PDA

View Full Version : MESSAGE TO TRENT GREEN:

Frankie
10-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Chiefs fans love you and appreciate your heart and what you've done with us. Hope you will get well fast. Please retire and come back home and be OUR QB COACH!!

Reaper16
10-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Could work.

TN_Chief
10-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Trent, you're a good man. You're still pretty young and you've got a nice family. Hang it up before you scramble your egg.

Douche Baggins
Trent will never coach in the NFL.

NUMBER7
The man needs our prayers and thoughts more than any of us know.

Iowanian
10-07-2007, 02:49 PM
....or get healthy enough to play 70% of the snaps and then retire with what remains of your health.

MTG#10
10-07-2007, 02:49 PM
He cant be any worse than Dick Curl. I bet even after that hit today he could come back next week and play better than Huard.

Thig Lyfe
10-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Though I don't see him coaching, it would be nice to see him replace Len Dawson at Channel 9 when he retires from broadcasting.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I know you'd never post something without solid data to back it up so please enlighten us.

Otter
10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I'll bet he's reading this right now.

siberian khatru
10-07-2007, 02:53 PM

He's got broadcaster written all over him. More $$ that way, too.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Hes headed for a TV job when he retires....

Probably NFL Network.

KcMizzou
10-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Take care Trent.

KC still loves ya.

Douche Baggins
I know you'd never post something without solid data to back it up so please enlighten us.

Anyone who's not a friggin' moron can figure it out. I get tired of people posting TRENT COME AND COACH OUR OFFENSE OMGWTFBBQ! Trent has millions of dollars and a loving family. He spent a long career busting his ass in the NFL. Why bust ass as an assistant coach for comparative pennies?

Trent Green will never coach in the NFL. Stop acting like it's ever going to happen.

Thig Lyfe

I'll bet he can't identify more than half the letters of the alphabet right now.

NUMBER7
10-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Go back and watch Hard Knocks...Carl tells you what is waiting for Trent with the Chiefs.....no more Dick.

talastan
10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I think he'd love to come back here and coach for Kansas City. It's clear that this town has a special place in his heart. He's still got a house in the area IIRC. I think he'd be a Kick-ass OC. He's got that saavy OC mentality written all over his smiling face.

Iowanian
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM

I'll bet he thinks he's eating a corn dog in Cedar Rapids right now.

KcMizzou
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Anyone who's not a friggin' moron can figure it out. I get tired of people posting TRENT COME AND COACH OUR OFFENSE OMGWTFBBQ! Trent has millions of dollars and a loving family. He spent a long career busting his ass in the NFL. Why bust ass as an assistant coach for comparative pennies?

Trent Green will never coach in the NFL. Stop acting like it's ever going to happen.You're unusually cranky today.

Douche Baggins
10-07-2007, 02:58 PM
You're unusually cranky today.

This subject pisses me off. Always has, always will.

HEY MAYBE PRIEST CAN BE OUR RUNNING BACKS COACH!! WOO!

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-07-2007, 02:58 PM

Trent Green will never coach in the NFL. Stop acting like it's ever going to happen.
I wasn't acting like it was going to happen. I asked you how you knew, because you're always right. You're a sports writer after all.

TN_Chief
10-07-2007, 02:59 PM
You're unusually cranky today.Damon isn't coming over to spoon tonight.

Douche Baggins
10-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I wasn't acting like it was going to happen. I asked you how you knew, because you're always right. You're a sports writer after all.

It has nothing to do with me knowing anything. It's common sense.

Frankie
10-07-2007, 03:01 PM

That argument is valid for all of the ex-NFL players who ARE COACHING IN THE LEAGUE!!

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-07-2007, 03:01 PM
It has nothing to do with me knowing anything. It's common sense.
You mean like Croyle winning the starting job a few days into camp. That kind of common sense?

Douche Baggins
10-07-2007, 03:02 PM
You mean like Croyle winning the starting job a few days into camp. That kind of common sense?

I'm not sure who said Croyle won the starting job in camp. It sure wasn't me.

Douche Baggins
10-07-2007, 03:03 PM
That argument is valid for all of the ex-NFL players who ARE COACHING IN THE LEAGUE!!

Only because they made shit money while they were in the league.

Trent had a 50-million dollar contract in Kansas City. Find me ONE coach who ever had that kind of salary while he was in the league and I'll eat crow.

Frankie
10-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Neither was I when posting this thread. IT IS wishful thinking by this fan. But who knows? Apparently gochiefs knows for sure. :rolleyes:

Frankie
10-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Damon isn't coming over to spoon tonight.
ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure who said Croyle won the starting job in camp. It sure wasn't me.
Uh.............. yes it was.

ROFL

Douche Baggins
10-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Neither was I when posting this thread. IT IS wishful thinking by this fan. But who knows? Apparently gochiefs knows for sure. :rolleyes:

Like I said, it's common friggin' sense. You like Trent and want to see him associated with the Chiefs organization. That's nice. It's also wishful thinking to think he'd be a friggin' quarterbacks coach. He's much more likely to replace Len Dawson, who is getting up in years. And I bet that's what Carl was referring to.

Skip Towne
10-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Hahahahaha

Douche Baggins
10-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Uh.............. yes it was.

ROFL

Find one shred of proof. I never said anything close to what you are accusing me of saying. I said he looked good and he looked better than Huard. He did. I did NOT say he won the job.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Find one shred of proof. I never said anything close to what you are accusing me of saying. I said he looked good and he looked better than Huard. He did. I did NOT say he won the job.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

How soon they forget.

Douche Baggins
10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

How soon they forget.

I welcome your investigation, beer me. Find one shred of proof and I'll leave the forum for a month.

Skip Towne
10-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I welcome your investigation, beer me. Find one shred of proof and I'll leave the forum for a month.
You'd just welsh like you have done several times. You have no credibility or integrity.

JuicesFlowing
10-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I'll bet he can't identify more than half the letters of the alphabet right now.

What's your point? Leave the guy alone.

blueballs
10-07-2007, 03:16 PM
was the 5th rounde(4th is gone) conditional
does he have to stay on the Dolphins roster all season

Thig Lyfe
10-07-2007, 03:17 PM
What's your point? Leave the guy alone.

Um... my point is that he just received very serious trauma to the head and wouldn't be reading anything right now, much less this thread. You f*cking idiot.

the Talking Can
10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
"how many fingers am I holding up?"

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Messages to Trent Green? Sweet. I've got one. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Get well soon.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey GoChiefs,

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4111347#post4111347

I'm sure you'll find a way to weasel out of it but you said "Croyle has already beaten Huard" and that you were "100% convinced" he wouldn't choke and would be the starter.

See you in a month.

KcMizzou
10-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey GoChiefs,

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4111347#post4111347

I'm sure you'll find a way to weasel out of it but you said "Croyle has already beaten Huard" and that you were "100% convinced" he wouldn't choke and would be the starter.

See you in a month.Oh hell.. LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh hell.. LMAO
Should I give it it's own thread? Put the heat on?

jjchieffan
10-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Go back and watch Hard Knocks...Carl tells you what is waiting for Trent with the Chiefs.....no more Dick.

I wonder how genuine that was...and how much it was scripted to make CeePee look good to the viewers.

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I think he'd love to come back here and coach for Kansas City. It's clear that this town has a special place in his heart. He's still got a house in the area IIRC. I think he'd be a Kick-ass OC. He's got that saavy OC mentality written all over his smiling face.

Trent Green will never coach in the NFL. Besides the fact that he's made in excess of $35 million dollars as a player, he's already stated that he would never put in the hours necessary to coach in the NFL.

Frankie, please name an ex-player who made in excess of $30 million dollars in the NFL, let alone $2 million that is currently ever coached in the NFL. The overwhelming majority of ex-NFL players who became coaches didn't have a million dollar contract, let alone a multi-million dollar contract during their playing days.

Floridafan
10-07-2007, 04:16 PM

And you know this how?

Bwana
10-07-2007, 04:22 PM
He guy needs to hang it up and sit in the booth. Trent has all the money he needs. One more shot to the bean and he may need a bib to eat dinner. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose by getting on the field again.

JazzzLovr
10-07-2007, 04:26 PM
He guy needs to hang it up and sit in the booth. Trent has all the money he needs. One more shot to the bean and he may need a bib to eat dinner. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose by getting on the field again.

Couldn't agree more. I was just sick when I heard that news today.

mcan
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Guy #1: My daughter is going through a divorce.

Guy #2: Wow, that's terrible, which daughter?

Guy #1: Lisa, my youngest...

Guy #2: Oh Jesus, the hot one! Maybe she'll go out with me.

Guy #1: Uhh... I hope you're kidding. You're not her type anyway.

Guy #2: What do mean? I'm awesome! You even said so.

Guy #1: The day I say you're awesome enough for my daughter is the day I slit my wrists.

Guy #2: You said at bowling about a month ago, "Awesome strike Dave, for an awesome guy!" I even wrote it down.

Guy #1: Sh!t Dave, that's not...

Guy #2: Good luck slitting your wrists bro. Remember, up and down, not side to side... That's bush league suicide.

Guy #1: Go to hell Dave.

memyselfI
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Bravo. Great post. I wish he'd retire while he can still string together a sentence and while he'll look soooo fantastic in the announcer booth.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
I was truly sad when I saw what happened to Trent...

I hope he's ok.

big nasty kcnut
10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Get well trent maybe rain man will do a get well poll for you.

tommykat
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
I wish he would have retired a Chief.....Good luck Trent and God be with you as you know "He" is! Julie, be strong, you have a good man. Take your faith and it will work. ;)

Thig Lyfe
10-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Get well trent maybe rain man will do a get well poll for you.

Er... just what might that entail?

Do you want Trent Green to recover from his injury?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Gaz

big nasty kcnut
10-07-2007, 07:25 PM
No the poll would be if do you think trent should get ice cream or pizza or beer.

a1na2
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM

He might be a sports writer but he doesn't know $#!t about football.

memyselfI
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Some encouraging news about Trent's condition:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolgame100707,0,146297.story?coll=sfl-yourmoney%22

HOUSTON - Another heartbreaking Dolphins' loss seemed lost in a postgame locker room buoyed by the presence of quarterback Trent Green just a few hours after he had been lying motionless on the 40-yard line of a library-quiet Reliant Stadium.

Green sustained a concussion after taking an inadvertent knee to the side of the head from Travis Johnson while attempting to block the 315-pound defensive tackle with 3:13 left in the first quarter. With his teammates locked in prayer at midfield, Green - who sustained a more serious concussion in the Chiefs' 2006 season opener - was taken off the field on a gurney to a nearby hospital for observation.

To maker matters worse, Johnson stood over Green and taunted the unconscious father of three.

But there he was after the game, wearing a smile and a bandage behind his left ear as a reminder of the frightening incident, and making the airplane trip home with his teammates. :clap:

Frankie
10-08-2007, 12:05 PM
I've been thinking about this thread and gochiefs' argument. Should Green have any HC ambitions (instead of the broadcast booth), why not start coaching our QBs with an eye on moving up to OC? Just another possible insentive to make this scenario a bit more plausible.

ZepSinger
10-08-2007, 12:10 PM

Actually, he's probably receiving this thread via telepathic brain waves. Kind of like when Gilligan was able to pull in radio stations on his tooth after getting clocked in the jaw... :)

Seriously- Trent, you're a warrior; but it's time to get out of the biz, enjoy the family and appreciate all you have....