest of us...

or was that after you moved ;-)
I reviewed for the local rag for six years before I moved.

Alas, I'm no longer a reviewer and don't get previews anymore... that quite literally is the ONLY thing I miss about working for that paper.

grandllama
10-06-2007, 04:48 PM
I reviewed for the local rag for six years before I moved.

Alas, I'm no longer a reviewer and don't get previews anymore... that quite literally is the ONLY thing I miss about working for that paper.

I did not know Star Journal ever had reviews. Or did you do it for the Free Press (the only rag worth a shit ever in da'Burg)

cdcox
10-06-2007, 04:48 PM
So evidently, good movie = guy movie.

grandllama
10-06-2007, 04:49 PM
ok, to answer the original question.

Heartbreak Ridge

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I did not know Star Journal ever had reviews. Or did you do it for the Free Press (the only rag worth a shit ever in da'Burg)
Star-Journal. Most Friday editions until I left nearly 2 years ago.

EDIT: Actually, I hadn't reviewed for about 6 months before I left... I got a "promotion" to be the sports editor.

The Free Press was garbage, if you ask me.

I worked for a while trying to freelance with DigitalBurg before it went under (which is now run by students at UCM), but the publisher never had enough money to pay me.

Kclee
10-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Is Ferris Bueller's Day Off a guy movie? If not, then either Pulp Fiction or Yellowbeard.

Yellowbeard. Nice!

grandllama
10-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Star-Journal. Most Friday editions until I left nearly 2 years ago.

EDIT: Actually, I hadn't reviewed for about 6 months before I left... I got a "promotion" to be the sports editor.

The Free Press was garbage, if you ask me.

I worked for a while trying to freelance with DigitalBurg before it went under (which is now run by students at UCM), but the publisher never had enough money to pay me.

I didn't know digital burg was back up and running (UCM kids or not) I'll have to book mark it.

I had several friends at Star Journal that could not stand the old lady that ran the place and the fact she refused to do anything to modernize the paper.

The biggest issue with the Free Press was that Matt had to rely on free labor and he didn't have enough time being the editor in Lees Summit and all. His paper could have easily buried the Star Journal if he would have actually made any money to support himself and his family.

I remember when you left. At the time you and I were the only ones on the board who claimed to still be living in that shithole. Now we've both moved on :-)

Deberg_1990
10-06-2007, 05:08 PM

I liked Troy. Except for that homo Orlando Bloom

Adept Havelock
10-06-2007, 05:11 PM
1) Unforgiven
2) Midway
3) The Valachi Papers

Midway is another favorite, as is SBK's mention of the great Tora Tora Tora.

I think I'd also have to throw "A Bridge Too Far" out there.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 05:14 PM
The biggest issue with the Free Press was that Matt had to rely on free labor and he didn't have enough time being the editor in Lees Summit and all. His paper could have easily buried the Star Journal if he would have actually made any money to support himself and his family.

Well... not to argue, but "woulda coulda shoulda"... if he wasn't making any money running the free press, there was a reason.

Yeah, DSJ had a ton of problems and the publisher is a major part of it... I argued the entire six years I was there that they needed a website and they STILL don't have one... tons of problems, yeah.

Wouldn't have buried DSJ. No way. You have a traditional press vs. alternative press. While the alt. press would have carved out a nice little niche, it would never have buried the Star Journal. Especially since most of the writing was garbage.

But the publisher... yeah, she has more money than God.

JMO. :thumb:

grandllama
10-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Well... not to argue, but "woulda coulda shoulda"... if he wasn't making any money running the free press, there was a reason.

Yeah, DSJ had a ton of problems and the publisher is a major part of it... I argued the entire six years I was there that they needed a website and they STILL don't have one... tons of problems, yeah.

Wouldn't have buried DSJ. No way. You have a traditional press vs. alternative press. While the alt. press would have carved out a nice little niche, it would never have buried the Star Journal. Especially since most of the writing was garbage.

But the publisher... yeah, she has more money than God.

JMO. :thumb:

I just realized that I still have a serious issue typing UCM... I've got two degrees on my wall that say CMSU.

After reading this last post, I stepped back and remembered who reads the paper in 'da Burg and you're right, Matt would have never usurped the DSJ.

It was us alternative college types that read the FP every week. I will tell you that as a DJ at Fitters and as the manager at Doc's my ad money went a hell of a lot farther in the FP :D

It all boils down to that town being a strange read / demo

and it doesn't really matter, neither of us are there anymore anyway :D

big nasty kcnut
10-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Unforgiven beerfest highlander

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I just realized that I still have a serious issue typing UCM... I've got two degrees on my wall that say CMSU.

After reading this last post, I stepped back and remembered who reads the paper in 'da Burg and you're right, Matt would have never usurped the DSJ.

It was us alternative college types that read the FP every week. I will tell you that as a DJ at Fitters and as the manager at Doc's my ad money went a hell of a lot farther in the FP :D

It all boils down to that town being a strange read / demo

and it doesn't really matter, neither of us are there anymore anyway :D
If you were DJ at Fitters and had interest in Doc's, yeah you're money would be MUCH better spent in the FP. But the people that buy at Farm & Home and Parkers and Bi-Lo read DSJ.

I have a difficult typing UCM, too. I have to think about it. My degree (not to mention hundreds of articles written over the years) have me trained to type CMSU.

Where did you end up? I for one am THRILLED to be out of The Burg.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Unforgiven beerfest highlander
That sounds like a TERRIBLE movie.

There can be only one beer-drinking, whore avenger.

Groves
10-06-2007, 06:24 PM
The Outdoorsmen: Blood, Sweat, and Beers

http://imdb.com/title/tt0455670/

Just go and rent it. Do it.

scott free
10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Theres just too many to list, most of my faves are guy movies..with "Bridges of Madison County" being the exception.

But for most recent, its GOTTA be "300".

Any Eastwood western, Goodfellas, Gladiator, Outsiders...the list is huge.

Deberg_1990
10-06-2007, 06:49 PM
with "Bridges of Madison County" being the exception.

OK, turn in you Man Card now please...

Smed1065
10-06-2007, 06:52 PM
The Usual Suspects.

scott free
10-06-2007, 07:00 PM
OK, turn in you Man Card now please...

Heh...i cant help it, i fell in love with Meryl (sp?) Streeps character & found real beauty in an actress i had never seen that way before.

Just the whole story grabbed me, overwhelming love that was never meant to be, sacrificing it for the sake of family etc.

Well ok...here it is... :sulk: