PDA

View Full Version : Tim McVeigh extension Denied

Rick Stephens
06-06-2001, 11:31 AM
But there is an appeal being filed with the 10th Circuit Court. But does not look good for him now.

keg in kc
06-06-2001, 11:38 AM
No big surprise...

BIG_DADDY
06-06-2001, 11:39 AM
Everyone else is off the hook now. The government can convenienly sweep it under the carpet. You knew that is what was going to happen.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2001, 12:28 PM
This is really upsetting; The government can let ANYONE be convicted without providing full disclosure. SCARRY

Bwana
06-06-2001, 12:45 PM
Once again, the FBI at it's finest..........

TEX
06-06-2001, 12:57 PM
Does this mean that the Radiers won't be able to sign him?

aturnis
06-06-2001, 01:19 PM
Let the man fry, he deserves it and shouldn't be able to repeatedly postpone his death, if he really wanted to take this all to court and appeal it, he would have done it right away, not now when it will conveniently let him live to see another day...

keg in kc
06-06-2001, 01:21 PM
Go read Big Daddy's thread entitled "Oklahoma City Bombing" and you'll see some explanation of why some of us don't what McVeigh executed yet.

(Note the word "yet")

DanT
06-06-2001, 01:25 PM
Given the fact that he committed a treacherous act against my country's government, I feel like the bastard got reasonably good service from them. I trust that they will strive to provide responsive service to the sonuvabitch up to the point that he is no longer a customer.

KCWolfman
06-06-2001, 10:01 PM
I am tired of conspiracy theory this and that.

For example - Last winter an elderly woman had come out to her car to find her car doors frozen shut. She opened the trunk and was going to attempt to crawl through the backseat. The trunk slammed shut due to the weight of the ice on it. She was stuck in the trunk for several hours until a fellow employee heard her and got her out.

If she had died in that trunk, the KC news would have been inundated with all kinds of murder reasons, possibilities, and probable causes as to her vicious untimely end.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck and nothing more.

stevieray
06-06-2001, 10:30 PM
Cool mill to defend him. Your tax dollars hard at work.

One million dollars...

HC_Chief
06-06-2001, 10:35 PM
That's one of the great things about this country, stevieray - <i>everyone</i> is afforded the best available representation. In a big time case like this, attorneys were lined up around the block - ambition is a strong impulse.

keg in kc
06-07-2001, 09:07 AM
I have a hard time denigrating this as a "conspiracy theory" when there's substantial amounts of evidence indicating that there really is something odd going on. Go read the other thread if you care enough to actually see what some of the backbone behind the "conspiracy theory" on this is, because I'm not going to take the time to type it up again. With the great amount of eyewitness evidence, scientific evidence, videotaped evidence, etc. that's out there, if you want to laugh it off that's fine, but I'm not the kind of person to ignore it all and look the other way to try to convince myself that everything is just the way it should be in my happy little world.

Another cliche that fits is "where there's smoke..."

BIG_DADDY
06-07-2001, 09:42 AM
Ashcroft states that there is no good reason to delay the execution.

TMs attorneys said a stay should be granted in order to present evidence of what they said was information that other people were involved in the bombing conspiracy and that federal officials knew about the plot beforehand.

I guess we really wouldn't want to know about that :rolleyes:

BIG_DADDY
06-07-2001, 09:44 AM
I mean, I am sure the Govenment will do the right thing. :rolleyes:

BIG DADDY

Yea, cover everything up.

bkkcoh
06-07-2001, 09:45 AM
Big Daddy,

Do you really think that TM and the other guy were the only people involved?? If that is the case do you really want to know who else they suspected??;) ;)

Do we really want to know what the government is involved in or knows about some of the topics that are headlines in the news???:rolleyes:

BIG_DADDY
06-07-2001, 01:10 PM
bkkcoh,

I think that many people just want to wash their hands of the whole thing as the bombing is such an unpleasent thought. I also think it is hard for people to look at our government, which is supposed to protect us, in this type of light. It's discouraging to see intelligent people ( like wolfman) just want to walk away, when they could easily do the groundwork and see that there is something there.

Keg,

I sure don't agree with you on many things but it is refreshing to see you so determined to look for the truth. You seem to have a real good sence for how certain things should be addressed as well. Keep it up.:D

keg in kc
06-07-2001, 01:50 PM
Well, Big Daddy, different life experiences can give you different views on things, so it's not hard to believe that people can disagree about some things but agree on others... ;)

Besides, I'm pretty conservative except for those times where I feel the government is creating laws which enter the bounds of morality and religion, which, however, happen to be the sorts of subjects people like to talk the most about.

And "truth" is always the most important thing to me, although sometimes the hardest thing to find, especially with the globalization and technological advances of the media. Fighting for truth is what "fighting the good fight" means to me...

Rick Stephens
06-07-2001, 04:34 PM
A judge just denied McVeighs appeal to the 10 Circuit Court. This leaves only the Supreme Court to grant him an extension.

DanT
06-07-2001, 04:45 PM
It looks like the murderer has less than 100 hours to go.

stevieray
06-07-2001, 04:51 PM
And he'd damn well better be. :mad:

keg in kc
06-07-2001, 04:51 PM
Too bad the other murderers will completely escape justice.

DanT
06-07-2001, 06:21 PM
Too bad whatever other murderers there are--if any--haven't been exposed by the neardead one.

keg in kc
06-07-2001, 06:31 PM
Too bad nobody took the time to look into who did it following the '97 conviction of the murderer, despite the large amount of evidence available at the time that indicated the murderer did not act alone.

Too bad the FBI "accidentally" "lost" more than 4000 papers until a few weeks ago, making this look even more like a "conspiracy".

Too bad the "truth" will never be known because the government is apparently unable to act in a straightforward and honest manner in a matter of this magnitude.

Too bad the "truth" will never be known because people are so bloodthirsty that they're content with killing the murderer, regardless of whether other murderers - if any - were involved.

keg in kc
06-07-2001, 06:33 PM
Too bad people care more about "vengeance" than they do about "truth".

Clint in Wichita
06-07-2001, 06:54 PM
Even if there are others involved, whacking this scumabg is good enough, IMO.

Personally, I'd dress him in a Raiders uniform, use salad tongs to pack his bung with C-4, and detonate his sorry arse in a transparent, blast-proof chamber during half time of the Chiefs home opener!!!!!

DanT
06-07-2001, 06:55 PM
Kyle,
Too bad for your argument that they aren't alternatives. McVeigh has had over 4 years to communicate the truth. The idea that the Government knows more about his trechery against the nation than he himself does is fanciful, in my estimation.

keg in kc
06-07-2001, 07:01 PM
DanT,

Too bad that after about twenty posts this week you still don't understand what I'm saying.

Too bad you're so gullible.

Skip Towne
06-07-2001, 07:07 PM
I don't have the imagination that Clint has. But I would like to use my eloquence & brilliant command of the language: Fry him!!!

DanT
06-07-2001, 07:14 PM
Kyle,

I think I understand what you're saying. You're saying that there was a conspiracy; that the government knew about the conspiracy; that the government would rather kill McVeigh than keep him alive; that the world is better off with McVeigh alive because it will help us get to the bottom of the conspiracy and that Americans would be better off with McVeigh being alive because it will help us learn about flaws in our law enforcement establishment.

What else are you saying?

Oh yeah, that McVeigh's execution will terminate all meaningful investigative activity regarding this crime. :confused:

Anyway, I believe that McVeigh has had plenty of time to reveal whatever it is that he wanted to reveal, that he committed one of the few types of crimes for which I feel a death penalty is warranted and that said sentence should be swiftly imposed. It's been 6 years, now...

I'm not sure which of my beliefs you think was arrived at because of gullibility. I'm confident I can defend the factual basis for all of them.