PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else concerned about LJ's lack of "toughness"?

wutamess
10-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm sitting there thinking... WTF!

There was one play where LJ was one on one against a DB and he stiff armed him & went out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulders and plowing him over and picking up extra yards. I think it was 2nd down and those extra coupla yards would've made it like 3 & 1-2 instead of 3rd and 4-5.

He's been doing this all freaking year though. It's like he's been pouting the entire season and just because things aren't going his way he's not going to "play hard'. I see Randy Moss II developing here.

That's all I got.

HonestChieffan
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Tough...no doubt. Motivated? No way. Lil Larry does not care...watch his runs...see his footwork...he isnt trying to make a difference.

Lil Larry got his 19 large in the bank.

Chiefaholic
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
He got paid.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-07-2007, 06:05 PM
ive definitely noticed LJ is kinda being a pussy about things and not running upfield. He loses yardage when he could pull a couple more out of the play... why the **** does this shit always happen to us in KC!? sign big money deals, then they shit themselves....

keg in kc
10-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure what people are expecting. He's getting hit in the backfield more often than not. He's never been superman, and that's exactly who it would take to run for this team right now. When they finally open some holes he'll get yards. It's kind of hard to run over people when you can't even get to the 'run' part of 'run over' because you have guys wrapping you up .3 seconds after the handoff.

If anything, he looks frustrated to me, in a sort of flabbergasted way.

Maybe that's where 'flustrated' comes from.

My guess is when he can get a few holes, we'll see more runs like the one that ended last week's game.

jidar
10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
He's being a complete ****ing pussy, no doubt about it. Instead of lowering his shoulder and driving into guys like he used to he's just slowing down and taking the tackle, it's ****ing pathetic. They ought to ****ing bench his ass to be honest.

RustShack
10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Bring on Priest Holmes! Maybe throw Kolby Smith a few carries and see what he's got. He got a little further than LJ did on some of the passes.

jidar
10-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure what people are expecting. He's getting hit in the backfield more often than not. He's never been superman, and that's exactly who it would take to run for this team right now. When they finally open some holes he'll get yards. It's kind of hard to run over people when you can't even get to the 'run' part of 'run over' because you have guys wrapping you up .3 seconds after the handoff.

My guess is when he can get a few holes, we'll see more runs like the one that ended last week's game.

Don't give me that "no holes" shit. Sure he's not getting holes but he's not trying to make any either. He used to run over guys now he just slows down to get tackled. The worst of it was those two plays in the flats back to back, pathetic how he just gave up.

Direckshun
10-07-2007, 06:10 PM
This is a bizarre conversation.

LJ just isn't running with heart.

I understand the blocking isn't there, but it wasn't exactly exemplary last season and LJ broke 100 far more often than not.

tk13
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I thought this started happening last year. I'm not sure it's an attitude thing... I think part of it might just be him wearing down. I didn't think he looked as good in '06 as he did in '05. The offense, etc, probably has something to do with that. But even in one-on-one situations he wasn't always breaking that one extra arm or leg tackle he always busted loose before. At his best he was a beast to bring down every single play, but that can't last forever.

dshyne101
U know what real talk i would say that i am LJ's biggest fan but like the rest i 2 have noticed he isnt running with the authority he used 2 i know he is a lil nicked up and i hope thats the reason its like that but other wise this shit has got 2 stop LJ has got 2 do better but like i said i support LJ 100% so i still think its the O-lines fault 4 this mess.

CoMoChief
Don't give me that "no holes" shit. Sure he's not getting holes but he's not trying to make any either. He used to run over guys now he just slows down to get tackled. The worst of it was those two plays in the flats back to back, pathetic how he just gave up.
I dont think you understand just how ****ing terrible this team's ability to run block is. Teams are loading up the box and forcing Huard to beat them. It's really as simple as that.

suds79
10-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Let me 1st say I think our main problem is with the O-line.

Having said that, in the off season I pointed out how I didn't want them to pay a big contract extension to a RB who just broke 400 carries. HISTORICALLY, they have all had down years the next year and most of them never rebound.

The way I figure it, by the time the O-line hopefully gets back into shape, LJ will be around 30. Just in time for his body to completely crap out. :shake:

Bad things man. They should of delt him.

keg in kc
10-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I should have mentioned this in my last post: I think the real problem is the hamstring injury, which I is believe real and worse than we're being told. He looks slow to me, and not in a 'lack of effort' sense. I think he's playing hurt, which to me is itself is a comment about both his toughness and his dedication.

It actually reminds me of how Tony Gonzalez has looked the last several years with his foot problems. It's like he's frustrated that he can't do more. I see that in LJ, although I guess I'm the only one.

He is, however, the focal point of the roster, being both the highest paid and most visible player, so he's obviously going to be the target when things go bad. Comes with the territory.

wutamess
10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I dont think you understand just how ****ing terrible this team's ability to run block is. Teams are loading up the box and forcing Huard to beat them. It's really as simple as that.

My WTF moment was when LJ was out near the sideline and I think he had gotten like 3-4 yards and was 1 on 1 with a db and opted to run out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder.

That has nothing to do with run blocking as he was already released. Again, he's not going to get a lot of yardage when Huard, Solari and Herm aren't scaring anyone from dumping 8-9 in the box.

Buehler445
10-07-2007, 06:17 PM
LJ looks slow to me. I know that sometimes he is waiting for a hole to develop, but other times, particularly if he gets it to the secondary. He just looks slow.

Kolby Smith has been playing well from what I can tell on ST. He may be worth a shot.

I LOVE your avatar Direckshun.

wutamess
10-07-2007, 06:21 PM
He is, however, the focal point of the roster, being both the highest paid and most visible player, so he's obviously going to be the target when things go bad. Comes with the territory.

Beg to differ please...
Our O-line is horrible. Solari & Herm are the main targets I criticize. unfortunately, LJ can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit so I'm not expecting him to. All I'm asking for is to run over a DB put his head down... Be more like, Jim Brown who he claims that's who he runs like. I just haven't seen him deliver a shot this year as I've seen in years past.

blueballs
10-07-2007, 06:29 PM
He doesn't stay out and play as much this year
and I don't think he is taking himself out
the hammy must not be right yet

HonestChieffan
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Same O line gives even flat footed slow Huard time to pass.

Its not all O line...its more lil Larry

Easy 6
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I think its a perfect time to use one of my favorite sayings..."the truth is usually somewhere in the middle".

The lines blocking has been PISS POOR, a lot of the calls have been PISS POOR & instead of laying down the hammer like in years past, LJ has started to get the "woe is me" attitude & isnt trying as hard....similar to Ricky Waters with his..."why should i try to catch that ball???...for who???...for what???"

EVERBODY gets some blame for this disaster, anytime its THIS bad...ITS EVERYONES FAULT.

stevieray
10-07-2007, 06:38 PM
He was wearing a wrap on the hammy today, FWiW...but he definitely isn't 100%, for whatever reason...I really hope it isn't about the coin, or DV had him pegged...

KCChiefsMan
10-07-2007, 06:40 PM
we need to piss him off somehow

NUMBER7
10-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Larry didn't block in college...why do we expect him to block now.

blueballs
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Big Daddy hates cocky blockers

Kclee
10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Larry didn't block in college...why do we expect him to block now.

Larry didn't get paid in college, why do we pay him now?

stevieray
10-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Big Daddy hates cocky blockers

squirrel finds a nut...

jjchieffan
10-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, by the looks of the sunday night game, we will soon be the worst rushing team in the NFL. We are 31 now, and the Packers are 32, but the Packers are actually running the ball tonight. We did better than this with Greg "the real deal" Hill.

Mr. Laz
10-07-2007, 07:01 PM
i don't know why anyone is surprised

LJ had "attitude problem" written all over him pretty much from the start.

Vermeil pissed him off and got some production

why some of us thought it might be better to trade him than give him big money.

when things are going great .... larry will be fine

but when times get tough, he turns possy

i'd trade him straight up for maurice jones-drew if we hadn't dump all the money on him already.

larry johnson = randy moss

tommykat
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
First blame Solair? Offenvise Coach.....:eek: What an idiot we have! Secong? $$$$$ and LJ speaks volumes...He doesn't have a chance. they have his number.Whatever, I did see Priest several times today on the sideline...........I wish they would just give him a chance. :rolleyes: I know that won't happen, Bennett is better than LJ :D

Oh well just vented....:D

hawkchief
10-07-2007, 07:26 PM
There were plenty on here that wanted Johnson traded this off-season when we had the chance. There were several good reasons, none more valid than his primma donna, cancerous personality. As usual, Carl Peterson let his ego dictate his decision, and he re-signed Larry, as he represents "success" to Carl, as one of his few worthwhile draft picks.

Larry wanted, and got the $$$$$. Carl thought it made him look relevant.

Many, save Carl, knew signing him long-term would be a regrettable decision, and it has been/will be. Probably could have gotten a decent back AND a O line starter in return for him, but once again, Carl fugged it up.

RedThat
10-07-2007, 07:30 PM

i'd trade him straight up for maurice jones-drew if we hadn't dump all the money on him already.

LOL...are you serious? You would trade LJ straight up for Jones-Drew?

LJ is a more talented runner than Jones-Drew. I would trade him for a first round pick instead.

OnTheWarpath58
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM
My WTF moment was when LJ was out near the sideline and I think he had gotten like 3-4 yards and was 1 on 1 with a db and opted to run out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder.

That has nothing to do with run blocking as he was already released. Again, he's not going to get a lot of yardage when Huard, Solari and Herm aren't scaring anyone from dumping 8-9 in the box.

Regarding this play, I'm with you 100%

It was actually kinda funny when it happened. I swear there were 4-5 of us right around me who all said WTF at the exact same time when he ran OB.

When did LJ decide he can't run over a freaking CB?

A guy behind me made an interesting comment about LJ today.

He said it looks like LJ is almost running like he EXPECTS there to be no holes, to get met in the backfield. So even when there ARE holes, he's late in getting to them.

Not sure I necessarily agree, but I'd sure like to see tapes of past games to see if there's anything to it.

the Talking Can
10-07-2007, 07:52 PM
i don't know why, but he is not running as hard and he is giving up on plays...

RedThat
10-07-2007, 07:53 PM
i don't know why, but he is not running as hard and he is giving up on plays...

It's because he has an attitude problem.

Mr. Laz
10-07-2007, 07:56 PM
LOL...are you serious? You would trade LJ straight up for Jones-Drew?

LJ is a more talented runner than Jones-Drew. I would trade him for a first round pick instead.

yea ..... and Randy Moss has more talent than any other receiver in the league.

sometimes a good attitude and work ethic trumps talent.

i wonder how many practice days LJ will miss this week?

FAX
10-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Nothing says, "I'm a stud" like throwing your helmet at a locker.

FAX

Chieftain58
10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
He's my fantasy keeper! What a joke he's been!

jettio
10-07-2007, 08:22 PM
LJ is playing soft and is not in shape. He is wearing pants that looks like his great-grandma's bloomers, and he is not competing.

I don't know if Priest is getting in shape, but if he is really trying to get in shape and compete, he has a good chance of outperforming LJ this year.

LJ and his agent exaggerated how hard he was working out while holding out. He ain't in shape and he is not showing any heart.

suds79
10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
IMO

It's not LJs shape, hart or work ethic.

It's the fact that he isn't running being to HOFers and just like every other back who has broken 380 or more carries in a season, he's having a down year from the beating.

There's a really good chance that we'll never see the LJ of 2 years ago ever again.

Guru
10-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Great, New England will land him too and resurrect him.

jettio
10-07-2007, 08:35 PM
IMO

It's the fact that he isn't running being to HOFers and just like every other back who has broken 380 or more carries in a season, he's having a down year from the beating.

There's a really good chance that we'll never see the LJ of 2 years ago ever again.

He had plenty of time to get in shape and get ready for the season. He did not put in the work and that did not have anything to do with how many carries he had last season.

If he wants to remain and elite NFL back he needs to work as hard as he did to become one. LJ did not work to get ready for the season and he is playing like a sissy.

Phobia
10-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I think LJ looks in better physical condition than any year in the past. He's pretty ripped up.

KC Jones
10-07-2007, 08:41 PM
He's tip-toeing around looking for huge holes to open. Only there aren't any so he gets hit while tip toeing around. He needs to just start pounding the ball in there and getting what he can.

jettio
10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I think LJ looks in better physical condition than any year in the past. He's pretty ripped up.

That must be why he is wearing bloomers and has not flashed any speed, jump cuts, of any of the other skills that he has shown before.

Who cares what he looks like? This is NFL football. I am talking about physical performance on the field. The pre-2007 LJ was ready to run with speed, moves and heart. The 2007 LJ is not fit and is making nobody miss.

Hopefully next year, he will put in the work to have a good year.

Halfcan
10-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Too bad we gave him the cash-what a pussy.

patteeu
10-07-2007, 09:55 PM

Instead of pausing and waiting for a big hole to open up so he can get the big run, LJ needs to hit whatever crack is there hard an take whatever he can get even if that's only 2 or 3 yards a pop. It would be better than the losses and 1/2 yard runs he's been getting with the current approach. I'm not cutting the O-line any slack, but LJ isn't doing his job either. He's not being hit before he can react, as you suggest, nearly as often as he's getting to the line and pulling the ballerina act before the defenders close in on him.

patteeu
10-07-2007, 09:59 PM

I didn't see Jacksonville loading the box much today and they owned both the offensive line and LJ in the running game. You simply can't put all of the blame on the o-line. As bad as they've been, LJ hasn't done much to maximize his opportunities.

wutamess
10-07-2007, 10:07 PM
IMO

WOW!
Is there an english translation of this?