PDA

View Full Version : Is Huard the problem in the red zone?

penchief
10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Could Croyle make a difference?

The thing I'm most impressed about with Croyle is that he attacks the defense. He's aggressive and makes quick decisions. In the red zone, that may give us something that we don't have right now.

Maybe the platoon situation could be putting Brodie in on goal line situations. We can't do any worse than we already are. If he's successful that will tell us faster than anything whether he's for real or not.

penchief
10-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Well?

I posted this at half time. Brodie has been able to do something in his first trip to the red zone that Huard has been unable to do with any success.

Luzap
10-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I would also like to see Brodie start, but we have to realize that although he'll do some great things for us, he'll also turn the ball over. Will we have a better record with Brodie? I don't know, but I'd like to find out.

Luz
but will the fans stand for rookie inconsistency???...

Reerun_KC
10-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Luz
but will the fans stand for rookie inconsistency???...

What about an 11 year vet career backup making the same mistakes or worse than a rookie would make....

At least the throws will get there and stop being timed by a sundial...

Luzap
10-07-2007, 02:09 PM
What about an 11 year vet career backup making the same mistakes or worse than a rookie would make....

At least the throws will get there and stop being timed by a sundial...

No, he won't make the same mistakes ~ he'll make more (and everyone needs to realize that).

Brodie is more agressive so he'll turn the ball over at times ~ but he also lacks experience and he'll turn the ball over forthat reason too...

Bottom line, he'll turn the ball over a LOT more, and the Chiefs are afraid they'll lose their fan base because of it.

Luz
most fans aren't sufisticated enough for a season like that...

penchief
10-07-2007, 02:13 PM
For me, it just comes down to scoring points. So far, Huard hasn't produced points. There's no reason to believe he will get any better. Croyle may make more mistakes but I've got a feeling that we'll score a hell of a lot more than we are now.

Plus, our defense has had their backs to the wall all year so I don't see how that will be any different. What's the difference between a long interception and a guaranteed punt? Not much, IMO.