PDA

View Full Version : Time for Niswanger?

Mr. Laz
10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
seriously ..... wiegmann is just killing us

he has to have help on every play which means our guards are tied up and can't pull or slide outside.

i'm sure that niswanger isn't as good as wiegmann right now but we desperately need more size if we are gonna be running this high school-esque type offense.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
YES

ANYTHING

WEIGMANN IS AWFUL

Basileus777
10-07-2007, 07:18 PM
No center can handle Stroud/Henderson without help. As bad as our interior line really is, we have faced the two best DT tandems in the league so far this year. In fact every team we have faced this year has a good interior defensive line. But, yeah Wiegmann is done.

Iowanian
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Its not been very easy sample set, given the DTs of Chicago, Minn, Sandy Eggo and Jax....likely about as tough of a set of interior Dlinemen as the league could schedule in a row.

I think Wiegman could play for a team running an offense that requires more pulls and counters.....like we used to run.

The Survivor broad ruined him....but he isn't big enough to be a good pure run blocker and age has gotten to him.

I'm not sure if Niswanger is the answer....but it wouldn't hurt to try something different.

I'd also like to re-iterate that it irritates me that with the run blocking struggles, there isn't a lead blocker.

PSS...other than the first series today(taking the shots on 2 PA passes of 3 to clear some space), the offensive play calling is very.....very predictable.