PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Bill Callahan

Pages : 1 2 [3]

SPchief
11-09-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm glad somebody besides me has noticed.

WTI has been like that forever. And correct me if I'm wrong, but is GRCOAT Saul? If it is, he's been like that also.

Sam Hall
11-09-2007, 11:34 PM
WTI has been like that forever. And correct me if I'm wrong, but is GRCOAT Saul? If it is, he's been like that also.

I'm serious when I say that it's disturbing. Maybe they should get help.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Simon and Garfunkel Callahan

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:07 AM
And here's to you, Mr. Callahan, Pedey loves you more than you will know. Whoa whoa whoa.

God bless you please, Mr. Callahan. Pro football holds a place for those who fail, the college game. Hey hey hey.

We'd like to know a whole lot less about your style of play. We'd like to help you pack your belongings.

Look around you all you see are homicidal fans. Hide yourself behind that golden parachute you stole.

And here's to you, Mr. Callahan, Cosgrove loves you more than you will know. Whoa whoa whoa.

God bless you please, Mr. Callahan. Pro football holds a place for those who fail, the college game. Hey hey hey.

Hide it on the practice field where no one is allowed. Put it in your playbook with your game plan.

It's a little secret that Bill Callahan doesn't care. Most of all he's got to hide it from the fans.

Koo koo ka choo, Mr. Callahan, Cosgrove loves you more than you will know. Whoa whoa whoa.

Sitting in the film room on a Sunday afternoon. Looking at the game film makes you puke.

Cry about it, shout about it, When you've got to choose. Every way you look at it you lose.

Where have you gone, Bob Devaney, oh our fan base turns its lonely eyes to you. Woo woo woo.

What's that you say Mr. Callahan, the BobFather has left and gone away. Hey hey hey.

Bugeater
11-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Is the season over with yet?

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:14 AM
I hope TO changes his mind on Monday and fires Callahan and his agent.

Bugeater
11-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I hope TO changes his mind on Monday and fires Callahan and his agent.
Don't even get your hopes up, it's not going to happen. We're only two weeks away from getting what we want anyway.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:23 AM
I've warmed up to Brian Kelly

kcfan82
11-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Louisiana Husker on RSS, a former player and close to NU and LSU seems to think Pelini is a done deal.

Skip Towne
11-10-2007, 09:57 AM
And here's to you, Mr. Callahan, Pedey loves you more than you will know. Whoa whoa whoa.

We'd like to know a whole lot less about your style of play. We'd like to help you pack your belongings.

Look around you all you see are homicidal fans. Hide yourself behind that golden parachute you stole.

And here's to you, Mr. Callahan, Cosgrove loves you more than you will know. Whoa whoa whoa.

Hide it on the practice field where no one is allowed. Put it in your playbook with your game plan.

It's a little secret that Bill Callahan doesn't care. Most of all he's got to hide it from the fans.

Koo koo ka choo, Mr. Callahan, Cosgrove loves you more than you will know. Whoa whoa whoa.

Sitting in the film room on a Sunday afternoon. Looking at the game film makes you puke.

Cry about it, shout about it, When you've got to choose. Every way you look at it you lose.

Where have you gone, Bob Devaney, oh our fan base turns its lonely eyes to you. Woo woo woo.

What's that you say Mr. Callahan, the BobFather has left and gone away. Hey hey hey.
You wrote that yourself didn't you?

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't want to hear any more smack talk from Kansas State fans. It's over. Kansas State got walloped by Nebraska in the Huskers' worst season.

That's what I call settling the score.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Other teams had been taking 30 years of frustration out on the Huskers lately. The Huskers took out a season's worth of frustration on Kansas State today.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Where are the Kansas State fans?

How are you guys doing today?

kstater
11-10-2007, 08:03 PM

I'm doing fine.

Nebraska whooped the Cats.
Is that what you wanted to hear?

Frazod
11-10-2007, 08:03 PM

ROFL

Cornboy talking tough. After the season you've had? Good Christ, shut the f#ck up.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm doing fine.

Nebraska whooped the Cats.
Is that what you wanted to hear?

There's nothing the two loudmouth KSU fans here can say to me.

kstater
11-10-2007, 08:07 PM
There's nothing the two loudmouth KSU fans here can say to me.

That's fine and I sort of agree with you. What do you think about Nebraska going for it on 4th down 3 times with less than 10 minutes left up by more than 40?

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:07 PM
ROFL

Cornboy talking tough. After the season you've had? Good Christ, shut the f#ck up.

There's nothing the two loudmouth KSU fans can say to me.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:09 PM
That's fine and I sort of agree with you. What do you think about Nebraska going for it on 4th down 3 times with less than 10 minutes left up by more than 40?

It was time to do what other teams had done to us lately.

kstater
11-10-2007, 08:10 PM

All I wanted to know.

Simplex3
11-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Other teams went for it on 4th down late in the 4th up by 30+ on you guys? I don't remember hearing about that.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Other teams went for it on 4th down late in the 4th up by 30+ on you guys? I don't remember hearing about that.

Oh yes. Now some people remember how it feels.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Nobody should have expected mercy from Nebraska today. I haven't expected mercy from other teams this season.

Frazod
11-10-2007, 08:25 PM
There's nothing the two loudmouth KSU fans can say to me.

Maybe you can get that put on a t-shirt. :whackit:

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Maybe you can get that put on a t-shirt. :whackit:

that's weird

KcMizzou
11-10-2007, 08:28 PM
There's nothing the two loudmouth KSU fans can say to me.Seriously?

You're the joke of the Big XII. Don't think this win gets you any Big XII street cred.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Seriously?

You're the joke of the Big XII. Don't think this win gets you any Big XII street cred.
When the last time the joke of the big 12 put 73 on somebody

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Seriously?

This is between me and them. If NU is a joke, what's that make K-State. I wasn't looking for cred. It won't happen this year. I wanted a close win today, and I got a lot more. It's nice, especially considering the crap I've taken from them.

alanm
11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
The absolute worst fan base in all of sports.
Not to outsiders. But we will cannibalize our own. Not saying it's right, just the way it is.
:shrug:

Mr. Arrowhead
11-10-2007, 08:45 PM
The 73 points we put up was for all the K state fans who were laughing thier asses off last week.

kstater
11-10-2007, 08:46 PM
don't judge the fan base based on some dumb kids

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Don't remove words from my original statement. There's nothing I can do about some kids at high school who were razing Cosgrove's kids.

You can't do anything to mask what happened today.

Frankie
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
GOOD CHRIST!!.... IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING??!!!

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 09:00 PM
GOOD CHRIST!!.... IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING??!!!

You chose to post in it.

Gonzo
11-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Congrats to the Huskers in defeating the only team in the big 12 worse than they are. :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Except maybe for Iowa State) Good thing they weren't scheduled to play Baylor this year. :banghead:

Frankie
11-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Congrats to the Huskers in defeating the only team in the big 12 worse than they are. :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Except maybe for Iowa State) Good thing they weren't scheduled to play Baylor this year. :banghead:
Hey watch it aligator breath. ISU beat Colorado today, and came back from a 21-0 halftime deficit to do it.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Least I forget

Nebraska 2
Josh Freeman 0

What a devastating decommit :)

Bugeater
11-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey watch it aligator breath. ISU beat Colorado today, and came back from a 21-0 halftime deficit to do it.
That's very disturbing, because it means that NU could potentially beat sCUm and make it to a bowl game.

Cochise
11-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Least I forget

Nebraska 2
Josh Freeman 0

What a devastating decommit :)

ROFL

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
That's very disturbing, because it means that NU could potentially beat sCUm and make it to a bowl game.

Not so fast. We might get everything we want. Beat KSU and sCUm, play in a bowl game and fire Callahan. Maybe we fire Callahan after the CU game and the new coach comes in immediately, regardless of who it is.

Bugeater
11-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Not so fast. We might get everything we want. Beat KSU and sCUm, play in a bowl game and fire Callahan. Maybe we fire Callahan after the CU game and the new coach comes in immediately, regardless of who it is.
I just want the season to be over. I want to bury it, then bury the shovel.

Sam Hall
11-10-2007, 09:40 PM
I really don't like CU and I'd like to beat them.

Sam Hall
11-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Bill in Lincoln from Thursday :LOL:

http://podcast.1620thezone.com/kozn/752771.mp3

alanm
11-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Seriously?

Since when did beating KState give anyone street cred?
And for that matter Missouri and Kansas still have to make their bones in football. I would consider making their bones winning a National Championship or at the very least winning the Big 12 Championship outright and winning a BCS Bowl game.
Until they do so their just one year wonders. Just saying. :shrug:

Sam Hall
11-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Goat boy Callahan could be out of a job by Monday and a new coach could be named within 10 days of Callahan's departure. Bo Pelini and Turner Gill still seem to be the leading candidates. Pelini has said he would run a spread option if he were a head coach.

Bowser
11-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Goat boy Callahan could be out of a job by Monday and a new coach could be named within 10 days of Callahan's departure. Bo Pelini and Turner Gill still seem to be the leading candidates. Pelini has said he would run a spread option if he were a head coach.

Interesting.

Bugeater
11-22-2007, 09:58 PM
**** that, Monday is too far away. I want TO to fire him right on the sideline during the 4th qtr of the sCUm game.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-22-2007, 10:08 PM
I wonder if we win, and get a bowl game, who would coach? Im guessing watson would

Bugeater
11-22-2007, 10:19 PM
I wonder if we win, and get a bowl game, who would coach? Im guessing watson would
As long as it isn't Callahan, I could care less. Watson would probably be the most likely candidate though.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Goat boy Callahan could be out of a job by Monday and a new coach could be named within 10 days of Callahan's departure. Bo Pelini and Turner Gill still seem to be the leading candidates. Pelini has said he would run a spread option if he were a head coach.Greg Robinson...

Seriously... give a guy a chance.

Bugeater
11-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Greg Robinson...

:shake: I am not amused by that. Don't you have a border war to go fight?

alanm
11-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Greg Robinson...

Nein.

Raiderz_00
11-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Callahan Called my team the "dumbest team in america" and he is/was right, but he is also the dumbest coach in America.

Sam Hall
11-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Osborne has a window between LSU's game against Arkansas and the SEC title game to hire Pelini if that's what he wants to do. Pelini is undefeated as a head coach in bowl games.

alanm
11-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Callahan Called my team the "dumbest team in america" and he is/was right, but he is also the dumbest coach in America.
No, He's a very good offensive line coach, recruiter and offensive coordinator who Peter principled out on that level.
He's not a good HC. After Saturday he'll be gone. The Huskers will return to its roots and rebuild the Nebraska way under Dr. Tom's guidance. And Callahan will be back in the NFL again this spring as a offensive coordinator. And I know I'll get flamed for this but I think he'd be a great replacement for Solari.
Steve Pedersen on the other hand can go burn in hell.

KCinNY
11-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Pelini has said he would run a spread option if he were a head coach.

Nebraska should always have the word "option" in their offensive system.

The whole "Westcoast Offense" thing seems unnatural for the Big Red.

Frankie
11-23-2007, 10:03 AM
No, He's a very good offensive line coach, recruiter and offensive coordinator .... And I know I'll get flamed for this but I think he'd be a great replacement for Solari.

I actually agree with you. I think the Chiefs should seriously consider getting him on the offensive staff. At least to replace our current OL coach who has not impressed.

Sam Hall
10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks for your stupid practice philosophy that didn't let younger players get reps. Thanks for all the JUCOs who stunk and never should've been recruited. You left the cupboard bare.

Some people think this thread is an embarrassment for me. You don't know what it means to me.

kcfan82
10-08-2008, 09:31 PM
This was a good thread.....

Now we have someone who can't coach or recruit.

InChiefsHell
10-09-2008, 05:12 AM
For some reason, I can't click on page 38 of this thread...so I'm posting a worthless post to see if that will get me to that page...

InChiefsHell
10-09-2008, 05:17 AM
...and it worked...

...weird...

Pelini is in a really tough spot right now. The offense was pretty good last year, but the defense stunk to high heaven...now both sides of the ball are ugly, but the Offense seems to be taking the "stink to high heaven" honors...in other words, this was NOT what we expected, even in his first year. I still think Pelini will be a good coach, hell, attitude alone has made us a much better team. Even when Mizzou was pounding us into the fake grass, nobody looked like they were quitting. Far cry from last year. But Bo has a lot of work to do, and recruiting players for his system has to be job 1. This season isn't over, but .500 or less is a real possibility so there's not much to look forward to.

...between the Huskers and the Chiefs, I think I'm going to start bleeding from my eyes...

kstater
10-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I can't find a post I was looking for, but I did find these:

Turner Gill won't say no to Tom Osborne when he calls

ROFL

Welcome to college football, Skip. Glad you could join us. It will be funny when you disappear when KU starts losing.

LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Big Red Ryan. Forgot that one.

Brock
10-11-2010, 06:02 PM
This guy is a fucking joke.

Chocolate Hog
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Who? Sam Hall or Bill Callahan?

Brock
10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Who? Sam Hall or Bill Callahan?

Bill Callahan has made a living in football for a couple of decades. Sam Hall, well....

InChiefsHell
10-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Bill Callahan is now and will forever be a much bigger joke than Sam Hall.

kstater
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM

I'm gonna call it a push.

InChiefsHell
10-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm gonna call it a push.

ROFL

Saulbadguy
10-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Bill Callahan has made a living in football for a couple of decades. Sam Hall, well....

Sam Hall: "Theater 6, on your left. By the way, the newspaper will never die."

Brock
10-11-2010, 06:39 PM

More well-known, perhaps.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Sam Hall: "Theater 6, on your left. By the way, the newspaper will never die."

LMAO

listopencil
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
But, But.....He took the Raiders to a Super Bowl.....

No he didn't. Gruden took the Bucs and the Raiders to the Superbowl.

Bugeater
10-11-2010, 07:20 PM
WTF is this turd doing on the front page?

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2010, 08:47 PM
WTF is this turd doing on the front page?

Sam started yakking and it got bumped.

Bambi
10-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh I thought it was because Callahan is a Jets coach now.

Sam Hall
10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Our two KSU homers/stalkers need to let it go. I'm pretty sure they get e-mail alerts when I post something. Nebraska has been playing football for 120 years. Bill Callahan was the head coach for four of those years. This thread wasn't created for the entertainment of rival fans.

Bugeater
10-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Our two KSU homers/stalkers need to let it go. I'm pretty sure they get e-mail alerts when I post something. Nebraska has been playing football for 120 years. Bill Callahan was the head coach for four of those years. This thread wasn't created for the entertainment of rival fans.
What did you do that caused this to be brought back up?

Sam Hall
10-11-2010, 10:59 PM
What did you do that caused this to be brought back up?

It's in that knowledge thread. It's essentially the same old arguments. I've stayed out of it this season until now. I'll be glad when we start playing in the Big Ten. The fans of that conference have mostly welcomed us with enthusiasm. The Big 12 is all about hatred.

Brock
10-11-2010, 11:03 PM
This thread wasn't created for the entertainment of rival fans.

Ever heard of unintended consequences?

Bugeater
10-11-2010, 11:03 PM
It's in that knowledge thread. It's essentially the same old arguments. I've stayed out of it this season until now.
Ah, I only clicked onto that thread long enough to put it on ignore. I honestly don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks about the state, the program, the fans or anything else associated with any of it. It's all rooted in jealousy.

KcMizzou
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
It's in that knowledge thread. It's essentially the same old arguments. I've stayed out of it this season until now. I'll be glad when we start playing in the Big Ten. The fans of that conference have mostly welcomed us with enthusiasm. The Big 12 is all about hatred.Well now you just sound like Wickedson.

I'm sure all the rivalries in the Big 10 are about puppies and rainbows.

Sam Hall
10-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Ever heard of unintended consequences?

Yeah, but it's another thing to continually bring up the former head coach.

Sam Hall
10-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Well now you just sound like Wickedson.

I'm sure all the rivalries in the Big 10 are about puppies and rainbows.

It's just that the same old arguments are getting ridiculous. It won't be long before we aren't rivals anymore. There isn't much left that hasn't already been said. I'm ready to move on. I've enjoyed the individual team threads where we can discuss our teams mostly without interference from rival fans.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Ah, I only clicked onto that thread long enough to put it on ignore. I honestly don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks about the state, the program, the fans or anything else associated with any of it. It's all rooted in jealousy.
ROFL Yeah, I saw an awful lot of inbreds on Thursday night that I was jealous of.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2010, 07:02 AM
It's in that knowledge thread. It's essentially the same old arguments. I've stayed out of it this season until now. I'll be glad when we start playing in the Big Ten. The fans of that conference have mostly welcomed us with enthusiasm. The Big 12 is all about hatred.

You'll be crying about rival fans in the first 6 weeks of your season. It's what you do.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2010, 07:05 AM

Yes Sam, we get email alerts when you post. I have a pop up window that states:

"Classic Trap Game"

Saulbadguy
10-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Yes Sam, we get email alerts when you post. I have a pop up window that states:

I remember that. Wasn't that Texas Tech?

Sam Hall
10-12-2010, 07:12 AM
This comes down to two KSU homers who can't let it go. They know I have them on ignore, but they can't resist. It's the same high school insults and pettiness. It's been forever since I replied to something they posted. They don't have any current smack on me, so they have to go back a few years. I used to shoot from the hip. It's all they have since NU has turned it around.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2010, 07:17 AM
"It's all they have!" "Jealousy!!!!"

"VENOM! HATE!!!"

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I remember that. Wasn't that Texas Tech?

Oklahoma State University