PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Bill Callahan

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Virginia Tech travels to Lincoln next season without Eddie Royal, Vince Hall and Xavier Adibi because they're seniors. Branden Ore and Sean Glennon are juniors.

Skip Towne
10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Scout.com, whoever they are, sent me an email today with the top 300 recruits on it. N00braska didn't show up until # 48. Hahahaha. How are they getting all of these 5 star recruits and where are the ones Alan has been bragging about for three years?

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Maybe, the staff hasn't even been fired yet.

DJ Woods is gone FYI, I hope you and the Callahan haters enjoy the free fall.

It'll be worse if he stays. I don't want a head coach and defensive coordinator who don't care and have lost the players. This is about more than one recruiting class.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Scout.com, whoever they are, sent me an email today with the top 300 recruits on it. N00braska didn't show up until # 48. Hahahaha. How are they getting all of these 5 star recruits and where are the ones Alan has been bragging about for three years?

Callahan doesn't use them correctly

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 08:51 PM

It's because you use scout.com for football...

Figure it out

Scout.com =basketball
Rivals = football

Surprised a KU doesn't know that.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 08:53 PM
It'll be worse if he stays. I don't want a head coach and defensive coordinator who don't care and have lost the players. This is about more than one recruiting class.

How do you "lose' the players? You don't think losing 5 of your defensive front 7, your starting RB to the NFL and your all time leading passer doesn't have an effect on the season?

Yeah, Potter and Turner are just as talented as Moore and Carriker

Ruud is a mirror image of Bradley

Comon

Skip Towne
10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh, also, I wonder why K-State fans are so interested in NU. It's like they think they are still in the running. They need to worry more about KU and MU. Welcome back to the bottom of the league, KSU. I told you so and you're still playing with half a team of Snyder players. Why do you KSU fans worry about Nebraska?

Saulbadguy
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh, also, I wonder why K-State fans are so interested in NU. It's like they think they are still in the running. They need to worry more about KU and MU. Welcome back to the bottom of the league, KSU. I told you so and you're still playing with half a team of Snyder players. Why do you KSU fans worry about Nebraska?
ROFL

Welcome to college football, Skip. Glad you could join us. It will be funny when you disappear when KU starts losing.

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Maybe, the staff hasn't even been fired yet.

DJ Woods is gone FYI, I hope you and the Callahan haters enjoy the free fall.
lol. Like we're not already in a free fall. Did someone from bigredboard.com send you here?

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:07 PM
How do you "lose' the players? You don't think losing 5 of your defensive front 7, your starting RB to the NFL and your all time leading passer doesn't have an effect on the season?

Yeah, Potter and Turner are just as talented as Moore and Carriker

Ruud is a mirror image of Bradley

Comon

You can't be serious. Have you even been watching. Callahan had a frown on his face when he walked out of the tunnel last week. The players jogged out, with 85,000 people cheering for them, acting like they didn't want to be there. The players looked scared. There's no trust. There was no fire and intensity. The coaches didn't make an adjustment when A&M kept running the same play. Callahan keeps running the same dink and dunk that doesn't work. and he won't simplify the offense. Sam Keller shouldn't be anywhere near this mediocre. He has much more talent than Zac Taylor.

Graduation doesn't explain how bad the team is. Our front seven shouldn't be anywhere near this bad. Those freaking three-man fronts were an awful idea, and they keep going with it. We might as well not have a defensive line. McGee ran through them last weekend. The linebackers were supposed to be the team's strength, and they're non-existent. Somebody should tell them to stay home and not over-pursue for crying out loud.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:07 PM
lol. Like we're not already in a free fall. Did someone from bigredboard.com send you here?

Nope, I found this place on the Chiefs ESPN board...

I didn't realize we'd have a bunch of 1620, RSS people over here.

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 09:09 PM

I have no idea what RSS is.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM

I've been banned from bigredboard.com twice. You can ask anybody; I was a huge Callahan supporter. There's no way he can return next season.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I have no idea what RSS is.

The Red Sea Scrolls on Rivals, I've been a member for 5 years until I saw the assinine display of rumors and impatience. I felt like a Notre Dame fan, and after hearing how the fans have treated everyone I feel like a Colorado fan.

I've been a Nebraska fan since 1983, as a kid living in Kearny, Nebraska. I don't know how old you are but I can assure you that getting my heart tore out year after year in the 80's by OU and the Florida schools feels alot worse than this.

I'm certainly going to give a guy more than 3 1/2 years to clean up the mess Solich created, considering he has to revamp the entire offense while doing it.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm certainly going to give a guy more than 3 1/2 years to clean up the mess Solich created, considering he has to revamp the entire offense while doing it.

That's what I said before all these embarrassing losses. Callahan has taken us several steps backwards. I'd love to reach the national championship game and get whipped by Florida State right now. Those teams had pride.

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
The Red Sea Scrolls on Rivals, I've been a member for 5 years until I saw the assinine display of rumors and impatience. I felt like a Notre Dame fan, and after hearing how the fans have treated everyone I feel like a Colorado fan.

I've been a Nebraska fan since 1983, as a kid living in Kearny, Nebraska. I don't know how old you are but I can assure you that getting my heart tore out year after year in the 80's by OU and the Florida schools feels alot worse than this.

Solich created a mess? ROFL You mean the guy who won 75% of his games, won a conference title, never lost to Texas Tech, Kansas or Southern Miss, had wins over Texas and OU, and appeared in a Nat'l title game? You sound like you're fresh out of BRB with statements like that. Then again, those sheep rarely leave their flock for fear that someone will tell them they're wrong.

leviw
10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
FYP

: pray :

Haha...

Well, yeah...

...might as well plug Bryce in at RB.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Solich created a mess? ROFL You mean the guy who won 75% of his games, won a conference title, never lost to Texas Tech, Kansas or Southern Miss, had wins over Texas and OU, and appeared in a Nat'l title game? You sound like you're fresh out of BRB with statements like that. Then again, those sheep rarely leave their flock for fear that someone will tell them they're wrong.

Yes, the Solich that got destroyed by CU, followed it up by a 7-7 season and then had a 10 and 3 blowout year.

Could you not see the decline once Osborne left and his recruits funneled out? The recruits that beat OU and Texas?

You wouldn't believe the recruits like Frank Gore Solich turned down.

But then again, I bet like the rest, you barely skim the surface of Nebraska football.

Maybe got your first jersey in 95?

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, yeah...

...might as well plug Bryce in at RB.

I heard that he had about 300 yards on 10 carries in a game earlier this season. He supposedly has a chance to be the top ranked recruit in the country next season. I've heard that OU could get both of them.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
That's what I said before all these embarrassing losses. Callahan has taken us several steps backwards. I'd love to reach the national championship game and get whipped by Florida State right now. Those teams had pride.

We were just in the Big 12 title game last year for the first time in 7 years. Then we lost a bunch of key posistion players from last year.

Have you noticed the non existent pass rush?

I'm sure that's because cosgrove decided to change his skim this summer and not because we lost a bunch of talent.

How have we gone backwards?

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes, the Solich that got destroyed by CU, followed it up by a 7-7 season and then had a 10 and 3 blowout year.

Could you not see the decline once Osborne left and his recruits funneled out? The recruits that beat OU and Texas?

But then again, I bet like the rest, you barely skim the surface of Nebraska football.

I'd take that instead of Callahan. Believe me, I've said the same things you're saying. The players don't mesh with Callahan's personality. We can't wait three years for a QB to learn the WCO. The man has even stopped recruiting.

leviw
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I heard that he had about 300 yards on 10 carries in a game earlier this season. He supposedly has a chance to be the top ranked recruit in the country next season. I've heard that OU could get both of them.

He had 312 on seven carries and five touchdowns (a sixth on a reception) in a game this year.

He broke his own league rushing record tonight and finished with more than 1,800 yards and 20 touchdowns. Had at least 120 and one touchdown in every game.

Yeah, OU could get both...and so could USC, Florida, LSU, etc...but I don't think they're a package deal.

Skip Towne
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=kcfan82]It's because you use scout.com for football...

Figure it out

Scout.com =basketball
Rivals = football

Surprised a KU doesn't know that. It was an unsolicited email you dumbass. You figure it out, dipshit.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I'd take that instead of Callahan. Believe me, I've said the same things you're saying. The players don't mesh with Callahan's personality. We can't wait three years for a QB to learn the WCO. The man has even stopped recruiting.

He didn't stop recruiting, what is he supposed to tell these kids when he has no idea where he will be next year because the the savior TO hasn't said anything?

He's an honest man, just like TO (Who is an honest man who won't guarantee these coaches will be here next year).

That is more rumor crap spread by RSS....

I can't even believe Callahan was subjected to this kind of stuff.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
How have we gone backwards?

That is a shocking question. Our goals don't stop at the conference title game.

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 09:41 PM

OMG. Blowouts? How about 70-10? Oh wait, that was Solich's fault. Frank had ONE bad year, and he (unlike Cally) addressed the issues with his staff and then got fired for his trouble.

I also like how you question my fandom, that's a classic BRB-type tactic. It just so happens I've been a Nebraska fan for probably longer than you've been alive. I was also a season ticket holder from '91-'02.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
OMG. Blowouts? How about 70-10? Oh wait, that was Solich's fault. Frank had ONE bad year, and he (unlike Cally) addressed the issues with his staff and then got fired for his trouble.

I also like how you question my fandom, that's a classic BRB-type tactic. It just so happens I've been a Nebraska fan for probably longer than you've been alive. I was also a season ticket holder from '91-'02.

OMG, we've been season ticket holders since 1978' check the touchdown club + Kansas in your most recent program.

One bad year?

He lost 62-36 to CU, and got blown out in the NC game after not making the CCG.

He went 7-7 and lost the 9 win streak, then had a 10-3 blowout year.

If you are so apt to give Solich a chance because he got new coordinators and you won't do Callahan the same justice.

You're what's called a hypocrit. Maybe you should call Purifys house while he's still up to tell him he sucks.

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 09:45 PM
He didn't stop recruiting, what is he supposed to tell these kids when he has no idea where he will be next year because the the savior TO hasn't said anything?

He's an honest man, just like TO (Who is an honest man who won't guarantee these coaches will be here next year).

Oh for crying out loud, TO doesn't need to say anything. He knows he's dead man coaching, he just hasn't accepted it yet. I can't believe there are still people willing to defend him.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:45 PM
That is a shocking question. Our goals don't stop at the conference title game.

No, I'm talking besides Solich's .000000000000000053000001000001 luck out in 02' over Colorado in the BCS, how have we gone backwards?

Skip Towne
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
ROFL

Welcome to college football, Skip. Glad you could join us. It will be funny when you disappear when KU starts losing.
I love the KSU guys who think they are still in it. Go check where you were before Snyder showed up. And then check the previous 50 years. You are perennial losers. Absolutely the worst of the worst. An embarrassment to college football. Show me why you shouldn't go back to the sewer now that Snyder is gone.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh for crying out loud, TO doesn't need to say anything. He knows he's dead man coaching, he just hasn't accepted it yet. I can't believe there are still people willing to defend him.

I already told you, I've already been through 2 bad TO reccomendations, cough, hires, to know he shouldn't get a chance at a 3rd.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:48 PM

Tom Osborne is responsible for the five-star DE that committed this week. There have been reports about recruits not being able to reach the coaches for weeks. At least Callahan can tell the recruits that NU is a great place to be and play football.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:52 PM
No, I'm talking besides Solich's .000000000000000053000001000001 luck out in 02' over Colorado in the BCS, how have we gone backwards?

Barnett would rush for 700 yards with that '02 team against this year's defense. This year's team isn't getting anywhere near 36 points.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Tom Osborne is responsible for the five-star DE that committed this week. There have been reports about recruits not being able to reach the coaches for weeks. At least Callahan can tell the recruits that NU is a great place to be and play football.

Again, on the honesty part... Why is it such a great place to coach or play at right now. Seriously, our hopes and dreams now reside on a defensive coordinator from LSU that has little to no recruiting experience and 0 HC experience.

Oh boy I can't wait for the future.

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
I've been a Nebraska fan since 1983, as a kid living in Kearny, Nebraska.
OMG, we've been season ticket holders since 1978.
:hmmm:

One bad year?

He lost 62-36 to CU, and got blown out in the NC game after not making the CCG.

He went 7-7 and lost the 9 win streak, then had a 10-3 blowout year.

If you are so apt to give Solich a chance because he got new coordinators and you won't do Callahan the same justice.

You're what's called a hypocrit. Maybe you should call Purifys house while he's still up to tell him he sucks.
You're what's called an idiot kool-aid drinking sheep. I don't know why I'm wasting my time with you.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Barnett would rush for 700 yards with that '02 team against this year's defense.

Probably, Jamie Burrow = Bo Ruud, both Linebackers that shouldn't be there. But get to play because of the occasional tip up in the air INT for TD

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I already told you, I've already been through 2 bad TO reccomendations, cough, hires, to know he shouldn't get a chance at a 3rd.
Well that sucks for you because he's going to get it.

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM

You're what's called an idiot kool-aid drinking sheep. I don't know why I'm wasting my time with you.

You shouldn't, you and Jed should go buy some new I hate SP shirts and protest with a radio personality.

I played college football, I'm not sure why I waste my time with you.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Again, on the honesty part... Why is it such a great place to coach or play at right now. Seriously, our hopes and dreams now reside on a defensive coordinator from LSU that has little to no recruiting experience and 0 HC experience.

Oh boy I can't wait for the future.

They deserve to get booed right now. It comes with the territory. Play better or sack up and deal with it.

As for Pelini, I'm sure the same things were said about Bob Stoops. Look at what Pelini has done since he left NU. He has built the best defense in the country at LSU.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I played college football, I'm not sure why I waste my time with you.

leviw
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I love the KSU guys who think they are still in it. Go check where you were before Snyder showed up. And then check the previous 50 years. You are perennial losers. Absolutely the worst of the worst. An embarrassment to college football. Show me why you shouldn't go back to the sewer now that Snyder is gone.

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/3917/12ho2.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1971/23mx.jpg

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2851/38wy.jpg

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 10:03 PM
They deserve to get booed right now. It comes with the territory. Play better or sack up and deal with it.

As for Pelini, I'm sure the same things were said about Bob Stoops. Look at what Pelini has done since he left NU. He has built the best defense in the country at LSU.

Sure, he did.... Just like Les Miles built a top 5 team at LSU even though he didn't do much at OSU.

I'm sure it was all his "scheme" and not the plethora of talent the south and Louisiana has to offer.

I don't want to argue here, I bleed Husker red like you and bugeater. I just think Callahan should at least get a year to replace his coordinators salvage this class and try again like Solich did.

Most of our talent is still on the bench (Like Thenarse), he had to patchwork this team with transfers and JUCO's.

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
:rolleyes:

kcfan82
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM

I turned down a walk on to Nebraska, to play at UNK. Stupidest thing I've ever done

Freshman year -94
Senior Year - 97

That's back when you actually had to be recruited as a walk on by Nebraska.

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 10:08 PM
:rolleyes:

?

Baconeater
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
?
:bong: :shrug:

Sam Hall
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
:bong: :shrug:

gotcha

Sam Hall
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
http://1620thezone.com/

Scroll down the right side under Podcasts. Click on Oct. 25 segment 9: Bill in Lincoln checks in. You won't be disappointed.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
I turned down a walk on to Nebraska, to play at UNK. Stupidest thing I've ever done

Freshman year -94
Senior Year - 97

That's back when Nebraska offered partial scholarships for walk-ons
FYP

Saulbadguy
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/3917/12ho2.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1971/23mx.jpg

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2851/38wy.jpg
b-e-autiful

Sam Hall
10-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Gabbert is visiting Mizzou this weekend, but it's not a lock that he will commit.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Gabbert is visiting Mizzou this weekend, but it's not a lock that he will commit.
I doubt he goes anywhere in the Big XII. JMO.

ChiTown
10-26-2007, 02:30 PM

You are the worst type of KU fan, skippy.

You had no idea KU even fielded a team until they started winning a few games this year. But, you still spew your shit like you have even the slightest fuggin clue as to what you are talking about.

You are such a putz
:shake:

Saulbadguy
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM

You had no idea KU even fielded a team until they started winning a few games this year. But, you still spew your shit like you have even the slightest fuggin clue as to what you are talking about.

You are such a putz
Uh..how is this different from just about all the other KU fans on this board?

ChiTown
10-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Uh..how is this different from just about all the other KU fans on this board?

I won't go there, as there are quite a few knowledgeable KU football fans on this bb. However, skip and Roy are fuggin clueless KU football fans.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2007, 02:49 PM
I won't go there, as there are quite a few knowledgeable KU football fans on this bb. However, skip and Roy are fuggin clueless KU football fans.
Fair enough - but, uh, they don't really have a clue when it comes to anything.

ChiTown
10-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Fair enough - but, uh, they don't really have a clue when it comes to anything.

agreed.

leviw
10-26-2007, 03:54 PM
It's too bad, too. They missed out on the days when touchdowns were precious --when the hopelessly fluttering ducks from Dylan (DIE-lan) Smith and Zac Wegner somehow found a partially open Harrison Hill or Michael Chandler.

Of course all of that was after the days of LT Levine and June Henley. Then again, I always thought David Winbush was underrated.

Skip Towne
10-26-2007, 04:05 PM

You are such a putz
You're so full of shit. Are you still pretending to have inside contacts at K-State? It was priceless when Huggy left and you didn't have a clue.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2007, 04:06 PM
You're so full of shit. Are you still pretending to have inside contacts at K-State? It was priceless when Huggy left and you didn't have a clue.
Bandwagon, frontrunner piece of shit.

Skip Towne
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Bandwagon, frontrunner piece of shit.
i was following KU football since 1955. Long before your dropout ass was born.

ChiTown
10-26-2007, 04:15 PM

ROFL

Keep talkin' pops. Maybe you'll convince yourself you've been a great KU football fan your whole long, worthless life.

Skip Towne
10-26-2007, 04:16 PM
ROFL

Keep talkin' pops. Maybe you'll convince yourself you've been a great KU football fan your whole long, worthless life.
GFY shit for brains

ChiTown
10-26-2007, 04:17 PM
GFY shit for brains

ROFL

Fix my cable, pops, and the stfu

Skip Towne
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM
ROFL

Fix my cable, pops, and the stfu
I'd rather talk about KSU's prowess at Bramlage. Loser.

ChiTown
10-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I'd rather talk about KSU's prowess at Bramlage. Loser.

:deevee:

KSU has never beaten KU in Bramlage. So, what?

Here's the thing. I still support my team, my alma mater, the Programs. You are just a front running dog ****er who probably hasn't ever given one dollar to his beloved KU Program. But, by God, you're a BIG fan...........when they're winning.

leviw
10-26-2007, 04:37 PM

Here's the thing. I still support my team, my alma mater, the Programs. You are just a front running dog ****er who probably hasn't ever given one dollar to his beloved KU Program. But, by God, you're a BIG fan...........when they're winning.

Is he a BIG fan, even now? Can he name 10 players on this year's team without Google?

Skip Towne
10-26-2007, 04:40 PM

You just talk out your ass. You've got nothing so you run your yap. KU is never on TV unless they are winning you ignorant dipshit. It makes it a lot harder to keep up with them.

alanm
10-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Man, Has this thread lost its burst. :shake:

Saulbadguy
10-26-2007, 05:19 PM
You just talk out your ass. You've got nothing so you run your yap. KU is never on TV unless they are winning you ignorant dipshit. It makes it a lot harder to keep up with them.
ROFL

I forgot how technologically retarded you were.

WilliamTheIrish
10-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Levi gave skip a Katpak?

ChiTown
10-26-2007, 10:21 PM

WTF are you talking about? GFY you old sack of crap. I'm doing you a favor, you don't want to **** with me. G'nite gramps.

Sam Hall
10-26-2007, 10:52 PM
And now everyone's talking smack about each other's team all in one thread that started about Bill Callahan :)

ChiefaRoo
10-26-2007, 11:05 PM

You are such a putz

Hang on chitown, let me translate into okie for skip.

English to Okie

no idea = "Whut's happening, why is the ground red?"
KU = I like the big pretty bird with shoes. (example of affection) "I like it so much I'd shoot it if it was real and cook it up in my eatin' pot"
putz = dick or my genitale in common "low" okie
Clue = "why do we have so much milk in the fridge and why is my wife pregnant?"

ChiefaRoo
10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
And now everyone's talking smack about each other's team all in one thread that started about Bill Callahan :)

Sam's new theme song during football season.

Delia = Callahan
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IeOPhh_DgPA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IeOPhh_DgPA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sam Hall
10-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Sam's new theme song during football season.

Delia = Callahan
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IeOPhh_DgPA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IeOPhh_DgPA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

rep

WilliamTheIrish
10-27-2007, 02:19 PM
i was following KU football since 1955. Long before your dropout ass was born.

So for 52 years you've been unable to locate KU on radio/tv/intertubes?

Sam Hall
10-27-2007, 09:46 PM
a loss is a loss

Sam Hall
10-27-2007, 10:16 PM
This is Sam Hall Callahan. Can't wait for the season to end, Husker fan.

Baconeater
10-27-2007, 10:29 PM
This is Sam Hall Callahan. Can't wait for the season to end, Husker fan.
ROFL It's too bad I'm the only one who knows how funny that is.

Sam Hall
10-27-2007, 10:34 PM
All-Time victories (thru 2006 season)

W L T %
1. Michigan 860 282 36 0.74533
2. Notre Dame 821 269 42 0.74382
3. Texas 813 310 33 0.71756
4. Nebraska 810 326 40 0.70578
5. Ohio State 786 302 52 0.71228
6t. Alabama 780 308 43 0.70866
6t. Penn State 780 343 42 0.68755
8. Tennessee 768 322 55 0.69476
9. Oklahoma 766 294 53 0.71204
10. Southern Cal 743 301 54 0.70128

Sam Hall
10-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Worst season since the 1958 team went 3-7. Thanks asshole.

Sam Hall
10-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Bill Jennings went 4-6 in 1959 but managed to end Oklahoma's 74-game conference winning streak.

Baconeater
10-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Worst season since the 1958 team went 3-7. Thanks asshole.
We still have a chance to surpass that loss total.

Sam Hall
10-27-2007, 11:13 PM

I know, but our winning percentage will be higher. The 1957 team went 1-9. I counted eight or nine of our head coaches before 1962 who were truly awful. Callahan belongs in the mix with them.

It gets worse if you don't count the coaches who were only around for one or two seasons.

Sam Hall
10-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Worst Husker Football Coaches of All-Time (coached more than two seasons):

Bill Callahan (26-20)

Bill Glassford (35-35-3)

Bill Jennings (15-34-1)

You decide where Callahan ranks among the worst NU football coaches.

Sam Hall
10-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Devaney
Osborne
Solich
Callahan

You tell me who doesn't belong.

Sam Hall
10-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Nebraska is now ranked 119th, dead last, in run defense. The KU offensive game plan should be crystal clear.

107th in total defense. 105th in turnover margin and sacks.

Spott
10-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Tom Osborne is now 0-2 as Athletic Director.

alanm
10-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Call me crazy, and I know I'm going to take a lot of crap if I'm wrong. But with Keller possibly being gone for the rest of the year and Ganz finally getting his shot I think the chemistry will be for the better.
I'm calling the upset next Saturday. I just feel it. Can't explain it. We'll see. :shrug:

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm calling the upset next Saturday. I just feel it. Can't explain it. We'll see. :shrug:That'd be a cryin' shame... heh.

:)

Go Huskers.

kcfan82
10-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Call me crazy, and I know I'm going to take a lot of crap if I'm wrong. But with Keller possibly being gone for the rest of the year and Ganz finally getting his shot I think the chemistry will be for the better.
I'm calling the upset next Saturday. I just feel it. Can't explain it. We'll see. :shrug:

I just hope they can run the ball like they did in the first half this weekend. It ended up opening up swift on those 2 seam routes later on. Of course, KU's defense is probably better than Texas's.

Chocolate Hog
10-28-2007, 09:13 AM
From just a talent standpoint Nebraska has more but of course coaching is more important, with that being said Mangino and Co. just about gave away the game to a A&M team thats falling apart. I think Nebraska has a chance.

alanm
10-28-2007, 09:14 AM
That'd be a cryin' shame... heh.

:)

Go Huskers.
Theirs just too much talent on that field. As frustrated as they've been with the losing streak I'm just waiting for the Dam to finally burst on one of the poor unsuspecting teams coming up. It's going to happen. Either Kansas, KSU or Colorado is going to be the team on the receiving end of a satisfying, frustration emptying, emotional ass whupping for the Huskers. :thumb: :D

kstater
10-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Theirs just too much talent on that field. As frustrated as they've been with the losing streak I'm just waiting for the Dam to finally burst on one of the poor unsuspecting teams coming up. It's going to happen. Either Kansas, KSU or Colorado is going to be the team on the receiving end of a satisfying, frustration emptying, emotional ass whupping for the Huskers. :thumb: :D

Yeah, I keep waiting to see if they snap out of it, and yet they don't.

alanm
10-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I keep waiting to see if they snap out of it, and yet they don't.
And yet I just get this feeling it's going to be next Saturday night. :D :thumb:

kstater
10-28-2007, 09:27 AM
And yet I just get this feeling it's going to be next Saturday night. :D :thumb:

We'll see. Couldn't hurt.

Baconeater
10-28-2007, 10:21 AM
It would be most fitting if that happened against sCUm, seeing that so many times they'd be having a rough season and then they come out and play the game of their lives against us.

kcfan82
10-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Thoughts from Zac Taylor
Saturday, Oct 27, 2007 - 10:49:52 pm CDT
Former Nebraska quarterback Zac Taylor offered his thoughts on the Huskersí football program in an email to the Journal Starís Brian Rosenthal on Friday.

When I came to Nebraska, I was drawn in by the tradition, the facilities, the atmosphere, and most of all, the fans. At that time, it wouldnít have mattered if Bob Knight was the football coach, I was coming to Nebraska the moment they offered me. Granted, I didnít have a lot of other big name schools come after me, but honestly I donít think that would have mattered. I can specifically remember a day when I was a student at Wake Forest and I had come home for a break, and I was driving around Norman. Every car I passed had an OU bumper sticker, or flag, or something showing their support for their team. I remember thinking to myself, ďMan, I would give my left arm to play for a team with this much support and tradition.Ē I could never have imagined how quickly things would change for me, and that in two short years I would hit the college football jackpot and end up in Lincoln, Nebraska, the greatest college football town in America.

Coach Callahan gave me that opportunity, and he took a BIG chance on me. He did not promise me a single thing (although my mom did put him on the spot several times on my recruiting trip), all he said was that he would give me a great opportunity. He sold me, even though there were 5 other scholarship QBís on the roster at that time. Not once did he talk bad about any of the other QBís in order to get me there, and I have seen him do the same firsthand with several other recruits since then.

I know that this season hasnít shaped up the way everyone had hoped for. I am disappointed, the fans are disappointed, but most of all, these players and coaches are 100 times more disappointed than anyone else out there. If fans could only see the amount of time, energy, and preparation that Coach Callahan and his staff put into each week, it would blow their mind. I have never seen someone so dedicated to accomplishing his goals as Coach is. It kills me to read papers, internet ramblings, and tv shows, knowing that they donít know what I know, they donít know what these players know. We still have talent. We still have a great staff. This has been a crazy year, and I am still confident that this team will rebound and salvage the year.

Fans say this system wonít work, in college or at Nebraska. This system does work. If you could have a one on one conversation with any player on that offense, they would assure you that this is what we need to be running. It will be successful, and it has been successful. My first year I ran this, my head was spinning, and so was everyone elseís. But then it clicked. My second year, I was a totally different player, whether fans saw it or not, and I would have paid ANY amount of money for a third. Sam Keller is a great player. He is competing his tail off, and he wants to win as bad as anyone else. But I know Sam would tell you that he would have loved to have one more year in this system to learn the ins and outs, and not have to of come in his Senior year with only one shot. The improvement each player sees in Year 2 is incredible, and I feel bad for Sam that he wonít get that opportunity. Even when I was a player, I often told people close to me, ďWait until they can get me out of here, and play a QB who has come through this system since their freshmen year. Thatís when you will see this offense take off.Ē I was just there to plug the hole until they could groom someone behind me to be the guy, and I have NO problem with that whatsoever.

Trust me, I know people are frustrated because they look at this season and see what is happening. I can completely understand that. I just think this staff needs one more shot, one more season to see what they can do. We have the talent to make this thing work and turn it around. The fans will not be disappointed. I honestly think this season is a fluke; I was there for two months this season, I see the problems and I know that they can and will be corrected.

I wouldnít write this just to defend Callahan. The tradition of excellence is too important at Nebraska for us to waste a year. The fans deserve to see this team have great success; itís what they are used to, and itís what they should expect. If I didnít think he and his staff could get this done, then I wouldnít put myself out there and I would just sit here in Canada and keep my mouth shut. I just want to ask people to hang tight, ride this out, and give Coach one more chance to prove that we will win Championships with this staff at Nebraska.

Sam Hall
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I'll take a win against Colorado and then let's move on.

CU = Oakland

Sam Hall
10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Turner Gill won't say no to Tom Osborne when he calls

Baconeater
10-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Thoughts from Zac Taylor...
LOL, he acts like Callahan went out on a limb for him. BC didn't have any choice but to go out and get this kid seeing that he is incapable of developing a QB on his own. What ails NU football goes way beyond the QB position anyway.

Baconeater
10-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Turner Gill won't say no to Tom Osborne when he calls
I sure like that name more than some of the others I'm hearing. Ron "Praise the Lord" Brown? No thanks. Craig Bohl? Puh-leeeze...

Sam Hall
10-28-2007, 07:05 PM
I sure like that name more than some of the others I'm hearing. Ron "Praise the Lord" Brown? No thanks. Craig Bohl? Puh-leeeze...

I'm all for it. I think we're going to see a quick search for the new head coach. I think Osborne really wants to keep it in the family. Osborne has said Gill was the player he was closest to, and he supposedly wanted Gill to become head coach after Solich.

Baconeater
10-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm all for it. I think we're going to see a quick search for the new head coach. I think Osborne really wants to keep it in the family. Osborne has said Gill was the player he was closest to, and he supposedly wanted Gill to become head coach after Solich.
Yeah, I could easily see it happening. There's not a "home run" hire out there for us anyway, we're going to have to take a chance on someone. I think the majority of fans would be more patient with someone from the family. That's one thing I will defend Callahan for, he came into a difficult situation, replacing a coach who went 9-3 at a program with a winning tradition. His margin of error was very thin from the get-go.

kcfan82
10-28-2007, 07:21 PM
LOL, he acts like Callahan went out on a limb for him. BC didn't have any choice but to go out and get this kid seeing that he is incapable of developing a QB on his own. What ails NU football goes way beyond the QB position anyway.

Well, to his credit he was left with Joe Daily. Then he had to go out and get Zach Tayloe so he could please the fans and win immediately. He landed Harrison Beck, and if Becks mom would have went off in the paper he'd probably be the starter this year.

Baconeater
10-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, to his credit he was left with Joe Daily. Then he had to go out and get Zach Tayloe so he could please the fans and win immediately. He landed Harrison Beck, and if Becks mom would have went off in the paper he'd probably be the starter this year.
As far as "pleasing the fans" goes, fair or not, Steve Pedersen set the bar for Callahan when he fired Solich and gave his infamous "Black Friday" speech. We weren't a program that needed a total tear-down and rebuild. Pedersen set him up to fail.

ROYC75
10-28-2007, 07:30 PM

Looks like you picked a tough week to break open the DAM.

ROCK CHALK :KU:

kcfan82
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
As far as "pleasing the fans" goes, fair or not, Steve Pedersen set the bar for Callahan when he fired Solich and gave his infamous "Black Friday" speech. We weren't a program that needed a total tear-down and rebuild. Pedersen set him up to fail.

I could say I agree with that, there wasn't a reason to drastically overhaul the offense in one shot. I think running more of a pro style offense helped us recruit QB's early on (Freeman, Beck, and now Gabbert) even though Freeman and Beck left.

I don't like the idea of Gill as a HC either. He has done fine at Buffalo, but I still think we could find someone with more experience as a HC.

Money talks, and now that TO is AD the boosters would probably pony up.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Ron Prince is the answer. Just hire him and relax.

Sam Hall
10-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I've seen names like Jim Grobe, but I want a younger coach who could be around longer. I think college players respond better to a young coach, somebody in his 40s.

Baconeater
10-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I could say I agree with that, there wasn't a reason to drastically overhaul the offense in one shot. I think running more of a pro style offense helped us recruit QB's early on (Freeman, Beck, and now Gabbert) even though Freeman and Beck left.

I don't like the idea of Gill as a HC either. He has done fine at Buffalo, but I still think we could find someone with more experience as a HC.

That's about the only knock on Gill, he's still a little green. OTOH I don't know who we can get that has more experience. Personally, I think it's silly to speculate too much on potential replacements anyway when I honestly have no idea who would or wouldn't be interested.

Baconeater
10-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Ron Prince is the answer. Just hire him and relax.
Meh, we don't want him now. We need someone who can beat KU.

alanm
10-28-2007, 07:48 PM

Gabbert decommitted. Not that he'd ever see the field in the next couple of years anyway.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Meh, we don't want him now. We need someone who can beat KU.
OK. You scoff now but you'll be sorry later.

kcfan82
10-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Gabbert decommitted. Not that he'd ever see the field in the next couple of years anyway.

I know, I was just pointing out the QB's we at one time landed with a pro style offensive system.

Freeman decommited too, after KSU boosters got his dad a gig :)

Saulbadguy
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
I know, I was just pointing out the QB's we at one time landed with a pro style offensive system.

Freeman decommited too, after KSU boosters got his dad a gig :)
ROFL

You and alanm are great.

kcfan82
10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
ROFL

You and alanm are great.

I'm joking...

But have heard people who think it's strange he got a job in politics in Kansas, even though he lived in Grandview.

http://blog.stayredkansas.com/2007/06/29/freeman-sues-ks-gop.aspx

Saulbadguy
10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm joking...

But have heard people who think it's strange he got a job in politics in Kansas, even though he lived in Grandview.

I only wish KSU had that kind of power!

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm joking...

I don't doubt it a bit. Them KSU guys are cheatin' sumbitches.

alanm
10-28-2007, 08:16 PM
ROFL

You and alanm are great.
Just disillusioned.

Sam Hall
11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey, this is Irish Callahan, in Dublin. They're always stealing me lucky charms, Husker fan.

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I didn't know KU was scheduled to play an exhibition basketball game today.

kstater
11-03-2007, 07:42 PM
"Coach" Callahan

Please don't break out of your slump next week.

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 07:53 PM
"Coach" Callahan

Please don't break out of your slump next week.

NU did beat Iowa State, but don't worry about next week.

kstater
11-03-2007, 07:53 PM
NU did beat Iowa State, but don't worry about next week.

Hell I didn't worry about this week.

chiefbowe82
11-03-2007, 07:54 PM
k-state better find a defense

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 07:56 PM
k-state better find a defense

Maybe K-State will trade us defenses and DC's

Any takers?

Cosworth is a poor mans Greg Robinson

chiefbowe82
11-03-2007, 07:57 PM
bill better stop f*cking up

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 08:00 PM
bill better stop f*cking up

Yeah, he wouldn't want the season to get out of hand.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Should be a good game next weekend.

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 08:03 PM
It's pretty funny we have to beat both of our biggest north rivals in consecutive weeks to get a bowl bid....

I'm sure CU won't be pumped to end our hopes like we did to them in 03'

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 08:03 PM
N00braska will get their revenge in BB season.....oh, wait...

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 08:04 PM
This is goat boy Callahan. Baaahhhh, Husker fans.

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
N00braska will get their revenge in BB season.....oh, wait...

The funny thing is how KU fans feel they needed some big revenge.

It's not like they haven't returned the favor in basketball.

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 08:09 PM
The funny thing is how KU fans feel they needed some big revenge.

It's not like they haven't returned the favor in basketball.
The even funnier thing is that they think they're getting payback when Husker fans barely even care anymore. The 2005 loss was far more painful than today's.

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 08:11 PM
The even funnier thing is that they think they're getting payback when Husker fans barely even care anymore. The 2005 loss was far more painful than today's.

I agree, I was listening to the game today and the guy replacing Rose (forgot his name) and Davidson kind of laughed off how bad the D was playing.

2 years ago was much worse, I was there.

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 08:13 PM

Did you hear Thursday's Bill in Lincoln segment? It was the best ever!

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Did you hear Thursday's Bill in Lincoln segment? It was the best ever!
It's just frustrating to be asked that question even though its a terrific question.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Can you explain these jokes, pls? TIA.

Baconeater
I agree, I was listening to the game today and the guy replacing Rose (forgot his name) and Davidson kind of laughed off how bad the D was playing.

2 years ago was much worse, I was there.
That was Gary Sharp, I was running some errands in the 2nd half (that tells you something right there about how far we've fallen) and I was shocked not to hear Rose. It was very refreshing. I don't know if you've heard, but he got in trouble for criticizing the team in front of an open mic during the aTm game. He "may" be back next week. I hope not.

Sam Hall
It's just frustrating to be asked that question even though its a terrific question.

flustrating :)

keg in kc
11-03-2007, 08:17 PM
I hope they sign him to an extension tonight. This is the best Noobraska football I've seen in my life.

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 08:18 PM

This will help. Trust me, it is hilarious.

Nov. 1, segment 9

http://1620thezone.com/pages/727732.php

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 08:19 PM
It's a running thing on one of the local radio shows here.

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 08:20 PM
That was Gary Sharp, I was running some errands in the 2nd half (that tells you something right there about how far we've fallen) and I was shocked not to hear Rose. It was very refreshing. I don't know if you've heard, but he got in trouble for criticizing the team in front of an open mic during the aTm game. He "may" be back next week. I hope not.

That's right, I had forgotten his name.... He did a better job than Rose has ever done. Although I don't like when administration makes people clam up their opinions.

Someone said he was sick today... I had to work today, this was the first live televised Nebraska game I've missed since the 80's.

And FYI, it hasn't taken long for me to fall on the same side as you guys as far as the coaches. Today was ****ing pathetic, although the O looked good.

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 08:23 PM
que pasa, husker fan

Saulbadguy
11-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I heard it was Greg Sharpe, from Topeka WIBW. He used to be the voice of the Wildcats.

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Did KU score on every play today?

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I heard it was Greg Sharpe, from Topeka WIBW. He used to be the voice of the Wildcats.

What did you think about that radio segment?

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 08:26 PM

I didn't know that, they actually had the husker call on 97.3 FM in KC.

I can't stand KU's announcers and I'm glad Falkenstein retired, he was like 6 months away from Alzheimers.

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Did KU score on every play today?
KU went 3 and out then scored 10 straight TD's.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2007, 08:29 PM
What did you think about that radio segment?
Classless and deranged.

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Webb missed a FG and an XP, he's trying to emulate his hero Johnny Beck.

KChiefs1
11-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Do you guys follow volleyball? I've been told you have a good volleyball team.

Girls in volleyball shorts are hot.

alanm
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Don't feel bad. I turned it off early in the 2nd quarter when it got to 28-14. Went out got a haircut. Did some shopping and such. And NO ONE had the game on the radio or TV's. :shake:
The whole state just wants this nightmare to end now. :(

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 09:04 PM

Did Nebraska have people on the field playing defense? If so, did they just stand there and not move?

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Classless and deranged.
Should've been right up your alley then. :)

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Do you guys follow volleyball? I've been told you have a good volleyball team.

Girls in volleyball shorts are hot.
I'd have more interest in it if they were nekkid, but then again, those shorts don't leave much up to the imagination...

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Did Nebraska have people on the field playing defense? If so, did they just stand there and not move?
The defenders didn't do much. No disrespect but it could have been even worse.

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Have you ever seen one of those toy football games from the 70's where the board just vibrates the players around? It was kind of like that.

alanm
11-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Have you ever seen one of those toy football games from the 70's where the board just vibrates the players around? It was kind of like that.
I've seen better defenses on a electric football field. Hell the Womens volleyball team would have put up a better effort than the 119 _efense.

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 09:15 PM
If you guys get bored with the CFB season let me know ;)

You're all welcome at www.talkhuskers.com, I have the past 3-4 seasons on the video player. Working on the 83 and 95 season (I have most of it thanks to my dad).

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 09:15 PM
I must be getting soft. I'm starting to feel sorry for you guys. Imagine how Callahan must feel.

Sam Hall
11-03-2007, 09:20 PM
I must be getting soft. I'm starting to feel sorry for you guys. Imagine how Callahan must feel.

Probably feels great with that $3 million buyout coming.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I must be getting soft. I'm starting to feel sorry for you guys. Imagine how Callahan must feel.Seriously.

I've been wanting the Huskers to suffer for a long, long, long time...

But this is getting out of hand.

kcfan82
11-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Seriously.

I've been wanting the Huskers to suffer for a long, long, long time...

But this is getting out of hand.

It's funny how bitter KU and MU fans are.

First off, I also went to school at KU.

They seem to forget they returned the favor every year in basketball.

Besides the upset win in Lawrence, and a close 3 OT game where every NU big man fouled out.

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't give a flying **** how Callahan feels. But I know what you mean, I actually started feeling sorry for OU fans in the 90's.

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 09:32 PM

Actually it was twice per year.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:35 PM
It's funny how bitter KU and MU fans are.

First off, I also went to school at KU.

Besides the upset win in Lawrence, and a close 3 OT game where every NU big man fouled out.How was my post bitter?

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 09:37 PM
How was my post bitter?
Or mine?

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 09:38 PM
How was my post bitter?
Well, at the very least it does indicate that at one point you were bitter. I can't say I blame you.

BWillie
11-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Did Callahan get fired yet? They should of just told him not to get on the bus. Should be any time now. Why wait until the end of the season? Your season is already over.

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 09:45 PM
When we were getting hammered by Nebraska for thirty years, at least we got a chance at a win the next week. You guys are getting stomped every week.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:49 PM
When we were getting hammered by Nebraska for thirty years, at least we got a chance at a win the next week. You guys are getting stomped every week.In record-breaking fashion.

Baconeater
11-03-2007, 09:50 PM
When we were getting hammered by Nebraska for thirty years, at least we got a chance at a win the next week. You guys are getting stomped every week.
Hey, we DO have a chance to win next week, KSU is coming to town. :)

Frazod
11-03-2007, 10:00 PM
In record-breaking fashion.

We started it. They still had a modicrum of pride left when we gutted them. :D

Sam Hall
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I haven't seen the report on the news, but Osborne approached Callahan after the game to speak to him, and Callahan walked right past Osborne and ignored him.

morphius
11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
I haven't seen the report on the news, but Osborne approached Callahan after the game to speak to him, and Callahan walked right past Osborne and ignored him.
Well, there isn't anything that Callahan could say after that game.

Cochise
11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't see how they could not fire him tomorrow.

Sam Hall
11-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Here's video of Callahan dissing Osborne

http://www.wowt.com/sports/headlines/10994876.html

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Is Osborne keeping Cally around just to torture the fans?

Simplex3
11-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Is Osborne keeping Cally around just to torture the fans?
I'm pretty sure Osborne said he'd keep that loser around until the end of the season, but being dissed on the sidelines after the school's worst beating in history should be enough to change that tune IMO.

Sam Hall
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Next week is more likely since the team has a break before the CU game.

Sam Hall
11-05-2007, 12:48 PM
The rumor is Osborne and Callahan have had their discussion, and Osborne will let Callahan resign.

InChiefsHell
11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
The rumor is Osborne and Callahan have had their discussion, and Osborne will let Callahan resign.

Man...I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall during that discussion...

Sam Hall
11-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Jim Rose resigned as the voice of the Huskers...

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH Adrian

kcfan82
11-06-2007, 06:40 PM
I heard

Oh darn

kstater
11-06-2007, 06:41 PM

Looks like Callahan is going to go the route of Custer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3097421
Callahan won't resign even if offered buyout

LINCOLN, Neb. -- If Nebraska interim athletic director Tom Osborne wants Bill Callahan out as football coach, he'll probably have to fire him.

That term 'resignation' is not in our vocabulary.

-- Bill Callahan

Callahan said Tuesday he would not resign before the season ends, even if he were offered a buyout worth more than he is entitled to by his contract.

"That term 'resignation' is not in our vocabulary," Callahan said.

The Huskers (4-6, 1-5 Big 12) go into Saturday's final home game against Kansas State on their first five-game losing streak since 1958. They've been outscored 226-98 in those five games.

Last week's 76-39 loss at Kansas marked the most points allowed by a Nebraska team and ratcheted up the fans' outcry against Callahan.

Osborne has not asked for a resignation and doesn't plan to, athletic department communications chief Randy York said Tuesday. Osborne has said he'll evaluate Callahan at the end of the season.

Callahan's new contract, signed in September, calls for him to be paid $3.125 million if he's fired this month. He said he wouldn't be tempted to step down if he were promised more money to resign now and remove the uncertainty surrounding the program.

"You need to understand this isn't about money. I didn't get into coaching for money, for buyouts or anything like that," Callahan said.

The fallout of the season hasn't changed his feelings for Nebraska, he said. Callahan has often said he wants to finish his career at Nebraska.

"I sincerely want to be here," he said. "I think I indicated that when I signed a contract extension. If I didn't want to be here, I wouldn't have signed the extension."

Callahan said it's embarrassing for a program such as Nebraska to lose five straight and no one feels worse about it than him.

The Huskers led Texas 17-9 in the fourth quarter before losing 28-25 two weeks ago. Otherwise, they haven't been competitive in their losses this season. They have one of the nation's worst defenses, allowing 35.9 points and 477.6 yards a game.

"Gosh, I don't think we wanted to do this," he said. "These coaches didn't purposely tell these kids, 'Hey, don't go out there and tackle today' or 'Don't go out there and rush the passer.'

"Our guys coach to the best of their ability, and they did the best they could. It hasn't been good enough at this point. Hopefully, Saturday we can rectify this," he said.

Callahan said much of his fan correspondence has been supportive. Of course, there have been lots of negative, as well.

"It's a game," he said. "I understand here in Nebraska it's more than a game. It's life. It's the most important thing to Nebraskans, and I share that passion."

Callahan said he won't leave on his own volition, even if it means relieving pressure on himself, his staff and their families.

"There is a message if you do resign, that you've quit on your football team," he said. "There is no quit in this staff. We're going to keep plugging away and keep pushing and keep coaching and try to get through this."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Baconeater
11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Jim Rose resigned as the voice of the Huskers...

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH Adrian
Thank God for that. This is the greatest season ever!

Sam Hall
11-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Thank God for that. This is the greatest season ever!

1620 had better keep the highlight of the week.

kcfan82
11-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm surprised you guys haven't commented on Callahans statement "Resignation isn't in this staffs vocabulary" today.

That's a stupid statement to make

Sam Hall
11-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm surprised you guys haven't commented on Callahans statement "Resignation isn't in this staffs vocabulary" today.

The media should bring garlic and a cross to next week's press conference for Dracula Callahan.

Baconeater
11-06-2007, 06:48 PM
1620 had better keep the highlight of the week.
Aww shit. You bring up a good point, with Pedey and Rose gone, and Calllahan soon to follow, who are they going to make fun of?

Baconeater
11-06-2007, 06:50 PM

There aren't enough hours in the day to comment on every stupid statement he makes.

Sam Hall
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Aww shit. You bring up a good point, with Pedey and Rose gone, and Calllahan soon to follow, who are they going to make fun of?

Just give me a Best of Bill in Lincoln. Maybe an hour, and I'll be fine.

Sam Hall
11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
shizzle my football nizzle, izzle fan

InChiefsHell
11-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Heh. The radio station they are talking about with the rumors was 590 AM. Matt Perault was breathlessly anticipating "some announcement" at the 12:00 news conference. Then the news conference started late, so he was speculating about weather we'd see Callahan at the podium or Osborne. It was just hilarious to hear him all freaked out about this BIG NEWS that was going to be released...

...then Cally comes out, says a few words about Jim Rose leaving...and then goes straight into the K-State game. You could almost hear every reporter in the joint collectively crapping their pants. I was laughing to beat the band...

...makes me think that the "inside source" is Callahan himself...

"I got a hot tip for ya...Husker fan..."

Frankie
11-07-2007, 08:53 AM
speaking of Bill Callahan, does he have any assistant coach value? If so, should the Chiefs consider him as an upgrade replacement for one our dubious assistants?

kcfan82
11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
speaking of Bill Callahan, does he have any assistant coach value? If so, should the Chiefs consider him as an upgrade replacement for one our dubious assistants?

He'd actually be a great fit as an OC.

He was the OC for Oakland when they had those great offenses with Gannon and Rice. He's also an offensive line coach.

Frankie
11-07-2007, 09:21 AM
He'd actually be a great fit as an OC.

He was the OC for Oakland when they had those great offenses with Gannon and Rice. He's also an offensive line coach.
Thanks. I didn't remember what he coached before getting elevated to HC at Oakland.

InChiefsHell
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, dude is definitely not a college coach, and definitely not a HC, but he'd be a good OC somewhere. I don't think he'd be any worse in KC that Solari is anyway...

Sam Hall
11-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm sure Jon Gruden has a spot for Callahan in Tampa.

Sam Hall
11-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey, this is Double-D Callahan. I need more support than I'm getting, Husker fan.

Sam Hall
11-08-2007, 10:36 PM
According to a rumor, Callahan was asked to resign today, but refused. He has told the team that he and the coaching staff won't be back next season. I can't wait for the season to end.

Saulbadguy
11-09-2007, 06:34 AM
The classiests fans in America strike once again...

Unnecessary Roughness: Coaches' kids also targets of frustrated NU fans' ire
BY MITCH SHERMAN
WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN ó Nebraska football coach Bill Callahan and six of his nine full-time assistants have a total of 12 children enrolled in Lincoln's public and parochial schools.

NU defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove amid Oklahoma State's flurry of touchdowns in its 45-14 win over Nebraska Oct. 13 in Lincoln. The season has also been tough on Husker coaches' families.As the Huskers plod through their worst season in nearly 50 years, NU coaches have increasingly endured public criticism. Their children ó particularly those in high school ó have not been spared.

Some of the more public behavior has involved Lincoln Southwest, where sons of beleaguered Nebraska defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove and cornerbacks coach Phil Elmassian played this fall as juniors on the football team.

On Oct. 12, as Southwest played Lincoln East at Seacrest Field, East students reacted to the announcement of Connor Cosgrove's name by launching a "Fire Cosgrove" chant.

The students were quickly reined in. Lincoln East's athletic director and coach later apologized to Southwest officials.

School administrators have sought to short-circuit problems, but it's impossible to eliminate them entirely, said Rob Slauson, Southwest's principal.

"We want to have an environment that is emotionally safe and physically safe," said Slauson, whose son Matt starts on the offensive line for NU.

Even at home, the children of coaches are not safe from criticism.

"Never in my life have I experienced this," said Kevin Cosgrove, who started coaching in 1980 and spent 13 years at Wisconsin before coming to Nebraska. "I don't think it should come with the territory. I don't think kids should be getting phone calls and text messages and things like that. I don't think that's right.

"These are supposed to be true fans? Really?"

Southwest football coach Mark King said he has not witnessed an incident at school.

"But I've seen the hurt," King said. "Words sometimes do hurt more than you think. It can be hard when your father's a public figure."

Callahan, whose two daughters attend Pius X High in Lincoln, said he wants to emphasize that most people have acted respectfully.

When situations turn ugly, the fourth-year head coach said, the experience serves as a "learning process" for the coaches and their families.

"Unless you've walked in someone else's shoes, you really don't know what they're going through," Callahan said. "It's easy to criticize, but when you're in the arena and you're trying the best you can and you're battling, it hurts. It hurts everybody in your family."

Most troubling, said Tim Cassidy, Nebraska's chief football administrator, is the criticism voiced at home by parents and then repeated at school by their children.

Cassidy, whose daughter attends Southwest and whose son, Austin, started at quarterback as a senior for the Silver Hawks last year, said the criticism isn't indicative of the state. He said poor treatment from a few gets a lot of notice.

"But I can also tell you that we've got a lot of people who write us to say they're thinking of us," he said.

All of this is nothing new. Former Nebraska coach Tom Osborne said that until he retired in 1997, his wife, Nancy, had kept from him the details of the abuse directed at their children during rough periods of his 25-year tenure.

None of that makes it any more acceptable, said Slauson, the Southwest principal.

Slauson said he checks occasionally with the children of NU coaches to ensure that they feel comfortable.

Southwest, in fact, offers something of a comfort zone, with the children of Cosgrove, Elmassian, Cassidy, Nebraska baseball coach Mike Anderson and athletic administrator Dennis Leblanc.

"They hang together," Cassidy said. "They support each other. Kids are resilient. They'll bounce back. They're going to move on, grow from this, and hopefully learn how not to sometimes act."

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 09:29 AM
The rumor about Callahan refusing to resign has become a published report.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2007, 10:02 AM
The absolute worst fan base in all of sports.

InChiefsHell
11-09-2007, 10:04 AM
RE: The article above. People suck all over, especially kids. This kind of stuff pisses me off, but even the kids say it's a minority.

InChiefsHell
11-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Oh, blow it out your ass...a few dickheads does not represent the fan base. This is media and anti-Huskers just piling on...

...enjoy. I guess it makes you feel better...

Saulbadguy
11-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Yep. They are the classiest fans..until your team runs their teams asses in to the ground a few times.

Cochise
11-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Good lord. Abusing teenage girls? I mean, I figured that happened in Nebraska, but not over the football team. :p

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 03:07 PM

you **** yourself you piece of shit

Saulbadguy
11-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I've never seen a fanbase go from kool-aid chugging to borderline suicidal as fast as the GBR faithful.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I've never seen a fanbase go from kool-aid chugging to borderline suicidal as fast as the GBR faithful.

yeah right, most people didn't like Callahan

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM

LMAO

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 03:30 PM
LMAO

shut your damn mouth
don't judge the fan base based on some dumb high school kids

Cochise
11-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I bet the 2girls were Husker fans.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Give it to a ****ing Kansas State fan to rip an entire fan base for something done by dumb high school kids.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
shut your damn mouth
don't judge the fan base based on some dumb high school kids

I'm not judging the entire fan base on 'some dumb high school kids'. I'm judging the entire Husker fan base on you. You're trying way too hard to cover your love for Callahan that was on display here just a few short weeks ago.

It's hilarious to watch. Do continue.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Give it to a ****ing Kansas State fan to rip an entire fan base for something done by dumb high school kids.

Rough night at the box office last night?

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 04:45 PM
What I thought before the season doesn't mean anything now. Stop bringing it up.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 04:53 PM
You have a lot to live up to thanks to how much you've criticized me.

Brock
11-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Huck the fuskers.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2007, 04:59 PM
What I thought before the season doesn't mean anything now. Stop bringing it up.
One of the tenants of this BB is:

"Anything you say, can and will be used against you on this BB".

I understand that you want to distance yourself from the fact that up until 6 weeks you'd have let Callahan sodomize you with broom handle and you'd have said "Thank you sir. May I have another...longer broom handle"?
You're a sour little witch now that Cally has has committed infidelity.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
You can't stomach the fact that nobody saw this coming.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Please continue. Everybody knew Callahan was a hack. Except the simpering, which types like yourself. Again it's hilarious to watch your little temper tantrum. It only solidifies the impression you give of being a moronic, major league jackass Corn fan.

Please continue... This is very entertaining.

Brock
11-09-2007, 05:14 PM
No one saw this coming, LOL.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 05:15 PM
You nitpick everything I say because you're obsessed with Husker football. Everything you post had better be 100 percent accurate since you're criticizing me like this.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 05:16 PM
No one saw this coming, LOL.

sure you did genius

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2007, 05:23 PM
sure you did genius

The fact that YOU and the rest of the Huskerpediots didn't see this coming is the part that kills.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 05:27 PM
The fact that YOU and the rest of the Huskerpediots didn't see this coming is the part that kills.

You're just trying to be an internet genius

Gonzo
11-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Huck the fuskers.

ROFL

Agreed. Frick'n die hards around here are horrible. Listen to 590 after the game once in a while. Fans are calling in with all the answers.

One guy said, "We should get Bill Cower and Marty Shottenheimer up here and they could be co-coaches."

Thing is...He was 100% serious. Douchebags.

Go to a goddamn grocery store and I have to hear that moron Jim Rose over the PA system sucking off some Husker "legend" that could never make it in the league.

Then I have to hear Davidson on the sidelines giving his "Expert" opinion about some third string DB that has a burst hemorrhoid. The only thing this dude ever did was take part in an illegal play that screwed over Mizzou.

After that, Fiala's fat ass is talking crap about the best fertilizer or insecticides you can get to help grow corn. All the while, he's jamming hot dogs in his cake hole.

Morons.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 05:45 PM
ROFL

Agreed. Frick'n die hards around here are horrible. Listen to 590 after the game once in a while. Fans are calling in with all the answers.

One guy said, "We should get Bill Cower and Marty Shottenheimer up here and they could be co-coaches."

Thing is...He was 100% serious. Douchebags.

Go to a goddamn grocery store and I have to hear that moron Jim Rose over the PA system sucking off some Husker "legend" that could never make it in the league.

Then I have to hear Davidson on the sidelines giving his "Expert" opinion about some third string DB that has a burst hemorrhoid. The only thing this dude ever did was take part in an illegal play that screwed over Mizzou.

After that, Fiala's fat ass is talking crap about the best fertilizer or insecticides you can get to help grow corn. All the while, he's jamming hot dogs in his cake hole.

Morons.

Sounds like you need to find a new place to live

Gonzo
11-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Sounds like you need to find a new place to live

Nah, I love it here. The hunting is great, as is my employment. Could do without the husker douches.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
It's going to upset the Kansas State boys to know that I watched the KU basketball game tonight. I guess that makes me the worst kind of fan :)

KChiefs1
11-09-2007, 08:29 PM
If Nebraska makes a bowl....does Callahan keep his job?

Gonzo
11-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Doubtful, but I hope so.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 08:31 PM
he's gone no matter what

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Callahan's agent rips into NU rumor mill
BY MITCH SHERMAN
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

LINCOLN - If the words of Bill Callahan's agent are any indication, those in the embattled football coach's corner are growing tired of questions about his coaching status at Nebraska.

Asked in response to a broadcast report if Callahan had been asked by NU to resign, Gary O'Hagan of the International Marketing Group quickly resorted to yelling into his telephone.

"If they don't want him to be the coach, they can fire him," said O'Hagan, president of IMG coaching division out of Minnetonka, Minn. "Why would he resign? It doesn't make sense. There are two games to go. He's under contract. Why would they ask him to resign?"

Perhaps because Nebraska officials, in the midst of a five-game losing streak as the Huskers host Kansas State today, don't approve of Callahan's job performance.

"Then fire him," the agent said, now shouting. "Listen to how stupid you people are. You people need to start studying soil content or something. Why don't you find out how many pair of socks get washed every day in the locker room?"

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
them's fightin' words :)

Saulbadguy
11-09-2007, 10:06 PM
No. Never.

Saulbadguy
11-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, i'll give it to you, I didn't think they would be this bad. I had them pegged at around 7-8 wins. Of course, I didn't see KU or MU being this good, either.

Saulbadguy
11-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I thought i'd add this to the mix: Sam Hall: "I keep hearing Nebraska and Oklahoma"

East's Arthur Brown drops OU from list
BY JEFFREY MARTIN
The Wichita Eagle

Arthur Brown slashed the list of schools he is considering from 10 to six Friday, and the surprise was that a local Big 12 school didn't make the cut.

Oklahoma, long considered a favorite for the East linebacker's services, is out of the mix. Brown also officially declined scholarships from Georgia, Georgia Tech and Alabama.

The six schools left are Kansas State, North Carolina, Miami, Florida, LSU and USC.

"In the end, (OU) just didn't fit," said Brian Butler, Brown's mentor and adviser.

According to Butler, Brown plans to take official visits to Miami and Southern Cal the last week of November. The first stop will be in Miami, arriving Nov. 27 and staying through Nov. 29. Then they'll fly to Los Angeles, where they'll spend the entire weekend.

Another school will be trimmed from his list in the coming weeks.

Brown still plans to make his college choice known in early December.

Earlier Friday, Oregon offensive coordinator Chip Kelly visited with Northwest's Chris Harper and East's Bryce Brown at each star's school.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Last I heard OU and USC were his leaders, with USC coming on strong.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM
I thought i'd add this to the mix: Sam Hall: "I keep hearing Nebraska and Oklahoma"

Who cares? Why do you and William remember everything I post?

Saulbadguy
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Who cares? Why do you and William remember everything I post?
Because it is amusing.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Because it is amusing.

You say, "Because it is amusing," but what I'm hearing is, "we're stalking you." It's gotten rediculus.

SPchief
11-09-2007, 11:13 PM
You say, "Because it is amusing," but what I'm hearing is, "we're stalking you." It's gotten rediculus.

They're obsessed.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 11:16 PM
They're obsessed.

I'm glad somebody besides me has noticed.