PDA

View Full Version : I think most people agree Solari needs to go

ILChief
10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
so the question is, who do you replace him with?

We need a good OC. My pick would be Mike Shula. He was my choice for QB coach this year when we promoted Dickhead Curl. He was Brody's coach at Alabama so they have a good relationship.

Also, if Linehan or Childress get fired from the head coaching jobs they'd be people I'd look at.

But every time Solari takes a step forward, he then takes a step back. He needs to go. he's a heck of an OL coach but not a good OC.

J Diddy
10-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't think he called a bad game today. Passes were open, he threw when they had 8-9 in the box. The oline couldn't lead block there way out of a cereal box and I'm pretty sure huard was trying to kill some pigeons out there

NUMBER7
10-07-2007, 03:13 PM
It is the o-line and the lack of blocking by our RB...damn do some of you need to have an anvil fall on your head. Solari actually called a decent game today.

Fire Me Boy!
10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
I say we wait till week 8 when Norv Turner gets shitcanned.

L.A. Chieffan
10-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I LOVE MIKE SOLARI!@!

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Solari has done an excellent job two weeks in a row.

SBK
10-07-2007, 03:17 PM
People around here would find something to complain about if we had won 50-0. Haha.

cdcox
10-07-2007, 03:18 PM
This is Herm's offense. Dumping Solari might be necessary, but it would also be pointless if you stop there.

Bob Dole
10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
People around here would find something to complain about if we had won 50-0. Haha.

It would be cool if this team could do that and put your statement to the test.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Jimmy Raye?

(ducking for cover)

ILChief
10-07-2007, 03:20 PM

I'll give you last week.

But I'm sorry, going a whole game without sniffing the end zone until the last seconds is hardly "excellent".

I guess the word excellent means different things to us.

L.A. Chieffan
10-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Mike Solari is the hardest working coach in the NFL, and he's a CHRISTIAN! SO **** YOU JESUS HATER!

JuicesFlowing
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM

WHAT???????????????? Alright. "excellent" may be a stretch, but whatever. In Solari's defense, the O-Line played awful ... but I wouldn't go around calling Solari a hero ... he called the plays that weren't awful, that's all. He didn't do anything worth praising him for ... he does need to go.

dj56dt58
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
50? is DV coming back?

JuicesFlowing
10-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Mike Solari is the hardest working coach in the NFL, and he's a CHRISTIAN! SO **** YOU JESUS HATER!

And that's the dumbest comment I have ever read. Now it's a religious war. Great. Keep posting!

FringeNC
I much more concerned with getting the **** rid of Herm and his stooge, Dick Curl.

a1na2

Unfortunately that is not something that will ever happen during the reign of Hermit and Solari.

JuicesFlowing
50? is DV coming back?

No, no, no ... we don't play arena ball around here!

L.A. Chieffan
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
And that's the dumbest comment I have ever read. Now it's a religious war. Great. Keep posting!
WHY U HATE JESUS?

beach tribe
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Relax. Hes sarcasticly saying something Solaris daughter said with a little flair added in.

chiefs1okie
10-07-2007, 03:43 PM
It is the o-line and the lack of blocking by our RB...damn do some of you need to have an anvil fall on your head. Solari actually called a decent game today.
He called a decent first drive. Too bad some passes werent a little more accurate (Kennison in the end zone). The next series looked like we were going to be able to open up the rushing game if we kept pressure on the defensive backfield, but we didn't. Went back into conservative mode. There was not any deep threat after the first drive. None. If it weren't for yards after catch I would not have been surprised if we were held under 100 yards passing. I think every rush was at the tackles, nothing outside. The anvil fell on my head alright and the anvil was called reality. Solari's play calling along with Huards piss poor decisions are just awful. The only drive I remember us being aggresive was the first one. Period.

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I think every rush was at the tackles, nothing outside.

You think wrong.

TN_Chief
10-07-2007, 03:50 PM
If Solari is going then Herm needs to go to (please!). Earlier this season someone posted a quote from Herm...to paraphrase, basically it said that Herm wanted/expected his OC to do what he (Herm) told him to do.

Solari isn't doing anything that's not Herm-approved.

Frankie
10-07-2007, 03:50 PM
That first drive was Solari's. After the missed FG Herm went into his old shell and put the leash on Solari. I think Solari is a good OC if left alone.

siberian khatru
10-07-2007, 03:52 PM
I honestly don't know how much of it is Solari doing what Herm wants, Huard checking down too often out of what's called or Solari making bad calls to begin with.

Frankie
10-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Agreed.

BigRock
10-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I honestly don't know how much of it is Solari doing what Herm wants, Huard checking down too often out of what's called or Solari making bad calls to begin with.
Neither does anyone else, but it's more fun to pretend you know exactly what the problem is and demand that it be fixed.

Fruit Ninja
10-07-2007, 03:55 PM
H called an ok game. Huard just doesnt like to pull the trigger becuase he really cant. You can see that. He doesnt have a strong arm at all, and they float on anything passed 15 yards.

cdcox
10-07-2007, 04:02 PM

There is a fair amount of confusion here. But we do know the following:

1. Solari's first preference was to run to the Vermeil/Saunders offense.

2. Herm shitcanned that idea after one game. Maybe necessary after losing Green and the way the Bengals handled us.

3. At the end of last season, Herm announce that we were going to greatly simplify the offense AGAIN.

4. In most games, we have only started throwing down filed after we've fallen behind.

5. Herm hired Paul "Swing-Pass" Hackett after his fiasco with the Chiefs.

keg in kc
10-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

It'll probably be Jimmy Raye.

KCChiefsFan88
10-07-2007, 04:16 PM
so the question is, who do you replace him with?

We need a good OC. My pick would be Mike Shula. He was my choice for QB coach this year when we promoted Dickhead Curl. He was Brody's coach at Alabama so they have a good relationship.

Also, if Linehan or Childress get fired from the head coaching jobs they'd be people I'd look at.

But every time Solari takes a step forward, he then takes a step back. He needs to go. he's a heck of an OL coach but not a good OC.

Ask Tampa fans what they think of Mike Shula as an offensive coordinator.

KCChiefsFan88
10-07-2007, 04:17 PM
We should have hired Mike Martz as offensive coordinator. Actually we should have hired Martz as head coach but that is a different story.

Frankie
10-07-2007, 08:41 PM
We should have hired Mike Martz as offensive coordinator. Actually we should have hired Martz as head coach but that is a different story.
Martz as HC? Ah.... NO!

Frankie
10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

It'll probably be Jimmy Raye.
Now I'm gonna have nightmares for a month. :eek:

Rain Man
10-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Gotta be honest. I didn't see a bad game plan today. I just saw our running game getting stuffed time after time after time.

2bikemike
10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Just my $.02 but where I saw fault in the play calling was they kept trying to get LJ the ball. He was going no where. Everytime he touched the ball he was mugged as soon as he got it. And most of the time that was behind the LOS. It appeared to me everytime we got the ball moving through the air they would jump right back to LJ and kill the drive.

Mr. Laz
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
i still think it's the head coach

Solari might be fine under Vermeil etc

FAX
10-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Personally (and I can only listen through the miracle of radio), I thought that, from the standpoint of run/pass mix, Solari called a pretty good game today.

I think our running plays are extremely predictable, though. And our passing seems to be based on which receiver is closest to the LOS at the moment the ball is released. Other than that, I thought the playcalling wasn't bad.

FAX

Coach
10-07-2007, 09:10 PM
i still think it's the head coach

Solari might be fine under Vermeil etc
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v135/88/32/521761465/n521761465_352298_3681.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v135/88/32/521761465/n521761465_352297_2580.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v135/88/32/521761465/n521761465_352301_4786.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v135/88/32/521761465/n521761465_352299_4248.jpg

Valiant
10-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Everybody says Solari was a great Oline coach.. was it him or was it Shields/Roaf??

Also Herm and Solari should see that our straight ahead blocking is not working too well with our set of Olineman.. Maybe we should try to use zone blocking or Donk blocking...

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Martz as HC? Ah.... NO!

Yeah, the Chiefs wouldn't want anything to do with an offensive coordinator that oversaw the best offense in the league, took a grocery store bagger and turned him into the league MVP and won a Super Bowl with that team. Then as a follow up, took another team to the Super Bowl as a head coach.

Yeah, that's a terrible idea. :rolleyes:

JFC, some people are just f*cking stupid when it comes to football.

KC Jones
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Everybody says Solari was a great Oline coach.. was it him or was it Shields/Roaf??

Also Herm and Solari should see that our straight ahead blocking is not working too well with our set of Olineman.. Maybe we should try to use zone blocking or Donk blocking...

That's exactly what I was thinking today. If we're going to get pushed back at the line we might as well take out some knees and create a cutback lane.

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2007, 09:26 PM

Solari was the offensive line coach of the Chiefs from 1997-2005. It was more than Shields and Roaf.

:shake:

txhawk
10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm sure most of you remember when Priest was in his heyday. We would run left almost everytime in the redzone and the defense knew it was coming. That line was dominant. Defenses could do nothing about it.

Not much is different in the running plays we are calling now. Oh--except the lack of talent along the line.

You can try and change the blocking schemes, change offensive coordinators mid season, or any other ignorant dumbass idea you want the fact remains the talent on the Oline just isn't there. Oh yeah, the quarterback talent is among the 5 worst units in the league.

Talent people. The offensive lacks talent--at the most important positions.

Coach
10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Solari was the offensive line coach of the Chiefs from 1997-2005. It was more than Shields and Roaf.

The only person he probably developed is Brain Waters. That's all I really can think of. You could make a argument for Tait.

blueballs
10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
becareful what you wish for
because the next would be OC was mentioned
in your thread starter -DC

milkman
10-07-2007, 10:01 PM
The only person he probably developed is Brain Waters. That's all I really can think of. You could make a argument for Tait.

See, that's a misconception.

Solari, by his own admission, hasn't been a teacher for years.

The guy that Herman ****ing Edwards released from his duties as Asst. O-Line coach is the one most responsible for Waters development.

In reality, Solari has never developed any of the O-Lineman here.

Frankie
10-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah, the Chiefs wouldn't want anything to do with an offensive coordinator that oversaw the best offense in the league, took a grocery store bagger and turned him into the league MVP and won a Super Bowl with that team. Then as a follow up, took another team to the Super Bowl as a head coach.

Yeah, that's a terrible idea. :rolleyes:

JFC, some people are just f*cking stupid when it comes to football.
Hey, since you are not "f*cking stupid" you of course have noticed I was talking about Martz AS A HEAD COACH!!!!

Easy 6
10-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Linehan!?!?!?

Awww HAYYYELLL naw.

He's got more weapons in STL than the 101st Airborne Division & STILL sucks.

KCJohnny
10-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Linehan!?!?!?

Awww HAYYYELLL naw.

Wow. That's a lot of weapons. The 101st is the most powerful combat division in the world.

Coach
10-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Wow. That's a lot of weapons. The 101st is the most powerful combat division in the world.

Well, the Chiefs did have that in 2003-2005, offensively wise of course.

Would love for that kind to come back, with the defense we got right now. Unfortunately, it looks like that we're stuck with the "Butt-Sex football" weapon.

Easy 6
10-07-2007, 10:46 PM

Indeed they are & STL has that many weapons football-wise...yet still they flounder...2 HOF caliber WR's, All-Pro RB, All-Pro QB, playmaker TE & yet this team can barely score TD'S.

They did better today, but their probs started from day 1 of 07...when they still had Pace.

I'd consider just about anyone BUT Linehan.

whoman69
10-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I lay everything down on Herm Edwards. Herm wants a conservative smash mouth offense but we don't have that type of personnel. I think LJ can be that kind of back if you want to make his career very short, but the offense we've built is based on finess and quickness.
Solari was read the riot act last year in a pre-season game when he tried to take a couple of shots at the end zone near the end of the half. We ended up getting a penalty that took us out of field goal range and that was the end of any imagination going into our offense, and Solari had a chunk taken out of his ass. It shows the personality of Edwards, that its ok to get a field goal even when you should be shooting for a TD. I think he got too used to having a QB in New York that couldn't get the ball downfield, and he's transferred it to KC. Solari has his script coming from above.
We run when its expected to run and pass when its expected to pass. We had 19 completions today for less than 200 yards. That is a sign that we are not working to spread the field or get the ball downfield. I'm tired of giving up and accepting field goals. I'm tired of the automatic draw play when we have 3rd and 7.
Herm came in here and saw an offense that he blamed for the defensive woes. Does anyone here think that the moves that Edwards is taking with this team is working towards the ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl. The top teams today all have an offense that can put pressure on the other teams to keep up. We had that in Vermiel's offense, but problem was he forgot the defensive equation. The points we used to put on the board put pressure on our defense that they were just not ready for. Why can't we ever find a coach that is willing to shoot for excellence on both offense and defense?

KCChiefsFan88
10-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Linehan!?!?!?

Awww HAYYYELLL naw.

Linehan would be a great choice as OC if he is fired from the Lambs after the season.

He appears to be one of those guys who is a good offensive coordinator, but doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach (see Norv Turner).

Chiefnj2
10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
The OL can't run block at all.
Damon Huard is the QB.

Not much any coordinator could do.

Extra Point
10-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Solari will not be asked to return next season. Herm will put Curl in the booth upstairs, just to get him out of his face.

The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.
The folks beneath the bus go thump, thump, thump.

Valiant
10-08-2007, 10:48 AM

Really so what happened then??

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
The OL can't run block at all.
Damon Huard is the QB.

Not much any coordinator could do.
bull shite .....

then what happened with THESE players when we opened it up against Minnesota ...... against Chicago ..... san diego???

virtually EVERY time we've mixed up the play calling this year we've put points on the board ...... we just don't do it enough.

Chiefnj2
10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
bull shite .....

then what happened with THESE players when we opened it up against Minnesota ...... against Chicago ..... san diego???

virtually EVERY time we've mixed up the play calling this year we've put points on the board ...... we just don't do it enough.

They scored 10 points against Chicago (after getting numerous turnovers by the D).
They scored a whopping 13 points against the Vikings.

San Diego was a better performance against a horribly coached team.

You act like they put points on the board like the 2003 Chiefs. They didn't. They got a bit lucky that TG and DB made some fantastic catches.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
They scored 10 points against Chicago (after getting numerous turnovers by the D).
They scored a whopping 13 points against the Vikings.

San Diego was a better performance against a horribly coached team.

You act like they put points on the board like the 2003 Chiefs. They didn't. They got a bit lucky that TG and DB made some fantastic catches.
ok ..... so it's just strange coincidence that virtually every time we throw the ball on 1st down, more than we run it, that we score?

10 points chicago = coaches only opened up the offense for that long

13 points minnesota = coaches only opened up the offense for that long

1st drive against the Jags = offense opened up until we get inside the 30. Moved the ball fine until we slammed on the breaks with 3 straight running plays.

L.A. Chieffan
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
It seems like we're throwing on 1st down and not getting it. And then we're running on 3rd down and not getting it. HERMBALL RULES!

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 11:07 AM
He called a decent first drive. Too bad some passes werent a little more accurate (Kennison in the end zone). The next series looked like we were going to be able to open up the rushing game if we kept pressure on the defensive backfield, but we didn't. Went back into conservative mode. There was not any deep threat after the first drive. None. If it weren't for yards after catch I would not have been surprised if we were held under 100 yards passing. I think every rush was at the tackles, nothing outside. The anvil fell on my head alright and the anvil was called reality. Solari's play calling along with Huards piss poor decisions are just awful. The only drive I remember us being aggresive was the first one. Period.

How about the play where Tony was standing all by himself in the endzone, Huard performed his usual check down, no TD.

L.A. Chieffan
10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
How about the play where Tony was standing all by himself in the endzone, Huard performed his usual check down, no TD.
That was TG and Solari's fault. Huard can make no error. He's kinda like the Pope. Yeah.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Really so what happened then??

Have you guys ever wondered why the offensive line has slipped in the past 2 years? Could it be that Solari is no longer the O-line coach? :hmmm:

Jilly
10-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm gonna display a little of my ignorance here, but I have a question...okay, I have more than one, but I'll only ask one here... In years past there was a "go-to" play it seemed we always used....I'm not sure the name, but I think it's a slant to Gonzales...a little 6 or 8 yard pass, usually to the middle of the field.... is it me or does that play not exist anymore? And please, correct my terminology if it's wrong. And maybe I'm wrong, but it seems we rarely do any misdirections. Maybe Solari has Saunders playbook, but it seems he needs some help in how to use it....

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm gonna display a little of my ignorance here, but I have a question...okay, I have more than one, but I'll only ask one here... In years past there was a "go-to" play it seemed we always used....I'm not sure the name, but I think it's a slant to Gonzales...a little 6 or 8 yard pass, usually to the middle of the field.... is it me or does that play not exist anymore? And please, correct my terminology if it's wrong. And maybe I'm wrong, but it seems we rarely do any misdirections. Maybe Solari has Saunders playbook, but it seems he needs some help in how to use it....
are you talking about when Gonzo used to run to the middle of the field and just turn around ...... catch a "post up" pass?

if so ... yea we dont use it much anymore.

mabye cause Gonzo attracts so much attention now .... :shrug:

Jilly
10-08-2007, 11:21 AM
are you talking about when Gonzo used to run to the middle of the field and just turn around ...... catch a "post up" pass?

if so ... yea we dont use it much anymore.

mabye cause Gonzo attracts so much attention now .... :shrug:

yes, that's the one.... but he was always covered even then.

Chiefnj2
10-08-2007, 11:21 AM
1st drive against the Jags = offense opened up until we get inside the 30. Moved the ball fine until we slammed on the breaks with 3 straight running plays.

3 straight running plays huh?

1st and 10 at JAX 12 (12:16) L.Johnson up the middle to JAX 11 for 1 yard (M.Peterson).
2nd and 9 at JAX 11 (11:38) D.Huard pass short right to L.Johnson to JAX 13 for -2 yards (D.Smith).
3rd and 11 at JAX 13 (11:02) D.Huard pass incomplete short left to T.Gonzalez (B.McCray).

Valiant
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Have you guys ever wondered why the offensive line has slipped in the past 2 years? Could it be that Solari is no longer the O-line coach? :hmmm:

So let me get this straight.. Solari ignores the Oline now because he is an offensive coordinator??? He has no input whatsoever, man he must be really awesome..

ILChief
10-08-2007, 12:04 PM

I'm gonna say that it's 2 hall of famers have retired and the organization failed to acquire suitable replacements.

Frankie
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Solari will not be asked to return next season. Herm will put Curl in the booth upstairs, ....
Wash your mouth.

And go to your room.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2007, 01:54 PM
So let me get this straight.. Solari ignores the Oline now because he is an offensive coordinator??? He has no input whatsoever, man he must be really awesome..

Ignore? Did I say ignore?

His job is to COORDINATE the offense. That means to not only draw up and call the plays, but to make sure that the WR, RB's, TE's, QB's and OL are being taught the proper techniques and assignments for each play. He has coaches that are supposed to teach and implement said assignments.

I don't think he has the time to be the offensive line coach AND the offensive coordinator.

If anything, the new O-line coach will be thrown under the bus. And soon.

shyguyms
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM

i dont give a f^CK if he' satan, i want a coach that will try to call the right places.

Dave Lane
10-08-2007, 03:52 PM
I want Herm gone period end of story...

Dave