PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh*t I just got back from Halloween Haunt

Nzoner
10-07-2007, 01:30 AM
at Worlds Of Fun and all I can say is 2 thumbs way up,best time I've ever had there in all my years.

Don't really know where to start but if you're into Halloween you have to check it out.Numerous haunted houses including Vampire Lore and The Blood Shed which was done up like something out of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.It was recommended for ages 14 and up only and the mrs about tore my Chiefs shirt off at every turn.Great special effects and the like.

They even have two areas of the midway where if you want to go from one end of the park to the other after 7p.m. you have no choice but to go through these one way pitch black fog and creature filled areas.

Okay I'm not going to give anymore away just get to this if you're into Halloween whatsoever.I'll try and bump this after Halloween to add some pics.

Here's a link (http://www.worldsoffun.com/public/inside_park/halloweekends/)

TODD
10-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Sweet....
I usually wait until this time of the year to go...not usually crowded..

Nzoner
10-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Sweet....
I usually wait until this time of the year to go...not usually crowded..

I don't know if it was the weather or what but yesterday was definitely crowded compared to my last couple of trips there.

burt
10-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't know if it was the weather or what but yesterday was definitely crowded compared to my last couple of trips there.

There are lots of us that have figured that the cost of haunted houses vs WOF haunted....well WOF is WAY the better value. Attendance will increase.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2007, 10:01 AM

I went there last year around this time while we were up there.

I agree, it was pretty cool. I couldnt do the haunted houses though since we have small children.

It was very crowded the night we went.

Nzoner
10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
There are lots of us that have figured that the cost of haunted houses vs WOF haunted....well WOF is WAY the better value. Attendance will increase.

Yeah,it is a great value and even though we did alot of the Halloween stuff we still missed 4 or 5 of the haunts,I especially wanted to go to Asylum Island over by Oceans Of fun but the wait was almost an hour and a half.

jiveturkey
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I actually work Saturday nights in Blood Shed. My buddy was working the Chain Saw this past Saturday. I'm inside hiding in the light.

It's a ton of fun.

I believe that this is their busiest time of year. If you're going to go Friday night is the time to do it.

Nzoner
10-08-2007, 03:06 PM
My buddy was working the Chain Saw this past Saturday.

He probably remembers us then,me and 3 girls,just as they got their backs to him he comes running after them and they literally ran up my back,so in the process of me trying to stay ahead of them I lost one of my flip flops.

You guys do a great job,Blood Shed was by far my favorite. :thumb:

Nzoner
10-13-2007, 10:08 AM
A friend e-mailed me some pics from our evening

Nzoner
10-13-2007, 10:11 AM

Nzoner
10-13-2007, 10:13 AM
killer clowns

Nzoner
10-13-2007, 10:16 AM

Nzoner
10-13-2007, 10:17 AM
The Blood Shed

Nzoner
10-13-2007, 10:18 AM

Nzoner
10-13-2007, 10:22 AM
!

Deberg_1990
10-13-2007, 10:46 AM

Nasty....that dog looks a little too real.

Bowser
10-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Heh. Took my daughter and her friends to this thing last year, and it scared the shit out of them. There was a ton of fog, and this guy would come running up scraping a shovel on the asphalt, making that gross scratching sound. Scared 'em real good. Fun times.

Phobia
10-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I can go to a haunted house just northeast of WOF and be just as scared for free. Pretty good cookies though. Quality beer in the fridge.

Nzoner
10-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Heh. Took my daughter and her friends to this thing last year, and it scared the shit out of them. There was a ton of fog, and this guy would come running up scraping a shovel on the asphalt, making that gross scratching sound. Scared 'em real good. Fun times.

heh I almost forgot I also won another stuffed animal for the gameroom on my first $5 too.