PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Reaper16
08-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Angle charged with HGH possession<cite class="source">
</cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. -- Pro wrestler and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle has been arrested on charges of possessing a human growth hormone and violating an order of protection in suburban Pittsburgh.

Angle was arrested about 7:50 a.m. Saturday in a Robinson Township strip mall parking lot. His girlfriend, who said she obtained a protection order about 1½ hours earlier after the two fought Friday night, alleged that he had circled the lot staring at her as she sat in a coffee shop, according to a police affidavit.

Police said they found the human growth hormone Hygetropin in Angle's car, and the wrestler told them he had a prescription for the drug. He also told officers he had not seen the woman and was looking for a hotel because he was barred from his home.

Angle, 40, was charged with violating the order of protection, harassment, possession of drugs and paraphernalia and driving with a suspended license. He posted bail and is scheduled to appear for a hearing Tuesday on the drug and harassment charges and Wednesday on the charge of violating the protection order, a court clerk said.

Angle, the current heavyweight champion of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, was scheduled to appear in a TNA Wrestling event Sunday night in Orlando, Fla. Steven Godfrey, spokesman for Nashville, Tenn.-based TNA Wrestling, declined comment on the arrest but said the main event between Angle, Sting and "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan would go on as scheduled.

Godfrey also said TNA has a drug policy in place for staff and performers, but he declined to release the details.

Angle's phone number is unlisted. Messages left for attorney Michael Santicola, who has represented him previously, were not immediately returned.

Angle is a two-time NCAA Division I wrestling champion at Clarion University in western Pennsylvania. He won the 220-pound championship at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, defeating Iran's Abbas Jadidi for the gold medal, and has been a professional wrestler since 1998.

In September, Angle was found not guilty of drunken driving in Moon Township outside Pittsburgh. A motorist told police Angle had cut her off while leaving a bar parking lot.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Ultra Peanut
08-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Shocking.

BigRock
08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Kurt sure loves him some sistas.

Godfrey also said TNA has a drug policy in place for staff and performers

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1233/coleconfused.jpg

BigRock
08-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Don West has been let go as an announcer. The shows this week will be his last ones.

Hey TNA:

FUUUUUCKKKK
YOOOOUUUUU

(lol Macaulay Culkin)

big nasty kcnut
08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Dang Macaulay Culkin lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Ultra Peanut
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh. My. GOD.

Ultra Peanut
08-19-2009, 05:26 PM
http://j.photos.cx/freeatlast-bbd.gif

BigRock
08-19-2009, 05:43 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zIn0GchsGo8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zIn0GchsGo8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Heel Don was really picking up steam. "As I was cooking Velvet Sky breakfast this morning..."

keg in kc
08-25-2009, 09:37 AM
So, a pretty good Summerslam and Bryan Danielson's heading for WWE.

Interesting.

Although to be honest I'm still not watching much, not since UFC 100.

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2009, 02:39 PM
WHAT

.... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2009, 02:47 PM
WHAT

loochy
08-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I loved how Undertaker came after C.M. Punk. Boy, did I ever mark the f out at that! I was giddy like a 7 year old girl! What a great way to finish up a great TLC match!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwmKJC3N8LQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwmKJC3N8LQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
I COME BEARING GIFTS

http://beasuperstar.wwe.com/videos_bodybasics.html?cid=2009EP-00

keg in kc
08-25-2009, 03:55 PM
I COME BEARING GIFTS

http://beasuperstar.wwe.com/videos_bodybasics.html?cid=2009EP-00roflmao

unothadeal
08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I COME BEARING GIFTS

http://beasuperstar.wwe.com/videos_bodybasics.html?cid=2009EP-00

Okay, who wants to be my shaving partner?

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Holy shit, they just fucking recreated the Shockmaster incident on WWE Raw in 2009. Smarkiest thing ever.

THE SANTINOMASTER!

chiefs1111
08-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Bob Barker is going to host raw next week,lol wow

Mecca
08-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I wonder if he will bring the Barker bitches.....look at the bright side atleast it's not Travis Barker...

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Santinomaster = Awesome
Bob Barker = Awesome
Dusty turn = AWESOME

lol ranny u kerazy

Mecca
08-31-2009, 09:07 PM
You should talk to some of my friends who hate everything the WWE does....

They're already talking about how they "burried WCW again" and how he ending was stupid and made no sense.

BigRock
08-31-2009, 09:25 PM
BACKSTAGE AT RAW 2 PM

Vince: Legacy's going to jump Cena, DX will come down, and Dusty, you'll help Legacy fight them off. Then Randy will RKO you.

Dusty: No, no, thhhheee, I was thinkin', how 'bout DX and Cena clean houth on Legathy, and then in comes the Dweam, thwee on one, and I lay them all out with my bionic elbowths. Then I RKO Randy.

Vince: ...

keg in kc
09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Oh myAnother ROH star close to signing WWE deal PDF Print E-mail

ROH has announced today that Nigel McGuinness will be leaving the promotion for World Wrestling Entertainment.

McGuinness, like Bryan Danielson, has agreed to finish up his scheduled bookings and will be on all the major shows this month, finishing up on 9/26 in New York.

McGuinness (real name Steve Haworth, 33) has not signed a WWE deal, but the sides are in strong negotiations and the deal is said to be close to being finalized. McGuinness was ROH champion from October 6, 2007 through April 3, 2009.

He looks to be following Bryan Danielson, who was considered ROH's top wrestler, who also recently signed with WWE. The moves were precipitated when HDNet moved the ROH television show from a Saturday night time slot to a Monday night slot.

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2009, 06:05 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Also: HAHAHAHAHAHA Punk is amazing.

That kid's face OWNED SO HARD.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:07 PM
WWE with the raid.

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2009, 06:12 PM
It amuses me greatly that they're looking not to TNA, but to ROH. Can you imagine the Samoa Joe of two years ago being booked by WWE? I mean, Umaga and Khali have more credibility than him now.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:13 PM
It amuses me greatly that they're looking not to TNA, but to ROH. Can you imagine the Samoa Joe of two years ago being booked by WWE? I mean, Umaga and Khali have more credibility than him now.

Speaks to what they think of the TNA talent but to be honest...I don't think TNA has many guys that would make it in WWE.

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Speaks to what they think of the TNA talent but to be honest...I don't think TNA has many guys that would make it in WWE.AJ and Joe and Daniels are about all I can think of, but two of them are too small and Joe is missing a k in his name by this penis-faced point.

keg in kc
09-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Joe of several years ago would have been great, but WWE would never book a newly-signed talent on a monster winning streak like TNA gave him (and ultimately threw away).

I'm almost afraid to see what they're going to do with Danielson. He may be the best in the world, but not the WWE Universe™. I don't see them letting a 5'8, 180-pound guy get over clean on their 6'3, 240-pounders. I think his style would go over great in time, with the growth of MMA, but I don't expect them to let that happen, either. But Punk got over, so maybe anything can happen, and he'd obviously have Michaels behind him.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Mysterio is about to do a job thanks to his failing of a wellness test.

keg in kc
09-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Mysterio is about to do a job thanks to his failing of a wellness test.Supposedly it's a match of the year candidate. Too soon, he's got indy dates yet, but some were thinking it would be a great way to introduce danielson, have him destroy mysterio on his way out.

The whole Mysterio thing is really weird.

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I picked a goooooood night to watch Smackdown.

Morrison is so fucking amazing. And he's a pretty great wrestler, too.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Supposedly it's a match of the year candidate. Too soon, he's got indy dates yet, but some were thinking it would be a great way to introduce danielson, have him destroy mysterio on his way out.

The whole Mysterio thing is really weird.

It's probably painkillers, I don't think he could live a normal life let alone wrestle with out them.

Dude has blown out his knee about 5 times.

keg in kc
09-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I picked a goooooood night to watch Smackdown.

Morrison is so ****ing amazing. And he's a pretty great wrestler, too.I haven't watched any wrestling in months, but I have last week's dvr'd for hardy's final match and am recording this week's.

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2009, 07:12 PM
HOLY SHIT

Mecca
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Morrison and Mysterio have been putting on awesome matches basically all year.

Ultra Peanut
09-04-2009, 07:15 PM
I have never heard a "This is awesome!" chant on a WWE television show before.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I was reading some stuff about how awful working for WWE creative is, I'll post it shortly.

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 04:22 PM
<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/MzDIHFpxICj1Km_iTX_B9Q"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/MzDIHFpxICj1Km_iTX_B9Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:23 PM
For anyone wondering...TNA released Angelina Love.

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 04:32 PM
She's supposedly going to appear on raw in some capacity next week in Toronto, with Trish Stratus acting as guest host.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Angelina the same woman that the WWE told wasn't pretty enough to be a diva...

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 04:36 PM
I just think it's hilarious that TNA allowed her to work on a travel visa for all this time. Morans.

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Today's note:--Angelina Love's agent, Michael Klyzub, categorized her release from TNA as "a miscommunication of Angel Williams present visa status" and that once the issue is resolved that she is welcome to return. Klyzub wouldn't answer any other questions regarding her status.

BigRock
09-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Angelina Love's agent

Shouldn't her agent be the one making sure her visa status is kosher? What's she paying this guy for?

chuxtrux
09-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Mecca, can you post the stuff about the wwe creative team. It would make sense as to why they always put out below average content.

chiefs1111
09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
wow I really thought the whole Bob Barker thing was joke but he's really there

Reaper16
09-07-2009, 07:12 PM
I turn on RAW for the first time in MONTHS and I am rewarded with a 10 minute commercial for the Best of Smackdown DVD.

TrickyNicky
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I turn on Raw for the first time in years and see Bob Barker shooting on Jericho. Entertaining at least.

Jerm
09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
God I wish they'd put Jericho on Smackdown.

He's being wasted on this clownshow.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Mecca, can you post the stuff about the wwe creative team. It would make sense as to why they always put out below average content.I haven't listened to it yet, but figure 4 had a show in april with 3 former creative guys, and they apparently talked about how they'd been pushing a CM Punk straight edge heel turn forever and Vince shot it down over and over and over. LMAO

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 07:30 PM
God I wish they'd put Jericho on Smackdown.

He's being wasted on this clownshow.
Posted via Mobile DeviceHe's actually on Smackdown's roster I believe. He does both shows as the 'unified tag champ'.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Mecca, can you post the stuff about the wwe creative team. It would make sense as to why they always put out below average content.

Yea I'll put it up sorry about that I had to go do a fantasy draft.

Reaper16
09-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Where DX and Legacy are brawling right now? I've walked through there; I saw Iron Maiden last year at that arena.

chiefs1111
09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
ouch

Mecca
09-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I acutally got the powerslam magazine this article was in, and I've found the text of it online, and thought some of it was worth posting. It's by Matthew Randazzo and it answers a lot of the criticism the creative gets and why you can't really blame them for the stale product.

Quote:
New writers learn that a creative team survivor is a writer who understands that the McMahon family's faith in their employees is fickle, and impossible to restore when lost. The key to survival is simple: caution, caution, caution. Always agree with the McMahon’s and their favourites, relentlessly curry their approval, never draw attention to yourself, never complain and never take a bold or risky step because a single stumble can be fatal.

Quote:
"Wrestlers are very paranoid by nature and feel like, if you haven't paid your dues in the ring then you're not a part of the family," said Hollywood writer/producer Chad Damiani, who worked as a WCW Magazine and website writer and backstage fix-it man for WCW in the last few years of its existence under Time Warner ownership.

"I just assumed that wrestling would be like any other business - but there's a cliquish high school social structure,".
The test starts on the first day at work, when wrestling's age old etiquette requires a new employee to personally approach and introduce himself to every wrestler in the company with a limp handshake. To newcomers, unaware that this is compulsory in every wrestling promotion, it feels like an exercise in humiliation, whereby a nervous tryout is compelled to approach clearly uninterested icons like The Undertaker and make small talk, or interrupt the eerily intense pre-match rituals of obsessive professionals, or endure the put-downs and snubs of the openly hostile John Bradshaw Layfield and Hardcore Holly. As he runs this unremitting gauntlet, an outsider with real world accomplishments must be careful at all times to appear meek, lest he be branded forever as a "snob" by wrestlers. Someone with actual wrestling knowledge, meanwhile, has toi surpress the career-killing reaction of "marking out" and "clamming up" when he meets his idols.

Quote:

Dr Ranjan Chhibber a life-long fan hired to the writing team in 2004 based on his award winning academic career, risked being tarnished with both stigma. Chhibber remembers Pat Patterson, cutting off his introduction the first time they met with a scowling "You ain't one of those Hollywood guys who want to ruin wrestling?". When Chhibber took a differnt tack and tried to offset his outsider status by informing flattered Senior Vince President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis that he was a fan of his All Japan matches, Stephanie McMahon reprimanded him for "acting like a mark",

Chhibber also said "Wrestlers feel like anyone who wishes to belong to their club is too lame to be accepted."

Quote:
"Vince is absolutely, incredibly intimidating, " said former WWE producer Domenic Cotter. "He's tremendously close to his on-screen character: he's just this big, tall guy with this big booming voice, with huge balls"

Quote:
Dominick Pagliaro, who worked as a WWE writer and Stephanie's assistant for more than a year in 2003-2004 said: "I remember I once asked (Vince) how he made it so big, and he just told me: "I've eaten s*** from everybody, every day of my life. That's all I do: I eat s***.". Flabbergasted, Paglairo had no idea how to respond.

Quote:
Madigan said he was with WWE on the European tour when his wife had a miscarriage and his father in law died so he had to come home. While at the funeral, he says, he got a call from WWE asking Stephanie asking him to come back to Europe for a meeting on Tough Enough. She was actually yelling at him over the phone while he was standing by his father in law's graveside.

Quote:
After the initial trial period, the writer's main interaction with Vince and Stephanie comes during the weekly Thursday/Friday writing team meetings in which the plans for the next week are thrashed out. According to more than one former WWE writer, these meetings added digestive discomfort to the usual brew of social and professional discomfort, since only the McMahon's were allowed to eat during the marathon sessions.
"It was just brutal. There was never any food provided in the writers' room - but it wasn't their place to feed us said one former WWE writer. "You did get hungry after three hours, especially when Vince and Stephanie would have their respective assistants bring them lunch and they would eat in front of us".
Vince always ate in the meetings. . . He had some sort of beef wrap with ketchup," added Domenic Cotter. "The meetings usually ran the entire day (without food)."
To this day, no refreshments are provided to WWE writing staff.

There's a lot of other things that are bad as well, if I remember correctly.

- Brian Gerwtiz and Michael Hayes are constantly trying to sabotage new writers, because they feel threatened by their spot.
- One of the initiations for new writers is to go on a limo ride with the McMahons...which is every bit as awkward as it sounds.
-one time Vince called the entire creative team down to Florida for a meeting. Once they got there, Vince decided he didn't want a meeting after all, and they'd spent all that time travelling there for nothing (this was in the observer)
-one writer recently brought up a John Cena heel turn,...and Vince called him an idiot in front of everyone (even if he didn't think it was a good idea...jeez, man)

Also, Stephanie is crazy. Like, really crazy. And it's worse than Vince because Stephanie kind of knows she's not as smart as him, so she does everything possible to compensate for it including trying to be a drill seargent. I remember in f4w one writer said he felt a bit sorry for her, because she was competely brainwashed, and there's nothing left of her that isn't artifice.

My favorite irrational Steph story from an ex-WWE Writer was Stephanie apparently screaming and crying out "Why?!!!" backstage, movie-style when HHH tore his quad the 2nd time. He said everyone was just standing there looking at her all awkward and everyone's impulse was to say "you know he's not dead, right?". Luckily, they kept their mouths shut.

Here's another writer's account from another issue of powerslam. This was from a CURRENT writer, so things must be bad if he's willing to risk spilling his/her guts to a magazine. This is from an issue in late 2008.

Quote:
“When I first started working as a writer in the WWE, this is the creative format that was used: we all pitched ideas to our respective show’s head writer and then they would e-mail a draft of the show to the full writing staff, Vince and Stephanie on Friday night. This would allow all of us to read the shows before the marathon Saturday conference calls that would begin at 9am and continue, on some days as late as 5am. But there was one additional person, who would receive the shows: HHH. His position as a member of WWE creative was never established, yet he had to get a copy of the show, lest we incur both his and Stephanie’s wrath. Curiously enough, HHH would never participate in any of the conference calls. His changes would be passed on to Stephanie. She would declare in a firm voice on the Saturday conference calls, ‘Hunter doesn’t like that idea, and this is what he wants to change it to.’ Then Vince would always say in a nice, soft tone, which was unusual for him: ‘Hmmmmm. What do you all think of that?” Brian Gewirtz, the notorious Stephanie and HHH lackey, would always be the first to reply, without a moment’s hesitation, ‘I think that’s a brilliant idea, Steph!’ in his Eddie Munster voice. Then every other writer, with the exception of one or two, would chime in saying variants of ‘I agree’ and ‘good idea’, etc. Then Vince would say, ‘Well, if there’s no disagreement, make the changes, Brian.’ Same routine, over and over, whenever it involved a change suggested by HHH. It seemed like a work to me: Stephanie firmly declares HHH’s idea, Vince acts neutral towards it and asks for our opinions, and then Gewirtz quickly kisses Stephanie’s ass, prompting everyone else to agree.

“This routine would never change, except those weeks when we had a triple-header work marathon (Sunday PPV, RAW on Monday, Tuesday taping of SmackDown): we would work on the RAW scripts during the day of the Sunday PPV. In those instances we wouldn’t e-mail the scripts to HHH --- we would hand-deliver them to him. Normally, the head writer of the show would give it to him, but occasionally that job fell to me. I remember being nervous the first time I delivered the script to the McMahon dressing room where HHH would dress (he would never use the locker rooms with the rest of the boys). When HHH answered I told him the RAW script was ready for his review. On the first occasion, he grabbed the script, flipped through it but did not read it, and asked me point-blank: ‘Am I f—king going over?’ This first time that I delivered the script to him, he did indeed win his match, so I said yes. Then he politely gave the script back to me without reading it and said, ‘That’s all I needed to know,’ and walked back into the McMahon locker room. A few months later when Gewirtz had another weekend off, I delivered another RAW script to him on a PPV Sunday. And it was the same routine. He nonchalantly flipped through it and said, ‘Am I f—king going over?’ This time, however, he was to lose his match via disqualification. He would keep his title. I said to him, ‘Well, sort of.’ Then HHH froze. He said, ‘What do you f—king mean, sort of?’ I said, ‘You lose the match via DQ, so you still keep the title.’, ‘What page?’ he growled. After I told HHH the page number this occurred on, he ripped that page out, threw the rest of the script to the floor in a rage, and slammed the door in my face. Needless to say, the next day during the agents’ meeting, the script had somehow changed and now HHH won his match – cleanly. This was hardly an isolated incident.

“Ultimately, it’s not HHH’s fault or even Stephanie’s fault, really. WWE is Vince’s company: no one challenges him or what he says must happen. I spent a lot of time with both HHH and Vince together --- in some cases, five hours a day, especially when we had to take Vince’s Challenger Jet from Connecticut to somewhere on the West Coast. And the fact is that Vince has no objectivity when it comes to HHH. When any of us writers come up with an idea, Vince would say things like: ‘That’s great! Why am I even paying these guys?’ and then laugh, while pointing at all of us strikers. In stark contrast, when Shane McMahon would sit in on some agent meetings, his ideas would be shot down by Vince. Vince was at his most human when interacting with Shame, in that he would yell at Shane like any dad yells at his son, but the yelling was always to try and make Shane better. With HHH, though, Vince would never publicly disagree with him. And with Stephanie by his side, he would accept whatever trash HHH spewed. After all, Vince would do anything for his baby girl. She would incessantly whine to him about putting HHH over, so Vince would do that for her . . .”

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM
If it was anybody but DX, I might think Legacy was going over Sunday, the way they got beat down and then ran.

Hope you guys are ready for the latest John Cena title reign.

Boris The Great
09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Its by Matthew Randazzo

ROFL

Havent heard that name in a while.

Jerm
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Lol and the sad part is...every bit of that sounds completely logical and is more than likely spot on, esp concerning HunTor.

Pretty disturbing and ridiculous at the same time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
LOL yea that guy's amusing but based on what former writers have said I'd believe that stuff.

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Good stuff mecca. I honestly haven't been watching much wrestling lately but the show tonight was ok. I did like Barker being the guest GM.

Also keg I don't think Cena wins on Sunday I think Orton is going to hold onto the title for quite a while longer

TrickyNicky
09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I see why Paul E. didn't want to work with Stephanie anymore.

Boris The Great
09-07-2009, 09:53 PM
LOL yea that guys amusing but based on what former writers have said Id believe that stuff.

The problem is the former writers Randazzo uses, particularly Chibber and Madigan (especially Madigan) have been drawn and quartered in terms of their credibility. And Randazzo keeps quoting them because they are willing to tell him anything. So then Randazzo gets his credibility assaulted, like what happened with guys like Meltzer after his book came out.

The worst of the lot is Madigan, who has practically been painted as a psychopath. That dude is creepy. He is also the guy who wrote the See No Evil movie Kane was in, which probably explains a lot.

Did you hear the story of him pitching the idea of Heyman (who is Jewish, of course) managing a Nazi wrestler? He starts goosestepping all around the writers room pitching this idea, the writers are sitting there with their mouths open, and Stephanie was like umm OK. Then literally that day, insider guys got emails first from people who were there telling that story and laughing at Madigan over it, and then they got emails from Madigan himself (who most had never heard from before) talking about how Stephanie was a miserable **** (using those words) and he would go undercover and prove it if they wanted him to.

BigRock
09-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Did you hear the story of him pitching the idea of Heyman (who is Jewish, of course) managing a Nazi wrestler? He starts goosestepping all around the writers room pitching this idea, the writers are sitting there with their mouths open, and Stephanie was like umm OK. Then literally that day, insider guys got emails first from people who were there telling that story and laughing at Madigan over it, and then they got emails from Madigan himself (who most had never heard from before) talking about how Stephanie was a miserable **** (using those words) and he would go undercover and prove it if they wanted him to.

WUT

Man, I don't remember hearing any of that.

BigRock
09-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh yeah, I bumped this thread for a reason.

LOLZ @ JEFF

We at the Cameron, North Carolina P.D. would like to thank concerned citizen P. Brooks for his assistance in helping nab this nefarious drug trafficker.

Reaper16
09-11-2009, 04:29 PM
So, uh, Jeff Hardy got busted for having like 1,000+ pills at his house.

Mecca
09-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I think he has the story a bit convaluted, Madigan pitched the idea for Heidenreich's gimmick to be that he was a unfrozen Nazi.

Mecca
09-11-2009, 04:30 PM
So, uh, Jeff Hardy got busted for having like 1,000+ pills at his house.

It's a good thing he's no longer employed!

Jerm
09-11-2009, 04:31 PM
C.M. Punk was right~!

LOL.

Idiot Jeff.

Captain Obvious
09-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I Netflixed the WCW DVDs. Was pretty cool watching some of the old matches. Bobby Heenan was brilliant at his job.

Boris The Great
09-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I think he has the story a bit convaluted, Madigan pitched the idea for Heidenreichs gimmick to be that he was a unfrozen Nazi.

The whole gimmick was that Heidenreich would be a cyborg nazi created by Hitlers scientists during WW2 and cryogenically frozen in a lab hidden deep inside a cave in the swiss alps.

But there isnt anything off about what I said. About a month before Randazzos book came out, he wrote about this very topic in the same magazine you quoted that other story from. He had to know that when the book came out and people saw Madigan was the source he used most often, stories like this would be told to discredit Madigan as a nutcase. So telling the story himself was like a preemptive strike at getting it out there first and letting Madigan try to defend it.

All the stuff I mentioned (Nazi, Heyman managing him, goose stepping around the meeting, etc.) was all confirmed by Randazzo and Madigan. He made this big pitch of his idea, Vince just looked at him and then got up and left, so it was left to Stephanie to end this totally awkward meeting.

The part that came out after Randazzo told the story, which Randazzo probably had no idea of, was how Madigan exposed himself as some psychopathic misogynist by contacting people afterward with this hatred towards Stephanie. Which he had no reason to have, it was Vince who walked out. But the guy is nuts.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm not watching tonight's show...

So apparently DX went on in the first hour?! Third match on the show?

Wonder if the idea was to put Legacy over (right move) but to do it at a point early enough where everybody watching would forget about it by the end of the show.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 08:08 PM
They put them over?

That means DX will kill them on Raw tomorrow.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 08:10 PM
They put them over?DX vs. Legacy is next

The "You Screwed Bret" chants were really loud, as they were doing their "For the thousands in attendance...." stuff. HHH was ready for it, and said something happened a long time ago here, and said it was all Shawn's fault. People didn't laugh, and actually booed Shawn louder. Still, Legacy was booed coming out.

They put Legacy over. Backstage Rhodes knocked out HHH with an ice chest and he was left laying. They fought for several minutes. Rhodes crotched Michaels on the post and put him in a really bad looking figure four around the post that may have made Bret Hart gag watching. DiBiase put the Million Dollar Dream on Michaels so it was a double submission. HHH was crawling from backstage and people expected him to make the save but Michaels instead tapped.

Crowd didn't boo Michaels after the first minute but they were less behind DX than you'd expect so in a 22:00 match, it dragged a lot. The submissions problem was real evident because nobody really had submissions over and they used moves like Rhodes doing an ankle lock, DX used guillotines and crowd wasn't buying. Finish was a surprise and there was a good spot that got over where HHH gave DiBiase a spinebuster on a food table, sending food everywhere, but not that good.

Josh Matthews asked Randy Orton about his reaction to the win. Orton said he had no reaction but knew Legacy would win. Orton played the role of whispering sick villain ala Jake Roberts in the promo.That means DX will kill them on Raw tomorrow.Of course.

The early match could also mean that Orton's going over Cena, although I don't see that happening. That would probably mean the Undertaker going over CM Punk, which wouldn't make much sense.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Cena and Orton going on second to last. So it looks like Orton and Taker might be going over.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Cena's your new champ. They're going to put a heel over to end the show?

Jerm
09-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Stupid ass booking and finish to the Cena/Orton match.

Cena kills him dead, Cena doesn't give up, slaps one submission on Orton, and he quits?

LOL ooooook.

Jerm
09-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Jesus Christ, just put the guy over clean.

Dumbass "screwjob" booking.

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Stupid ass booking and finish to the Cena/Orton match.

Cena kills him dead, Cena doesn't give up, slaps one submission on Orton, and he quits?

LOL ooooook.

LMAO Are you serious?

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 09:22 PM
C.M. Punk vs. Undertaker for the World title ends the show.

Undertaker with the gogoplata and immediate tap in 8:00. They were running way late so that may have been why the match was so short. Match was good for the time it was out there, but end felt like it was out of nowhere. Teddy Long then informed us that the move was banned and the match must continue.

Punk grabbed the Anaconda Vise a few seconds left, and they reprised Montreal and Scott Armstrong called for the bell even though no tap. Punk and the ref ran away as Teddy stood there like he turned heel. Wait, what?

The long-term goal here has to be Punk going over undertaker. Although what's the next PPV, Hell in a Cell?

Reaper16
09-13-2009, 09:27 PM
The internets are saying that Undertaker spelled 'TNA' in the air after the cameras went off. Which is an awesome joke, seeing as how the match referenced the Montreal Screwjob, and after the Screwjob Bret Hart spelled 'WCW' in the air.

Jerm
09-14-2009, 11:54 AM
LMAO Are you serious?

Yup.

I screwed it up...Orton killed Cena throughout the match, had him handcuffed and beat the shit outta him.

Cena got the key and got loose, Orton hits the RKO, and then Cena slapped on the STF and Orton quit in like 5 seconds.

It was ridiculous.
Posted via Mobile Device

Swanman
09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Has anyone been watching ROH since it moved to Mondays? I would recommend it, they have put on some great tv matches in the last few weeks, especially the main event. Last night's show had a main event of the Briscoes vs. Steen and Generico that was amazing and probably the best tv match I have seen all year, even though it did end in a schmozz with a no decision (which actually made sense given what's going on in their tag division right now).

With the company losing Danielson and McGuinness to the E, the landscape will be changing in ROH, hopefully it comes out ok.

keg in kc
09-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Yup.

I screwed it up...Orton killed Cena throughout the match, had him handcuffed and beat the shit outta him.

Cena got the key and got loose, Orton hits the RKO, and then Cena slapped on the STF and Orton quit in like 5 seconds.

It was ridiculous.
Posted via Mobile DeviceAlmost as ridiculous as Orton getting beat up by a one-armed Batista the next night.

They're really selling me on that Cena/Orton Hell in a Cell match.

And I can't wait to see Punk/Untertaker/Batista in a Cell. I hope that's not where they're going. Although I guess it would be a way to give Punk a banana peel win to retain the title, have taker and tista take each other out. God knows Punk's not getting a clean win.

keg in kc
09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
LMAO

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3adRJHMIgvA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3adRJHMIgvA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BigRock
09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/r1yg43.jpg

Ultra Peanut
09-18-2009, 06:55 PM
BUCKLE UP TEDDY

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. HOT BOXIN', 1995.

Mecca
09-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Deadly pink smoke.

Ultra Peanut
09-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Oh god, Punk becomes exponentially hotter with increasing smugness.

keg in kc
09-30-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't know how long these will be up, they'll get pulled as soon as WWE sees them, but damn does this show what's missing nowadays. The Rock's promo for Friday night's anniversary smackdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN8kE4sIMUo
and

Quesadilla Joe
09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Did somebody say Orton? :p

Reaper16
09-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't know how long these will be up, they'll get pulled as soon as WWE sees them, but damn does this show what's missing nowadays. The Rock's promo for Friday night's anniversary smackdown:

and
Ah, charisma and mic ability. How the WWE misses you.

Today's piece of trivia that everyone knows already: The 1st Smackdown episode was in Kansas City. I was in the audience that night.

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm still surprised adults past the age of 25 watch this. My son loves this shit, but he's also 10...

keg in kc
09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm still surprised adults past the age of 25 watch this. My son loves this shit, but he's also 10...I used to watch it all the time, but not so much nowadays. Unfortunately these days they cater more to viewers your son's age than they do adults past the age of 25.

Ten years ago, at its height in popularity, the product was much more adult-oriented. Now it's all midgets and bad 'family-safe' comedy, and it just doesn't do much for me. I'll go weeks and often months without watching, and when I do watch, I probably fast-forward through 75% of the programs. I did that for Raw monday and got through a 2-hour program in about 10 minutes.

'course the internet is a part of that, too - I can read reports on the shows, know ahead of time what I want to watch, and filter out the rest.

keg in kc
09-30-2009, 01:40 PM
lmao, monday's raw got a 3.1.

Swanman
09-30-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm still surprised adults past the age of 25 watch this. My son loves this shit, but he's also 10...

Been a while since we had one of these posts.

big nasty kcnut
10-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I love you lacey von erich
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-01-2009, 08:54 PM
I used to watch it all the time, but not so much nowadays. Unfortunately these days they cater more to viewers your son's age than they do adults past the age of 25.

Ten years ago, at its height in popularity, the product was much more adult-oriented. Now it's all midgets and bad 'family-safe' comedy, and it just doesn't do much for me. I'll go weeks and often months without watching, and when I do watch, I probably fast-forward through 75% of the programs. I did that for Raw monday and got through a 2-hour program in about 10 minutes.

'course the internet is a part of that, too - I can read reports on the shows, know ahead of time what I want to watch, and filter out the rest.

Linda McMahon is running for senate so that is why all of this shit has been toned way down.

keg in kc
10-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Linda McMahon is running for senate so that is why all of this shit has been toned way down.It's not that, they've been tonight it down for years now.

Mecca
10-01-2009, 09:00 PM
It's not that, they've been tonight it down for years now.

And before that she wanted to get on the Connecticut board of education...I'm not kidding.

Her desires to be in charge of stuff caused them to majorly start toning things down. It wasn't the only reason but it's a big reason.

keg in kc
10-01-2009, 09:13 PM
And before that she wanted to get on the Connecticut board of education...I'm not kidding.

Her desires to be in charge of stuff caused them to majorly start toning things down. It wasn't the only reason but it's a big reason.She's actually on the Connecticut board of education, I believe. Like I said, this trend toward a more "family-friendly" product goes back years now. It's nothing new.

big nasty kcnut
10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I would the whole thing.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 07:26 PM
So they apparently (I'm not watching...) opened the PPV with Punk and taker, with taker going over.

Morrison already retained.

Jericho and Big Show already retained.

Cena and Orton are going on at the midway point of the show, just about to start.

Which means that Hun-Tor is main eventing the PPV. With no title of any kind on the line in the feud. And DX will go over, I would assume.

Geez.

4th and Long
10-04-2009, 07:34 PM
So they apparently (I'm not watching...) opened the PPV with Punk and taker, with taker going over.

Morrison already retained.

Jericho and Big Show already retained.

Cena and Orton are going on at the midway point of the show, just about to start.

Which means that Hun-Tor is main eventing the PPV. With no title of any kind on the line in the feud. And DX will go over, I would assume.

Geez.
DX has been getting pounded by Evolution so your assumption has a few holes. However, I would not be surprised it they go over tonight.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
DX has been getting pounded by Evolution so your assumption has a few holes. However, I would not be surprised it they go over tonight.That's exactly why I think they're going over. Plus it's traditional to send the crowd home with a babyface win.

lmao, apparently a little kid just said (audibly) to Cena: "Nobody likes you anymore!"

Mecca
10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Um in WWE booking usually a face getting his ass kicked on TV means he's going over on the PPV, so Keg is dead on.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Vince is apparently flipping out over the Kimbo rating on TUF (they beat Raw badly) so who knows what they're going to do. The Undertaker carrying a belt now despite the fact that he can't walk probably isn't a real good sign for Legacy, but maybe Vince will be crazed enough to do something unexpected.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Vince is apparently flipping out over the Kimbo rating on TUF (they beat Raw badly) so who knows what they're going to do. The Undertaker carrying a belt now despite the fact that he can't walk probably isn't a real good sign for Legacy, but maybe Vince will be crazed enough to do something unexpected.

Oh now something retarded will happen, Vince flipping out usually leads to stupid shit not good shit.

4th and Long
10-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Since WWE and TNA are really the only games in town these days, Vince has himself to thank for absorbing the competition.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Maybe they've designed realistic scale dummies of Rhodes and DiBiase so Hun-Tor can literally rip their heads off and shit down their necks.

I bet one thing: they have an EPIC ring entrance. They have to outdo the whole army dudes and tank thing from a few weeks ago.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
The WWE is still trying to bullshit saying UFC isn't competition to them...

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 07:47 PM
The WWE is still trying to bullshit saying UFC isn't competition to them...They really aren't unless they make it a competition. "They" meaning WWE. There isn't as much crossover as you think because WWE is now a childrens product. If they wanted to compete with UFC they'd need to target the 18-45 market, which would mean returning to the Attitude Era.

Plus we're talking about a show that's on Wednesday versus a show on Monday...

What's killing Raw right now is Monday Night Football. The game last week was the highest rated cable show of the year, and tomorrow's game will beat that. Raw may not make a 3 rating.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 07:48 PM
No matter how much they don't want to admit it, the audience that made the WWE boom 10 years ago is watching UFC now.

No matter how badly they want to say they're appealing to kids now their biggest audience is still young males.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 07:52 PM
No matter how much they don't want to admit it, the audience that made the WWE boom 10 years ago is watching UFC now.

No matter how badly they want to say they're appealing to kids now their biggest audience is still young males.I'm not saying that's not true. I'm saying it was their decision 5 or 6 years ago to target little kids and go away from the boom audience that has cost them ratings.

What UFC has done to get themselves to boom, actually, is basically do everything that WWE did 10 years ago. MMA fans don't want to admit it, or even think about it, but Dana promotes UFC like WWE circa 1999 in a lot of ways.

So they've become WWE while WWE has become barnum and bailey. And WWE doesn't have anybody to blame but themselves.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I actually hard this argument and there are plenty of people that actually said "attitude had to end it has run its course people were tired of it"

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I think eventually WWE can catch back up to UFC. I think UFC is oversaturating their audience (just like WWE is with a dozen PPVs) and ultimately WWE can control the outcome of their matches when UFC can't, which, although surprises are always good, is a huge advantage as far as promotion goes.

On the flip side, MMA is essentially stealing an entire generation of talent from pro wrestling, which could be a killer long term. Then again, training in MMA doesn't necessarily preclude one from training in pro wrestling down the line.

Reaper16
10-04-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm not saying that's not true. I'm saying it was their decision 5 or 6 years ago to target little kids and go away from the boom audience that has cost them ratings.

What UFC has done to get themselves to boom, actually, is basically do everything that WWE did 10 years ago. MMA fans don't want to admit it, or even think about it, but Dana promotes UFC like WWE circa 1999 in a lot of ways.

So they've become WWE while WWE has become barnum and bailey. And WWE doesn't have anybody to blame but themselves.

I actually hard this argument and there are plenty of people that actually said "attitude had to end it has run its course people were tired of it"
It was more like they ran out of talent like Austin and The Rock to carry the attitude era in both mic ability and physical swagger. The personalities on the show don't lend themselves to an attitude era type product.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
That's partially because the WWE now realizes with no competition they can push their pet projects. Their promos are all so heavily scripted now no one has a real personality.

Swanman
10-04-2009, 08:01 PM
The WWE is still trying to bullshit saying UFC isn't competition to them...

Of course it's competition to them. The products may not be identical (but close enough, two guys beating the crap out of each other, "fake" or not), but they are both going after money that consumers spend on PPVs. I guarantee quite a few people that tired of the WWE product get their monthly fix of violence with UFC PPVs nowadays, especially with a guy like Brock Lesnar in the UFC.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 08:05 PM
LMAOR-Truth vs. Drew McIntyre

Good luck to these guys coming out after a title change in a Hell in a Cell two hours into the show.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 09:44 PM
DX did go over.

Apparently the PPV was just abysmal.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Stunning.

BryanBusby
10-05-2009, 04:02 AM
No idea if this has been posted or not, but some of the kids responses were hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEShcGHkTvk

"aw man, not again?"

keg in kc
10-05-2009, 11:24 AM
So according to Meltzer, Punk is being punished because of how he dressed on the recent European tour. Apparently Undertaker said something to him about how he should dress like a world champion, and Punk replied by saying "what about John Cena?" So the people in stamford took that as Punk being so arrogant that he thinks he's as big a star as Cena, and now he's being completely squashed, maybe permanently. Undertaker and Batista is the direction they're going as of right now.

chiefscafan
10-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Movie didn't download I'm tired of Cena he seems the new hunter

Jerm
10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Undertaker is about as big of a douche as Huntor is...no way he should be carrying the title.

Oh yay, Taker/Batista for the 3,280 time...I'm sure the ratings will come streaming in.

Taking the belt off the best and most over heel in the company to stroke an old man's ego just shows how much Vince and his bookers are out of touch with reality.

Sadly I'm not surprised.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
10-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I think I read somewhere this is the deadman's last year or whatever in the WWE. Any truth to this?

Jerm
10-05-2009, 12:13 PM
I think I read somewhere this is the deadman's last year or whatever in the WWE. Any truth to this?

We can only hope.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
I swear to God, Ben Rothlisberger has better mic skills than half the WWE roster. I don't know why the Steelers are guest hosting, but the idea is better than it had any right to be.

Mecca
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Kennedy in an interview he did basically said Cena is every bit as bad as Triple H is about fucking people over.

dirk digler
10-05-2009, 08:15 PM
That sucks for Punk.

keg in kc
10-05-2009, 08:26 PM
I think I read somewhere this is the deadman's last year or whatever in the WWE. Any truth to this?The european tour in november is called the "Rest in Peace tour" or something like that and has been rumored to be the lead-in to his retirement at the next wrestlemania.

keg in kc
10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm the miz and I'm not awful.

Reaper16
10-05-2009, 08:29 PM
A nice chunk of the crowd was giving Miz some pop.

keg in kc
10-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh shit.Shane McMahon announces resignation PDF Print E-mail

The resignation of Shane McMahon was announced this morning by World Wrestling Entertainment.

McMahon, 39, wrote, "It is with great sadness that I announce my resignation from the WWE, effective January 1, 2010. I have never even considered a future outside the walls of the WWE. However, sometimes life takes an unexpected turn and while it is the most difficult decision I have ever made, it is time for me to move on."

Aside from that he thanked his father, the wrestlers and the fans.

Rumors McMahon was leaving the company surfaced late last night catching almost everyone off guard.

The January 1 date was giving the company more than 60 days notice.

It is not known what projects he is doing next. McMahon was Executive Vice President of Global Media, and recently was involved in closing the deal to get WWE an expanded PPV presence in Mexico.

We'll update this story as the day goes on.

Reaper16
10-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh shit.
Russo swerve.

keg in kc
10-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Russo swerve.That was my initial thought, maybe a new invasion angle or something, but it's been reported by Forbes.

keg in kc
10-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Speaking of Russo swerves...Television ad up early with Bound for Glory spoilers - Spoiler warning PDF Print E-mail

For reasons that I'm not clear of, both Time Warner and Comcast have been running ads today for the November 15th Turning Point PPV.

The ad states "Last month A.J. Styles cemented his legacy whe he defeated the icon Sting," and then hints at some sort of betrayal.

It is possible TNA could change the finish of the main event, but unlike WWE, TNA's storylines and direction are done months in advance and it would require throwing all out main event plans going forward several months.

--thanks to Timothy Gammel and many othersROFL LMAO

tate2133
11-22-2009, 07:14 PM
good survivor series stream?

Buck
12-04-2009, 07:11 PM
RIP, Umanga

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Jesus Christ.

He was only 36.

WildTurkey
12-04-2009, 08:30 PM
damn shame... way too young

unothadeal
12-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Okay UP, come back for this monumental event.

Reaper16
12-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I hope the Bret Hart's return angle doesn't end up being epic fail.

58kcfan89
12-29-2009, 01:07 AM

I read somewhere that he's signed a contract through WrestleMania. I'll bet it ends up being the Taker-Michaels rematch at Mania with McMahon backing HBK and Bret backing Taker. Bret screws Michaels, who knew he could beat Taker... At least that's what my friend & I get out of it.

big nasty kcnut
12-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Bret hart will be intresting
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefs1111
12-29-2009, 01:30 AM

I hope not either,but you know it will be...

Reaper16
12-29-2009, 02:37 AM
I read somewhere that he's signed a contract through WrestleMania. I'll bet it ends up being the Taker-Michaels rematch at Mania with McMahon backing HBK and Bret backing Taker. Bret screws Michaels, who knew he could beat Taker... At least that's what my friend & I get out of it.
I hope not. Taker and HBK can put on a spectacular match without such gimmicks.

keg in kc
01-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Little warm-up for tonight's big night:

<embed src="http://media1.nfb.ca/medias/flash/ONFflvplayer-gama.swf" width="516" height="337" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" autostart="false" autoplay="false" flashvars="mID=IDOBJ4591&bufferTime=10&width=516&height=337&image=http://media1.nfb.ca/medias/nfb_tube/thumbs_large/2009/HitmanHart_Big.jpg&autostart=false&autoplay=false&showWarningMessages=false&streamNotFoundDelay=15&lang=en&getPlaylistOnEnd=true&playlist_id=REL4591&embeddedMode=true"></embed>

And I'm actually going to watch Impact. 7-8:45, if I can handle it that long, then start watching DVR'd Raw. Maybe watch the 2nd half of Impact when it's over.

Weird having an almost monday night war monday.

keg in kc
01-04-2010, 03:40 AM
My guess is somehow Michaels and Bret bury the hatchet tonight, and it's Bret/McMahon at WM. That whole bit about everything will be good last week just makes it sound like Michaels turning on Vince and Bret setting up the match.

This is either going to be really good, or really, really, biblically bad.

Swanman
01-04-2010, 08:30 AM
My guess is somehow Michaels and Bret bury the hatchet tonight, and it's Bret/McMahon at WM. That whole bit about everything will be good last week just makes it sound like Michaels turning on Vince and Bret setting up the match.

This is either going to be really good, or really, really, biblically bad.

If done well, it could be very interesting if Hart and HBK aligned, either for good or for the eventual swerve at WM. With that said, the mongoloids in WWE will do their paint-by-numbers writing and make Bret the special guest ref at WM between Taker and HBK. Probably something stupid like Taker putting HBK in the sharpshooter and Hart calling for the bell right away.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Its been 14 years since I have been this excited for RAW tonight...

ChiefJustice
01-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Little warm-up for tonight's big night:

<embed src="http://media1.nfb.ca/medias/flash/ONFflvplayer-gama.swf" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" autostart="false" autoplay="false" flashvars="mID=IDOBJ4591&bufferTime=10&width=516&height=337&image=http://media1.nfb.ca/medias/nfb_tube/thumbs_large/2009/HitmanHart_Big.jpg&autostart=false&autoplay=false&showWarningMessages=false&streamNotFoundDelay=15&lang=en&getPlaylistOnEnd=true&playlist_id=REL4591&embeddedMode=true" width="516" height="337">

And I'm actually going to watch Impact. 7-8:45, if I can handle it that long, then start watching DVR'd Raw. Maybe watch the 2nd half of Impact when it's over.

Weird having an almost monday night war monday.

My bet is that Raw is going to suck....and that Vince has already secretly taken control of TNA.

Reaper16
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
If done well, it could be very interesting if Hart and HBK aligned, either for good or for the eventual swerve at WM. With that said, the mongoloids in WWE will do their paint-by-numbers writing and make Bret the special guest ref at WM between Taker and HBK. Probably something stupid like Taker putting HBK in the sharpshooter and Hart calling for the bell right away.
If Bret is the guest ref then I hope he hits someone with a chair ala Summerslam '98 where HBK was the guest ref between Bret and Taker. HBK accidentally hit Taker with a chair shot and Bret beat Taker for the title that Bret would lose 3 months later to HBK in Monteal.

Saulbadguy
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Haven't watched wrestling in probably 7 or 8 years but tuned in to watch this.

SnakeXJones
01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Watching tna for an hour before raw my imo tna is finally the new retirement home for wrestlers out of their prime and has beens

Saulbadguy
01-04-2010, 08:45 PM
lol, haven't watched Wrestling in many years...it's been on for 45 minutes, and there have been 2 matches. 2. One of them was a womens match...

Saulbadguy
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh, and now a glorified toy commercial with a midget.

OmahaChief
01-04-2010, 10:06 PM
AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle was an epic match. Old school wrestling with high spots. Probably the best match I have seen in 10 years.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Wow that was a let down.

Brett got fat.

The angle between HBK and Brett at the beginning of RAW was more entertaining then what happened at the end between him and Mcmahon. The crowd didn't seem that into it.

I think 12 years was too long. A lot of the fan base is probably too young to even know who Brett Hart is.

I was a Hitman fan growing up and after that, I think they would have been better off not bringing him back to "bury the hatchet".

keg in kc
01-04-2010, 11:52 PM
It began great, I really liked Bret and HBK out there, but the rest of the show sucked. The end would have been good if it wasn't Vince making himself the center of attention for 10 minutes. Just come out and kick him, for christ's sake. They have a lot of work to do to make this a worthwhile angle by mania.

I thought Impact, despite typical TNA retardation, was actually a much better show with several good matches.

Mecca
01-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Keg is a big fan of the band getting back together apparently.

keg in kc
01-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Keg is a big fan of the band getting back together apparently.I thought that was the worst segment of the show.

I doubt I watch TNA again, either way.

big nasty kcnut
01-05-2010, 12:08 AM
I like what tna doing don't be shock if foley and jarrett team up to stop hogan.

keg in kc
01-05-2010, 12:13 AM
I just read that Danielson debuted tonight in a dark match with Chavo.

Mecca
01-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Personally I enjoyed Hall punching Mick Foley and saying "cmon fat boy" cause if you've seen Hall him calling anyone fat these days is truly hilarious.

Galileo Humpkins
01-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Had it not been for the PG rating, I half expected Shawn Michaels to bring the suprise buttsecks on Bret Hart.

Predictable RAW was predictable. Glad I didn't waste another Monday on McMahon's Dora the Explorer meets Yo Gabba Gabba emporium.

TNA, aside from Bubba the Homeless Dickcheese and the Nasty Boys, was exceedingly entertaining.

Watching tna for an hour before raw my imo tna is finally the new retirement home for wrestlers out of their prime and has beens

lolz.

big nasty kcnut
01-05-2010, 01:10 AM
Galileo Humpkins true but i still think rvd the key get him you could get some awesome matches with wolfe, daniel , styles and sting

Galileo Humpkins
01-05-2010, 01:21 AM
I feel more than confident RVD will show up at some point or another. Various internet sites have reported [interpret that as you may] he signed a short term deal back in December that would allow him to test the waters on how he's going to be used. Although he's saying he won't be returning to either company, I'm more inclined to think he's working the net to maintain the "surprise" element for when he does come back.

Also, it's wonderful having Bischoff back on television. That man is brilliant to listen to.

chiefs1111
01-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Personally I enjoyed Hall punching Mick Foley and saying "cmon fat boy" cause if you've seen Hall him calling anyone fat these days is truly hilarious.

Yeah I laughed at that one. Im honestly surprised Hall is still alive. He always seemed like he would be one to die young.

kcxiv
01-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah I laughed at that one. Im honestly surprised Hall is still alive. He always seemed like he would be one to die young.

Ya, he's always had a massive drinking problem. hope he doesnt end up as one of them tragic wrestling stories. Who knows.

Anyways, i watched TNA and i enjoyed it. I havent watched a full wrestling show since WcW so see'ing all the older guys again was pretty cool. I just dont think they will run the show like back when WCW was around. They will mix it up and then the older guys will fade after the younger guys get some wins over the legends.

I will tune in next week to TNA again.

OmahaChief
01-05-2010, 06:54 AM
At the very least two shows on Monday night should raise the game of WWE. I would have thought they would have put on a better show last night but it was the same old junk they have been putting out there for years now.

As for TNA. I watched it from time to time before tonight but I think I will make sure to check it out each week. Seeing some of the old WCW crew really got my blood pumping. Not that they are great wrestlers anymore but it was cool to see them. I think that these old guys mixed in with some of the young talent TNA has could put on some great matches. The X division guys are almost all great wrestlers and they have a few other guys as well that are very sound. Loved the heat between Hogan and the old NWO guys. Bishoff loved him. But as I said before AJ Styles vs. Angle was a showstopper. Anyone that did not see that match should catch the replay.Effin unreal.

eazyb81
01-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Hadn't watched wrestling in probably a year or more until last night, and was disgusted to see that The Miz is not only still there, but is the US Champ?! Dorks like that are the reason I stopped watching WWE, and a brief glimpse of Hart is not going to be enough to bring me back. TNA sounds interesting, might check it out next Monday.

Bret must really be low on money if he's coming back to McMahon.

kcxiv
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Hadn't watched wrestling in probably a year or more until last night, and was disgusted to see that The Miz is not only still there, but is the US Champ?! Dorks like that are the reason I stopped watching WWE, and a brief glimpse of Hart is not going to be enough to bring me back. TNA sounds interesting, might check it out next Monday.

Bret must really be low on money if he's coming back to McMahon.

hehe, i am sure after 13 years, you should be able to forgive someone. its not like Vince killed his family member.

I am sure Brett Hart is fine on money. Wrestling is and has been their live since they were born.

keg in kc
01-05-2010, 09:09 PM
They're saying a 1.5 for impact last night, 2.2 million viewers, which I'd think would would have to be seen as a huge success. Might be more live Monday's on the way.

Looks like Raw got a huge rating, too.

Maybe this'll be good for everybody in the long run.

In hilarious news that might keep me watching Raw slightly longer than I'd planned, your guest host on February 1st....William Shatner! LMAO

And Jeff Hardy was indicted today for felony possession of cocaine, felony drug trafficking of opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to redistribute a Schedule III controlled substance, maintaining a dwelling for drug use and/or distribution and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

Go TNA!

keg in kc
01-05-2010, 09:35 PM
A little history:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAMMmsONvbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAMMmsONvbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BryanBusby
01-10-2010, 11:42 PM
They're saying a 1.5 for impact last night, 2.2 million viewers, which I'd think would would have to be seen as a huge success. Might be more live Monday's on the way.

I'm surprised TNA was able to pull in a rating that high. With the whole Hart thing, I went up on youtube and pulled up some old wrasslin shit. It's amazing how much heat the Dudleys used to pull in during the ecdub days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrvkCA8gsAg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyqEaJMhjcU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysx3Aj-T1Uk&feature=related

NSFW language obviously. I miss the good ol days :(

Galileo Humpkins
01-11-2010, 02:44 AM
I see your Dudley Boys promo and raise you the greatest promo, well, ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FSh2s_lmthI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FSh2s_lmthI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keg in kc
01-14-2010, 01:29 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHs_Wx0ED38&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHs_Wx0ED38&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Swanman
01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHs_Wx0ED38&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHs_Wx0ED38&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice seeing Dragon on the big stage. I giggled when Dragon tried to shake Chavo's hand, guess he is bringing the code of honor to the E. I was shocked that he got the pin with just his running kick, he's got about 58 other finishers. I wanted to see some MMA elbows or cattle mutilation. I doubt they will let him use the triangle choke, which sucks.

I really hope (but not counting on) that Vince sees Dragon as more than just a little guy. He can have great matches with all shapes and sizes due to his groundbased offensive style (he can fly around a bit too). Just look at his matches with Morishima in ROH to see how he can work with a 300+ pounder.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2010, 08:51 PM
LMAO @ Shattner doing theme songs.

keg in kc
02-12-2010, 07:58 PM
If you haven't heard, Bryan Danielson's WWE name is apparently....

(drum roll, please)

Daniel Bryan.

(seriously)

Reaper16
02-12-2010, 08:06 PM
If you haven't heard, Bryan Danielson's WWE name is apparently....

(drum roll, please)

Daniel Bryan.

(seriously)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

keg in kc
02-19-2010, 08:27 PM
You know, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to NXT.

Mecca
02-19-2010, 08:30 PM
TNA is permanently moving to Monday Nights......I laugh when I hear Monday Night Wars more like Monday Night Massacre...

keg in kc
02-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Hopefully it'll be good in the long run, and the "competition" will mean we'll have less Raw's like last Monday's. 'cause, Jesus, what a fucking horrible show.

Smackdown has had a run of really good shows. Shame it's on that nothing network and nobody watches.

Mecca
02-19-2010, 08:52 PM
The problem is TNA doesn't have enough fans, a person who worked for the WWE when asked about it by Variety basically said "we don't view this as a threat whatsoever"

keg in kc
02-19-2010, 09:51 PM
I watched the january 4th show. I think that's the only TNA I've watched in a year or more. I'm not a fan in any way...

I do think the one (and maybe only) potential positive about it is the ability to click back-and-forth, even in the DVR age. It's like reliving the boom period. But I don't know if that attraction can last for more than a couple of weeks unless TNA can really up their game.

Mecca
02-23-2010, 02:10 AM
So I guess Shawn Michaels is going to call it a career eh?

BigCatDaddy
02-23-2010, 07:55 AM
So I guess Shawn Michaels is going to call it a career eh?

Everything sure points to an HBK victory don’t it? Taker went over last year, HBK jobbing left and right recently, career on the line…. I also expect them to keep Takers streak perfect until he retires so I’m torn on this one.

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Michaels has wanted to retire for two years but kept having to come back because people got hurt. Really, there's no reason to have him end the streak. It won't make him a bigger star in any way. So I'd argue that everything points to the Undertaker winning. But who knows with WWE. They probably won't make their minds up until the morning of the show.

As far as the streak goes, if they plan to end it, I'd say the smartest move would be to have a heel go over with a screw-job in 2011. I think people are more into the streak than they are the titles nowadays, and I think they could create a mega-star if they do it right. Just imagine the level of heat somebody could have...

BigCatDaddy
02-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Surely the Taker can't be to far behind HBK in the retirement line. He is starting to look pretty rough.

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Taker's probably in worse shape than Michaels. They're both supposedly taking a lot of time off after mania. Like I said, though, there's no real point in giving Michaels the win. The streak probably means more to fans than the belts do, and you don't gain anything giving it up to a guy who's already a legend...

Brock
02-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Wrestlers never really retire.

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I half wonder if they're not going to "retire" him just so they can outdo Flair's "retirement" ceremony on Raw two years ago. Kind of a final fuck you for going to TNA. Vince gets bizarre ideas sometime.

BigCatDaddy
02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Speaking of Flair.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/22/AR2010022204315.html?wprss=rss_sports

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Police say the wife of pro wrestler Ric Flair has been charged with assaulting him in their North Carolina home.

In a statement, Flair called the incident an unfortunate disagreement and said he did nothing wrong.

Authorities say officers were called to Flair's home in south Charlotte on Sunday night. Flair said his wife attacked him after they went out for dinner. He had minor injuries, but refused treatment from paramedics.

Police charged 41-year-old Jacqueline Beems with simple assault. She was released from jail a few hours after her arrest.

The 60-year-old platinum blond grappler nicknamed "The Nature Boy" is currently wrestling for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling after a long career with World Wrestling Entertainment.

SnakeXJones
02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Michaels has wanted to retire for two years but kept having to come back because people got hurt. Really, there's no reason to have him end the streak. It won't make him a bigger star in any way. So I'd argue that everything points to the Undertaker winning. But who knows with WWE. They probably won't make their minds up until the morning of the show.

As far as the streak goes, if they plan to end it, I'd say the smartest move would be to have a heel go over with a screw-job in 2011. I think people are more into the streak than they are the titles nowadays, and I think they could create a mega-star if they do it right. Just imagine the level of heat somebody could have...

Knowing WWE it'll probably be f'n Cena :shake:

chiefscafan
02-23-2010, 05:44 PM
I use to like cena now he is so boring and dull.

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Cena's been their biggest star for years now, it wouldn't make any more sense to do it with him than with Michaels, unless they decide to turn him heel (which they won't...). What they need to do is figure out who the next cena is, the guy who'll be on top in 2020, and let him break it.

Captain Obvious
02-23-2010, 06:18 PM
If I was a professional wrestler, I don't think I'd want to do a PPV in the state of Missouri again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/23/undertaker-on-fire-gets-b_n_473652.html

SnakeXJones
02-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Cena's been their biggest star for years now, it wouldn't make any more sense to do it with him than with Michaels, unless they decide to turn him heel (which they won't...). What they need to do is figure out who the next cena is, the guy who'll be on top in 2020, and let him break it.

Well, Understanding that but cena is just need a change his character is dull just like him also the only person comes to mind is sheamus or the incredibly dull Mr.Botchtista who are both heel(i think sheamus is a heel that how much i dont watch it mutch)

chiefscafan
02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Dude raw is going down bull riding competition it was slow for the divas then sped up for big show give me a break this PG raw is getting worse and worse.

What was on the undertakers face all the yellow did he get a bad tan job

this comedy crap is getting really bad whoose host next week martha Stewart and they are gonna have a cooking skit lol

like I said on another thread turn orton into a bad ass that fans like stone cold was that will make the show interesting.

Whether u like TNA or not going head to head with WWE it will force WWE to get more creative.

SnakeXJones
02-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Dude raw is going down bull riding competition it was slow for the divas then sped up for big show give me a break this PG raw is getting worse and worse.

this comedy crap is getting really bad whoose host next week martha Stewart and they are gonna have a cooking skit lol

like I said on another thread turn orton into a bad ass that fans like stone cold was that will make the show interesting.

Whether u like TNA or not going head to head with WWE it will force WWE to get more creative.

I very much doubt wwe is even concerned about tna at all even with them moving impact monday nights. Also Undertaker got burnt during his entrance if u missed it

WildTurkey
02-23-2010, 06:32 PM

I do like that they seem to be bringing back "insane" Randy Orton... in fact if there is anyone that I would like to see break takers streak I would like to see the Legend Killer get another shot at it especially after how much of a pussy they made him look like in that feud with Triple H and the McMahons

SnakeXJones
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
I do like that they seem to be bringing back "insane" Randy Orton... in fact if there is anyone that I would like to see break takers streak I would like to see the Legend Killer get another shot at it especially after how much of a pussy they made him look like in that feud with Triple H and the McMahons You have a point i forgot all about "The Legend Killer" that wouldnt be bad at all if he took out hbk or taker career in a angle

chiefscafan
02-23-2010, 06:42 PM
The fans want to cheer orton not sure they should just have him just take heels and faces out make him a bad ass again.

Sorry I appoligize for taker comment was he burnt Sunday or Monday?

SnakeXJones
02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
The fans want to cheer orton not sure they should just have him just take heels and faces out make him a bad ass again.

Sorry I appoligize for taker comment was he burnt Sunday or Monday?

no need to apologize for the comment wwe has been dull as hell(PG rating BS!) u have a right to rant! toward this crap they been putting out and I think it was at elimination chamber ppv not for sure didnt watch it or raw.

chiefscafan
02-23-2010, 07:14 PM
And he still wrestled the match after being slightly burnt what a stud. Yeah I love when they attack u for saying you want more. I feel as wrestling fans we should expect more and in my opinion WWE is just going through the motions.

WildTurkey
02-23-2010, 07:21 PM
no need to apologize for the comment wwe has been dull as hell(PG rating BS!) u have a right to rant! toward this crap they been putting out and I think it was at elimination chamber ppv not for sure didnt watch it or raw.

It was an ok PPV.... Orton choking out Kofi using the outside of the cage was fun

Mecca
02-23-2010, 09:01 PM
The WWE does not care about TNA, most wrestling fans don't either, they are not a threat and the move will more than likely just hurt TNA and do nothing to the WWE.

Honest view, the WWE is boring, TNA is retarded.

WildTurkey
02-23-2010, 10:09 PM
The WWE does not care about TNA, most wrestling fans don't either, they are not a threat and the move will more than likely just hurt TNA and do nothing to the WWE.

Honest view, the WWE is boring, TNA is retarded and a retirement home for the elderly wrestler .

FYP

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry I appoligize for taker comment was he burnt Sunday or Monday?His pyro went off on Sunday with him standing in it. Second degree burns to his chest and face, the spots where he wasn't covered. Supposedly he was in a lot of pain. Could have been much worse, he was fortunate.

WildTurkey
02-23-2010, 10:11 PM
His pyro went off on Sunday with him standing in it. Second degree burns to his chest and face, the spots where he wasn't covered. Supposedly he was in a lot of pain. Could have been much worse, he was fortunate.

he's also a tough son of a bitch.... wrestling an elimination chamber match after that... I couldn't even tell he was in any pain

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I can't say I ever expected Danielson's television debut to be a competitive match against world heavyweight champion Chris Jericho. They're giving him a serious push right out the gates. That bump off the announce table looked brutal.

Unfortunately, he looked like the only guy on the show even remotely ready for Raw. Although the british dude with Jericho seemed to be a pretty good talker. And CM Punk cutting the promo about "why am I here?" and then walking out on his guy after he loses was pretty great. That has to be building to that guy getting his head shaved. Either way, I can see why they spent half the show focused on "Daniel Bryan". I didn't expect them to push the idea that he's had a storied indy career, though. Why not just keep his name if he's the first guy in years that you're going to acknowledge had a career outside of WWE? But, anyway, I thought he fit right in with Miz and Jericho, albeit a little nervous, and that match was pretty good.

Not the greatest show in the world, but it's enough to keep me tuned in.

Mecca
02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Did you enjoy heel Cole going off about the IWC and dirt sheets?

I thought it was funny because well there's a lot of truth in how that company thinks about that stuff in what he said.

Also frankly calling Danielson a rookie and Miz the pro is comically bad.

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Did you enjoy heel Cole going off about the IWC and dirt sheets?Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch. I got a chuckle when Josh mentioned JRs blog too, rofl.I thought it was funny because well there's a lot of truth in how that company thinks about that stuff in what he said.Totally. I'd been reading a lot over the past few months about how popular Danielson was backstage, because of the way he carries himself, respectful to everybody, and I think that shows in the way they're pushing him. It looks like he's worked the politics the right way.

The only thing he really has working against him is his size. He was noticably smaller than everybody else (including the Miz). But putting him in there with Jericho was a great way to counteract that. Can't think of a better way to protect him.Also frankly calling Danielson a rookie and Miz the pro is comically bad.I think it's hilariously bad, on one hand, but on the other I think it's good booking. Gives him an established heel to work with, gives the audience a feud that's basically "sports entertainer versus wrestler" (something I never thought I'd see) and an entrance feud for Raw down the road that may well end up with Danielson getting the US title sometime later in the year. It wouldn't have worked a year ago. But I think Miz is one of the most improved guys in the company over the last 12 months. He's really come a long a way. I never expected him to be anything, but it's looking to me like he's the future star and Morrison is just another guy, and I never saw it that way when they were in ECW together.

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
LMAO, they're playing this heel Cole for all it's worth, which I think is great:Michael Cole has requested his @WWEUniverse profile be removed from our site, not wanting to associate with "online fans" any longer.http://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/9560941396

Mecca
02-23-2010, 10:41 PM
The problem is it looks great to say us because we're in the know, to casual fans they really probably think Miz is a pro and Danielsons not.

I never really figured Danielson would get screwed because he's a Michaels guy and all that.

I will say some of Coles IWC shit was annoying because it sounded like nothing more than something that was fed to him that Vince or H would say backstage or some dipshit WWE mark would say to you.

Galileo Humpkins
02-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Premiere episode of NXT was quite vanilla with the exclusion of Daniel Bryan's performance.

keg in kc
02-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Casual fans aren't going to be watching NXT anyway. What's going to matter in the long run is how they build him once he gets on the main show.

BryanBusby
02-24-2010, 04:22 AM
But I think Miz is one of the most improved guys in the company over the last 12 months. He's really come a long a way. I never expected him to be anything, but it's looking to me like he's the future star and Morrison is just another guy, and I never saw it that way when they were in ECW together.

He's come a long way since hosting the boring skank searches and is the most interesting up and coming heel. The promo he ran talking crap on JBL and Benoit banning him from the locker room for eating a piece of chicken was pure awesome.

chiefscafan
02-24-2010, 01:58 PM
When did miz say that I kind of remember don't know where I saw it.

keg in kc
03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
I think this speaks for itself.

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/23873386001?isVid=1&publisherID=1578131970" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="playerID=23873386001&autoStart=false&videoID=69271224001&domain=embed&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

BryanBusby
03-03-2010, 04:19 AM
When did miz say that I kind of remember don't know where I saw it.

Late to the party, but here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ggC34eV2w

The Benoit mention was over the eating a piece of chicken line. He was the one that placed the ban.

big nasty kcnut
03-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Tna was pretty good last night i think it was way better then raw from what i've read about raw.

arrowheadnation
03-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Tna was pretty good last night i think it was way better then raw from what i've read about raw.

It was seriously like an episode of Monday Nitro from the late 90's....I loved it.

big nasty kcnut
03-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Also lacey von erich play the dumb blonde very well. even thou she has a advertisement company that she runs.

keg in kc
03-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Tna was pretty good last night i think it was way better then raw from what i've read about raw.Raw was boring last night. Unfortunately, however, TNA was just plain stupid. Some of the worst booking ideas I've seen in years. Not that it mattered, because nobody was watching. Raw pulled it's normal 3.4. TNA had a 1.0. That's worse rating than they've been pulling on Thursday.

And that was on a night where it was pretty clear that WWE didn't give a shit what TNA was doing. They obviously don't see them as any kind of a threat. And WWE is clearly right to think that. TNA has no chance.

Next Monday is going to be brutal. TNA is running a taped show against Stone Cold Steve Austin's return on a show featuring re-matches from past Wrestlemanias.

This "war" is over. There was no interest last night, certainly not anything approaching January 4th.

keg in kc
03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
On a totally different note, NXT is still plugging along. That show's still more interesting to me three weeks in than anything else WWE is doing right now.

big nasty kcnut
03-09-2010, 11:57 PM
you know i have to disagree then. I think the 1.0 was just that people need to get use to tna on monday night instead of being programed to watch raw. Plus i like the sting heel turn give him a new outlook and potential for fresh angles.

SnakeXJones
03-10-2010, 12:03 AM
you know i have to disagree then. I think the 1.0 was just that people need to get use to tna on monday night instead of being programed to watch raw. Plus i like the sting heel turn give him a new outlook and potential for fresh angles.

I still think that number is gonna get worse specially next week when stone cold guest host. BTW The Hogan Hall of Fame Ring is has to be one of the worst angel since the wcw hummer angel

keg in kc
03-10-2010, 12:13 AM
you know i have to disagree then. I think the 1.0 was just that people need to get use to tna on monday night instead of being programed to watch raw. Plus i like the sting heel turn give him a new outlook and potential for fresh angles.They pulled a 1.4 on a Monday night two months ago. So that argument doesn't hold very much water.

Russo's tried to make Sting a heel before. It's never, ever worked. Maybe it will this time. Either way, his 5-minute beatdown of RVD was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Next to not advertising that RVD was going to be on the show in the first place. Or Jeff Hardy. Or cutting the broadcast off right before the swanton on AJ. Or not having Samoa Joe on at all.

I really want TNA to work. They have a really talented roster and I think legitimate competition would be good for WWE. But TNA is doomed as long as the same guys (the writing staff, Russo and friends) are putting the shows together. They've shown over and over and over and over that they just don't have a clue. The thing I'm most worried about right now is that the move to Monday night will kill the company.

big nasty kcnut
03-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah but i hate raw cause they alway have the same guys as champ instead of charlie haas john morrison or r truth. Plus they mock guys like daniel bryanson cause he have past success outside of wwe. Plus their scared of guys like teddy hart cause he a little crazy hell that could put butt in the seats.

58kcfan89
03-10-2010, 12:43 AM
They pulled a 1.4 on a Monday night two months ago. So that argument doesn't hold very much water.

Russo's tried to make Sting a heel before. It's never, ever worked. Maybe it will this time. Either way, his 5-minute beatdown of RVD was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Next to not advertising that RVD was going to be on the show in the first place. Or Jeff Hardy. Or cutting the broadcast off right before the swanton on AJ. Or not having Samoa Joe on at all.

I really want TNA to work. They have a really talented roster and I think legitimate competition would be good for WWE. But TNA is doomed as long as the same guys (the writing staff, Russo and friends) are putting the shows together. They've shown over and over and over and over that they just don't have a clue. The thing I'm most worried about right now is that the move to Monday night will kill the company.

RVD was on TNA? WTF?!??!!!!

I still haven't seen Raw or Impact this week (stupid midterms), but I'll probably download them & skip to the parts I want to see later this week...

big nasty kcnut
03-10-2010, 03:04 AM
58kcfan89 watch tna it was really good.

SnakeXJones
03-10-2010, 05:29 AM
They pulled a 1.4 on a Monday night two months ago. So that argument doesn't hold very much water.

Russo wasnt never really good at storylines are even writing them its just like watching wcw in it's last year before vince bought them. Hogans gonna possibly gonna sign more over the hills to tna and its gonna prevent the great talent they already have on there rosters where they need to get like watching the f'n Nasty Boys again is also just unbelievable horrible to watch they are unbearable

big nasty kcnut
03-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Well from what i heard they are straying away from the over the hill talent and trying to push the young guys. That why there no older guys that have championship.

BryanBusby
03-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Every time I see this early Sandman promo, I crack the **** up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pj3TonQ2J00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pj3TonQ2J00&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's like he's a poor mans Sting

keg in kc
03-15-2010, 07:36 AM
As much as I can't stand Rey Misterio, they're doing a hell of a build with him and Punk.

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/0H_SaY9IGBbjx41-GQVS3w"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/0H_SaY9IGBbjx41-GQVS3w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/49hvJy1qV7dzPeaBfhVKHg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/49hvJy1qV7dzPeaBfhVKHg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

chiefscafan
03-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Lol I called it raw predictable? Unfortunately I can't find the post, but I told u Brett wasn't hurt it was s ruse between cena and hart to get Vince in the ring. This is your big climax to end raw I called this almost a month agoo.

Now TNA is on a thin line they need to have hogan be the leader and type of CEO not wrestle or this will turn off fans. Kudos to bischoff, ruso and hogan on the sting heel turn hearing Sting actually get booed was awesome. Signing hardy and RVD was also a brilliant move. Now bring back Joe as a bad ass develop some of the younger guys and have a good swerve or two and you have something.

Personally I would have Nash and hall start off the match and look like they were gonna wrestle only to have the finger poke of doom two. Nash then get pinned and get up laughing and hugging x PAC and hall. When EY comes in asking what gives Nash powerbombs him. Saying blood is thicker than water EY the band is back together. Then we realize as bischoff comes down that it was all a ruse to get hall and x PAC contracts from hogan and Dixie . Hmm now that would be awesome. Just my two cents

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Stone Cold was looking in the great shape, I expected him to come out looking like a fat ass, but he was as slim as I've ever seen him.

chiefscafan
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
hes an action movie star now gotta be in good shape

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Every time I see this early Sandman promo, I crack the **** up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pj3TonQ2J00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pj3TonQ2J00&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's like he's a poor mans Sting

Or a Dynamic Dude.

Mecca
03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Apparently TNA is losing a shit ton of money right now and is dangerously close to not being in business anymore.......if you believe Meltzer.

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Apparently TNA is losing a shit ton of money right now and is dangerously close to not being in business anymore.......if you believe Meltzer.

Thought it was pretty well known TNA wasn't making money. I'd guess people like Hogan and Foley are getting ridiculous contracts and Dixie Carter does not have anywhere near deep enough pockets to keep taking a loss that Ted Turner was absorbing in the WcW days.

BigCatDaddy
03-16-2010, 02:55 PM
That's too bad. I really think right now they are putting on a better show then WWE on Monday night. Outside of Stone Cold guest hosting Raw sucked ass once again.

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 02:58 PM
TNA doesn't make any fucking sense with what they are trying to accomplish.

While this is a recap of last weeks shows, Lance Storm does a pretty good job nailing down why TNA will never be a big competitor to Vince McMahon.

http://www.stormwrestling.com/030910.html

SnakeXJones
03-17-2010, 02:12 PM
TNA doesn't make any ****ing sense with what they are trying to accomplish.

While this is a recap of last weeks shows, Lance Storm does a pretty good job nailing down why TNA will never be a big competitor to Vince McMahon.

http://www.stormwrestling.com/030910.html

It doesn't make any sense that TNA should keep on horrible f'n writers that they have and who the fu*k book their shows? I wouldn't be surprise it's russo

keg in kc
03-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I think what this newest Monday Night "War" has done is expose just how unbelievably clueless the people running TNA are. They had no real reason to move; they were running unopposed on a popular night for wrestling (I still think Smackdown needs to move back to Thursday, but that's an entirely different topic...). But, okay, they wanted to move, so toss the illogic of doing it to the side for the moment. Let's say you move to Monday, what's the smartest time to broadcast your show? 8-10 o'clock, so you have an hour unopposed? Or 9-11 o'clock, directly against a far more popular show? (hint: 8-10 so you have an hour unopposed). Hell, let's toss the illogic of that out the window, and go with what time of year to make your move to Monday's. Should you do it in March, where WWE will be doing their Wrestlemania push, traditionally their best shows of the year? Or should you do it, say, at, oh, I don't know, any other fucking time of the year?!

I mean, seriously. Move to Monday now? What the fuck kind of stupid plan is that?

We saw how well it worked out this week. Because they got abso-fucking-lutely destroyed in the ratings. 3.7 for WWE, 0.8 for TNA.

As far as quality goes (and I did watch both shows, I actually helped TNA achieve that amazing 0.8 rating), WWE has four feuds right now which are far-and-away better than anything going on in TNA right now. Michaels and Undertaker. Edge and Jericho. CM Punk and Misterio. And McMahon and Bret Hart. Which closing the show on Monday was I thought one of the best-done angles I've seen in years.

Hell, even Shaemus delivered a good promo Monday.

The only thing I'm not interested in right now is that Legacy garbage. They've done the worst possible job with Randy Orton, not to mention the other two. Orton would have been a monster babyface about a year ago, but I don't think anybody cares at all about him now.

And a month in, I still think NXT is the maybe the most interesting thing on the air.

keg in kc
03-17-2010, 04:09 PM
You know, I just remembered something else:

They had Jeff Hardy go over AJ on Monday.

Which would make sense until you think about the fact that Jeff Hardy's FELONY trial started today.

Talk about a WTF?! booking decision.

SnakeXJones
03-22-2010, 02:50 AM
So I decided to watch some WCW World War 3 '99 couple hours ago and remembering Alex Wright seriously he is possibly the worst wrestler in existence? he botches everything