PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry to play today. Drug test "must be a mistake."

Douche Baggins
10-07-2007, 08:41 AM
What a piece of shit this guy is. Shanahan has no ethics whatsoever.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7100803#

After his first practice of the week today, Henry proclaimed himself healthy, saying "I'm going to play Sunday."

Confronting a one-year suspension for allegedly failing a drug test, Henry has sued the NFL in hopes of nullifying the test results. Henry said in court documents, "This must be a mistake."

Barring a legal upset, however, there is a strong chance the Broncos will not have the league's leading rusher for the final six or seven games of the season. If NFL administrators and lawyers have their way and Henry's case resorts back to league jurisdiction, Henry's season-ending suspension could start sooner.

dirk digler
10-07-2007, 08:42 AM
In all fairness I don't think Shanahan can sit him for something like this it is against the CBA.

dirk digler
10-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports that the Denver Broncos inserted language into the contract of running back Travis Henry requiring him to repay his entire $6 million signing bonus, or whatever portion of it that he actually has received, if he is suspended for drugs.

The problem with Len's report, however, is that the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiated by the league and the NFLPA in 2006 specifically prevents teams from having individually negotiated forfeiture provisions for violations of the substance abuse policy and/or the policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.

scott free
10-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Javon Walker says..."LEAVE THIS MAN ALONE, nobody here knows the truth...Travis is up there with Dr. Albert Schweitzer, Mother Theresa of Calcutta and...Ghandi".

Just ask his 9 kids...they'll say, "momma, wheres my Daddy???"

eazyb81
10-07-2007, 09:18 AM
So.....I guess that Selvin Young pickup was pointless.

Is anyone daring to start Young today?

I am facing the league leader and half of my team is on a bye. :banghead:

TheMainEvent
10-07-2007, 09:37 AM
ya, i can't blame shanahan for starting him, if you were in the situation I think you'd do the same. but its not right that supposed results showed he broke the policy, he should be suspended, no pending suspensions while they do more testing, thats rediculous & the NFL should have their shit together. 1 game could be the differance between making the playoffs in the end. I'll be pissed if the chiefs miss out of playoffs by 1 game cause the NFL let henry play a week when he should've been suspended and they won

DaFace
10-07-2007, 09:39 AM
ya, i can't blame shanahan for starting him, if you were in the situation I think you'd do the same. but its not right that supposed results showed he broke the policy, he should be suspended, no pending suspensions while they do more testing, thats rediculous & the NFL should have their shit together. 1 game could be the differance between making the playoffs in the end. I'll be pissed if the chiefs miss out of playoffs by 1 game cause the NFL let henry play a week when he should've been suspended and they won

The NFL isn't making any decisions here. While the appeal is in progress, I'm pretty sure the Broncos are required to let him play as if nothing had ever happened based on the CBA.

In all fairness I don't think Shanahan can sit him for something like this it is against the CBA.

That too.

bdeg
10-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Quote:Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports that the Denver Broncos inserted language into the contract of running back Travis Henry requiring him to repay his entire $6 million signing bonus, or whatever portion of it that he actually has received, if he is suspended for drugs.

The problem with Len's report, however, is that the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiated by the league and the NFLPA in 2006 specifically prevents teams from having individually negotiated forfeiture provisions for violations of the substance abuse policy and/or the policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.

Weird, the Broncos supposedly made the same deal with Marcus Thomas.

3rd&48ers
10-07-2007, 09:41 AM
read the last paragraph of this
9 babies by 9 different women
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3051568

milkman
10-07-2007, 09:50 AM

If I heard correctly, Henry got a court injunction to block the suspension while the courts decide if Henry has a case against the league.

Further, if I heard correctly, and the info is correct, then Henry hasn't a leg to stand on.

The league does have their shot together, but they still have to work within the leagl system.

TheMainEvent
10-07-2007, 10:14 AM
just heard o nfl countdown shanahan is gona make him have a lie detector test. thats awsome

BCD
10-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I think he will be suspended later this season. I don't have a problem with him now.

BCD
10-07-2007, 10:21 AM
The loss of Henry isn't going to hurt Denver, its that lousy front 7 thats gonna hurt them. LT is gonna GASH that D. I hope Norv pulls his head out of his ass long enough to run LT 30+ times.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes, it was all a big mistake. No Harm, no foul...

SNR
10-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Better keep Selvin Young in your lineup. I've got Henry in one of my leagues, and I'm going to have to be forced to keep both backs around until I know the whole story. It's not going to be fun :banghead: