PDA

View Full Version : Did Trent concuss himself

Virtua Chief
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM
or is this guy a dick?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=4B1250406F3D4CE70441DE48920D4CC2?id=09000d5d803069b1&template=without-video&confirm=true

Texans defensive tackle Travis Johnson hit Green in the head with his knee before Ginn was tackled by Anthony Weaver. After the play ended, Johnson stood over Green and taunted him, drawing a 15-yard penalty.

Johnson apologized to Houston coach Gary Kubiak during the game for the penalty. But Johnson was furious later, accusing Green of blocking him at the knees on purpose.

"The bottom line is, it was a malicious hit. It was uncalled for," Johnson said. "He's like the scarecrow. He wants to get courage while I wasn't looking, and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head. God don't like ugly, you know what I mean?

"My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today," Johnson said. "If you want to hit me, hit me in my head, hit me in my chest, don't hit me in my knee. I'm trying to eat just like everybody else. So, to hit me like that, that showed me what type of man he is."

Basileus777
10-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Travis Johnson is a moran and a douchebag.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Travis Henry is a moran and a douchebag.

and so is Travis Johnson. I hope the NFL finds a way to fine him.

KcMizzou
10-07-2007, 05:45 PM
or is this guy a dick?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=4B1250406F3D4CE70441DE48920D4CC2?id=09000d5d803069b1&template=without-video&confirm=true

Texans defensive tackle Travis Johnson hit Green in the head with his knee before Ginn was tackled by Anthony Weaver. After the play ended, Johnson stood over Green and taunted him, drawing a 15-yard penalty.

Johnson apologized to Houston coach Gary Kubiak during the game for the penalty. But Johnson was furious later, accusing Green of blocking him at the knees on purpose.

"The bottom line is, it was a malicious hit. It was uncalled for," Johnson said. "He's like the scarecrow. He wants to get courage while I wasn't looking, and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head. God don't like ugly, you know what I mean?

"My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today," Johnson said. "If you want to hit me, hit me in my head, hit me in my chest, don't hit me in my knee. I'm trying to eat just like everybody else. So, to hit me like that, that showed me what type of man he is."What the ****? Seriously?

Sure-Oz
10-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Sounds like travis johnson prefers giving blows to the head

Basileus777
10-07-2007, 05:52 PM

Freudian slip. :)

He should definitely be fined for that celebration.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Freudian slip. :)

He should definitely be fined for that celebration.

Freudian slip? Do you find Travis Henry attractive? That's a joke.

bobbything
10-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow. Just, wow.

That guy deserves whatever pain he has in his knee after that statement.

Basileus777
10-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow. Just, wow.

That guy deserves whatever pain he has in his knee after that statement.

His comment is especially hypocritical considering the Texan's offense uses the cut-blocking scheme. If a guy ever deserved a Tom Nalen cheapshot, its this guy.

KcMizzou
10-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow. Just, wow.

That guy deserves whatever pain he has in his knee after that statement.He deserves a lot more than that.

**** that shitbag.

RJ
10-07-2007, 06:01 PM
How dare Trent hit that guy in the knee with his head?

Wa-Z
10-07-2007, 06:06 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/players_l/20070814/7192.jpg?x=106&y=138&xc=1&yc=1&wc=165&hc=215&q=100&sig=DMWRmLk55j2xt3nIVsOOzQ--

Word Up!

Thig Lyfe
10-07-2007, 06:06 PM
"He's like the scarecrow. He wants to get courage

Evidently he needs to brush up on his L. Frank Baum.

TN_Chief
10-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't like the way the guy said it...but I understand what he's getting at. If you breathe on a QB wrong you get flagged and fined. But that same QB goes for your knees (and let's face it, that's pretty much all Trent was going to block considering that he dove/kneeled right in front of the guy) and it's A-OK.

I'm sure when he was taunting Green he didn't know how hurt he was. The language sucks, but IMO where he's coming from is legit.

ClevelandBronco
10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Travis Henry is a moran and a douchebag.

Travis Johnson is a moran and a douchebag.

And so is Travis Henry. You were correct both times.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2007, 06:18 PM
And so is Travis Henry. You were correct both times.

I remember reading a comment you made on the Mane last year regarding Green's concussion against the Bengals. I don't remember it exactly, but I agree wholeheartedly with it right now.

FRCDFED
10-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't like the way the guy said it...but I understand what he's getting at. If you breathe on a QB wrong you get flagged and fined. But that same QB goes for your knees (and let's face it, that's pretty much all Trent was going to block considering that he dove/kneeled right in front of the guy) and it's A-OK.

I'm sure when he was taunting Green he didn't know how hurt he was. The language sucks, but IMO where he's coming from is legit.
True, I hope Trent is all right but that was a cheap shot to the knees. If that would've happened to a QB then everyone would be up in arms. From what I could tell he didn't even see the hit coming. That could've very easily been career ending.

KcMizzou
10-07-2007, 06:43 PM
True, I hope Trent is all right but that was a cheap shot to the knees. If that would've happened to a QB then everyone would be up in arms. From what I could tell he didn't even see the hit coming. That could've very easily been career ending.Is it your opinion that QB's should block D linemen up around the shoulders?

ClevelandBronco
10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I remember reading a comment you made on the Mane last year regarding Green's concussion against the Bengals. I don't remember it exactly, but I agree wholeheartedly with it right now.

I don't recall. I've taken my share of shots to the melon...

Sure-Oz
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Is it your opinion that QB's should block D linemen up around the shoulders?
it's impossible for them to do that and they would get thrown like a rag doll. That linemans just poed cause trent took his ass down

TN_Chief
10-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Is it your opinion that QB's should block D linemen up around the shoulders?This isn't a QB or DL or OL question. It's a football player question. All players should be held to the same standard. Saying a QB can't effectively block a D-lineman...guess what, he's not supposed to effectively block a D-lineman. Like I wrote earlier/elsewhere...I don't think Trent was being malicious, but he was still going for the guy's knees. That ain't right.

Basileus777
10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
This isn't a QB or DL or OL question. It's a football player question. All players should be held to the same standard. Saying a QB can't effectively block a D-lineman...guess what, he's not supposed to effectively block a D-lineman. Like I wrote earlier/elsewhere...I don't think Trent was being malicious, but he was still going for the guy's knees. That ain't right.

According to league rule it is perfectly acceptable. Teams build their entire offenses on making those kind of blocks, including Travis Johnson's own team. And yet I somehow doubt Johnson is concerned about the knees of the opposing teams' dlinemen.