PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Mecca
05-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Faith breaker?

I think that's what it's called when I have to watch people actually job to McCool.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Haha, Gail Kim reached out and slapped one hand, then struggled for a second to find another hand and gave up.

Reaper16
05-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Michelle McCool's bangs look stupid.

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Michelle McCool's bangs look stupid.

Taker is shown taping his fists....

Is Alicia going for the Rhaka Khan look?

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2009, 07:02 PM
When I wake up in the morning, my hair looks like Alicia Fox's.

:(
--
Crossquoting:

Jesus Christ is it humid there or something because goddamn

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:02 PM
When I wake up in the morning, my hair looks like Alicia Fox's.

:(

If you can make that work for you......I'm thankful that mine doesn't curl.

Reaper16
05-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Melina appears to still have little Johnny Nitro designs cut into the thigh area of her pants.

You know what? I would be supportive of Morrison and Melina getting back together. They're good for each other. :deevee:

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Melina appears to still have little Johnny Nitro designs cut into the thigh area of her pants.

You know what? I would be supportive of Morrison and Melina getting back together. They're good for each other. :deevee:

They're back together again in real life...

Reaper16
05-15-2009, 07:04 PM
If you can make that work for you......I'm thankful that mine doesn't curl.
Mine either, its too straight. I've got hair down to my elbows and it has exactly zero volume.

Reaper16
They're back together again in real life...
Hot.

Ultra Peanut
If you can make that work for you......I'm thankful that mine doesn't curl.Yeah, I really can't.

Reaper16
Was that a fucking Yoshi Tonic?

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2009, 07:05 PM
She's been using that for a while.

Alicia Fox has a lot of potential.

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:05 PM
My hair pretty much looks....line Melinas, that's odd.

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Jeff Hardy's Enigma Powers:

#45 -- During a promo, is able to shout out to hot chicks wearing his armbands from 300 yards away!

Reaper16
05-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I haven't been able to watch Smackdown, as there was no MyNet channel in my college town. Back in the KC area, though, I can watch it.

I hope that this distinction between Smackdown & RAW is kept. This Smackdown seems like a WWE product for "wrestling fans" while RAW is a WWE product for sports entertainment fans.

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I enjoy how watching Smackdown right now has me seeing this giant radar thing in the left corner cause you know, rain=death.

keg in kc
05-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Seriously? This show is so pure, so bereft of bullshit, and SO GOOD.From the observer:

--Last night's Smackdown show was completely redone as the show was going on due to a knee injury suffered by Rey Mysterio in his match with Shelton Benjamin, taped for Superstars. The original idea was a Rey Mysterio vs. Edge main event that would turn into a tag match with Mysterio & Jeff Hardy vs. Edge & Chris Jericho (I believe, it may have involved Mysterio & C.M. Punk vs. Edge & Umaga). But the Edge vs. Chris Jericho main event was put together on the fly with the two having little if any lead time, as was Punk & John Morrison vs. Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, as well as the R-Truth vs. Mike Knox rematch. The show ended up being good, because the tag match and Edge vs. Jericho delivered.

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm a little upset that Jericho basically requested to work a program with Mysterio because before that it was going to be Morrison and Jericho.

keg in kc
05-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I wasn't happy about that either.

Starting Morrison out at the top of the midcard might not be a bad move, though. Just don't job him to Shelton. Do a slow build with him and save the Jericho feud for later in the year.

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Mike Knox....when your beard is the coolest thing about you, bad sign.

keg in kc
05-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Somehow I don't think Ricky Ortiz is a great warm-up for a championship match with Edge.

Reaper16
05-15-2009, 07:57 PM
No way. He's cashing in?

Reaper16
05-15-2009, 07:57 PM
oooooh, Umaga. Nice tease. I approve.

Mecca
05-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm really not excited to see Punk face Umaga.

keg in kc
05-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm really not excited to see Punk face Umaga.Apparently their road matches have been good.

They put Punk over a monster, and it's not a banana peel, then they're getting serious with him.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2009, 08:32 PM
That was actually a really well done clusterfuck at the end.

JR: "A double-countout would be like proverbially kissing your sister."
Grish: "Well, I wouldn't know about that!"
JR: "I'm an only child. It's a cliché."

Hahahahahaha, "WHOSE SHOW IS THIS?!" Jericho's in-ring banter is the best.

Mike Knox....when your beard is the coolest thing about you, bad sign.HE IS A FUCKING BEAR.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Knew that was coming the second Punk's music started. Never good to be the curtain-jerker in your home town in the WWE.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Shelton's about to go over Morrison.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Shelton's about to go over Morrison.Sweet. Called that one wrong.

First guy out's lost all 3 matches.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 06:55 PM
lmao, give it up for marty jannetty

alanm
05-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Anyone have a working video link for this. I think WWE put the kibosh on Justin TV. :cuss:

Reaper16
Miz getting heat.

Reaper16
Anyone have a working video link for this. I think WWE put the kibosh on Justin TV. :cuss:

http://www.justin.tv/knight_reaperlwhdtv

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Miz is just killing Soriano and the Cubs.

4-0!

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Santino coming to the defense of his "fellow Italian," Alfonso Soriano. This segment is gold. Santino face turn, apparently.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Santino's been teasing face for a few weeks.

Miz has been great on the mic.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 07:08 PM
This should be Jericho going over.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Well that makes no sense.

And now we enter the raw portion of the program. AKA crappy.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I guess this makes Edge/Hardy the main event? I don't think they'd do a non-title big show/cena match to close the show.

No way they have Punk cash in. I think it would be hilarious if Umaga came out and cashed in MitB. Thought it was his briefcase because he beat Punk.

Three babyface wins in a row, you'd think Orton goes over.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 07:52 PM
That was good right up until Ric Flair ran in.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
That match was horrible.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Does Edge always kiss the belt?

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Does Edge always kiss the belt?
Yeah, I've seen him do that a lot.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I've seen him do that a lot.I was thinking that was the case, but I don't trust my own memory.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 08:47 PM
The WWE is really cracking down hard on Youtube and all the stream sites, they're apparently more pissed than usual about their content being given away for free.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Strong match to end the show. I wish they'd have done something other than have Matt interfere, though.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 08:49 PM
The WWE is really cracking down hard on Youtube and all the stream sites, they're apparently more pissed than usual about their content being given away for free.UFC, too.

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm generally in favor of a top-rope Edgecution. This was no exception.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
That looked brutal.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Why do I picture all of the wrestling boards right now going apeshit that Punk lost...

BigRock
05-17-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm generally in favor of a top-rope Edgecution. This was no exception.

YOU MEAN THE SUPERPLEX
IT WAS A SUPERPLEX

/Jim Ross

Mecca
05-17-2009, 09:15 PM
The following is a recent Twitter entry from WWE announcer Joey Styles:

"The (Catholic) University of Notre Dame should be ashamed of themselves for having pro-abortion President Obama speak at their graduation.

Even those misled Americans who voted for the Marxist Barack Hussein Obama are invited to join the Judgment Day Live Chat on WWEUNIVERSE.com."

Check out Joey Styles' official Twitter page at twitter.com/WWEJoeyStyles.

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 09:17 PM
The following is a recent Twitter entry from WWE announcer Joey Styles:

"The (Catholic) University of Notre Dame should be ashamed of themselves for having pro-abortion President Obama speak at their graduation.

Even those misled Americans who voted for the Marxist Barack Hussein Obama are invited to join the Judgment Day Live Chat on WWEUNIVERSE.com."

Check out Joey Styles' official Twitter page at twitter.com/WWEJoeyStyles.

Joey just got minus 10,000 respect points.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 09:21 PM
He sounds like Vince's kind of guy.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Why do I picture all of the wrestling boards right now going apeshit that Punk lost...Long program turning him into a legit midcarder getting real wins > banapeel wins and cashing in after the champion is down.

I knew he was losing the second his music opened the show. WWE always has all but the very top level guys lose in front of their home crowds. If anything, you knew he couldn't go over because it would be the biggest pop of the night.

I thought for a fraction of a second they were going to bring him out at the end, the way they were stretching the commentary post-title match, but it wouldn't make much sense to have him lose clean to start the show and then cash in.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 09:27 PM
He sounds like Vince's kind of guy.

From what I heard Heyman was literally the only guy in the company that wasn't a Republican when he was there.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 09:29 PM
To add to my last thought, it also wouldn't make any sense to have Umaga lose his initial match back. Assuming the program continues, Punk needs to build to beating the monster heel. 'cause...that's how you establish people.

'course knowing WWE, the feud's now over and Punk will be facing Hornswaggle tomorrow while Umanga goes on to wrestle Charlie Haas.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe its just me but the Umaga character has run it's course, gimmicks like that have a shelf life.

keg in kc
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Maybe. He's been off the air for a while, too.

I really think he was best when he had Armando Estrada managing him.

Really wish they'd bring managers back.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Gotta love that variation....in the past a guy can work can't talk he gets a manager to talk for him. Today that happens you get stuck in the midcard not doing much.

And their logic makes no sense, they took Estrada away from Umaga because he was getting to over and taking attention away from Umaga.

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Umaga seemed a lot more relevant before HHH completely buried him.

Mecca
05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
You're saying H fucked up someones career, that's unthinkable!

alanm
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
The WWE is really cracking down hard on Youtube and all the stream sites, they're apparently more pissed than usual about their content being given away for free.I couldn't get on any streams tonight. Though it sounds like I didn't miss much.

Reaper16
05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I couldn't get on any streams tonight. Though it sounds like I didn't miss much.
I linked you to a working stream!

Mecca
05-18-2009, 06:28 PM
The WWE has an issue.....they rented the Pepsi center back in August for next weeks Raw they have now been told a week in advance that they are not allowed to use the building because there is a Lakers/Nuggets playoff game...the building was nearly sold out for Raw...this should be rather interesting.

There are already several stories out about it...

Carmelo Anthony vs. John Cena: Two thugs from the mean streets. Book it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4176082

Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers are scheduled to be at the Pepsi Center in Denver next Monday night.

Problem is, so are John Cena and a bunch of wrestlers.

World Wrestling Entertainment says it is booked at the arena for an episode of Monday Night Raw, the same night the Nuggets are slated to host the Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

WWE spokesman Robert Zimmerman says the organization secured the Pepsi Center last Aug. 15 and has already sold more than 10,000 tickets for the event. He says the organization expects a sellout, with tickets ranging from $20 to $70.

"Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25th date for a potential playoff game," WWE chairman Vince McMahon said in a statement.

Denver is usually done with basketball by now. The Nuggets had lost in the first round five straight years, but as the No. 2 seed in the West are in the conference finals for the first time since 1985.

The Nuggets referred comment to the NBA, which handles scheduling during the playoffs. NBA spokesman Mark Broussard said the league was looking into the conflict.

Zimmerman said the Pepsi Center confirmed in March with the WWE that the organization wanted to keep the May 25 date, and sent a contract on April 15 -- the final night of the regular season -- which WWE signed and returned. Tickets went on sale April 11.

The conflict didn't arise until Sunday, when the Lakers beat the Houston Rockets in Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals. Had the Rockets won, Denver would have had home-court advantage in the next round, hosting Games 1 and 2 and putting the May 25 game in Houston.

As of Monday afternoon, the schedule on the Pepsi Center's Web site listed WWE for 6:30 p.m. local time and Western Conference finals Game 4 at 7 p.m. Tickets for the wrestling event could still be purchased online.

Pepsi Center officials told the ABC television affiliate in Denver that the Nuggets game will be played as scheduled and that they are working with the WWE to reschedule or move their event.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

The conflict as to who will get an event at the Pepsi Center in Denver next Monday night has lead to WWE sending out a press release moments ago claiming next week's RAW is in danger of being canceled completely.

While that seems almost an impossibility, the press release did in fact talk as if it could happen.

It's possible WWE is using the press release to gain maximum publicity value, as they need it known that they are looking for a replacement venue on very short notice.

UPDATE ON RAW TAPING THAT LOOKS TO BE BUMPED BY NBA PLAYOFFS
by Mike Johnson @ 12:19 PM on 5/18/2009

Jay Landry sent word that when he contacted the Pepsi Center regarding the 5/25 Raw taping that looks to be bumped by the NBA Playoffs, he received the following response from the venue's Guest Relations department via email:

"We are still in meetings with WWE deciding what is going to happen with the show that day. As soon as we get that information we will pass it along to you. Thank you in advance for you patience."

WWE OFFERED ALTERNATIVE VENUE FOR BUMPED RAW TAPING, BUT MAY NOT ACCEPT, OFFICIAL TICKETMASTER STATEMENT ON ISSUE
by Mike Johnson @ 1:47 PM on 5/18/2009

According to one source, WWE has been offered The Denver Coliseum to move the 5/25 Raw taping there. Since it's a smaller building, there may not be enough room for the amount of fans who have already purchased advanced tickets, the belief is WWE probably won't accept that offer.

Ticketmaster issued the following statement this afternoon:

The Denver Nuggets are scheduled to play on Monday May 25th @ 7:00pm. The Pepsi Center is working closely with the WWE and hopes to have information regarding the WWE event at the Pepsi Center soon. Both the Pepsi Center and TM will post information as soon as it is available.

NO REFUNDS are available at this time.

Here is my favorite...the WWE put out piece..

WWE SAYS THEY ARE AT AN 'IMPASSE' WITH DENVER NUGGETS OVER NEXT WEEK'S RAW, VINCE MCMAHON TAKES A SHOT AT THE TEAM'S OWNER
by Mike Johnson @ 5:09 PM on 5/18/2009

World Wrestling Entertainment issued the following press release today:
WWE VS. NBA
May 18, 2009

STAMFORD, Conn., May 18, 2009 – World Wrestling Entertainment®’s live, internationally televised broadcast, WWE Monday Night RAW®, (USA Network, 9:00 PM ET) to take place at the Pepsi Center in Denver next Monday, May 25th is in jeopardy of being cancelled by the Denver Nuggets. The WWE and Denver Nuggets are currently at an impasse in resolving a scheduling debacle by the team and the Pepsi Center.

A sell-out crowd is expected to attend the WWE show at the same time the Denver Nuggets are slated to square off against the Los Angeles Lakers for Game 4 of the NBA Western Conference Finals. WWE has held the May 25th date with the Pepsi Center since August 15, 2008.

“Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25th date for a potential playoff game,” said WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

Bold part is quite funny if you ask me.

chiefs1111
05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
what a crappy way to start off raw tonight

BigRock
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
“Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25th date for a potential playoff game,” said WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5653/19498070480x360.jpg

Captain Obvious
05-18-2009, 09:58 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5653/19498070480x360.jpg

Announcers have been pretty brutal towards Kroenke tonight.

Reaper16
05-18-2009, 09:59 PM
I was watching ESPNews and Vince was getting interviewed about this fiasco by none other than Jonathan Coachman. It was a cute little reunion.

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2009, 10:19 PM
ORTON/BATISTA SEVENTY: THIS TIME IT'S THE SAME THING YOU HAVE SEEN BEFORE

I'm 15 minutes into Raw. I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it to slog through the rest.

I was watching ESPNews and Vince was getting interviewed about this fiasco by none other than Jonathan Coachman. It was a cute little reunion.D'awww :3

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Goldust doesn't get an entrance? FUCK YOU, WWE.

Miz is the champion of the world, and Lawler's shirt just gave me four seizures.

BigRock
05-19-2009, 12:23 AM
I was watching ESPNews and Vince was getting interviewed about this fiasco by none other than Jonathan Coachman. It was a cute little reunion.

Vince acted like he had no idea who Coach was. It was awesome.

BigRock
05-19-2009, 12:23 AM
MAY 19TH

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

Mecca
05-19-2009, 12:25 AM
PWInsider posted a recap of the interview.

Jonathan Coachman conducted the interview with his former boss. Coach mentions that Vince is never one to step down from a fight. Coachman mentions that next week’s Raw at the Pepsi Center was booked in August, but the contract was not signed until April.

Vince says that Stan Kroenke should be arrested for impersonating a good businessman for booking a WWE television show when their team would not have been in the playoffs. Vince suggests that the fans of the Nuggets had more faith in the team than their management. Vince says that it is not good business to not support your own team. It is also not good business to throw the WWE out on its ear when there were no tentative dates or provisions in the contract that they signed.

Coach mentions a statement from the Nuggets that they were trying to deal with the conflict. Coachman asks Vince what they are trying to do to work things out and Vince suggests a steel cage match against Kroenke. He says that it will settle everything.

Coach asks if Vince will be in Denver on Monday. Vince says that the WWE trucks are on the way to Denver and it looks like there are going to be two events in the Pepsi Center.

Vince says that the person at fault is Stan Kroenke. Vince says that it is unfair for the way that he treated the Nuggets fans and the WWE. He says that it is not fair to book the WWE event at the same time as the NBA playoffs.

Vince holds up a Lakers shirt and says that he wants to personally give it to Mr. Kroenke.

Coachman asks Vince if they will go to the NBA to resolve this problem. Vince says that NBA put it back in the Nuggets’ court because the Nuggets never presented it to the NBA as a booked date for scheduling purposes.

Vince McMahon came off well while it seemed at times that Vince was cutting a promo with the number of times that he mentioned Stan Kroenke’s name. It looks like it could be a very eventful Memorial Day in Denver.

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Vince acted like he had no idea who Coach was. It was awesome.
Coach even said "sir" out of instinct once. Heh.

Buns
05-19-2009, 12:55 AM
The video with Coach and McMahon is on ESPN.com. Vince said "World Wrestling Federation," in his interview. I know I still call it that, glad he does too.

Mecca
05-19-2009, 01:01 AM
So basically in the end what we've learned is the Nuggets owner is a moron.

Ultra Peanut
05-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Jesus, just tape the shitfest on Sunday or something. It's not like it's going to be worth watching, anyways.

Which is totally fine with me, because ECW and Smackdown have been fucking awesome.

Ultra Peanut
05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
THE REAL SECRET OF MAY 19TH:

http://j.photos.cx/davebatista-834.gif

SCChief
05-20-2009, 12:50 AM
ECW has really had some quality matches the last few weeks. Tonight's matches were great, and the matches involving Evan Bourne have been good for about the last month.

As much as I hate to say it, I am enjoying ECW far more than Raw lately.

Ultra Peanut
05-20-2009, 05:51 AM
ECW has been pretty darn good on average, from the New Breed vs. Originals era, to Punk, Burke, and Morrison making things their own, to the Era of Swagger.

keg in kc
05-20-2009, 05:21 PM
--It appears that WWE is going to hold Raw at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Monday with an announcement coming momentarily. The new twist is that Smackdown on Tuesday is being moved from the World Arena in Colorado Springs to the Staples Center as well according to the Los Angeles Times. In other words, WWE is doing to the arena in Colorado Springs in pulling out days before a scheduled show, exactly what the Pepsi Center did to them. It will be very interesting seeing how this gets covered.:LOL:

Mecca
05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
The WWE's basic response is, fuck Denver.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-20-2009, 05:27 PM
The WWE's basic response is, fuck Denver.

Denver may not see another WWE event for years. Vince can afford to completely blow them off.

Mecca
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Denver may not see another WWE event for years. Vince can afford to completely blow them off.

I fully expect they won't do another event there for a long time, that's how the WWE does things.

I think the reason they are moving it so far away is any lost income they incur he can recover in a lawsuit, so he's just trying to stick it to Kroenke in every way he can.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-20-2009, 05:42 PM
I fully expect they won't do another event there for a long time, that's how the WWE does things.

I think the reason they are moving it so far away is any lost income they incur he can recover in a lawsuit, so he's just trying to stick it to Kroenke in every way he can.

Absolutely. I watched the video on ESPN, I thought he came across very well for a wrestling promoter. Of course, he is the GOAT by a long shot. But usually he looks like a deranged, old fuck.

BigRock
05-20-2009, 06:06 PM
In other words, WWE is doing to the arena in Colorado Springs in pulling out days before a scheduled show, exactly what the Pepsi Center did to them. It will be very interesting seeing how this gets covered.

Meltzer's such a girl. They wouldn't be pulling out of the Tuesday show if they didn't have to find a new place to have Raw. They can't get their trucks from LA to Colorado overnight.

Mecca
05-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Someone didn't tell Dave that Raw and Smackdown have to be close so the set can be moved.

BigRock
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Sucks for the fans in CO, though. Shitty situation all around.

Ultra Peanut
05-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Meltzer's such a girl. They wouldn't be pulling out of the Tuesday show if they didn't have to find a new place to have Raw. They can't get their trucks from LA to Colorado overnight.Yeah, it's pretty much an unavoidable consequence.

Of course, the one thing that can be blamed on Vince is that he felt the need to make a point by moving the show 1,000 miles away from its original location.

BigRock
05-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Of course, the one thing that can be blamed on Vince is that he felt the need to make a point by moving the show 1,000 miles away from its original location.

I wonder if they would have moved if it wasn't the Lakers' arena offering them the date. Like if MSG was their only option, does Vince still move just to make a point?

Going to the Staples Center, with the whole Lakers/Nuggets tie-in, is getting the story a whole new round of publicity.

Ultra Peanut
05-22-2009, 01:09 AM
http://j.photos.cx/2yv6kix-03f.gif

Ultra Peanut
05-22-2009, 01:21 AM
oh vince, you amazing child

http://j.photos.cx/attachment-f9b.php

BigRock
05-22-2009, 10:33 AM
It should be the Nuggets with the mystery partner. And then that partner can be Owen Hart.

AN ANGLE 10 YEARS IN THE MAKING

Ultra Peanut
05-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I AM A NUGGET! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BigRock
05-22-2009, 10:53 AM
oh sweet jesus

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling Heads to Colorado, for Sure!

DEJECTED WWE FANS CAUGHT IN THE "DENVER DEBACLE" GET A $10 DISCOUNT FOR TNA TICKETS WITH THEIR UNUSED WWE TICKETS FROM COLORADO SHOWS.

DENVER, May 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling is bringing a slam-dunk show to Colorado - and unlike its competition, the superstars of TNA will not skip town.

The TNA Live! Tour invades the Pueblo (Colo.) Convention Center on Friday night, May 29, and then moves to Cheyenne, Wyo., on Saturday night, May 30 at the Taco Johns Event Center. Both shows start at 7:30 p.m., and anyone bringing an unused WWE ticket from its recently-cancelled Colorado shows to the box office in Pueblo or Cheyenne will receive a $10 discount for tickets for either TNA show.

"Some of the biggest pro wrestling fans in the nation are in Colorado," said TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter.

That's why we scheduled one show there! In an arena that holds 1000 people! WE LOVE COLORADO!

Carter also confirmed that TNA is "formally inviting" all Nugget players, coaches, broadcasters and front-office staff to the Pueblo show.

It goes without saying that Denver will be playing at the time (if the series goes 6 games).

Ultra Peanut
05-22-2009, 11:24 AM
TNA is the worst. At everything.

keg in kc
05-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Total Nonstop Ass.

Reaper16
05-22-2009, 04:29 PM
It should be the Nuggets with the mystery partner. And then that partner can be Owen Hart.

AN ANGLE 10 YEARS IN THE MAKING
Masterstroke.

Mecca
05-22-2009, 04:33 PM
TNA still isn't aware that probably 90% of the WWE audience doesn't even know what the hell TNA is.

keg in kc
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Nearing time to see if Smackdown is once again the best wrestling show of the week.

keg in kc
05-22-2009, 05:48 PM
-- Mr. McMahon vs. Stan Kroenke has been added to Raw.Oh god. I hope it's as glorious as Rosie and Trump a few years back.

keg in kc
05-22-2009, 05:50 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h39HYZRLJi0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h39HYZRLJi0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jerm
05-22-2009, 05:53 PM
TNA does indeed suck but damn Dixie Carter is a MILF.

keg in kc
05-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Morrison's getting over, unless they're piping in crowd noise.

Another good Punk/Jericho match, followed by a TNA-riffic moment. Why on god's green earth would you let Umanga speak IN ENGLISH??!?!

Jerm
05-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Has anyone seen KC On The Mat? It's a documentary produced by Chris Gough from Metro Sports about the history of K.C. wrestling...pretty interesting stuff, I liked it.

Slick FTW~!

Ultra Peanut
05-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Masterstroke.http://j.photos.cx/emot-master-d6d.gif

BryanBusby
05-23-2009, 04:02 AM
So was I sadly mistaken, or was Foley actually getting exhausted from fighting a cardboard cutout of Rocky? TNA ipmact indeed.

Ultra Peanut
05-23-2009, 04:24 AM
He was completely gassed. It was perfect.

Saccopoo
05-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Has anyone seen KC On The Mat? It's a documentary produced by Chris Gough from Metro Sports about the history of K.C. wrestling...pretty interesting stuff, I liked it.

Slick FTW~!

Rufus "Freight Train" Jones and Bulldog Bob Brown FTW!!!!!!!

Wrestling almost died for me when the local shows stopped. Then Abdullah the Butcher stopped wrestling and that was the final death knell.

Jerm
05-23-2009, 12:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SrUxCACBi4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SrUxCACBi4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So much win in that lol.

keg in kc
05-25-2009, 02:19 PM
So, everybody ready for Hun-Tor to return tonight?

[/gun to head]

Ultra Peanut
05-25-2009, 02:31 PM
So, everybody ready for Hun-Tor to return tonight?

[/gun to head]Oh, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I didn't even realize it was Monday. I wonder how awful TNA's PPV was last night.

chiefs1111
05-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Just when you thought Raw couldn't get any worse......

Farzin
05-25-2009, 07:10 PM
LMAO! This is funny. I love it, considering I'm a Lakers fan.

Mecca
05-25-2009, 07:25 PM
It appears Victoria is gonna go work for TNA...

You know what amuses me, the retardation of these wrestlers. So lets see Victoria, who had just recently signed a 3 year extension decides that she's "retiring" then after her no compete expires she goes to work for TNA for likely 1/4 of the money..

Did someone not inform her that wrestling is a work intended to make money? If you honestly would rather work for a company for a fraction of the money because you like the way you'll be booked better that makes you a mark for yourself.

unothadeal
05-25-2009, 08:34 PM
that makes you a mark for yourself.

All the best wrestlers are.

Bowser
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
This could quite possibly be the worst thing ever.

Mecca
05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
All the best wrestlers are.

Not to that level, when you will actually sacrifice more money in favor of how you're booked that is retarded.

keg in kc
05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Shows like this are the ones that make you hide that fact you watch wrestling.

Bowser
05-25-2009, 08:57 PM

I'm usually at work during these hours, so I thought I'd check it out. And thank God I got to see Jerry Lawler in the ring, again.

W
T
F

Mecca
05-25-2009, 09:09 PM

Ha I said that on a wrestling forum, that shit like this is why I don't readily admit I'm a wrestling fan, and I got bitched out.

Reaper16
05-25-2009, 10:58 PM
I didn't watch one minute of that shit. Instead, I watched Milk again and afterward was hunting the webs for a couple of colorways of New Balance 1500's, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice.

LTL
05-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Rufus "Freight Train" Jones and Bulldog Bob Brown FTW!!!!!!!

Wrestling almost died for me when the local shows stopped. Then Abdullah the Butcher stopped wrestling and that was the final death knell.

The Central States Heavyweight Championship!!!!

I started watching in the mid 70s or so. Watch the shows out of KC about a week or so after they happened. About once a month or so they would come to where I lived at the time and do a show in crackerbox gym that might seat 200. Dudes like Rufus, Bulldog, Brusier Bob Sweetan, Mike George, The Interns, Super Interns, Oates Brothers would all make appearances. NWA guys would come thru every so often and the cenral states champ would get a shot and heavy weight champ. Usually it was Flair or Rhodes. I remember Rufus showing up in a caddy with a pint of gin in his front pocket and a cig hanging out of his mouth. Their was no separation from the fans, sat on a aisle when I seen Flair, close enough that when he came out I could have stepped on his robe. Should have done it. Close enough to Dusty that I could see the scars on his forehead. Never forget Flair though, their was about 100 people in the place, he was wrestling Bulldog Bob Brown whom at the time was a face, Flair put a show that night like he was at wrestlemania.

Some good shit back then, also the tag division seemed to matter and they billed it like it mattered.

Ultra Peanut
05-26-2009, 08:38 AM
At least the "I AM NOT A NUGGET" sign was good.

Ten years, guys. :(

It appears Victoria is gonna go work for TNA..noooooooooo

Ultra Peanut
05-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Lawler should have worn Beale Street Blue and Smoke Blue, the turncoat mofucka.

Edit: HAHAHAHA, CHALK! Miz is awesome.

Mecca
05-26-2009, 04:50 PM
At least the "I AM NOT A NUGGET" sign was good.

Ten years, guys. :(

noooooooooo

She's in the spoiler so it's confirmed now, I seriously hope she didn't fake retire to get out of her WWE deal to go to TNA, if she really took a 1/4 of the money to be booked better by the company no one watches...she really is a mark for her own character.

keg in kc
05-26-2009, 05:05 PM
She wants to do MMA, I think.

Ultra Peanut
05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
lol @ "being booked better" as a reason to join TNA

BigRock
05-26-2009, 05:27 PM
I liked how they randomly brought back Goldust's case of tourettes.

CORNBREAD DAMMIT CORNBREAD

Mecca
05-26-2009, 06:48 PM
lol @ "being booked better" as a reason to join TNA

There are some forums that actually think TNA is booked better.....and they'll all go on and on about how TNA treats their women wrestlers so much better etc.

keg in kc
05-28-2009, 12:26 PM
hmmBackstage Creative Struggle Between Vince & HHH/HBK
Date Added: May 27, 2009
Story By: Tim Brown
Sources: ProWrestling.net, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Vince McMahon and his creative team currently feel that the quality of the Monday Night RAW is strong. Vince wants there to be differences in the content between his various TV shows, and one company source sees silver lining in this by pointing out that SmackDown is able to have such quality wrestling because RAW is Vince’s sports entertainment variety show. The problem, is that RAW is the company’s flagship show and is usually how the general public judges the company.

This week’s episode of RAW was mostly straight from Vince McMahon, to the point that one source says he essentially dictated the direction of the show to the creative team.

For months now, some colleagues have been crediting Triple H and Shawn Michaels for trying their best to weed out some of the campy stuff Vince and lead writer Brian Gewirtz produce. Even people who don’t like HHH backstage are saying that he should soon be taking the reigns from Vince as the creative head of the company. Triple H is seen as the most likely candidate for the job due to his family ties, but sources within the company also acknowledge that Triple H does have a good understanding of what the fans want and who their target audience really should be.

Triple H has been at the recent RAW shows, but one backstage observer notes that he isn’t as emotionally attached or involved in the show when he’s not wrestling. In other words, he might be saving his ideas for when he returns to television.

Ultra Peanut
05-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Vince McMahon and his creative team currently feel that the quality of the Monday Night RAW is strong.http://j.photos.cx/lolque-254.jpg

BryanBusby
05-28-2009, 08:09 PM
but sources within the company also acknowledge that Triple H does have a good understanding of what the fans want and who their target audience really should be.

This made me laugh. If that were the case, HHH would stay off TV for good and push guys like MVP to the main title scene.

keg in kc
05-28-2009, 08:38 PM
To his credit, he's the one keeping himself off TV for so long now. I just hope he's finally done burying people.

Captain Obvious
05-28-2009, 09:13 PM
How are the ratings for Superstars? I really like how they are doing that show.

Mecca
05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
This made me laugh. If that were the case, HHH would stay off TV for good and push guys like MVP to the main title scene.

H would probably be a fine booker if he wasn't an active wrestler, any active wrestler that books will overpush themselves because who can you trust more than yourself?

BigRock
05-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Man alive. Has anybody ever fallen any farther any faster than Kennedy? No Owen jokes please.

unothadeal
05-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Man alive. Has anybody ever fallen any farther any faster than Kennedy? No Owen jokes please.

Or else:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-gujPGadBUs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-gujPGadBUs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
05-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Now Scott Hall atleast stuck around long enough to be a big star in a hugely popular era.

Cannibal
05-29-2009, 08:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7jR7_WiHI1g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7jR7_WiHI1g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cannibal
05-29-2009, 08:44 PM
"Jabroni" :)

Cannibal
05-30-2009, 01:06 AM

Cannibal
05-30-2009, 01:44 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/unSrXm4Mi5k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/unSrXm4Mi5k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
05-30-2009, 03:23 AM
So this is being reported as, Orton got pissed off at the suplex Kennedy hit him with in their match on Raw, which you could tell as right after it he started throwing a fit. So Orton responded by getting stiff with him in the ring, hit him with an RKO he didn't know was coming and injured Kennedy's wrist...

Then Meltzer followed that by saying Orton showed he has stroke by basically exchanging words with Kennedy in the back and going to Vince about it and a few days later Kennedy is gone.

Boris The Great
05-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Theres no way Kennedy didnt know the RKO was coming. The end of the show was guys hitting their finishers on each other left and right. MVP on Cody, then Dibiase on MVP, then Kennedy on Dibiase, then Orton gave Kennedy the RKO, then Batista tried to Batista bomb Orton until Big Show broke it up. Then Cena and Batista double suplexed Show.

Hes just a klutz.

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2009, 10:44 AM
So this is being reported as, Orton got pissed off at the suplex Kennedy hit him with in their match on Raw, which you could tell as right after it he started throwing a fit. So Orton responded by getting stiff with him in the ring, hit him with an RKO he didn't know was coming and injured Kennedy's wrist...

Then Meltzer followed that by saying Orton showed he has stroke by basically exchanging words with Kennedy in the back and going to Vince about it and a few days later Kennedy is gone.Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Holy fucking shit, that was fast.

Sfeihc
05-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Kennedy sucked anyway. The only reason he ever got face time was because he screamed Kennedy which made VKM cop wood.

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Also, Jon and Kate Plus 8 > Raw.

Heckuva job, Vincey.

BigRock
05-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Theres no way Kennedy didnt know the RKO was coming.

Yeah, how would you even take a move you don't know is coming?

LET'S ASK CHRIS JERICHO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWqA8JuPfbA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWqA8JuPfbA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keg in kc
05-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Meltzer's audio update gave more info. Said Kennedy had been stiffing everybody the whole match, so between that, the total lack of reaction he was getting, the steroid stuff in '07, and getting injured over and over, it was the last straw.

I couldn't stand the guy, so good riddance.

Buck
06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know why Kennedy was released?

EDIT: If I read then I would know.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-02-2009, 09:47 AM
dam i always liked Kennedy

Brock
06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up, but I was very surprised to see the big spot for the Macho Man DVD set. Will he be appearing on WWE soon?

Swanman
06-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Holy crap ROH is setting up a monster show for 6/27 in Chicago Ridge, where I will be front row. Only a few matches are announced but they could be epic:

Kenny King vs. Petey Williams - not bad for the curtain jerker or one of the first few matches

D Lo Brown vs. Erick Stevens - meh but could be okay

Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries - their match last year was called match of the year by many, hopefully Nigel's arms don't fall off

Colt Cabana and TBD and TBD vs Bison Smith, Claudio Castagnoli and Joey Ryan - expect maybe American Dragon and Necro Butcher to join Cabana in what will be a very fun little street fight

Tyler Black vs. Kenta - ummm, holy shit

Ultra Peanut
06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Raw was okay, I thought, though I kind of skipped through 93% of it.

Kofi winning the US title was heartening for MVP's future and a neat little moment to further face-ify MVP.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but I was very surprised to see the big spot for the Macho Man DVD set. Will he be appearing on WWE soon?Nope. There isn't even a documentary or any interviews on the DVD; just matches.

Reaper16
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
RAW was last night? I totally forgot that it was a Monday. I was playing Risk instead.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Good riddence. I hated that fuck.

Mecca
06-02-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up, but I was very surprised to see the big spot for the Macho Man DVD set. Will he be appearing on WWE soon?

You should probably be happy he's not appearing he looks like Santa Claus now.

BigRock
06-02-2009, 05:30 PM
I saw a pic of Macho a few weeks ago, he finally got himself neatened up. He looks normal now, albeit grey. Beats the homeless thing he had going.

Farzin
06-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Ken Kennedy and Brodie Croyle should form a tag team.

Brock
06-04-2009, 08:04 AM
You should probably be happy he's not appearing he looks like Santa Claus now.

It wasn't so much I wanted to see him on TV, I just wondered if the rumored feud between him and McMahon was over now.

keg in kc
06-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Today's big news:--WWE is bringing back Chris Masters, who has just canceled his international bookings.

--Chris Jericho is now on Twitter under the screen name IAmJericho

Mecca
06-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Masters is supposedly better now, we'll see.

Swanman
06-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Masters is supposedly better now, we'll see.

Bar is already set pretty low with that roidhead so we shall she.

Ultra Peanut
06-05-2009, 08:32 PM
"ASK HIM! ASK HIM WHAT'S UP!"

Y2J is the greatest ever.

big nasty kcnut
06-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Wwe superstar is good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ultra Peanut
06-07-2009, 07:54 PM
So apparently, Batista just won the title from Orton.

Raw is the worst.

dirk digler
06-07-2009, 07:55 PM
So apparently, Batista just won the title from Orton.

Raw is the worst.

LMAO

Just in time for HHH to come back

Mecca
06-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Raw is the epitome of boredom plus they book the heels so poorly, Orton is booked like the biggest puss that ever lived, he couldn't even take a 60 year old man.

Mecca
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
PWInsider has confirmed that Batista has suffered a torn bicep and is scheduled to have surgery this coming Tuesday.

Batista will still be working the Extreme Rules show tonight. As of a few hours ago, he was also written into tomorrow’s RAW. Expect the injury will be worked into WWE storylines also.

There’s no word yet on the severity of the tear or how long Batista is expected out of action, but a few people have been wondering if the injury will mean an imminent return for Triple H.

dirk digler
06-07-2009, 08:14 PM
I would assume that report is BS and Batista is healthy since they gave him the title.

or

This injury is his last as a WWE wrestler as he will retire as a champion. Isn't his contract up this year?

Mecca
06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Or...he's just returning a job tomorrow, they aren't above doing something like that.

dirk digler
06-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Or...he's just returning a job tomorrow, they aren't above doing something like that.

True.

I just can't believe they had Orton lose. Horrible horrible horrible decision

Mecca
06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Orton has been booked like total balls for quite awhile now inspite of him having the belt...

He can't beat up Shane McMahon by himself, Ric Flair kicks his ass one on one, Triple H made him look like a bitch.

The way Raw books heels leaves alot to be desired, they can't win clean, they can't compete with anyone 1 on 1. They just turn them all into giant pussies because you know if they actually win matches someone might cheer for them.

dirk digler
06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
The way Raw books heels leaves alot to be desired, they can't win clean, they can't compete with anyone 1 on 1. They just turn them all into giant pussies because you know if they actually win matches someone might cheer for them.

Well except for Triple H :D :banghead:

Mecca
06-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Even on Smackdown a heel can get a clean win, Raw acts like it's 1984 and Cena is the heroic Hogan who must give promo speeches and every heel is a dirty cheater who can't compete 1/1.

dirk digler
06-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Cena wins

Mecca
06-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Someone quickly explain to me why any person over the age of 12 that isn't a female would like John Cena?

dirk digler
06-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Someone quickly explain to me why any person over the age of 12 that isn't a female would like John Cena?

I like Cena and am over 12 and last time I looked not a female.

The reason being he is a good guy though I am tiring of his Superman act.

Mecca
06-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I like Cena and am over 12 and last time I looked not a female.

The reason being he is a good guy though I am tiring of his Superman act.

I just don't see his appeal, he's booked as the ultimate good which is corny because no one is truly good.

So unless you're a kid, a woman that wants to bang him or a parent that doesn't want to expose your child to real life stuff, what else is there?

dirk digler
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I just don't see his appeal, he's booked as the ultimate good which is corny because no one is truly good.

So unless you're a kid, a woman that wants to bang him or a parent that doesn't want to expose your child to real life stuff, what else is there?

I don't know why did people love Hogan? I just like that he is a good guy and loves wrestling and respects it.

Mecca
06-07-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't know why did people love Hogan? I just like that he is a good guy and loves wrestling and respects it.

Because it was the 80s and wrestling was alot more corny then than it was now, when they went to the attitude era and basically said "we're not going to insult your intelligence anymore" how can they realistically go back to an 80s character and expect anyone who isn't a child to buy in?

I absolutely hate his promo style, he either comes off as a shitty cutrate mixture of Rock/Hogan or he gives some lame ass speech or says Poopy.

All in all he comes off like a cornball that would make any male over the age of 16 do a face palm and think "my god man you are an embarrassment stop acting like that"

His character leaves alot to be desired if you aren't in the young audience or a female basing your opinion of a wrestler on if you want to have sex with him.

I'm going to use a superheroes example...

Batman is the darkest of all the superheroes which is why he's appealing. He doesn't have superpowers, he's not invincible like Superman or witty like Spiderman. He's a dark brooding character that has many personal issues that uses his brains to design superior weaponary and on many occasions finds himself being as dark if not darker than the villains he faces off with. Batman is a very shades of gray type of character that appeals to people because when done right he's very easy to relate with because no one is truly good or evil, everyone is shades of gray, other than in a few extreme circumstances.

In the end when John Cena is the flagship wrestler I find myself being uninterested to some degree. I love work and will sit down and watch Puro, Lucha, etc. But I also like characters and angles if the characters are appealing and have things going for them. I just feel that right now unless you are a kid or have kids yourself and don't want them exposed to life John Cena brings nothing to the table as a character.

dirk digler
06-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Because it was the 80s and wrestling was alot more corny then than it was now, when they went to the attitude era and basically said "we're not going to insult your intelligence anymore" how can they realistically go back to an 80s character and expect anyone who isn't a child to buy in?

I absolutely hate his promo style, he either comes off as a shitty cutrate mixture of Rock/Hogan or he gives some lame ass speech or says Poopy.

All in all he comes off like a cornball that would make any male over the age of 16 do a face palm and think "my god man you are an embarrassment stop acting like that"

His character leaves alot to be desired if you aren't in the young audience or a female basing your opinion of a wrestler on if you want to have sex with him.

I'm going to use a superheroes example...

Batman is the darkest of all the superheroes which is why he's appealing. He doesn't have superpowers, he's not invincible like Superman or witty like Spiderman. He's a dark brooding character that has many personal issues that uses his brains to design superior weaponary and on many occasions finds himself being as dark if not darker than the villains he faces off with. Batman is a very shades of gray type of character that appeals to people because when done right he's very easy to relate with because no one is truly good or evil, everyone is shades of gray, other than in a few extreme circumstances.

In the end when John Cena is the flagship wrestler I find myself being uninterested to some degree. I love work and will sit down and watch Puro, Lucha, etc. But I also like characters and angles if the characters are appealing and have things going for them. I just feel that right now unless you are a kid or have kids yourself and don't want them exposed to life John Cena brings nothing to the table as a character.

Great post Mecca and that is hard to argue. It does appear though that WWE is trying to appeal to more children and have gone pretty far away from the Attitude era. That probably has more to do with the WWE being a public company with stock holders and they have to appeal to a mass audience and not offend alot of people.

Mecca
06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Great post Mecca and that is hard to argue. It does appear though that WWE is trying to appeal to more children and have gone pretty far away from the Attitude era. That probably has more to do with the WWE being a public company with stock holders and they have to appeal to a mass audience and not offend alot of people.

It's because their booking sucks so the demo they relied heavily upon for attitude went to watch UFC, so now instead of going ok lets stop being stupid their response was lets just go for the kids and families.

Mecca
06-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Jeff Hardy beat Edge which was followed with CM Punk cashing in his MITB...so CM Punk is the champion now.

Reaper16
06-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Jeff Hardy beat Edge which was followed with CM Punk cashing in his MITB...so CM Punk is the champion now.
He cashed in on Jeff? Heel turn?

Mr. Arrowhead
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
thank goodness, i absolutely cannot stand jeff Hardy

Mecca
06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't think it's a heel turn and Hardy like him or not is still more interesting than anyone maineventing on Raw.

Ultra Peanut
06-07-2009, 10:22 PM
What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?!

He's straight edge and better than you, meth junkie.

big nasty kcnut
06-08-2009, 04:37 AM
So cm punk 2 times champ whoa! Not bad for a r.o.h king
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
06-08-2009, 05:27 AM
80s wrestling (which is the era they would love to recreate) will never be duplicated... the wrestling of the attitude era as you put it, is much more rated R than anything you saw in the 80s.

Aside from the random chair shots, there wasn't much that you were afraid to let your kids watch in the 80s as it concerns wrasslin. Now, there's just no way I'd let my kids watch it... I think it's insane to let kids watch what they put out there now. But, that's me.

I think it's impossible for the WWE to get back to that family audience... I just don't see how they could pull it off. HHH, Randy Orton... just to name 2, those characters weren't built for "family entertainment". Know what I mean?

Divas... no, weren't built for family entertainment.

WWE also needs a strong and healthy competitor to push them to becoming more innovative.

Mecca
06-08-2009, 05:57 AM
If you've seem them lately they're going out of their way to be family friendly...the divas are extremely toned down, the sexual overtones are completely gone.

Mile High Mania
06-08-2009, 07:39 AM
If you've seem them lately they're going out of their way to be family friendly...the divas are extremely toned down, the sexual overtones are completely gone.

That may be, I flip it on every once and a while... but, they've still got a ways to go in that regard.

keg in kc
06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Sounds like an eventful ppv with some good matches, I may have to check it out after all.

BigRock
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
He cashed in on Jeff? Heel turn?

I don't think there's any way they would have Punk screw over Jeff, who just won the belt, if they didn't mean it to be a heel turn.

There were subtle and not-so-subtle hints, too. Before Punk got the pin they did two near-falls seemingly just so they could zoom in on Punk afterwards and show him emoting silent rage at Jeff, which wasn't very babyface-like. Then Jeff stayed there laying in the ring while Punk celebrated and ran victory laps, when Jeff could have easily rolled out to the floor. But Punk doing that over Jeff's fallen body made it seem even more dastardly.

Mecca
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
That may be, I flip it on every once and a while... but, they've still got a ways to go in that regard.

Do they have to be really boring to be kid friendly?

I don't see anything even remotely objectionable about their programming anymore, they're down to being rated TV-PG.

Mecca
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Umaga was released today.

Mecca
06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
The following is an excerpt from an interview with Bobby Lashley on Busted Open Radio:

"If somebody says that (Kennedy worked too stiff), I think they need to get a reality check, man. We're wrestlers, we're not dancers. We're not children. If someone touches you a little harder in a friggin' wrestling match and you go crying about it, that's ridiculous. I've been punched in the face, kicked, I've been hammered left and right by several different people. I never went crying and said, 'Oh, he hit me too hard.' That's just part of the business of wrestling. It ain't volleyball. It ain't tee-ball. They're grown men, most of which being well conditioned grown men... I had several matches with Kennedy and I never left the match and said, 'Oh, man, you hit me too hard.' I liked the way he worked. I didn't think he was too stiff. I worked a lot of people who are top guys that are a lot stiffer than him. Some of the veterans would even say that they work a little snugger out there. It kind of helps. I don't mind if someone works stiff with me because it helps me react a little better. It helps me get into the match a little more."

dirk digler
06-08-2009, 05:49 PM
I think that drop Kennedy did on Orton was the last straw. After going back and looking at the video I remember Orton really selling that it hurt when in fact he it did and he was pissed as hell.

chiefs1111
06-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Umaga was released today.

Really???? how come???

keg in kc
06-08-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't think there's any way they would have Punk screw over Jeff, who just won the belt, if they didn't mean it to be a heel turn.

There were subtle and not-so-subtle hints, too. Before Punk got the pin they did two near-falls seemingly just so they could zoom in on Punk afterwards and show him emoting silent rage at Jeff, which wasn't very babyface-like. Then Jeff stayed there laying in the ring while Punk celebrated and ran victory laps, when Jeff could have easily rolled out to the floor. But Punk doing that over Jeff's fallen body made it seem even more dastardly.Until he stood on the ropes and cheered, they probably could have gotten away with it as a dick move. But that was total heel.

Having multiple falls like that makes it less of a banana peel than when he took the title from edge, that's the only other way I can think of to justify booking it that way. But taking the title like that from the top face? I don't see how they can't turn him.

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I guess they wanted to give Jeff another bone but still weren't ready to trust him, but if they wanted to keep Punk face why couldn't they have just let Edge retain?

chiefs1111
06-08-2009, 07:07 PM
this is the 5th time Batista has been champion,i didn't realize he's won it that many times lol

Mecca
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I think that drop Kennedy did on Orton was the last straw. After going back and looking at the video I remember Orton really selling that it hurt when in fact he it did and he was pissed as hell.

That suplex was nothing, if they think that's stiff they have issues, they should look at what japanese suplexes look like.

keg in kc
06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Hell of a beatdown to explain away Blahtista's latest roid-related injury.

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 08:04 PM
So Raw's awful again, right? No reason to even bother watching?

keg in kc
06-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Hasn't been too bad so far.

big nasty kcnut
06-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Miz hit cena with a chair raw been great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Miz hit cena with a chair raw been great.
Posted via Mobile DeviceRacing to my TV right now.

keg in kc
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I haven't gotten to miz and cena. I'm just about to fast-forward through the match involving hornswaggle, goldust and festus.

Miz flirting with Maryse again was good, though.

big nasty kcnut
06-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Edge dropping the bomb.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Miz and Maryse are dating in real life last I heard...

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM
FUCK 'EM UP, MIZ! FUCK 'EM UP!

Mecca
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Raw is still super boring.

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Prediction: Edge marries Teddy Long!

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 08:58 PM
oh god DAMN

We just saw Edge take his opponent apart in the coldest, most methodical fashion since Chris Benoit got a 2-1 special on Bibles.

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Holy shit, Orton's EYES.

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 09:05 PM
The ambulance is going to EXPLODE!!!!!!

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 09:05 PM
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

i quit raw

chiefs1111
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
and of course Huntor to the rescue

dirk digler
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
LMAO

Triple H is back just in time for the WWE Championship Match next Monday night. Good timing.

Oh and good call Mecca I know the second they started working on Batista's arm he was hurt and would lose his title and was going to give you props.

But then Triple H came back

BigRock
06-08-2009, 10:10 PM
CENA/SHOW
HHH/ORTON

DO FEUDS EVER END ON THIS SHOW

Too bad about Vickie leaving. She really grew into the role. That is not a fat joke.

Mecca
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
The H/Orton feud is painful, those guys do not work well together at all.

Ultra Peanut
06-08-2009, 10:35 PM
These feuds are getting TNA-length now.

SCChief
06-08-2009, 10:36 PM
CENA/SHOW
HHH/ORTON

DO FEUDS EVER END ON THIS SHOW

Too bad about Vickie leaving. She really grew into the role. That is not a fat joke.

Feuds NEVER end on Raw.

As for Vickie... I agree that she made a decent heel GM. But I am certainly relieved to see the Edge/Vickie plotline coming to an end. Let Edge find other ways to cheat his way into titles. Inject some new life into Edge's character.

Mecca
06-08-2009, 10:41 PM
A longer feud is fine if the guys work well together, H/Orton and Show/Cena are both pairs that have boring shitty matches.

big nasty kcnut
06-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Maybe we need triple h on raw so he won't kill smackdown goodness.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
06-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Maybe we need triple h on raw so he won't kill smackdown goodness.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. RAW is a lost cause at this point.

Mecca
06-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Well look at the brightside Umaga can go to TNA as Samoa Jim.

Mecca
06-09-2009, 03:43 AM
In preparation for what I will be picking up later...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qatE8otS1Ls&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qatE8otS1Ls&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mile High Mania
06-09-2009, 04:16 AM
Do they have to be really boring to be kid friendly?

I don't see anything even remotely objectionable about their programming anymore, they're down to being rated TV-PG.

Of course not... the stuff in the 80s wasn't boring. I'll try to sit down sometime soon and watch more of it to see the changes.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Dr. Stevie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVgySoiJKWk&feature=related) with the biggest knockout punch this side of Styles vs. Layfield, courtesy his Twitter (http://twitter.com/MichaelManna):

@WWEJoeyStyles funny how nobody listened to Ron Paul....and still don't.

Of course not... the stuff in the 80s wasn't boring. I'll try to sit down sometime soon and watch more of it to see the changes.Just... don't watch Raw. Watch Smackdown or ECW instead.

big nasty kcnut
06-09-2009, 04:25 AM
True mhm watch ecw or smackdown or roh.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2009, 05:16 AM
lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/srL7-vvNrBY&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/srL7-vvNrBY&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keg in kc
06-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Jesus, the end of raw just killed two hours of almost not suck.

Mecca
06-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Apparently they are going through with a Punk heel turn.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2009, 07:46 PM
yessssssssssss

Ted Theodore Logan
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
In preparation for what I will be picking up later...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qatE8otS1Ls&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qatE8otS1Ls&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I just bought this dvd today and its great! I just think it would have been nice to hear some stories from the legends about Savage...

keg in kc
06-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Apparently they are going through with a Punk heel turn.Not according to the only semblence of spoilers I've seen so far.

Dolph Ziggler def The Great Khali by CO

Michelle McCool & Layla def Melina & Eve

John Morrison & R-Truth def WGTT

Punk def Chris Jericho

Punk is face, pandering to the crowd, got a few boos but eventually everyone cheerin for him

keg in kc
06-09-2009, 08:46 PM
If the idea of a 3-hour raw wasn't bad enough, here's your main event:

A four-way - John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Big Show vs. HHH for the belt

Mecca
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Apparently the WWE has an issue...

-- As Michael reported earlier, the WWE creative team has already been given a list of wrestlers not to write ideas for as they will be unavailable for the foreseeable future, starting with next Monday's three-hour episode of Raw. Dave Meltzer said in today's Wrestling Observer Radio show that the company will indeed be suspending some main roster talent within the next few days. Drug testing took place at shows over the weekend, in addition to yesterday's Raw.

Further confirming that some suspensions will be taking place is that it is standard company protocol for head officials to inform creative that certain performers will not be available for the foreseeable future. This fact was publicly disclosed by World Wrestling Entertainment in Henry Waxman's report concerning steroids in professional wrestling released this past January.

Although, there is a lot of skepticism among many in WWE these days in regards to how the company is handling drug test violations. Since the fall of 2007, the official policy on drug test failures has been to publicly announce all failures no matter what, but internally, some believe the company isn't completely abiding by its own set of rules.

As noted earlier today, of the four confirmed developmental releases within the past two days (Lupe Viscara, Jon Cutler, Dakota "Maverick" Darsow and Kafu), two were reportedly let go as a result of drug test failures. It is rather peculiar that WWE officials opted against publicly outing the violators when it is company policy to do so.

Early last year, WWE announced the suspensions of developmental wrestlers Derrick Neikirk and Neil "Chet the Jet" Bzibziak, releasing them shortly thereafter. At least in this case, the company appears to be circumventing its own set of rules by quietly releasing talent so more unwanted negative attention isn't drawn to WWE concerning drug use amongst its wrestlers — especially due to little known minor league talent when the company is adamantly trying to clean up its image. Had they not terminated the violators in question, they would have had no choice but to publicly announce their respective suspensions, hence the quiet releases, which apparently is WWE's new way of getting around the policy.

keg in kc
06-09-2009, 08:59 PM
There's rumors that both Batista and Umaga were failures, although Umaga's side of the story is apparently that he quit. But if they're using the arm angle as a way to allow Batista to serve his suspension, that's just lame...

(So is selling the idea that he's really out for a pre-existing biceps injury)

keg in kc
06-09-2009, 09:09 PM
More SD spoilers Edge def. Jeff Hardy by DQ when Punk ran in and attacked Edge. Punk posed with the title afterwards

Dark Match: CM Punk and Jeff Hardy def. Edge and Chris Jericho in a Steel Cage Match. CM Punk and Jeff Hardy posed together afterward.I'm not sure they've figured out what they're doing yet. It's all....weird.

Mecca
06-09-2009, 09:16 PM
It'd be nice if they'd figure something out seeing how stale their product is..

I think it's time to admit their golden boy chosen one Randy Orton, is not the answer.

keg in kc
06-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Orton would be fine if they didn't continually cut him off at the knees and make his stable look weak.

Mecca
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Orton would be fine if they didn't continually cut him off at the knees and make his stable look weak.

Even if they didn't he's still a very boring character...

Orton doesn't have mainevent charisma or ring work, you need one or the other, he has a mainevent look, which is hindered when the other guys in his group look like they could be his little brothers.

The word methodical is used for Orton because there's not another sort of nice word to use for him. He moves around the ring slowly, he wrestles at a very slow pace, even cuts promos in a very slow type of manner. It's like he thinks if you do a couple things but do them really slowly it makes them mean more. A guy who has his build should be able to do more than he does in the ring, he's not held back by muscularity, he's never had any super nasty injury, he really needs to work on getting better in the ring and mixing up his style a little.

I'm not sure there's any hope for him on the mic, he just isn't naturally charismatic. I'm sure he could atleast be ok at it but right now he's seems to be getting worse.

Honestly he reminds me alot of Jeff Jarrett when he was in WCW, a guy who had always been a solid talent but booking him in the mainevent didn't work because he wasn't that level of performer.

I think Orton is a mid to upper midcard player and booking him in the mainevent is a bit over his head.

Reaper16
06-09-2009, 09:30 PM
It'd be nice if they'd figure something out seeing how stale their product is..

I think it's time to admit their golden boy chosen one Randy Orton, is not the answer.
RAW could have all the talent in the world and it would still suck. The product is overly-written and terribly booked. That Cornette piece from way back in the thread that you posted demonstrates that.

BigRock
06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Not according to the only semblence of spoilers I've seen so far.

Keep in mind the PPV and that people have no appriciation for subtlety.

There's rumors that both Batista and Umaga were failures, although Umaga's side of the story is apparently that he quit. But if they're using the arm angle as a way to allow Batista to serve his suspension, that's just lame...

(So is selling the idea that he's really out for a pre-existing biceps injury)

He really did have surgery today.