PDA

View Full Version : Shannahan vs Herm

HonestChieffan
10-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I have never liked Herm. I wished he was gone before we hired him. But as much as I dislike him, seeing Shanny go onto the rocks is so sweet it almost wipes out my Herm hate...for a bit, not long, but some.

Once I got the mange to open...seems the server is a bit overloaded, its clear Denver DonkFan is in meltdown. So very good.

Difference is we have low expectations knowing Herm is a dillwad. Donk fan with his manlove for the rat is in danger of their collective heads exploding.

Good Game Rat. Now drive that ship even deeper onto the shore.

siberian khatru
10-07-2007, 05:55 PM
They are thisclose to being 0-5. I know it doesn't work that way, but still ...

FringeNC
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
They are thisclose to being 0-5. I know it doesn't work that way, but still ...

We could easily be 0-5, too. At least Shanahan realizes the goal is to win the SB, not "make the playoffs". He switched to Cutler last year in the midst of a playoff race because he knew Plummer couldn't win playoff games. Herm, on the other hand, sticks to a far lesser QB than Jake Plummer just so we will go 7-9 instead of 6-10.

Basileus777
10-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Shanahan's main problem is that he is terrible at evaluating talent. The Broncos are old and lack talent because they draft poorly.

Denver's run defense is terrible, but with the personnel they have running it, it should be terrible. They have one of the worst defensive front sevens in the league.

siberian khatru
10-07-2007, 06:33 PM
We could easily be 0-5, too. At least Shanahan realizes the goal is to win the SB, not "make the playoffs". He switched to Cutler last year in the midst of a playoff race because he knew Plummer couldn't win playoff games. Herm, on the other hand, sticks to a far lesser QB than Jake Plummer just so we will go 7-9 instead of 6-10.

They're a lot closer to 0-5 -- two last-play FGs in regulation. But like I said, it doesn't work that way. They won both games. Period.

I agree with the rest of your post.

HonestChieffan
10-07-2007, 06:34 PM

Win the Super Bowl?

How did the Donks do in the playoffs last year? OOps my bad. CutlerShanny Donks didnt make it into playoffs last year.

Never mind.

Buehler445
10-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I watched the game. All I have to say is....HAHA

tk13
10-07-2007, 06:48 PM
I'd strongly disagree... Shanahan always plays it year-to-year... stays right up against the salary cap. Picks up other teams rejects, trades away RB's, busts on draft picks. He's not afraid to turn the roster over year after year.

Herm's at least trying to build a young core group of players that will compete after he's gone. Just because we haven't played Croyle yet doesn't erase that. Cutler didn't become the starter until after Thanksgiving last year. And I'm pretty sure Croyle will see the field eventually... maybe sooner than later.

siberian khatru
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
I'd strongly disagree... Shanahan always plays it year-to-year... stays right up against the salary cap. Picks up other teams rejects, trades away RB's, busts on draft picks. He's not afraid to turn the roster over year after year.

Herm's at least trying to build a young core group of players that will compete after he's gone. Just because we haven't played Croyle yet doesn't erase that. Cutler didn't become the starter until after Thanksgiving last year. And I'm pretty sure Croyle will see the field eventually... maybe sooner than later.

Do you think Herm would switch to Croyle if the Chiefs were 7-4 and in the playoff hunt?

Mile High Mania
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Denver has looked bad, but this whole division pretty much stinks right now.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2007, 06:59 PM

1-4 maybe. 0-5 not at all. We handled San Diego last week.

HonestChieffan
10-07-2007, 07:01 PM
This is not about the division actually. NIce attempt to deflect.

The great Ratship in Denver has stunk to a new low.

Lets go to Travis' and roll a fatty till this passes over.

tk13
10-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Do you think Herm would switch to Croyle if the Chiefs were 7-4 and in the playoff hunt?
If Huard was floundering like Plummer was, then I think it's possible. Plummer was not playing well. I just don't get the feeling Herm is preoccupied thinking "must go 10-6" like everyone else.

I think that's more Carl than Herm, and Herm is geniunely bringing Croyle at the pace he thinks is necessary. I mean, I'd like to see Croyle... but I think if Herm thought Croyle was genuinely ready to play, he'd already be starting.

Mr. Laz
10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
one more loss and Herm makes the switch to Croyle

even though the problem isn't Huard